DiG
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Booj
Sure was...

And about that 1-16 playoff tree...

I like that Boston-Montreal series

Tomorrow's going to be a crappy day...

I blame the overhead (live) shots on RDS. There's always a goal when I can't see the action ( :| ).
DiG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:31 PM   #603
Hurst2112
College Starter

*sigh*

Hate to say it, but my Iginla thoughts were correct. I know Chelios was out, but nobody else on the Wings stepped up to stop Jerome.

Intensity is being able to score after being scored upon. Flames did it twice.

I didn't think I would see the day when Lidstrom would get dumb on the blue line.

Good game for the flames. Left me very bummed.
Hurst2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2004, 11:35 PM   #604
Hurst2112
College Starter

DOLA:

Was it just me or was Steve Levey's mic a little muffled? Also, not being able to many games at the Saddledome, I was a little frustrated with the low main camera angle. Is that because of the shape of the stadium?

I thought it was amusing to hear that they opened up more seats for the game, after replacing the ones they auctioned off. 19000+. Good numbers.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:04 AM   #605
Karim
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurst2112
DOLA:

Was it just me or was Steve Levey's mic a little muffled? Also, not being able to many games at the Saddledome, I was a little frustrated with the low main camera angle. Is that because of the shape of the stadium?

I thought it was amusing to hear that they opened up more seats for the game, after replacing the ones they auctioned off. 19000+. Good numbers.

I never noticed anything about the camera angle. I've never actually thought about it.

More seats were not opened for tonight's game but for the start of the playoffs because of public pressure. If the 'Dome could hold 30,000 it would be sold out.

What broadcast were you watching? Unless it's Chris Cuthbert, take anything out of a CBC broadcaster's mouth as false, unless of course they're discussing the Leafs.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:09 AM   #606
bbor
Pro Starter

Happy to see one Canadian team may make it out of the 2nd round...Go Flames

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 12:48 AM   #607
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Lidstrom is ummm... getting old. He has been one of my favorite players for a long time, but my hatred for the Red Wings has been too strong to watch him play much anymore. What a great guy, though. When he gets schooled it generally means things are going badly for the entire team.

At this point, I am just pleased that the Flames are making a good series of it. If they had ANY kind of depth on the blueline they could really be making some noise. I've been a Montador fan, but it's obvious he is a step down, and you really take a hit on Commodore. They brought that Brennan Evans kid up (played in Lowell (AHL) this season) for the game tonight, but last I looked he only had 1 shift and that was 32 seconds. What a tough way to make your NHL debut. Somehow the defensive corps pulled it off, though.

What about Iginla? That guy is incredible. He's got a share of the Richard trophy for his 41 goals during the season, has 6 goals (9 points) through 10 playoff games, and has two fighting majors in the playoffs as well.

Last edited by Tekneek : 04-28-2004 at 12:49 AM.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 02:01 AM   #608
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karim
I never noticed anything about the camera angle. I've never actually thought about it.

More seats were not opened for tonight's game but for the start of the playoffs because of public pressure. If the 'Dome could hold 30,000 it would be sold out.

What broadcast were you watching? Unless it's Chris Cuthbert, take anything out of a CBC broadcaster's mouth as false, unless of course they're discussing the Leafs.

They (ESPN) could have said that the seats were open for the playoffs, not just for this game. My point was that I thought it was cool . Not because I am a Wings fan, but because it's cool to hear things like that when it comes to hockey fans.
Old 04-28-2004, 02:20 AM   #609
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
Lidstrom is ummm... getting old. He has been one of my favorite players for a long time, but my hatred for the Red Wings has been too strong to watch him play much anymore. What a great guy, though. When he gets schooled it generally means things are going badly for the entire team.

At this point, I am just pleased that the Flames are making a good series of it. If they had ANY kind of depth on the blueline they could really be making some noise. I've been a Montador fan, but it's obvious he is a step down, and you really take a hit on Commodore. They brought that Brennan Evans kid up (played in Lowell (AHL) this season) for the game tonight, but last I looked he only had 1 shift and that was 32 seconds. What a tough way to make your NHL debut. Somehow the defensive corps pulled it off, though.

What about Iginla? That guy is incredible. He's got a share of the Richard trophy for his 41 goals during the season, has 6 goals (9 points) through 10 playoff games, and has two fighting majors in the playoffs as well.

This is what I posted about Iginla, after 2 games:

Quote:
Also, I may be jinxing the subject but who is this Iginla guy everybody keeps talking about? They say he had about 41 goals this season. I saw a guy out there the last two games with the same last name. That must be his brother.

Then later:

Quote:
Sorry, I am just suprised that a player like Maltby has shut him down so far. And no, I don't expect Iginla to remain quiet for the rest of the series.

Yes, he is incredible. Though in this series, up to this game, he wasn't more than a silent figure in the series. I was (right) wrong.

Lidstrom, I don't know. I would hope age doesn't have anything to do with it (after the contract extension). I would agree that his bad day reflects 10 fold on the whole team. It is unusual that he can have a 4 point game and then blow it in the next one. He needs to shoot more than once a game if the Wings want a chance to win Thursday.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:43 AM   #610
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Hrmmm...

Not good.

The only good thing to come out of all this, is that if the series goes to six games, I will actually get to see a Wings playoff game this year. Heading back to the states on Sunday for work. Will likely be there for the entire month of May. That's the only positive I can see.
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 08:06 AM   #611
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
Nah, Cole gets all his Leafs stuff wrong too.

It's part of his charm. Every sport needs a "crazy old man" broadcaster that you can't imagine not having around. Cole is the Summerall of the NHL.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:29 AM   #612
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs
Nah, Cole gets all his Leafs stuff wrong too.

It's part of his charm. Every sport needs a "crazy old man" broadcaster that you can't imagine not having around. Cole is the Summerall of the NHL.

Bobe Cole and Harry Neale are royalty....they could get every name wrong on the ice, and call everyone Orr and Howe, and I wouldnt care.....Cole's voice brings me peace
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM   #613
bbor
Pro Starter

I prefer Joe Bowen...He could make a lawn bowling game sound interesting.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:15 PM   #614
Karim
College Starter

It's just hard to believe that there are not two better colour analysts in the country than Millen and Healy. Cassie Campbell is occasionally a guest analyst on the Flames broadcast and she does a much better job. She's prepared, knows her stuff and has actually seen the Flames play during the regular season. Plus, she captained a team to Olympic gold, silver and countless world championships - something that gets much more respect from me than sitting on the bench watching Richter, Messier et. al. win you a Stanely Cup. [/rant off]

I'm glad we pushed it to a sixth game only for the sake that the organization can get some more coin with a home date. My only expectation for this series was to get to at least game six and make it difficult on the Wings. I'm satisfied regardless what happens here on out.
Karim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:12 PM   #615
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Plus Cassie Campbell is better looking than both Millen and Healy.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 05:37 PM   #616
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

Quote:
It's just hard to believe that there are not two better colour analysts in the country than Millen and Healy.
A few years ago, Ottawa fans complained loudly that CBC had an anti-Senator bias. It was the sort of small-town thing that fans do when their team makes the big time and they're not really sure how to react.

Millen = Ottawa homer.

So there's your explanation for his presence. Dean Brown would also fall into that category, but he's quite a good play-by-play guy most times so I don't mind him being there at all.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:19 PM   #617
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
My only expectation for this series was to get to at least game six and make it difficult on the Wings. I'm satisfied regardless what happens here on out.

Looks like you got a little more than that.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:30 PM   #618
Hurst2112
College Starter

Holy effin Leafs!

Lookin' good, lookin real good.
Old 04-28-2004, 07:51 PM   #619
bbor
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by klayman
Plus Cassie Campbell is better looking than both Millen and Healy.

WORD!

Old 04-28-2004, 09:03 PM   #620
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I would take the CBC guys any day over the guys we get down here...
Old 04-28-2004, 09:04 PM   #621
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

meanwhile, in the US I miss the beginning of the Avs game to watch the 9th inning of a gay baseball game.
Old 04-28-2004, 09:29 PM   #622
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger
meanwhile, in the US I miss the beginning of the Avs game to watch the 9th inning of a gay baseball game.

I thought Chipper Jones was on the DL.

Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 PM   #623
Johnny93g
College Starter

SUNDIN, WHAT A PASS
Kilger, Wilm, Belak, and yes Alex Mogilny played a great physical game...I love seeing Alex throw his weight around.....
2 stragiht games we outplayed em.....

GO LEAFS GO
Old 04-28-2004, 10:37 PM   #624
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g
SUNDIN, WHAT A PASS
Kilger, Wilm, Belak, and yes Alex Mogilny played a great physical game...I love seeing Alex throw his weight around.....
2 stragiht games we outplayed em.....

GO LEAFS GO

Mogilny better watch those cheap shots. He should have done time for that clear boarding / hitting from behind (take your pick on what the penalty should have been) cheap shot. Oh well, still plenty of time left for him to get what's coming, at least 2 more games.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 10:55 PM   #625
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan
Mogilny better watch those cheap shots. He should have done time for that clear boarding / hitting from behind (take your pick on what the penalty should have been) cheap shot. Oh well, still plenty of time left for him to get what's coming, at least 2 more games.

So I take it you aren't a Mogilny fan.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:19 PM   #626
Vince
Pro Starter

Man, this Avs-Sharks game has been amazing...Nabokov is playing out of his mind right now.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:21 PM   #627
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Man, this Avs-Sharks game has been amazing...Nabokov is playing out of his mind right now.

I am actually not a hokcey fan but I am watching this game with great interest.

I feel so dirty now for posting in this thread.
GoldenEagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:25 PM   #628
JeeberD
General Manager

I would much rather post in this thread than any stinking soccer thread.

You have your priorities way off...

Edit: If the Avs lose this series, who the hell am I going to root for the rest of the way? The Oilers didn't make it to the playoffs and the Stars lost to the Avs...

I'll take any suggestions that aren't the Red Wings or Devils...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO

Last edited by JeeberD : 04-28-2004 at 11:27 PM.
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2004, 11:28 PM   #629
Vince
Pro Starter

Sharks, man! Come on
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:35 PM   #630
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleFan

Ya Moginly, is a cheap shot artist, he's just like Alfferdsson....come on.....Mogilny wasn't trying to hurt Markov, and im glad Markov is ok......Sure, that hit was questionable, and he should of gotten a penalty, but I think the slash to the unprotected part behind the leg would qualify as getting what was coming to him......what do you think would be revenge....hitting him from behind into the boards.....risking serious injury....no one wants to see that.....Mogilny is a classy player....he doesnt try to hurt people.....

Last edited by Johnny93g : 04-28-2004 at 11:37 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:44 PM   #631
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:
Sharks, man! Come on

Do they still have Ricci?

If so, maybe...

Old 04-28-2004, 11:46 PM   #632
Vince
Pro Starter

Ricci is still a shark...
Old 04-28-2004, 11:51 PM   #633
Hurst2112
College Starter

Quote:

No shit. So far (OT) he's faced 37 shots.

Aebischer isn't doing all that bad either.

Gary Thorne has had about 9 close calls with coranarys since the game started.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:54 PM   #634
JeeberD
General Manager

Avs WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2004, 11:54 PM   #635
Vince
Pro Starter

DAMN. What a game...

Man, Rathje should have controlled that and dumped it. Ah well...now it's back to the Shark Tank.

Last edited by Vince : 04-28-2004 at 11:55 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:54 PM   #636
Hurst2112
College Starter

Dola

Good goal by Sakic. Looked like an opportunity on a mistake.
Old 04-28-2004, 11:55 PM   #637
Vince
Pro Starter

Exactly what it was. Rathje should have had that, and just missed controlling it. Sakic still made a great shot...I don't think Nabokov was ready for it.
Old 04-29-2004, 01:42 AM   #638
bbor
Pro Starter

Jeebs...root for the Flames.

Flyers lost their composure this game.I don't expect that to happen again.

That being said...the Leafs won what is usually the most important game of the series,but it means nothing if they lose friday.Hopefully Newy will be back for that game.Is it me or did Eddie look like he was fighting it a bit tonight?Not a good sign if he is.

Old 04-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #639
JeeberD
General Manager

bbor-

Calgary is playing the Evil Wings, correct?

If so, there's no doubt that I'll be pulling for the "other" Alberta team...

Old 04-29-2004, 02:12 AM   #640
Vince
Pro Starter

Is it just me, or was the high-sticking penalty near the end of the Sharks game not worth 4 minutes? I'm not trying to make up an excuse or anything, but it looked to me like the Colorado player brought it upon himself by grabbing the Shark guy. Man, do I sound like a great fan or what? Can't even remember the damn names...I'm too tired.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:17 AM   #641
JeeberD
General Manager

Wasn't that last goal scored after the power play was over?

Old 04-29-2004, 03:05 AM   #642
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
I would much rather post in this thread than any stinking soccer thread.

You have your priorities way off...

Edit: If the Avs lose this series, who the hell am I going to root for the rest of the way? The Oilers didn't make it to the playoffs and the Stars lost to the Avs...

I'll take any suggestions that aren't the Red Wings or Devils...

I'd reccommend the Red Wings. Repent. It's never too late to accept your hero and savior, Steve Yzerman.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:06 AM   #643
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor
Jeebs...root for the Flames.

Why must you be so hurtful?
Old 04-29-2004, 03:25 AM   #644
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue
I'd reccommend the Red Wings. Repent. It's never too late to accept your hero and savior, Steve Yzerman.

Someone stop Billy Graham Cracker here and his evangelism.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:02 AM   #645
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Jeebs...Cheer for the Flames. All the cool kids are doing it.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:05 AM   #646
Sharpieman
Greatly Missed. (7/11/84-06/12/05)

Quote:
Is it just me, or was the high-sticking penalty near the end of the Sharks game not worth 4 minutes? I'm not trying to make up an excuse or anything, but it looked to me like the Colorado player brought it upon himself by grabbing the Shark guy. Man, do I sound like a great fan or what? Can't even remember the damn names...I'm too tired.
Yea Teemu pulled him and thats why his stick went up. It was maybe a 2 min penalty, but not 4 mins. It doesn't matter anyways, the Sharks will dump Colorado in a game or 2.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:13 AM   #647
klayman
College Benchwarmer

didn't see the play but was blood drawn on the high stick? Cause then it is an automatic 4 mins regardless of intent.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:26 AM   #648
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

I thought Selanne already had the injury that *might* have been opened up by the "high-stick." Even if it wasn't, it is hard to say if the stick did it or him sliding his face across the ice trying to sell the incident was the cause. That guy is a loser. He has done almost nothing all season to help his team. The signing of Kariya/Selanne has been a huge bust for the Avalanche.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 07:35 AM   #649
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:

PHEW!

too bad Game 1 and the 2nd half of Game 2 were such stinkers - Games 3 and 4 have been great games (if you like defense and great goaltending). Can we PLEASE stop talking about the pressure on Aebishcher filling Roy's shoes now?

as for the high stick on Selanne - Selanne was cut but not badly; I've nicked myself shaving worse than that. 2 minutes would have been more realistic. I believe the refs DO have some leeway there - the rule says double minor for a high stick that causes "an injury". Usually, that means "draws blood" - but you'll see high sticks were more blood was drawn than Selanne that didn't get a double (Modano on Sakic in round 1) and high sticks were no blood was drawn that do.

that said, it's about time the Avs got a call in their favor - it's gotten MUCH better, but all the borderline calls have seemed to go San Jose's way. In particular, the goaltender interference stuff has been crazy.
Old 04-29-2004, 07:38 AM   #650
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekneek
He has done almost nothing all season to help his team. The signing of Kariya/Selanne has been a huge bust for the Avalanche.

hadn't heard that insight yet. thanks!

next you're going to tell me that Scott Hannan is the most underrated defenseman in the NHL or that Lecavalier and St Louis grew up rooting for the Habs.