Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #551
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I have to ask...why are people using sliders? I have yet to find anything wrong with this game. I've rushed for 100+ yards 4 of 5 games, including two over 150.

I'm trying them because at least pre-patch, it was widely held that rushing totals were low and passing totals were way too high.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:12 PM   #552
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm on defaults as well.. really getting back into this game big time. Scott Linehan is gone, a new coach has arrived and has the "commander" trait. Can he turn this team around?
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:24 PM   #553
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I'm trying them because at least pre-patch, it was widely held that rushing totals were low and passing totals were way too high.

I think it's just about the coaching and game plans. I think some people don't see this game how they want to see it and don't understand exactly how much stuff is going on "under the hood" on this one.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:28 PM   #554
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I started a dynasty with the Lions in the dynasty forum for those interested. This game is such a blast.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 08:34 PM   #555
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
I started a dynasty with the Lions in the dynasty forum for those interested. This game is such a blast.

I hope and pray that NFL Head Coach '10 or '11 allows multiplayer leagues. Imagine the fun.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:46 PM   #556
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post

Spent about 3 hours with the game tonight and I'm happy to say.. post-patch everything looks REALLY good as far as stats and what not.. played around a bit and then dove into my career as the Rams head coach.

Damn this game is going to eat up my life this football season. We beat the Titans in preseason game 1, 31-10 and the whole experience is just incredible.

I've gone from a 42 approval rating to a 55 so far.. mainly due to trading for Deuce McAllister to backup Jackson.

I REALLY love the little things this game just assumes needs to be done, like subbing in your backups once the 2nd half starts, letting my D coordinator pick his own plays.. etc...

Great game....
Old 09-25-2008, 08:45 AM   #557
Fonzie
Pro Rookie

If you guys don't stop talking about this game in such glowing terms I may have to break down and buy a PS3 or Xbox360.

Dammit.

Last edited by Fonzie : 09-25-2008 at 08:59 AM.
Fonzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM   #558
Philliesfan980
Banned

Really wish the PS3 patch was out...
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:12 AM   #559
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980 View Post
Really wish the PS3 patch was out...

Latest update was early next week was the target release for the patch.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 11:19 AM   #560
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Latest update was early next week was the target release for the patch.

Good to hear, thanks for the quick update. I can't wait to start a franchise.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:23 PM   #561
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I threw the game to the side because when I was doing supersim, I could rush Ryan Grant 50 times in the game for 300 yards. Sounds as though this was potentially fixed? (360 version)
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:35 PM   #562
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
I threw the game to the side because when I was doing supersim, I could rush Ryan Grant 50 times in the game for 300 yards. Sounds as though this was potentially fixed? (360 version)

Evidence why people are stupid.

Why can't people just play a game like it was meant to be played?

"shrug"
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 PM   #563
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Evidence why people are stupid.

Why can't people just play a game like it was meant to be played?

"shrug"

I ran it 50 times to see if the game would ever had some effect on my RB wearing down at all over the course of a few games which didn't happen.

Sorry that I have the expectation of a football game showing the effects of fatigue on my players. How silly of me.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...

Last edited by Mustang : 09-25-2008 at 12:54 PM.
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 03:04 PM   #564
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

I ran it 50 times to see if the game would ever had some effect on my RB wearing down at all over the course of a few games which didn't happen.

Sorry that I have the expectation of a football game showing the effects of fatigue on my players. How silly of me.

Oh no, a flaw in a video game. That game must suck. Guess I just have lower expectations.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2008, 06:47 PM   #565
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

On OS, Josh has said that the PS3 patch should be out tomorrow barring any last minute problems. Also, a roster update should be available tonight or tomorrow that adjusts about 35 players ratings based on their early performance. Since I'm only a game in, I'm probably going to restart since this will be the last roster update for about a month or so.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-25-2008 at 06:47 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 AM   #566
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

PS3 version patch is now up. Now I just need to decide if I want to start a new game with my Dolphins or a team that won't take years to turn around.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 08:59 AM   #567
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

I put about seven or eight hours into this yesterday, starting from February playing up until kickoff on week three. I reset all the sliders to their defaults and the results seemed to be a lot more realistic than they were pre-patch. There were five fumbles in my last game but that could have just been an aberration as neither team coughed it up in my first game.

As to what Mustang mentioned above, I don't know how much fatigue plays a role for the running backs in this. I've been subbing Ricky Williams in for Ronnie Brown when he gets tired to keep him fresh but noticed that the AI-controlled Jets ran Thomas Jones 41 times in week one while his backup only had one carry.

How are everyone else's stats post-patch? Any slider tweaks you'd recommened?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:19 AM   #568
Shkspr
College Benchwarmer

That fucker Vinny Cerrato got me fired after three preseason games. The one screen I hate is the cut day dialog, where you can hit a button for GM recommendations. I've been getting into the sloppy habit of figuring the AI would just cut scrubs and hangers-on, but one vet was listed at a skill in the 60s but with $20 million in bonus money coming (Pete Kendall). So when the AI GM cut him, he threw next year's cap number about $10 million to the red.

Now, we all know that's how Washington likes to play the game, but I got a nasty note from the owner. Sure enough, the next week, dumbass Cerrato has me cut another crappy vet with a $100K cap hit the next year and the owner axes me with a 89 approval rating before the final preseason game.

Vinny, of course, keeps his job.
Shkspr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #569
rowech
Pro Starter

Fatigue for RBs has been mentioned to not show up until later in the season. In other words, you won't see the effects in a single game. You just wear your guy down so that by the end of the season, he's nothing. I've certainly noticed a YPC average for Rudi going down since the first game of the season.

Anybody know how to change a guy's position?
Old 09-28-2008, 12:01 PM   #570
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I've only played the game post patch, but I've gone away from sliders except or the WR catching which I've knocked way down. I've had great results my first 3 preseason games.

I'd also like to figure out how to change a guy's position.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 09-28-2008 at 12:01 PM.
Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #571
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
I've only played the game post patch, but I've gone away from sliders except or the WR catching which I've knocked way down. I've had great results my first 3 preseason games.

I'd also like to figure out how to change a guy's position.

On the roster screen, the A button will bring up a sub menu on a player where you can realease him or edit his number and position
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:36 PM   #572
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Supersim uses a completely different engine. I'm not sure if fatigue is working for that, but it seems to be working when I call the plays and watch the action.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:42 PM   #573
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Supersim uses a completely different engine. I'm not sure if fatigue is working for that, but it seems to be working when I call the plays and watch the action.

Yeah, I tried Supersim for a few minutes in a test career post patch and it still seems to be almost as bad as the Madden/NCAA Supersim engine. I won't ever use Supersim in my career.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:06 PM   #574
Flasch186
Coordinator

just received my copy from the friend at EA. How does the patch thing work for the PS3? Does it DL automatically when they finally release it?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:08 PM   #575
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

The PS3 patch is out. If you are signed onto PSN it should begin downloading immediately, it's around 19MB. Once the main menu loads you can also find updated rosters to download.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:09 PM   #576
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flasch186 View Post
just received my copy from the friend at EA. How does the patch thing work for the PS3? Does it DL automatically when they finally release it?

Yes, it downloads automatically when you start the game.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:51 AM   #577
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Holy christ! Jack English is GOD! I am playing the most amazing game ever and he just came back from a 26 point fourth defecit to put us in the lead! He has over 500 yards and 7 TD since I had to throw literally every play of the 2nd half.

This is unreal.
Old 10-02-2008, 12:54 AM   #578
DeToxRox
Head Coach

DAMNIT! Jeff Reed hits a FG to send us to OT barring a miracle. THIS IS INSANE!

And we're going to OT at 47-47.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:01 AM   #579
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Damnit, we lost 50-47 in OT.

Jack English is God though. I am not sure what happened in this game, as I have used default sliders since the new patch came out and I've NEVER seen a game like this. Here are the final stats..

Jack English: 33/53 for 608 yards, 7 TD
Calvin Johnson: 14 catches for 243 yards, 3 TD
Naj Conley: 7 catches for 102 yards, 1 TD
Roy Williams: 5 catches for 95 yards, 2 TD

Ernie Sims: 21 tackles, 5 TFL

Big Ben: 21/28 for 362, 4 TD
Mendenhall: 31 carries for 147 yards, 2 TD
Hines Ward: 8 catches for 131 yards

What a game. We scored 27 in the fourth quarter to take the lead but end up blowing it at the end. UGH.
Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 AM   #580
Rich1033
High School Varsity

Honestly, I just cant play this game anymore. Very slow loading screens in-game. Weird approval rating bs where the owner wants you to do some random thing in a completely ridiculous situation. Offensive players running away from an open hole in an attempt find a tackler. Receivers catching balls 10 yards away from a first down with nobody around and just running out of bounds. Not being able to do some things before they show up on your clipboard isnt dealbreaking, but is very annoying. Constantly giving reaction to your players good and bad plays just gets repetitive and old. I could go on.

I really wanted to like this game, but I just cant get past all the annoyances. Honestly, the biggest is the slow load times to just see who was injured, what the penalty was, or the reaction to your reaction. No reason for those to not pull up instantly. Its obvious they put a ton of work in the game, I will try and check it out next year.

Just wanted to offer up a different opinion for anyone interested.
Rich1033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 12:54 PM   #581
Bobble
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
Honestly, I just cant play this game anymore. Very slow loading screens in-game. Weird approval rating bs where the owner wants you to do some random thing in a completely ridiculous situation. Offensive players running away from an open hole in an attempt find a tackler. Receivers catching balls 10 yards away from a first down with nobody around and just running out of bounds. Not being able to do some things before they show up on your clipboard isnt dealbreaking, but is very annoying. Constantly giving reaction to your players good and bad plays just gets repetitive and old. I could go on.

I really wanted to like this game, but I just cant get past all the annoyances. Honestly, the biggest is the slow load times to just see who was injured, what the penalty was, or the reaction to your reaction. No reason for those to not pull up instantly. Its obvious they put a ton of work in the game, I will try and check it out next year.

Just wanted to offer up a different opinion for anyone interested.

I agree with all that. There are quite a few annoyances. Hard for me to excuse too, since isn't that the point of the console, to let the developers optimize the code for the system it's being used on? Why am I waiting for so many load times? It's not like these are state-of-the-art graphics, either.

Secondly, they have been doing Madden for what, 20 years? They're STILL having trouble getting the game to play football like football? Runningbacks going sideways with a gaping hole right in front of them, quarterbacks throwing to a spot 3 yards out of bounds, etc., etc. All the same stuff.

All in all, though, I'm still having fun with it. I imagine that soon the annoyances will mount and the ease with which you can dominate will force me to put it away but for right now it's giving me my money's worth.
Bobble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 01:34 PM   #582
Fidatelo
Pro Starter

I was so hyped about this game, but felt I needed to wait for the patch before starting to really play it. Somehow in that waiting time my interest died (NHL 09 and Warhammer Online may have had something to do with it), and I haven't been able to get into it. I'm hoping to get back to it at some point, but historically once I put a game down I very rarely pick it back up.
"Breakfast? Breakfast schmekfast, look at the score for God's sake. It's only the second period and I'm winning 12-2. Breakfasts come and go, Rene, but Hartford, the Whale, they only beat Vancouver maybe once or twice in a lifetime."
Fidatelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #583
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich1033 View Post
Honestly, the biggest is the slow load times to just see who was injured, what the penalty was, or the reaction to your reaction.

I could easily live with this if the game and play clocks would stop while the game was loading screens. But it doesn't, and if I want to check an injury or whatnot between plays, I sacrifice several seconds of time. This is especially annoying when calling plays on defense, since you don't get 40 seconds like you do on offense.

Much like Fidatelo, my interest in the game mostly died while waiting for the patch. And after several games of watching players act even more dumb in this game than they do in Madden, I'm not sure I'll be loading this up again anytime soon.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 02:38 PM   #584
rowech
Pro Starter

Waiting for the patch also killed my interest a bit. The players doing stupid stuff doesn't bother me. The results of the plays are totally being calculated behind the scenes and to generate a different animation for everything has to be almost impossible. I can live with it.

The slowness of play-calling sometimes though is very bothersome.

Overall, I still think this game was a huge step in the right direction and is very playable in it's current form.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:04 PM   #585
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Waiting for the patch also killed my interest a bit. The players doing stupid stuff doesn't bother me. The results of the plays are totally being calculated behind the scenes and to generate a different animation for everything has to be almost impossible. I can live with it.

The slowness of play-calling sometimes though is very bothersome.

Overall, I still think this game was a huge step in the right direction and is very playable in it's current form.

+1
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:39 PM   #586
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I could easily live with this if the game and play clocks would stop while the game was loading screens. But it doesn't, and if I want to check an injury or whatnot between plays, I sacrifice several seconds of time. This is especially annoying when calling plays on defense, since you don't get 40 seconds like you do on offense.

Much like Fidatelo, my interest in the game mostly died while waiting for the patch. And after several games of watching players act even more dumb in this game than they do in Madden, I'm not sure I'll be loading this up again anytime soon.

I played it for a flurry of days right after the patch, but I agree with you sabotai.

Definitely a step in the right direction if they continue the series. FOF gets my NFL fix again this season.
Old 10-11-2008, 03:34 AM   #587
SportsDino
College Prospect

So far to me it looks like what you get when you build something huge completely from scratch in a fairly short time period, a game that finally has its core gameplay mechanic figured out... but has not had the time to work out many little details, gameplay issues, and outright bugs (loading is atrocious game killer).

I'll probably keep playing it to see how good its engine really is. I'm a bit forgiving since I know software isn't easy, I have high hopes that they finally found a direction, and they got the basis of a great game in the making. Things like perfecting the simulation and gamespeed and faster workflows take time, the 2.0 version usually should have more polish.
SportsDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 07:35 AM   #588
moriarty
College Starter

I'm still enjoying this post patch. The load times are annoying but hardly a game breaker for me. Injuries don't occur that often and you can dismiss the penalties and have your assistance make the calls. I'm not a fan of the current game changer choices (or whatever that's called). But all of that can be skipped if you quick sim anyways.

Definitely not a perfect game, but quite fun and they did fix most of the major issues with the patch. They're stuck with the Madden 08 engine, so not much they can do there (although they did manage to greatly improve the fumble issue).
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 12:42 AM   #589
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

This game will be a lot better when the new XBOX patch allows you to load the game to the hard drive.
Old 10-12-2008, 04:19 AM   #590
Epi_862
Mascot

You guys know what sucks? Theres no PAL version. The games right up my alley. No way to play it. Fucking sucks.

And for the life of me, i cant figure out why there's no PAL version, since all the licencing is worldwide anyways, and theres a shitload of gridiron heads outside the US.
Epi_862 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 07:55 PM   #591
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Picked up the game used for next to nothing today. Before I fire this up at this point with the game fully patches are there any dynasty destroying bugs left that I need to be aware of? And if so are there any work arounds to those bugs? Thanks in advance.

I have the 360 version fyi.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 06:58 AM   #592
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93 View Post
Picked up the game used for next to nothing today. Before I fire this up at this point with the game fully patches are there any dynasty destroying bugs left that I need to be aware of? And if so are there any work arounds to those bugs? Thanks in advance.

I have the 360 version fyi.

No dynasty destroying bugs that I'm aware of post patch.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:41 AM   #593
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epi_862 View Post
You guys know what sucks? Theres no PAL version. The games right up my alley. No way to play it. Fucking sucks.

And for the life of me, i cant figure out why there's no PAL version, since all the licencing is worldwide anyways, and theres a shitload of gridiron heads outside the US.

If you're a U.S. sports fan in Europe, buy a PS3. No region locks on the games. You can import all of the games and play them without issue.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 AM   #594
TroyF
Coordinator

I've been playing the game quite a bit over the last few weeks. There are frustrating things with it, but I'll be damned if I'm not having a lot of fun with it. Here are some keys to really enjoying the game:

1) MASTER a majority of the plays you want to run. A lot of the idiotic running is caused by guys who don't know the playbook. I think it's overdone and it's beyond frustrating at times, but it is what it is. Mastered plays run a lot better. using coaching points to improve RB skills also helps a lot.

2) Mix up the play calling. If you call the same run or pass play everytime you get to second and ten, you are dead. When I get bored and don't think about the plays I'm calling, my offense dies.

3) If the team you start with has a horrible playbook, change the playbook and sim a couple of years ahead. Bad playbooks just don't work well in this game.

-------------------------------------------------------

There are other annoyances:

1) You have to use house rules or you can build a dynasty. Draft "sleepers" are always compared to great players. (ie: If that prospect with a 1 by his name is compared to Larry Fitzgerald, he's likely going to be very, very good) You can trade down, pick every sleeper and have a dynasty built up without trying if you don't control yourself.

2) the important moments or whatever they called just suck. 4th and 4 at my own 25, I lead by 3, 1:43 left in the game. I need to go for it or my approval drops 15 points. yeah. Whatever. Usually winning fixes all of that, but it's still a large annoyance.

3) Certain players have such low endurance figures that they get hurt at least once a game. It's gotten to the point in my games that I actually carry an extra DT every game because I know Frank Okem will go down sometime in the second quarter.

Overall, this is a hell of a game. But with NBA2K9, Saints Row, Dead Space and Fifa. . . I think it's days are about numbered for this year. This is one of those great "surprise" games that really came out of nowhere. I expected pure garbage and got the best draft interface I've ever seen and have gotten probably 30 hours of gameplay out of it to this point. (I'll play out this season, so it'll end up being 45 by the time I'm through) Very nice surprise.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #595
rowech
Pro Starter

Troy...agree on just about everything you said. The biggest gripe I have is the defining moments are just stupid. To get better approval you have to something only someone named Stoops would ever be Stoopid enough to do.

The people who whine about this game are people who flat out can't figure out what to do to be good so they pitch a fit. Mastering as many plays as you can is the key to winning and so many people continue to try and get just a little good at all the plays. Not enough time in the game to do that.
Old 10-17-2008, 08:46 AM   #596
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Troy...agree on just about everything you said. The biggest gripe I have is the defining moments are just stupid. To get better approval you have to something only someone named Stoops would ever be Stoopid enough to do.

The people who whine about this game are people who flat out can't figure out what to do to be good so they pitch a fit. Mastering as many plays as you can is the key to winning and so many people continue to try and get just a little good at all the plays. Not enough time in the game to do that.

Agree 100%. My guess is 99% of these guys sim through the preseason like I used to do. It simply kills you. You need to run plays in the preseason over and over until you have your plays mastered and the rookies/FA guys know what the hell they are doing.

If you have guys who are low rated in learning, get rid of them. They won't ever be smart enough to see the field consistently. (the other option is to put them is specialty situations where they are always in for a 3 or 4 plays run from the same formation.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 11:08 AM   #597
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
If you have guys who are low rated in learning, get rid of them. They won't ever be smart enough to see the field consistently.
For the record, this works in real life, too. That's why Aaron Brooks doesn't have a job.
Old 10-18-2008, 08:53 AM   #598
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Really enjoying the game thus far and finding it tough at this point. Just want to share an experience I have with defining moments.

It was 4th and 3 from my own 45. I'm down by 6 points in the 4th. Everyone seems to want me to go for it so I do. I'm learning a new playbook so I stick with what we know best. I run Darren McFadden off right tackle. I get a notice that my approval has gone up for deciding to go for it. McFadden takes the ball off right tackle for 55 yards and a touchdown. I get a notice that my approval has gone down due to the outcome of a defining moment.....WTF?

Other than that I've had alot of fun with this game. I learn to deal with the faults.

Another fun moment I've had, unrelated to defining moments, was with the Broncos playing the Raiders in week 1. One of my season goals was to beat the Raiders in week 1 on Monday night. Another was the fans want you to crush the Raiders in week 1. So it appeared my approval was riding on this game.

We play a horrible game, the Raiders score on an INT return for a TD, a kickoff return for a TD, a McFadden run of 64 yards and 2 FG's. To add injury to the insult we entered the game without Tom Nalen our C who was lost for the season in the pre-season. Over the course of the game we lose 3! other O-Lineman(2 full time starters and Nalen's replacement for the season), and as a result running is no longer an option by the 3rd quarter.

Late in the game down 27-22 the Broncos start their drive. It seems to me like we are destined to score as we pick up 2 4th down conversions before Cutler hits Eddie Royal over the middle. It appeared Royal was going to score the go ahead and possibly game winning TD but he gets caught from behind by a Raiders defender at the 3 yard line and fumbles. The raiders pick up the ball as my heart sinks.

Its OK I think, we've stopped their offense all day and we have 3 timeouts. Sure enough they go 3 and out and we have the ball with just under 3 minutes left at their 45 yard line. Just under 2 minutes later we are sitting at 1st and goal from the 8 yard line. I try to sneak a draw past them and it gets to the 5. We are running out of time and with no timeouts I call a pass play. Cutler drops back......and throws a pick. The Raiders return it for a TD and we lose the game 34-22.

Cutler was very accurate on the day completing 70% of his passes for 350+ yards and 3 TDs. However his 2 picks that were returned for TDs cost us the game. It was interesting trying to gameplan around a depleted O-Line. To start the game we were getting 4-6 yards a run, but the 3rd quarter down now 4 O-Linemen every run was stuffed. Cutler was sacked 5 times in the 2nd half, 0 times in the 1st. This team really interests me, but there is no way we are going to win very often with this O-Line.

The first example here is a bug that needs to be fixed, the second is what will keep me playing this game.

Last edited by dubb93 : 10-18-2008 at 10:03 AM.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 09:53 AM   #599
rowech
Pro Starter

I'm 4-3 with the Bengals my first season and somehow my approval is 41. Why? All the stupid decisions I have to make with common sense. Those defining moments are just terribly put together. If I get fired, it'll be squarely because of those.
Old 10-18-2008, 10:10 AM   #600
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Can you not turn the defining moment thing off? It sounds broken, or at least stupid.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote