Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-09-2003, 02:59 PM   #551
BigDPW
College Prospect

Good game last night Kodos... I gave it all I had and just came up short... For some reason I just could not stop you on punt returns... Seems like I was out kicking my coverage everytime... Marion Killed me with the returns... (one huge one and several other key 20-30 yarders...

It is hard to believe that Kodos has just now gotten his first win... We always seem to play each other very close... This time was no different... I think if I would have had the balls to stick with my running game early I could have managed a win... But I gave up on it too early...
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 03:01 PM   #552
BigDPW
College Prospect

10:00 will be fine... See you then... Meet on AIM or in the FML room???
Old 03-09-2003, 04:47 PM   #553
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Hey Chris and RainRaven, I might be able to play earlier tonight. I was supposed to work to 11 but I got off at 5. In fact, earlier might be better since I'm not working now the wife and I will probably go out and get drunk again. Just let me know.
joegibbsjr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 07:28 PM   #554
CoachTD7
n00b

Primelord,

Reorder roster pust the best rated players in the game. When you do this it changes the teams rating. For instance, the Raiders are like 82 and when you reorder they are ranked 86.

Coach TD7

http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html
CoachTD7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2003, 08:20 PM   #555
BigDPW
College Prospect

Primelord...

Sorry but I will be unable to play tonight as I had originally planned... I have to go to a friends house and help them with some heavy lifting... Sorry but I had no idea until tonight she needed help... If I get in late and still feel up to playing I will look for you on AIM...

We can try for Monday or Tuesday night...
Old 03-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #556
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

Thats fine. I will probably be up pretty late tongiht. So if you do get in late and want to play let me know.

Chuck,

I am up for our game tonight too if you are.
Old 03-09-2003, 09:58 PM   #557
CoachTD7
n00b

Vince,

Remember tonight at 9:15pm PST in the FML room with the PW: Fof. See you then.

Coach TD7

Old 03-10-2003, 12:36 AM   #558
Vince
Pro Starter

Great game between myself and CoachTD7...had I been able to field an offense in the first half, I might have won.

Final:
Colts 24
Chargers 31

After Edge went down in the first, I was worried...but he came back after only a few plays. When he went down again early in the second, I was really worried...and that time, he didn't come back. Down a staggering 24-3 at the half, my boys weren't too happy going into the third quarter, especially with the Chargers getting the ball to start the half. But San Diego's running game never got going, and the Colts started a comeback. After 14 unanswered points, the Colts were sitting strong at 24-17...one more stop and the juggernaut that had become the Colts' passing game could attempt to even the score. But alas, a key Conway catch over the middle, and a huge counterplay by Tomlinson set up an eventual Tomlinson TD, and with just under 3 minutes to play, the Colts were down two scores.

At this point, our connections got screwed, so we started over with a single 3 minute quarter.

Immediately upon the start of the Colt drive, Manning goes down with back spasms, and all of a sudden things look REALLY bleak for the Colts. But a few key plays and the Colts were in business. Another touchdown, this with just under 2 minutes to play, and it was again a one score game. However, with no timeouts remaining, an onside kick was our only hope...but alas, the Madden gods kept my season just good enough to lose, and the Chargers were able to run out the clock. Great game, Coach.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:43 AM   #559
CoachTD7
n00b

Good game Vince. It was close and I was worried. Not only did James go out, but Conway was out for the 1st half and McNeil, my best cornerback, was out for the second half. What a nightmare game. Also, the lag was really bad. It didn't affect plays, but it froze parts of plays. It was like the Matrix. Lol. Good game.

Coach TD7

Old 03-10-2003, 01:13 AM   #560
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chris or RainRaven, if either of you can play tomorrow afternoon, say between 11:30 to 1 est, let me know. If not, maybe tomorrow night after 11:30 est.
Old 03-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #561
CoachTD7
n00b

Big DPW and Vince,

When would you guys like to play our games? All nights at like 12:15pm EST works. Also, all nights at 7pm EST works. Let me know please.

Coach TD7

Old 03-10-2003, 11:59 AM   #562
Kodos
Resident Alien

Smile

Hey Vince. When would you like to play our Week 10 rematch?
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2003, 12:37 PM   #563
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

I will not be able to play our game tonight, but I should be available tomorrow night.
Old 03-10-2003, 04:35 PM   #564
CoachTD7
n00b

BigDPW,

Since you don't have a game tonight with Primelord do you want to play me tonight? Let me know either way. I will check the threads about 7pm ET and 10pm ET.

Coach TD7

Old 03-10-2003, 07:34 PM   #565
BigDPW
College Prospect

Sorry guys... I have to be at work/school at 5:30 tomorrow morning... So I can't stay up too late to play... Hopefully I will not have to be there that early on Wed and I will be able to get in some games tomorrow... Probably anytime after 6:00 EST tomorrow but before 10:00 should work...
Old 03-10-2003, 09:46 PM   #566
CoachTD7
n00b

BigDPW,

How about we play at 8pm ET tomorrow? Let me know for sure.

CoachTD7

Old 03-10-2003, 11:48 PM   #567
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chris or RainRaven, let me know if either of you are available tomorrow between 11:30-1 est or tomorrow night after 11:30 est.
Old 03-11-2003, 12:07 AM   #568
Raven
College Prospect

Chris, I am off tuesday and can play our game pretty much whenever. Let me know if you can do it, otherwise it may have to wait until sunday.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2003, 03:03 AM   #569
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok kodos, here's the plan: I already talked to Coach and he and I are slated to play at 9:15 PST on Thursday. My intramural basketball team is in our single elimination playoffs...if we win tomorrow at 6, we get to play again at 10. If we win there, we advance to the Semis on wednesday at 6. If we win THAT game, we advance to the final which is Thursday at 6. Hopefully we win out and retire in style (this is my team's last season all together before most of us graduate). I'd be available to play no matter what Wednesday after about 7:30 PST, but I'm reserving that as a study day, because I'm fairly swamped with schoolwork nowadays as well.

So, to make a long story short, I can play Thursday after I finish with Coach, but that would be pretty late for you (after 12 central, probably). Friday I'm open all day until 6 PST, then I'm at work all night. Let me know if you can play Friday, or even late Thursday...I'm looking forward to our rematch, sans a futilely hurdling Fiedler.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:07 AM   #570
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

Thursday night could work.
Old 03-11-2003, 03:28 PM   #571
CoachTD7
n00b

BigDPW,

How about at 9pm EST? Instead of 8pm EST. Let me know for sure though. Thanks!

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-11-2003 at 03:29 PM.
Old 03-11-2003, 07:56 PM   #572
CoachTD7
n00b

BigDWP,

I guess you don't want to play tonight after all. Well let me know when you can play for sure.

Coach TD7

Old 03-12-2003, 12:35 AM   #573
joegibbsjr.
n00b

It just wasn't RainRaven's night tonight. We played our week 10 game earlier and it was 1 of those games where everything went my way and nothing went right for him. After jumping out to a 24-0 lead in the 2nd quarter, Rainraven scored 17 striaght to make it 24-17 in the 3rd, but then the momentum swung back to me and I scored a couple lucky TDs in the 4th to wrap it up. If RainRaven's offense had played the whole game like they did the 3rd quarter it would have been ugly for me.

GOOD GAME RainRaven !!!!!!

Skins- 41
Cheifs- 17
Old 03-12-2003, 12:39 AM   #574
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chris, let me know when your available to play our game. I'll be able to play tomorrow(wed.) between 11:30-1 est or after 11:30 est tomorrow night. Hopefully we'll be able to get our game in by Thursday night because I'll be out of town from Friday morning thru the weekend.
Old 03-12-2003, 01:32 AM   #575
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, possible snag, Kodos and Coach. I didn't realize, but our game on Thursday would be at 10 PST. Did you guys want to play earlier? I have no problem playing between 5-8:30 PST.

By the way, my IM team won both games tonight, and I'm really psyched about it One game away from the Championship, baby
Old 03-12-2003, 04:15 AM   #576
Kodos
Resident Alien

Thumbs up

I can play earlier. No problemo. Have you solved your lag problem yet? (You said something about trying a new setup, I think.)

And congrats on advancing in the IM playoffs. Nothing feels better than winning.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:56 AM   #577
CoachTD7
n00b

That is fine Vince. How about at 5pm PST on Thursday? You all need to check the site out I have added some stuff and updated it http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html . A request was made by Kodos and he got his wish.

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-12-2003 at 09:09 AM.
Old 03-12-2003, 10:33 AM   #578
Raven
College Prospect

Chris when is a good time for us to play our week 7 game? I'm the Titans.

BigDPW, we can also try to play our week 9 (or is it week 10?) game.
Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 01:09 PM   #579
Vince
Pro Starter

I haven't been able to figure out what my problem is...my connection always registers 4/5 or even 5/5 on the Madden server, and my connection is never intermittent. I don't understand why I always get ridiculous lag. Anyhow, it's been less lately (my game vs. Coach was much better than my game vs. Kodos), so hopefully it'll clear up.

Coach, you're on for 5 PM on Thursday...Kodos, you game for when we're done? Probably between 6-6:30 PST?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:46 PM   #580
Kodos
Resident Alien

Is that 8:30 CST?
Old 03-12-2003, 01:47 PM   #581
Vince
Pro Starter

I think so...

PST = Mountain - 1, Central - 2, Eastern - 3
Old 03-12-2003, 01:58 PM   #582
primelord
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally posted by Kodos
And congrats on advancing in the IM playoffs. Nothing feels better than winning.

How would you know?
primelord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 02:03 PM   #583
Kodos
Resident Alien

Quote:
Originally posted by primelord
How would you know?

That's what I've read in the newspaper.

Vince, 8:30 CST works for me.
Old 03-12-2003, 02:05 PM   #584
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

I am still waiting to play our week 7 game. Any idea when you will be available to do so?
Old 03-12-2003, 02:47 PM   #585
BigDPW
College Prospect

Sorry for not being able to play games the last few days guys... I can play right now... 3:45 EST until about 4:30 (start time)... And I may be able to play tonight depending on how my studying goes this evening... I will not be able to play tomorrow b/c I will be on call at the hospital... Friday I may be able to play early in the afternoon but after that I will be out of town until late saturday... So Saturday night or Sunday during the day coudl work also...
Old 03-12-2003, 03:42 PM   #586
primelord
Pro Rookie

BigDPW,

If you can play tonight that is good for me. If not we will probably have to try for Sunday.
Old 03-12-2003, 05:17 PM   #587
CoachTD7
n00b

Big DPW,

I can play tonight like at (9pm ET or later), but if not let's set a time on Sunday okay? Let me know please. How about 2pm ET? Or even Saturday night will work like 11pm ET or later? We can play earlier just throw out some times and I will let you know which ones work.

Old 03-12-2003, 05:26 PM   #588
BigDPW
College Prospect

8pm would work best if I can play one of you guys tonight... (8pm EST)

Sunday I should be pretty open...
Old 03-12-2003, 06:28 PM   #589
CoachTD7
n00b

Big DPW,

Okay I will see you at 8pm EST in the FML room PW: Fof. Later.

Coach TD7

Old 03-12-2003, 08:12 PM   #590
CoachTD7
n00b

In a somewhat defensive struggle. The Patriots jumped out to a 6-0 lead on the Chargers, but the Chargers came back scoring 17 unanswered points despite two 50+ yard field goals missed. The Patriots then responded in the 4th quarter with two touchdowns one set up by Donald Hayes' double coverage catch on the one yard line. Making the score 18-17 because of 2 Patriots failed 2 point conversions. The Chargers got the ball with a minute left with one time out on their own 18, but two drop balls by an open Tim Dwight sealed the game for the Patriots along with 5 sacks and constant pressue on Brees. Good game Big DPW.

Patriots 18
Chargers 17

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-12-2003 at 08:14 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:31 PM   #591
CoachTD7
n00b

Thank Big DPW for the new logo on the website http://www.geocities.com/tretd7/Fmlmainpage.html I have team logos also thanks to Big DPW I might put on the contact page that is if I can figure it out.

Coach TD7

Last edited by CoachTD7 : 03-12-2003 at 08:34 PM.
Old 03-12-2003, 08:42 PM   #592
BigDPW
College Prospect

Great Game Coach...

That was the most exciting game I have played in a long while and especially the most exciting game I have won in awhile...

Coach - Be sure not to link to our email addresses from your site... This is because when everyone gave me their emails it was with the agreement that I would not put the file on the internet or post their email online anywhere... To avoid potential for SPAM...
Old 03-12-2003, 08:44 PM   #593
BigDPW
College Prospect

Just noticed that you have already posted the contact info.... I don't have a huge problem with it but I think you may want to ask the rest of the league if they are OK with it...
Old 03-12-2003, 10:39 PM   #594
Chris01
n00b

Raven I can play after 6pm most nights and on the weekends I'm usually pretty open. I see you're on now so I'm gonna try and see if I can IM you, or if you see this respond. Also JoeGibbsjr I can play you tomorrow night around 9:30pm pst if you're available. Just get back to me. Thanks fellas.

Chris
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2003, 10:40 PM   #595
CoachTD7
n00b

Big DPW and all,

The only reason I linked the email addresses to the site is, because of the commissioners recommendation, so if this is a problem let me know.

Coach TD7

Old 03-12-2003, 11:19 PM   #596
Kodos
Resident Alien

I didn't really think about it. We can certainly take that stuff off if people want it gone. I think just our Screen names would be good enough.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:23 AM   #597
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chris, I assume you had trouble getting online earlier. Actually, so did I. I'll plan on meeting you Thursday night at 9:30 est. Do you want to meet on AIM or on madden? Let me know. I'll be home from work tomorrow night around 7:30 est so if you want to meet a little earlier that might work too.
Old 03-13-2003, 01:56 AM   #598
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, my team won again tonight (hell yeah!) on the strength of my 25 points We're in the championship tomorrow night for sure. Because of this, Kodos, I think I'm going to have to cancel our game...I hate to do that now after I scheduled it, but my roommates would kill me if I didn't get there early to warm up.
Old 03-13-2003, 12:36 PM   #599
Chris01
n00b

Sorry JoeGibbsjr I thought we were playing at 9:30pst from your earlier post you said you could play after 11:30pm est. Miscommunication on both our parts I guess Anyhow I can try and get a game in earlier but I won't know until a little later so I'll try and post and let you know bud. Sorry about the miscommunication. Talk to you later.

Chris
Chris01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2003, 01:10 PM   #600
joegibbsjr.
n00b

Chris, just let me know what time is good for you bro. I should be able to play pretty much anytime tonight after 8 est. What ever works best for you.