Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-29-2005, 10:51 PM   #601
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This Year's top 5 picks:

1. Fernando Santiago is rated 77 for the Raptors after pre-season. The 7'0 291 pound center is compared to Shaq.

2. The Bobcat's pick, Lynn Knox, a 6'7 233 pound SG is rated 77.

3. Norm McLeod, a 6'1 193 pound PG, is rated 77 for the Lakers.

4. Randy Posey, a 6'8 226 pound SF is the early bust at a rating of 73 for the Hornets.

5. Jeffrey Fault, 6'7 244 pound SF is rated 74 for the T'Wolves.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 11:05 PM   #602
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

There were a few very minor trades before the tradeline, but nothing of note. I was offered several deals for John Salmons, but I held onto him.

Oh yeah, I'm certain the owner would have fired me if I hadn't turned it off. He keeps sending me warnings.

Standings at the end of the 3rd season:

The Nets win the Atlantic with 50 wins.

The Pistons win the Central with 53 wins. The Cavs drop back to earth and have 49 wins.

The Heat have 50 wins to take the Southeast. Shaq has missed quite a bit of time this season.

The Grizzlies win the SW with 50 wins. The Rockets have 43 wins.

The Jazz again win the NW with 50 wins.

The Suns dominate the Pacific with 62 wins.

Lebron James wins his first MVP Award at the age of 24. He ha 26.5 ppg, 9.6 rpg, 8.3 agp, 2.4 spg, and 1.2 bpg.

Lynn Knox, the #2 pick, won rookie of the year. 13.4 ppg, 6.2 rpg, 3.4 agp.

Bobby Dame of the Knicks won the Sixth Man of the Year with 10.5 ppg, 11.5 rpg, 2.5 apg in 31.0 mpg. He didn't start any games.

Dwight Howard won the Defensive Player of the Year. 22 ppg, 15.5 rpg, 2.1 agp, 1.0 spg, and 2.2 bpg.

Gerald Green of the Celtics won the Most Improved Player. He scored 14.4 per game (up 9.4), had 5.8 rpg (up 3.8), had 3.8 apg (2.4).

All NBA First Team:

PG: Arena
SG: McGrady
SF: Lebron
PF: Stoudemire
C: Yao

Shaq didn't even make 3rd All NBA team (which he did last year.)

Andrew Bogut was second team and Marcus Camby made 3rd team Center.

All Rookie Team:

PG: McLeod, Lakers (#3)
SG: Knox, Bobcats (#2)
SF: Posey, Hornets (#4)
PF: Todd Jameson, 76ers (10th)
C: Fernando Santiago, Raptors (#1)

In his rookie year, Santiago had 12.9 ppg, 8.2 rpg, 0.3 bpg in 30 mpg.

Mike D'Antoni of the Suns won Coach of the Year.

Lance Alford of the Suns won the Executive of the Year Award.
Old 11-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #603
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Here are the individual stat league leaders:

PPG:

1. Stoudemire - 30.6
2. Bryant - 28.5
3. R. Allen - 28.0
4. Nowitzki - 27.0
5. Lebron - 26.5
6. McGrady - 26.4
7. Arensa - 26.3
8. Iverson - 26.0 (he is 33 and he is starting to decline.)
9. Baron Davis - 25.2
10. Garnett - 25.0

Shaq was 62nd in the league in scoring with 15.0 ppg. His other stats: 7.5 rpg, 1.9 apg, 1.0 bpg, 26.6 mpg. He missed 20 games due to injury.

RPG:

1. Dwight Howard - 15.5
2. Stoudemire - 12.6
3. Garnett - 12.5
4. Okafor - 12.0
5. Brand - 11.9
6. Marion 11.9
7. Randolph, Zach - 11.9
8. Ben Wallace - 11.9
9. Duncan - 11.8
10. Chris Bosh - 11.8

APG:

1. Nash - 8.5
2. Dwyane Wade - 7.9
3. Marbury - 7.8
4. Bibby - 7.7
5. Iverson - 7.6
6. Tinsley - 7.6
7. Hinrich - 7.5
8. Ridnour - 7.5
9. Kidd - 7.4
10. Carlos Arroyo - 7.4

steals per game (some variability this year)

1. Marion - 2.9!
2. Lebron - 2.4
3. Larry Hughes - 2.3
4. McGrady - 2.2
5. Tinsley - 2.2
6. Kirilenko - 2.1
7. Ginobili - 2.1
8. Pierce - 2.0
9. Davis - 2.0
10. Vince Carter! - 2.0

Big year for Blocks too:

1. Kirilenko - 2.6
2. Brand - 2.4
3. Howard - 2.2
4. Miles - 2.0
5. Gasol - 2.0
6. Stoudemire - 1.7
7. Okafor - 1.7
8. Chandler - 1.6
9. Dalembert - 1.6
10. Marion - 1.5

FG%

1. Dwight Howard - 55.1
2. Stoudemire - 54.1
3. Shaq - 54.0
4. Pau Gasol - 52.1
5. Rip Hamilton - 51.3
6. Eddy Curry - 51.2
7. Jamal Magloire - 50.7
8. Yao Ming - 50.3
9. Jermaine O'Neal - 50.0
10. Dwyane Wade - 49.4

Minutes Per Game

1. McGrady - 42.4
2. Kirilenko - 42.0
3. Bryant - 41.3
4. Richard Jefferson - 41.2
5. Arenas - 41.1
6. Marbury - 41.1
7. Lebron - 41.0
8. Baron Davis - 40.8
9. Joe Johnson - 40.5
10. Ron Artest - 40.4
Old 11-29-2005, 11:19 PM   #604
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'll look forward to actually tracking this test career so more later this week. I'm interested in seeing how those rookies develop, but so far I'm encouraged. However, I'd like to see at least one guy fall off the table (rather than just remain static.)

I wish I had looked at Shaq's rating at the beginning (then again that should be easy to check in my real career.) Right now, at age 36, he has dropped down to an 86 rated player.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-29-2005 at 11:20 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 AM   #605
MO542
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I'll look forward to actually tracking this test career so more later this week. I'm interested in seeing how those rookies develop, but so far I'm encouraged. However, I'd like to see at least one guy fall off the table (rather than just remain static.)

I wish I had looked at Shaq's rating at the beginning (then again that should be easy to check in my real career.) Right now, at age 36, he has dropped down to an 86 rated player.

Eaglesfan27,

Thanks for the posting. It is actually keeping me sustained until I get my xbox! It’s a bigger plus that you are using the Sixers because I’m a huge Philly fan too!

There are a couple things that I’d like you to check / observe if you don’t mind:

1)In the past 2K games, I’ve noticed that computer generated players from the draft have very weird progression. They seem to rise for a few years; i.e. they will go from a 77 to a 95 in about four years, and then they will start to decline despite being in the league for only 5 or 6 years and end up going back down to a 77 or so after you sign them to a big deal. This really killed the game for me. Can you watch for that?
2)In the draft, is there any indication of a players upside?
3)How much has Iverson declined (overall points) over the years?
4)Can you give more explanation on how the cap works in the game?
5)Are players less willing to take front loaded contracts? I.E. You have to offer more overall money for them to take a comparable deal that give them a 10% raise each year.
6)Do players hold out?

Last edited by MO542 : 11-30-2005 at 08:54 AM.
MO542 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 10:53 AM   #606
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO542
Old 11-30-2005, 11:11 AM   #607
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO542
Eaglesfan27,

Thanks for the posting. It is actually keeping me sustained until I get my xbox! It’s a bigger plus that you are using the Sixers because I’m a huge Philly fan too!

There are a couple things that I’d like you to check / observe if you don’t mind:

1)In the past 2K games, I’ve noticed that computer generated players from the draft have very weird progression. They seem to rise for a few years; i.e. they will go from a 77 to a 95 in about four years, and then they will start to decline despite being in the league for only 5 or 6 years and end up going back down to a 77 or so after you sign them to a big deal. This really killed the game for me. Can you watch for that?
3)How much has Iverson declined (overall points) over the years?
4)Can you give more explanation on how the cap works in the game?
5)Are players less willing to take front loaded contracts? I.E. You have to offer more overall money for them to take a comparable deal that give them a 10% raise each year.
6)Do players hold out?

1) I'll watch for it as I sim a few more seasons.

2) If you've scouted a guy a few times, then you *might* get a letter grade for their potential. If you don't scout them, that area is blank, but you usually get some letter grade for other areas such as athleticism, post game, etc etc. However, if you scout them repeatedly, the letter grade in each area can become more accurate.

3) He has declined 3 points at the age of 33. He is still rated a 93.

4) I'm not sure what further info you are looking for on the cap. It *appears* to be rising slowly. It is somewhere in the high 60 million range I believe. If you go too far over it, you end up paying a luxury tax. You can view a spreadsheet if you are making money or not. If you aren't, I imagine some owners aren't going to be too happy. You can't sign guys if you are over the cap, except for the league minimum or the mid level exception which is up to 5 million dollars. Even if you are over the cap, you can sign your own guys if they have Bird rights. Basically, it models the real NBA quite well.

5) I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye out for that.

6) I haven't seen any. However, Louis Williams absolutely refused to renegotiate a deal with me after I lowballed him just once. I guess it was a bad lowball, but still it surprised me. Even though he is now a free agent in mid-season, he still appears to be refusing to sign last I looked. It is surprising that no one has signed him yet.

Also, as far as player progression, Bogut appears to be progressing nicely. I'll check that out tonight or tomorrow night as well as look at another few seasons of the guys I'm tracking.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:00 PM   #608
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
1) I'll watch for it as I sim a few more seasons.

2) If you've scouted a guy a few times, then you *might* get a letter grade for their potential. If you don't scout them, that area is blank, but you usually get some letter grade for other areas such as athleticism, post game, etc etc. However, if you scout them repeatedly, the letter grade in each area can become more accurate.

3) He has declined 3 points at the age of 33. He is still rated a 93.

4) I'm not sure what further info you are looking for on the cap. It *appears* to be rising slowly. It is somewhere in the high 60 million range I believe. If you go too far over it, you end up paying a luxury tax. You can view a spreadsheet if you are making money or not. If you aren't, I imagine some owners aren't going to be too happy. You can't sign guys if you are over the cap, except for the league minimum or the mid level exception which is up to 5 million dollars. Even if you are over the cap, you can sign your own guys if they have Bird rights. Basically, it models the real NBA quite well.

5) I'm not sure. I'll keep an eye out for that.

6) I haven't seen any. However, Louis Williams absolutely refused to renegotiate a deal with me after I lowballed him just once. I guess it was a bad lowball, but still it surprised me. Even though he is now a free agent in mid-season, he still appears to be refusing to sign last I looked. It is surprising that no one has signed him yet.

Also, as far as player progression, Bogut appears to be progressing nicely. I'll check that out tonight or tomorrow night as well as look at another few seasons of the guys I'm tracking.

Things are shaping up nicely so far. Thanks again for the amount of detail that you've into this test franchise. It looks like we're finally getting to the point where a console game can be treated as a legitmate franchise sim.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 12:09 PM   #609
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think this console game is as close as I've played to a real franchise sim. When you sim games, you can set your coaching philosophy as well. For example, there is a slider to tell the coach how much to use your bench. 0 is play the starters til they drop while all the way to the right is to split even time between starters and reserves. There are sliders to dictate the tempo, how much you fastbreak, how much you crash the boards offensively/get back to stop the opposition's defense, etc. I played around a bit with tempo slider in the first simmed season and I'm fairly certain it affected our simulated scoring totals.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 11-30-2005 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:51 PM   #610
jbmagic
Pro Starter

is there coach mode in the game?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2005, 08:53 PM   #611
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
is there coach mode in the game?

Not that I have seen.
Old 11-30-2005, 09:56 PM   #612
WrongWay
Banned

I just read on a blog that Best Buy is refunding people for their Bundles they were forced to buy.
hxxp://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/11/best_buys_respo.html

Quote:

It's sometimes difficult for consumers to actually buy what product manufacturers are strenuously pushing. A case in point is Microsoft's Xbox 360, which has been in limited supply. Moreover, some retailers didn't have their act completely under control.
Among the complaints I heard on launch day was that some Best Buy stores, contrary to corporate policy, required customers to spend hundreds of dollars on games or accessories -- over and above the $300 or $400 for just the machines -- as part of any Xbox 360 purchase. A San Jose resident said the Best Buy store at Santana Row was among those locations, setting "bundled'' price minimums that started at $700 in non-returnable
merchandise.
It took me a while to get a response from a Best Buy corporate spokesman, but the company acknowledges that some stores acted inappropriately. It won't confirm the specific stores at which problems occurred. Draw your own conclusions about whether that's good customer PR.
If you bought a 360 bundle, however, the company says it will guarantee that every part of the purchase can be returned or exchanged. It says you can do that at any Best Buy store. If there are problems, call the round-the-clock "customer care'' line at 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289).
Also, feel free to contact me if you think you've got information on this that will be useful to other consumers.

Here's an official statement that Best Buy e-mailed me after my phone conversations with a spokesman:

"We are aware of instances where Best Buy employee action was inconsistent with company guidelines for promotional activities surrounding the sale of Xbox 360. We will accept returns or exchanges for any unwanted Xbox 360-related purchases. In addition, we have taken appropriate measures to ensure this situation will not occur with future Xbox 360 promotions. We extend our sincere apologies to our customers."

WrongWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 12:17 AM   #613
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

In other words "We hosed some of you but we're not going to confirm that we hosed you specifically so you might keep the ripoff stuff". Typical Best Buy.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 05:36 AM   #614
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Not to get anyone's hopes up, but supposedly there will be more 360s in stores tomorrow.

http://www.gamespot.com/forums/show_...ic_id=24022798
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:25 AM   #615
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Hehe.. I have some more info for those looking for one:

http://www.oxm.co.uk/articles/news/h...s_shop_shelves
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:12 PM   #616
dervack
College Prospect

The store I went to today was out of stock of the 2K6 today. I need to find out when they are getting more. On the plus side, I got my Live card, so if anyone sees dervack on Xbox Live, I'll be ready to lose a game of Madden.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2005, 09:36 PM   #617
Airhog
Captain Obvious

And high ranking Xbox 360 exec Peter Moore recently told us that he was doing everything possible to get more consoles on shelves, saying, “We've got two factories working 24 hours a day. We've got air freight running as well as boats, because you can get more units on boats. All we can do is make them as fast as we can and ship them as fast as we can."

Gotta love this quote. One reason why I would never buy a launch day console. Anytime you have an electronics manufacturing facility introducing a new product onto the line, and also pushing production to exceed normal capacity, you will have quality issues. Given my own experience, I would say it takes an average of 2 months to work out the major issues from the end of the IP run. I also find it funny that he mentions the facilities working 24 hours a day. I wonder how many manufacturing plants don't work round the clock, at least when it comes to PCB production. I would have to guess that only the smallest facilities would work less that 120 hours a week.

Thread Killer extraordinaire

Yay! its football season once again!
Airhog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 09:09 AM   #618
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrongWay
I just read on a blog that Best Buy is refunding people for their Bundles they were forced to buy.
hxxp://blogs.mercurynews.com/aei/2005/11/best_buys_respo.html

I dont see how the Best Buy website is not doing the same damn thing that the stores did.

Go on over and see if you can pull up a xbox 360 system all by itself. All I could manage to get were these Bundles.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....&type=category
Old 12-02-2005, 09:22 AM   #619
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
I dont see how the Best Buy website is not doing the same damn thing that the stores did.

Go on over and see if you can pull up a xbox 360 system all by itself. All I could manage to get were these Bundles.

That's a bit different. What people were complaining about was BB was advertising the system at $399 and $299, but nobody was able to walk out at that price because the were forcing people to buy the bundles. Online, you at least know that when you go to order it, you have to buy a bundle. The people walking into the stores, or camping out, didn't.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:42 AM   #620
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

All places have been doing that. Online is "bundles only", in-store you can buy just the system. The complaint here is that Best Buy policy (and all other brick-and-mortar stores) were letting you buy just the base system, but some stores violated company policy such that when you showed up, they changed the rules and made you buy more stuff. Online they tell you this up front, but when you show up at a store they weren't supposed to change the rules on you.
Old 12-02-2005, 12:31 PM   #621
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I bought a bundle from Sears. (Premium, Controller, battery pack, 1 game). I returned the game to Walmart for store credit and got Madden instead..

Oh.. and I'm used to the fan noise now. Not as horrific...
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:36 PM   #622
SackAttack
Head Coach

At least Best Buy's online bundles aren't as ridiculous as the one JC Penney was offering (before, presumably, outcry made 'em back off on it).

$799.99 for what appeared to be the premium system and a charge 'n play kit. It mentioned a wireless controller and remote, but since those come with the premium system, it was unclear whether that was the larger remote and an additional controller, or just an effort to pad the description.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 12:41 PM   #623
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang
I bought a bundle from Sears. (Premium, Controller, battery pack, 1 game). I returned the game to Walmart for store credit and got Madden instead..
You bought the game at Sears and then exchanged it at WalMart? Really? That sounds like the type of abuse of the return system that causes retailers to make it tougher and tougher to make legitimate returns / exchanges.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:50 PM   #624
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

This is a quick summary post to help me keep track of whom I'm tracking ratings wise:

Anton Kolomak, Raptors - 1st pick in the 1st draft. Rated 78 post draft. After the 1st season, he was rated 79. At the beginning of the 2nd season he was rated 83.

Garrett Kelly, Bucks - 2nd pick in the 1st draft. Rated 79 post draft. After the 1st season he was rated 80. At the beginning of the 2nd season, rated 83.

Ray Morris, Lakers - 3rd pick. Rated 72 post draft. After the first season, rated 73. Remains a 73 in the 2nd season.

Everett Gooding, Hornets (Traded to Chicago) - 4th pick. Rated 73 post draft. After the first season, still rated 73. Goes up to 76 in the 2nd season.

Freddie Jacobsen, Hawks. 5th pick 1st draft. Rated 75 post draft. After the first season, still rated 75. Goes up to 79 in the 2nd season.

David Stafford, Trailblazers. 6th pick in 1st draft. Rated 75 post draft. After the 1st season, rated 76. Still a 76 in the 2nd season.

Pisike Bajza, Washington. 7th pick in the 1st draft. Rated 79 post draft. After the 1st season, rated 80. 81 in the 2nd season.

Herb Cowens, Nuggets. 8th pick in the 1st draft. Rated 73 post draft. After first season, rated 74. Up to 76 in the 2nd season.

Kent Milton, 76ers, 9th pick in the 1st draft. Rated 76 post draft. After first season, rated 76. Still a 76 in the 2nd season.

John Griffin, Warriors. 10th pick in the 1st draft. Rated 75 post draft. After first season, rated 76. Up to 77 in the 2nd season.

In the 2nd draft, Fernando Santiago was taken 1st by the Raptors. He was rated 77 post draft.

Knox was taken 2nd by the Bobcats. Rated 77 post draft.

McLeod was taken 3rd by the Lakers. Rayed 77 post draft.

Posey was taken 4th by the Hornets. Rated 73 post draft.

Jeffrey Faulk was taken 5th by the T'Wolves. He is rated 74 post draft.

I'm also going to follow Andrew Bogut who starts at a 79 rating in the beginning of the franchise.

Also, I'll track Shaq's decline. At the start of my real franchise, He is 33 and rated 96. Ny the end of the second season at the age of 36, he has dropped down to a 86 rated player.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:14 PM   #625
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the end of the second season, the Pistons beat the Heat in 7 to advance to the Finals. The Rockets sweep the Mavericks in 4 to advance from the West.

The Rockets beat the Pistons in 6 in the Finals.

Tracy McGrady wins the MVP of the Finals with 25.1 ppg, 8.7 rpg, and 6.9 apg. Yao did well also with 21 ppg, 12.2 rpg, and 2.1 apg.

14 players retire at the end of the year. The most yet. The youngest is my backup point guard, T. Best. The oldest is Payton at 40.

Webber's contract is finally up! I don't renew it.

However, Andre Iguodala's deal is also up. He wants 5 years for 51 million. I don't mess around and give him what he wants.

This along with renewing Salmons deal for 3 years for a total of 9 million dollars puts me well over the cap again..

I also sign Carlos Delfino to a new 3 year deal.

I finally decide to let Bradley go as I have two promising young PF's.

I also don't renew my 2nd round pick Dell Campbell's deal.

I decide to give my 2nd round pick from my first draft, Wayne Hart another 1 year deal at 360k.

This offseason, Portland has the highest chance of getting the 1st pick. The Hornets are 4th. Despite their 2 high draft picks, the Raptors have a 19.9% chance of getting the 1st pick.

I don't get lucky, and I keep the 13th pick.

Portland's 25% pays off and they get the 1st pick. The Hornets finally get lucky and move up to the #2 pick.

Surprisingly, the Spurs get the 5th pick. I didn't realize they had such a poor season.

One thing that I've noticed that I forgot to mention - all fake rookies, actually have pictures which is nice.

I'm not going to focus on the draft as I already have enough guys to draft, but a star SG who is compared to McGrady went 1st.

Meanwhile, I got a SG at #13 from Notre Dame named Tomas Holloway. He is 6'8 237 pounds. He is already 22, but he is very refined according to my scouts. My scouts feel he is probably the best outside shooter in the draft. He takes a 3 year deal worth a little over 8.5 million.

I took a PG from Florida named Ray Clayton in the 2nd round. He is compared to Moochie Norris, which I don't think is a good thing. He takes a 1 year deal worth 400k.

Coming into camp, Tomas Holloway is already rated a 79! I think I got my first steal of this draft.

With Webber off the books, I feel like I finally have a team capable of competing for the playoffs at least. I decide to look to see if anyone who might help us is available for the midlevel exception..

Louis Williams is still a free agent! He still won't even negotiate with me.

Vince Carter is the highest profile FA. He reportedly wants 16 million/year.

Luol Deng is offended when I offer him the 5 million dollar deal. He tells me not to contact him again.

There is no one else that is worthy of the exception that will help the team in my opinion.

Ruben Patterson is willing to sign a minimal sal deal with us for 1 year and I take him on as well as a backup PG named Adam Benson.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:26 PM   #626
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Blazers ended up signing Webber for 4 years for a total of just under 15 million dollars.

The Raptors signed Luol Deng to a 5 year deal worth 42 million.

The last day of FA, the Raptor signed Vince Carter to a 5 year deal worth 84 million.

We went 6-2 in Pre-Season and I'm optimistic about the season.

Iverson has dropped 2 more points down to 93 at the age of 33.

Iguodala continues to improve and is now rated 87.

Shaq is now down to an 83 rating at the age of 36.

Todd Jameson, my 2nd year 1st round pick is now up to 79.

A. Kolomak, Raptors, is now rated 87 after pre-season.

G. Kelly, Bucks is now rated 86.

Morris is a relative bust for the lakers at 76.

Gooding, Bulls, is rated 76.

Jacobsen, Hawks, is rated 83.

Stafford, Blazers, is rated 78.

Bajza, Wash, is rated 82.

Cowens, Nuggets, is rated 78.

Milton, 76ers, is 77.

Griffin, Warriors, is up to 79.

The 2nd draft class:

Santiago, Raptors, is only up to 78.

Knox, Bobcats, is rated 81.

McLeod, Lakers, is rated 79.

Posey, Hornets, is up to 74.

Faulk, T'Wolves, is up to 76.

Entering his 4th year, Bogut is up to a 91.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-02-2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:48 PM   #627
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

At the beginning of the 4th year, the Lakers make a slightly odd trade as they give up Luke Walton (SF 76) for an aging Sprewell (SG, 79.)

We have a successful 10-4 first month.

We go 8-6 in our second month.

In January, The Cavs traded D. Gooden (PF, 82) to the Hawks for J. Childress (SG 80)

At the end of January, we are leading the Atlantic with a 31-13 record.

The Nuggets offered me James Posey for Korver. I turn it down.

We lost Iverson for most of Feb (causing him to miss the All-Star Game) but we still went 9-3 for the month!

Lebron won the MVP Award. He averaged 30.1 ppg, 9.8 rpg, 7.6 apg, 2.5 spg, and 1.0 bpg.

Lester Mullin of the Spurs won the Rookie of the Year Award. 14.3 ppg, 5.7 rpg, 4.2 apg, 1.5 spg, and 0.3 bpg.

Danny Granger of the Pacers won the 6th man of the year award. 15.8 ppg, 6.4 rpg, 3.5 apg, 33.2 mpg, 0 starts.

Stoudemire won the Defensive Player of the Year Award. He had 29.8 ppg, 14.4 rpg, 2.9 apg, 1.3 spg, 1.9 bpg.

Maurice Williams won Most Improved Player. Gain of 5.8 ppg to 8.9 ppg, gain of 3.6 apg for a total of 7.1 apg.

The All-NBA First Team:

PG: Arenas
PG: Stoudemire
C: Yao

Howard and Bogut made the 2nd team.

Maurice Cheeks won the Coach of the Year for guiding us to a 57-25 record.

Brent Harrison robbed me of the Executive of the Year. He helped the Cavs go 52-30.

There weren't any other trades the whole year after the one I mentioned.
Old 12-02-2005, 09:51 PM   #628
dervack
College Prospect

Dammit Eaglesfan. The store I have the credit at has the game, but I won't be able to make it there til Monday. Is there anyway that you can stop posting about 2K6 till I get it?
Old 12-02-2005, 09:53 PM   #629
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstelmack
You bought the game at Sears and then exchanged it at WalMart? Really? That sounds like the type of abuse of the return system that causes retailers to make it tougher and tougher to make legitimate returns / exchanges.

Nah, it's the people who steal games, and then try to return them to the store they stole from, that makes it tougher and tougher to make returns and exchanges. Some place like Wal-Mart will sell the game anyway.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:01 PM   #630
WrongWay
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Nah, it's the people who steal games, and then try to return them to the store they stole from, that makes it tougher and tougher to make returns and exchanges. Some place like Wal-Mart will sell the game anyway.
Really, how about the people who buy the game from Wal~Mart for 29.99 and return the game to Sears for 35.99?

Isn't this basically what you just did?

Last edited by WrongWay : 12-02-2005 at 10:08 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:06 PM   #631
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We beat the Raptors in 6 games in the 1st round.

Despite, our new solid PF being injured in the 3rd game, we take the Bobcats out in 5 in the 2nd round.

We beat the Pacers in 6!

We end up facing the Suns in the Finals.

We lost Steven Hunter, our backup center, for the playoffs and Game 1. Final score 114-101.

We lose the 2nd game 102-100.

We lost the 3rd game 114-105.

The Suns beat us 110-104 to complete the sweep.

A quick look at league leaders:

PPG:

1. Lebron - 30.1
2. Stoudemire - 29.8
3. Arenas - 29.1
4. McGrady - 27.1
5. Nowitzki - 26.7

Iverson dropped to 23.7ppg

Bogut averaged 22.0 ppg along with 8.4 rpg.

Shaq is now 37. He averaged 13.8 ppg, 7.9 rpg, 1.0 bpg in 26 mpg.

RPG:

1. Howard - 14.7
2. Stoudemire - 14.4
3. Odom - 12.6
4. Blake - 12.1 (The draft pick is working out very well for Minnesota)
5. Marion - 12.0

APG:

1. Marbury - 9.0
2. Francis - 7.8
3. Hinrich - 7.7
4. Ridnour - 7.7
5. Lebron - 7.6

SPG:

1. Lebron - 2.5
2. Kirilenko - 2.4
3. Wade - 2.3
4. Arenas - 2.2
5. MGrady - 2.1

BPG:

1. Brand - 2.3
2. Kirilenko - 2.1
3. Howard - 2.0
4. Yao - 1.9
5. Stoudemire - 1.9

Minutes per game:

1. Lebron - 42.3
2. Kirilenko - 42.1
3. McGrady - 42.1
4. J. Johnson - 41.4
5. Artest 41.3

Iverson had some injuries and he dropped to 35mpg.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:07 PM   #632
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:
Really, how about the people who buy the game from Wal~Mart for 29.99 and return the game to Sears for 35.99?

I don't believe Sears will take it back without a reciept, and besides, as a Company, I'd rather lose the 6 dollars there, than have some kid steal a 59.99 game, and get full credit back for the game if he returns it a different day.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:08 PM   #633
dervack
College Prospect

Quote:

I didn't do it.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:15 PM   #634
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Stoudemire won MBP of the Finals. He averaged 30 ppg, 12.1 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.5 spg, and 1.8 bpg against us.

11 players retired. The oldest was Cassell and Laettner at 40. Othella Harrington was the youngest at 35. Shaq is hanging around still.

However, Sprewell retired. I guess that trade might have given the Lakers some cap room.

Gregg Popovich of the Spurs retired.

Randy Myers my assistant coach *might* have improved (I don't remember him being good in 2 categories.) I decide to extend his deal for 3 more years rather than get a new assistant.

Iverson's huge contract is up. He is now 34 and clearly starting to decline. The only problem is he wants a relatively big 6 year deal. I try to back it down to 5, and he tells me that I have to sign me for 6 or he doesn't want to sign. He is asking for 78 million over 6 years which is actually a slight pay cut for him...

I then try to offer him 6 years for 61 million. He declines that offer.

I offer him 63 million for 6 years. This is going to be my final offer at this time. I know that his decline is about to happen...

He declines that offer. I decide I will let all of my guys test out free agency. I might still get Iverson, but I won't pay him that much..

Meanwhile I have 11 million in cap room, perhaps I can get a younger star/super star.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:16 PM   #635
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dervack
Dammit Eaglesfan. The store I have the credit at has the game, but I won't be able to make it there til Monday. Is there anyway that you can stop posting about 2K6 till I get it?

Sorry..

Although I will probably go to sleep in 2 hours
Old 12-02-2005, 10:40 PM   #636
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Minnesota has the best chance at the 1st pick with Boston and New Orleans also having high chances..

Despite having low chances, the Bucks get the 1st pick. Memphis also gets lucky and moves into the #2 slot.

We are picking 29th which is by far our lowest slot. It will be interesting to track a late round pick and see how he develops..

The Bucks take Lester Schayes, a 6'7 240 pound SF from Washington State who is compared to Shawn Marion. However, my scouts think he will be a bust. He might be worth following too..

I end up drafting Eduardo Chavez from Mexico in the 1st round. The 24 year PG has a silky smooth shot according to my scouts and is a decent passer. Chavez is rated 72 coming into camp.

He takes a 3 year deal worth 2.3 million.

My second round pick takes the minimum which is up to 380k. The League Minimum and the Salary Cap are both going up slowly.

Entering Free Agency, Iverson is the best free agent. Nash is next best, but he is even older at 35.

Garrett Kelly who is now rated 87 is testing FA, but I don't really need a PF.

Larry Hughes is available, but he isn't as good as Iverson and wants more money than Iverson.

Cool! Now that Iverson has hit FA, he is willing to settle for a 5 year deal. I offer him a 5 year deal worth 55 million. He won't even consider it. He wants more money. I decide I can't let him go. I offer him 5 years and 60 million.

Crud, I let Kent Milton go into FA and apparently Waived my rights to him. I'd have to use my Bird Exception if I want to sign my former 1st rounder. Lesson here is don't let guys go into free-agency. Re-sign them sooner rather than later.

After going back and forth, I use my exception on Milton, because there are no other quality backup PF's available and he could still develop nicely.

Kurt Thomas, Eduardo Najuera, and Norm Columbus (a former 2nd round pick) are all willing to sign min sal deals and our depth isn't looking so bad after all.

Other big signings:

Steve Nash to the Nets for 5 years and 30 million.

The Suns have a pair of lethal weapons in the front court after signing Garrett Kelly to a 5 year deal worth 60 million.

The Cavs added Larry Hughes for 5 years and 51 million.

The Suns added Marquis Daniels for 5 years and 43 million dollars.
Old 12-02-2005, 10:52 PM   #637
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After Pre-Season in the 5th season:

Iverson has dropped another point down to 92 at the age of 34.

Iguodala continues to improve and is now rated 89 (up 2 points from last year.)

Shaq continues to decline and is now rated 81 at the age of 37.

Todd Jameson, my 2nd year 1st round pick is now up to 80 (1 increase from last year.)

A. Kolomak, Raptors, is now rated 91 (up 4 more points. The Raptros locked him up with a 6 year 76 million dollar deal during the offseason.)

G. Kelly has gone to the Suns in free agency. He is now rated 90 (up 3 points.) He and Stoudemire are going to be a fearsome frontcourt.

Morris only went up to 77 (up 1 point.) The Lakers still extended his deal for 4 more years.

Gooding, Bulls, is rated 79 (up 3 points.) The Bulls extended him with a 5 year deal worth 35 million.

Jacobsen, Hawks, is rated 86 (up 3 points.) The Hawks gave him a new 6 year deal worth 75 million.

Stafford, Blazers, is rated 79 (up 1 point.)

Bajza, Wash, is rated 82. He had no gain during the past year.

Cowens, Nets, is rated 80 (up 2 points.) He went to the Nets in the offseason from the Nuggets.

Milton, 76ers, is 78 (up 1 point.)

Griffin, Nets, is up to 81 (up 2 points.) He also went to the Nets in the offseason from the Warriors.

The 2nd draft class:

Santiago, Raptors, is only up to 79 (up 1 point) The big man averaged 13.7 ppg and 7.6 rpg last season. So far, the #1 pick isn't living up to the Shaq comparision.

Knox, Bobcats, is rated 86 (up 5 points from last year! I believe that is the biggest gain I've seen in one season.)

McLeod, Lakers, is rated 83 (up 4 points.)

Posey, Hornets, is up to 79 (also up 5 points.)

Faulk, T'Wolves, is up to 77 (1 point gain.)

Entering his 5th year, Bogut is up to a 95 (gain of 4.)

My 24 year old 1st round pick (29th overall) from this year came into camp with 72 rating and remains at 72 after pre-season. Eduardo Chavez will only get a bit of PT this year probably.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 12-02-2005 at 10:54 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:01 PM   #638
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Having fun reading, EF.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2005, 11:11 PM   #639
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

We went 12-4 the first month. Iverson and Iguodala are excellent together.

The Warriors offered Zarko Cabarkapa for Kent Milton. It's one PF for the other, and there isn't much difference between the two. I turn down the deal.

A few minor trades this year in December. The most notable:

Celtics sent Dan Dickau (PG, 75) to the Magic for K Dooling (PG 75)

I still haven't seen one true superstar traded.

The Mavericks offered me Mack Columbus for Tomas Holloway. Holloway has been a bench guy for me so far, but he is growing. He is up to 81 in rating now. I decline the offer.

The Bobcats offered me Brevin Knight (PG) for Todd Jameson, my starting PF. Allen is still playing very good at the point for me. I turn down the offer.

The big trade at the deadline was the Spurs sending S. Telfair (PG, 79) to the Lakers for W. Simien (PF 81)

We lose quite a few games when Dalembert goes out with an injury and we have to start a scrub at Center. However, we still finish with a 55-27 record.

Lebron wins MVP again. He averaged 29.1 ppg, 10.7 rpg, 7.6 apg, 2.2 spg, and 1.2 bpg.

Herb Hudson of the T'Wolves won the Rookie of the Year. He averaged 17 ppg and 6.0 rpg alongside Garnett.

Lester Mullin of the Spurs won the Sixth Man of the Year. He put up 16.9 ppg, 7.7 rpg, and 4.5 apg in 32 mpg. He didn't start any games.

Dwight Howard won the Defensive Player of the Year. He averaged 21.2 ppg, 16.1 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.4 spg, and 2.3 bpg.

Alexander Floyd won most improved player. He increased his scoring average to 13.7 (up 10.1)

All NBA First Team:

PF: Dwight Howard
C: Bogut

Eduardo, my 1st round pick, averaged 3.7 ppg and 2.1 apg in 13.2 mpg which got him on the All Rookie Second Team.

Owen Blair, the new Jazz Coach, won Coach of the Year. He guided them to a 66-16 record.

Rob Jackson of the Rockets won the Executive of the Year. They finished 60-22.

We made the playoffs and face the Raptors in the 1st round again.

We beat the Raptors in 7.

The Magic beat us in 7 in the 2nd round.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:17 PM   #640
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Stat Leaders:

PPG:

1. Lebron - 29.1
2. Stoudemire - 27.9
3. Arenas - 27.7
4. McGrady - 26.5
5. R. Allen - 25.5

Iverson was 6th with 24.9 ppg.

Bogut was 8th with 23.2 ppg.

Shaq had 12.1 ppg, 6.8 rpg, 0.7 bpg in 23 mpg.

rpg:

1. Howard - 16.0
2. Al Jefferson - 12.7
3. Udonis Haslem - 12.5
4. Ellis Armstrong - 12.1
5. Josh Howard - 12.0

apg:

1. Marbury - 8.1
2. Maurice Williams - 7.9
3. Ridnour - 7.8
4. Hinrich - 7.7
5. Deron Williams - 7.7

Steals Per Game:

1. Tinsley - 2.5
2. McGrady - 2.3
3. Hughes - 2.3
4. Lebron - 2.2
5. Arenas - 2.2

blocks per game:

1. Howard - 2.3
2. Kirilenko - 2.1
3. Stoudemire - 2.0
4. Gasol - 1.9
5. Chandler - 1.9

Minutes per game:

1. Lebron - 42.6
2. McGrady - 41.9
3. Maurice Williams - 41.6
4. Arenas - 41.3
5. Kirilenko - 41.0

Iverson had 37.3 mpg for me with Iguodala taking over the lead with 39.4 mpg.
Old 12-02-2005, 11:40 PM   #641
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After beating me, the Magic beat the Hawks in 4.

The Rockets beat the Jazz in 5 to advance from the West. The Rockets won their 2nd championship in a row in 5 games.

McGrady again wins MVP of the Finals. 28.1 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 7.7 apg, 2.3 spg, 0.9 bpg.

10 players retired. The oldest was Lindsey Hunter at age 40. The youngest was M. Rose at 36.

My former 1st round pick Todd Jameson's contract is about to expire. He wants a 3 year extension for 12 million dollars. I talk him into making it 4 years at 16 million.

Korver wants a 4 year deal worth 21 million. I decide to keep him even though I think Tomas is ready to take over the 3 spot.

The only player who I don't resign is Eduardo Najera.

Minnesota has the best chance at the #1 pick with New Orleans and the Kings right behind them.

This time things play almost to form, but the Spurs get very lucky and move up to the #3 slot. I think they are really regretting trading Parker as they have been losing a lot since they gave him up.

With the 27th pick, I sign Tayfur Akyel from Turkey. He is a 6'6 220 pound SF who is reportedly very athletic.

Manu Ginobili is the most notable FA this year. Trace Falls a big PF from Canada is another notable FA.

The Spurs signed Trace Falls to a 5 year deal worth 50 million giving them a very strong front court.

However, they still haven't signed Manu who didn't get signed by anyone during the FA period (probably because he was asking for 80 million over 6 years.)

Manu finally went to the Bucks for their mid level exception as he priced himself out of most team's plans.

A few minor trades happened in the beginning of October. The most noticable was the Wolves sending F. Garcia (SG 81) to the Grizzlies for J. Blake (SF 81.)
Old 12-02-2005, 11:55 PM   #642
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After Pre-Season in the 6th season:

Iverson has dropped another point down to 91 at the age of 35.

Iguodala continues to improve and is now rated 91 (up 2 points from last year.)

Dalembert has started to decline despite only being 29. He went down to 82 from 84 last year.

Shaq continues to decline and is now rated 78 (-3) at the age of 38.

Todd Jameson, my 2nd year 1st round pick is now up to 81 (1 increase from last year.)

My 1st round pick from last year, Chavez went up 1 point to 73.

My 27th pick this year came into camp at 66 and has stayed at 66 at the end of pre-season.

A. Kolomak, Raptors, is now rated 95 (up 4 more points from last year.)

G. Kelly is now rated 94 (up 4 points.) He and Stoudemire are a fearsome frontcourt.

The Lakers became fed up with Morris and dealt him to the Heat for peanuts. He is still rated 77 and doesn't show any signs of improving. He is certainly appearing to be a bust in comparision to the other high picks.

Gooding, Bulls, is rated 80 (up 1 points)

Jacobsen, Hawks, is rated 89 (up 3 points.)

Stafford, Blazers, is rated 80 (up 1 point.)

Bajza, Wash, is rated 82. He had no gain during the past year.

Cowens, Nets, is rated 83 (up 3 points.)

Milton, 76ers, is 79 (up 1 point.)

Griffin, Nets, is up to 83 (up 2 points.) .

The 2nd draft class:

Santiago, Raptors, stayed at 79 (no change) The big man averaged 12.7 ppg (-1.0) and 7.0 (-0.6) rpg last season. So far, the #1 pick isn't living up to the Shaq comparision. He might be the biggest bust yet as far as #1 picks go in this career.

Knox, Bobcats, is rated 90 (up 4 points from last year. I think the Raptors might have preferred to have him at this point.)

McLeod, Lakers, is rated 84 (up 1 point - is he leveling off?)

Posey, Hornets, is up to 81 (up 2 points - slowing down in his gains.)

Faulk, T'Wolves, is up to 79 (2 point gain.)

Entering his 5th year, Bogut is up to a 96 (gain of 1.)

Another notable rookie from that class, Marvin Williams is up to 93 for the Hawks.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:29 AM   #643
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The Bulls have traded former #4 pick (of the Hornets) E. Gooding (PG 80) to the Nets for J. Griffin (SF 83) who was a former #10 pick of the same draft.

We are off to a good start in the season.

Just before the deadline, the Nuggets offered me Jason Terry for Dalembert. Terry is 34 and declining. Even though Dalembert is starting to decline, he is 5 years younger. Plus, I don't have another center that is good. I turn down the deal.

The Nets offered my Jason Kidd for my Starting Forward Jameson. Kidd is 38 and is a shadow of his self. Jameson is only 28 and is having one of his best seasons averaging 11.1 ppg and 8.5 rpg. I turn down the deal.

One thing I haven't mentioned. Guys can play with injuries if they aren't too serios. I've finally installed Holloway at SF this year. The young kid is putting up close to 20 per game, and I just had him play a month with a broken finger. His shooting percentage went down some, but he still put up about 14 a night during that time.

Speaking of which, Iverson hurt his wrist just before the playoffs are supposed to start. I'll be playing him despite that.

Some injuries absolutely will knock a guy out though.

Lebron won the MVP (AGAIN!) with 29.2 ppg, 11.2 rpg, 7.3 apg, 2.5 spg, and 1.3 bpg.

Glenn Griffin of the Kings (taken #5) won Rookie of the Year with 12.3 ppg, 8.4 rpg, 2.9 apg.

Freddie Jacobsen won 5th man of the year for the Hawks averaging 17.1 ppg, 5.9 rpg, 5.2 apg, in 34 mpg. 0 Starts.

Dwight Howard won Defensive Player of the Year Again. He averaged 25.5 ppg, 17.3 rpg, 2.3 apg, 1.6 spg, and 2.2 bpg.

Mark Chapman won most improved player of the year. He increased his scoring avg to 16.5 (up 8.3), rpg to 8.7 (up 6.7) and apg to 3.3 (up 2.2)

All NBA First Team:

SG: Wade (Kobe is starting to fade.)
PF: Howard
C: Bogut

Shaun Livingston of the Grizzlies was named to the 3rd team at PG.

Iguodala made the all NBA first defensive team.

Mike D'Antoni of the Suns won Coach of the Year for guiding them to a 65-17 record. With two super star forwards that isn't that hard.

Lance Alford of the Suns won Executive of the Year.

We made the playoffs and swept the Bulls in the 1st round.

The Bobcats knocked us out in 7 as Okafor was a monster in the series.

The Bobcats swept the Cavs in 4 in the Conference Finals.

The Rockets swept the Spurs in the Western Conference Finals. Tim Duncan is declining fast despite only being 34. However, his new star forward helped him have a nice season.

The Rockets were stopped from getting a 3 peat by the Bobcats which won it in 7!

Lynn Knox, the former #2 pick, was the finals MVP. He averaged 18.1 ppg, 8.3 rpg, 5.2 apg, 1.1 spg, and 1.0 bpg. He is only 25 and it will be interesting to see how much more he improves.

League Leaders:

PPG:

1. Stoudemire - 30.3
2. Arenas - 29.2
3. James - 29.2
4. McGrady - 25.7
5. Wade - 25.7

At age 39, Shaq averaged 12.2 ppg, 6.9 rpg, 0.7 bpg in 25.3 mpg.

Yao had 24.2 ppg, 10.3 rpg.

Bogut had 23.3 bpg, 11.1 rpg.

Iverson was my leading scorer with 22.7 ppg.

Marvin Williams put up 19.2 ppg, 9.2 rpg, and 5.0 apg.

RPG:

1. Howard - 17.3
2. Haslem - 12.2
3. Ellis Armstrong - 11.8
4. Chandler - 11.4
5. Lebron - 11.2

APG:

1. Ridnour - 8.4
2. Deron Williams - 8.3
3. Marbury - 8.0
4. Maurice Williams - 7.8
5. Lebron - 7.3

Steals per game:

1. Kirilenko - 2.6
2. Lester Mullin - 2.5
3. Lebron - 2.5
4. Arenas - 2.5
5. Hughes - 2.4

BPG:

1. Kirilenko - 2.6
2. Howard - 2.2
3. Wade - 2.0
4. Stoudemire - 2.0
5. Marvin Williams - 1.9

Minutes per game:

1. Kirilenko - 43.5
2. Joe Johnson - 42.1
3. Deron Williams - 42.0
4. Arenas - 42.0
5. Lebron - 42.0

Iguodala had 39.8 mpg. Iverson had 34.0 mpg
Old 12-03-2005, 01:02 AM   #644
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

14 players retired in the offseason including Shaq.

In fact, quite a few notables retired: Webber, Rasheed Wallace, Fisher, McKie, Damon Stoudamire, Glenn Robinson, Kittles, etc. The oldest player was Shaq at 39. The youngest was Lorenzo Wright who was 36.

I have a bunch of players with expiring contracts and I could open up some cap room. Howaever I think Tomas Holloway could be a star. He ended up averaging 17.5 ppg, 4.5 rpg, 3.3 apg, 1.5 spg last year as a starter. If I re-sign him that will eat up most of the cap room in which case I probably should re-sign my other guys.

The big star I could go after if I risked it would be Kirilenko who doesn't appear to be in the price range of the Jazz. However, they might still sign him.

Tony Parker might be available as well...

Tracy McGrady or Yao might be available as well...

Stoudemire might make it to FA as well..

I'm going to take a big chance and wait to re-sign my young SG/SF Holloway. I'll also be letting Dalembert enter into FA. He turned out to be a good, but not great C and he wants a large amount of money..

The Kings, Nuggets, and Celtics have the best shots at the #1 pick.

The Golden State Warriors were 9th, but they get lucky and get the 1st pick. The Kings get the 2nd pick and the Celtics get the 3rd pick.

With the 28th pick, I take a player my scout compares to Kwame Brown. Perhaps, I shouldn't have taken him, but he was scouted extensively and is a great rebounder and good enough inside defender that I could play him at Center if my plan falls apart..

Well, I gambled and lost. The Rockets signed both McGrady and Yao just before FA. In fact, all of the big names were locked up. Dalembert is the best true center, although I could get Gasol if I want to take a run at him. He is 31, but is a very good inside scorer. Howeer, Dalembert is a better overall defender, a better rebounder, and a better blocker.

I end up signing Holloway on the first day to a new 4 year deal worth 20 million. Dalembert refuses my offer of 5 years for 40 million.

Ok, this yellow bar definitely isn't that helpful in negotiations. It's not like Madden where you know exactly what a guy will take (unless you offer him exactly what he wants.)

Dalembert refused 5 years for 44 million. He wants a little over 46 million for 5 years.

Dalembert is playing hardball, I offered him 45 million for 5 years and he isn't budging from his demand for 46 million.

I finally give him what he wants. I've had luck negotiating with a few guys, but some guys won't give in.

I end up signing Jarrett Jack to be my backup PG under the midlevel exception.

Ridnour ended up moing to the T'Wolves for 5 years and 41 million.

The Nuggets paid Paul Gasol 60 million for 5 years.

The Nuggets signed Bruce Cheeks, a talented SF, to a 5 year 65 million dollar deal.

The Cavs signed an aging Jerry Stackhouse dirt cheap.

The Nuggets managed to unload Jason Terry (PG 82) to the Socis for C. Jennings (PF 76.)

Several other minor trades of under 70 rated guys.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:14 AM   #645
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

After Pre-Season in the 7th season:

Iverson has dropped another 2 points down to 89 at the age of 36.

Iguodala continues to improve and is now rated 92 (up 1 point from last year.)

Dalembert continues his decline at 30 (I'm double guessing myself on re-signing him) and he is down to 81 now (down 1 point.)

Shaq retired rated a 76 player at the age of 39.

Todd Jameson, my 2nd year 1st round pick is still an 81 (no change and he seems to be plateauing as a solid, but not great PF.)

My 1st round pick from last year, Chavez went up 1 point to 74, but he didn't do good enough to keep his job. Jarrett Jack is my primary backup PG behind Iverson now.

My 27th pick last year, SF Tayfur Akyel went up to a 68 (up 2 points.)

My 28th pick this year Nelson Schneider, a 22 year old PF who could play C came into camp rated 71 and has gone up to 73 already!

A. Kolomak, Raptors, is now rated 96 (up 1 more point from last year.)

G. Kelly is now rated 96 (up 2 points.) He and Stoudemire are a fearsome frontcourt.

Morris isn't being helped by the change of scenery with the Heat. He is still rated 77.

Gooding, now with the Nets, is rated 81 (up 1 points)

Jacobsen, Hawks, is rated 90 (up 1 points.) The Hawks have a great trio with him, Joe Johnson, and Marvin Williams. Nene at PF is no slouch either.

Stafford, Blazers, is rated 81 (up 1 point.)

Bajza, Wash, is rated 83 (up 1 point.)

Cowens, Nets, is rated 85 (up 2 points.)

Milton, 76ers, is 80 (up 1 point.)

Griffin, Bulls now, is up to 84 (up 1 point.)

The 2nd draft class:

Santiago, Raptors, went up to 80 (up 1 point.) The big man had his best season averaging 14.4 ppg and 7.1 rpg last season. So far, the #1 pick isn't living up to the Shaq comparision.

Knox, Bobcats, is rated 92 (up 2 points from last year. The MVP of the Finals continues to perfect his midrange jumper.)

McLeod, Lakers, is rated 86 (up 2 points - I guess I was wrong about him leveling off.)

Posey, Hornets, is up to 83 (up 2 points.)

Faulk, T'Wolves, is up to 82 (3 point gain.)

Entering his 7th year at age 27, Bogut stays at a rating of 96 (no change.)

Another notable rookie from that class, Marvin Williams is up to 94 (gain of 1) for the Hawks.

I hope to get through a few more seasons later this weekend. So far, I see no signs of precipitious drops in the generated or non-generated rookies. They seem to be progressing well.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:55 AM   #646
dervack
College Prospect

The stupidity of people will never cease to amaze me.... the following are excerpts from one article....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Some Idiot
XBox 360 games scratched?
DO NOT CHANGE THE POSITION OF YOUR XBOX 360 WHILE IT IS ON WITH A DISC IN THE DRIVE OR YOU RISK POTENTIALLY DAMAGING YOUR GAME DISC.

A growing number of Xbox 360 customers are reporting having problems with their disc's getting scratched by the DVD drive when switching the unit's position from vertical to horizontal and vise versa.

It didn't take long until the seriousness of the situation reared it ugly head right here in the Llamma's shop. I personally have experienced this issue not once but twice already.
Uh maybe you should have read the manual, where it says...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Microsoft
IMPORTANT
To avoid jamming the DVD drive and damaging discs or the Xbox 360 console:

* Remove discs before moving the console or tilting it between the horizontal and vertical positions.
* Never use cracked discs. They can shatter inside the console and jam or break internal parts.
* When the console is vertical do not use discs that are smaller the standard DVDs and CDs.

Same idiot follows again...
Quote:
Originally Posted by One of the stupidest people in the world
I wonder how many of us 360 owners read our manuals..lol. I guess this is a good example to do so in the future; not that it would have sunk in.

Ok, so maybe not everyone reads the manual of their new DVD player, but when you turn a system sideways and then notice it scratches your shit, chances are, YOU WOULDN'T DO IT AGAIN. And it gets better for this moron...

Quote:
Originally Posted by What a Tool
Though we are warned of the problem it is still a surprise how easy it can happen. It does not take much effort to ruin one of your games by doing this. Some feel its common sense to not move it while its running.. other probably don't know any better.

Uh you were warned it would happen. What did you think, that the person writing the manual was getting paid by the letter? If the manual says don't play the 360 under water, are you going to fill your tub and give it a shot. Fucking idiots.
Old 12-03-2005, 01:58 AM   #647
SackAttack
Head Coach

I think the key is the whole "remove discs before moving the console."

Some of us are so used to moving our Xboxes and PS2's around (and PS2 is a system that can go vertical), that it never even occurs to us "Hey, I better take that out first."

I've left mine vertical the whole time - and I didn't read the manual - but I don't know if that would have occurred to me to do. But yeah, once you've read the manual you should know better.
Old 12-03-2005, 02:04 AM   #648
WrongWay
Banned

Has anyone here had a problem with the heat? I keeping reading about all these "Blue Screens". Do you think there will be a redesign for the next batch of 360s to correct this problem?
Old 12-03-2005, 02:16 AM   #649
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Has anyone here had a problem with the heat? I keeping reading about all these "Blue Screens". Do you think there will be a redesign for the next batch of 360s to correct this problem?

Depends on how severe the problem is. I haven't had it happen.
Old 12-03-2005, 03:09 AM   #650
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I've read in a couple of different places that there are real issues if you put your X360 on the carpet as a lot of the ventillation is there and that's where the BSOD's are coming from.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote