Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-14-2016, 01:42 AM   #601
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Yeah, I was in the building during the We Believe run in 2007 and have been to several games since. It's just phenomenal how well the crowd fills that arena and brings the noise. It makes me sad that Oakland is going to lose the team in a few years - while they definitely need a new stadium (Oracle is kind of a dump), they are really going to miss the atmosphere.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:29 AM   #602
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
Yeah, I was in the building during the We Believe run in 2007 and have been to several games since. It's just phenomenal how well the crowd fills that arena and brings the noise. It makes me sad that Oakland is going to lose the team in a few years - while they definitely need a new stadium (Oracle is kind of a dump), they are really going to miss the atmosphere.

Smaller stadiums are great. The old Chicago Stadium was a dump at the end but that place had an amazing atmosphere. The giant United Center just doesn't have it.
RainMaker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 07:32 AM   #603
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I think that was the best game I've ever seen Lebron play. I'm factoring in the stage too. Was the best player on the court for 3 quarters and was amazing defensively.

Still think the Warriors win this series in the end. Maybe it goes 7 but I can't see Cleveland shooting this well from outside for the next 2 games.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:08 AM   #604
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

LeBron was amazing. Credit his teammates as well - they were tremendous setting screens to get him free of Iguodala, and no one else on the team can guard James - except for Draymond. Barnes comes the closest, but he was busy playing the 5 and being terrible on offense.

I think a huge part of the game yesterday was Andrew Bogut being a complete waste of space and taking some absolutely terrible fouls. If he stays home and defends the rim, that's a very different game.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:10 AM   #605
CU Tiger
Grizzled Veteran

Is Bogut out?
If so how does that impact Game 6?

Im too casual a basketball fan to understand the intricacy he brings.
CU Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 08:24 AM   #606
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I can't fathom he will play. Knee injury looked bad and best case scenario looks to be a sprin that would keep him out a few weeks.

It shouldn't impact it too much. I mean it hurts but the Warriors are at their best with Draymond at Center.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:47 AM   #607
Alf
Pro Starter

Although I don't like LeBron James, I must say he reacted like a class act champion in that game. Being booed every time he touched the ball, he repsonded by being Very efficient on the scoring side of the game.

Congrats to him.

That finally was a game !
Old 06-14-2016, 08:58 AM   #608
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

Watch Ronnie 2K 2K15's Vine "When he says his girlfriend coming over but he knows she ugly..."

Odds on someone getting shipped out of Cleveland next year?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:50 AM   #609
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
Is Bogut out?
If so how does that impact Game 6?

Im too casual a basketball fan to understand the intricacy he brings.

He gets an MRI today and is probably out. As has been said, it hurts the Warriors but losing Bogut and getting Green back is a net positive.

In general, Bogut is really, really good at defense. Most people have gotten to the point of understanding that getting a lot of steals per game doesn't necessarily equate to good defense because a player who just gambles for steals all game long takes himself out of a lot of plays when he misses. Same thing happens for blocks, and Bogut is able to strike the balance of contesting a lot of shots while still being able to actually block a few to such an extent that his defensive impact is on par with, and probably slightly better than, what you see from players like Hassan Whiteside and DeAndre Jordan. Like most big guys in that mold, his impact is marginalized a bit when the other team plays very small, quick lineups.

In terms of ball movement, Bogut is one of the very best at the center position. Not just the passes that get assists but quickly and consistently getting the ball to the right guy. With Green, Iguodala, Bogut, and Livingston the Warriors have a bunch of guys who are among the decision-makers in the league.

Last edited by nol : 06-14-2016 at 11:03 AM.
nol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 10:32 AM   #610
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

Yup, Bogut is a big loss for the Warriors. He knows his role and plays it well. He is in there to rebound, play defense, and set up the better offensive players. Still think its very likely this series ends with the next game. Warriors are just a much better team and have more ways to win games. Cavs are just basically at the mercy of Golden State missing open shots.

Is Kyrie Irving spoiling the Cleveland Cavaliers and LeBron James' title chances? - NBA

Quote:
It has been said that defense wins championships, and Irving is one of the worst defenders of his generation. If the Cavs want to give themselves the best chance of winning titles, now and in the future, they need to find a way to get him to play D -- or if he can't, trade him.

Last edited by jbergey22 : 06-14-2016 at 10:36 AM.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2016, 05:36 PM   #611
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon_Chaos View Post

I don't get what this is even supposed to signify. Love was demonstrating how he contested a particular shot and then LeBron discussed things with him. People get in heated discussions all the time in NBA games. If Kevin Love is traded, it's because some other team thinks he's as good as he was in Minnesota and offers Cleveland some players who will help them match up better with Golden State.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:50 PM   #612
Groundhog
Coordinator

Bogut has been playing well this series, and I think the biggest thing it will do for Cleveland is help convince Lue to bench Love in favour of Jefferson (if his performance last game wasn't enough already).
Old 06-14-2016, 09:29 PM   #613
nol
Banned

It looks like Love will be starting Game 6. Pretty jarring to look to even the beginning of this season when 'Draymond Green or Kevin Love' was a debate when now the mere presence Green in the starting lineup makes 'Kevin Love or Richard Jefferson' a legitimate conundrum for the Cavaliers. Which one of those guys was the system player again?
Old 06-14-2016, 10:21 PM   #614
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

It blows my mind that Lue is even considering starting Love.
Old 06-14-2016, 11:16 PM   #615
Groundhog
Coordinator

I'd be leaning a lot closer to a DNP-CD than a GS.
Old 06-15-2016, 05:36 AM   #616
Alf
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
It blows my mind that Lue is even considering starting Love.
Managing ego.
Old 06-15-2016, 08:38 AM   #617
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

When you are one loss away from elimination in the championship?

I mean, that does have to be the only reason, but...wow.
Old 06-15-2016, 09:31 AM   #618
Logan
Head Coach

This is awesome. Props to ESPN and Turner for getting this to happen.

Turner’s Craig Sager to Join ESPN’s NBA Finals Game 6 Broadcast Team as Sideline Reporter - ESPN MediaZone
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:12 AM   #619
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Is it really that bad of an idea with Bogut now out for the series. I think Love would spread the court more than RJ to allow Irving and James more space inside.
murrayyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 11:33 AM   #620
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
Originally Posted by murrayyyyy View Post
Is it really that bad of an idea with Bogut now out for the series. I think Love would spread the court more than RJ to allow Irving and James more space inside.

Offensively sure - defensively he's a huge liability with nowhere to hide him. How is he going to guard Iggy, Barnes or Green?
Old 06-15-2016, 12:33 PM   #621
nol
Banned

Yeah, and it's not like Jefferson can't shoot threes. Without Bogut it would be even smarter to bring Love off the bench in the event that he forces Golden State to play Green too many minutes in a row.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:51 PM   #622
wustin
College Prospect

I'm sure Green is willing to play beyond 48 minutes tomorrow after what's happened to him and his team. I know Kerr is very frugal with his players' minutes but it wouldn't be surprising if Green played over 40 minutes.
wustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 12:54 PM   #623
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Offensively sure - defensively he's a huge liability with nowhere to hide him. How is he going to guard Iggy, Barnes or Green?

But it's the same reasoning with Iggy. Just because Love starts, it doesn't mean he will get the most minutes. Iggy has played more minutes than Klay and is tied with Curry in minutes played.

As for guarding Barnes, it's not like Barnes has been torching them shooting 41% in the finals. Green is shooting the same but I'd be more worried about him breaking out compared to Barnes.
Old 06-15-2016, 12:59 PM   #624
nol
Banned

It means he'll get the most minutes against the Warriors' starters, whom he can't guard very well.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:01 PM   #625
wustin
College Prospect

Bigger disappointment: Pats going 18-1 or this Warriors team if they lose the finals after leading 3-1?

Last edited by wustin : 06-15-2016 at 01:01 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #626
nol
Banned

If the Warriors lose the finals, it'll be because LeBron had 2 more games like the last one, in which case the Warriors would have just lost to an all-time great performance.
Old 06-15-2016, 01:06 PM   #627
Gary Gorski
Wolverine Studios

Quote:
But it's the same reasoning with Iggy. Just because Love starts, it doesn't mean he will get the most minutes. Iggy has played more minutes than Klay and is tied with Curry in minutes played.

As for guarding Barnes, it's not like Barnes has been torching them shooting 41% in the finals. Green is shooting the same but I'd be more worried about him breaking out compared to Barnes.

Love and Iggy couldn't be more different in what they're doing right now so I'm not sure what you're considering as the same other than suggesting that Love may get the Bogut approach where he starts and barely plays.

It's not about shooting % in terms of guarding someone. All of those guys are so much quicker than he is and he's been a pretty poor defender based on effort alone so they're going to target him on screens and switches.

I'm not in the Kevin Love sucks camp but its become increasingly clear that he wants to be the focus of attention or he doesn't play hard. At this point, with how Lue has deployed him and the effort he's going to give because of it, he really serves little purpose on the floor. There's no point in managing his ego because they almost have to trade him now and he's not giving you much anyways. This isn't like managing LeBron's ego so that he can perform at a hall of fame level - they're one game away from the season being over and two away from being champs - you tell Love to go sell popcorn if that's how you win these next two. I'm sure he will be much better on his next team but for right now, if there's even a discussion that RJ brings more to the table then you know he hasn't done squat.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:06 PM   #628
murrayyyyy
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Gorski View Post
Love and Iggy couldn't be more different in what they're doing right now so I'm not sure what you're considering as the same other than suggesting that Love may get the Bogut approach where he starts and barely plays.

It's not about shooting % in terms of guarding someone. All of those guys are so much quicker than he is and he's been a pretty poor defender based on effort alone so they're going to target him on screens and switches.

I'm not in the Kevin Love sucks camp but its become increasingly clear that he wants to be the focus of attention or he doesn't play hard. At this point, with how Lue has deployed him and the effort he's going to give because of it, he really serves little purpose on the floor. There's no point in managing his ego because they almost have to trade him now and he's not giving you much anyways. This isn't like managing LeBron's ego so that he can perform at a hall of fame level - they're one game away from the season being over and two away from being champs - you tell Love to go sell popcorn if that's how you win these next two. I'm sure he will be much better on his next team but for right now, if there's even a discussion that RJ brings more to the table then you know he hasn't done squat.

I was speaking more along the lines of playing time with Love. Everyone acts like Love starting guarantees 37 mins and knocks RJ down to 10 mins. Iggy doesn't start and still gets his minutes.

I mean the Cavs are clearly playing as a two man team but is Love's defense any worse than Smith or Shumpert this series? Shumpert seems more worried about having his man-bun look perfect on his head and JR only gets lost way too often trying to guard other guards.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:08 PM   #629
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wustin View Post
Bigger disappointment: Pats going 18-1 or this Warriors team if they lose the finals after leading 3-1?

Pats because (1) it ruined a perfect season (not just a best-ever season) and (2) losing to LeBron (a top-ten player ever) isn't like losing to the Giants (a got-hot at the right time team).
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2016, 02:11 PM   #630
nol
Banned

Quote:
Iggy doesn't start and still gets his minutes.

Iguodala started last game and will start this game.

Quote:
Everyone acts like Love starting guarantees 37 mins and knocks RJ down to 10 mins.

No, it's that Kevin Love gets exploited defensively by the Warriors' starters so regardless of how many minutes he plays, fewer of them should come against those players.

Quote:
I mean the Cavs are clearly playing as a two man team but is Love's defense any worse than Smith or Shumpert this series?

Yes.

Last edited by nol : 06-15-2016 at 02:35 PM.
Old 06-15-2016, 02:16 PM   #631
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
Pats because (1) it ruined a perfect season (not just a best-ever season) and (2) losing to LeBron (a top-ten player ever) isn't like losing to the Giants (a got-hot at the right time team).

I agree with both of these sentiments

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:24 PM   #632
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

This game is over 6 minutes in. Hope game 7 is better.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 08:36 PM   #633
wustin
College Prospect

take ezeli out of the game. That dudes body is made for basketball but his head and hands arent. Shouldve just been a lawyer.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2016, 08:44 PM   #634
nol
Banned

Kevin Love continues to prove how selfless he is this series by getting 2 quick fouls and forcing Ty Lue to take him out early on.
Old 06-16-2016, 08:45 PM   #635
Groundhog
Coordinator

Yep, nice protest fouls from Love. #freejefferson
Old 06-16-2016, 10:05 PM   #636
Groundhog
Coordinator

Klay making his case for MVP if Warriors win this game/series. I told a buddy to put bets on LeBron and Klay for MVPs because they were decent odds at the time - I think $4 for LeBron, and $12 for Klay. I wish I'd taken my own advice.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:20 PM   #637
wustin
College Prospect

Lmao curry got tackled shooting that 3

Old 06-16-2016, 10:23 PM   #638
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think they just showed why that was a good no-call.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #639
Groundhog
Coordinator

Klay has gotta be the scariest scorer in the league - more so than Curry. When he's on, he is absolutely unconscious.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:27 PM   #640
Groundhog
Coordinator

I think Warriors need to quit switching on screens, LeBron is putting Curry in a tough spot right now... and then that block!
Old 06-16-2016, 10:28 PM   #641
wustin
College Prospect

Nvm curry pulled a Reggie miller.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:30 PM   #642
mckerney
Coordinator

mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #643
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Curry ejected from game 6 after picking up his six foul and throwing and accidentally hitting a fan with his mouth piece.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:39 PM   #644
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
(2) losing to LeBron (a top-ten player ever) isn't like losing to the Giants (a got-hot at the right time team).

Top ten? Once you put him above Magic and Bird (who have already played fewer seasons and minutes than him and were never even close to what he's able to do on the defensive end when dialed in), how many more players are left besides Jordan?
Old 06-16-2016, 10:48 PM   #645
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nol View Post
Top ten? Once you put him above Magic and Bird (who have already played fewer seasons and minutes than him and were never even close to what he's able to do on the defensive end when dialed in), how many more players are left besides Jordan?

Kareem
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:49 PM   #646
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Curry ejected from game 6 after picking up his six foul and throwing and accidentally hitting a fan with his mouth piece.

I'm kinda worry about that, to be honest. This is probably the type of thing Curry needed to light a fire under him - similar to what the Draymond incident seems to have done to LeBron.
Old 06-16-2016, 10:53 PM   #647
Groundhog
Coordinator

Curry: 1 assist, 4 turnovers....
Old 06-16-2016, 10:55 PM   #648
wustin
College Prospect

Disappointing 7 game series for me. With all the media play and conspiracies..the games have not been close.

This game probably wouldve been closer had Harrison Barnes made even a third of his missed open so shots in the 1st half.

James should lob to Thompson more. Draymond is 6'6 at best and Bogut is out.

Old 06-16-2016, 10:56 PM   #649
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog View Post
I'm kinda worry about that, to be honest. This is probably the type of thing Curry needed to light a fire under him - similar to what the Draymond incident seems to have done to LeBron.

But pissed off Lebron is better than pissed off Curry every day and twice on Sunday, June 19th.

This is dangerous territory for the Warriors. They escaped OKC, who couldnt close, and now they are in danger of doing the same thing. Lebron really has, in my opinion, nothing to lose here. If he loses Sunday, then he just loses yet another opportunity at a ring. If he wins, then he bitchslapped that moutpiece out of Curry's mouth and helps shut up his critics a bit more.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2016, 10:59 PM   #650
nol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Kareem

That'd be more tied to his career at UCLA and his longevity. Kareem is certainly underrated relative to the great big guys of all time but at LeBron's age he had one title (which he won with Oscar freaking Robertson), so one could only imagine what the typical modern sports fan would have thought about him between that and the whole converting to Islam thing.