Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 06-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #551
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
So...I'm thoroughly enjoying this thing. I do have one question that's probably more PS3 related than MLB 09 related.

Is there a patch available for this game? If so...does it auto-install upon boot, or do I have to do something so that it does install? Are there any drawbacks to installing the latest patch?

There is a patch that will autoinstall the first time you load the game while connected to internet.

There is not drawback that i know, and you can't avoid to install it unless you play always disconnected from the net.

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 02:48 PM   #552
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

roger...so I must already have it. tnx
Old 06-15-2009, 05:47 PM   #553
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So...I've been reading about this RTTS "crash and burn" glitch that has been crashing peoples careers. I heard something about simming all batting practice sessions in September, then I read something about some september 14th fix released in the last patch. What's the deal? Is this thing fixed or not...and if not, is there a workaround?
Old 06-19-2009, 10:21 AM   #554
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

So I just had to share this with someone.

I'm now on the Twins in the year 2015. I have improved significantly since earning a spot in the starting rotation early in 2014 on the Orioles and again after the Twins claimed me off waivers later that same year. The Twins finished with a total of 43 wins. FORTY THREE.

I'm 10 starts into the 2015 season now, and I have been getting absolutely nothing for run support. My record is 1-5, but I went back to check how many runs my team has scored for me in the first 6 innings of games I have pitched.

8 runs.

I have gotten a total of 8 runs of support in 60 innings pitched. I'm trying really hard to stick it out with one team without asking for a trade for a full year since I have bounced around a bit...but these guys are making it REALLY hard.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-19-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Sun Tzu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 03:52 PM   #555
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Not sure if I've encountered a bug/glitch here, but as soon as the year 2017 hits i'm unable to view the League Transactions (League Roundup) page without the system freezing. I checked over at the OS forums and there is at least one other person who has had the same exact error as me, even having it in 2017.

On a side note, I asked for a trade away from the Twins right before the deadline in my contract year. They traded me to the Redsox who at the time were first in the AL East. I worked out of the pen until September when they moved me into the #5 starter spot. We made the playoffs as a wildcard team by 1 game over the Yankees, but lost in 5 games against the Angels in the ALDS. I pitched the deciding game, and only allowed 2 runs in 7 innings pitched, but lately I've been getting zero run support. In the following season I'm currently about to have my 4th start of the year and I have yet to get one total run of run support.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 06-20-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:40 PM   #556
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I generally don't mind the little sound bites from games. I do have to say that the one duo of idiots is really starting to get on my nerves. The "put it on the board" idiots. Who the hell are they?
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:27 PM   #557
dervack
College Prospect

Hawk Harrelson and Darin Jackson. Hawk is one of the worst announcers in baseball.
dervack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:28 PM   #558
RainMaker
General Manager

They let Darin Jackson go this year and it's now Steve Stone as the color guy. Stone is the best in the business in my opinion. Hawk is probably the worst.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2009, 09:37 PM   #559
RainMaker
General Manager

I had a lot of trouble at first hitting but I've finally "figured it out" in a way. Finished AA hitting .300 and am now in AAA hitting around .260. It feels like the better my ratings became, the more teams pitch around me too. I only walked 10 times my first year in AA but am already at 20 at the mid-season mark in AAA. If pitching around is in the game, it's a really cool feature.

One of the keys to hitting for me is just avoiding anything that isn't near the middle of the plate till I hit 2 strikes. I started with a swing at any strike approach and it caused me to hit a lot of popups and weak grounders.

I've focused on building up my speed and power. CF starts with real low power so just getting it up a little helps get some harder grounders get through holes as well as a few balls in the gap. Don't think I'm going to be a power hitter and am focusing on becoming a guy who can hit .300+ 15 homers and cause some havoc on the basepaths. Speed helps get infield hits and steals which help a lot with getting training points.
Old 06-28-2009, 09:38 PM   #560
RainMaker
General Manager

One other question for those who baserun in RTTS. Do you feel that the batters foul off too many pitches? It feels that almost every hitter that is up when I'm on base fouls off 3+ pitches. Wish there was a way to sim fouled off balls.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:37 AM   #561
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Rainmaker...

I notice at least one or two foul off attempts when I'm on base, but it could also just be the guy you're always hitting in front of. Maybe that's his style?

I just started a RTTS career as a third baseman, and holy SHIT hitting is difficult in this game. What difficulty setting do you play on? I'm on All-Star with default sliders (outside of CPU pickoff being lowered) and I'm hitting a steady .150 about 5 games into my first season in AA. I've got 4 homers, and about 75% of the time that I get a hit it's for an RBI, but I can't seem to hit consistently to save my life.

I know I'm not the most patient...do you turn down pitch speed or something? What camera angle do you use? I think I may be having trouble picking the pitches up after the delivery. I must strike out 1-2 times every game.

Last edited by Sun Tzu : 07-01-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:48 AM   #562
Icy
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
One other question for those who baserun in RTTS. Do you feel that the batters foul off too many pitches? It feels that almost every hitter that is up when I'm on base fouls off 3+ pitches. Wish there was a way to sim fouled off balls.

You you can skip 3/4 of your team mates at balls, don't you? I set it that way in the options, so i don't need to watch them swinging 6+ times.

In case you didn't know about it:
Options -> Gameplay -> RTTS CPU Teammate hitting = (All/Half/Quarter)

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 11:54 AM   #563
Ajaxab
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'd be happy to see the guy hitting behind me foul off some balls. I'm in 2014 hitting third in the order with the Astros and the cleanup guy is nothing but a windmill. He's hitting under the Mendoza line and strikes out seemingly every time I'm on base. If there's two outs, I'm pretty sure I'm not advancing.

So I'm with Sun Tzu on this. It might just be the hitter behind you.
Ajaxab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #564
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Rainmaker...

I notice at least one or two foul off attempts when I'm on base, but it could also just be the guy you're always hitting in front of. Maybe that's his style?

I just started a RTTS career as a third baseman, and holy SHIT hitting is difficult in this game. What difficulty setting do you play on? I'm on All-Star with default sliders (outside of CPU pickoff being lowered) and I'm hitting a steady .150 about 5 games into my first season in AA. I've got 4 homers, and about 75% of the time that I get a hit it's for an RBI, but I can't seem to hit consistently to save my life.

I know I'm not the most patient...do you turn down pitch speed or something? What camera angle do you use? I think I may be having trouble picking the pitches up after the delivery. I must strike out 1-2 times every game.

I turned down the pitch speed 2 notches for AA and will increase it 1 for every level I move up. That may help off the bat till you get a feel for it. Hitting 4 homers that quick is real good. I only hit 1 my first season and 7 my second.

Are you using guess pitch at all? I will usually guess fastball and if I'm right I can usually have the speed nailed down. If it's not a fastball, I'll be real cautious and take most pitches. In fact, my approach has been to look for pitches over the heart of the plate until I have two strikes. Then I'll hack at anything close. My problem early on was swinging at pitches on the corners that I just couldn't do much with besides popping up.

All I can say about hitting is it just takes time to get used to. I struggled a lot at first but eventually was able to start seeing pitches better. We have different players though as mine was already setup with some speed and high contact while yours is probably more power focused. I do know that speed helped a lot in getting infield hits and beating out occasional bunts.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:00 PM   #565
RainMaker
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy View Post
You you can skip 3/4 of your team mates at balls, don't you? I set it that way in the options, so i don't need to watch them swinging 6+ times.

In case you didn't know about it:
Options -> Gameplay -> RTTS CPU Teammate hitting = (All/Half/Quarter)

I do half right now because I have a fast guy and do like to steal when I can. Figured quarter wouldn't give me as many opportunities.
Old 07-01-2009, 04:27 PM   #566
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Quote:
I turned down the pitch speed 2 notches for AA and will increase it 1 for every level I move up. That may help off the bat till you get a feel for it. Hitting 4 homers that quick is real good. I only hit 1 my first season and 7 my second.

Are you using guess pitch at all? I will usually guess fastball and if I'm right I can usually have the speed nailed down. If it's not a fastball, I'll be real cautious and take most pitches. In fact, my approach has been to look for pitches over the heart of the plate until I have two strikes. Then I'll hack at anything close. My problem early on was swinging at pitches on the corners that I just couldn't do much with besides popping up.

All I can say about hitting is it just takes time to get used to. I struggled a lot at first but eventually was able to start seeing pitches better. We have different players though as mine was already setup with some speed and high contact while yours is probably more power focused. I do know that speed helped a lot in getting infield hits and beating out occasional bunts.

It's weird because I didn't plan on making him a power hitter at all. My ratings are somewhere around 50-51 for contact L/R and 40 for power L/R. Myspeed is terrible, which is unfortunate becuase I was hoping I could develop him into a quick player who hits a lot of doubles/triples that occasionally goes yard. So far I'm the complete opposite. I'm pretty good in the field, but the errant throws are somewhat annoying as I already have 6 errors at 3rd.

I'll have to try that strategy. I do guess pitch and location, but I'm thinking of not doing that until I'm in a hitters count.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:26 PM   #567
RainMaker
General Manager

I think speed is real important to work on. You can get a lot of training points through stolen bases as well as scoring runs. I was also able to beat out a lot more hits. I started at a 60 and am now at around a 70.

I wouldn't guess location. I think if you do and it's not in that location, it hurts your contact probability. I just guess the pitch and only swing at stuff I think I can hit. That was probably my biggest change in becoming a better hitter. I will sometimes guess location on 3-0 or 3-1 counts and not swing if it's not in there.

Last edited by RainMaker : 07-01-2009 at 05:28 PM.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #568
EagleFan
Hall Of Famer

I really suck at this game for some reason. Is it much harder than last year's or have my skills gone down dramatically.

My starting pitcher is getting owned in spring trainign so know I'll be in AA to start the season. I'm putting up Adam Eaton numbers, or worse.

My closer got shelled in the opening spring training. In AA the following season I put together a dominating season with 39 saves in 41 opportunities and an ERA under 1. The next season I am in AAA and can't even get back to being a closer as I am getting hit hard, batters hitting around .330 against me with an ERA over 7.

I tried a slugging third baseman but strike out 5 out of every 7 at bats so far. My speedy little centerfielder is doing a little better, but not much.

I know that part of it is me, I swing too often once I get impatient. Another is that I can't make myself stop reacting to screen location of the ball sometimes (where the pitch is at the same location on the screen that would be a good pitch if it was a little longer after release and it seems that my brain tells me to hit the button before I should).

It's frustrating. Last year's I was able to get my pitcher into the majors and put up all star numbers. I also had a shortstop who became the Nationals starting shortstop and I was hitting around .300 with about 15-25 homers per year and about 40-50 steals per year.

Hopefully a little more practice will work.

A few things that I have noticed, does this sound about right to everyone?

- pitchers will bait you even more, if I look fooled badly at a changeup off the plate there seems to be a much better chance that they are cming back with that.
- while pitching it seems tougher to hit your mark early on. It seems much more important to get that control up as I haven't been able to school the hitters by toying with them.
- it seems even more important to pitch off the plate, not just on the corners, a bit more often or hitters start sitting on your pitches.
EagleFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 06:45 PM   #569
RainMaker
General Manager

I feel like they bait me as well. I have trouble with low pitches, especially slow curves. I feel like I get a huge heaping of them after I whiff on one or two of them.
Old 07-01-2009, 08:40 PM   #570
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I just got benched for not swinging at a pitchout on a hit and run
Old 07-02-2009, 06:28 AM   #571
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
I feel like they bait me as well. I have trouble with low pitches, especially slow curves. I feel like I get a huge heaping of them after I whiff on one or two of them.

I always guess low location and fastball. If I know it's a low pitch and it's not a fastball, it makes it a whole lot easier to lay off those curveballs. If the release point is high on the curveball, I know I need to foul it off. Otherwise, I let it go. The slower pitch isn't nearly as disorienting when you know a fastball isn't coming.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2009, 03:49 PM   #572
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Bottom of the 13th, Game 7 of the World Series. Rockies-Yankees. Tulo comes up to bat with a man on and one out. He was 0-5 in the game and I considered taking him out. Instead, I employed the "use who got your here methodology" and well...he rewarded me with a 2-run walk off homer to left to give the Rockies the World Series title.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:30 PM   #573
RainMaker
General Manager

Had one of the coolest moments yet. Leading off I hit one in the gap. Centerfielder dives and misses it. The ball takes a weird bounce off the gap and away from the right fielder. I'm chugging to 3rd thinking I have a nice triple when I see my coach waving me on. I see the cutoff man has just gotten the ball and say fuck it, I'm going to try and score. Throw to the plate is off to the right and I slide in to the left and barely get in there for an inside the park homer.

Pumped my fist and yelled when I got there. Feel like a loser but that was one of the coolest video game moments I've had in awhile.
Old 07-16-2009, 08:36 PM   #574
JetsIn06
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Had one of the coolest moments yet. Leading off I hit one in the gap. Centerfielder dives and misses it. The ball takes a weird bounce off the gap and away from the right fielder. I'm chugging to 3rd thinking I have a nice triple when I see my coach waving me on. I see the cutoff man has just gotten the ball and say fuck it, I'm going to try and score. Throw to the plate is off to the right and I slide in to the left and barely get in there for an inside the park homer.

Pumped my fist and yelled when I got there. Feel like a loser but that was one of the coolest video game moments I've had in awhile.

Don't worry, I think we all do that.
JetsIn06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2009, 09:19 AM   #575
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

I pump my fist for all sorts of reasons.
Old 07-17-2009, 05:21 PM   #576
RainMaker
General Manager

Has anyone hit an inside-the-park homer yet? I don't know if it'll ever happen again. In Miller Park the wall is kind of misshaped in a couple parts and it hit this one part just perfectly to cause the ball to bounce completely away from the right fielder.
Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 PM   #577
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Has anyone hit an inside-the-park homer yet? I don't know if it'll ever happen again. In Miller Park the wall is kind of misshaped in a couple parts and it hit this one part just perfectly to cause the ball to bounce completely away from the right fielder.

I hit one at Fenway with Granderson. Ellsbury sold out on a dive and it went into the nook in deep right center. It wasn't even close, but that's been my only one.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2009, 09:05 AM   #578
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:

Yes my friend hit one against me. I was Washington and he was Florida in Florida. His pinch hitter hit a sinking liner to CF that Milledge dove for and missed. It rolled all the way to the wall and he went around the bases easily. Milledge got hurt on the play, too.
Old 07-18-2009, 12:36 PM   #579
samifan24
Pro Starter

I just started playing the game but I'm 0-3 after my first quick games. I find that hitting is pretty difficult, even on the rookie level. I've also had trouble with relievers being wild right out of the pen even though the game says they're ready. It's almost like they settle down as the game goes along. This is a really impressive game and I'm having a blast even though I've scored something like six runs over my first three games.
Old 07-19-2009, 02:54 PM   #580
RainMaker
General Manager

Well I was called up to the majors in my 3rd year in September and bounced back and forth between AAA and the bigs my 4th year. The 5th year I get the starting CF spot and do pretty well. Hitting .290 with 10 homers and 25 stolen bases at the All-Star break. I actually make the All-Star team too although don't play in the gam.

So all of a sudden out of the blue I get sent down to AAA. This isn't because of not reaching my goals as it happened in the middle of a cycle. The guy who replaced me was 27 and hitting .230 on the year. The move makes no sense to me as I had been playing well with no real competition behind me.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #581
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

My rookie season came in my third year and I played damn near all of the games with the stinkin' Giants. We sucked as a team but I batted about .270.

My sophomore season started off with a BANG. So much so that I probably played for about 4 hours in one night and I started getting a little tired so I had to call it quits. I played less than a half season or so in that time and I was batting a fantastic .422 with 9 HRs. It wasn't quite yet the All Star game, maybe about 15 games or so to it. I wake up the next morning an hour early before work and I completely lost any sweet stroke that I had going on the night before. I think I went about 1 for my next 30 and I was pissed. My average dropped down to about .365 and I had to go to work.

I got home later that night and started up my player again and continued a bad streak, so much so that I gave up the season and simmed out. We were plenty out of contention and my batter was hitting about .350 during my pitiful stretch. So with August and September simmed I find out that my batter won the Batting Title with a .338 average. How sweet that was.

I increased my skills some more and now I'm a "Star Player"! So far in this season I'm batting about .310 with a couple homers. We're about a month into the season and already falling out of any chance at the playoffs....yuck. I need to come up bigger in clutch situations.

Great game though. I don't believe I've ever played a game so much in my whole life.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2009, 07:32 PM   #582
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

There are some definite hot and cold streaks in this game, which I love. When I'm hot, balls that I barely tap will find their way to the alley, or over a fielders glove, or between the 1st and 2nd basemen. When I'm cold, it doesn't matter if I'm dead on, it's either going to be right to an outfielder, or a groundball to the SS or 2B. It's just like real life...you have to spend some at batting practice and let the streak run it's course.
Old 07-19-2009, 11:06 PM   #583
samifan24
Pro Starter

I'm only playing on rookie and I've only played something like five games but man, the hitting in this game is very, very difficult. I do ok with pitching, especially if I take my time to hit my spots but I really struggle to score runs even against mediocre 5th starters. Any tips on rookie mode?
Old 07-19-2009, 11:07 PM   #584
wahoomac
Mascot

I haven't hit an inside-the-park job yet, but my LF in RTTS mode hit into a triple play. I figured I would lose 20 points (since a DP is 10 points) but I didn't lose any points at all. I did lose 10 points for the DP I hit into earlier in that game, though. It really is a cool game, but sometimes I get so pissed off at the manager ("you've been warned" due to not increasing my Bunting skill), that I sometimes complain each day about the chemistry of the team (just to see what he will do). If I'm hitting .350+ and I'm on the bench...he deserves to lose his job

Last edited by wahoomac : 07-19-2009 at 11:07 PM.
wahoomac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:47 PM   #585
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

What do all the logos/symbols mean next to a player's name on the leaderboards?

Mine is a gold star which, I assume, means my player
"R" is obviously rookie

But what about the crown, all the other stars (red circle/white star, half red-half blue circle/white star...), etc.

Thanks in advance.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #586
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Well the ones I've seen are...

5 = Rule 5 Draftee
Star (any color) = all star
Crown = league leader
fire/ice = hot/cold streak
Old 07-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #587
duff88
College Prospect

So we made the playoffs for the first time in my seventh season with the Houston Astros only to be eliminated in 3 games by the world-champions to be Philadelphia Phillies.

With my 13-4 record, and as the top starting pitcher in a poor statistical year in the National league, I decided to hit the free agent market and signed a 5 years deal with the Boston Red Sox worth 109M$.

With Justin Morneau, Dustin Pedroia, Jose Reyes, Adrian Beltre, Jacoby Ellsbury and Kevin Youkilis, I know we're gonna be a good offensive team but I can also count on them to make the defensive plays. And we've got a great bulpen with Tim Lincecum, Josh Beckett and Jon Lester.
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 04:17 PM   #588
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Thanks Sun, I also found out that if you hit select on the leaderboard, it gives a key of all the logos/symbols.

Wow, duff, very nice!

I haven't played my pitcher in a while but I'm 8-3 in my rookie year with a 2.18 ERA with the Washington Nationals (guh!). After seeing how well you did in free agency though, I'm tempted to go back to playing that one over my 3B.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:29 PM   #589
samifan24
Pro Starter

I took a no-hitter into the 8th inning as Derek Lowe vs. the Phillies tonight. I lost the no-hitter when PH Greg Dobbs singled to lead off the 8th but it was still a lot of fun. It was only my fifth game and I'm 0-5. I've scored a total of six runs in five games and have a BB/K ratio of 1/31. I need to learn some plate discipline!
Old 07-23-2009, 02:42 PM   #590
samifan24
Pro Starter

Has anyone else experienced a problem with your profile stats are way off? I probably have a record of 2-6 against the computer so far but my profile says I'm 10-13 overall. I know for a fact I've only won two games total against the computer and I haven't played against another player or online. What gives?
Old 07-23-2009, 06:37 PM   #591
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I think the profile counts simulated games as well, unfortunately. In my RTTS career, it says I've played over a thousand games because of all of the simulated games.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 06:59 PM   #592
samifan24
Pro Starter

Does anyone else have problems getting into the online mode? I am using WiFi at a less than ideal strength (lower than 30%) and am able to occasionally download the roster updates or PSN game demos but am never able to get into the online mode to play games. I've only ever been past the stupid "website password" nag screen two or three times. I'd love to play some of you guys in online mode if I could only get the PS3 to stop kicking me off the SportsConnect and PSN networks every couple of minutes.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:01 PM   #593
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I think the profile counts simulated games as well, unfortunately. In my RTTS career, it says I've played over a thousand games because of all of the simulated games.

That's really disappointing. Why would they not include only the games you actually played? Now I'll never know how well or poorly I'm actually hitting.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:46 PM   #594
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I hate the hit n run always happening on 0-0 count.

Other than that, top notch. Pitching is extremely fun.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 09:16 PM   #595
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Does anyone else have problems getting into the online mode? I am using WiFi at a less than ideal strength (lower than 30%) and am able to occasionally download the roster updates or PSN game demos but am never able to get into the online mode to play games. I've only ever been past the stupid "website password" nag screen two or three times. I'd love to play some of you guys in online mode if I could only get the PS3 to stop kicking me off the SportsConnect and PSN networks every couple of minutes.

Playing this game online is enough of a chore, and with your WiFi @ lower than 30%? Good luck.

I don't know about anyone else and don't feel like going back through the pages to check, but my online experience with this game has been...lacking.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:53 PM   #596
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNorm View Post
I don't know about anyone else and don't feel like going back through the pages to check, but my online experience with this game has been...lacking.

Why?
Old 07-23-2009, 11:07 PM   #597
TheNorm
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by samifan24 View Post
Why?

The lag is atrocious, even if both players have connection strengths that read green. I was in one league but every time I tried to play a game I got booted straight back to the XMB.
TheNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 08:48 PM   #598
SnowMan
High School Varsity

Finally picked this up. Man oh man I feel bad for my poor AA shortstop batting about .180. Maybe I'll improve but I can't hit to save my life. I try to work counts, but the AI just goes Strike 1, Strike 2 on me. Maybe as my vision or discipline ratings go up (via day off training, since I can't get any points in games) they'll start throwing more balls. Poor guy...
SnowMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:54 PM   #599
MrDNA
High School Varsity

Wow. Just got this today and it is AMAZING. I SUCK, but the game is AMAZING...

Here's my dumb questions...
1) When pitching, do I want to try to get the ball icon where the catcher puts his glove, or do I want to get the last arrow to point where the catcher puts his glove?
2) Can I turn off the rumble for the controller? I have enough trouble hitting as it is!
3) Other than Practice, Practice, Practice and using the guess controls - any tips on hitting?
MrDNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:41 PM   #600
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDNA View Post
Wow. Just got this today and it is AMAZING. I SUCK, but the game is AMAZING...

Here's my dumb questions...
1) When pitching, do I want to try to get the ball icon where the catcher puts his glove, or do I want to get the last arrow to point where the catcher puts his glove?
2) Can I turn off the rumble for the controller? I have enough trouble hitting as it is!
3) Other than Practice, Practice, Practice and using the guess controls - any tips on hitting?

1) the arrow is showing you the break of the pitch. where you put the ball icon is where the break starts.
2) I think so.
3) use the batting practice game mode. Eventually you'll start to recognize pitch types. I think the ball, when pitched, also has a slight glow to indicate what kind of pitch it is.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote