Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-23-2011, 09:30 AM   #551
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
The tribe will not drink this ... creature's water. Spill it above the sands of Arakis, let the desert take its due.

And I guess I owe Pass an apology, eh.

No worries dude. Since you saved my butt Day 2, I can't complain too much. Now let's go out there and rock this thing!

I think it'd be nice if we could get the uncleareds to lock their votes in early in the day Monday, maybe 3 EST or something, then the cleareds could use that info to help us decide. Obviously, we can't force those votes to be locked, but we can call some shenanigans if they switch it on us.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 PM   #552
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I hate that you jerks started this fucking game based on one of my 3 favorite literary series of all time, while I was in the damn box!!!!!!!!
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #553
The Jackal
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
I hate that you jerks started this fucking game based on one of my 3 favorite literary series of all time, while I was in the damn box!!!!!!!!

You can help settle the debate! Sting or scifi?
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:17 PM   #554
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post

sorry DT...i had no idea you were boxed...i was wondering why you never even answered the PM
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 06:59 AM   #555
saldana
Pro Starter

The night seems interminable.

Encouraged by the death of Darth Vilus, you are all eager to press on in your search for any more who would dare to challenge the mission of the Lisan-al-Gaib.

Time could not go any slower, but as morning finally breaks, your enthusiasm is dashed upon the rocks as you emerge from your yali's. In front of the door to each of your sleeping chambers is a piece of a human being.

Those of you with hands or legs are unable to tell to whom the dismembered appendages belong. It is not until the head is brought into the central gathering chamber and the face of Ntndeacon is looking back from the arms of Coffee Warlord that the identity is revealed.

To add insult to injury, scrawled across the walls of the gathering area, in what you assume is the blood of NTN, are the words "Hey Atredies, put that in your deathstill and smoke it!"

A search of Ntndeacon's chambers find several long black abi robes...the kind only worn by members of the Bene Gesserit sisterhood.

Ntndeacon was the Truthsayer.

It is now Day 5, votes are due by 10pm EST.

Last edited by saldana : 01-24-2011 at 07:00 AM.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:32 AM   #556
Autumn
Head Coach

Well, that's about as predictable as it gets.

My preliminary vote is on Dubb. If you look back at Darth, well before he became the main lynch target, he gave his breakdown of who the wolves were. Seems to me he carefully did not mention Dubb. He had to mention at least one wolf, I think, but it seems clear he was offering up Cougar out of the two that are hard to get a handle on.

VOTE DUBB
Autumn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:46 AM   #557
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Last 2 days of voting, with cleared/dead people removed.

5 Raiders Army -- Autumn
2 PackerFanatic --
3 Autumn -- PackerFanatic, dubb93, courgarfreak

5 Darth Vilus -- Autumn, Dubb
3 Autumn -- CougarFreak
1 Cougar -- Packerfan
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 08:49 AM   #558
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

Time to get back in the swing of things after an awesome weekend

Very happy to see that we got a wolf finally, even if I wasn't around to help with that vote. An obvious NK last night for the wolves...now to sniff out the remaining few.
PackerFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 AM   #559
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

All days of voting, with cleared/dead people removed, but with DV's votes added back in.

5 MartinD -- Autumn, Packer Fanatic, DV
4 Autumn --
2 Schmidty --
1 PackerFanatic --
1 Chief Rum -- cougarfreak

2 Autumn --
4 Passacagllia -- PackerFanatic, cougarfreak
1 Raiders Army -- DV
1 Darth Vilus --
1 Telle --
3 The Jackal -- Autumn

5 Raiders Army -- Autumn, DV
2 PackerFanatic --

3 Autumn -- CougarFreak, DV
1 Cougar -- Packerfan

Which leads me to the case against Cougar. We're going to assume for the time being that I've been wrong about Autumn.

Day 1 - Obviously there's another wolf on Autumn there, but it's insane to think ALL the wolves were on Martin. Leaving...cougar.

Day 2 - 2 uncleared on Pass, who WAS the leading vote getter. Obviously the wolves could put their votes on either Jackal or Pass and be safe there. But, there's cougar again.

Day 3 - One wolf on Raiders. There's a wolf in the Autumn voters, and there's cougar.

Day 4 - And once again, cougar on Autumn.

I think the last couple of days, Cougar has been trying to hide amidst the fact that many of us have been railing on Autumn for days now. With our current info, the day 1 vote is the most damning, and he doesn't do much to improve from there.

Vote CougarFreak
Old 01-24-2011, 09:37 AM   #560
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I still don't have a good feeling about Autumn, but he did lead a convincing charge against DV (which would be dangerous as a fellow wolf). I voted for Cougar on Friday and still feel he is probably the top candidate today.

VOTE COUGARFREAK
Old 01-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #561
Danny
Head Coach

The voting record doesn't look great for cougar, but one thing besides what autumn mentioned that sticks out to me Is how cougar was insistent on voting pass on friday. If he was a wolf (with pming abilities) it would have made much more sense to either vote autumn earlier to help protect dv or to vote dv to get trust.
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 10:20 AM   #562
Danny
Head Coach

vote dubb

This isn't set in stone but let's see what shakes out of a dubb / cougar run off
Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:42 PM   #563
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana View Post
sorry DT...i had no idea you were boxed...i was wondering why you never even answered the PM

It's okay. I blame Lathum - I told him to tell you I was boxed!!

Then again he's got a new job and all...poor dude has a lot on his mind.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:45 PM   #564
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
You can help settle the debate! Sting or scifi?

There's a debate?? Seriously!?!??!

I come down enthusiastically on the side of SciFi Channel. By far.

The whole "sonic weapon" thing in the David Lynch version killed basically the whole movie - although Patrick Stewart did his best to try to redeem it.

Although some of the sietch scenes in the movie were superior - and the intro monologue of the Lynch version is by far the better intro.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:50 PM   #565
The Jackal
Coordinator

Good man, I think the count is scifi 3, lynch 2. Winner winner chicken dinner!
(will stop hijacking the thread now, go fremen!)
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 01:52 PM   #566
Autumn
Head Coach

For my part, I haven't seen the miniseries yet, but I would imagine it is better just for having more time to explore it, more recent production values, etc. I just never got how much hate the Lynch version got. I thought it was decent.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:37 PM   #567
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny View Post
but one thing besides what autumn mentioned that sticks out to me Is how cougar was insistent on voting pass on friday. If he was a wolf (with pming abilities) it would have made much more sense to either vote autumn earlier to help protect dv or to vote dv to get trust.

Eh, makes perfect sense to me. A wolf would want to bring a seer reveal into question. What better way to do that than to insist a guy that the seer cleared be lynched? As a wolf he had to know that NTN wasn't lying about being the seer, so why not push to get the village to get rid of a seer clear?

I voted DV late when I had a chance to tie it up because I thought the argument against DV made the most sense. I would not have voted the one wolf who could hide from the seer(and make all of the seer scans concrete when he gets lynched) if I was a wolf. The cunning wolf going down is worst case for the wolves especially the day of a seer reveal. As a wolf I would not vote to kill the cunning when I could have voted to save him.

Therefore I will

Vote Cougar
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 02:47 PM   #568
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Hmm. Packers and Dubb, two of the three untrusted people (who aren't cougar), both joining the bandwagon.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:49 PM   #569
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I don't have a feeling about dubb one way or another, to be honest. I still am distrustful of Autumn and I had voted for Cougar on Friday, hence why I stuck with him today.
Old 01-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #570
Autumn
Head Coach

Just caught up on the thoughts today. PackerFan points a finger at me, and votes Cougar, but doesn't mention Dubb at all. Dubb in turn defends his vote, votes Cougar, but makes no attempt to paint a case against Cougar, and does not mention PF at all. This helps solidify my thought that it's PF and Dubb as the last two. They're carefully not talking about each other. FWIW, of course Dubb votes DV as he's going down. You don't want to be the wolf who avoids a late vote on a wolf who's about to be revealed.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:01 PM   #571
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

UNVOTE COUGARFREAK
VOTE DUBB

Trying to show my allegiance here, since if it makes any difference at all
Old 01-24-2011, 03:15 PM   #572
cougarfreak
College Starter

Well, I'm going to obviously have to defend myself here.......I've tried to hang back and see how the game was played, I was wrong on the seer. I'll vote for the one who looks like it's going to be a runoff with. I don't know how to defend myself other than to say on day 1, I was totally guessing.

vote Dubb
Old 01-24-2011, 03:40 PM   #573
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Hmm. Packers and Dubb, two of the three untrusted people (who aren't cougar), both joining the bandwagon.

It is easy to call it a bandwagon when you aren't the one with the votes on you. I show up, it is clear everyone has made it a day where it is either me or Cougar and I vote Cougar. Not sure how that is me joining the bandwagon when my other option is to vote for myself which would be stupid.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #574
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
UNVOTE COUGARFREAK
VOTE DUBB

Trying to show my allegiance here, since if it makes any difference at all

Say what now?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:42 PM   #575
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Just caught up on the thoughts today. PackerFan points a finger at me, and votes Cougar, but doesn't mention Dubb at all. Dubb in turn defends his vote, votes Cougar, but makes no attempt to paint a case against Cougar, and does not mention PF at all. This helps solidify my thought that it's PF and Dubb as the last two. They're carefully not talking about each other. FWIW, of course Dubb votes DV as he's going down. You don't want to be the wolf who avoids a late vote on a wolf who's about to be revealed.

I'd love to talk about PF today, but you guys made it either me or Cougar. Seriously what did you expect me to do vote for Ralph Nader? Of course I'm going to make my vote count in a meaningful way to save myself here.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:43 PM   #576
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
It is easy to call it a bandwagon when you aren't the one with the votes on you. I show up, it is clear everyone has made it a day where it is either me or Cougar and I vote Cougar. Not sure how that is me joining the bandwagon when my other option is to vote for myself which would be stupid.

Well you have (and had) many many hours to suggest a different candidate. Who then would you vote if you had your druthers, if not Cougar??
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #577
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Say what now?

I'm pretty sure PF just revealed as the Fremen Traitor and did a poor enough job at it that everyone caught it.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #578
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I meant to say "see" if it makes any difference. Not sure if thats what you were "say what"-ing, but just wanted to make that clear, haha.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:56 PM   #579
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
All days of voting, with cleared/dead people removed, but with DV's votes added back in.

5 MartinD -- Autumn, Packer Fanatic, DV
4 Autumn --
2 Schmidty --
1 PackerFanatic --
1 Chief Rum -- cougarfreak

2 Autumn --
4 Passacagllia -- PackerFanatic, cougarfreak
1 Raiders Army -- DV
1 Darth Vilus --
1 Telle --
3 The Jackal -- Autumn

5 Raiders Army -- Autumn, DV
2 PackerFanatic --

3 Autumn -- CougarFreak, DV
1 Cougar -- Packerfan

Which leads me to the case against Cougar. We're going to assume for the time being that I've been wrong about Autumn.

Day 1 - Obviously there's another wolf on Autumn there, but it's insane to think ALL the wolves were on Martin. Leaving...cougar.

Day 2 - 2 uncleared on Pass, who WAS the leading vote getter. Obviously the wolves could put their votes on either Jackal or Pass and be safe there. But, there's cougar again.

Day 3 - One wolf on Raiders. There's a wolf in the Autumn voters, and there's cougar.

Day 4 - And once again, cougar on Autumn.

I think the last couple of days, Cougar has been trying to hide amidst the fact that many of us have been railing on Autumn for days now. With our current info, the day 1 vote is the most damning, and he doesn't do much to improve from there.

Vote CougarFreak

CW, are you sure about the day 4 vote being 5-3? For some reason, I thought that it was a one-vote margin, and that if I moved from DV to Autumn, then Autumn would have been on top, not a tie.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:58 PM   #580
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by PackerFanatic View Post
I meant to say "see" if it makes any difference. Not sure if thats what you were "say what"-ing, but just wanted to make that clear, haha.

My "say what" was about you showing your allegiance. What's that supposed to mean?
Old 01-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #581
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Considering I did that list first thing in the morning from various posts, and didn't completely verify it, no, no I'm not.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:03 PM   #582
Passacaglia
Coordinator

No, CW, you're right. I missed that Danny unvoted Autumn when he voted DV. 5-3 was right.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:06 PM   #583
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

OF COURSE I WAS! HOW CAN YOU DOUBT ME!
Old 01-24-2011, 04:14 PM   #584
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Well at this point I'm pretty sure PF is the traitor and if there is another wolf then it most likely has to be Cougar. If no one wants to vote Cougar I will go for the traitor then.

Unvote Cougar
Vote PF
Old 01-24-2011, 04:29 PM   #585
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Doesn't the Fremen Traitor count as a villager?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:30 PM   #586
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

No. Saldana explicity stated way early that the traitor counted as a wolf.

At least that's how I remember it.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:31 PM   #587
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saldana
and just to clarify, the Fremen Traitor, if he exists, is a wolf, and counts as a wolf, and will scan as a wolf...there is no conversion in this game...i dont like conversions.

Yep.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:33 PM   #588
Passacaglia
Coordinator

So, how is he different from a wolf?
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #589
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Fremen Traitor - you are a Fremen, but the lure of power promised by Baron Harkonnen has given you cause to abandon your own people to try to collect the reward placed upon the head of Muad'dib.

Intelligence from the Baron's spy network has told you that Muad'dib has left Sietch Tabr, and his whereabouts are now unknown. The possibility that he may be en route to Sietch Bwarin has given you the hope that you may achieve your goal and fulfill the wishes of the Baron.

Those Who Stand Against the Righteous have unlimited communications between themselves with the exception of the Fremen Traitor. The Fremen Traitor is unknown to the others that Stand Against until he discovers one of them with his nightly scan, or he is the target of the nightkill attempt, at which time he will be revealed to them and gain the communication privileges.

----

So he's a wolf without comm powers, and likely a secret win condition.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #590
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Unless he scanned one of them already.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:11 PM   #591
Autumn
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Well at this point I'm pretty sure PF is the traitor and if there is another wolf then it most likely has to be Cougar. If no one wants to vote Cougar I will go for the traitor then.

Unvote Cougar
Vote PF

Aren't several other people voting Cougar along with you? This seems odd.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:31 PM   #592
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Aren't several other people voting Cougar along with you? This seems odd.

I'm not sure what your game is here. First I vote Cougar in self defense and I'm joining a bandwagon and you tell me I have time to come up with a better candidate. Then PF basically outs himself as the Freman Traitor so I switch b/c I don't know for sure that Cougar is a wolf and you call it odd. I'm thinking at this point that you are looking at the day through tunnel vision. There is no saving grace here, despite how silly you are going to look when I turn up a villager. At the end of the day a vote for me is a vote for a villager and despite our success yesterday(where my vote clinched DV's lynch when I could have tied it up) I'm not sure we can afford to waste today on me, especially if the brutal is still out there along with the Traitor.
Old 01-24-2011, 05:35 PM   #593
Autumn
Head Coach

You stated in your post "If no one wants to vote Cougar I will vote the traitor." My question is what makes you think no one wants to vote Cougar when he's in a neck to neck race with you?
Old 01-24-2011, 05:45 PM   #594
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
You stated in your post "If no one wants to vote Cougar I will vote the traitor." My question is what makes you think no one wants to vote Cougar when he's in a neck to neck race with you?

Let me fix it. "I don't want to vote Cougar. I want to vote PF. I think he outted himself as the Traitor."
Old 01-24-2011, 05:53 PM   #595
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

I am not sure how my post outs me as the traitor...
Old 01-24-2011, 06:00 PM   #596
PackerFanatic
Pro Starter

UNVOTE DUBB
VOTE AUTUMN

I am sticking with my initial thinking - something has been rubbing me wrong about Autumn's play of late anyway, so I might as well go with my gut.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:25 PM   #597
Autumn
Head Coach

Today's vote history:

Autumn votes Dubb (1-0 Dubb)
Coffeewarlord votes Cougar (1-1 Dubb-Cougar)
PackerFan votes Cougar (2-1 Cougar-Dubb)
Danny votes Dubb (2-2 Cougar-Dubb)
Dubb votes Cougar (3-2 Cougar-Dubb)
PackerFan unvotes Cougar (2-2 Cougar-Dubb)
PackerFan votes Dubb (3-2 Dubb-Cougar)
Cougar votes Dubb (4-2 Dubb-Cougar)
Dubb unvotes Cougar (4-1 Dubb-Cougar)
Dubb votes PackerFan (4-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-Packerfan)
PackerFan unvotes Dubb (3-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-PackerFan)
packerFan votes Autumn (3-1-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-PackerFan-Autumn)
Old 01-24-2011, 06:26 PM   #598
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Today's vote history:

Autumn votes Dubb (1-0 Dubb)
Coffeewarlord votes Cougar (1-1 Dubb-Cougar)
PackerFan votes Cougar (2-1 Cougar-Dubb)
Danny votes Dubb (2-2 Cougar-Dubb)
Dubb votes Cougar (3-2 Cougar-Dubb)
PackerFan unvotes Cougar (2-2 Cougar-Dubb)
PackerFan votes Dubb (3-2 Dubb-Cougar)
Cougar votes Dubb (4-2 Dubb-Cougar)
Dubb unvotes Cougar (4-1 Dubb-Cougar)
Dubb votes PackerFan (4-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-Packerfan)
PackerFan unvotes Dubb (3-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-PackerFan)
packerFan votes Autumn (3-1-1-1 Dubb-Cougar-PackerFan-Autumn)

Are there two wolves left? It seems to me that Dubb and PF are trying to cause all kinds of confusion.
Old 01-24-2011, 06:37 PM   #599
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

This would be far easier if they tried to kill me at night already.
Old 01-24-2011, 07:24 PM   #600
Passacaglia
Coordinator

What's up with the dubb votes? Doesn't his late vote for DV yesterday make him lean good?