Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2005, 08:40 PM   #551
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
I bought the rosters in an ebay auction for XBox Rosters that had two options: $3+$2 shipping, if you sent him a memory card, or $30 total and he'll buy a Memory Card and ship it to you with the rosters on it

Buy the game from DVD Planet $35 and save yourself $18 towards a Max drive. You will use it for more than NCAA probably. Madden, NCAA BB, etc...
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:50 PM   #552
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Is Max Drive for PS2 or XBOX?

I am thinking about buying the game for PS2 instead of XBOX this year.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:55 PM   #553
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Nevermind it is for both I guess.

BL has released his rosters for 06 already at Madden Mania.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:04 PM   #554
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Well I had a painful experience tonight. I went to my local Toys R' Us as its the only place I hadn't tried yet. I asked the guy about the game and he said it wasn't out yet. then he started asking me about it because he had never played it before. I think I hyped it up pretty good because he actually WENT INTO THE BACK AND BROUGHT OUT A COPY! I was all excited and he said "Yeah, we have them now, but we can't sell them until the 12th." It was probably the single meanest thing anyone has ever done to me in my life. I think he almost actually sold it to me when the tears welled up in my eyes, but in the end he stood firm.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:13 PM   #555
Philliesfan980
Banned

Has anyone heard whether or not a coach mode, unofficial of course, is viable this year?

I really wish one of these years one of these games gets a CPU vs CPU mode right!
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:15 PM   #556
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Has anyone heard whether or not a coach mode, unofficial of course, is viable this year?

I really wish one of these years one of these games gets a CPU vs CPU mode right!

Only some very preliminary impressions (but I stopped reading two or three days ago and am not going to read it again until after I have the game on Tuesday) that talked about some decent results with unofficial coach mode. I plan on trying coach mode once some sliders for coach only mode are out, and I'll be glad to give some impressions about that once it is done.

I'm hopeful of having one "coach mode" dynasty and one joystick dynasty.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 PM   #557
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Only some very preliminary impressions (but I stopped reading two or three days ago and am not going to read it again until after I have the game on Tuesday) that talked about some decent results with unofficial coach mode. I plan on trying coach mode once some sliders for coach only mode are out, and I'll be glad to give some impressions about that once it is done.

I'm hopeful of having one "coach mode" dynasty and one joystick dynasty.

Yeah, thats probably what I'll end up doing as well.

The bottom line for me is realism, and as long as there's a human element of gameplay control, you'll never really have it. Me playing with Matt Leinert and you playing with Matt Leinert will produce two different end results, good or bad. What I want is to be the coach/AD and run a program. Honestly, I really don't see whats so hard about that programming wise. It just goes to show that EA really does program crap into their games that they shouldn't be if they can't come up with that mode.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:29 PM   #558
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
When I used to send mine off (thanks to OT, I just bought a Max drive today), it was a pretty quick turn around and was well worth the $8 or so to get them.. it's not like you're going to save any franchise info anyway if you're wanting to use the real names.
Yeah, but the card ahs my online profile as well as my connection information on it. So there would be no online play either. Pretty much just exhibition games until I could get it back. Also I don't know if I would be comfortable sending my one and only memory card that has all of my game saves on it.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:30 PM   #559
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Given all of that, I would look at investing in a max drive or similar device. Mine cost about 25 dollars, but I've used it for several games now over the past year and it is quickly paying for itself.
Old 07-07-2005, 09:44 PM   #560
HomerJSimpson
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
HTF do they find the time to type all those names?

I've done it in the past, and that without a keyboard. These guys have keyboards which means they can probably punch them out with only a couple of days work.
HomerJSimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:49 PM   #561
CraigSca
Pro Starter

On the off chance, I visited a local Toys R' Us tonight, but the guy said he didn't have them nor did he have any idea about a release date. It amazes me how out of touch some of the people are in the video game department. People must be bombarding them with these questions, right?
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:51 PM   #562
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
On the off chance, I visited a local Toys R' Us tonight, but the guy said he didn't have them nor did he have any idea about a release date. It amazes me how out of touch some of the people are in the video game department. People must be bombarding them with these questions, right?

Yeah, you'd think. However, I don't think that people even think about Video Games when it comes to Toys R US anymore.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:00 PM   #563
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I give up trying to find it early.. under the thinking that even if i did get it early.. some poor kid would probably lose his/her job over selling it to me.. So i went to gamestop and paid it off completely.. but not before i made them show me they had a ton of xbox copies for the midnight release (they had over 75 for each)
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #564
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
I give up trying to find it early.. under the thinking that even if i did get it early.. some poor kid would probably lose his/her job over selling it to me.. So i went to gamestop and paid it off completely.. but not before i made them show me they had a ton of xbox copies for the midnight release (they had over 75 for each)

I stopped by a local Target tonight killing some time and they wouldn't see a copy either.

No biggie. I did cancel my DVD Planet order and did an in-store pickup at Best Buy. That way, it'll be there on the 12th waiting for me without me having to mess with the rush.

Why do certain games do this to us? I hope I don't get this hyped for Madden.
Old 07-07-2005, 10:15 PM   #565
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
WOW!!!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 10:21 PM   #566
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Good luck guys - unfortunately I have a family trip to Baltimore the 11th and 12th, so I'll be playing on the 13th.

If I have a surprise business trip, I think I'll probably bring my PS2 with me as I can't deal with this anymore
how do you know?

Old 07-07-2005, 10:52 PM   #567
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I didn't go hunting for the game tonight (and I'm 90% sure that I won't bother since the official release date is near), but I did have some fun with some guys at GameStop tonight. I decided to lie about something and mess with their heads. Check this out.

Me: "Do you have the strategy guide for NCAA 2006 in?" (I have no intention of buying it)
GS Guy: "No, it comes in Monday. Have you preordered the game yet?"
Me: "No, I already have it. A couple of stores broke street date."
GS Guy: "Yeeeeah, EA is suing the stores that sold it early. You were one of the lucky ones, huh?"
Me: "Hehe. Yeah, I guess so."
GS Guy: "You know, they're planning to sue the people who bought the game early, too."
Me: *snorts to withhold laughter* "Thanks."

I immediately ran across the store to my wife and relayed the story to her while I was cracking up. Another GameStop guy was standing behind her when I was talking to her, and I'm sure he heard me, but I'm never going to be in that store again. Was the first guy trying to get me scared or upset because I didn't want to preorder at his store? Why (or how) the hell could EA sue the customers who were lucky enough to get the game early? Of course I don't actually have the game, but when I said I did, this guy tried to spook me. What in the world?
Old 07-07-2005, 10:57 PM   #568
Ragone
Pro Rookie

seriously.. even if ea wanted to do so.. what law would you have broken.. its not like the game was stolen..
Old 07-07-2005, 11:00 PM   #569
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
seriously.. even if ea wanted to do so.. what law would you have broken.. its not like the game was stolen..
Breaking News!!!!
Ea has bought the US govt and passed laws regarding early release. Punishment is DEATH!!!!
Old 07-07-2005, 11:04 PM   #570
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

That is a bizarre conversation Pumpy. I've heard of other store employees making weird threats, but this is the first one I've heard of from a reliable source.

I was just about to go to bed, and I was checking my voice mail messages from earlier today and I realized EB games called. For a brief second, I wondered if they actually changed their mind and are releasing it early. However, it turns out that they were calling to let me know they are having an NCAA 2006 party on Saturday where everyone can play in a tournament and have some chips and drinks. I was kind of surprised since this is a fairly new EB games and it isn't that big.

Also, they said this is the first game that they will be selling at Midnight on Monday night (into Tuesday morning.)

Now, I debate on whether I will go at midnight. IF my contract is worked out with this one clinic and I can start working there on Tuesday (it still wasn't finalized just for this one clinic as of today) then I won't bother because I'll just have to be up too early on Tuesday to enjoy the game at all. However, if the contract isn't worked out.. well I might be playing pretty late into Tuesday morning. This might be the first time I've ever rooted for Beauracy to hold things up even more.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-07-2005 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:08 PM   #571
CraigSca
Pro Starter

BTW - on the Utopia forums they're talking about slowdown issues on the PS2. Super. Typical of these lame-o fan sites, I can't get a gauge for how bad it is. Is it tolerable? Is it horrible? Since the first reviewers didn't mention it, I will assume it's tolerable.

Sigh...
how do you know?

Old 07-07-2005, 11:12 PM   #572
Ragone
Pro Rookie

i remember people complaining about the slowdown last year.. when the only thing you needed to do was change the camera to classic to fix.. which is my preferred camera angle anyway
Old 07-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #573
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
Why (or how) the hell could EA sue the customers who were lucky enough to get the game early?

As for the how, if you pay by credit card or check they could get your information by that. If you pay with cash, you're in the clear.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:49 PM   #574
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I didn't go hunting for the game tonight (and I'm 90% sure that I won't bother since the official release date is near), but I did have some fun with some guys at GameStop tonight. I decided to lie about something and mess with their heads. Check this out.

Me: "Do you have the strategy guide for NCAA 2006 in?" (I have no intention of buying it)
GS Guy: "No, it comes in Monday. Have you preordered the game yet?"
Me: "No, I already have it. A couple of stores broke street date."
GS Guy: "Yeeeeah, EA is suing the stores that sold it early. You were one of the lucky ones, huh?"
Me: "Hehe. Yeah, I guess so."
GS Guy: "You know, they're planning to sue the people who bought the game early, too."
Me: *snorts to withhold laughter* "Thanks."

I immediately ran across the store to my wife and relayed the story to her while I was cracking up. Another GameStop guy was standing behind her when I was talking to her, and I'm sure he heard me, but I'm never going to be in that store again. Was the first guy trying to get me scared or upset because I didn't want to preorder at his store? Why (or how) the hell could EA sue the customers who were lucky enough to get the game early? Of course I don't actually have the game, but when I said I did, this guy tried to spook me. What in the world?

I swear those EB Games/Gamestop guys are from another planet. I don't know, but I get the feeling that when I leave without buying anything their face turns into what Predator looked like in the movie. As soon as someone comes in, it goes back to human like.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:50 PM   #575
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

From Bill Abner's blog:

Quote:
Fun, Fun, Stuff...Mostly

As I continue tooling around with NCAA 2006, I am coming to the following conclusions:
  • I love to use bullet marks!
  • I think NCAA 2006 has the potential to be the best game in this series. Right now that title is held by NCAA 2004 but I had forgotton how many house rules I used for that game to get it to play the way I wanted. I don't see me doing all of that for '06.
  • In season recruiting...I still need to mess with it more but it is very different than in earlier games. Dunno if I like it or not yet. It's just different.
  • Simmed scores are a bit more in line with reality. Fewer 55-50 games. NIU beat Michigan, which was smile-worthy.
  • I am playing as Air Force right now and two things stand out: 1) Running the option is fun and 2) AF SUCKS. I am using my AA slider set and trail San Diego State 21-7 at the half.
  • I love how the CPU looks to its best players. SDSU is throwing almost at will to their #1 WR (dunno his name). He has 7 catches at the half. I love how the CPU can run the ball, too. In this game I had them at 3rd and 8 so I bring in the Nick and they run a draw play. Now, in previous editions of this game and most other games that is a bad call because one of the biggest flaws in every arcade football game ever made is that defensive schemes mean very little, particularly on run plays. Well, on this play I missed my MLB. The draw hole was there and my nickel back was blocked by the TE and the SDSU HB ran for a 70 YD TD. Doh.
  • Crazy Ass Color Scheme Alert! Whoever had the bright idea of using a red color bar and BLUE numbers when reading the stat page of some teams (like AF) should be forced to watch War of the Worlds every night for a week as punishment. Seriously folks it's damn near unreadble. I have to squint to read my stats because Red on Bluedoesn't read too well . Brilliant.
The most important thing right now is that I am having all kinds of fun with the game. The dropped passes on short crossing routes..I still have an issue with this, but it's not as bad as NCAA 05. It's still not right, but it's playable.
Old 07-08-2005, 06:27 AM   #576
Bee
Pro Starter

So I'm thinking about taking a part-time job at a video game store, selling all their copies of the game to friends today and then quitting. Would that make me a bad person?

Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:28 AM   #577
Kodos
Resident Alien

Hmmm. If the Xbox had the dual shock for a controller, it'd be a no-brainer to get this on Xbox. However, EA's games are made with the dual shock in mind. The controller S isn't as bad as the original clunk-o-matic Xbox controller, but I still don't know it like I know the dual shock. Decisions, decisions...

I read where the sim times/load times are much shorter on Xbox, along with somewhat nicer graphics.

Last edited by Kodos : 07-08-2005 at 08:28 AM.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 08:34 AM   #578
A-Husker-4-Life
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I swear those EB Games/Gamestop guys are from another planet. I don't know, but I get the feeling that when I leave without buying anything their face turns into what Predator looked like in the movie. As soon as someone comes in, it goes back to human like.

That's no lie and futher more I dont want a membership to your store so stop asking me everytime I go in..
Old 07-08-2005, 09:15 AM   #579
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Husker-4-Life
That's no lie and futher more I dont want a membership to your store so stop asking me everytime I go in..

I've heard that line a million times... and yes, I am a member.
Old 07-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #580
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

EaglesFan27, I think I'll be heading over to the EBGames on Tchoupitoulas tomorrow to play in the tournament (unless they play on PS2, in which case I'll just watch). Do you know what time it's happening? I preordered at the New Orleans Centre store, and I didn't get a call about anything, so I guess they have nothing planned for Saturday.
Old 07-08-2005, 12:58 PM   #581
Kodos
Resident Alien

Dang. I was doing good about not getting too excited about the new game. Just read the impressions at OS. Now I want the game more, but probably won't have the time to play it much until the baby learns to sleep through the night.
Old 07-08-2005, 01:59 PM   #582
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Tried an out of town Best Buy today - they have "NCAA 2006 - RELEASED JULY 12" plastered all over the place. 4 more days, I guess.
how do you know?

Old 07-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #583
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Tried an out of town Best Buy today - they have "NCAA 2006 - RELEASED JULY 12" plastered all over the place. 4 more days, I guess.

do they have the game out to view on the tv screen and play in the store?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 02:33 PM   #584
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Not at that one - but that's the only one I've been to since my search began . Toys R' Us didn't have it on their console either last night...
how do you know?

Old 07-08-2005, 02:49 PM   #585
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

I hadn't been looking very hard but tried the target and Toys R Us in the area with no luck. I just decided to preorder it from Gamestop. They are doing a midnight release so I'll probably just go pick it up then if nothing else comes up.
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:04 PM   #586
hollmt
High School Varsity

just a few things.

this thread started out as an information thread about what these 2 games would be like, the gameplay, etc. etc. somehow though, it has turned into a bitch session by a few people who quite simply, just dont understand what is going on.

dont remember all the names, and there is no reason to quote, but this isnt the biggest foul up of a release by the publisher and THE STORES. the publisher maybe, as EA decided this year to hold a solid street date on the release of the game where as previous years, they have not. the stores have no control over that, and normally, unless you come across the idiot employeed, do what they are told.

you have to understand that these stores, GameStop, EB, in particular, are getting yanked around by the customers, and the corporate office, and secret shoppers, who are trying their best to catch you in a foul up. we are hassled by corporate to sell, sell, sell, preordere, preorder, preorder out of our asses. we are hassled by the customer (who knows we have the game in the back) to "let me see it", "please let me buy it", "when does it release", "cant you do ME a favor?" etc. etc. trust me...it gets old. for the most part, these employees handle it very well, but yes, some screw up, and some of you customers thrive on that.

for the customer who went and bitched at the Babbages store, which by the way is owned by GameStop, if you would of went in and cursed me or my store out the way you claimed you did, then there is no wonder you were treated the way you were, and most likely will continue to be treated that way.

as for the the poster who complained about joining the membership at GameStop or EB, did it occur to you, they are DOING THEIR JOB? again, corporate is on their asses, management is on their asses to ask questions, sell, preorder, etc. Secret Shoppers have a job, and that is to go in the store and make sure they are doing their job all the time...give them some slack...im sure you have a job to do that can annoy somebody, somewhere.

one more. the poster who lied to the GameStop employee about having the game early...again, we get this all the time, so let it occur to you, that he knew you were making it up, and played along with a stupid threat, just for fun...i would of done the same exact thing...you play me as stupid, ill play you as stupid as well...dont take advantage of people.

i know this as been a post to complain, and im sorry, but it does annoy me a bit, that some of you have done your complaining, yet really dont give a shit as to what is going on behind the scenes...the game will be out soon...and then you can all start complaining about the poor game play...but from what ive heard, and since ive played it in the stores, there shouldnt be too much to complain about...its pretty good...youll be happy.
hollmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:16 PM   #587
Philliesfan980
Banned

hollmt stepping up to the plate!

I agree with you on much of your post BTW. People who are giving these poor employees (who don't hold one ounce of authority) a hard time about a video game really need to grow up and get a life.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:21 PM   #588
Kodos
Resident Alien

BURN 'EM AT THE STAKE!!!!!!
Old 07-08-2005, 04:25 PM   #589
hollmt
High School Varsity

im not trying to be a dick really, but trust me on this. for every idiot employee who doesnt know what he/she is talking about, there are 10 idiot customers who have no damn clue what they are talking about. ive been on both sides, but can respect retail..same as when i worked in restaurants...just give them a break.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:29 PM   #590
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollmt
im not trying to be a dick really, but trust me on this. for every idiot employee who doesnt know what he/she is talking about, there are 10 idiot customers who have no damn clue what they are talking about. ive been on both sides, but can respect retail..same as when i worked in restaurants...just give them a break.

I agree. Upselling is just part of their job. Just like when I was in college and waiting tables, I had to ask the customer if they wanted various upgrades. It was part of my job. The only time I have a problem with upselling from a consumer side is if the seller is annoying or doesn't get the hint that I'm not interested.

