Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-27-2005, 10:02 AM   #601
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

After skinning the freakin' cat yesterday... I am completely befuddled right now. Frankly I'm just too traumatized to vote for anyone. I'm not trusting anyone else in this game... everyone's apparently got some special power that keeps on popping up each day. What the hell.

This is long...

Here's my analysis.

Since I know I'm not an alien, and after carefully reading SirFozzie's post, CW was an alien and someone was converted last night? Jesus H. Christ. I'm going to say that Blade was a Chryssalid, and CW was probably the convert. Killing Peregrine and trying to nail me was pretty brilliant though. It almost got me killed. RA, you saved my ass... but maybe you did so just to keep everyone from seeing the bigger picture? Seems like there might be 2 Chryssalids who can convert people, and you're probably the 2nd... I think hoopsguy's line of thinking is correct... but with digamma fingering him out as an alien, I don't know what the hell is going on. Fouts, you pointed me, RA and hoopsguy and claim to be some kind of slave... and then digamma pops out to say that hoopsguy is an alien. Jesus H. Christ. As much as I'd like to think it, after yesterday's voting, I'm going to have to say that the guys who put in the swing votes for me are the only people I can really trust. And the guys who put in the last swing votes against me as aliens. Of course, we also have to remember that someone was converted last night. Specially with everyone popping up with superpowers and frikkin hidden abilities and whatnot. I'm not sure, I'm not fucking sure.

If you managed to go through that long-winded analysis. In the end, and in conclusion, I can't help but not trust anyone.

This sucks. I'll put in my vote later after some thinking, before I go to sleep.
Old 07-27-2005, 10:26 AM   #602
hoopsguy
General Manager

Neon, I think digamma was the bodyguard and was converted last night. That is the only thing I can think of that makes sense for him to come after me at this point based on my re-reading of his earlier posts. I was pretty certain he had a special role, but didn't want to press him because I was hoping the aliens had not picked up on it.

Guys, if I was converted the first night, then why on Day 2 would I have voted Blade? People were almost ready to lynch me because I was so persistent on this point. And he is a confirmed alien.

The next day Coffee Warlord is lynched. Although not a totally confirmed alien, the ecto count stayed the same with another conversion tonight. The only person vouching for Coffee as non-alien is Fouts, who has to be considered an extreme suspect at this point.

What I'm getting at here is that if I was converted on the first night, I'm doing a mighty fine job of voting aliens off the island. That shouldn't add up for anyone.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #603
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
The same way I know that you visited a special doctor when you were a child, and the result from that doctor trip was something not quite human. In essence, you hate your own skin. And you've vowed to get back at those who did it to you. That gives me hope you might be a good guy, trapped with alien blood.
I am a good guy, but that's quite a story. Last night, I suspected something was up with Fouts, so when I viewed him he was talking to you in a "strange language". Because I used my scanner on Peregrine, I wasn't able to scan you, but I can deduce that you are probably an alien as well as Fouts.

This is so strange, partly in fact because you hope that I might be a good guy? I am human through and through. You may be human, but I think you're working with them as a spy for the aliens...

I'm voting for either Fouts or yourself today. I'll be out of the office most of the afternoon, but I'll be back to see if you're really a spy. I can't believe that SirFoz would set us up this way with the odds stacked against us, but I'm hoping that maybe you're a double spy.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:27 AM   #604
hoopsguy
General Manager

Meanwhile, Fouts cast a critical vote for Schmidty, making it 5-3, on the first night. Leading to a confirmed human kill. But he is the innocent one here?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #605
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Fouts made an odd comment last night, to the effect that with the bodyguard dead (who he claimed to be CW), he was going to get turned into an alien tonight.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Mr. Wednesday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:29 AM   #606
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Did anyone else view Fouts last night?
Old 07-27-2005, 10:49 AM   #607
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
I am a good guy, but that's quite a story. Last night, I suspected something was up with Fouts, so when I viewed him he was talking to you in a "strange language". Because I used my scanner on Peregrine, I wasn't able to scan you, but I can deduce that you are probably an alien as well as Fouts.

This is so strange, partly in fact because you hope that I might be a good guy? I am human through and through. You may be human, but I think you're working with them as a spy for the aliens...

I'm voting for either Fouts or yourself today. I'll be out of the office most of the afternoon, but I'll be back to see if you're really a spy. I can't believe that SirFoz would set us up this way with the odds stacked against us, but I'm hoping that maybe you're a double spy.

Your stories just don't make sense and you haven't been telling the whole truth.

I asked if anyone else had felt their mind probed like Coffee Warlord had. I was hoping you would come forward and say yes, because, again, I was hoping you were a good guy.

I scanned you on night 2--you were the third person I was able to scan.

You remained silent.

Now, you won't admit that you had a doctor trip when you were younger.

I guess my hopes that you were somehow good, despite your bad experience just aren't true.

Your bit about Fouts talking to me in a strange language is just made up.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 10:57 AM   #608
Raiders Army
Coordinator

How is it made up? I viewed him, but I wasn't able to scan him since I used the one-time scanner on Peregrine. I don't know for a fact if he's an alien or not, like I don't know for sure you're an alien or not. All I know is what I heard...you and he were speaking in a strange language.

Obviously you wouldn't believe it, but was I right about Coffee Warlord being ectoplasmic? I was. And I think I'm right here as well...but it's not up for me to decide, but for other people.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM   #609
Neon_Chaos
Pro Starter

I'm off to bed. If I don't wake up early tommorow, this is going to be my vote. I WILL try to wake up early though, and see where all this debating is going... for now, I'm going to vote for the one guy who tried to turn the tide against me with some apparent late reveal... specially with CW being an alien. (if my interpretation of SirFozzie is correct, CW alien - 1 ectoplasm, someone converted +1 ectoplasm)

Vote Fouts
Old 07-27-2005, 11:02 AM   #610
digamma
Torchbearer

There's at least one more person who can back up hoopsguy being converted. I'll let him come forward when he is ready.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:11 AM   #611
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Neon, don't forget CW's claim that he was tainted -- registering on the scanners even though he claimed to be human.

Thanks to my FOFC Hattrick supporters - Blackout, Brillig, kingfc22, RPI-fan, Rich1033, antbacker, One_to7, ur_land, KevinNU7, and TonyR (PM me if you support me and I've missed you)
Old 07-27-2005, 11:42 AM   #612
hoopsguy
General Manager

Digamma - there are two people claiming that I'm converted (you and Fouts) and four aliens. So I would expect that there are actually two more people that you can call in to say I was converted.

I'm not going to try and attack your character because I believe your actions up until today were on the side of angels. But Fouts isn't responding to my question about the Schmidty vote. Heck, I challenge anyone to go back and review my posts and my voting record, compare them to Fouts, and try to come up with a good argument how I'm an alien and he is not.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:43 AM   #613
Swaggs
Coordinator

Interesting turn of events here.

Digamma, you either have insight that the rest of us do not or you are just trying to stir things up. Since you have been flying under the radar the whole game, I'm leaning toward the latter.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #614
hoopsguy
General Manager

I wasn't planning on spending this morning defending myself - part of the game, I know - but I think this is distracting from some of the game concepts that we need to win.

1.) There is still an alien who can convert out there - while digamma is spending time throwing stones at me as the convert (not him) it is distracting from our effort to nail that guy. He is the real threat here, since he can turn our own men against us.
2.) If the aliens have another conversion in them and we miss today then it is game over after tonights actions.

7-4, we miss, 6-4
6-4, they convert, 5-5

Unless there is an 'X-Com soldiers survive ties' clause out there (different from every other werewolf game) then we are dead if we miss today and the aliens have another conversion.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM   #615
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Also, somebody was converted last night...as by the screams and such. Was it dig?

I'm out for the rest of the afternoon..just a quick check in.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:47 AM   #616
hoopsguy
General Manager

In case I haven't made myself clear up until now ...

Vote Fouts

Only way this is changing is if someone can provide strong evidence that another one of the aliens is the Chryssalid.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #617
digamma
Torchbearer

I can also vouch for the veracity of CW's story regarding his ectoplasmic aura.

To make my reveal complete, I have the ability to use a PSI-Amp machine each night to scan one person. I can also share the result of that scanning with one person.

The individual I scan also knows they have been scanned.

Nigh zero I scanned Coffee. I did not share the result with anyone. He was a veteran X-Com warrior that gave off an ectoplasmic aura because of his proximity to the alien brain in the fighting at Cydonia.

Night one I scanned Peregrine. I shared my vision with Coffee Warlord. The result was that Peregrine was X-Com through and through.

Night two I scanned RaidersArmy. I shared the result of that scan above. I shared the result with Peregrine. Unfortunately, they knocked off Peregrine during the course of the night.

Last night I scanned hoopsguy. The result was that basically he entered the game X-Com, but is certainly not X-Com anymore. He is alien in a human shell. I shared that vision with someone as well. They can back me up.

Let me address some anticipated objections/questions...
Why didn't I back CW up more yesterday?
Three reasons:
1. I wasn't exactly sure how to interpret the ectoplasmic aura, and had concerns that it made him susceptible to conversion, particularly since we saw the ectoplasmic gauge go up after the first night. That concern was obviously alleviated last night when I scanned hoopsguy.

2. I was hopeful we could save CW without having to reveal my role. We were close, but failed in the end. Miscalculation on my part.

3. I thought it was too risky to put myself forward without having solid evidence that someone was an alien. Again, now I have that evidence on hoops.

Why come forward now?

1. I think that with both Fouts and I out there, we have some weapons/information about the bad guys--and we'll have that for at least one more night, I hope. They can only take us out one at a time, I'm hoping.

2. Numbers. We're down to 11 people, with probably 4 bad guys. We can't afford to make a wrong decision now.

So, Qwik, Vince, Jeeber, Swaggs, Wednesday, think about this. You've seen how quickly hoops, RA and Neon have aligned. One of you is obviously an alien as well.

I think this vote will tell us a lot.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:37 PM   #618
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, the paranoia can last only so long. I think that I fully believe digamma and CW. Their story is just too detailed to be made up. I'm going to be out a lot today, so I'm going to get my vote in early in case I can't get back.

I vote Neon_Chaos.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 12:40 PM   #619
digamma
Torchbearer

I'm willing to vote for Neon over hoopsguy. We just need to be united in our effort. They have clearly targeted Fouts.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:41 PM   #620
digamma
Torchbearer

dola...

Actually, I think I can only do that if Fouts can confirm Neon as an alien. I only have personal confirmation of hoopsguy, though Neon certainly appears to be playing the alien part.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:44 PM   #621
hoopsguy
General Manager

The interesting thing here is that I don't necessarily trust RA and Neon myself; there are other guys that I have considerably more faith in. You were on that list before this morning, Digamma. I'm expecting that when we are at the end game recap session that we will see one of those was an alien and I fully expect a post-6PM flip-flop from one of those guys on me since I seem to be the flavor of the day for alien speculation.

Makes sense to try and go after me, I guess. I have voted for an alien each and every night so far. I've tried to have a certain amount of clarity (A or B? Don't get confused by looking too much at periphery issues) with my thought process each morning. The only thing I don't get is that since I'm a revealed grunt why they wouldn't go after someone who has the power to hurt them.

We now have three people behind the CW ecto-aura story - the deceased alien who concocted it and two players that I am just about certain are aliens. I don't see room for this to be a misunderstanding, barring someone being able to put thoughts in Digamma's head that just are not true. Fouts? I know that is not a misunderstanding. Period. End of story.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:47 PM   #622
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
dola...

Actually, I think I can only do that if Fouts can confirm Neon as an alien. I only have personal confirmation of hoopsguy, though Neon certainly appears to be playing the alien part.

Well, if you're telling the truth, that means CW was NOT converted, because there had only been one conversion before your view of hoopsguy, and that made him it. If that's true, then we shouldn't go after hoopsguy, because we want to nail the Chryssalid. On top of that CW confirmed that Neon was the Chryssalid -- if he was telling the truth, we've got our man.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:49 PM   #623
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
I don't see room for this to be a misunderstanding, barring someone being able to put thoughts in Digamma's head that just are not true.

Hrm, mind control? It's possible in the video game, so we probably shouldn't discount it from Werewolf. Sigh, this is not going to be easy.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:50 PM   #624
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Well, if you're telling the truth, that means CW was NOT converted, because there had only been one conversion before your view of hoopsguy, and that made him it. If that's true, then we shouldn't go after hoopsguy, because we want to nail the Chryssalid. On top of that CW confirmed that Neon was the Chryssalid -- if he was telling the truth, we've got our man.

OK. I can go with that. I think we just have to be united in this one.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:51 PM   #625
Vince
Pro Starter

Although now that I think about it...

...in the game, a person converted by a chryssalid turns into a chryssalid after a period of time. So maybe hoopsguy is a good target afterall. Too much to think about...
Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #626
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Their story is just too detailed to be made up

Vince, they have had several days to work on it.

Part of the beauty and danger of a hidden roles game is that you can make the environment up to meet your reality. Kind of like the Matrix - need to jump from building to building? Free your mind. You are an alien that has been marked for death by the one known good guy in the game? OK, I'm an ecto but a good ecto. Go kill the real aliens (wink, wink).

We don't have complete information on who was good or bad, so I would expect the aliens to go to some lengths on their storytelling here. They have all the advantages in this area because we are trying to play within the confines of our roles, but if we reveal a role they change the story, paint another layer of complexity, continue to build doubt.

If RA, Neon, and I are united in voting for Fouts, could it just possibly be because we (or at least two of us?) aren't really aliens and have to believe that the person targeting all three of us is? Would it be better for appearances if I moved my vote over to Digamma? I think it would be better for the aliens, because we aren't getting the guy who is converting X-Com soldiers.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #627
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
We now have three people behind the CW ecto-aura story - the deceased alien who concocted it and two players that I am just about certain are aliens. I don't see room for this to be a misunderstanding, barring someone being able to put thoughts in Digamma's head that just are not true. Fouts? I know that is not a misunderstanding. Period. End of story.

No mind controlling going on in my book. I've been able to choose the people I've scanned.

Makes perfect sense that you don't want to admit you felt that you were scanned last night. That would give me credibility.

You play this game well, and that made you a perfect target for conversion. You were posting a lot, so it gave you some initial credibility. Then you were able to continue posting a lot without people being thrown on your scent. Fortunately, I've been able to independently sniff you out via PSI-Amp scannage. Green on the outside; black and red on the inside. Alien in human skin.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:56 PM   #628
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:

If RA, Neon, and I are united in voting for Fouts, could it just possibly be because we (or at least two of us?) aren't really aliens and have to believe that the person targeting all three of us is? Would it be better for appearances if I moved my vote over to Digamma? I think it would be better for the aliens, because we aren't getting the guy who is converting X-Com soldiers.

That could be, but that's the beauty and the necessity of the numbers game right now--it kind of forces you guys to make a stand. I've shared what I know about you and RA. I don't have first hand knowledge of Neon yet.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #629
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Quote:
Part of the beauty and danger of a hidden roles game is that you can make the environment up to meet your reality.
Indeed, the creatures pulled this off to great effect in VI.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:30 PM   #630
Achilles
n00b

FYI, as a reader i find i interesting to note that after revealing blade to be an alien, and getting the bodyguard cw killed(sounds like the aliens won there...lose one to take out x-com's protector), qwikshot has been nigh heared from...seems odd that after beign a big reason cw got killed, he has gone silent recently...you would think he would be able to offer up some key insights...

Also, besides a voting order post, kingfc said he would be around all day and i havent seen a peep yet. Just seems interesting from a reader standpoint that players like those two, and to some extent mr. wednesday, are flying under everyones radar. Not implying anything to either side, as im a reader and that unfair, but just adding my food for thought.
Achilles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 01:38 PM   #631
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

In addition to voting for Schmidty (by mistake) and Neon_Chaos... I've at least considered Vince, kingfc22, Digamma, Fouts, Peregrine (incorrectly), and CW. I still haven't decided who my candidates are for today, aside from Neon_Chaos (again), digamma, and hoops.

I've been pretty active, and might have been on the block yesterday if not for the CW/Neon_Chaos blow-up due to my voting history.

As far as votes are concerned... the only people that I can see who have not picked up a vote at any point are myself (despite receiving some discussion, and deservedly so) and Raiders Army. Qwikshot (day 1) has only received one vote, for obvious reasons (although I would be concerned about him as a conversion target... he's getting dangerous for the aliens to leave around, especially if CW in fact was not an alien), as has Vince (voted by kingfc22 on day 3).

Old 07-27-2005, 01:39 PM   #632
kingfc22
Head Coach

So with CW dying and red blood spilling, I'm going to have to believe he WAS a human. With that said, only one person has lynched a human more than once.

Vote Raider's Army
Old 07-27-2005, 01:41 PM   #633
hoopsguy
General Manager

Glad we are providing you an entertaining read, Achilles. Hope I'm able to be part of the story tomorrow.

Digamma, I'm not sure how to argue with you on this - I had thought you were the bodyguard but I'm willing to buy into the idea that you were the seer. But since you are targeting me now I have no way of believing you are who you say you are today.

I don't see a resolution forthcoming between Digamma and I - one of us is lying. I'm hoping that the remaining people who have been on the fence watching this drama unfold will take note that Fouts has effectively disappeared. I've got to believe that the remaining aliens put a muzzle on him today so he wouldn't type too much. Re-read his posts, look for tells within them. I've asked about his voting patterns and gotten no response. Ask yourself where in the first three days he provided any reason for you to believe his accusations. If you don't find any, then ask again why you would follow him.

There are two others out there that I'm trying to figure out - probably one who is laying low and another who I'm going to be kicking myself for not targeting earlier in the process.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #634
kingfc22
Head Coach

Ok, I was silent after night 1 when the first conversion happened. I heard the screams. My scanner viewed blade, hoop's guy and peregrine and the computer told me that there was one in that group who did not belong. It turned out to be Blade...

So last night, there was another conversion and my scanner viewed hoop's guy, digamma and vince. This group came up negative for Chryssalid traces. But I think we all agree that there are more than one type of alien.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:46 PM   #635
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

Among my immediate suspects:
Neon_Chaos voted for Qwikshot on day 1, Swaggs on day 2 (never unvoting after Qwik's reveal), and CW on day 3. We don't know, for sure, what CW was, so it's hard to classify the last one.

Hoops voted for Blade on day 1, Blade again on day 2 (after going back and forth a couple of times, with the final in-favor happening before Qwik's reveal), and CW on day 3 (giving CW a two-vote margin over Neon). It's obvious to me that he was still acting as X-COM on day 2. After that, we have digamma saying he's been converted -- would he still have been acting as X-COM on day 2 if he was the first conversion? Can Digamma's account be squared with a night 3 conversion?

Digamma voted for Schmidty on day 1 (giving him three votes at a time when three others had one), Blade on day 2 (right after Qwikshot's reveal, and in quick succession after first voting for Neon_Chaos), and Neon on day 3 (bringing him within one vote of CW, although I'm not sure how much time there was for someone to flip-flop at that point).

Old 07-27-2005, 01:50 PM   #636
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

At some point, I really need to go back through what people have said, not just how they've voted -- I think there may be some clues to be had that way. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do that right now, and probably won't have time for it today.

Old 07-27-2005, 01:56 PM   #637
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Glad we are providing you an entertaining read, Achilles. Hope I'm able to be part of the story tomorrow.

Digamma, I'm not sure how to argue with you on this - I had thought you were the bodyguard but I'm willing to buy into the idea that you were the seer. But since you are targeting me now I have no way of believing you are who you say you are today.

I don't see a resolution forthcoming between Digamma and I - one of us is lying. I'm hoping that the remaining people who have been on the fence watching this drama unfold will take note that Fouts has effectively disappeared. I've got to believe that the remaining aliens put a muzzle on him today so he wouldn't type too much. Re-read his posts, look for tells within them. I've asked about his voting patterns and gotten no response. Ask yourself where in the first three days he provided any reason for you to believe his accusations. If you don't find any, then ask again why you would follow him.

There are two others out there that I'm trying to figure out - probably one who is laying low and another who I'm going to be kicking myself for not targeting earlier in the process.

Fair enough. I'm pretty sure it's you who is lying. Green on the outside. Black and red (and malevolent black and red at that) on the inside. Alien in a human shell.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:57 PM   #638
digamma
Torchbearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
So with CW dying and red blood spilling, I'm going to have to believe he WAS a human. With that said, only one person has lynched a human more than once.

Vote Raider's Army

kingfc, if you are human, we really need to unite behind one target here.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:08 PM   #639
hoopsguy
General Manager

Digamma, I'm not impressed by your color chart. You have repeated this a couple of times now.

If you really are the seer, is there any other way that you can read this other than me as an alien? I don't have any way to interpret that result versus other results you have seen. I'm think I'm going WAY out on a limb here to believe you are who you say you are and not the convert.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:10 PM   #640
hoopsguy
General Manager

Mr. Wednesday, the only time I wavered on Blade was when I was under attack for being so stubborn in my pursuit of him. I didn't want to get lynched, so at one point I offered to back away if the rest of the group was convinced I was heading down the wrong path. It was an attempt to show good faith - I don't think I ever pulled the vote back after Peregrine speculated about the grunt story swap. I believe I was first on him the whole way.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #641
hoopsguy
General Manager

Fwiw, I do think that one of Neon and Raiders are probably enemies as well - just not sure which one. Neon has had an awful lot of pressure on him the last two days and managed to survive. Raiders certainly isn't the grunt he was playing himself off to be - I'm not sure what he is, however.

If it comes down to it I'll be willing to cast our vote for either of those guys if you have strong reasons to believe they are the Chryssalid. For now, my money still says that Fouts is the 2nd Chryssalid in the pack of aliens.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:13 PM   #642
Fouts
College Starter

Ok, I'm surprised they didn't convert me last night. I believe they didn't get digamma either. The rest of you.. who knows. They don't talk to me anymore because I spilled the beans trying to save CW.

Neon_Chaos is the one who converts people. He needs to die.

I vote Neon_Chaos
Fouts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #643
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Digamma, I'm not impressed by your color chart. You have repeated this a couple of times now.

If you really are the seer, is there any other way that you can read this other than me as an alien? I don't have any way to interpret that result versus other results you have seen. I'm think I'm going WAY out on a limb here to believe you are who you say you are and not the convert.

This is throwing me off, too. Digamma had been under the radar and is now breaking the silence. Maybe he has been observing, but I don't know if I buy his role. It seems like if he is in communication with the three other ectos, one of them can easily "validate" his information.

I am going to hold off voting until I see what Fouts has to say. It is important that we all vote today, because it looks like the aliens may almost have the numbers to swing things if they vote together.

This is a tougher game than normal with all the unknown roles and powers.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #644
kingfc22
Head Coach

UNVOTE Raider's

I think this is a mistake and that we are targeting the wrong guy, but I will wait and see.

And where is Qwik? I think it would be a great ploy for the aliens to convert him because we ALL believe that he is good and would take for granted anything he says at this point.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:24 PM   #645
hoopsguy
General Manager

Swaggs, I ran the numbers in a post earlier. Here was my summary.

One wrong vote + one conversion = even numbers = game over?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:25 PM   #646
Vince
Pro Starter

I think the absolute ONLY way to interpret last night is that Qwik has been converted. He's too powerful for the aliens to leave lying around. His ability is way too good of a weapon for the good guys to have.

That being said, I don't think we can do anything about it...lynching him if he hasn't been converted would be tantamount to suicide, and there are much more threatening aliens out there.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:26 PM   #647
hoopsguy
General Manager

Agreed, King. I think we are at the point where we can't treat Qwik as an absolute. Whether he was converted or not, we lost a valuable edge last night with that certainty gone.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #648
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Swaggs, I ran the numbers in a post earlier. Here was my summary.

One wrong vote + one conversion = even numbers = game over?

I think you are right.

We need to vote as a bloc tonight, as well. If we split our vote for the wrong person, the aliens can railroad us with their vote and we will be in a very bad spot.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:27 PM   #649
Mr. Wednesday
Pro Starter

And furthermore, if CW was actually the bodyguard, they would risk Qwik assuming the role.

Hoops, you'll note that despite my noting of the wavering on Blade, it all happened before Qwik's reveal so I considered it completely above-board. I don't know if you're X-COM now, but I'm 100% convinced you were X-COM on day 2.

Old 07-27-2005, 02:28 PM   #650
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
I think the absolute ONLY way to interpret last night is that Qwik has been converted. He's too powerful for the aliens to leave lying around. His ability is way too good of a weapon for the good guys to have.

That being said, I don't think we can do anything about it...lynching him if he hasn't been converted would be tantamount to suicide, and there are much more threatening aliens out there.

Well, I guess I should say we THINK there are much more threatening aliens out there -- we know that there is at least one who is converting us to aliens, or taking us under alien control.