Grizzled Veteran

bah
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #552
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Taking home one last prize for the wolves, DT?

yep. and destroying that pesky access card
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #553
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

BAWHAHAHAHA
Old 11-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #554
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

Huh, my answer was brown

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:42 PM   #555
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

so it's safe to say DT is gonna die and hoops is near the top of the trust list.

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #556
hoopsguy
General Manager

Feel like sharing what the Agonizer did, as long as we've got a few hours to kill?
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:43 PM   #557
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

The correct answer has been submitted, and the prize rewarded. The captain's access has been destroyed by the person in question.

As already mentioned, the correct answer was III (The Search For Spock) and VII (Generations)

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:44 PM   #558
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Feel like sharing what the Agonizer did, as long as we've got a few hours to kill?

i don't know, or really more likely remember.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:50 PM   #559
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I think even to regular fans, this was a tricky one.

In pretty much every movie, the Enterprise is either destroyed, damaged or seriosuly threatened.

There's a reason that, by Star Trek: Insurrections (the latest Star Trek chronologically in the universe), the Enterprise is already on USS Enterprise-E.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #560
hoopsguy
General Manager

DT, isn't it kind of liberating opening up and confessing to being a wolf?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:52 PM   #561
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
DT, isn't it kind of liberating opening up and confessing to being a wolf?

well i've got my 2-for-1 trade, so that's all well and good
Old 11-13-2009, 03:53 PM   #562
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

While we're waiting, something else I thought of...

If the other good wolf (besides Scotty and Kirk) is Uhura, depending on how the mechanism works, we could be at her mercy tonight.

Quote:
Uhura is so persuasive a speaker and communicator that she may, one time in the game, persuade the ship's crew to throw another player in the brig.

There are two ways of reading that.

1. Throw another player in the brig = throw a different player in the brig (a wolf Duke)
2. Throw another player in the brig = throw an additional player in the brig. How the extra person would be chosen, I don't know (runner up lynch vote? Wolf's choice?)

Thoughts anyone?
Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #563
hoopsguy
General Manager

I recommend that you take out Lerriuqs, if you are suggesting you are the brutal. You can never be too careful about those pesky doctors ...
Old 11-13-2009, 03:54 PM   #564
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
While we're waiting, something else I thought of...

If the other good wolf (besides Scotty and Kirk) is Uhura, depending on how the mechanism works, we could be at her mercy tonight.

There are two ways of reading that.

1. Throw another player in the brig = throw a different player in the brig (a wolf Duke)
2. Throw another player in the brig = throw an additional player in the brig. How the extra person would be chosen, I don't know (runner up lynch vote? Wolf's choice?)

Thoughts anyone?

it's 1
Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #565
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I recommend that you take out Lerriuqs, if you are suggesting you are the brutal. You can never be too careful about those pesky doctors ...

not the brutal.

i mean since i wasn't lynched last night we had last night's kill plus tonight's kill in exchange for me
Old 11-13-2009, 03:55 PM   #566
hoopsguy
General Manager

JAG, I would be very surprised if the wolves had both the ability to stop a lynch entirely as well as an "evil duke". Just my two cents.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #567
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
not the brutal.

i mean since i wasn't lynched last night we had last night's kill plus tonight's kill in exchange for me

Well congrats on taking out a vanilla villager last night. You guys really kind of suck at finding the seer.

I'm pretty sure I would have gotten him two nights ago Guess I'll find out after the game ...
Old 11-13-2009, 04:09 PM   #568
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
JAG, I would be very surprised if the wolves had both the ability to stop a lynch entirely as well as an "evil duke". Just my two cents.

Seems like a reasonable assumption. If that's true, the only roles the last wolf could reasonably be would be McCoy or Nurse Chapel, unless there's a red shirt wolf around.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:14 PM   #569
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

unvote leriqs
vote dt

so
much for no runaway :P

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #570
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

so DT... your brutal?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:18 PM   #571
hoopsguy
General Manager

So in the event that DT is telling the truth, then why in the world did he use his power yesterday when the votes had moved to 3-3 with him and Lerriuqs?

He races out to a 4-1 lead at one point, then it settles into a 3-3 race with a villager (if the Lerriuqs reveal is to be believed), the rules do not include any restrictions suggesting Scotty's order has to be in "x hours/minutes before deadline" ... this seems like a pretty bad play for the wolves if their guy was going to live and a villager had a good chance of dying.

I mean, they could have waited until 1 minute before deadline to submit the order, or probably even given a conditional around "if Scotty is 2+ votes back of a villager at one minute to deadline then don't activate the power. Otherwise, use it" to really give themselves the best scenario.

This just does not add up to me, no matter what wolf role DT has if Lerriuqs is a villager.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:22 PM   #572
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
Seems like a reasonable assumption. If that's true, the only roles the last wolf could reasonably be would be McCoy or Nurse Chapel, unless there's a red shirt wolf around.

What sense does a wolf soothsayer make in the game? That leaves McCoy, and that role has been claimed.

I'll wait to see what role DT has upon death, but I'm awfully suspicious of the Lerriuqs reveal and the lead-up to the "no lynch" yesterday right now.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:27 PM   #573
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So in the event that DT is telling the truth, then why in the world did he use his power yesterday when the votes had moved to 3-3 with him and Lerriuqs?

He races out to a 4-1 lead at one point, then it settles into a 3-3 race with a villager (if the Lerriuqs reveal is to be believed), the rules do not include any restrictions suggesting Scotty's order has to be in "x hours/minutes before deadline" ... this seems like a pretty bad play for the wolves if their guy was going to live and a villager had a good chance of dying.

I mean, they could have waited until 1 minute before deadline to submit the order, or probably even given a conditional around "if Scotty is 2+ votes back of a villager at one minute to deadline then don't activate the power. Otherwise, use it" to really give themselves the best scenario.

This just does not add up to me, no matter what wolf role DT has if Lerriuqs is a villager.

i put in my order before i left for the day - neither of my fellow wolves were going to be around. we felt that the tradeoff that we were getting was more than worth it considering the amount of pressure that i was under and the position that we are at in the game.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #574
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
What sense does a wolf soothsayer make in the game?

About the same as a wolf doctor when we're throwing players in the brig. Either of those roles or a red shirt role would be vanilla unless they ended up being brutal / cunning.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:29 PM   #575
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

my order had to be in by the deadline and i didn't want to chance any sort of "if i'm up by x number of votes so far before the deadline" monkeyass sort of conditional. we made the determination that the heat on me wasn't likely to go away and so i put in the conditional. figure getting two-for-one when you guys are already -4 villagers was a great tradeoff.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:37 PM   #576
hoopsguy
General Manager

Hmm, I would think that WolfTorgo would be encouraging my suspicion of a roled villager like Lerriuqs, not rationalizing his decision. Very odd.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #577
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
okay - i need to be on the 12:35pm train and then i'll likely be out of touch until sometime close to deadline. hopefully before deadline...i can't imagine our "6pm drinks" thing will last until 9pm...

However, this post does somewhat jive with DT's suggestion that he was out until deadline ... sounds like he hopes to be back, but is not sure.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #578
hoopsguy
General Manager

Other thing to consider - what would the wolves have done with their votes if there was agreement that they were just going to have DT hit reboot on the day? Vote for him, use it as pseudo-leverage of their good voting record later? Stay away from the vote, so as not to attract attention? I'm really not sure what I would consider optimal strategy here, but I can't believe that they exercised it if Lerriuqs is a villager.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:48 PM   #579
hoopsguy
General Manager

Looking over the rules, it does not look like there is a cunning wolf role.

Good Kirk - scans for Spock, if killer his victim cannot be saved.
Good Uhura - wolf duke
Good Scotty - we've already seen what he does

None of the "evil version" roles listed have a "scan as good" option which would have the opposite reaction when flipped to a good character.

For what it is worth, this makes me trust Lerriuqs reveal a little bit more.
Old 11-13-2009, 04:50 PM   #580
hoopsguy
General Manager

With no cunning and no brutal, maybe the wolves did get both "duke" + "no lynch" roles.

It still seems like quite a bit in terms of being able to manage the lynch process. 12-3-1 split in character roles seems pretty standard, I would think it would be more like 14/15 villagers against them to grant them that kind of lynch control.

Oh well, out until after the deadline.
Old 11-13-2009, 05:14 PM   #581
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
The remaining wolves will be "good" versions of the above evil roles listed in the village section, except for Spock (good Spock is not in this game). The cunning and brutal powers common to WW games may be assigned to any of them.

Normally I would let the village run with whatever they read into the rules, but I think this is a key piece of information. I have seen other GMs in other games make similar posts when the complete opposite of a rule is posted in the game.

So I wanted to be sure everyone is aware that the cunning and brutal aspects of WW are quite possibly in the game, as noted in the bolded sentence above.

The only wolf ineligible for cunning/brutal possibilities is Kirk.

Old 11-13-2009, 05:55 PM   #582
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

I was going to point it out anyway, as I alluded to above when I stated that the other role would be vanilla unless it was brutal / cunning.
Old 11-13-2009, 06:55 PM   #583
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

doesn't matter much but just to let everyone know I'm gonna be gone about 15 min before deadline, i have league tonight

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-13-2009, 07:38 PM   #584
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
With that said. I think DT's a wolf.

Vote DT

This vote is form long ago, so forgive me for not noticing it until now, but lerriuqs, your vote is already on DT at this time.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:40 PM   #585
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I think that's exactly what it was based on my knowledge.

VOTE HOOPSGUY

This vote doesn't count, as DT still has a vote on claphasma from yesterday (Post 422)

Old 11-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #586
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sure, DT. We'll see how that thought looks after the lynch today.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

Ditto.

I think people are forgetting they votred yesterday. hoops needs to unvote lerriuqs for this vote to count.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:42 PM   #587
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
alrighty

VOTE DADDYTORGO

adios, you better be a wolf or hoops is shooting straight up my radar

Same as hoops. Doesn't count, vote is on lerriuqs.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #588
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE DT
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #589
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Methinks I should have stressed how votes rolled over.

I don't think it matters; DT seems to be the choice anyway, short of a late swing.

Here is the Vote Count I have:

Vote Count as of Post #587

DaddyTorgo (7)-- Danny (413), dubb93 (425), lerriuqs (426), JAG (502), Schmidty (516), The Jackal (531), claphamsa (569)
lerrieuqs (2)-- hoopsguy (448), Darth Vilus (475)
claphamsa (1)-- DaddyTorgo (422)

All players have voted

Last edited by Chief Rum : 11-13-2009 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-13-2009, 07:47 PM   #590
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
VOTE DT

Thanks! But your vote's already on DT!

Old 11-13-2009, 07:59 PM   #591
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Time check

Old 11-13-2009, 08:01 PM   #592
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Deadline

Old 11-13-2009, 08:03 PM   #593
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Writeup coming.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:19 PM   #594
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Brought back to the reality by the sad death of yet another member of the security team in Danny, the crew seems set to put someone in the brig today, and not let their concentration wander off.

They were suspicious of DaddyTorgo before the accident, and their beliefs remain as staunch after the accident as before. When it comes to time to make the arrest, the security team moves forward on DaddyTorgo.

As he is apprehended, it soon becomes clear to all present that DaddyTorgo is none other than THE GOOD SCOTTY!!!

It all makes sense now, with the sabotage in the engine room yesterday. It was Scotty all along, and clearly the chief engineer they normally depend on is suffering right now in the Good Universe.

The crew puts up a cheer at this discovery, as the security team pat down DaddyTorgo. That's when they find a datapad tucked away in DaddyTorgo's backpocket.

As they pull it out, Scotty looks in the other direction, acting as if it was never in his possession? Could this be a tip? A hint to the location of another wolf?

Mr. Spock takes the datapad and runs over the data shown there.

With a quizzacle raise of his eyebrow, Mr. Spock turns and looks right at The Jackal.

"Lieutenant Uhura, there is data here showing your access card was used at all the times and spots of the three murders the past three nights!" Spock says.

The Jackal looks confused and then angry.

"How can this be? This is a frame! I am loyal to the Evil Universe, I swear it," she says.

"That may well be, Lieutenant, but in these troubling times, we cannot take that chance," Spock says thoughtfully. "We will need to investigate this further. In the meantime, I must ask you to be escorted to the brig along with Mr. Scotty."

Redshirts approach The Jackal and arrest her as well, and soon both she and DaddyTorgo are being led away. The crew is somber--Uhura is a popular member of the crew, but they know Spock is correct. Just before being taken away, Daddy Torgo looks back at The Jackal--in such a way that no one else can see--and winks at her with a devilish grin.

DADDYTORGO HAS BEEN BRIGGED. HE WAS THE GOOD MR. SCOTTY!!

HE FRAMED THE JACKAL, WHO HAS ALSO BEEN BRIGGED. THE JACKAL WAS THE EVIL LT. UHURA!!

Night actions coming.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:25 PM   #595
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

BAWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

GO WOLVES!!!!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 08:34 PM   #596
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Although shaken by the day's events, the crew seems resolute and cheerful at finally uncovering one of the wolves terrorizing their ship.

Can they grab another? And how many are left?

Unfortunately, they soon find there is at least one.

A pass through the security cameras near the Ensigns' bunkers shows that JAG was returning from his daily duties when someone barely off camera--someone who knew just where to stand--motioned for him to stop. When he did and looked closer, a look of shock and dismay came over his face. A moment later, a bright blast came out of the shadows from the hidden figure, and in seconds, the carbon and hydrogen and oxygen that once formed the person of JAG become nothing more than a pile of smoldering, phasered ash on the hallway floor.

JAG WAS YET ANOTHER EVIL ENSIGN SMITH!!!

The wolves strike again!

We will now take a break for the weekend and resume play on Monday. The prize on Monday will be one time access to the Tantalus Field, a powerful weapon of little known effect. Trivia Contest scheduled for 4:30 p.m. EST/1:30 p.m. PDT.

The deadline will be 9 p.m. EST/6 p.m. PDT (although I am scheduled to work that night, so I will be running results late).

Old 11-13-2009, 08:36 PM   #597
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Good luck village, at least they missed Spock again.
Old 11-13-2009, 08:37 PM   #598
KWhit
Coordinator

GO WOLVES!!!!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:03 PM   #599
Schmidty
Coordinator

That's not very nice.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:16 PM   #600
hoopsguy
General Manager

Will Spock please come out and reveal their information at this point? I can't see any scenario that makes sense for not revealing, even if they are only clearing themselves.

Guess I was wrong on Spock, too - also a bummer to see both of the top people on my trust list go down.