Now that your message is out of the way... can you sell me a copy before it hits the street? Just ring it up on the day of the street release, nobody will know.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:33 PM   #591
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Anyone think that EA might start shipping out NCAA to THEIR pre-order customers first and that could be part of what's going on here? If they could guarantee those that ordered the game directly from them to get the game, say, half a week early then everyone would pre-order from EA (paying the same price) then EA would pocket the markup that the retailers would otherwise get and make even MORE money.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:44 PM   #592
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
I agree. Upselling is just part of their job. Just like when I was in college and waiting tables, I had to ask the customer if they wanted various upgrades. It was part of my job. The only time I have a problem with upselling from a consumer side is if the seller is annoying or doesn't get the hint that I'm not interested.

Now that your message is out of the way... can you sell me a copy before it hits the street? Just ring it up on the day of the street release, nobody will know.

ha...you know, youd be amazed because it isnt just customers who want the game early, my employees want the game early, i want the game early...i have already had to threaten termination if an employee checks out the game (we can do that for free for 4 days...sometimes longer) before the street date...its hard as ive had yesterday and today off, and the game arrived yesterday in our stores...but rules are set for a reason.

as to your comment on upselling, you are correct. some employees can over push the selling and dont know when to stop...they are idiots.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:49 PM   #593
hollmt
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsimperless
Anyone think that EA might start shipping out NCAA to THEIR pre-order customers first and that could be part of what's going on here? If they could guarantee those that ordered the game directly from them to get the game, say, half a week early then everyone would pre-order from EA (paying the same price) then EA would pocket the markup that the retailers would otherwise get and make even MORE money.

that could happen yes...but then what is the point of having a street date that EA set just so EA could break it...EA is shady yes, and would look to gain any profit they could. i do however agree with the hint of your post...that there SHOULD be some sort of advantage for pre-ordering games. if the customer puts a deposit or pays in full their game, then i believe they should get it before the rest of the public does...that should be their reward. lots of times, customers will refuse to preorder a game, because they know there will be plenty of games in stock..and in essence their is no real gain from preordering except that YOUR copy is gauranteed for 2 days and nobody else can get it. GameStop and EB used to have the jump on pre releases, for example, last year, we released NCAA a good few days prior to anyone else in the market...but that shit has since stopped, so instead Gamestop just bought EB. soon we will buy EA...or not.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:51 PM   #594
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Quote:
for the customer who went and bitched at the Babbages store, which by the way is owned by GameStop, if you would of went in and cursed me or my store out the way you claimed you did, then there is no wonder you were treated the way you were, and most likely will continue to be treated that way.

Unless I'm completey mistaken the Babbages post was a joke.

And I think for the most part people here agree with you. This is a major screw up by EA. I don't blame the stores at all, but EA must be out of their minds.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:54 PM   #595
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:

No. I ordered from them early last year, overnight, and got it 2 days AFTER street date.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 04:55 PM   #596
hollmt
High School Varsity

it may of very well been a joke, but it was still laced with some truth because he wasnt getting what he wanted...which was the main point of my entire post to begin with. and yes EA is out of their minds, sending out a game to stores 5-10 days prior to its damn street date and most likely giggling about it the entire time.
Old 07-08-2005, 04:58 PM   #597
SackAttack
Head Coach

Re: post #586: I heart hollmt.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2005, 05:06 PM   #598
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
it may of very well been a joke, but it was still laced with some truth because he wasnt getting what he wanted...which was the main point of my entire post to begin with. and yes EA is out of their minds, sending out a game to stores 5-10 days prior to its damn street date and most likely giggling about it the entire time.

Since you run a store, I've always wondered how much you guys pay EA for the games themselves? How much profit do you guys make on a sale?
Old 07-08-2005, 05:08 PM   #599
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Unless I'm completey mistaken the Babbages post was a joke.

And I think for the most part people here agree with you. This is a major screw up by EA. I don't blame the stores at all, but EA must be out of their minds.

I still don't understand this line of thinking. EA has a street date of the 12th. They send product out with enough of a cushion so all retailers will be able to sell it on that date. Some stores, due to their own incompetence, accidentally break the street date.

How is this a "major screw up by EA" and how are they "out of their minds"? It sounds to me like they were just protecting their retailers by not showing preference.
how do you know?

Old 07-08-2005, 05:12 PM   #600
Philliesfan980
Banned

Either way, I hope that this means that the stores will have plenty of items in stock on the release date.