Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 AM   #601
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Agree on the David H. thing, and with Kristy - not just the midriff, but I thought she purposely "shook it" a bit more during her performance. At least she was a good sport - the "where's my mic?" comment was pretty funny, considering AI trying to wring every last ounce of drama out of that bloated mess of a show that should last no longer than a state lottery drawing, and she effectively short-circuited it.

Definitely. That was funny and it wasn't just the midriff, but the whole vibe. She shook it more, and had a bit of sex appeal about her - just a vibe that hasn't been there the last few weeks.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:20 AM   #602
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I, um, noticed.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:21 AM   #603
Subby
lolzcat

ping: jim carrey

no
Superman was flying around and saw Wonder Woman getting a tan in the nude on her balcony. Superman said I going to hit that real fast. So he flys down toward Wonder Woman to hit it and their is a loud scream. The Invincible Man scream what just hit me in the ass!!!!!

I do shit, I take pictures, I write about it: chrisshue.com
Subby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:25 AM   #604
Ksyrup

Having not watched movies for so long and not paying attention to what people like him have been doing for the past 6-8 years or so, that was painful to watch. Also reminds me why I don't watch movies.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-13-2008, 07:28 AM   #605
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Most people, when told they would be on Idol in a Horton outfit acting the fool, would be like "get the fuck out of here".

Jim Carrey is a true professional.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:29 AM   #606
Ksyrup

Yes, he is.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:46 AM   #607
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
Jim Carrey is a true professional.
A professional what?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:47 AM   #608
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
A professional what?

Didn't you see the passion and dedication last night?
Old 03-13-2008, 07:49 AM   #609
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Didn't you see the passion and dedication last night?
Were those the two huge, gray protrusions on the sides of his head? Passion on his left, Dedication on his right? Yeah, Dedication almost blinded the woman sitting next to him.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 03-13-2008 at 07:49 AM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 08:13 AM   #610
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm guessing his line about needing a shovel wasn't part of the script. It was the only part of his appearance that I enjoyed.
Old 03-13-2008, 08:30 AM   #611
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
(blah, blah, blah)...melisma...(blah, blah, blah)

I just realized that I want to have sex with you.
Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 09:45 AM   #612
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Quote:
Saldana, your criticism of Brooke would be spot on if she was one of the other girls. But she's not - this is what she does and why I said she doesn't belong on the show. I completely disagree that her kind of performance is boring, since I quite enjoy it and absolutely detest the warbling/melisma of most AI contestants and pretty much anyone on the radio these days. But you're right that in the context of this competition, her vocal range and singing style are at odds with the others and what the judges are usually looking for.
Brook to normal female contestants is akin to a crooner to the normal men. She's kind of a folksy, 60s throwback, Peter-Paul-Mary type singer. She has limited scope in the songs she can sing, but she does that limited scope fairly well. I can't see her winning - only because someone like Cook, Carly or Johns could be packaged so much better for the younger crowd. Both her and David A should be part of a "adult contemporary idol", not really this show.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:54 AM   #613
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I just realized that I want to have sex with you.

Glad I struck a chord...? I guess...?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:26 AM   #614
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm guessing his line about needing a shovel wasn't part of the script. It was the only part of his appearance that I enjoyed.

I must have missed that. What did he say?
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 10:30 AM   #615
Ksyrup

I guess I missed part of the beginning when Ryan announced a second week of Beatles songs. Awesome! Here's hoping Amanda does Helter Skelter (seriously) and Brooke does Norwegian Wood, which could be terrific.

Also, I don't recall from previous seasons, but I don't think they used to let each of the 2/3 bottom people sing, did they? I thought it was just the 1 who lost, and it was at the end. I guess the crying caused them to change this, which means that instead of 1 bad performance, we get to see the 3 worst performances of the previous night. Gee, thanks!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:41 AM   #616
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
I must have missed that. What did he say?

Implying he was shoveling a lot of dung, he said, I need a shovel over here Ryan or something to that effect.

Quote:
Also, I don't recall from previous seasons, but I don't think they used to let each of the 2/3 bottom people sing, did they? I thought it was just the 1 who lost, and it was at the end. I guess the crying caused them to change this, which means that instead of 1 bad performance, we get to see the 3 worst performances of the previous night. Gee, thanks!

I'm fairly sure that they had the bottom 3 sing at least last year, too. It is one way to fill up the whole hour of the "results" show.
Old 03-13-2008, 10:45 AM   #617
Ksyrup

See, I told you I remember virtually nothing about this show!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:23 PM   #618
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
I'm fairly sure that they had the bottom 3 sing at least last year, too. It is one way to fill up the whole hour of the "results" show.

The strategy is very reminiscent of the post-commercial segment of Moment of Truth where the the previous five minutes of the show are replayed in their dire agony. I haven't watched the show much, but I seriously thought something was wrong with our cable last night after seeing how far back we were going in time.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:24 PM   #619
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Agree on the David H. thing, and with Kristy - not just the midriff, but I thought she purposely "shook it" a bit more during her performance. At least she was a good sport - the "where's my mic?" comment was pretty funny, considering AI trying to wring every last ounce of drama out of that bloated mess of a show that should last no longer than a state lottery drawing, and she effectively short-circuited it.

how about it...i tivo'd the whole thing and watched it in about 12 minutes...there was no way i was gonna sit there and watch those 3 sing again, the horrible ford commercial, the kat mcphee bit, and the ridiculous Horton plugs were about as entertaining as having a boil lanced.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #620
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
how about it...i tivo'd the whole thing and watched it in about 12 minutes...there was no way i was gonna sit there and watch those 3 sing again, the horrible ford commercial, the kat mcphee bit, and the ridiculous Horton plugs were about as entertaining as having a boil lanced.

I know. We would have, too, but we have guests staying with us this week, so we had to watch it in real time (not to mention, our DVR is in the bedroom). Otherwise, I would have caught up on other stuff we've DVR'd and watched this very qiuckly. Maybe that's why I forgot they did the same thing last year.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:31 PM   #621
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I know. We would have, too, but we have guests staying with us this week, so we had to watch it in real time (not to mention, our DVR is in the bedroom). Otherwise, I would have caught up on other stuff we've DVR'd and watched this very qiuckly. Maybe that's why I forgot they did the same thing last year.

If you did that, you would have missed Kristy's improved performance.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:32 PM   #622
Ksyrup

Oh no, I would have stopped for that. 12 minutes for Saldana, 14 minutes for Ksyrup!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-13-2008 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:33 PM   #623
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Oh no, I would have stopped for that. 12 minutes for Saldana, 14 minutes for Ksyrup!

we just figured out saldana isn't a lesbian!
Old 03-13-2008, 12:37 PM   #624
Drake
assmaster

Quote:

This show seems to make you very angry. I recommend a bubble bath.*

* Assuming, I mean, that you have a web cam in your bathroom. If not, I'll be right over to set one up.
Old 03-13-2008, 12:38 PM   #625
Ksyrup

Wait a minute...what about me? We haven't even consummated the deal yet before you're making a move on saldana?
Old 03-13-2008, 01:01 PM   #626
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:

Do you hide the DVR from your guests so they can't get the benefit? I don't understand.

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 01:06 PM   #627
Ksyrup

It's in the bedroom, and I'm not all that interested in having us all pile into our bed to watch TV. And the extra time it would have saved, I would have spent watching another DVR'd show (in the bedroom) that I doubt they'd want to watch anyway.
Old 03-13-2008, 01:29 PM   #628
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
It's in the bedroom, and I'm not all that interested in having us all pile into our bed to watch TV.

WWRD
Old 03-13-2008, 02:03 PM   #629
Drake
assmaster

Quote:
Wait a minute...what about me? We haven't even consummated the deal yet before you're making a move on saldana?

I love you for your mind. I love her because...well, she's a potentially naked chick.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:30 PM   #630
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
I love you for your mind. I love her because...well, she's a potentially naked chick.

this is the second time in 2 pages that i have had to fight the urge to post a picture of my cock...the first time would have been after bleaching the roots of my pubes for Pumpy....i swear it would be worth 2 weeks in the box...all you bastages would be scrolling along and then..BAM...a full screen JPG of my junk, complete with two-tone pubes...you all would never be the same again.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:32 PM   #631
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
this is the second time in 2 pages that i have had to fight the urge to post a picture of my cock...the first time would have been after bleaching the roots of my pubes for Pumpy....i swear it would be worth 2 weeks in the box...all you bastages would be scrolling along and then..BAM...a full screen JPG of my junk, complete with two-tone pubes...you all would never be the same again.

there's no guarantee it's actually your cock. could belong to one of your conquests.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:33 PM   #632
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
there's no guarantee it's actually your cock. could belong to one of your conquests.
Like Lita Ford?
Old 03-13-2008, 02:38 PM   #633
Ksyrup

Quote:
BAM...a full screen JPG of my junk, complete with two-tone pubes.

Close enough?

Old 03-13-2008, 02:42 PM   #634
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

You know what? I imagine if Roseanne lost a lot of weight, she'd look just like Amanda. Gah.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:45 PM   #635
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
It's in the bedroom, and I'm not all that interested in having us all pile into our bed to watch TV. And the extra time it would have saved, I would have spent watching another DVR'd show (in the bedroom) that I doubt they'd want to watch anyway.

...You have the DVR in your bedroom and none in your living room? That just makes no sense to me.

Old 03-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #636
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

It's about time the results show brings in Shatner for a rousing, "Let's rumba!"
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 02:51 PM   #637
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
It's about time the results show brings in Shatner for a rousing, "Let's rumba!"
I would masturbate to that.
Old 03-13-2008, 02:56 PM   #638
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordscarlet View Post
...You have the DVR in your bedroom and none in your living room? That just makes no sense to me.

Well, here's the deal - we have our 50" HD TV out in the living room, but rarely use it. Or, I should say, I rarely use it. The kids and wife watch TV all day out there, but the wife and I retire to the bedroom immediately after the kids go to sleep, so that's where the majority of TV watching happens. And that's where the DVR is. We only have one, and I don't want to spend the money to get an HD DVR, because I don't care THAT much about HD. Not to mention, I can only get 2 network channels in HD anyway.

It was poorly thought out by me. We spent too much money on the HD TV for it to sit unused every night. But the kids' bedrooms are upstairs and their hallway overlooks the open space above our living room, so we have to be really quiet if we want to watch TV out there. And we both still enjoy being in bed with each other, and that ups the chances of...

you know...

her falling asleep and me getting the TV all to myself!
Old 03-13-2008, 03:38 PM   #639
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, here's the deal - we have our 50" HD TV out in the living room, but rarely use it. Or, I should say, I rarely use it. The kids and wife watch TV all day out there, but the wife and I retire to the bedroom immediately after the kids go to sleep, so that's where the majority of TV watching happens. And that's where the DVR is. We only have one, and I don't want to spend the money to get an HD DVR, because I don't care THAT much about HD. Not to mention, I can only get 2 network channels in HD anyway.

It was poorly thought out by me. We spent too much money on the HD TV for it to sit unused every night. But the kids' bedrooms are upstairs and their hallway overlooks the open space above our living room, so we have to be really quiet if we want to watch TV out there. And we both still enjoy being in bed with each other, and that ups the chances of...

you know...

her falling asleep and me getting the TV all to myself!

Poorly thought out plan, as you said, but I will accept your explanation.

Personally, we only have one TV in the house. Of course, we have a 1 BR condo and no kids.

Old 03-13-2008, 03:42 PM   #640
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajaxab View Post
It's about time the results show brings in Kelly Pickler and Kat McPhee for some naked girl-on-girl
Amen to that!
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM   #641
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I would masturbate to that.

But would you be crying?
Old 03-13-2008, 04:37 PM   #642
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
But would you be crying?
Yeah. As usual.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:47 PM   #643
Ksyrup

Amazing:

Jason Castro’s performance of Leonard Cohen’s “Hallelujah” Top 16 week, has rocketed Jeff Buckley’s version of the the song to the top of the Hot Digital Songs chart. The song sold a whopping 177,824 downloads this week for a total of 565,773. 31% of Jeff Buckley’s “Hallelujah” downloads that ever sold were sold in the past week.

You gotta wonder if, at some point, the song selection becomes the equivalent of "pay-for-play radio" - the mentor thing obviously had its drawbacks, but if just having someone perform a song can possibly do this (just ask Bon Jovi), I'm wondering if the list of 50 songs they get to choose from will end up chosen this way (or perhaps already is...hmmmm?).
Old 03-17-2008, 01:48 PM   #644
rkmsuf
Head Coach

not if they suck. which they mostly all do.
Old 03-17-2008, 01:53 PM   #645
Ksyrup

"Idol" fans sing a loud "Hallelujah"

Fri Mar 14, 2008 7:45pm EDT
By Geoff Mayfield

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - A cover of a song written by a composer who's now 73 and performed by a singer who died more than 10 years ago may not sound like the ingredients of a top-selling download. But when the straw that stirs is "American Idol," throw out the recipes.

Contestant Jason Castro delivered "Hallelujah" on the top-rated Fox juggernaut -- not a version reminiscent of the original take by its author, new Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee Leonard Cohen, but one that paid homage to second-generation musician Jeff Buckley, who drowned in 1997.

Castro's performance obviously struck a chord with viewers, as Buckley's version tops Hot Digital Songs with 178,000 downloads sold, the largest song spike yet from an "American Idol" performance.

"Idol" has created ripples on the Top Pop Catalog Albums chart since the show's early days and on Hot Digital Songs since that list was launched, but this is by far the biggest impact that an oldie download has derived from the talent contest.

The week after a themed episode of the show in 2007, five Bon Jovi songs charted, including the band's then-new "(You Want To) Make a Memory," which drew 51,000 during the week. Of the four Bon Jovi oldies to make that week's chart, the biggest performer was "Wanted Dead or Alive," which scored 39,000 downloads to rank at No. 20. Until Castro's performance of "Hallelujah," that had been the biggest digital week for an "Idol"-juiced oldie.

Combined sales of all five charting Bon Jovi songs that particular week fell more than 4,000 downloads shy of what Buckley's "Hallelujah" achieves by itself this week. All this for a song that never appeared on any Billboard chart when Buckley was alive. The song, previously used on TV drama "The OC," placed one week in May 2004, at No. 42 on Hot Digital Tracks.

The album that hosted the track, "Grace," also gets a lift this week, bowing on the Top Pop Catalog list at No. 10, selling almost 7,000 copies, more than 13 times its prior-week sales. All but 38 percent of the album's sales come from digital downloads.

Despite press speculation earlier this year that this might be the season Fox's hit franchise starts to fade, the show has bounced back from an opening-week ratings dip. It remains the only current show to draw the kinds of numbers that hit TV shows drew in the '70s, back when many viewers had only three to five channels to choose from.

Still, the music industry can't expect this sort of sales reaction in every subsequent week. Castro obviously touched viewers, as he did "Idol" judge Simon Cowell.
Less clear is the matter of how many downloads Castro's own version of "Hallelujah" sold. Contestant downloads sold via Apple's iTunes Music Store do not appear on Nielsen SoundScan, a stipulation imposed by the show's producers.

Reuters/Billboard
Old 03-17-2008, 01:57 PM   #646
Ksyrup

Kinda funny that starting last week, studio versions of the songs were made available for purchase instead of the show performances. Guess the original performances were a bit too spotty?
Old 03-17-2008, 01:59 PM   #647
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I know that I heard a lot more KT Tunstall after Kat McPhee had the memorable performance of "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree." I've also heard a lot more of Finger Eleven's "Paralyzer" for a few weeks after it was done badly in the auditions. I'm sure that influence plays some part in the song selection.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:00 PM   #648
Ksyrup

Yeah, that Black Horse song had some immediate feedback. I had never heard the song, then all of a sudden I couldn't go anywhere without hearing it.
Old 03-17-2008, 02:19 PM   #649
wade moore
lolzcat

I was one of the 170k+ schlubs that went and bought this off of iTunes (the Buckley version).

Quote:
Kinda funny that starting last week, studio versions of the songs were made available for purchase instead of the show performances. Guess the original performances were a bit too spotty?

Interesting. This actually could push me towards buying a song, although it would be unfortunately if a really solid live performance gets re-recorded.

Quote:
I know that I heard a lot more KT Tunstall after Kat McPhee had the memorable performance of "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree." I've also heard a lot more of Finger Eleven's "Paralyzer" for a few weeks after it was done badly in the auditions. I'm sure that influence plays some part in the song selection.

I was going to ask the same question. I thought she was a complete unknown before Kat McPhee did that song and then I just heard it everywhere. Again, I bought this song as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 01:34 PM   #650
Ksyrup

Oh boy, Pickles is singing tomorrow!

Also, Clark Brothers are going to perform on the Idol Gives Back program, which is cool. Now the other 99.999% of Idol watchers can see what they missed. And apparently one of them will be performing during someone's performance this week.