Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-26-2012, 10:45 PM   #601
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
I see not only do the Rams have three second rounders but they are in the first 13 picks. It should be a nice shot in the arm for talent for them. WRs are good 2nd round values.

Who were the two jokers they drafted last year?

IMPACT FUCKING PLAYERS!

Fuck, they could have picked Floyd, Clayborne, to mention a couple at #6. Who is this guy they draft at #14?

Anyone have a case of beer I can have?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #602
RedKingGold
College Starter

Gotta love draft threads, everyone's either super-stoked or super-disappointed. Wonder what people posted about their 2009 draft back in the day . . .

(scurries to find thread).
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:52 PM   #603
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think the Giants reached a bit with Wilson, but it was a need and I trust their brass so I am cool with the pick. Would have been much happier had they taken Chris Polk in a later round.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:07 PM   #604
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Pretty happy with who could still be available with the Colts 2.02 pick:

OL: Cordy Glenn and Jonathan Martin (though he's been criticized by some)
DL: Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, and Kendall Reyes
WR: Stephen Hill and arguably Rueben Randle (not really sold on him being anything great)
TE: Coby Fleener

I hope the Colts take the BPA on their board and not trade down for something like an extra 4th rounder. Those guys don't pan out most of the time. Might as well take the player we like the most.
Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:11 PM   #605
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Cautiously optimistic about Nick Perry to GB. A 270 pound pass rusher who can play in space and run a 4.5 sounds like a nice fit. I remember him destroying Arizona as well.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:21 PM   #606
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Who were the two jokers they drafted last year?

IMPACT FUCKING PLAYERS!

Fuck, they could have picked Floyd, Clayborne, to mention a couple at #6. Who is this guy they draft at #14?

Anyone have a case of beer I can have?

Actually, their first pick looks better at this point. They got a DT, which wasn't their biggest need, but was a need. Hopefully, they take a WR or two in the 2nd since there are some good values there.

The problem as I see it is that the drop off from Floyd to the next WR is much bigger and more pronounced. I can cover up a deficiency at DT. You can't at WR.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:24 PM   #607
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Actually, their first pick looks better at this point. They got a DT, which wasn't their biggest need, but was a need. Hopefully, they take a WR or two in the 2nd since there are some good values there.

The problem as I see it is that the drop off from Floyd to the next WR is much bigger and more pronounced. I can cover up a deficiency at DT. You can't at WR.

I meant they didn't draft shit last season, never pass up an opportunity to draft an IMPACT player. If it wasn't Blackmon, then they had to draft Floyd. Hell, I would have been fine with Claiborne.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #608
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles View Post
Cautiously optimistic about Nick Perry to GB. A 270 pound pass rusher who can play in space and run a 4.5 sounds like a nice fit. I remember him destroying Arizona as well.

I think he's a guy who if he goes to a veteran, well coached team he could be a beast. Learning from Matthews will help as well. His upside is huge but it might take him a while to learn to play at a consistent level. Hopefully with the Packers he won't have to do everything from day 1.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:29 PM   #609
Danny
Head Coach

I dont think Blackmon will be anything special, so have no issue with St. Louis trading down. Its unfortunate Floyd went before them, but Brockers is a good prospect and they have an extra 2nd rounder now.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:31 PM   #610
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

I fell asleep around 730 edt, and just found out I woke up in an alternate universe. The pats traded up TWICE to get good defensive players?
Old 04-26-2012, 11:45 PM   #611
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbergey22 View Post
Didnt even notice that the Vikings traded up for no reason again this year to draft a player that they would have likely not only been able to get with their original 2nd round pick but he may have been there in the 3rd round. This trend happens every year and it started with the package to move up to draft Tavarius Jackson when many expected him a 4th-5th round QB.

Kind of funny to see all of the talented players drafted around Harrison Smith and still on the board yet we land a top notch special teamer late in the first. Well done Speilman.

Maybe the legislature can include a requirement to fire Spielman in the stadium bill. :/
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:47 PM   #612
Warhammer
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
I meant they didn't draft shit last season, never pass up an opportunity to draft an IMPACT player. If it wasn't Blackmon, then they had to draft Floyd. Hell, I would have been fine with Claiborne.

Quinn was a good pick. They've got young bookends for the DL. The rest of the draft last year looked good and wound up being poor.

This year, Bookings is solid, but I agree, their #1 priority was WR. Still, look at the WRs last year, Little or Small could be had in the 2nd, and would have been great in a Rams uniform last year.
Warhammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:58 PM   #613
Danny
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhammer View Post
Quinn was a good pick. They've got young bookends for the DL. The rest of the draft last year looked good and wound up being poor.

This year, Bookings is solid, but I agree, their #1 priority was WR. Still, look at the WRs last year, Little or Small could be had in the 2nd, and would have been great in a Rams uniform last year.

And neither Blackmon or Floyd are as good of a prospect as Green or Jones from last year. Blackmon went higher cause he was the generally considered the top WR on the board, he was a mid to late teens draft choice in last years draft probably.
Old 04-27-2012, 12:26 AM   #614
Julio Riddols
College Prospect

The more I read about Zeitler, the stupider I feel about getting all wound up over Cinci passing on DeCastro. Zeitler sounds like he belongs among the best, with a blocking efficiency rating comparable to a Boselli/Ogden/Larry Allen, he might be the best OL in this draft if he continues on that path. Have no idea why people weren't talking more about this guy.

FUCK EA
Julio Riddols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 12:29 AM   #615
Danny
Head Coach

It was funny seeing everybody getting up in arms about a guard, which is just about the easiest position to fill in the draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 AM   #616
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
I fell asleep around 730 edt, and just found out I woke up in an alternate universe. The pats traded up TWICE to get good defensive players?

Under the new CBA, first-round picks are no longer huge financial risks. The Pats are all about value. Jones will have an immediate impact on their pass rush and Hightower will be a tackling machine. I'm sure there's lots of screaming about the secondary, though.

I was glad to see the Lions get a big tackle, but I thought they wanted to be a little more balanced with the run, and Reiff is ideally an RT and better with the passing game.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:19 AM   #617
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio Riddols View Post
The more I read about Zeitler, the stupider I feel about getting all wound up over Cinci passing on DeCastro. Zeitler sounds like he belongs among the best, with a blocking efficiency rating comparable to a Boselli/Ogden/Larry Allen, he might be the best OL in this draft if he continues on that path. Have no idea why people weren't talking more about this guy.

I don't have any data to back this up, but my mind tells me that Wisconsin OL are always decent in the NFL.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:30 AM   #618
spleen1015
Coordinator

I really hope that the Colts pass of Fleener and take Upshaw if he is there.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:38 AM   #619
Thomkal
Head Coach

Colt McCoy era in Cleveland officially over. Was just watching Mike and Mike on ESPN and the Cleveland GM has said they will be looking to trade McCoy during the draft. And according to Adam Schefter, they told McCoy yesterday they would not draft a QB in the first round.

I think this is all going to blow up in Cleveland's face and they probably will be looking for a new QB in the next year or two.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:43 AM   #620
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I barely saw any of Colt McCoy last year, aside from that one game against the Steelers, I think, and protection issues aside, the guy couldn't make an accurate throw on a simple route. He has no long-term ability at the position. I couldn't understand all the back-and-forth over whether he was worth keeping.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-27-2012 at 06:44 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:29 AM   #621
weegeebored
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
Shea McClellin.

Shea. Fucking. McClellin.

Sigh.
I hate tweener players. 20.5 sacks in four years. At Boise St. Wow. Impact player here.
weegeebored is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:32 AM   #622
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Speaking of, planning on DVRing the draft and seeing how quickly I can get through it once its over. I'll be at a hockey game so in all likelihood I won't even be following any picks. Wondering if I can knock it out in a half hour of real time.

Ended up taking me 40 minutes. If the NFL is going to kill this experience for me personally, I'll do the same thing every year. Next year I'll shave off some precious minutes by not stopping to hear about trades or hearing the reaction to guys I know a lot about already.

I feel like Kramer learning to take a shower.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:52 AM   #623
SteveMax58
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think the Giants reached a bit with Wilson, but it was a need and I trust their brass so I am cool with the pick. Would have been much happier had they taken Chris Polk in a later round.

Yeah, thats pretty much my reaction as well. I dont know a lot about him but felt like they wanted to go RB. They definitely need to address the position so maybe its just best value at a key need position. We know Bradshaw tends to miss a few games every season so I guess I'll trust their talent evaluators given their record.

Seems like they havent really addressed Oline much in the 1st/2nd rds of the past number of drafts. Might be time to look there in the 2nd and I feel like I say this every year...but we need LBs. And good ones at that.
SteveMax58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:14 AM   #624
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Ended up taking me 40 minutes. If the NFL is going to kill this experience for me personally, I'll do the same thing every year. Next year I'll shave off some precious minutes by not stopping to hear about trades or hearing the reaction to guys I know a lot about already.

I feel like Kramer learning to take a shower.
I don't understand what you want? What is the big hatred about? What is the point of DVRing and then fast-forwarding, why not just load up the picks and look to see who was picked?

If you want to watch the draft, what you want is to listen to analysis, guesses, etc. I don't really understand what is being "killed" here? Or were you one of those upset about it being Thursday night now that used to get together with people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #625
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Colt McCoy era in Cleveland officially over. Was just watching Mike and Mike on ESPN and the Cleveland GM has said they will be looking to trade McCoy during the draft. And according to Adam Schefter, they told McCoy yesterday they would not draft a QB in the first round.

I think this is all going to blow up in Cleveland's face and they probably will be looking for a new QB in the next year or two.

This is what makes me sad about seeing Trent go there. The organization is simply too inept to build around him to where he'll be productive as he can be. Until Cleveland can build a vertical game, teams can simply load up on the run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I barely saw any of Colt McCoy last year, aside from that one game against the Steelers, I think, and protection issues aside, the guy couldn't make an accurate throw on a simple route. He has no long-term ability at the position. I couldn't understand all the back-and-forth over whether he was worth keeping.

What I don't get is when QBs have such a dramatic drop off in terms of being able to throw compared to their college days. Yeah, I get defenses are faster and that, but it seems like we hear "He can make all of the throws" turns into "He can't throw beyond 5 yards" once they hit the NFL more often than what it seems like we should. But again, in this case we are also talking about Cleveland's inept front office and their inability to build much of anything thing let alone an offense.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:18 AM   #626
Ksyrup

Yeah, I don't get that either. To me DVRing the draft is the equivalent to pulling up a website and seeing who was drafted. You could have saved yourself another 35 minutes. The whole point is the experience and the down time in between of hearing who's being looked at, how the team is reacting to the players on the board, whether they are looking to trade, etc. The player interviews are my least favorite part, but that's just natural downtime filler. I didn't watch a lot of the draft last night, but it seemed to move fairly quickly, I thought.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 04-27-2012, 08:27 AM   #627
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

didn't watch it last year. didn't watch it this year (hooray for self discipline!)

talent in this draft stinks. pitt landing decastro was good. pats seemed to do well. everything else... fartnoise

cowboys are dumb. browns are dumb. philly taking another pedestrian dlinemen in the 1st.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #628
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

dolphins: 'we won't be pressured into taking a 2nd round qb in the first!'

takes gabbert 2.0 8th
Old 04-27-2012, 08:37 AM   #629
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'll be interested to see what the Steelers do in the next few rounds.

Some of their fan sites had been touting the approach that we should go for a half-ton of talent in the first three rounds. DeCastro fits the bill, so far. I'd really like to see us get a NT by the end of today, but if an OT like Jonathan Martin or Mike Adams (or if Cordy Glenn somehow continues to slide) falls to us, it would be hard to pass up. Ben really took a beating last season and firming up the OL is a smart investment.

If NT Alameda Ta'amu of Washington (how did he not end up going to Texas A&M w/ a name like that?) is available, he would also be tough to pass up. Alabama NT Josh Chapman looks like he would be a good fit in round 3 or 4 -- reminds me a bit of Joel Steed.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 08:49 AM   #630
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore View Post
I don't understand what you want? What is the big hatred about? What is the point of DVRing and then fast-forwarding, why not just load up the picks and look to see who was picked?

If you want to watch the draft, what you want is to listen to analysis, guesses, etc. I don't really understand what is being "killed" here? Or were you one of those upset about it being Thursday night now that used to get together with people?

Wow, that's a lot of questions.

The bold is my answer. I wouldn't say I was upset, but the experience for me is entirely different on a Thursday night vs a Saturday afternoon. In this particular case, I wasn't even around to watch the draft live and I'm certainly not going to slow-watch it starting at 11pm on a weeknight.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't get that either. To me DVRing the draft is the equivalent to pulling up a website and seeing who was drafted. You could have saved yourself another 35 minutes. The whole point is the experience and the down time in between of hearing who's being looked at, how the team is reacting to the players on the board, whether they are looking to trade, etc. The player interviews are my least favorite part, but that's just natural downtime filler. I didn't watch a lot of the draft last night, but it seemed to move fairly quickly, I thought.

I want to hear the selections being made with at least a hint of suspense. Scrolling through a website doesn't give that, so I fast forwarded until I see Goodell walk to the podium.

Jesus...you express your own personal opinion about something and people jump down your throat. Did I say the NFL should change the way they operate in order to accommodate me? Did I say I'll never watch the NFL again because of how "furious" I am over how the draft is now presented?
Old 04-27-2012, 08:56 AM   #631
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer View Post
Pretty happy with who could still be available with the Colts 2.02 pick:

OL: Cordy Glenn and Jonathan Martin (though he's been criticized by some)
DL: Jerel Worthy, Devon Still, and Kendall Reyes
WR: Stephen Hill and arguably Rueben Randle (not really sold on him being anything great)
TE: Coby Fleener

I hope the Colts take the BPA on their board and not trade down for something like an extra 4th rounder. Those guys don't pan out most of the time. Might as well take the player we like the most.

Ugh. Glenn, Martin and Adams all being there at the start of round 2 makes drafting Kalil at 4 and trading up for a huge reach on Smith look even worse.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:00 AM   #632
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

In my case it has to do more with filling the holes around him than really keeping him. I would have had no problem with the Browns taking Luck if they had the #1 pick or RGIII if he had fell to them in the draft, honestly I wouldn't have a problem if they had found a way to trade for Matt Hasselback this off season, but the team has too many holes to reach for a QB in the 1st round. Especially when there is the #1 guard, #2 tackle, and more than a few excellent WR prospects available all of which are needed in Cleveland just as much as a new QB.

It's not that the Browns drafted Weeden that is the problem, it is where they drafted him that pissed me off.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:02 AM   #633
Ksyrup

I totally agree with that. I don't get the Weeden pick at that point at all. But I guess someone felt strongly enough about not moving forward with McCoy that they couldn't risk not getting Weeden, since that would screw their plans for the season and long-term. Getting Weeden was obviously the most important step in the process of displacing McCoy, and I guess they couldn't risk the long-term plan by playing chicken with moving back just enough to get him and risk someone jumping up and taking him.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:04 AM   #634
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I just didn't think there were any teams in the mix that were that strongly for Weeden to jump ahead of the Browns at 37.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:17 AM   #635
Ksyrup

Maybe they were bluffed by someone or heard otherwise. Maybe at that particular pick they didn't have enough interest from another team of moving into that pick to continue trading down, or they would have needed to slide further down than they were comfortable. Who knows.

I do think the combo of trading up, likely unnecessarily, for TR and reaching for Weeden makes the draft look awfully suspect for Cleveland already.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-27-2012 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:18 AM   #636
Logan
Head Coach

So if Weeden goes #22 when he'll be turning 29 during his first NFL season, is it safe to assume that the Browns thought enough of his talent level that they would have drafted him at 4 (or 3 technically) if he was the more traditional 21-22 year old?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:20 AM   #637
Ksyrup

Since Chris Weinke worked with Cam Newton last year with pretty good results, perhaps Weeden should consider doing the same since he'll be compared to him (Weinke) for the rest of his career.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-27-2012 at 09:20 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:21 AM   #638
BillJasper
Pro Starter

I simply think the Browns were desperate to get Colt McCoy out of town and spent the one on Weeden to justify it. I really thought Weeden was a third round guy who someone might take a flier in the second round on.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:29 AM   #639
Ksyrup

I just looked at what Denver did and I'm not sure I like it. The net result of the 2 trades was to deal #25 for #36 and #101. Seems like Cincinnati and Baltimore got better value in similar trades involving #20-something picks. And trading down twice but only netting 1 extra (4th round) pick seems sketchy.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-27-2012 at 09:29 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #640
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
I just looked at what Denver did and I'm not sure I like it. The net result of the 2 trades was to deal #25 for #36 and #101. Seems like Cincinnati and Baltimore got better value in similar trades involving #20-something picks. And trading down twice but only netting 1 extra (4th round) pick seems sketchy.

Agreed. But I'm not sure Elway really knows what he's doing out there. He lucked into Manning but beyond that I'm not really sure that the Broncos' are going to be very good when they go back to running a pass heavy offense.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:41 AM   #641
Ksyrup

I mean, hell, the Ravens got #35 and #98 for #29 alone! Then Denver turns around and deals #31 AND #126 for #36 and #101.

If the net out of that trade and the earlier trade was moving from #25 to #36 and picking up #101 and #126, then maybe I get it. Maybe. But throwing in the Pats 4th rounder in the TB trade was flat-out stupid. Seems to me moving from #25 to #36 is worth more than just a high 4th rounder - especially considering the trade 2 spots in front of them. Cripes.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 04-27-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:47 AM   #642
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthean View Post
What I don't get is when QBs have such a dramatic drop off in terms of being able to throw compared to their college days. Yeah, I get defenses are faster and that, but it seems like we hear "He can make all of the throws" turns into "He can't throw beyond 5 yards" once they hit the NFL more often than what it seems like we should.

Steve Logan, former ECU head coach who spent the last 3 years drafting with the Bucs, was on local sports radio the last couple of days, and the point he made was that throwing in college is like throwing through a tire in the backyard, while throwing in the NFL is like throwing through a bucket. The holes are that much tighter, and so being a little bit off in college still leads to accurate numbers, while being a little bit off in the NFL is picks and blocked passes. You need to be able to thread the needle much much better in the NFL than in college.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:51 AM   #643
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I think Denver would be a really nice spot forMcCoy. Can learn behind Peyton and has some NFL experience if Peyton goes down.
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:53 AM   #644
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post
Steve Logan, former ECU head coach who spent the last 3 years drafting with the Bucs, was on local sports radio the last couple of days, and the point he made was that throwing in college is like throwing through a tire in the backyard, while throwing in the NFL is like throwing through a bucket. The holes are that much tighter, and so being a little bit off in college still leads to accurate numbers, while being a little bit off in the NFL is picks and blocked passes. You need to be able to thread the needle much much better in the NFL than in college.

That is where my concerns with Weeden come in. He can throw a great fade pattern, but many of his deep balls were badly under thrown where a receiver had to stop and wait for the ball and on crossing routes it seemed like receivers had to reach behind to catch them. This is based on the three or four Oklahoma State games I saw.

I really think his success had more to do with having guys who could go get the ball.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:54 AM   #645
BillJasper
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I think Denver would be a really nice spot forMcCoy. Can learn behind Peyton and has some NFL experience if Peyton goes down.

Didn't they already grab Caleb Hanie?
Old 04-27-2012, 09:55 AM   #646
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

The Bengals and Ravens trades netted basically the value of the old draft chart. The Broncos trades netted half the difference between 25 and 36.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:02 AM   #647
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post

Oh yeah... they do that all the time here. What's it like where you're from?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:37 AM   #648
Ksyrup

Quality dude.

Bruce Feldman@BFeldmanCBS
Quote that probably won't go in new Zona DL coach BillKirelawich's bio from BruceIrvin: "I got 23 sacks in 2 yrs & I've never been coached."
Old 04-27-2012, 10:41 AM   #649
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

ooh. just did watched aj jenkins highlight vid. sexy.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:55 AM   #650
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack View Post

Which is understandable. McCoy also had plenty of talent to back him up when at Texas as well. It's just a surprising drop off. His worst passing percentage for a year at Texas was 65.1. He had a year at 76.7. He ended up at 70.3. It was interesting to hear Kiper or somebody else make the comment that the big named Big 12 QBs really aren't transitioning to the NFL and now you have three of them go in the first round. Tannehill and Weeden adding to those who don't pan out seems rather obvious.

Quote:
Maybe they were bluffed by someone or heard otherwise.

They bought into the idea of a team trading up to 3 to get Trent as well.

Last edited by Matthean : 04-27-2012 at 10:57 AM.
Matthean is offline   Reply With Quote