Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #551
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I am getting murdered. It's 37-7 PSU with the 6 minutes to go in the third.

As it should be.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:57 PM   #552
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhlloy View Post
Uh... why the hell do #5 and #45 decide to run away from the ball carrier at the most inopportune time? Not to rain on your parade, but that looks like hideous AI right there...

Especially #5. He does a 360 for no good reason at all.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:07 PM   #553
Easy Mac

possible stupid question, but since I only have a wii, will there be a patch for the wii version as well?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:29 PM   #554
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
Especially #5. He does a 360 for no good reason at all.

That video alone may keep me from buying the game. I'd be throwing my controller through the screen if that was my defense...
Old 07-14-2008, 08:38 PM   #555
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I honestly didn't notice it until the replay. As usual NCAA has it's flaws but for me personally, it has been the most fun I've played since 04. Once I find the right sliders, it will determine more, but so far so good.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:49 PM   #556
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Uh... why the hell do #5 and #45 decide to run away from the ball carrier at the most inopportune time? Not to rain on your parade, but that looks like hideous AI right there...

Apparently the juke was just THAT GOOD.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:57 PM   #557
korme
Go Reds

Would a Meijer or Wal-mart put this game out at midnight tonight? I'm trying to think of places I could go to get this.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:42 PM   #558
Logan
Head Coach

Was that Derrick Williams on the punt return? Holy crap, you got bitched.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 09:44 PM   #559
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Was that Derrick Williams on the punt return? Holy crap, you got bitched.

Yep. Skull meet fucked.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:54 PM   #560
Logan
Head Coach

Get used to it bitch.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #561
korme
Go Reds

Welp I just confirmed, Meijer will have it @ midnight tonight. I'm going 15 minutes early.

Enough time to decide which team I should play with in the dynasty...
Old 07-14-2008, 09:57 PM   #562
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
possible stupid question, but since I only have a wii, will there be a patch for the wii version as well?

Don't hold your breath...
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 10:04 PM   #563
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Get used to it bitch.

If I had admin power, you'd be eating a bit plate of bannedsauce.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:01 AM   #564
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Guess what I got fellas after downloading the rosters for the 360..... *pause* the three rings of death. FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 AM   #565
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Man I am so pissed right now. I can not believe this crap. I take care of the damn system and make sure it is clean and cool and this fucking thing crapped out on me.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:07 AM   #566
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodos View Post
Is there anyone online who doesn't select the fastest QB to run playaction, drop back 30 yards, and wait for someone to get open? Everyone I play against who is not from FOFC does this. Tonight, this dude was running up the score and going no huddle when he was way up. Dude, I'm IU, and you're Virginia Tech. Don't think you're good or something. My team just doesn't have the personnel to match up.

Here are a couple of my favorite plays against these idiots online in NCAA 2008 (since I don't have 2009 yet... )

This was the gamewinner to preserve a 14-7 victory as time ran out in the 4th.

This was part of a 70-14 slaughter. The guy never changed his strategy (or play) even after 5 or 6 picks. Idiot! I normally wouldn't do the taunting thing that happens at the end, but the guy's cheesiness got the best of me.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-15-2008 at 12:11 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:40 AM   #567
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Just finished my first "play now" game. I DL'ed Pasta's rosters, made no changes and thus far have been okay.

Ohio State crushed michigan 77-21. It felt good The passing offenses for both teams were pretty much unstoppable.

Boeckman: 33-41, 413 yds, 7 TD's
Threet: 24-31, 315 yds, 2 TD's & 2 INT's

I had two pick-sixes...so glad to see that's changed... Hopefully this was a fluke.

I tweaked only a few sliders (mostly related to kicking distance, as the kick coverage is awful). I played on All-American.

I'll mess around with some more Campus Legend mode. I don't want to start a dynasty until I know my rosters won't ruin the saved game.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:43 AM   #568
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Just played an online game vs a fellow FOFC'er who is in the other online league.

It was an amazing game. The first quarter saw Kentucky (me) go 10 plays for 80 yards and a TD. North Carolina (him) responded with a 14 play, 80+ yard drive. It was 7-7 early on. I was held to a FG just before halftime and led 10-0.

I scored a TD halfway through the 3rd and was up 17-7. I knew the game was far from over.

He scored a TD early in the 4th to cut it to 17-14. I had my only three & out of the game and he got the ball back at midfield. He drove it to 1st & goal from the 2 yard line. He called a slant for his WR...but my DB stepped in front of it and picked it off. This resulted in a touchback.

I was able to milk the clock and drive the ball inside his 20 before settling for a FG...which I missed. Argh.

He had the ball left down by 3 with 1 timeout and :57 to play. First play he drops back in the pocket, pump fakes, and throws it to a WR on a fly pattern. I take control of the safety at the last second and pull down the miracle user pick. It was amazing. It was seriously the biggest INT I've ever had on a football game.

I was able to run the clock out and escape with a 17-14 win. Whew.

Anyway, the game was lots of fun though I know it needs some work in the slider department. It was the most fun I've had playing a sports game online in 5 years. Seriously.

Hopefully it isn't just a one-night stand and NCAA Football and I can have a more long-term, committed relationship
Old 07-15-2008, 03:13 AM   #569
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Just played an online game vs a fellow FOFC'er who is in the other online league.

It was an amazing game. The first quarter saw Kentucky (me) go 10 plays for 80 yards and a TD. North Carolina (him) responded with a 14 play, 80+ yard drive. It was 7-7 early on. I was held to a FG just before halftime and led 10-0.

I scored a TD halfway through the 3rd and was up 17-7. I knew the game was far from over.

He scored a TD early in the 4th to cut it to 17-14. I had my only three & out of the game and he got the ball back at midfield. He drove it to 1st & goal from the 2 yard line. He called a slant for his WR...but my DB stepped in front of it and picked it off. This resulted in a touchback.

I was able to milk the clock and drive the ball inside his 20 before settling for a FG...which I missed. Argh.

He had the ball left down by 3 with 1 timeout and :57 to play. First play he drops back in the pocket, pump fakes, and throws it to a WR on a fly pattern. I take control of the safety at the last second and pull down the miracle user pick. It was amazing. It was seriously the biggest INT I've ever had on a football game.

I was able to run the clock out and escape with a 17-14 win. Whew.

Anyway, the game was lots of fun though I know it needs some work in the slider department. It was the most fun I've had playing a sports game online in 5 years. Seriously.

Hopefully it isn't just a one-night stand and NCAA Football and I can have a more long-term, committed relationship

WOW Nice recap!

It was a great game and a great time gaming with you!!!!
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:27 AM   #570
Terps
College Prospect

Went to WalMart to get the game at midnight, and they didn't have it. The guy working didn't seem to have any idea what I was talking about.
Terps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:54 AM   #571
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:

You didn't see that cheerleader? I would have chased that too.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:38 AM   #572
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Not much discussion this morning. Good sign or bad sign? The Operation Sports boards have a lot of talk about 'Robo QB' still being in the game (i.e. a passing shootout with weak DB AI). Have also seen comments about too many interceptions and random freezing during games.

Here's the OS review. Seemed like he went a bit easy on the game judging from overall feedback thus far.

http://osatwork.com/review.php?id=427
Old 07-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #573
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Not much discussion this morning. Good sign or bad sign?

Well, let's see...

It's a Tuesday, so people are at work. It is 10:45am Eastern, 7:45am Pacific, so for half the country the stores aren't even open yet.

How can you even start to comment on the lack of discussion at this point??? It seems you are starting your strawman building pretty early.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:05 AM   #574
Kodos
Resident Alien

Yeah. I saw just two people from FOFC had the game last night on Xbox Live.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:08 AM   #575
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Well, let's see...

It's a Tuesday, so people are at work. It is 10:45am Eastern, 7:45am Pacific, so for half the country the stores aren't even open yet.

How can you even start to comment on the lack of discussion at this point??? It seems you are starting your strawman building pretty early.

There's usually been more discussion by this point in time in similar past threads. I think it has more to do with the thought that there are a lot more people taking a wait-and-see attitude with this game this year than in past seasons. It's likely not good or bad, it's just that very few people in relation to past years are making the opening day plunge at a midnight release.

We'll see what happens as the day progresses.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 07-15-2008 at 10:09 AM.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:14 AM   #576
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm too old to be picking it up at a midnight release when I have to be at work by 8 AM. I'll be picking it up at lunch and playing this evening. I probably won't post too many impressions until I have a chance to play a lot of games this weekend.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-15-2008 at 10:15 AM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 10:34 AM   #577
Comey
College Starter

I have to say...I picked this up a bit ago (have the day off, as the boy I work with is not at summer school this week), and I'm really, really enjoying it. I'm in campus legend mode, currently working my way through the PIAA playoffs (PA State Playoffs)...and hoping to get noticed by scouts.

I'll get into a dynasty later...but this is a hell of a lot of fun. Very, very smooth...haven't seen a lot that would upset me. But, I don't get upset by much with this game. It's just fun, and I haven't owned it since 2005.

It's nice to get reacquainted.

Comey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:06 PM   #578
Logan
Head Coach

Just to keep MBBF updated on my day...

Right now I'm typing at my desk, staring at a BB bag that contains the game. I normally leave around 5:15-5:30, but today I'm going to duck out early, 4 if I can pull it off, but probably 4:30. I will then take the 6 train to my apartment, at which time I will change and go to the gym. After the gym, I will make dinner, and consume it. By then, it will hopefully be no later than 7pm. I will then open the game and play...and keep playing until I go to sleep, probably around 12. I will then rest, wake up around 6:30 and hop on a train to Long Island for a meeting. I'll sleep on the train (especially needed if I remain playing past 12, which is a probability). I'll then attend said meeting until approximately 12pm, at which time I'll board a train in the opposite direction and return to the office. By 2pm, when I'm sitting around and ignoring work I have to do, I will come back here to post my thoughts, both pro and con, on this game.

Looking forward to seeing you then.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:09 PM   #579
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

Logan I was going to tell you to skip the gym and play but umm...you need it buddy.

Can't wait to hear what you think.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #580
RedKingGold
College Starter

I still want MBBF to explain how I'm a Nebraska Cornhusker fan.

I guess he just loves spouting his mouth off about stuff that he doesn't know about.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:14 PM   #581
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Just to keep MBBF updated on my day...

Right now I'm typing at my desk, staring at a BB bag that contains the game. I normally leave around 5:15-5:30, but today I'm going to duck out early, 4 if I can pull it off, but probably 4:30. I will then take the 6 train to my apartment, at which time I will change and go to the gym. After the gym, I will make dinner, and consume it. By then, it will hopefully be no later than 7pm. I will then open the game and play...and keep playing until I go to sleep, probably around 12. I will then rest, wake up around 6:30 and hop on a train to Long Island for a meeting. I'll sleep on the train (especially needed if I remain playing past 12, which is a probability). I'll then attend said meeting until approximately 12pm, at which time I'll board a train in the opposite direction and return to the office. By 2pm, when I'm sitting around and ignoring work I have to do, I will come back here to post my thoughts, both pro and con, on this game.

Looking forward to seeing you then.

I thank my lucky stars every day that I have a well paying job with a 10 minute commute. More gaming time!
Old 07-15-2008, 12:16 PM   #582
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Yay, Maryland just lost to Temple, 24-17, at Maryland (AA level, 7 min quarters). Can you tell I stink? We had 6 interceptions in the game - two of them were pick 6's. Bleeh. I just downed interception sliders for both sides to see what will happen in the next game. Otherwise, it was a pretty fun game. We shall see, however, as I delve deeper.

As an aside, I'm so terrible in this game I have been unable to take advantage of the horrible return coverage. When I do, I think I'll just supersim it - no big deal.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:19 PM   #583
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
There's usually been more discussion by this point in time in similar past threads. I think it has more to do with the thought that there are a lot more people taking a wait-and-see attitude with this game this year than in past seasons. It's likely not good or bad, it's just that very few people in relation to past years are making the opening day plunge at a midnight release.

We'll see what happens as the day progresses.

Hmm, maybe it is that faulty/selective memory again. Here is the thread from last year, starting at midnight of release day. Not much in the way of game feedback before 10:45am Eastern, save a small blurb from Pumpy:

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...+football+2008

And going back to check in 2006, it is pretty much the same scenario. One account of gameplay from Raiders Army before 10:45am Eastern.

http://www.operationsports.com/fofc/...+football+2007

That strawman is looking a little lopsided.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:26 PM   #584
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I seem to recall a lot of excitement last year about the ability to post videos and how that would enhance dynasties, but not so much about the game itself. I specifically recall an MJ4H thread calling someone out for not having started posting a dynasty and videos the morning of release. As I recall, anyway.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:27 PM   #585
Johnny93g
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingnebwsu View Post
Just finished my first "play now" game. I DL'ed Pasta's rosters, made no changes and thus far have been okay.

I am going to pick this up today. My first 360 football game. How do you download rosters. Is it as easy as College Hoops 2k8?
BBCF: Notre Dame
TML
Johnny93g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 12:32 PM   #586
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny93g View Post
I am going to pick this up today. My first 360 football game. How do you download rosters. Is it as easy as College Hoops 2k8?

There's an interface in the game to download the rosters. It's very quick.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:45 PM   #587
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

So, I went and picked it up during lunch and the gamestop was offering to add LSU photos to the box "to make Darren McFadden go away." It was very glossy and professional looking and they looked pissed when I asked if they had any USC covers instead
Old 07-15-2008, 12:49 PM   #588
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm guessing an IU cover will be tougher still to come by.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:51 PM   #589
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

An important post from the developer on OS. Apparently, Pasta's file (he's taken his file down) and others who had used his file were causing issues after being corrupted. Here is the workaround as posted by the developer. He later clarified that you must save the file after downloading:

We think we have a workaround for the roster issues until the patch.

After downloading a roster from the EA Locker, immediately reboot your console to clear the memory. Then when you load the roster file you should be ok with it.

You will still corrupt the roster if you make edits to lots of different teams, so back up your files often. I suggest multiple saves instead of saving over the old file. You should be OK making edits to all the players on one or two teams.

Old 07-15-2008, 01:00 PM   #590
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Anybody had luck getting on to the EA Servers? I've been trying for about 3 hours, nothing.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 01:24 PM   #591
Kodos
Resident Alien

They weren't expecting anyone to get the game.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:44 PM   #592
Logan
Head Coach

Can someone tell me what exactly is the "EA locker" and how do I get there?

Still not home from work yet but I'm an XBL noob so I have no clue how to navigate the thing. Thanks.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:52 PM   #593
korme
Go Reds

I went to Meijer last night and stood with about 15 people - I was lucky, only 4 of us wanted the PS3 version.

When they finally brought the games out, it was a very sloppy procedure and had us bouncing aisle to aisle. It was nerve racking, but I got the game. My roomate and I proceeded to play until 9:30 AM on a double dynasty.

It is fun.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:11 PM   #594
korme
Go Reds

I'm in the EA Locker, and all I see is that I can download rosters that my online friends have... which can't be right. I don't think any of these friends even have the game yet...

So how do I d/l the real rosters?
Old 07-15-2008, 03:01 PM   #595
KWhit
Coordinator

You can get them here:

Well, the instructions on how to get them anyway.

http://freencaa09rosters.com/
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 03:22 PM   #596
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

So I downloaded Pasta's rosters last night. I played a few games without a problem. I tried to play again today and the game was freezing like crazy. I deleted his rosters and the game still kept freezing. I then deleted all of my highlights (which had players from the created rosters) and it was fine. I played some mini-games no problem.

I guess I'll try the rosters listed above. I'm really nervous about starting a dynasty with named rosters until I know they're all good. I just don't want a fatal error 1-3 years into my dynasty.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:45 PM   #597
korme
Go Reds

All right... starting to get pissed off... after that binge playing last night with no problems, the game has froze on me 3 times in the past 20 minutes.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:46 PM   #598
korme
Go Reds

And btw, I haven't downloaded any rosters.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:51 PM   #599
Kodos
Resident Alien

MBBF must be salivating at this news.
Old 07-15-2008, 03:59 PM   #600
korme
Go Reds

Ok, now I can not get 15 seconds into my dynasty without it freezing up. Fucking sweet.