Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-10-2011, 12:49 PM   #6101
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
?

Haha! How did you know?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 02:35 PM   #6102
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Last night after I finished bowling, a college girl ran me down to tell me that I'm a legend, and a college guy ran me down to tell me that he appreciates my mustache. Story of my life.
Old 11-11-2011, 12:40 PM   #6103
Izulde
Head Coach

Good thing I don't own a gun.

I'm standing at the light waiting for it to change, when this punk ass kid in his friend's ride throws a full, open bottle of water in my face. Naturally I ran after them and we got into a shouting match. If I'd have a gun I would have shot the motherfucker in the face. He better hope he doesn't end up in any of my classes or that I don't see him on campus.

FOFC, of course, will probably get a good laugh at my expense picturing this.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 12:44 PM   #6104
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Why didn't you just snag the license plate and file charges?
Old 11-11-2011, 12:46 PM   #6105
Izulde
Head Coach

I thought of that too late.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:09 PM   #6106
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post

I'm standing at the light waiting for it to change, when this punk ass kid in his friend's ride throws a full, open bottle of water in my face. Naturally I ran after them and we got into a shouting match. If I'd have a gun I would have shot the motherfucker in the face. He better hope he doesn't end up in any of my classes or that I don't see him on campus.

If he'd waste a full bottle of water on you than he is a loser. Should have definitely got his plate number and pressed charges on such scum.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 02:28 PM   #6107
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:

Actually, I don't find anything funny about it at all.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:06 PM   #6108
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Actually, I don't find anything funny about it at all.

That's what I was trying to say. If he just ignored them like he does me most the time they wouldn't have got any kicks out of it. And seriously, I wouldn't have even wanted to press charges. Maybe if he threw on my kid or wife, but it's just freaking water.

Next time just say good one and don't act mad as you approach them, then throw a raccoon in their car. If you have an crazy grin, use that as you approach them. They'll wonder what you're up to and might stay around longer.

Old 11-11-2011, 03:08 PM   #6109
Autumn
Head Coach

Even better is if you hide the racoon in their glove compartment ahead of time. Then you say the command word, and Bingo!
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #6110
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCY Junkie View Post
That's what I was trying to say. If he just ignored them like he does me most the time they wouldn't have got any kicks out of it. And seriously, I wouldn't have even wanted to press charges. Maybe if he threw on my kid or wife, but it's just freaking water.

Next time just say good one and don't act mad as you approach them, then throw a raccoon in their car. If you have an crazy grin, use that as you approach them. They'll wonder what you're up to and might stay around longer.
This is kinda... not what I was trying to say.
Old 11-11-2011, 08:24 PM   #6111
jeff061
Grizzled Veteran

So I bought a Droid Bionic 3 weeks or so ago. I proceeded, after a night of heavy drinking and screwing around, to leave it outside in the grass all night....in the pouring rain. Found it the next morning drenched with the LED a color I have not seen. No insurance. It sucked.

So I let it dry for a few weeks and powered it on a couple hours ago. Fucking thing came right up, had it activated, it's like nothing happened. Made my damned day.

That's it, that's the end of this very awesome story.

jeff061 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 08:58 PM   #6112
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:

Honestly, you should have knocked his teeth down his throat. I know it's not a popular move in today's weenie culture, but that's the kind of lesson people don't forget.

And I am sorry that happened to you. I hate these kind of stories.
booradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2011, 11:03 PM   #6113
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by booradley View Post
Honestly, you should have knocked his teeth down his throat. I know it's not a popular move in today's weenie culture, but that's the kind of lesson people don't forget.

I thought people in general acted tough in the culture, then when married the wives found out many of them cry more than they do.

Last edited by TCY Junkie : 11-11-2011 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-11-2011, 11:31 PM   #6114
Rizon
Pro Starter

Before she had our baby my wife was 34B. Now she's 36F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:01 AM   #6115
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Before she had our baby my wife was 34B. Now she's 36F.

Congrats!
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 12:02 AM   #6116
Radii
Head Coach

also pix plz thanks
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 01:56 AM   #6117
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

And with a thorough 38-13 thrashing that wasn't really even that close (we scored on the meaningless final play of the game), another local HS football season comes to a close. Hard to win on the road when you fumble the opening kickoff & let the other guy score two plays later. Even harder when you put in on the ground 7 times, lose 4 of them AND get suckered into touching an onside kick that barely traveled 5 yards.

With the end of season comes the end of my consultant/lay coach/chaperone/ass't cook & bottle washer duties ... until basketball cranks up in about 10 days anyway.

Not the year, in terms of the webcast, that I was privately hoping for. Still facing regular technical issues, still have a long way to go in terms of behind-the-scenes consistency too. The on-air product had a lot of rough edges to smooth out as we unexpectedly had to adjust to a three-man booth. On the other hand, most of the human errors aren't visible to the viewer any more & we had at least two very useful additions to the core group (a 9th grader on-air & a 7th grader that could become star behind the scenes). It was also rewarding to see some significant personal growth in our two oldest members, as the veteran p-b-p guy (5th year, started when he was 12) really focused on learning to lead a group instead of being the Whole F'n Show and our director who went from being a talented but incredibly annoying kid that drove me crazy 80% of the time to a talented & steadily maturing young man that drives me crazy about 30% of the time.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:06 AM   #6118
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Congrats!

Perfect.
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 PM   #6119
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

I just registered for PAX East 2012. I'm so excited! I love Boston, and I'm pretty stoked to go to a game nerd convention.

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #6120
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

My daughter (high school sophomore) got a special invite and marched with a college team during their homecoming today. I am a very proud daddy.
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 07:47 PM   #6121
NorvTurnerOverdrive
College Benchwarmer

this yahoo article about the marlins is everything i hate about sports. goddammit

1. the dolphins and college football. outside of that nobody gives fuck all about sports in FL

2. what waterhead thought building the marlins a stadium was a good idea? you need baseball to add to the rich tapestry of south florida? the sun, ocean and uncut cocaine wasn't enough for you?

3. what's the reasonable take home for a sports team with a public stadium? the loria's are criminal looters. in a couple years they'll be fielding a triple a team and cashing checks from the yankees and red sox.

4. the stadium is the most garish thing i've ever seen. i can't wait to turn on sportscenter and watch as a lone fan strolls through 8 sections of empty orange seats to retrieve a hr ball.

Last edited by NorvTurnerOverdrive : 11-12-2011 at 07:47 PM.
NorvTurnerOverdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 08:11 PM   #6122
cuervo72
Head Coach

Occupy should visit south Florida.
Old 11-12-2011, 08:36 PM   #6123
Grover
Pro Starter

RE: Marlins...

That centerfield homer run contraption cannot possibly be real.

FOFC Greatest Band Draft Runner Up
FOFC Movie Remake Draft Winner
FOFC Movie Comedy Draft Winner
Grover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2011, 09:51 PM   #6124
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

It'd be nice if the Marlins drew a few (thousand) more fans next year. It's obnoxious when the Braves go down there and the game is played in dead silence other than one person shouting out "Chipper" whenever he comes to bat.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2011, 12:15 PM   #6125
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
My daughter (high school sophomore) got a special invite and marched with a college team during their homecoming today. I am a very proud daddy.

Btw, this is the game she played at. She had a lot of opportunities to play their fight song.

An NAIA football record: Montgomery's Faulkner University 95, Union 89 | al.com
GrantDawg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 08:07 AM   #6126
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

The ACC needs to do something about their football officials...they are awful...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:10 AM   #6127
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

Texting while driving is NOT better than making a phone call while driving.

(sorry, debate that was going on in the break room this morning, started out thinking the guy was just kidding but soon it became obvious that he was serious that he thought texting while driving was better than calling while driving)
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:50 AM   #6128
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

There's not really much that can be said unless it's couched in something like "I was stopped and in park, waiting for a 300 car train and texting while this other moron didn't even have his brakes on and was fumbling with his phone that fell into his seat"

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Last edited by sterlingice : 11-14-2011 at 09:51 AM.
sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:16 PM   #6130
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFiRevival View Post
Peter Schweizer's New Book Blasts Congressional Corruption - The Daily Beast

Why is Congress allowed to participate in insider trading without consequence?

The same way they can bounce checks without consequence, or get raises despite cutting elsewhere, or any of a number of other ways they get away with murder.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:50 PM   #6131
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

My wireless router died Saturday night. Called Windstream, explained the issue and what I'd done to troubleshoot, and the guy confirmed it was dead. He gave me the choice of getting it in the mail by Thursday, or picking it up at the local office. I obviously chose the latter.

I go there this afternoon, tell the first lady I see that my router died, and before I can explain anything else, she turns around, grabs a box, hands it to me and tells me, "There you go." No name, no account number, she didn't ask if I was Windstream customer, nothing.

So... if any of you are in a Windstream service area - particularly if you're in Lexington - and you want a new router, you might want to try walking in and asking for one. Apparently they are just giving them away to whomever walks in off the street.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 11-14-2011 at 01:50 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:13 PM   #6132
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Tried to cancel my automatic renewal of Xbox Live online. When I hit submit I get an error and it won't process.

How convenient for Xbox. Time for a phone call and the inevitable 15 minutes that should only require 3 minutes, if I'm lucky.

Last edited by Scoobz0202 : 11-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:19 PM   #6133
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post
Tried to cancel my automatic renewal of Xbox Live online. When I hit submit I get an error and it won't process.

How convenient for Xbox. Time for a phone call and the inevitable 15 minutes that should only require 3 minutes, if I'm lucky.

Aha.. call them and the lady gives me the " Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that was fixed but I'll get you set up here." For some reason I need to be put on hold for a few minutes while she does this, and then she comes back and says "I'm sorry for the wait," and before I can even respond am put back on hold.

Now I just got a "BEEP BEEP We're sorry but your call could not be completed. Please call back again. "

Of course. Of course.
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 02:37 PM   #6134
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobz0202 View Post

Change the card number for the one that you have set up for the auto renewal.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-14-2011, 03:19 PM   #6135
Suicane75
Coordinator

I just mowed my lawn today. On November 14th. With any luck the leaves will be done falling by December.
Suicane75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 09:28 PM   #6136
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

made a (for me) extravagant purchase today buying some new Bose headphones. They sell for $180 but I got them for $100. Both of those numbers seem ridiculous to me for headphones...but I love them.
Old 11-15-2011, 10:45 AM   #6137
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post
made a (for me) extravagant purchase today buying some new Bose headphones. They sell for $180 but I got them for $100. Both of those numbers seem ridiculous to me for headphones...but I love them.

I'm with you on that. I want to get back into recording music, but, I can't seem to make the connection (or disconnection depending on how you see it) of paying that much money for some headphones.

Old 11-15-2011, 10:55 AM   #6138
booradley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft Dodger View Post

I have a Bose stereo system in my car. You'll never go back ...
Old 11-15-2011, 04:14 PM   #6139
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Until about two weeks ago, I had never heard of the web site Grantland. Now, it seems like I see people referencing it all the time. So I check it out to see what the hell I'm missing (or at least to find out who Grant is), and I see Bill Simmons on it. This makes me want to punch the whole internet in the face for doing that shit to me. Bill Simmons can go jump off a bridge into lake fuck.
Old 11-15-2011, 04:49 PM   #6140
JediKooter
Coordinator

Who the hell is Bill Simmons?

Old 11-15-2011, 05:03 PM   #6141
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Until about two weeks ago, I had never heard of the web site Grantland. Now, it seems like I see people referencing it all the time. So I check it out to see what the hell I'm missing (or at least to find out who Grant is), and I see Bill Simmons on it. This makes me want to punch the whole internet in the face for doing that shit to me. Bill Simmons can go jump off a bridge into lake fuck.

Why are you browsing the internet unsupervised?

Old 11-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #6142
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

welp guess i'm done here
Old 11-15-2011, 06:10 PM   #6143
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

What's that joke where someone posts a link to some horrific, awful site, but says it's for something else, thereby leading you to click the link?

I feel like Bill Simmons is the "horribe, awful" and someone punk'd Pumpy into clicking the Grantland link.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 06:13 PM   #6144
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
What's that joke where someone posts a link to some horrific, awful site, but says it's for something else, thereby leading you to click the link?

I feel like Bill Simmons is the "horribe, awful" and someone punk'd Pumpy into clicking the Grantland link.
I basically got Goatse'd. As I mentioned in the "Ping: Kathy Griffin" thread today, I just happen to be wearing a shirt that says "What has been seen cannot be unseen." Never has that been more true.

Last edited by Pumpy Tudors : 11-15-2011 at 06:13 PM.
Pumpy Tudors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 03:08 PM   #6145
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Black people don't like me on Facebook.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:45 PM   #6146
booradley
High School Varsity

I've been living in my house for over a half-decade now, and yet ... when I empty the dishwasher, I still have no idea where anything goes. So, after years of tragic misplacement, everything is now a big chaotic mishmash. "Oh, you want a spoon? Hey, there might be some lurking in the china cabinet. Good luck!" etc.
Old 11-16-2011, 04:53 PM   #6147
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Black people don't like me on Facebook.

Do they like you anywhere else?

Old 11-16-2011, 05:48 PM   #6148
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

SOOOOO....

I'm at work today and I went to the bathroom en route to a meeting. As such, my phone was in my pocket. While I'm doing my thing, my phone starts ringing. I grabbed it, didn't recognize the number, and tried to hit the button to ignore it. Instead, I hit the "answer" button. So, instead of doing the smart thing and hanging up right away (after all, I was in the bathroom), I decided I'd take the call.

Turns out it's a recruiter for another company who has had my resume passed to him and would like to discuss things with me. At this point, someone else walked into the bathroom. I tried to get the recruiter off the phone, but I don't want to blow them off...it would be good to know what else is out there.

So I ended up talking to this recruiter, all the time wondering who has walked in, if they recognize my voice, if they have realized I'm talking to a recruiter about what work I do and what kind of salary I'd be looking for.

Then the toilet in another stall flushed and I'm thinking that this recruiter call is literally in the crapper as it were, that there's NO WAY he'd be interested in talking more to me in the future about a possible opportunity.....\

Yeah, I got a follow-up email from him asking for references and any updates I have to my resume.

Wow. I still haven't figured out who was in the bathroom at the same time...or if they've told anybody I might be looking...

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:24 PM   #6149
spleen1015
Coordinator

Being in IT, I work with a lot of folks from India. They have no problem talking on the phone no matter they are doing in the restroom.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:17 PM   #6150
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Do they like you anywhere else?
Generally, no, but it's not as apparent.