Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 05-06-2009, 12:31 AM   #601
bhlloy
Coordinator

OK, one more thought. The refs looked like they were drunk out there... getting in the way of the play, falling over at every opportunity, I have never seen the icing rule called so poorly in my entire life, some penalties on both teams were pretty questionable. That and the no-goal... ugh. Are the same refs set for the rest of the series?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #602
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
That was my other thought from this game. Chelios is done and the Wings must have somebody in the Minors who can actually skate out there. Selanne completely embarassed him on the first (and Selanne has lost a step), Chelly looked like he was skating in tar.

He wasn't supposed to play at all, but with Lilja still dead thanks to Shea Weber, and Rafalski out, it's he or Meech. I guess I can see where Babcock would rather not have a second kid out there, like Meech, who I don't believe played at all in the playoffs last year, but that just made little sense. If he is going to only play 10 minutes, and not at all in the third, why not let Meech in there who has a better chance of making something happen at this point in time.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:32 AM   #603
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
The ref took himself out of position. He was near the boards for some reason. That was just abysmal. I even hate to admit it, but I have sincere doubts that kind of screw up happens in the Pens/Caps series.

Not ready to call for conspiracy theory yet. NHL wins whoever advances out of PIT-WAS anyway. Either way, they get a marketable star. And I realize you're talking about a hypothetical involving PIT-WAS, but the allusion is to a conspiracy theory against the Wings, and that's a little crazy. Everyone knows the NHL would much rather have the Wings back in the SCF than the Ducks.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:33 AM   #604
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Not ready to call for conspiracy theory yet. NHL wins whoever advances out of PIT-WAS anyway. Either way, they get a marketable star. And I realize you're talking about a hypothetical involving PIT-WAS, but the allusion is to a conspiracy theory against the Wings, and that's a little crazy. Everyone knows the NHL would much rather have the Wings back in the SCF than the Ducks.

Not a conspiracy theory, I just mean I think those refs are going to let them play, whereas in this series they're not sure when to let the teams play or not.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:34 AM   #605
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Not a conspiracy theory, I just mean I think those refs are going to let them play, whereas in this series they're not sure when to let the teams play or not.

That I'm not sure I have a qualified opinion on.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:35 AM   #606
DeToxRox
Head Coach

When the game first started with those two calls I figured, okay, they're calling it tight. Then it became calls for the sake of calls. I just want consistency. Either call it all or don't, but don't call it for half the first period, then not call it in the second, then call it in the third.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:39 AM   #607
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
When the game first started with those two calls I figured, okay, they're calling it tight. Then it became calls for the sake of calls. I just want consistency. Either call it all or don't, but don't call it for half the first period, then not call it in the second, then call it in the third.

I was out with a friend tonight and away from a TV, so I missed the first and much of the second. But I got the distinct impression even from what little I watched that there were some inconsistency in the rate, the "sensitivity" of calls. And when I first started listening, the Ducks announcers were pissed there wasn't a penalty associated somewhere with the play where Wisniewski went down. I still don't know exactly what happened, I just know Wiz had to be taken off on a stretcher, and Niedermayer ended up in the box.

BTW, Wiz was taken to the hospital to be checked out. No word yet on how he's doing.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:45 AM   #608
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I was out with a friend tonight and away from a TV, so I missed the first and much of the second. But I got the distinct impression even from what little I watched that there were some inconsistency in the rate, the "sensitivity" of calls. And when I first started listening, the Ducks announcers were pissed there wasn't a penalty associated somewhere with the play where Wisniewski went down. I still don't know exactly what happened, I just know Wiz had to be taken off on a stretcher, and Niedermayer ended up in the box.

BTW, Wiz was taken to the hospital to be checked out. No word yet on how he's doing.

The whole Wisniewski thing happened during a delayed penalty. The Wings had pressure in the Anaheim zone, Niedermayer got called for hooking or interference or some such. During the delayed call, Wisniewski got hit in the chest with the puck. That's what hurt him. He stayed on his feet and then caught an errant elbow by Holmstrom while Holmstrom was tangled up with Niedermayer. Ducks touch the puck, whistle blows, Wisniewski goes down.

There could have been an elbow call on Holsmtrom, but it really was incidental and it wasn't what hurt Wisniewski. It looked that way at first, but when you watch the replay you can tell he was hurt by Datsyuk's shot.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 12:46 AM   #609
bhlloy
Coordinator

The Wisniewski play was interesting. It was either a unlucky accident or a hell of a dirty play by Holmstrom, whichever way you look at it. He first got hit with the puck but I don't think he was bleeding until the Holmstrom "punch" to the face about 15 seconds later, I'd have to see it again to make my mind up whether he meant it or not. Hayward was pretty outraged, but that's not unusual.

Going back to how you would change the rule, I understand where bbor is coming from. You don't want a puck that is legally covered to go in the net because the ref is slow getting the whistle to his mouth. But... I see no reason not to review and say if 1) the puck is clearly not covered and 2) the whistle comes after the puck goes in the net then it's a good goal. There are plenty more judgement calls that the review officials make. That's probably a good start (and you have to realize this rule is probably never going to be perfect)

EDIT - I guess it was an elbow. It looked bad on the replays I saw, but I'm not going to say it was a dirty play or he meant it until I see it again. And isn't elbowing like high sticking... there doesn't have to be intent for it to be called? Really, the Ducks got screwed on that interchange IMO, I didn't see a really bad hook by Niedermayer and the refs are supposed to whistle any head injury straight away.

Last edited by bhlloy : 05-06-2009 at 12:50 AM.
Old 05-06-2009, 12:54 AM   #610
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Yeah, that's kinda what the radio announcers were saying, too, that Niedermayer rightly deserved his penalty (of course), but that he should have been joined by a Wing as well. They never explained further. Now I see what you mean (and what they were talking about). I'll have to see the replay.

If bhlloy's description is accurate, though, he's right, that should be an automatic call. And the Wings scored on that PP, IIRC.

Old 05-06-2009, 12:55 AM   #611
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Not much more you can say about the no-goal.

It's understandable that the NHL wants to protect goalies from being run. But you have to be in better position if you're going to blow that play dead, watch how the players are reacting. Hiller wasn't in danger of being run, and Hossa was diving toward the puck, on the other side of the goal.

Painful game to watch. The Red Wings have dominated late in both the last two games, but Hiller keeps the puck out of the net. We'll see what they're made of in game 4. They have the talent to blow them right off the ice, even on the road.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 01:00 AM   #612
bhlloy
Coordinator

FWIW, media reports say that Wisniewski was hit in the ribs by the shot and Holmstrom caused the head injury. Not saying that has to be taken as gospel, but I suspect this to be the case. He started bleeding almost immediately after the Holmstrom incident.
Old 05-06-2009, 07:33 AM   #613
bob
College Starter

I am so happy I didn't stay up to watch that game last night. I would have been too angry to fall asleep.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:39 AM   #614
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Unless Wisniewski's lungs are connected to the side of his head, his lung contusion was not caused by Holmstrom's elbow.

I'm not sure what to make of the Wings in this series. This is looking all too familiar to what we've seen for the last decade or so. Acquire more skill than the opposition, outshoot the opposition and sometimes run into a hot goalie. Darren Helm should not be Detroit's best player, but for the last two games, it sure seems like it. Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Hossa have to step it up. 'Course if Hiller can stop 100 shots in the next two games, you shake the Ducks' hands and wish 'em good luck in the next round.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 02:47 PM   #615
watravaler
High School JV

Toews and Havlat appear to be banged up, not good for Chicago.
watravaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:07 PM   #616
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Chicago got more out of Havlat this year than anyone can rightly expect. They've been living on borrowed time with him since January.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 03:54 PM   #617
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
Unless Wisniewski's lungs are connected to the side of his head, his lung contusion was not caused by Holmstrom's elbow.

I'm not sure what to make of the Wings in this series. This is looking all too familiar to what we've seen for the last decade or so. Acquire more skill than the opposition, outshoot the opposition and sometimes run into a hot goalie. Darren Helm should not be Detroit's best player, but for the last two games, it sure seems like it. Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Hossa have to step it up. 'Course if Hiller can stop 100 shots in the next two games, you shake the Ducks' hands and wish 'em good luck in the next round.

The problem I'm seeing with the Wings is that they are settling for the point/blue line shot with no traffic in front of Hiller. That won't get it done. Part of that credit goes to Anaheim's D, to be sure, but the Wings aren't too short on big physical players either. Create some havoc and the goals will come.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM   #618
DataKing
Pro Rookie

It looked to me like they were just trying to hammer Hiller, looking for rebounds, but even a hockey-layman like myself can tell that the way the Ducks play defense, collapsing around the front of the net, rebounds generally are swept away before they become dangerous. The wings need to show a lot more patience than they did last night if they're going to advance. Take your time, work the puck around the perimeter, and take 30 quality shots rather than 46 impatient ones.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:40 PM   #619
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
It looked to me like they were just trying to hammer Hiller, looking for rebounds, but even a hockey-layman like myself can tell that the way the Ducks play defense, collapsing around the front of the net, rebounds generally are swept away before they become dangerous. The wings need to show a lot more patience than they did last night if they're going to advance. Take your time, work the puck around the perimeter, and take 30 quality shots rather than 46 impatient ones.

Bingo. I believe the stats after the 2nd period showed that even though the Wings led in shots, the Ducks actually led in scoring chances.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 04:52 PM   #620
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I think this was discussed in the regular season thread as well, but I'd love to have someone have to at least answer for the refs decisions.

I am not saying throw these guys under the bus, but in the NFL, the director of officiating (is it still Steve Perreira?) would be on NFL Network reviewing some of the prior weeks calls.

Or, a little further back, it seemed like 2-3 seasons in a row, the Steelers had a call against them in a game, and Tuesday or Wednesday the following week, Cowher would get a call saying in fact a mistake was made.

It wouldn't change any outcomes, but I'd love to hear "yep, Cooke was interfered with there" on the Ovechkin goal, or that the elbow, intentional or not, by Holmstrom was missed.

I often hear from people they don't understand hockey, and therefore they aren't interested. And that would go a long way to explaining, and possibly attracting, fans much better then me saying "well, yeah that is a penalty, but it's the 3rd period...and it's the playoffs..."
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:01 PM   #621
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

The NHL network could fill a 2-hour program every week just playing highlights of bad/missed calls. Hockey is harder than any other sport to officiate, and I think that for the most part the refs do a damned good job. To call them out on every mistake in hindsight would be a pretty lousy way to treat them, in my opinion.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Old 05-06-2009, 05:05 PM   #622
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Not even a mention of the blown call at the end of the Wings/Ducks game on NHL.com, at least not that I can see.

One piece of good news though...sounds like Wisniewski is going to be all right.

NHL.com - Conference Semifinals: Detroit vs. Anaheim: Ducks' Wisniewski showing improvement - 05/06/2009
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 05:13 PM   #623
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Which is why I don't think it would ever happen.

Similar to the notion holding can be called every play in the NFL, I'd say you could call interference/hooking about every shift. Those aren't going to get questioned, as long as it's consistently allowed.

But calls that are drastically changing the outcome of a game. An interference that leads directly to a goal. A too many men that goes uncalled and the offending team retains the puck and scores.

There was another call in the Pens-Caps game, 1st period I believe. Steckel takes a lead pass, appears in all alone. Letang catches him, dives, gets puck, then trips Steckel. My understanding is, puck first, that is clean. But I also understand the ref has a split second to see that, while I can watch it in slo-mo all day. Was it the wrong call by the rule? Yes, but justifiable.

The Cooke interference, Ovechkin scored 5 seconds into the PP. The player (i think Semin) is still engaged with Cooke when Ovy shoots the puck. They called Jurcina for alot less than that on Crosby earlier.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #624
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Not the start the Pens wanted.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 06:33 PM   #625
Tekneek
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
Bingo. I believe the stats after the 2nd period showed that even though the Wings led in shots, the Ducks actually led in scoring chances.

Scoring chances is not an official stat.
Tekneek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:28 PM   #626
Pyser
Pro Rookie

malkin just showed up
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:31 PM   #627
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

This game deserves OT!
Old 05-06-2009, 09:47 PM   #628
samifan24
Pro Starter

The Bruins disgust me. They played great hockey for two months (Nov and Dec) and very good hockey for most of the entire regular season and yet they play ugly, hurried hockey when it counts the most.

Lucic and Savard both have great chances in the first 1:30 of overtime and yet a guy like Jokinen wins it on the ugliest goal imaginable. As soon as it went to OT I thought Carolina would win, I really did. They have the look of an inspired team on a mission whereas the Bruins just look lost. Credit to Carolina for outworking, outhustling and generally outplaying the Bruins. It will take a lot of motivation from Claude Julian to make sure the real Bruins show up on Friday and, sadly, I'm not sure that's going to happen.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:51 PM   #629
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

All the people that said the difference in these games would be Varlamov...have been correct!

Maybe my black and gold glasses, but it's possibly 3-0 Pittsburgh without him.

When VS cut to Canes-Bruins OT...the goaltending seemed ordinary by comparison.
Old 05-06-2009, 09:53 PM   #630
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
The Bruins disgust me. They played great hockey for two months (Nov and Dec) and very good hockey for most of the entire regular season and yet they play ugly, hurried hockey when it counts the most.

Lucic and Savard both have great chances in the first 1:30 of overtime and yet a guy like Jokinen wins it on the ugliest goal imaginable. As soon as it went to OT I thought Carolina would win, I really did. They have the look of an inspired team on a mission whereas the Bruins just look lost. Credit to Carolina for outworking, outhustling and generally outplaying the Bruins. It will take a lot of motivation from Claude Julian to make sure the real Bruins show up on Friday and, sadly, I'm not sure that's going to happen.

yeah - what you said
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:08 PM   #631
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

And what the hell were the words Darryl Reaugh was making up on the Caps-Pens broadcast??

Mastodonian? Lobotomized? Vasilinity???

What the fuck!
Old 05-06-2009, 11:13 PM   #632
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post

I do think this was the first game in the series where Carolina truly outplayed the Bruins. Thomas deserves a lot of credit for keeping them in it, especially when everything was rolling downhill for Carolina during the latter half of the second period.

The Bruins are still a very tough team, though. Carolina outworked and outplayed them for good stretches, but for those moments where Boston really got themselves set in the offensive end and jammed some traffic in front of Ward, they were able to cash in twice on deflections. If they could apply that more consistently, it'll make it much more difficult for Carolina. Right now, Ward's not letting anything in that he's getting any chance to see.

I certainly hope that Carolina can keep this ball rolling through Game Four, but at least I know the series will come back here for a Game Six if nothing else. I'd be rather surprised if it doesn't as I can't imagine Boston collapsing out in four straight and losing the last one on home ice at that.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:11 AM   #633
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Carolina's problem has not been talent, it's been inconsistency and sloppy play at times. When they focus and play hard, they are a very good team. But they lose focus too often. If they stay focused and Ward keeps playing well, they are capable of taking the Cup again. The biggest fear is that they continue to lose focus, like they did in both Game 1s these playoffs. The biggest hope is they keep recovering quickly in these series.
Old 05-07-2009, 11:00 AM   #634
bbor
Pro Starter

I must say i am simply amazed at what Carolina and Anahiem are doing to Boston and Detroit.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 12:26 PM   #635
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbor View Post
I must say i am simply amazed at what Carolina and Anahiem are doing to Boston and Detroit.

I haven't seen much of the Boston/Carolina series, but I'm not at all surprised about what Anahiem has done thus far. Not surprised in the least.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Old 05-07-2009, 03:41 PM   #636
Maple Leafs
Coordinator

So some loser on a Penguins message board makes a post in a game thread about "killing" Alex Ovechkin, and now it's a death threat with police involved? Really?
Old 05-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #637
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maple Leafs View Post
So some loser on a Penguins message board makes a post in a game thread about "killing" Alex Ovechkin, and now it's a death threat with police involved? Really?

Tell me it was HF Boards.
Old 05-07-2009, 03:47 PM   #638
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Oh wow. I googled this story. I believe this is the post that started the whole prosecution thing.

Death Threat Against Ovechkin on Pens Message Board - Washington Capitals Message Board
Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #639
gstelmack
Pro Starter

The link to the original post is gone...
Old 05-07-2009, 05:56 PM   #640
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I can't decide what is sadder.

Someone actually posting that on the Pens board.
Or the 7 pages of "what kind of idiot would sit in his parent's basement on da interwebz all day and post this on a message board!!??11" found on...why...is it...an internet message board.

You can't threaten our player, or we're gonna make fun of your city!!!!!

Also, I blame Crosby.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:57 PM   #641
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
The link to the original post is gone...

I found this link to a picture of it further down the page: http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/5669/...hthreatlol.jpg
Old 05-07-2009, 07:21 PM   #642
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post

Also, I blame Crosby.

I blame the refs.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:14 PM   #643
bbor
Pro Starter

Ryan Johnson is my playoff MVP.

Now that I've cracked and made that admission, I wonder if I'm only a couple of steps away from wanting to tongue-kiss Jaromir Jagr and give Bobby Clarke a blowjob.
bbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 PM   #644
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Sak View Post
I blame the refs.

And Bettman controls Crosby and the refs, so...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:25 PM   #645
Wolfpack
Pro Rookie

Two things I'm rather surprised haven't been mentioned at all yet in this thread or in its own thread:

1) Balsillie trying to end-around the NHL and Bettman again by trying to buy a suddenly Chapter 11-ed Phoenix Coyotes team (in painfully obvious collusion with Phoenix owner Jerry Moyes) and move them to Ontario

2) The outstanding Toronto Maple Leafs facebook page on Maple Leaf's blog. I was supposed to be doing work this morning, but I was still jacked up about Carolina's win last night, so I was looking at anything I could find, including the Puck Daddy blog over on Yahoo and found a link to DGB there. Spent a long 15 minutes trying not to die laughing.
Wolfpack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #646
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Havlat!

(Hawks tie it with about 2:30 to go in the 3rd)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 05-07-2009 at 09:26 PM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:27 PM   #647
Galaxy
Coordinator

Nice pass.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:34 PM   #648
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
2) The outstanding Toronto Maple Leafs facebook page on Maple Leaf's blog. I was supposed to be doing work this morning, but I was still jacked up about Carolina's win last night, so I was looking at anything I could find, including the Puck Daddy blog over on Yahoo and found a link to DGB there. Spent a long 15 minutes trying not to die laughing.

I enjoyed this very much as well.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:40 PM   #649
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Just read the Facebook post. This has officially become best blog ever.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:44 PM   #650
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfpack View Post
Two things I'm rather surprised haven't been mentioned at all yet in this thread or in its own thread:

1) Balsillie trying to end-around the NHL and Bettman again by trying to buy a suddenly Chapter 11-ed Phoenix Coyotes team (in painfully obvious collusion with Phoenix owner Jerry Moyes) and move them to Ontario

Agree on both these things. I sent the link to the facebook post on DGB to all my friends this afternoon. Definitely my favorite blog at the moment.

As for Balsillie, I hope he pulls it off.