Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-01-2006, 07:05 AM   #551
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Groundhog
Not a bad trade for either team. What happens to Magloire now?

Magloire has to be traded now. I am not sure how much he makes but I am pretty sure it is too much to be a backup center to Bogut.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #552
MrBug708
Head Coach

Hmmm...Lakers sign Radmonovich? While he's a nice player and all, this doesnt seem to help the Lakers as he basically is a face up PF who doesnt like to go downlow. He isnt going to take Odom's minutes either
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 02:22 AM   #553
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBug708
Hmmm...Lakers sign Radmonovich? While he's a nice player and all, this doesnt seem to help the Lakers as he basically is a face up PF who doesnt like to go downlow. He isnt going to take Odom's minutes either

Yeah, this move is annoying to me as a Clips fan.

We offered Vlade the same deal and a clearly defined role as a shooter with our squad. He knows the Clips are legit, too.

But he goes with the Lakers. They were talking on radio tonight that Kobe and Phil and Vlade (Divac) and Magic were all calling or ready to call him this morning, and that that might have swung him the Lakers' way.

I'm sure that had its effect, but I think what ended up moving him to the other locker room at Staples is that he would be a top option on offense, at least on the level of Odom as co-#2's (although neither should be #2's). Since they score in different ways, they can co-exist better. The problem I see is that Odom really should be a 3, and they need to get a legit PF, not get an even softer 3 with less passing or rebounding or defensive ability, and move a soft (if very talented) 3 into the 4 spot.

This gives the Lakers more offensive versatility and punch, but it hurts them in all sorts of other areas of the team.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 AM   #554
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Clips signed Tim Thomas I believe.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:35 AM   #555
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Peja to Hornets!

hxxp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUo_c838qnktnKTeT8unbU5nYcB?slug=ap-hornets-stojakovic&prov=ap&type=lgns

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets made the first splash of the NBA's free-agent signing period, agreeing to terms Saturday with three-time All-Star Peja Stojakovic.

Stojakovic, who last week opted to become a free agent instead of continue playing for Indiana, will sign a five-year deal worth about $64 million with the Hornets, said his agent, David Bauman.

Bauman said Stojakovic will sign as soon as the NBA's moratorium ends next week. NBA teams were allowed to begin negotiating with free agents on Saturday but cannot officially sign players until July 12.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:37 AM   #556
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Wow, clips offered a 4-year $24+ million deal to Thomas. I think Phoenix was offering 3 years for $14 million. That's a ton of money to a one-dimensional shooter who disappears once he gets paid (it also probably means no Cassell). I admit that getting Thomas back at $4 million was a decent move from a Suns standpoint, but paying over $6 mil per for 4 seasons seems like a major risk.

Now, it seems the Suns will be looking at Matt Harpering, Eric Piatkowski and Lindsey Hunter/Bobby Jackson.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 11:53 AM   #557
Mr. Sparkle
High School JV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arles
Wow, clips offered a 4-year $24+ million deal to Thomas. I think Phoenix was offering 3 years for $14 million. That's a ton of money to a one-dimensional shooter who disappears once he gets paid (it also probably means no Cassell). I admit that getting Thomas back at $4 million was a decent move from a Suns standpoint, but paying over $6 mil per for 4 seasons seems like a major risk.

Now, it seems the Suns will be looking at Matt Harpering, Eric Piatkowski and Lindsey Hunter/Bobby Jackson.

Rotoworld is saying Cassell re-signed with the Clips...

Sam Cassell and the Clippers have agreed on a two-year deal.

It's believed to be worth $13 million, but it's unknown if Shaun Livingston or Cassell will be the opening-day starting point guard for the Clippers. Both players will have fantasy value, but neither will be worthy of a high pick because they'll be splitting time. The Clippers nearly lost Cassell to the Hawks, who offered him $13 million also, but once the Clippers matched Atlanta's offer Cassell accepted the deal. The Hawks are still desperately seeking a point guard.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:44 PM   #558
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, Thomas was offered Radmonovich's money, so however we were going to re-up Cassell was still there. I hope these reports are true on Cassell.

I don't have a clue how to react yet to the Thomas signing. I fear he will disappear, but I keep thinking about him winning Game 6 for the Suns against the Lakers.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:19 PM   #559
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
Peja to Hornets!

hxxp://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AsUo_c838qnktnKTeT8unbU5nYcB?slug=ap-hornets-stojakovic&prov=ap&type=lgns

OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) -- The New Orleans Hornets made the first splash of the NBA's free-agent signing period, agreeing to terms Saturday with three-time All-Star Peja Stojakovic.

Stojakovic, who last week opted to become a free agent instead of continue playing for Indiana, will sign a five-year deal worth about $64 million with the Hornets, said his agent, David Bauman.

Bauman said Stojakovic will sign as soon as the NBA's moratorium ends next week. NBA teams were allowed to begin negotiating with free agents on Saturday but cannot officially sign players until July 12.

That should be a good signing for the Hornets. With their rookie bigmen providing depth, I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs next season.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:21 PM   #560
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm pretty sure the Cassell and Thomas situations are unrelated. The Thomas deal looks like a 4 year MLE contract. They had bird rights to retain the Alien.
Old 07-02-2006, 04:36 PM   #561
ThunderingHERD
College Benchwarmer

The Hornets definately look good for next year. Don't know about that contract for Peja though--he has declined sharply over the last 2 years. He did bounce back after the trade last year though, so maybe he just needed a new team.

"Everyone's a voyeurist--they're watching me watch them watch me right now."
ThunderingHERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2006, 06:59 PM   #562
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:

Tim Thomas found the right situation last year in Phoenix to shine. The Clips made a big mistake with this contract.

I like Matt Harpring, but not sure how well he fits the Phoenix style of play.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:03 PM   #563
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
Yeah, this move is annoying to me as a Clips fan.

We offered Vlade the same deal and a clearly defined role as a shooter with our squad. He knows the Clips are legit, too.

But he goes with the Lakers. They were talking on radio tonight that Kobe and Phil and Vlade (Divac) and Magic were all calling or ready to call him this morning, and that that might have swung him the Lakers' way.

I'm sure that had its effect, but I think what ended up moving him to the other locker room at Staples is that he would be a top option on offense, at least on the level of Odom as co-#2's (although neither should be #2's). Since they score in different ways, they can co-exist better. The problem I see is that Odom really should be a 3, and they need to get a legit PF, not get an even softer 3 with less passing or rebounding or defensive ability, and move a soft (if very talented) 3 into the 4 spot.

This gives the Lakers more offensive versatility and punch, but it hurts them in all sorts of other areas of the team.

Yeah this signing surprised me. The only PF available of note as a FA is Ben Wallace however, and the Lakers can't afford to sign him, nor does he provide the scoring that they need. I guess they just decided to go after the most talented scorer they could nab, and figure that the rest will sort itself out.

Does Kwame slide to C, or does Mihm stay the starter?
Old 07-02-2006, 07:04 PM   #564
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
That should be a good signing for the Hornets. With their rookie bigmen providing depth, I think they have a good shot at making the playoffs next season.

Definately. It's been a good offseason for them so far. I'm not a huge fan of Peja, but he'll make this team better.
Old 07-02-2006, 11:50 PM   #565
sooner333
College Starter

Hornets also will sign Bobby Jackson as well to take Speedy Claxton's spot in the 6th man/scoring from the bench role.

I think Peja is just what the Hornets need...the team did fairly well last year with Paul creating mid-range opportunities for West and Brown, but they didn't have the outside shooter that was consistent. Butler kind of showed up toward the end when they started fading out Snyder somewhat (who couldn't shoot from the outside), but even so, I don't think you want him as your go-to guy from the outside.

Hopefully the Hornets make the playoffs and I'll be there at the Ford Center for it!
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:10 AM   #566
MrBug708
Head Coach

Quote:
Yeah this signing surprised me. The only PF available of note as a FA is Ben Wallace however, and the Lakers can't afford to sign him, nor does he provide the scoring that they need. I guess they just decided to go after the most talented scorer they could nab, and figure that the rest will sort itself out.

The Lakers are hoping Mihm can bring them something else; sign and trade for Al Harrington
Old 07-03-2006, 12:15 AM   #567
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Heh heh welcome to one of the most often asked questions on talk radio around here.

Kwame started while Mihm was hurt for much of the second half of the season and in the playoffs, and that's when he finally became a functional part of the team, putting up about 10 & 8 per night, and playing solid interior defense. It seems he is much better at C than PF. But Mihm is coming off his best season statistically (for what that's worth), is more consistent, and is much better suited to guard bigger C's (although not as many of those around now).

So do you roll the dice that Kwame's half-season is him finally maturing in a role he can handle, or is it just another maddening stretch of good play to tease before he goes back to not putting up a consistent effort? If you buy into the new Kwame, you try to move Mihm and his salary for help, such as at PG. If you don't, you keep Mihm and cross your fingers (but you also make it much harder to move Mihm in the middle of the season).

Personally, I say roll the dice and deal Mihm, who could probably eb a serviceable player in the post for a lot of the lower echelon squads in the league.

Last edited by Chief Rum : 07-03-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:17 AM   #568
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The Lakers are hoping Mihm can bring them something else; sign and trade for Al Harrington

Hawks are going to want a lot more for Harrington than Mihm, I would guess, and I'm not sure the Lakers have too many other bargaining chips. BTW, isn't Harrington a natural 3?

Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #569
MrBug708
Head Coach

It was Cook and someone else I think
Old 07-03-2006, 12:53 AM   #570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
It was Cook and someone else I think

lol...Smush maybe? If the Hawks trade Harrington for those three mediocre (at best) roster filler types, they deserve to rival the Knicks for dumb moves in this league.

If they were to get Harrington, I wonder if they might look to deal Odom for a natural PF? They could probably get a solid one there for Odom.

I wonder if Banks is out of the picture because of the Radmonovich signing, because I thought he would be a very good fit for the Lakers.

A lineup of Banks-Kobe-Harrington-unknown solid PF-Brown, with Radmonovich, Bynum, Vujacic and Farmar off the bench would be a very solid squad that would likely contend with the Suns and Clips for the division.

Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 AM   #571
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum
lol...Smush maybe? If the Hawks trade Harrington for those three mediocre (at best) roster filler types, they deserve to rival the Knicks for dumb moves in this league.

If they were to get Harrington, I wonder if they might look to deal Odom for a natural PF? They could probably get a solid one there for Odom.

I wonder if Banks is out of the picture because of the Radmonovich signing, because I thought he would be a very good fit for the Lakers.

A lineup of Banks-Kobe-Harrington-unknown solid PF-Brown, with Radmonovich, Bynum, Vujacic and Farmar off the bench would be a very solid squad that would likely contend with the Suns and Clips for the division.

Banks is probably off of the Lakers radar now. He can't really be sign and traded due to not having an option picked up for this year. And the Wolves can't sign him to the MLE and then trade him either.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:47 AM   #572
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And possibly the first WTF signing of the offseason, IMO anyways.

Quote:
The Denver Nuggets and restricted free agent big man, Nene, have agreed to a 6-year/60 million dollar contract.

Nene has career averages of 10.7 points and 6.2 rebounds per game.

Oh, and he is also coming off of a torn ACL. It's possible that someone else was set to make him a huge offer, but that is just overpaying. He is a nice player when he's been healthy. The Samuel Daleamburt and Tyson Chandler contracts last season completely fucked the market for big men.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:21 AM   #573
stevew
Hall Of Famer

And this is also pretty crazy when you think about it.

Quote:
Detroit News - Ben Wallace isn't happy with the Pistons initial offer, the Detroit News is reporting.

"It was disappointing," he said. "It was not at all what I expected."

The Pistons' initial offer was a four-year deal starting at $11.5 million and would pay him $49.6 million over four years.

I know that Ben brings a lot to the table that cannot be quantified in mere stats. But that offer is more than fair. I believe he can only get a 4 year deal due to age, although it might be 5 tops. But 12 million a season is good money, especially when it's a place that plays the style of ball you excell in. Whatever Ben gets this offseason, is more than likely going to effect what Chauncey wants next offseason. It's going to be very expensive to keep the team together.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:54 AM   #574
Arles
Grey Dog Software

Suns signed the Polish rifleman (Piatkowski) to a 2-year veteran's minimum deal. They also extended a two-year $3 million offer to Lindsey Hunter. The main positive so far is that they haven't overpaid for questionable vets or setup another Brian Grant situation. Phoenix also added back the "Magic Lamp" (maceij lampe) to our summer league team with Lionel Chalmers and Roman Sato.
Arles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:01 AM   #575
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

anyone know what the fudge the Rockets are doing????
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #576
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Hawks sign Speedy Claxton to a four-year $24 million contract.

Rockets are possibly signing Mike James.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:11 PM   #577
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
And this is also pretty crazy when you think about it.

I know that Ben brings a lot to the table that cannot be quantified in mere stats. But that offer is more than fair. I believe he can only get a 4 year deal due to age, although it might be 5 tops. But 12 million a season is good money, especially when it's a place that plays the style of ball you excell in. Whatever Ben gets this offseason, is more than likely going to effect what Chauncey wants next offseason. It's going to be very expensive to keep the team together.

I speak for most Detroiters when I say fuck Ben Wallace.

He feels like he's owed the world, but no player who can't score nor shoot free throws is worth what he wants. Especially at 32 when he's already having nagging injuries creep up from all the banging he does. When he loses that, he literally has nothing left.

He hates any coach we have in here. You have three extremes too in Carlisle, Brown and Saunders, and he hates them all. Furthermore our defense wasn't tops in the league last year, and if we had a post threat as opposed to Ben we probably would've been better off the playoffs.

He's a lost cause here and I'll be very disappointed if we resign Ben Wallace with how hes acted.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 04:16 PM   #578
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Suns signed the Polish rifleman (Piatkowski) to a 2-year veteran's minimum deal. They also extended a two-year $3 million offer to Lindsey Hunter. The main positive so far is that they haven't overpaid for questionable vets or setup another Brian Grant situation. Phoenix also added back the "Magic Lamp" (maceij lampe) to our summer league team with Lionel Chalmers and Roman Sato.

What's the deal with Milos Vujanic? Is he not the player he was once thought of. Looking at the Euro League stats, it almost looks like he got hurt or something, barely played this past year.
Old 07-03-2006, 05:58 PM   #579
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

the same Mike James we had 2 years ago?
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 06:34 PM   #580
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Hawks sign Speedy Claxton to a four-year $24 million contract.

Good move for the Hawks.

"Meh" move for the Rockets.
Old 07-03-2006, 07:45 PM   #581
miami_fan
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Sparkle
Peja to Hornets!

Not a bad signing by the Hornets. Slightly overpriced IMO but I think they had to make the financial commitment to get him early. I am not a huge fan of the Peja that I saw with the Pacers but I guess I can chalk that up to injuries.

Sidenote: I know hindsight is 20/20 but the Pacers held on to Ron Artest in effort to get the best offer possible. Now they have nothing to show for it. I am pretty sure they thought they had a shot at Peja in free agency but it has not worked out. Don't you have to have pretty much a guarantee from Peja that he is going to resign with you if you make that deal? Like I said I know hindsight is 20/20, but the distractions that went along with keeping Artest so long at this point outweigh any benefit that they got from Peja's time as a Pacer.
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
Old 07-03-2006, 07:57 PM   #582
JeffNights
College Prospect

Breaking news from ESPN.

-Ben Wallace will sign a 4 year,52 million deal with the Chicago Bulls.

wow, not that he would leave Detroit, but he was "irked" at Detroit Intial offer of 4 year 50 million...and here leaves for 2 million more? As if there wasnt room to negotiate...Ah well screw him, no offense and a liability at the free throw line.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:06 PM   #583
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffNights
Breaking news from ESPN.

wow, not that he would leave Detroit, but he was "irked" at Detroit Intial offer of 4 year 50 million...and here leaves for 2 million more? As if there wasnt room to negotiate...Ah well screw him, no offense and a liability at the free throw line.

Silly move for Ben Wallace and even worse for the Bulls. As has been said by just about everyone, Wallace is not the player he once was. At least it was only a 4 year contract, but damn that's a lot of cash. So now the Bulls have Wallace AND Chandler in the frontcourt? The two of them combined might average 10ppg.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:14 PM   #584
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Breaking news from ESPN.

Thank God.

This will set the Bulls back even longer if they dont win it this year or next.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:19 PM   #585
cschex
High School Varsity

I know he is developing still and may never live up to the #2 pick in the draft, but I bet Dumars is kicking himself for basically giving away Darko for cap room to help re-sign Wallace.

Edit: What exactly are the Bulls thinking? They were probably already going to trade Chandler but this pretty much forces their hand. Also, Ty Thomas is a high-energy forward with a limited offensive game. How many of those players can you have on one team?

Last edited by cschex : 07-03-2006 at 08:23 PM.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:23 PM   #586
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cschex
I know he is developing still and may never live up to the #2 pick in the draft, but I bet Dumars is kicking himself for basically giving away Darko for cap room to help re-sign Wallace.

Yup. A developing shot blocker like Darko might have helped plug that gap at PF that they now have on their hands...

Darko looked pretty good at times in a Magic jersey.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:24 PM   #587
JeffNights
College Prospect

Quote:

Edit: What exactly are the Bulls thinking? They were probably already going to trade Chandler but this pretty much forces their hand. Also, Ty Thomas is a high-energy forward with a limited offensive game. How many of those players can you have on one team?

Darko was playing with fire in Orlando after that trade...gee, it's a wonder what the bare minimum of 10 minutes will do for a talented youngster.
JeffNights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:29 PM   #588
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
What exactly are the Bulls thinking? They were probably already going to trade Chandler but this pretty much forces their hand. Also, Ty Thomas is a high-energy forward with a limited offensive game. How many of those players can you have on one team?

Chandler's contract makes him VERY difficult to move. His scoring ability has dropped right off to the point where he doesn't even shoot anymore. The Bulls need to find a way to get him to at least be a little aggressive with his scoring and not just sit outside of the offense.

I don't think Ty Thomas is expected to contribute much this season, which is why I feel that Aldridge may have been a better fit for the Bulls. He's got more size and is the better scorer.

Thomas is pretty high-risk IMO. I watched all of LSU's tourney run last season and at no point did I consider Thomas a sure-flight NBA stud. It wasn't until the mock drafts and hype started to build up as the tourney came to a close that I realised he was going to be a lotto pick.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:38 PM   #589
Groundhog
Coordinator

I hope the Cavs make a bit of a run for Reggie Evans. He's not the scorer that Gooden is, but I think he's a better scorer than he has shown. When given some touches in Seattle he did OK.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:40 PM   #590
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Rumor down here in New Orleans is that the Hornets may be trading for Chandler. I can't say I'm thrilled about it if it happens.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:45 PM   #591
miami_fan
Coordinator

I am shocked how quickly the relationship between Wallace and the Pistons went downhill. I really would like to know when this started. It could not have been just the blow up between Flip and Ben near the end of the season was it? Either way I agree with everyone else about the signing. Very suspect signing IMO.
Old 07-03-2006, 08:46 PM   #592
hoopsguy
General Manager

One potential Chandler trade that was being discussed was for PJ Brown, who is probably as valuable for his expiring contract (while shedding Chandler) as his game given his advancing age.

Chandler is the last guy on the roster from Krause's roster; when Paxson moves him he will have completely turned it over.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 08:57 PM   #593
stevew
Hall Of Famer

It was PJ Brown and JR Smith for Chandler from what i read.
Old 07-03-2006, 09:05 PM   #594
LloydLungs
College Prospect

Quote:
It was PJ Brown and JR Smith for Chandler from what i read.

The deal was PJ Brown/JR Smith for Chandler/Malik Allen, but it sounds like it's possible the Smith/Allen part of the deal will be tinkered with before it's completed.

But boy, that's an awful lot of cap space to tie up between Chandler and Peja. I think the Hornets are definitely a playoff contender now but those guys aren't going to make you a championship contender either. Nevertheless, we've had a ton of cap space for years and it appears this is finally the offseason that we're making our move, for better or worse.

Last edited by LloydLungs : 07-03-2006 at 09:05 PM.
LloydLungs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:13 PM   #595
cschex
High School Varsity

Quote:
Thomas is pretty high-risk IMO. I watched all of LSU's tourney run last season and at no point did I consider Thomas a sure-flight NBA stud. It wasn't until the mock drafts and hype started to build up as the tourney came to a close that I realised he was going to be a lotto pick.
WARNING: I am an LSU alum so take my words with a grain of salt.

Ty is still very raw but his work ethic is incredible, and he's still getting used to his new frame. He was amazing at times during the tourney (the Duke game especially) but remember, he was coming off a late season injury that had him sitting out the last few regular season games as well as the SEC tournament. I saw about 75% of his games this season and I will say he definitely has the ability to be drafted where he was and is a much better pick than the last Tiger selected at #2, Stro Swift, because he actually plays with energy and passion and cares about working to make himself better.

I think the Bulls will be very happy with him in 3 years time.

Last edited by cschex : 07-03-2006 at 09:14 PM.
cschex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 09:28 PM   #596
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Breaking news from ESPN.

It could be a lot more than 2 million when it comes down to the structuring of the deal. For instance, the Bulls could have offered him the maximum signing bonus, and an upfront payment of 80% of his salary this year. So he could bank about 18 million before the season starts, vs having to take season long payments splitting up 12 million. Present day value of money, all that shit....

Last edited by stevew : 07-03-2006 at 09:49 PM.
Old 07-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #597
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Sportscenter is saying 4 years 60 million now for Wallace.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 10:36 PM   #598
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deattribution
Sportscenter is saying 4 years 60 million now for Wallace.

There may be a lot of incentives involved. Basically you have to have the cap room to offer the incentives, but if they are "unlikely to be earned" the cap room re-opens after the signing is completed. Wallace may, for instance, get an extra 2 million if the Bulls win 50 games this year which would accelerate the total value of the contract from 52 to 60.
Old 07-03-2006, 11:07 PM   #599
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Maybe, if the Pistons ask nicely... they can replace Wallace's scoring prowess by coaxing Chris Dudley out of retirement...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 12:35 AM   #600
Logan
Head Coach

Thanks...now I'm going to have nightmares about Chris Dudley's foul shooting.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote