Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 04-07-2015, 08:32 PM   #601
miami_fan
Coordinator

NCAA official -- Refs didn't see TV broadcast view of out-of-bounds video replay

I prefer the conspiracy angle much more than this if this is the actual truth.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:47 PM   #602
Groundhog
Coordinator

I have to believe that's true because I'm assuming the commentators were watching the refs feed rather than what we were seeing given they also couldn't see the obvious finger movement.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:15 PM   #603
Kodos
Resident Alien

But the commentators did mention seeing the ball turn from his finger hitting it.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:19 PM   #604
Groundhog
Coordinator

I don't remember hearing that - although we also had the joy down under of having the Spanish audio feed bleed into the US audio commentary feed for most of the second half of the game.
Old 04-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #605
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
If we can't complain about people saying F' Frank Kaminsky, can we at least talk about how classless Bo Ryan has been in his post-game comments?

I wondered if anyone else noticed that or if I was just a grumpy old S.O.B.

I also wondered whether that post-game hallway interview was par for his course or if that was just a one-off really whiny thing.
Old 04-08-2015, 07:55 AM   #606
Kodos
Resident Alien

Bo knows whining.
Old 04-08-2015, 09:45 AM   #607
HomerSimpson98
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by miami_fan View Post
NCAA official -- Refs didn't see TV broadcast view of out-of-bounds video replay

I prefer the conspiracy angle much more than this if this is the actual truth.

hmmmmmm. I thought they just reviewed the broadcast feed??? How many times have we seen the refs watching themselves on the monitor after a replay on their little monitors??
HomerSimpson98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:09 AM   #608
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, if you believe the guy the conclusive angle was shown juuuuust after the refs walked away, and he almost called them back but decided against it. I don't buy it as I think it was pretty conclusive before that (should have been obvious from the first replay I saw), I think they just missed the call.

And that gets to the complete absurdity of having the refs review a broadcast feed on a tiny screen at the side of the court with both coaches, teams and the world watching. The NCAA doesn't make enough money to have a couple of guys in a situation room watching it with a DVR and a few 60 inch TV's?
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2015, 10:30 AM   #609
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Bo's comments regarding the reffing calling the game looser for his team vs the second half is accurate. If you watch the first half, his team played barely any different defensively. He admitted this his players didn't adjust to the referees and he said that he didn't like the major differences between the two halves with the difference of the way it was reffed. I agree with the sentiment.

If you watch it again, the Badgers were called for tiny bumps in the second half, whereas Duke was allowed to ride coattails of Badger players while they were dribbling.

The game was a great one. I don't really have a sour taste, if you have a 9 point lead, you should be able to overcome whatever is thrown at you. Duke played greatdown the stretch, Badgers did not.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote