Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-23-2011, 04:05 PM   #601
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Wow. Someone point that co-worker to the USGS site please.

Yeah, I'm tempted to comment on her post and remind her about logartihmic scales...

But she's also the type to take everything as a personal attack and frankly I don't have the energy for the drama. Just gonna ignore it.

Of course, the other "funny" thing is that I'm sitting next to my mom so I read it out to her and first thing my mom says is, "wow, the public education system failing us..." and I have to reminder her that this person is my age and I went to all public schools...

For the record, the poster is an admin at work.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 04:13 PM   #602
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by terpkristin View Post
Yeah, I'm tempted to comment on her post and remind her about logartihmic scales...

But she's also the type to take everything as a personal attack and frankly I don't have the energy for the drama. Just gonna ignore it.

Of course, the other "funny" thing is that I'm sitting next to my mom so I read it out to her and first thing my mom says is, "wow, the public education system failing us..." and I have to reminder her that this person is my age and I went to all public schools...

For the record, the poster is an admin at work.

/tk

I don't blame you. Pick your battles.

She probably wouldn't get it anyway if you tried to explain it to her even if she didn't think you were picking on her.

An admin. I can only imagine some of the emails that come from that address.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:44 PM   #603
MJ4H
Coordinator

still peeling from my sunburn, it must of been bad if my gyno noticed.

wat
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:31 AM   #604
JediKooter
Coordinator

What's her number?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 08-25-2011, 10:39 AM   #605
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
still peeling from my sunburn, it must of been bad if my gyno noticed.

MJ4H,

This is the pathetic facebook posts thread, not the random thoughts that don't deserve their own thread thread.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:02 AM   #606
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post

wat

This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM   #607
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
MJ4H,

This is the pathetic facebook posts thread, not the random thoughts that don't deserve their own thread thread.

no

my gyno didnt notice
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 09:14 PM   #608
sabotai
General Manager

Woman Always Really Excited To Be In Whatever Relationship Status She's Currently In | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Thought this was funny and made me think of this thread.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 05:49 PM   #609
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

This is a twitter thing, but it cracked me up.

This tense-looking woman in Whole Foods looks like she's gonna prepare a dinner that she thinks will save her marriage.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 11:41 PM   #610
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Aug 13

Quote:
LET ME SAY .......IT BETTER BE A GIRL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sept 6

Quote:
I have been forced to make decisions in my life. Please know the choices I have made I have thought long and hard about. These choices are not made out of hatred but only for protection. Protection from ones that will never love me and I cannot trust. I am sorry because I don't want to do this but its the only way. I have no other options

This girl probably doesn't need to have another kid, but I'd say it's a little bit TMI to announce a pregnancy and then allude to an abortion on facebook. But that's just me. I don't think I'm reading anything into this, either.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #611
Suicane75
Coordinator

Well, she warned it to be a girl.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:54 AM   #612
JediKooter
Coordinator

I recommend that her next trip out should be to get some birth control.

Old 09-16-2011, 09:40 AM   #613
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Child said to his mom, "Mommy, I colored your sheets with lipstick!" In anger she started to hit her child until he was unconscious. Then, she regretted what she had done, and crying said to her child, "Please open your eyes!" But it was too late, his tiny heart had stopped beating. When she walked into her bedroom, the sheet said "I LOVE YOU MOMMY. "Copy and paste this for 1 hour if you're against child abuse. I'm against child abuse, Are you..:*(

I've got one of those people on my friends list who posts one of these obnoxious "put this as your status for 1 hour or you are a horrible human being" posts every f*cking day. For the most part I've gotten to the point where I just ignore them, but this one just reeks of junior-high sentimentality and made me realize this person never grew up.
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 09:56 AM   #614
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DataKing View Post
I've got one of those people on my friends list who posts one of these obnoxious "put this as your status for 1 hour or you are a horrible human being" posts every f*cking day.

If you've only got one then count your blessings. There must be at least 10 of them on my list that post not only post them daily but often multiple ones in a single day (I guess they go searching for a new one once the hour is up or something).

Meanwhile, I'm not sure which is worse: people who only change their status via Funny Status Shuffle or those who use them but actually retype them.but don't credit the source.
Old 09-16-2011, 04:33 PM   #615
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Get all your fucking information before you come in my house putting me down. I know I'm in over in head and I need help and noone will help me and when I do ask for help I get fucked and this is what happens. I know I'm not a perfect mom but I'm doing the best I can but I'm not going to but Xavier at risk to make you ass holes happy

CPS hate ftw!

I hesitated to add this person, but now that I did, it's comedy gold. Clown car uterus, now housing its 6th occupant.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:05 AM   #616
JediKooter
Coordinator

Everything is Obama's fault:

While dating, a woman gives up work time & a man loses income to court her, not to mention the cost of looking good for both parties...maybe obama should ban dating as part of his PLAN. Dating is bankrupting this country lol!

With this person, EVERYTHING is pretty much Obama's fault. It's the equivalent of liberals' "It's Bush's fault" rants when he was president. All I can say is, shit like this is tired and has jumped the shark years ago.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:34 AM   #617
spleen1015
Coordinator

I had to ignore someone for the same reason. He managed to turn everything little thing into Obama's fault.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 11:47 AM   #618
JediKooter
Coordinator

I've been tempted a couple of times lately to ignore her for posts like that and the "I'm a mom, you don't know how tough life is" posts.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:59 AM   #619
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've friended several of the parents of kids on my older daughter's softball team. One couple is getting a divorce, and to their credit, they have done a really good job of being civil to each other. Every now and then the guy will say something that veers toward uncomfortable territory, but 95% of the time, they pretty much look like the typical old married couple.

The guy's FB account, OTOH, is another story altogether. Holy shit. It's all about how much his life sucks and there's no reason to go on and how much he hates living and how he hates being alone and wishes he could see his kids more, etc. If you just stumbled onto his FB page, you'd be half-tempted to call 911 and ask for a welfare check. It's REALLY cringeworthy...and then he shows up to practices and games like nothing's happening. It's bizarre.

Here a sample of some status updates from the past 3 days:

"Lost control and about to hit the wall"

"**HELP** im so lost"

"And by the way if anyone needs me i will be digging my way out from under the big pile of S**T that you and life have dumped on me for the last few years"

"Life sucks"

"3 hours and counting this really sucks"

"Hatein me some life right now!!"
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 12:12 PM   #620
JediKooter
Coordinator

Ouch. I was kind of the same way when my wife left me, but, I usually (not always) keep it to myself and then when I was at work or out in public, I acted fine.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:51 PM   #621
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Another car wreck by the house prompted this exchange:

Mrs. Stevew. Yes. The kids catch the bus at the end of my driveway. That is the neighbor's mailbox and driveway in the picture.

XXX XXX WOW THATS SCRAY

XXX XXX SCARAY

[my note, if at first you don't spell Scary correctly, make sure to spell it wrong in the correction too]

Mrs. Stevew- Stevew wants to put up a sign in our yard that says SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

XXX XXX DO IT THE STAFTY IS AT STAKE

XXX XXX KIDS SAFTY

[such gold]
Old 09-20-2011, 12:53 PM   #622
JediKooter
Coordinator

Please tell me caps lock was also used in this tradegidity. I mean, tragdy.

Old 09-20-2011, 12:59 PM   #623
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Another car wreck by the house prompted this exchange:

Mrs. Stevew. Yes. The kids catch the bus at the end of my driveway. That is the neighbor's mailbox and driveway in the picture.

XXX XXX WOW THATS SCRAY

XXX XXX SCARAY

[my note, if at first you don't spell Scary correctly, make sure to spell it wrong in the correction too]

Mrs. Stevew- Stevew wants to put up a sign in our yard that says SLOW THE FUCK DOWN

XXX XXX DO IT THE STAFTY IS AT STAKE

XXX XXX KIDS SAFTY

[such gold]

RLFO!
Old 09-20-2011, 01:01 PM   #624
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

THEYRE STAFTY IS AT STEAK! (yum!)

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 01:26 PM   #625
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I've been tempted a couple of times lately to ignore her for posts like that and the "I'm a mom, you don't know how tough life is" posts.

With motherhood comes nature's gift of having a societal pass to suck at life. You should know that.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 05:57 PM   #626
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
With motherhood comes nature's gift of having a societal pass to suck at life. You should know that.

Old 09-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #627
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post

Oh, I so want to post that on my facebook.

Old 09-20-2011, 11:17 PM   #628
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Can't find the thread where the last batch of FB "updates" was discussed, maybe it was way up the line in this one somewhere. Anyhoo ...

The Element Hiding Helper for AdBlock plug-in for Mozilla might just be the greatest single browser add-on in the history of the interwebz. Once I remember how the heck I killed the annoying chatbar thing when it debuted, it took me less than 5 minutes to completely erase the almost equally annoying "ticker" that hit FB with the latest updates.

The new style for the center frame wall is still annoying at this point but at least the motion sickness inducing mess on the right vanished with relative ease.
Old 09-20-2011, 11:28 PM   #629
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Now LMAO ... I go back to the helper to get rid of the new "People To Subscribe To" suggestion box. Mouseover to select the element to hide & happened to notice how it was named (or tagged or whatever the right phrase is):

"Ego"

Only thing better would have been if they had called it "Stalk".
Old 09-21-2011, 07:32 AM   #630
Ksyrup

I hardly ever go to the actual FB site - 99% of my FB interaction is through my ipod and blackberry apps. So I miss out on all the outrage over changes to the site, because I don't really notice anything different on the apps.

It's funny how things seem to progress - Myspace to FB, then FB to twitter. Although they are different (or at least, I use them completely differently), I have little use for FB these days. Twitter, OTOH, has revolutionized the way I watch live TV and follow sports. It's like following along to a MST3K chat for every event that I care about. Once you get used to getting news from twitter, you'll be amazed at how slow websites are to react. By the time something's posted on a website, it's old news.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-21-2011 at 07:33 AM.
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 AM   #631
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

With the complete FUBAR of the news feeds that rolled out sometime after I went to bed but before I got up, this may be the beginning of the end for FB for me.

I have neither the time nor patience for resetting 308 people to "show all updates" & I have no desire for FB's busted ass algorithm to determine what posts I see/don't see.

I tried using their stupid ass lists to get around it, figured I'd make a new list that had every person on my F'list on it & then set them all globally ... except that stupidly shows me quite literally everything in detail, including posts/comments they make to people I don't know/have never heard of and have no business (or interest) in voyeuring their interactions.

This has to be the dumbest thing I've seen since New Coke. Makes Qwikster look like fucking genius.
Old 09-21-2011, 08:13 AM   #632
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Okay, lesson learned ... Unless you're intention is to completely cyberstalk someone, do NOT choose the "show all" option that now appears with all of your friends.

"All" literally means "all". For example, a friend "likes" the status update of someone that I don't know ... my wall gets hit with the entire status update of a rank stranger just because a mutual friend "liked" it. In theory I don't think I should even be able see that (unless they've actively changed their security from "friends" to "public" ... and how many people have really done that?)
Old 09-21-2011, 09:10 AM   #633
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Old 09-21-2011, 09:43 AM   #634
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Where the fuck is my 'Most recent' option?!?!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:48 AM   #635
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:

The most recent is now just below all the top stories.

Also of interest to me is that if you click on the blue corner on the top stories you can remove posts from the Top STories list, and in fact tell FAcebook you don't want those kind of posts in your Top Stories anymore. I'm hoping this will be a big improvement down the line as I can tailor that list.

You can also create a Close Friends list now so you can get the important recent stuff in one view.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 09:51 AM   #636
Ksyrup

So the Status Updates I'm seeing are not all of the status updates of everyone I'm friends with? It's just some FB/randomly-determined group of my friends FB has decided I should see? Is that the issue here? Cuz I really can't tell what I'm not seeing.
Old 09-21-2011, 10:56 AM   #637
bhlloy
Coordinator

Apparently so. It's annoying as hell as apparently facebook has decided that a bunch of my fringe friends I've never had any interaction with whatsoever are now the posts I want to see the most.

Like Autumn, I'm willing to give it a pass for now if it "remembers" who I'm interested in and who I'm completely not, it could be a useful feature down the line I guess.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:58 AM   #638
Ksyrup

To "remember" though, you have to do something active, right? I do nothing but just scroll through updates. I have no idea how I would change things to make it include all "most recent" updates.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:08 AM   #639
bhlloy
Coordinator

Yeah, if you click in the top left I believe, you can say "don't consider this top news" and facebook will remember it. No idea if that takes the person off the list permanently though or if it will just try to filter things based on the content of the post.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:15 AM   #640
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
The most recent is now just below all the top stories.

Also of interest to me is that if you click on the blue corner on the top stories you can remove posts from the Top STories list, and in fact tell FAcebook you don't want those kind of posts in your Top Stories anymore. I'm hoping this will be a big improvement down the line as I can tailor that list.

You can also create a Close Friends list now so you can get the important recent stuff in one view.

This is my issue.

I choose Most Recent because I want to see the most recent posts. Had I wanted to see top stories, I'd choose Top Stories.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 AM   #641
stevew
Hall Of Famer

I was managing my most recent list just fine by blocking the people/types of posts(games) that i didn't want to see. I hate when they fuck with this stuff, so goddamn annoying
Old 09-21-2011, 11:46 AM   #642
JediKooter
Coordinator

10.jpg

Old 09-21-2011, 12:10 PM   #643
spleen1015
Coordinator

I think I am done with this fucking thing.

I just want to see status updates in the order they were posted. That's it. I don't want this Top Story bullshit. And they don't make it obvious how to change anything or fix it the way you want it.

Fuck fb, fuck them right in the ass.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:13 PM   #644
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Old 09-21-2011, 12:17 PM   #645
Ksyrup

heh.

Old 09-21-2011, 12:21 PM   #646
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I just want to see status updates in the order they were posted. That's it.

+1

If getting this back takes any work, and especially if I'm required to go to the actual site to manually fix this, then FB has lost whatever minimal usefulness it had to me.

On my ipod, I see a list of recent posts in order under what's called Status Updates (instead of Most Recent), but I don't know if that's just a smattering of selected updates, or all of them that have been posted recently. If it's the latter, I guess I'm good.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:35 PM   #647
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
+1

If getting this back takes any work, and especially if I'm required to go to the actual site to manually fix this, then FB has lost whatever minimal usefulness it had to me.

On my ipod, I see a list of recent posts in order under what's called Status Updates (instead of Most Recent), but I don't know if that's just a smattering of selected updates, or all of them that have been posted recently. If it's the latter, I guess I'm good.

The Most Recent link was there on the website. Now it is gone and you don't have the option from what I can tell.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #648
Ksyrup

Yeah, I'm thinking this definitely isn't posting every update of my friends. I rarely if ever have 20-30 minutes between posts in the middle of the day, and that's what I have now.
Old 09-21-2011, 01:06 PM   #649
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I choose Most Recent because I want to see the most recent posts. Had I wanted to see top stories, I'd choose Top Stories.

This.

What is Facebook's fascination with "Top Stories"? I think most people want to see "Most Recent".
Old 09-21-2011, 01:15 PM   #650
JediKooter
Coordinator

What I want to know is, what the hell the difference is between Top Stories, Most Recent, From Earlier Today, etc....????? If they are all posted by my friends or entities that I've 'liked', just show me their posts in sequential/chronological order.

It's like when Homer went to the Duff Brewery and you see Duff, Duff Light & Duff Dry all coming from the same spigot.

Last edited by JediKooter : 09-21-2011 at 01:16 PM.