Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-14-2009, 04:58 PM   #601
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

I wonder what it takes in Phil Knight's world for something to go beyond "indiscretions." hxxp://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4740543.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 05:24 PM   #602
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca View Post
Well, Tiger is ten years older, and Lebron is only 24.

And the fact that LebBron already has two kids.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:14 AM   #603
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4744216

When it rains, it pours.. Obviously doesn't mean a whole lot, but the link is still there.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:24 AM   #604
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Samdari, that NBA joke is lame. Yeah, as opposed to the general piety of athletes in other leagues.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:30 AM   #605
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Maybe LeBron knew something Tiger didn't with not getting married.

I think it's pretty obvious:If you are reasonably attractive, smart, socially capable, and have money, you should never get married.

If you're ugly, broke, stupid, and awkward, then get married the first chance you get.

Last edited by Karlifornia : 12-15-2009 at 12:30 AM.
Karlifornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:59 AM   #606
Glengoyne
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
I wonder what it takes in Phil Knight's world for something to go beyond "indiscretions." hxxp://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=4740543.

I also like the bit where Knight adds in "We investigated his background before the signing." So in other words, Phil Knight and some sleazy investigator were on the short list of folks who could have blown the story on Tiger's predilections long ago.
Glengoyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:47 AM   #607
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I just don't see how that marriage can survive. She just needs to take her 9 figure settlement and move on. He's not worth keeping, especially given the payout she'd receive and that custody is a shoe-in for her.
Plus it's not like they were married 10 years and then he had an affair. Seems like the whole marriage was a sham to him probably to complete his wholesome image.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:22 AM   #608
Dutch
"Dutch"

I don't give a shit about Tiger or this latest celeb scandal. I just want to know when I can wear my TW hat again without feeling like I'm gonna get a beat down by every lady I see. I paid good money for that cap!
Dutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 06:53 AM   #609
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karlifornia View Post
Samdari, that NBA joke is lame. Yeah, as opposed to the general piety of athletes in other leagues.

Don't take it personally.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:08 AM   #610
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm looking forward to the Hot Coffee mini-game in the next Tiger Woods game.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 07:19 AM   #611
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
I don't give a shit about Tiger or this latest celeb scandal. I just want to know when I can wear my TW hat again without feeling like I'm gonna get a beat down by every lady I see. I paid good money for that cap!

you should probably actually get beat up, and then sue Tiger for your piece

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 12-15-2009 at 07:19 AM.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:55 AM   #612
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutch View Post

Why would women care that you're wearing a cap endorsed by Tiger? Wear your cap man if they give you shit about it call them a cunt and keep it moving.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:59 AM   #613
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Why would women care that you're wearing a cap endorsed by Tiger? Wear your cap man if they give you shit about it call them a cunt and keep it moving.

Classy!
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:04 AM   #614
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

For those bored at work
Attached Files
File Type: xls Tiger Hunt.xls (727.0 KB, 25 views)
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #615
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Classy!

Was it too much?
Old 12-15-2009, 09:23 AM   #616
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop View Post
Was it too much?

A bit. I don't think a comment about a Tiger Woods' hate really deserves the ole "C U Next Tuesday". That really needs to be reserved for very, very rare and special occasions.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 12-15-2009, 09:39 AM   #617
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
A bit. I don't think a comment about a Tiger Woods' hate really deserves the ole "C U Next Tuesday". That really needs to be reserved for very, very rare and special occasions.

Indeed. Understood.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:02 PM   #618
BYU 14
Coordinator

What is really starting to annoy me is the fact that all these women are being painted as victims in interviews/stories. Are they that fucking stupid to think he would leave his wife and kids for them? Are they that naive to think that IF that did happen he would become a saint and they would be able to trust him on the road?

Come on ladies, you knew what you were getting into, you were all a rich kids toy, own it and enjoy your 15 minutes, which hopefully ends quickly.

As for Tiger, everyone cuts their own deal. Next time maybe you should ask Derek Jeter for advice on how to be a famous athlete, bang hot women and still stay out of scandals. It's called stay single and be honest.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 12-15-2009 at 12:04 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 12:36 PM   #619
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
What is really starting to annoy me is the fact that all these women are being painted as victims in interviews/stories. Are they that fucking stupid to think he would leave his wife and kids for them? Are they that naive to think that IF that did happen he would become a saint and they would be able to trust him on the road?

Come on ladies, you knew what you were getting into, you were all a rich kids toy, own it and enjoy your 15 minutes, which hopefully ends quickly.

As for Tiger, everyone cuts their own deal. Next time maybe you should ask Derek Jeter for advice on how to be a famous athlete, bang hot women and still stay out of scandals. It's called stay single and be honest.

Yeap. And to be honest, if Tiger was cheating on his wife, he's going to go for an army of booty.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 PM   #620
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Women are pretty gullible man.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:25 PM   #621
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Plus as we learn in Borat...they have a smaller brain then men.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #622
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post

Money = gullible

I don't see too many broke dudes with a string of Trout like Tiger had.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:00 AM   #623
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Quote:

Bingo. Hit the nail on the head.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:13 AM   #624
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Tabloids overnight reported moving trucks at the Orlando residence. How many trucks do you need to haul away hundreds of millions of dollars in prenuptual agreement payoffs?
Old 12-16-2009, 12:30 PM   #625
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Tabloids overnight reported moving trucks at the Orlando residence. How many trucks do you need to haul away hundreds of millions of dollars in prenuptual agreement payoffs?

There has been reports of her buying a house in Sweden, but the article says they both might be moving there to avoid the press and they were likely working on this deal since August. Granted, if you have millions of bucks to drop on a house, I bet you can buy one real quick. I looked at my house on a Sunday and signed by Thursday.

Old 12-16-2009, 01:26 PM   #626
Kodos
Resident Alien

I think Tiger could fix things up by going on SNL and doing a funny "Secret Lovers" video with all 27 of his lovers.
Old 12-17-2009, 08:52 AM   #627
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I just read a report that Elin will be filing for a divorce.

Report: Wife to seek divorce from Tiger Woods - ESPN

I think it's for the best. Clearly he wasn't happy with his marriage and I don't think she'll ever be happy with it again either.

She can go back to Sweden and raise her children and Tiger can go on playing golf and banging VIP hostesses and what not. It's a win-win.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:50 AM   #628
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Like I said before I don't think he should have ever gotten married.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:24 AM   #629
Chubby
Grizzled Veteran

Guess Tiger will be back on the tour soon since he doesn't have a marriage to try and salvage anymore.
Chubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #630
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I hope he comes back soon. It'll draw huge ratings just to see the three-ring circus each time he hits the course. I can't wait for the first time he says something to a person in the crowd about their behavior.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 12-17-2009 at 10:42 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:53 AM   #631
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

I hope he hits on the ladies in the crowd.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:57 AM   #632
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff061 View Post
I hope he hits on the ladies in the crowd.

Saturday Night Live should do a skit where they invite back Tim Meadows to play "The Ladies' Man" with Tiger Woods as his special guest.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:00 AM   #633
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Unfortunate, but...pretty boneheaded stuff on his part. I hope he didn't renegotiate the prenup, at least. A costly mistake, but...life has those for all of us in one way or another.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:10 AM   #634
stevew
Hall Of Famer

The relationship was obviously over, so better to get it all done in one swoop.

Anyways, all the talk like she was some saint or something is annoying. The only reason she was with Tiger was because he was a world famous golfer. To me, she's really not that different than any of the other whores that Tiger banged on the side. She was just able to leverage her booty into a significant financial arrangement for herself.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:11 AM   #635
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Saturday Night Live should do a skit where they invite back Tim Meadows to play "The Ladies' Man" with Tiger Woods as his special guest.
yes!!!!!
Old 12-17-2009, 11:13 AM   #636
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
The relationship was obviously over, so better to get it all done in one swoop.

Anyways, all the talk like she was some saint or something is annoying. The only reason she was with Tiger was because he was a world famous golfer. To me, she's really not that different than any of the other whores that Tiger banged on the side. She was just able to leverage her booty into a significant financial arrangement for herself.

quite the booty too.

not sure that anyone is saying she's a saint or anything, but at least (to our knowledge) she wasn't the one cheating in the relationship. sure maybe it was a relationship where she got $$ and he got her on his arm so they were both using each other, but given her reaction to the situation it sure doesn't seem they had an implicit understanding that he'd be getting tail on the side, so i think it's perfectly fair to consider her the "wronged party" in this case.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:20 AM   #637
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
The only reason she was with Tiger was because he was a world famous golfer. To me, she's really not that different than any of the other whores that Tiger banged on the side.

Good thing you know her well enough to know if she was really in love with the guy, or was simply there for the money.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:23 AM   #638
Subby
lolzcat

Quote:
That's quite the supposition.
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:49 AM   #639
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby View Post
That's quite the supposition.

Good post.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:52 AM   #640
AENeuman
College Benchwarmer

First week of April is going to be ridiculous. First the McGwire circus, and then Tiger at the Masters. To make it a perfect FUBAR I think they should reinstate Tim Donaghy for the NBA playoffs
AENeuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:01 PM   #641
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by AENeuman View Post
First week of April is going to be ridiculous. First the McGwire circus, and then Tiger at the Masters. To make it a perfect FUBAR I think they should reinstate Tim Donaghy for the NBA playoffs

I bet McGwire is praying that Tiger decides to come back. There would be zero coverage of his return outside of St. Louis. PTI: Entire first segment, guest, entire second segment. Then the happy happys would mention McGwire's return.

Last edited by panerd : 12-17-2009 at 12:02 PM.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 12:14 PM   #642
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

So does this go for all wealth guys who marry?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:11 PM   #643
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
So does this go for all wealth guys who marry?

My guess is...

1) If they marry after they are wealthy
2) It is not a childhood sweatheart.
3) It is not another rich person/celebrity

Yes.
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #644
Kodos
Resident Alien

What about if you marry somebody who is not currently rich, but who is likely to get a nice inheritance at some point in the future that may be decades away?
Old 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM   #645
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What if you're not rich, but purchase several million dollars of life insurance?
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #646
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oh, maybe that's what Kodos was going for. Ah well.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM   #647
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

12-11-2009, 11:36 PM :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marmel View Post
He'll be back for the Masters in April.

Do you want to know who wins the Tournament?

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:33 PM   #648
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Saying Tiger was going to be back for the Masters was like saying Schmidty was going to choke in the JBL playoffs or Swaggs would never win a RWBL title...not much of a stretch.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:41 PM   #649
Oilers9911
College Benchwarmer

Yeah, it's not like you predicted he would come back for the World Putt-Putt championships or something.
Oilers9911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 01:45 PM   #650
Marmel
Grizzled Veteran

I think it is my first ever correct sports prediction.

Cincinnati basketball writer P. Daugherty, "Connor Barwin playing several minutes against Syracuse is like kids with slingshots taking down Caesar's legions."
Marmel is offline   Reply With Quote