Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-08-2005, 05:15 PM   #601
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Since you run a store, I've always wondered how much you guys pay EA for the games themselves? How much profit do you guys make on a sale?

honestly, i dont know. there are buyers that work in the corporate office that handle all of that. from what ive heard just asking/hinting around, i believe it is somewhere between $44-45 a game. now, that might change depending on how many we buy. For the whole company buying all the games, that might drop in price some and the buyers and EA make some deal. the only think i really know for sure is what sort of profit we make on used merchandise...most of that is pure profit. in theory each game goes through about 8 peoples hands, from purchase, to trade in, to purchase, and thus repeating the cycle.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:16 PM   #602
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt
one more. the poster who lied to the GameStop employee about having the game early...again, we get this all the time, so let it occur to you, that he knew you were making it up, and played along with a stupid threat, just for fun...i would of done the same exact thing...you play me as stupid, ill play you as stupid as well...dont take advantage of people.

I'm not sure what response you're trying to get, but I'll bet this isn't it:

How would he know that I was lying about having the game early? Stores have broken street date. This is known. When I told him that I already had the game, I could have been telling the truth. How is he supposed to know that I don't have the game? If he's just fooling around with me by saying that I might get sued, more power to him. If he's making a joke, then it made me laugh. If he was serious, he looks like an idiot. What's the big deal? I intentionally went to mess with his head, and maybe he was trying to mess with mine. At least the comment I gave him could've had some truth to it. In that way, my joke was better. I certainly wasn't trying to take advantage of him, though. I wasn't trying to get the game early. I wasn't trying to get him in any trouble. I just asked for a strategy guide which had its original release date set for two days ago.

After typing all that, I wonder why the hell I'm even defending myself here. Oh, well. If I come off looking like an idiot, so be it. It's not the first time.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:20 PM   #603
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
I still don't understand this line of thinking. EA has a street date of the 12th. They send product out with enough of a cushion so all retailers will be able to sell it on that date. Some stores, due to their own incompetence, accidentally break the street date.

How is this a "major screw up by EA" and how are they "out of their minds"? It sounds to me like they were just protecting their retailers by not showing preference.

ok, its a major screw up for the LP issues involved. like i mentioned before, the customer knows we have the game. its just not good business sense to send a game that early, that the store has to "protect" for up to a week. usually, on big releases, we might get the game a day or two in advance, and thus, the LP issues arent as big of a deal.

as for your question phillies...yes, the stores have plenty of stock. for examply, my store, we have around 160 pre orders, about half and half spread out between xbox and ps2. we have about 150 of both titles in stock.

so, that is $15,000 worth of merchandise on ONE game...that is the screw up...we have to hold this amount of merchandise that everyone wants NOW for 5 days.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:23 PM   #604
CraigSca
Pro Starter

ah, that makes sense. Have games ever been shipped this early before release date?

Interestingly, a number of stores I've approached are adamant that they have not received their shipment yet. It seems haphazard to me.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:26 PM   #605
hollmt
High School Varsity

yes, the stores arent supposed to let on that they have the title...but of course this doesnt work real well as the smart consumer knows better.

i believe we had halo 2 a few days in advance, but not a week, some other major titles as well...and oh, for some stupid ass reason, we had batman in advance..cause everyone wanted that title!
Old 07-08-2005, 05:31 PM   #606
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Speaking of Gamestops, hollmt - when should I expect a call from them regarding my pre-order? I've never pre-ordered from them.
how do you know?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:33 PM   #607
hollmt
High School Varsity

most likey ARIS (with the beautiful voice...ha) will call you on sunday. dont fall in love with her! you going to the midnight opening?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:36 PM   #608
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I can't - I'll be out of town - argh. Most likely will be there Wed morning.
how do you know?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:48 PM   #609
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Does anyone know if EB is offering the any game/$10 towards NCAA again this year? I'd love to unload 2005 and a couple other pieces of garbage I collected last year.
Old 07-08-2005, 05:52 PM   #610
hollmt
High School Varsity

the store down the street from me said that they were. however, there are some exceptions to the list, and my guess (the EB employee wouldnt tell me) is that 2005 is on that exception list, as well as most other sports titles. they lose their value very quickly when the new year title comes out.

the exception list is supposedly on their website, and i subscribe to their newsletter as well, but have yet to find this exception list.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:02 PM   #611
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
EaglesFan27, I think I'll be heading over to the EBGames on Tchoupitoulas tomorrow to play in the tournament (unless they play on PS2, in which case I'll just watch). Do you know what time it's happening? I preordered at the New Orleans Centre store, and I didn't get a call about anything, so I guess they have nothing planned for Saturday.

No, I just re-listened to the message and it doesn't say what time! It doesn't really matter because I'm on call for a local hospital. Furthermore, because I'm on call I have to evacuate if the hospital evacuates with the kids

Right now, the hospital is planning on evacuating at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning, but that could be cancelled anytime between now and then.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 06:10 PM   #612
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I specifically asked my EB Games about the "exception list" and they said they would take any 2005 sports title including NCAA 2005. They would not take any older sports games, and they have a 5 titles = free game deal. It might be the first time I ever trade in a game just because I want to unload NCAA 2005 and I can hopefully find 4 other older games that they will take.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-08-2005 at 06:11 PM.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:21 PM   #613
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I specifically asked my EB Games about the "exception list" and they said they would take any 2005 sports title including NCAA 2005. They would not take any older sports games, and they have a 5 titles = free game deal. It might be the first time I ever trade in a game just because I want to unload NCAA 2005 and I can hopefully find 4 other older games that they will take.

cool then! id unload 2005 if also if youre getting 10 bucks out of it. its a good deal, even if 2005 isnt worth 10 bucks to sell.
Old 07-08-2005, 08:06 PM   #614
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Finally found it at a Target in Humble, TX. I was pretty happy, I stopped by this target every day after work. It is right on the way home. There was one XBOX copy sitting there. Noone was working in the electronics department, so I picked up the phone and called their operator. Someone came by to get the game for me.

Got the game and road right accross the street to the gamestop where I prepurchased my copy. This was in the Deerbrook Mall. The guy was like why do you want to cancel? I said, "because Target sold me a copy". He said bad target, and I said no good Target. He then asked me if I would like to put my 54 bucks towards another game or madden? I said, "NO WAY I'm buying from Target from now on they get their games in sooner." He asked me for a copy of my target receit and I told him no way.

I'm so happy!
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:29 PM   #615
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Bad Target
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:35 PM   #616
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64
Finally found it at a Target in Humble, TX. I was pretty happy, I stopped by this target every day after work. It is right on the way home. There was one XBOX copy sitting there. Noone was working in the electronics department, so I picked up the phone and called their operator. Someone came by to get the game for me.

Got the game and road right accross the street to the gamestop where I prepurchased my copy. This was in the Deerbrook Mall. The guy was like why do you want to cancel? I said, "because Target sold me a copy". He said bad target, and I said no good Target. He then asked me if I would like to put my 54 bucks towards another game or madden? I said, "NO WAY I'm buying from Target from now on they get their games in sooner." He asked me for a copy of my target receit and I told him no way.

I'm so happy!

very lucky

please give us a first impression review soon.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:51 PM   #617
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Here's the Madden 06 Team ratings. (giggles about the ratings given to Indy's D)

Madden 2006: Every Teams Rating Announced

NFC East
Ovr Off Def AFC East Ovr Off Def
Philadelphia 96 96 94 New England 97 92 96
Washington 77 82 74 NY Jets 81 86 76
Dallas 73 72 79 Buffalo 78 70 95
NY Giants 72 68 75 Miami 70 68 79

NFC North
Ovr Off Def AFC North Ovr Off Def
Minnesota 90 86 92 Pittsburgh 91 89 92
Green Bay 80 92 63 Baltimore 86 85 90
Detroit 78 87 74 Cincinnati 85 85 76
Chicago 73 70 76 Cleveland 61 62 60

NFC South
Ovr Off Def AFC South Ovr Off Def
Carolina 86 87 92 Indianapolis 90 99 68
Atlanta 85 80 87 Jacksonville 84 83 86
Tampa Bay 75 76 83 Houston 83 84 83
New Orleans 72 83 66 Tennessee 69 76 66

NFC West
Ovr Off Def AFC West Ovr Off Def
Seattle 86 89 84 San Diego 88 90 79
St. Louis 82 90 69 Kansas City 85 91 77
Arizona 78 78 79 Oakland 81 88 65
San Francisco 67 70 68 Denver 74 73 80

©PSXsports.com
Old 07-08-2005, 08:57 PM   #618
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
just a few things.

this thread started out as an information thread about what these 2 games would be like, the gameplay, etc. etc. somehow though, it has turned into a bitch session by a few people who quite simply, just dont understand what is going on.
Please inform us.
dont remember all the names, and there is no reason to quote, but this isnt the biggest foul up of a release by the publisher and THE STORES. the publisher maybe, as EA decided this year to hold a solid street date on the release of the game where as previous years, they have not. the stores have no control over that, and normally, unless you come across the idiot employeed, do what they are told.
Ok, with you here.
you have to understand that these stores, GameStop, EB, in particular, are getting yanked around by the customers, and the corporate office, and secret shoppers, who are trying their best to catch you in a foul up. we are hassled by corporate to sell, sell, sell, preordere, preorder, preorder out of our asses. we are hassled by the customer (who knows we have the game in the back) to "let me see it", "please let me buy it", "when does it release", "cant you do ME a favor?" etc. etc. trust me...it gets old. for the most part, these employees handle it very well, but yes, some screw up, and some of you customers thrive on that.
Ok, you're an employee at a Gamestop or EB Games, not a doctor. You know this when you take the job.
for the customer who went and bitched at the Babbages store, which by the way is owned by GameStop, if you would of went in and cursed me or my store out the way you claimed you did, then there is no wonder you were treated the way you were, and most likely will continue to be treated that way.
I agree here, no reason to curse someone out over a game.
as for the the poster who complained about joining the membership at GameStop or EB, did it occur to you, they are DOING THEIR JOB? again, corporate is on their asses, management is on their asses to ask questions, sell, preorder, etc. Secret Shoppers have a job, and that is to go in the store and make sure they are doing their job all the time...give them some slack...im sure you have a job to do that can annoy somebody, somewhere.
Are you serious? Secret shoppers? In a video game store? Wow, that's some f'd up sheet. I'd quit and go to Best Buy or Circuit City.
one more. the poster who lied to the GameStop employee about having the game early...again, we get this all the time, so let it occur to you, that he knew you were making it up, and played along with a stupid threat, just for fun...i would of done the same exact thing...you play me as stupid, ill play you as stupid as well...dont take advantage of people.
Funny thing here, a lot of people DO have the game and it's the stupid EA might stop giving us copies of games management that lets EA do the shit they do. The game is out, and the EB Games employee I know told me if there is proof, he could sell it as well. Well, he can't sell it. Wtf?
i know this as been a post to complain, and im sorry, but it does annoy me a bit, that some of you have done your complaining, yet really dont give a shit as to what is going on behind the scenes...the game will be out soon...and then you can all start complaining about the poor game play...but from what ive heard, and since ive played it in the stores, there shouldnt be too much to complain about...its pretty good...youll be happy.
[b]I'm sorry you're a game store employee, but what do you expect? Piss on EA, not the fans of the game.

The 12th will come...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:08 PM   #619
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
The 12th will come...
Not soon enough.....
Old 07-08-2005, 09:11 PM   #620
hollmt
High School Varsity

inform you of what mizzou? the gameplay, the street date, or the fact that a select amount of customers want to complain about stuff that most retailers are trying to control?

yes, i am an employee at GameStop, and others on this board are employees at other retail stores. and yes, i knew what my job would entail when signing my name. however, that doesnt mean i have to be berated for something out of my control.

secret shoppers are everywhere. food, retail, hotels. you the customer, are the one who sign up for this sort of job and detail every thing we do in our store to make sure it is up to standards...that includes asking questions (which may be annoying) offering and upselling. again, yes i knew this when taking the job.

to you and pumpy both on this one. the fact that some retailers are selling the game early is known. that they are doing it is wrong. i wasnt trying t single out any particular poster, and that is exactly why i didnt quote anyone. my point wasnt to offend, but to try to give a different perspective of what the employee is going through on these type of releases that everone wants RIGHT NOW. again, if EA hadnt sent the damn game so early to sit in our stores, alot of this would have been prevented.

im not sorry i work in a game store. it is a great job, and 99% of the customers are awesome and you pay my salary. and im not pissing on the fans of the game, just giving another perspective on things.

and yes, the 12th will come...i hope.
Old 07-08-2005, 09:22 PM   #621
Tigercat
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Here's the Madden 06 Team ratings. (giggles about the ratings given to Indy's D)
New Orleans 72 83 66

This is the kinda of national crap I have to put up with as a Saints fan every year. The fourth worst team in the NFL? The worst team in the NFC? The Saints have been a talented underachieving 8-8 team for years, thats where they should be expected to finish. But just because of the distant past where we always sucked and because we are a small market team no one hears about, this is where we are picked, dead last. I expect the Saints are gonna finally not be a 8-8 team this year, for better or for worse. If it is for the better that this team finally breaks out of .500 land, I hope the Madden team feels pretty silly for making a playoff team the worst team in the NFC.

Edit:I missed that San Fran is rated worse, thats something. (Only not.)

Sorry got a little carried away there, feel free to return to your longing for NCAA. I hope at least 4 of my games are good for a tradein, I'm too poor for it now otherwise.

Last edited by Tigercat : 07-08-2005 at 09:24 PM.
Tigercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 09:41 PM   #622
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
very lucky

please give us a first impression review soon.

Good thing I switched to ESPN football last year. The switch player man in every EA football game in the past was the A button on xbox. Now they moved it to the B button like ESPN was.

So get used to hitting b to switch your guys fellows. More to follow, I'm an online addict so first thing i'm about to do is take a game online.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #623
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Running up the middle = slowdown Just like last year.

Running game overall is 100% better. The O line blocks and you can follow blockers. The option play is great. If this is any indication to what Madden's running game will be like we are going to be very happy people.

QB's just hold down A which is speed burst to run with the ball. You don't have to switch out of pass mode like previous versions.

Scrambling QB's are good, but if you play smart on D you can contain them.

Impact players make some big plays, but it isn't arcadeish.
Old 07-08-2005, 11:34 PM   #624
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Given all of that, I would look at investing in a max drive or similar device. Mine cost about 25 dollars, but I've used it for several games now over the past year and it is quickly paying for itself.
I decided to take this advice and pick one up today. To test it out I downloaded an NCAA 2002 roster. It transfered to my memory card pretty easily and the device seemed to be pretty cool. My card was almost full so I decided to move some lesser used files onto the max drive. It seemed to work, but when I went back to my card no files were listed. I restarted the PS2 and looked at the card through it's browser and everything showed up as "Corrupted File." I restarted it again and no it says there are no files on it, but 7MB just happen to be missing. Furthermore I can't even save to it anymore. So the Max Drive pretty much destroyed my memory card. I feel kind of sick that I lost all of my PS2 saves, and now I'll probably have to spend even more money to get a new fucking memory card.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 12:21 AM   #625
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Dola

I found a feature in the Max Drive software that would reformat my memory card. That at least made it useable again. I wouldn't particularly care so much since most of the saves I'd probably never use again. The only ones I am going to miss are my saves for the Metal Gear Solid series. In MGS2 I had just unlocked all of the secret items and was looking forward to another playthrough with them. Oh well, maybe I can find a saved game somewhere online and use the Max Drive to replace my old one.
Old 07-09-2005, 12:37 AM   #626
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6
Dola

I found a feature in the Max Drive software that would reformat my memory card. That at least made it useable again. I wouldn't particularly care so much since most of the saves I'd probably never use again. The only ones I am going to miss are my saves for the Metal Gear Solid series. In MGS2 I had just unlocked all of the secret items and was looking forward to another playthrough with them. Oh well, maybe I can find a saved game somewhere online and use the Max Drive to replace my old one.

TP6, check GameFAQs.com . They have save game files for a lot of games.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:03 AM   #627
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
TP6, check GameFAQs.com . They have save game files for a lot of games.
Good call, looks like they have everything I need.
Old 07-09-2005, 01:06 AM   #628
dervack
College Prospect

Two things.

1. As to the price of the games companies sell to retailers, they average anywhere from 36.50 to 45 dollars for the games that originally retail for 49.99. It really depends on how many copies you buy, and if you're a big retailer, how fast you want it from the publisher. Sometimes publishers will split the shipping costs with their bigger costs, to just charging mom and pop retailers the full shipping price.

2. Secret shoppers happen in every and any retail enviroment, including Best Buy, Circuit City. Anywhere they sell something that they own, there is a secret shopper. Sell a warranty at your retail location, you will be secret shopped. It's the companies way of making sure they make money.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #629
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
inform you of what mizzou? the gameplay, the street date, or the fact that a select amount of customers want to complain about stuff that most retailers are trying to control?

yes, i am an employee at GameStop, and others on this board are employees at other retail stores. and yes, i knew what my job would entail when signing my name. however, that doesnt mean i have to be berated for something out of my control.

secret shoppers are everywhere. food, retail, hotels. you the customer, are the one who sign up for this sort of job and detail every thing we do in our store to make sure it is up to standards...that includes asking questions (which may be annoying) offering and upselling. again, yes i knew this when taking the job.

to you and pumpy both on this one. the fact that some retailers are selling the game early is known. that they are doing it is wrong. i wasnt trying t single out any particular poster, and that is exactly why i didnt quote anyone. my point wasnt to offend, but to try to give a different perspective of what the employee is going through on these type of releases that everone wants RIGHT NOW. again, if EA hadnt sent the damn game so early to sit in our stores, alot of this would have been prevented.

im not sorry i work in a game store. it is a great job, and 99% of the customers are awesome and you pay my salary. and im not pissing on the fans of the game, just giving another perspective on things.

and yes, the 12th will come...i hope.

Don't take my post as ripping on you, I can tell you take your job serious and to me that's a great trait to have.. I was just pointing out that nobodies really bitching, maybe moaning a tad.. but EA screwed the pooch on this one and I just don't understand if other stores are selling the game, why can't everyone else do it now? I know that's not your decision to make, again it's all on EA. To me, it seems like a perfectly executed marketing ploy. Maybe it's not, but this game is surely hyped probably more than any sports game in history and it sucks for retaliers like yours.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:08 PM   #630
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Well...a Target and another Toys R Us today with no luck. Even sent my wife in to give it a shot - ha!
how do you know?

Old 07-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #631
jbmagic
Pro Starter

i going to best buy and going to give my vacation story. (cough cough)

i going to ask for the manager and ask him, if there a chance i can get NCAA 2006 because i wont be here on July 12 because i am going to europe for vacation.

if he wearing a tie, i will compliment him on it before i tell my story.

wish me luck
Old 07-09-2005, 02:24 PM   #632
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

The main problem I have is that it seems EA screwed alot of people here. I was the only one of my friends that "pre-ordered" to make sure I had the game on day 1. Well that freakin fell through. Now I'm the only one out of all of them without the damn game. Enough stores broke street, cough, comp usa, cough, wal-mart, cough, toys r us, cough, target, cough blockbuster,(all within a 50 mile radius of my house that I've seen just doing my usual shopping) that corporate at EB shouldn't screw the people that pre-ordered through them.

Of course, unlike the rest of this thread I haven't went in the store and bitched at all, I just informed them several places broke street in the area and asked when they were releasing the game. They replied the 12th(and threw in the fact that the game was boxed up in the back), and I walked out of the store. The only promise I can make of all this is I won't be pre-ordering any more games. If I hadn't I would already have the game.

But I will say I have played 1 two player game before school yesterday and the game does infact rock.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #633
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
if he wearing a tie, i will compliment him on it before i tell my story.

This line cracked me up
Old 07-09-2005, 02:31 PM   #634
jbmagic
Pro Starter

After my lunch i will be heading to best buy.

i be back in a little bit to tell you guys how it went at best buy with my story

i will at least pick up the xbox console anything else i need to pickup with it?

i sure hope Madden 2006 first impressions are as good as NCAA 2006 was.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:32 PM   #635
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
After my lunch i will be heading to best buy.

i be back in a little bit to tell you guys how it went at best buy with my story

i will at least pick up the xbox console anything else i need to pickup with it?

i sure hope Madden 2006 first impressions are as good as NCAA 2006 was.

If you have friends that you want to play in person, you'll want to pick up a second controller.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:39 PM   #636
jbmagic
Pro Starter

thanks Eaglefan27

i almost forgot i need to get the Action Replay for the Xbox too for the rosters updates .hopefully they sell it there too. is that pretty much what you use the action replay for.

that cool the harddrive of the xbox you can save your games there. no memory card needed.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:45 PM   #637
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

I tried Gamestop and this fat overweight sob pretty much lied to me in my face. I know for a fact they have the game on site because my friend's brother works there. I asked for the game and he said we dont have the game here when expect it sometime tuesday morning. I told him bullshit I know its back there so just give me the game so I can go home since the weather in Miami ain't looking to sweet. How about this fat bastard tells me I am messed up and don't know what I am talking about... lets just say I won't be going to gamestop for the game even though I preorder it.
Old 07-09-2005, 02:58 PM   #638
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop
I tried Gamestop and this fat overweight sob pretty much lied to me in my face. I know for a fact they have the game on site because my friend's brother works there. I asked for the game and he said we dont have the game here when expect it sometime tuesday morning. I told him bullshit I know its back there so just give me the game so I can go home since the weather in Miami ain't looking to sweet. How about this fat bastard tells me I am messed up and don't know what I am talking about... lets just say I won't be going to gamestop for the game even though I preorder it.

You won't go to GameStop because they wouldn't sell you the game before it was out? What's with your sense of entitlement?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:01 PM   #639
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

christ, people need to settle down, its just a game
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:12 PM   #640
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
thanks Eaglefan27

i almost forgot i need to get the Action Replay for the Xbox too for the rosters updates .hopefully they sell it there too. is that pretty much what you use the action replay for.

that cool the harddrive of the xbox you can save your games there. no memory card needed.

I use the Action Replay for rosters for multiple sports games (NCAA, WE 8, and one other one that is escaping my mind at this moment.) It's been well worth it.
Old 07-09-2005, 03:26 PM   #641
jbmagic
Pro Starter

NCAA 2006 playbooks for all teams

http://www.sportsgameratings.com/modules/NCAAdisplay/
Old 07-09-2005, 03:35 PM   #642
Celeval
Pro Starter

Anyone traded in ESPN College Basketball 2K5 either for this or recently? Any clue how much I'll get back for it? I remember reading about basically any game being worth $10 for it, but didn't know if I'd get more for 2K5 since it's recent.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 03:55 PM   #643
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noop

Noop, why didn't you just get it from your friend's brother?
Old 07-09-2005, 03:57 PM   #644
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
christ, people need to settle down, its just a game

I think it's all in fun, at least for most. Hell, when you have a thread that's over 3,000+ posts on where to get the game early over at OS, you know it's crazy.
Old 07-09-2005, 04:08 PM   #645
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Just called my local Walmart and the guy on the phone said he had it.

We'll see... on my way.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:28 PM   #646
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Anyone traded in ESPN College Basketball 2K5 either for this or recently? Any clue how much I'll get back for it? I remember reading about basically any game being worth $10 for it, but didn't know if I'd get more for 2K5 since it's recent.

If you trade it in at EBGames, you'll probably get $10 for it if you trade it in toward NCAA 2006 or Madden 2006. You're certainly not going to get more. The game sold for $20 when it came out. You probably wouldn't have even gotten $10 for it if you had traded it in two weeks after its release.

I traded in four games today toward NCAA 2006, and the only one that was worth more than $10 was the latest Tiger Woods game. I got $15 for that one. The other games were Pirates of the Caribbean (wow, what a clunker that was), MLB Slugfest Loaded, and Guilty Gear X2: Reload. Each of those would normally get me about $4 or $6 each, but the promotion upped it to $10 on each of those. My four games got me $45 trade-in credit, and with the $5.44 I've paid in cash, I now have the game completely paid off! I'll be in line on Monday night to get my NCAA 2006.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:31 PM   #647
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
If you trade it in at EBGames, you'll probably get $10 for it if you trade it in toward NCAA 2006 or Madden 2006. You're certainly not going to get more. The game sold for $20 when it came out. You probably wouldn't have even gotten $10 for it if you had traded it in two weeks after its release.

I traded in four games today toward NCAA 2006, and the only one that was worth more than $10 was the latest Tiger Woods game. I got $15 for that one. The other games were Pirates of the Caribbean (wow, what a clunker that was), MLB Slugfest Loaded, and Guilty Gear X2: Reload. Each of those would normally get me about $4 or $6 each, but the promotion upped it to $10 on each of those. My four games got me $45 trade-in credit, and with the $5.44 I've paid in cash, I now have the game completely paid off! I'll be in line on Monday night to get my NCAA 2006.

Which store you getting it from?
Old 07-09-2005, 05:33 PM   #648
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Which store you getting it from?

New Orleans Centre. My only concern about the midnight release was parking, but it's unlikely that any meter maids will be out, so I'll just park next to the Superdome. They're opening the doors at 11:30, and they'll start taking people's trade-ins at that time. When midnight hits, they'll start handing games out. I already told them that I intend to be the first one to get my copy. They'd better remember!
Old 07-09-2005, 05:39 PM   #649
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Cool

I've decided I'm going to arrive at the Tchoptoulous (you think I'd know how to spell the street after driving down it for two years, but that somehow looks wrong) store around 11:30 as well with my trade-ins.
Old 07-09-2005, 05:40 PM   #650
Ragone
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
Just called my local Walmart and the guy on the phone said he had it.

We'll see... on my way.

Wal-Mart has it out.. but the registers stop them from selling it
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote