Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #551
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I don't like voting CR just yet because there was a possibility he was attacked N1.

Vote Saldana
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:24 PM   #552
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
JAG, first, thanks for the detailed analysis. having not been able to follow along as well as i would have liked, it was very helpful

second, other than my "over the top" reaction to your blatant misrepresentation of my day 1 vote, what exactly is it that is so convincing to you that makes you think i am a wolf?

Interesting revisionist history there. I laid out two strategies for people to follow D2. 1. If you thought there were all villagers on the block D1, you should vote someone with an early D1 vote. 2. If you thought there was a wolf on the block, you should vote the later Zinto voters since there's a reasonable chance they were trying to save a wolf.

Evidence? Here's what I have:

1. Both times when you've been up for votes, only villagers have voted you. This most recent time, my cultist suspect switched to the person you were ip against.

2. Danny, our dearly departed seer, felt you were a wolf and that Jackal and I were good (I am in position to know he was correct on two points).

3. You have only voted for villagers, other than the J23 sweep. Granted this is true for others as well.

4. You are the last remaining unknown for me on the Zibto voters, in a vote where for sure the wolves spread out.

5. The various inconsistencies and oddities surrounding mau's treatment of you when I strongly suspect he is the cultist.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 03:42 PM   #553
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

JAG makes for an interesting case there against sal.

Regardless of his reasoning, though, my head's on the block, killing me does the village no good, and sal's the other candidate. So I have to go self-defense anyway.

VOTE SALDANA

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:06 PM   #554
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 553

4 Saldana - JAG (503), bhlloy (506), Lathum (551), chief rum (553)
2 chief rum - mauboy1 (512), dwardzala (536)
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #555
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Interesting revisionist history there. I laid out two strategies for people to follow D2. 1. If you thought there were all villagers on the block D1, you should vote someone with an early D1 vote. 2. If you thought there was a wolf on the block, you should vote the later Zinto voters since there's a reasonable chance they were trying to save a wolf.

Evidence? Here's what I have:

1. Both times when you've been up for votes, only villagers have voted you. This most recent time, my cultist suspect switched to the person you were ip against.
this is hardly evidence. there is only one known wolf exposed to this point, so finding me culpable because the ONE known wolf didnt vote for me is circumstantial at best
Quote:
2. Danny, our dearly departed seer, felt you were a wolf and that Jackal and I were good (I am in position to know he was correct on two points).
yet he never scanned me...his "feelings" werent strong enough to draw scan of me, but those same "feelings" are supposed to be enough to clear you?
Quote:

3. You have only voted for villagers, other than the J23 sweep. Granted this is true for others as well.
again, hardly damning, since you yourself admit this is not actual evidence
Quote:
4. You are the last remaining unknown for me on the Zibto voters, in a vote where for sure the wolves spread out.
you speak with a degree of certainty about what the wolves would "for sure" do? as i asked you earlier regarding Lathum, do you not think people capable of adjusting tactics? spreading out is a very normal strategy, i hardly think it out of the realm of reason to think exactly the opposite.
Quote:
5. The various inconsistencies and oddities surrounding mau's treatment of you when I strongly suspect he is the cultist.
[/quote]so i am to be held responsible for the posts and behavior of someone else. has it occurred to you at all that Mau may be a wolf and is the one putting out posts designed to push you, since you were so willing to do so on your own, towards me? Unless the rules are incomplete, the wolves have no special roles...they need us to do alot of their work for them, and you are doing nothing but helping them on more or less nothing but very thin speculation

I am nothing but a simple villager, and if i thought i could get enough votes on you, i would vote you, but as i am left with little choice
vote CR
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 05:09 PM   #556
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Re 1., I can be more clear and say only people who have been publicly revealed as villagers have voted you (other than me, but that's hardly an argument to sway me).

Re 4., I can speak with absolute certainty because the four remaining unknowns to me are all on different people.

Re 5., Mau was scanned good, as there is no cunning role, he can only be villager or cultist. Should you be held accountable? Absolutely. The cultist knows the identities of the wolves. Therefore, odd behavior in regards to you from him, such as pointing out that you are suspicious on D2 and D5, yet not voting you when he had opportunity D2, D4, and D5, absolutely reflects badly on you.
Old 03-28-2011, 05:27 PM   #557
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Re 1., I can be more clear and say only people who have been publicly revealed as villagers have voted you (other than me, but that's hardly an argument to sway me).

Re 4., I can speak with absolute certainty because the four remaining unknowns to me are all on different people.

Re 5., Mau was scanned good, as there is no cunning role, he can only be villager or cultist. Should you be held accountable? Absolutely. The cultist knows the identities of the wolves. Therefore, odd behavior in regards to you from him, such as pointing out that you are suspicious on D2 and D5, yet not voting you when he had opportunity D2, D4, and D5, absolutely reflects badly on you.

re 1: again. you have one and only one point of reference

re 5: that is exactly what a wolf or a cultist would like you to conclude. good job falling into their trap and doing their work for them.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:15 PM   #558
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So JAG it seems to me that much of your case against saldana rests on mau being culitst right? Since that case also implicates me I am naturally skeptical of it. Going to really dig in to Sunday's post (though my availability will be off and on between now and lynch).
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 07:33 PM   #559
Autumn
Head Coach

The weekend stretched out for the villagers and it seemed perhaps a brief reprieve from the terrors of the night. Now as the sun sinks though they are faced once again with the reality that there is some sort of killer still among them. The need to find the culprit, this man who is a wolf, grows more intense as the sky becomes streaked with the colors of the sunset.

Vote count as of post 558

4 Saldana - JAG (503), bhlloy (506), Lathum (551), chief rum (553)
3 chief rum - mauboy1 (512), dwardzala (536), saldana (555)
Old 03-28-2011, 07:40 PM   #560
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Sal, to correct your rebuttal of 2. above, I never claimed that Danny's instincts clear me. However, the fact that he is 1. a good player and 2. a confirmed villager, means that his opinion can be trusted as genuine. Is it guaranteed proof? No, but it's another data point.

You certainly aren't making me feel like I've made a mistake when you have misrepresented what I have said numerous times today.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:14 PM   #561
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Well it looks like there's not going to be much action tonight. If things don't change, Saldana is done.
dwardzala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:17 PM   #562
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Since JAG's theory seems to suggest that I am also guilty and that this evidence is similar for saldana, I am going to have to

Vote CR
Old 03-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #563
bhlloy
Coordinator

So we have a tie with the two most suspected wolves and the suspected cultist on CR. Nice.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:29 PM   #564
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
So we have a tie with the two most suspected wolves and the suspected cultist on CR. Nice.
This has it backwards. Basically JAG has lumped the 3 of us together. I feel by not voting for saldana, I'm also voting for my own innocence. I'm guessing the other two (especially saldana) might feel similarly.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:32 PM   #565
bhlloy
Coordinator

Well, if you weren't lumped together before today, you now are inexorably. This vote is basically going to tell us all we need to know if CR turns up villager (and given the day 1 events, the odds strongly favor that). If that happens I'd be willing to wager that you and Sal are wolf and mau or dwardzala are cultist.

Honestly, given day 1 and the increased odds that CR is a villager, I think it's an absolutely mindblowing play to vote for him today. But each to their own.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:33 PM   #566
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Yet you've provided no actual evidence or reasoning why anyone should disbelieve the information I've presented. I've poked plenty of holes in Mau and saldana's inconsistencies and misrepsentations.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:35 PM   #567
bhlloy
Coordinator

If we lynch a villager today and the wolves get NK, can the village still win?

I think we have a pretty good idea of who is who at this point (or we have some strong theories) but I'm wondering if it even matters too much right... unless we can hit a wolf today
Old 03-28-2011, 08:38 PM   #568
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
If we lynch a villager today and the wolves get NK, can the village still win?

I think we have a pretty good idea of who is who at this point (or we have some strong theories) but I'm wondering if it even matters too much right... unless we can hit a wolf today
Presumably we are 6-2 right now. If we kill a villager it becomes 4-2 after NK. So we can still win after lynching a villager.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #569
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Yet you've provided no actual evidence or reasoning why anyone should disbelieve the information I've presented. I've poked plenty of holes in Mau and saldana's inconsistencies and misrepsentations.
You're right. I simply haven't had the time to play that kind of game. I shouldn't have signed up since despite being on break I remain incredibly busy. Not too busy to vote and play, but busy enough that I can mount the kind of defense that I think is there to be made.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:39 PM   #570
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Have we asked if BG blocks wolf kill? That's been a mechanic in previous games and could explain the lack of N1 kill with CR still being a wolf.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #571
bhlloy
Coordinator

Let me ask you this BK... why are you so against a Saldana vote? If he's wolf and you vote for him, you will build trust. If he's villager, then JAG's analysis is wrong and his analysis of you is wrong also. Add that to the fact that CR is way more likely to be a villager than a regular player... I don't get it. If you are a villager, your vote makes no sense at all. You just tied a strongly suggested villager against a suspected wolf.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:41 PM   #572
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

I still dont trust Jag
Old 03-28-2011, 08:42 PM   #573
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Let me ask you this BK... why are you so against a Saldana vote? If he's wolf and you vote for him, you will build trust. If he's villager, then JAG's analysis is wrong and his analysis of you is wrong also. Add that to the fact that CR is way more likely to be a villager than a regular player... I don't get it. If you are a villager, your vote makes no sense at all. You just tied a strongly suggested villager against a suspected wolf.
I'm not SO against a saldana vote. I feel like I've been back into a corner with it. Basically the case suggests that if saldana is a wolf I'm a wolf. I know I'm not a wolf, so I find the case faulty. And, frankly, I worry that if I vote for saldana and he comes up wolf I'm even more toast. I know my own innocence, so what else can I do?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:43 PM   #574
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I still dont trust Jag
So do you have a different case against saldana then? Presumably you think he's guilty, hence your vote.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:44 PM   #575
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
I still dont trust Jag

This, plus I did not want a run away on Saldana, as it doesn't tell us as much as a close race.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #576
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I still dont trust Jag

His move will either be a brilliant villager move or a brilliant wolf move as I see it. I'm undecided on this. I'm leaning wolf move as I know what I am.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #577
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mauboy1 View Post
His move will either be a brilliant villager move or a brilliant wolf move as I see it. I'm undecided on this. I'm leaning wolf move as I know what I am.

Or I guess a dumb villager move..
Old 03-28-2011, 08:47 PM   #578
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
We all know what you are. It really would be a brilliant wolf play to make one of our scanned villagers seem guilty.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:48 PM   #579
bhlloy
Coordinator

Voting record speaks for itself. If things stay the way we are and somebody is forced to switch and lynch CR, and he shows up villager, then you've made a huge wolf play.

Lathum - another reason we need to lynch Sal today. A CR lynch tells us nothing about JAG. I will say that JAG bought a lot of trust with his defense of Jackal and I generally think his analysis is solid. I don't think he's playing a wolf game, but that's just my feeling.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:49 PM   #580
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwardzala View Post
This, plus I did not want a run away on Saldana, as it doesn't tell us as much as a close race.

lol, a tie doesn't tell us anything at all
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #581
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Sure it does. We still get a lynch. JAG got out early so he owns the tiebreaker.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:50 PM   #582
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA - But I agree. It would be better to get a clean lynch. Come join us voting for CR.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #583
bhlloy
Coordinator

Here's how I see it. We can discuss JAG and mauboy and what we think of them tomorrow. Right now we're tied and the other candidate is somebody who is very likely to be a villager. We have at least one villager on CR right now who is participating in the thread.

So what's it going to be? Does anybody actually think that lynching CR makes sense today? I'll switch to him to avoid a tie, but it just seems like a stupid play.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #584
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:

A tie lynch's saldana because the mechanism is first vote.
Old 03-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #585
bhlloy
Coordinator

ah ok, cool
Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #586
bhlloy
Coordinator

Lathum - what's your gut say on this one?
Old 03-28-2011, 08:53 PM   #587
dwardzala
H.S. Freshman Team

I have no problem switching to Saldana to ensure we get the most info out of this lynch.

Unvote CR
Vote Saldana
Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 PM   #588
Autumn
Head Coach

Vote count as of post 587

5 Saldana - JAG (503), bhlloy (506), Lathum (551), chief rum (553), dwardzala (587)
3 chief rum - mauboy1 (512), saldana (555), Barkeep49 (562)
Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #589
Autumn
Head Coach

Deadline
Old 03-28-2011, 09:01 PM   #590
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Here's how I see it. We can discuss JAG and mauboy and what we think of them tomorrow. Right now we're tied and the other candidate is somebody who is very likely to be a villager. We have at least one villager on CR right now who is participating in the thread.

So what's it going to be? Does anybody actually think that lynching CR makes sense today? I'll switch to him to avoid a tie, but it just seems like a stupid play.

If Saldana ends up as a wolf, it doesn't mean there needs to be discussion on me and JAG only. We know I'm a villager and everyone seems to be gung-ho about me as the cultist. If Saldana comes up as a wolf I still will have my eyes on JAG possibly. We have NO way of knowing if JAG is a villager and his move would be absolutely awesome if we claimed him as a villager and he made the move to vote out his last wolf buddy. He gains trust but not a pass.

That being said lets cross our fingers for a freakin' wolf tonight.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #591
Autumn
Head Coach

As the sun is almost sunk, and the moon beginning to rise the villagers finally swing into action. Action must be taken, whether it's folly or not, as only lynching a werewolf can stop the murder tonight.

Only two candidates see their names put down today and when all is counted it is Saldana who is chosen to die. He is hauled up to the gallows, the bodies of the innocent villagers buried, but the body of a werewolf still hanging nearby. Saldana says nothing as the noose is put on him and he is dropped. The villagers let out a cry of fear and relief though as they watch his body change, twisting into a powerful and evil form, half lman and half wolf. They watch in fear until they are sure that he is dead.

Saldana was a werewolf.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:04 PM   #592
Autumn
Head Coach

Night descends on the village. Perhaps this is the end to their terror?

Submit all night actions by 11 pm EST.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:05 PM   #593
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well I'm glad this outcome came out well.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:06 PM   #594
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Hallelujah.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #595
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck bhlloy.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #596
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Great BLOCK! It was basically a 1 out of 3 shot at getting the block; pretty good chances if you ask me. If his announcing his blocks for the previous night caused them to pick himself, that's a pretty sweet maneuver.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:11 PM   #597
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

And not fully disclosing the truth, that is.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:13 PM   #598
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Great BLOCK! It was basically a 1 out of 3 shot at getting the block; pretty good chances if you ask me. If his announcing his blocks for the previous night caused them to pick himself, that's a pretty sweet maneuver.

umm, night actions aren't processed yet
Old 03-28-2011, 09:31 PM   #599
bhlloy
Coordinator

could you be trying harder to be the cultist?
Old 03-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #600
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Night descends on the village. Perhaps this is the end to their terror?

Submit all night actions by 11 pm EST.

lol I thought by his first sentence the night was over, I didn't even read the second line. I'm distracted watching the Amazing Race; my bad. I'm off to bed.