Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-21-2007, 12:56 PM   #601
Flasch186
Coordinator

i dont understand something...I got the FM demo. I cant find WWSM to DL? Yet it shows up in my start menu and plays when clicked on but I dont remember buying it!! ??? wierd.

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:09 PM   #602
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan View Post
while I'm not playing the game much at this moment, I just saw that the data update with patch 7.0.2 have just been released over at www.sigames.com.

Here's the changelist:

FM

General
=======
- When a player on loan is transferred to a third team, his stats are now cleared down properly.

Contracts
=========
- Stopped lower level free agent and older players asking for 5 year deals

If the first one mean the problem of missing sections of player history has been solved, I might fire this game back up over the weekend...
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #603
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

As soon as the WWSM patch is out, there goes my life, I guess.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:46 PM   #604
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Quick question. I loaded too many leagues and my game is bit slower than I would like. Is there anything that I can do to reverse the situation. I'm in season 5 and attached to my team. We were promoted to League 1 in the second year and just missed a playoff spot in year 4.

Also, a couple of years ago signed a nice young left back for 10,000. He played 17 games for me. In the next off season my chairman accepted on offer that was too good to pass up, about 1.2Mm. The next offseason he moved to Chelsea for 22.5MM. During the July 1st move, I got a notice about receiving 5MM. I didn't remember that there was a 20% of next sale clause. My original 10,000 turned into over 6MM. Woohoo!!

theres a "saved game cleaner" that makes saved games run faster or smoother, you can find it in the editors forum at SI Interactive
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:18 PM   #605
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
theres a "saved game cleaner" that makes saved games run faster or smoother, you can find it in the editors forum at SI Interactive
The link over there seems to be dead - do you have the utility? Can you u/l it somewhere?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:44 PM   #606
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
The link over there seems to be dead - do you have the utility? Can you u/l it somewhere?

No, i just remembered seeing it there. i bet is you ask in that forum someone will point you in the right direction

Last edited by bulletsponge : 02-21-2007 at 02:44 PM.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:32 PM   #607
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I think i have it. I'll check later tonight
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 04:47 PM   #608
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
As soon as the WWSM patch is out, there goes my life, I guess.

It is out
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 05:19 PM   #609
Easy Mac

Just so people know, Beckham is transferred to the Adelaide Galaxy and not the LA Galaxy
Old 02-21-2007, 07:09 PM   #610
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
Just so people know, Beckham is transferred to the Adelaide Galaxy and not the LA Galaxy
Supposedly, they'll have an updated version of the patch tomorrow to fix this. Also, it only affects people who have the Australian league selected.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:12 PM   #611
Easy Mac

Anyone know why the MLS didn't show up for as a league that I could select after I edited the database? I only added 2 stadiums to MLS teams (that were already there but unassigned) and transferred Beckham to LA, and suddenly the only league available from North America is Mexico.
Old 02-21-2007, 10:06 PM   #612
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
When a board draw up a shortlist for feeder clubs they take into account situations and prioritise them accordingly - for instance smaller clubs are less likely to purchase foreign players and so will tend to find larger clubs from whom they can loan players, similarly if you're in a nation where work-permits at a big issue (and large enough to buy from abroad) then the board will look at ways around these problems ... (just common sense really).
Common sense as far as you and I sit and talk, obviously. On the other hand, you can about count the number of games that can remotely attempt "common sense" on one shop teacher's hand.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2007, 06:10 PM   #613
Flasch186
Coordinator

anyone know of a tutorial for downloading and installing graphics addons....The readme's are shite and now I have graphics files unzipped all over the place. some showing up, some not, but the tree and file structure has me completely confused. /Players/kits/db/eng......I dont have that stuff!! What is going on?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 02-25-2007, 09:05 AM   #614
Shepp
High School Varsity

I used the instructions from here to set up all of my graphics addons and its worked like a charm.

hxxp://www.fmgraphics.co.uk/index.ph...ews&news_id=17

Quote:
Well im going to make this short and quick, it's really simple to put graphics into FM 07. With SI changing the format, it means you don't have to go around looking for the folders, instead you can put them in one place and just load them from there. So here goes:

Go into My Documents and locate the Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2007 folder.

*Secondly Create a folder called "Graphics".

*Inside this folder, you can either just paste everything you download into it, or sort them into the following, Logos, Facepacks, Kits & Others. Making it even easier for you to insert them.

*Then once you have put all the graphics into this folder, load up FM 07.

*Go into preferences and down the menu panel, you will find "Display & Sound" click on it.

*You will find the following options "Skin Cache" & "Always Reload Skin On Confirm".

*Untick the "Skin Cache" option.

*Tick the "Always Reload Skin On Confirm".

Last edited by Shepp : 02-25-2007 at 09:05 AM.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:20 AM   #615
Flasch186
Coordinator

...thats helpful BUT the problem im having is when I unzip/extract some of the downloads it is also creating a tree structure too....can the game find /e2g_logo/premiership/myfriendsteveslogoset/bigpicture/smallpicture/arsenal for arsenal? Or does it need to be RIGHT there on top of the structure right after graphics?

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 02-25-2007, 10:19 AM   #616
Shepp
High School Varsity

I don't know for certain but I don't think it matters what the directory structure looks like. So long as there is a corresponding config.xml file in the directory with the files that you are adding to the game.

My interpretation of the article I manetioned is that if you really wanted, you could just plop everything into just the graphics directory. The problem would be that you would have to created a unified config.xml file.

The file structure exists mainly to keep things modular and uncluttered.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 02:29 PM   #617
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

This is actually an '06 question but may apply to '07. I'm managing in England, it says that if a player is under the age of 24 and is not offered a contract greater than or equal to what he makes now that he can go on a free transfer. Do I have to offer a contract and have him turn it down to get paid if someone signs him?
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:27 AM   #618
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
This is actually an '06 question but may apply to '07. I'm managing in England, it says that if a player is under the age of 24 and is not offered a contract greater than or equal to what he makes now that he can go on a free transfer. Do I have to offer a contract and have him turn it down to get paid if someone signs him?

Yes - strange but true.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:17 AM   #619
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Yes - strange but true.

do what i do in those cases. offer him the absolute worst contract ever that you know there's no way in hell he'd ever accept.
Old 02-26-2007, 08:24 AM   #620
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
do what i do in those cases. offer him the absolute worst contract ever that you know there's no way in hell he'd ever accept.
But don't forget that it has to be at least as good as his current one ...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:27 AM   #621
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

right. but odds are if you want to keep him/if he's worth getting $$ back for, then he'll want a raise. but maybe that's just because I tend not to be a LLM so when this happens to me it's with guys who are 22-23 who are coming off their first deal and who if it's worth me getting anything back for them (read millions of dollars not like 350k) then they have the desire to play first-team football and get paid significantly more than their sub million-dollar salaries
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM   #622
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Thanks! What is taken into account to decide if it is better, just the salary or the bonuses too?
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:38 AM   #623
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just the salary.
Old 02-26-2007, 07:51 PM   #624
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

I purchased the WWSM about a week ago.

After simming 18 seasons, I finally get a job offer I want.
HC of New England of the MSL.

I simmed a bunch of seasons, to also rid most of the presently known players.

I seem to be doing ok, 3rd place, halfway into the season.
My board wants new, fresh players on the squad, so I've been busy weeding out the older, non-factor players, and bringing in some fresh younger players.

This is the job I really wanted, coaching one of the MSL teams.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 08:15 PM   #625
MrBug708
Head Coach

How long did it take you to sim those seasons?
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 11:46 PM   #626
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708 View Post
How long did it take you to sim those seasons?

About 4 days, letting it sim through the night, saving in the morning, then bringing it back up after coming home from work.

It would sim roughly 4 seasons during the night.

My job offer came on the weekend, when I could watch the open job offers.
When I saw the New England job open up, I immediately applied.
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:40 PM   #627
Flasch186
Coordinator

alright...

finally...

what a great DEMO, got me hooked. But now how do I go about purchasing the license and continuing my game without having to download the whole thing again?

Thsi especially sucks because I have the day off and cannot continue my career with the Silkmen until someone tells me how to register this thing

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-01-2007 at 04:42 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 06:25 PM   #628
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
what a great DEMO, got me hooked. But now how do I go about purchasing the license and continuing my game without having to download the whole thing again?
If you downloaded the 'try and buy' style demo then just enter your details and you're away - otherwise I'm afraid you'll either have to locate it in a store (or mail order) .... or download the purchasable version (apologies if this is the case).
Old 03-01-2007, 06:26 PM   #629
Flasch186
Coordinator

grrr, ill bet i downloaded the NON try and buy version....

Will my save game work if I just move it over after buying the Try and Buy one (i just downloaded for 2 hours )

of course after uninstalling the other one....

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 03-01-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #630
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

wait, if you are playing with worldwide soccer manager 2007, it should be the try and buy as I don't think they put out a non try and buy demo for it.

However, if it's FM2007 that you are playing, you need to download WSM or buy a CD version of it...

FM
Old 03-01-2007, 07:44 PM   #631
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

dola, and from everything I've read, savegames should be compatible between WSM and FM.

FM
Old 03-01-2007, 07:49 PM   #632
Flasch186
Coordinator

im tellin' ya it WAS WWSM, and there is no elicense stuff going on at all on it. this is post patch, so perhaps thats something. Honestly though Im glad, my graphics folder was a disaster and the FMC graphic pack is a great, clean addition.

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Old 03-10-2007, 08:56 PM   #633
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

somebody help me!

Im playing in the EPL and just got my first feeder club outside England so i can send people there that cant get a WP. how do i sign someone and send them there if i cant get a WP for them in my home country to begin with? is there an option to send them to the feeder immediatly after they agree to sign with me before they apply for a wp? or if they get turned down for a wp is there an option to send them to a feeder instead of having the contract voided?
Old 03-11-2007, 12:52 PM   #634
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
somebody help me!

Im playing in the EPL and just got my first feeder club outside England so i can send people there that cant get a WP. how do i sign someone and send them there if i cant get a WP for them in my home country to begin with? is there an option to send them to the feeder immediatly after they agree to sign with me before they apply for a wp? or if they get turned down for a wp is there an option to send them to a feeder instead of having the contract voided?

the 2nd thing you said. You apply and it's turned down and then there should be an option (or maybe the option is after the appeal, I don't play in england so I dunno) to send them to your feeder team.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:28 PM   #635
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
the 2nd thing you said. You apply and it's turned down and then there should be an option (or maybe the option is after the appeal, I don't play in england so I dunno) to send them to your feeder team.

ok thanks
Old 03-11-2007, 01:53 PM   #636
Easy Mac

So one of the Marcs, any thoughts on opening up the game for customization, a la OOTP? I know we have an editor (which at least for WWSM, isn't nearly as fluid as the integrated one from previous years), but what about allowing us to create a custom league or two to play. I think you'd be amazed how much your fanbase would have fun with it. Even if they were just stock, pick a league structure that is similar to the English league and let us modify stuff from there, that would add so much more to the game.

And is there a reason, outside of a want for it and probably licensing, that you guys don't throw in the US A-league (edit, I refuse to call it the USL1 or 2) or colleges. I'd think the college league, though potentially difficult to model, would be a different kind of challenge that I think even the foreigners would enjoy. I don't think I'm alone in saying that I don't care if its even an unlicensed copy of it, I'm more than willing to mess with it on my own through the editor.

Last edited by Easy Mac : 03-11-2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-11-2007, 02:13 PM   #637
Easy Mac

Also, so people know, WWSM is the top selling sports computer game right now at Amazon.
Old 03-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #638
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

hmm i tried this, and the option to send them to the feeder never apeared after or during the appeal process.

Marc can you chime in and tell me whats going on. btw the feeder club is in cyprus id that has any bearing on it
Old 03-11-2007, 03:57 PM   #639
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
hmm i tried this, and the option to send them to the feeder never apeared after or during the appeal process.

Marc can you chime in and tell me whats going on. btw the feeder club is in cyprus id that has any bearing on it

is the "work permit" thing specified in your agreement with the feeder club? likely not I'd guess. Which means you can't use it explicitly for that option (i would imagine you could still send the player over on loan afterwards for several years to get him nationality)
Old 03-11-2007, 04:20 PM   #640
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

After the appeal is turned down, you still have the option of signing the player. If you choose to sign him, you can then send him to your feeder club the way you would normally send a player (realize of course that normal european transfer rules apply, ie. no transfers after January). Also realize that if the feeder club is not a high rep club the player might refuse to go depending on his perceived status. You therefore run the risk of signing a player that you might not be able to play or send to your affliate (although you might be able to loan him out to a WP nation by the normal loan means).
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 04:34 PM   #641
henry296
College Starter

So I made the League One Final and two of my best players were called up for International Duty for some U-19 games. Do I have any recourse?
Old 03-11-2007, 04:36 PM   #642
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
So I made the League One Final and two of my best players were called up for International Duty for some U-19 games. Do I have any recourse?

depends on if they're U-19 friendlies or what. If they're friendlies you can withdraw them from the team (under "friendly instructions"). otherwise...nope.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:05 PM   #643
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
is the "work permit" thing specified in your agreement with the feeder club? likely not I'd guess. Which means you can't use it explicitly for that option (i would imagine you could still send the player over on loan afterwards for several years to get him nationality)

ahh ok i see that now. i need to get a feeder from belgium or poland then most likely to do the "go there for a few years and get a EU passport thingy"
damn that means my new Cyprus feeder isnt worth much. ill cancel it at the end of the year after my guys ive loaned there come back
Old 03-11-2007, 05:28 PM   #644
highfiveoh
Banned

So I'm trying to download the WWSM Try and Buy. The download rate is bouncing from 0.0 to 9.0 kb/s and I imagine it's a peak time for a US customer being that UK/Europe people are going to bed. If I remember correctly they've had slow server issues for a long time. Would it really cost that much to upgrade things a little? It's just a very sour experience whenever I check their site out.

Last edited by highfiveoh : 03-11-2007 at 05:29 PM.
highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 05:35 PM   #645
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
So I'm trying to download the WWSM Try and Buy. The download rate is bouncing from 0.0 to 9.0 kb/s and I imagine it's a peak time for a US customer being that UK/Europe people are going to bed. If I remember correctly they've had slow server issues for a long time. Would it really cost that much to upgrade things a little? It's just a very sour experience whenever I check their site out.

I'm getting 60k using Free Download Manager, but yes, their site is ungodly slow.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:23 PM   #646
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
depends on if they're U-19 friendlies or what. If they're friendlies you can withdraw them from the team (under "friendly instructions"). otherwise...nope.

Thanks I was looking for that button. The games are U-19 European Qualifying.
Old 03-11-2007, 06:40 PM   #647
Easy Mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
I'm getting 60k using Free Download Manager, but yes, their site is ungodly slow.

I now have 10 minutes left.
Old 03-11-2007, 07:01 PM   #648
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
ahh ok i see that now. i need to get a feeder from belgium or poland then most likely to do the "go there for a few years and get a EU passport thingy"
damn that means my new Cyprus feeder isnt worth much. ill cancel it at the end of the year after my guys ive loaned there come back

ah but be careful grasshopper. If you keep it (depending on who you are and how much it's draining your finances) you may end up with a future Cypriot player who is a candidate for Footballer of the Year that you miss out on picking up on the cheap.

i've got so many feeder clubs now that the board don't want to give me anymore. LOL

man my Juve game is coming along quite nicely. I have 4 (!) "Wonderkids" who I'm rotating at the striker position (well 2 have now lost the wonderkid tag due to performing so well, but the other 2 still have it). And I just got a new 4 year contract at 6 mil per year, with a 165 million dollar wage budget and a 160 million dollar kitty

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 03-11-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #649
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

The other neat by-product of feeder clubs is merchandising cash. I got a feeder club from Japan which looked lousy since I only had an option on their players - all of whom stink - but a presence in Japan really pumped up the cash. I imagine a feeder club in the US, India or China would do the same thing.
Old 03-12-2007, 11:38 AM   #650
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quick feeder club question:

How often can you ask for one?