Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #551
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson
Idol is so cought up in that the want to say "After over 35 millions votes" like I diving a flying #!@#!@ about home many people selected there favoriote singer.
Announcing the number of votes is FOX and AI promoting themselves to potential advertisers. It has absolutely nothing to do with impressing you the common viewer.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:35 PM   #552
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
Announcing the number of votes is FOX and AI promoting themselves to potential advertisers. It has absolutely nothing to do with impressing you the common viewer.

Sorry, but thats wrong. Potential advertisers don't care about that number being given out in live boadcasts and I doubt very seriously that they are sitting in front of the TV justing waiting for the number to be read. Advertising is based on demographics that are captured as part of statistical analyse (which is what potential advertisers want to see).
mtolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 01:38 PM   #553
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Yeah that is geared towards saying "Look how many people vote mr. viewer. We are awesome and you should vote."
Old 03-31-2005, 01:53 PM   #554
KevinNU7
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtolson
Sorry, but thats wrong. Potential advertisers don't care about that number being given out in live boadcasts and I doubt very seriously that they are sitting in front of the TV justing waiting for the number to be read. Advertising is based on demographics that are captured as part of statistical analyse (which is what potential advertisers want to see).
So when FOX is haggling their prices with Advertisers you do not think they bring this up? I find that hard to believe.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:27 PM   #555
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinNU7
So when FOX is haggling their prices with Advertisers you do not think they bring this up? I find that hard to believe.

Viewership and votes don't jive. A fan that votes 100 times is no more likely to by a Ford Focus any more than a fan that votes 1 time. The number of votes tells about obsession. In fact, that 12 year that voted 100 times for Mikalah (sp.) is not buying a Ford Focus at all !

The number of votes doesn't do anything for advertisers. The market ratings however do !

Last edited by mtolson : 03-31-2005 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-31-2005, 02:44 PM   #556
cuervo72
Head Coach

Good for whoever is doing the text message voting...
Old 03-31-2005, 03:06 PM   #557
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Speaking of Ford, what was with that commercial last night? It was like those bad hip-hop McDonalds commercials crossed with Crank Yankers crossed with Night of the Living Dead.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 03-31-2005 at 03:06 PM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:23 PM   #558
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup
Speaking of Ford, what was with that commercial last night? It was like those bad hip-hop McDonalds commercials crossed with Crank Yankers crossed with Night of the Living Dead.

Haha.. my first thought was crank yankers as well.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:36 PM   #559
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:

It was flat out awesome. The Bo puppet was pretty sweet.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 03:58 PM   #560
Ksyrup

Ugh.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 03-31-2005, 05:15 PM   #561
TLK
Pro Starter

hxxp://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/0331051_american_idol_scott_1.html

Didn't see this coming, but not too surprising.
TLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 05:29 PM   #562
Joe
Pro Starter

great mug shots
Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:12 PM   #563
Joe
Pro Starter

so i'm hearing that tonight's theme is Broadway Musicals
Old 04-05-2005, 03:17 PM   #564
TLK
Pro Starter

hxxp://www.afterelton.com/TV/2005/3/robinson.html

Not even sure if this is news....
Old 04-05-2005, 03:18 PM   #565
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by George W Bush
so i'm hearing that tonight's theme is Broadway Musicals

UUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #566
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLionKing

Yeah, I thought he looked a little uncomfortable when Simon said he should marry Paula.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:26 PM   #567
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
UUUUUGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!

my thoughts exactly. they must want to give constantine a bit of a push this week.
Old 04-05-2005, 03:35 PM   #568
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:

him being gay isn't news... but why is he looking for someone that has children living with them. thats a little creepy.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:02 PM   #569
sabotai
General Manager

It will be interesting to see what Bo picks. See if he can actually find a good song in all of this....
Old 04-05-2005, 07:08 PM   #570
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai
It will be interesting to see what Bo picks. See if he can actually find a good song in all of this....

I predict "The Circle of Life". Which would make me vomit. But Bo is still my favorite. Maybe he could also do something from like "Hair" or "Jesus Christ Superstar".
Old 04-05-2005, 07:16 PM   #571
TLK
Pro Starter

Paula seems a little loopy again... how does she keep her job?
Old 04-05-2005, 08:03 PM   #572
TLK
Pro Starter

I think Anthony is gone tomorrow. I guessing something like Anthony, Scott and Anwar as the final three. I'm 100% sure, it'll be a guy going home tomorrow....
Old 04-05-2005, 09:09 PM   #573
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

A weaker than normal week, as the contestants were out of their elements. Paula is definitely on some form of cocaine. Not only does she yap endlessly about how much she loved the performance, no matter how many shrill notes were missed, but she insists on talking over Simon's critiques. To the point where he's obviously said "f--- it" and just shuts up as soon as she starts.

So, on to the Solecismic Ratings:

1. Carrie. When I was little I used to watch the Miss America pageant. Yes, I'm old. No one's watched that mess in 20 years. Even if Trump buys the pageant and changes the format so that 20% of the score is how well the contestant, um, services his Trumpness, I don't think he can save the show.

Anyway, back in the old days, Miss America had a talent competition. And most of the ladies sung songs from musicals. With a lot of training, just about anyone can do a decent job singing a carefully selected song from a musical. The key being professional training and a lot of work. The ones who simply couldn't sing twirled a baton or arranged flowers or something.

Carrie sounded like a Miss America contestant. It wasn't emotional, but then again, Carrie is most likely a cyborg. I've never met Mrs. QuikSand, but I'm sure she's a lovely woman and can also sing show tunes. Technically a brilliant performance, as usual. Score of 87.

2. Constantine. As it turns out, Constantine is trained in the art of singing musicals. He's also cloying and simpering, and none of his fans is over the age of 13. So they don't remember Judd Nelson's role in the Breakfast Club. Nelson played a character named Bender who behaved very badly, yet the pre-teen girls just loved him. As it turns out, Bender was killed in a fight at a rave at the age of 42. And he was survived by his wife, 13, and several ex-wives. Constantine's training showed tonight, and he sang very clearly, showed some range. Score of 83.

3. Nadia. I was really expecting Nadia to fall apart in this genre. She did quite well, even glammed up her appearance, which is a piece of advice that several other contestants should have taken this week given the theme. She needs to find her audience, but there's more potential here than meets the eye. Score of 80.

4. Vonzell. She missed a lot of notes, especially early on. But her powerful voice is well suited to the genre, and she's still a very hot chick. So I don't want to see her go. Randy wants to marry her. Paula does, too. Score of 72.

5. Anwar. He missed a lot of notes, too. This would have been a bottom two performance, but a lot of people struggled. You know, given that he's out of the closet, you'd think he'd ace show tunes week. So much for stereotypes. Score of 64.

6. Nikko. Yes, apparently there are show tunes in R&B. Until he convinces me he can sing anything but R&B, I'll hope for his elimination. I thought he didn't do a very good job this time. Score of 62.

7. Anthony. Why is he still here? Apparently, show tunes can be sung as elevator music as well. His voice is decent, but I don't think he understands how to sing. Every week, he gets more annoying. Score of 60.

8. Scott. Well, word is out of the arrest for abusing his ex-fiancee. Not the most serious charge in the world, but it's still bad, still something that will erode his fan base, not that he was doing anything but clinging to his spot in the competition. I think it's a given that he's gone. Especially after a particular rotten performance. Score of 59.

9. Bo. Never would I have thought that Bo could sound like s---. He tried an up-tempo song. It had loud accompanyment. He was trying to hide the fact that he didn't like the song he was doing. It was a train wreck. He's gone from fighting it out with Carrie for first place to mediocre last week to dead last this week. Score of 53.

Anyhow, I'm expecting Scott to go. I'd be equally happy if Nikko, Anwar or Anthony went instead. Hopefully all four of them will go in order the next four weeks.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:14 PM   #574
Easy Mac

I really thought Anthony would be in his element here, but he somehow managed to completely bomb. I'll agree Scott was horrible. I didn't think Bo was the worst of them, but it was definitely a down week. I think you gave Nadia too much respect, she missed a lot of notes, but I can't really complain about the #3 because everyone else was pretty fucking bad. I wasn't really surprised at how well Constantine did... he has a "cool" broadway voice (cool being related to the idealized cool of broadway). Carrie sounded spectacular, I really don't think the judges gave her enough credit. Yes, it was a bad song, but she kicked its ass. Nikko was atrocious as usual, I think he came near a key maybe twice. Vonzell was just there.

Last Night:
Carrie
Constantine

Nadia>>
Vonzell>
Bo>>>>> virtual ties
Anwar>>

Anthony>
Scott>>> virtual ties
Nikko>>>

Overall:
Bo
Carrie
Vonzell
Nadia
Anwar
Constantine
Scott
Nikko
Anthony
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:47 PM   #575
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic
A weaker than normal week, as the contestants were out of their elements. Paula is definitely on some form of cocaine. Not only does she yap endlessly about how much she loved the performance, no matter how many shrill notes were missed, but she insists on talking over Simon's critiques. To the point where he's obviously said "f--- it" and just shuts up as soon as she starts.

1. Carrie. When I was little I used to watch the Miss America pageant. Yes, I'm old. No one's watched that mess in 20 years. Even if Trump buys the pageant and changes the format so that 20% of the score is how well the contestant, um, services his Trumpness, I don't think he can save the show.

Anyway, back in the old days, Miss America had a talent competition. And most of the ladies sung songs from musicals. With a lot of training, just about anyone can do a decent job singing a carefully selected song from a musical. The key being professional training and a lot of work. The ones who simply couldn't sing twirled a baton or arranged flowers or something.

Carrie sounded like a Miss America contestant. It wasn't emotional, but then again, Carrie is most likely a cyborg. I've never met Mrs. QuikSand, but I'm sure she's a lovely woman and can also sing show tunes. Technically a brilliant performance, as usual. Score of 87.

2. Constantine. As it turns out, Constantine is trained in the art of singing musicals. He's also cloying and simpering, and none of his fans is over the age of 13. So they don't remember Judd Nelson's role in the Breakfast Club. Nelson played a character named Bender who behaved very badly, yet the pre-teen girls just loved him. As it turns out, Bender was killed in a fight at a rave at the age of 42. And he was survived by his wife, 13, and several ex-wives. Constantine's training showed tonight, and he sang very clearly, showed some range. Score of 83.

3. Nadia. I was really expecting Nadia to fall apart in this genre. She did quite well, even glammed up her appearance, which is a piece of advice that several other contestants should have taken this week given the theme. She needs to find her audience, but there's more potential here than meets the eye. Score of 80.

4. Vonzell. She missed a lot of notes, especially early on. But her powerful voice is well suited to the genre, and she's still a very hot chick. So I don't want to see her go. Randy wants to marry her. Paula does, too. Score of 72.

5. Anwar. He missed a lot of notes, too. This would have been a bottom two performance, but a lot of people struggled. You know, given that he's out of the closet, you'd think he'd ace show tunes week. So much for stereotypes. Score of 64.

6. Nikko. Yes, apparently there are show tunes in R&B. Until he convinces me he can sing anything but R&B, I'll hope for his elimination. I thought he didn't do a very good job this time. Score of 62.

7. Anthony. Why is he still here? Apparently, show tunes can be sung as elevator music as well. His voice is decent, but I don't think he understands how to sing. Every week, he gets more annoying. Score of 60.

8. Scott. Well, word is out of the arrest for abusing his ex-fiancee. Not the most serious charge in the world, but it's still bad, still something that will erode his fan base, not that he was doing anything but clinging to his spot in the competition. I think it's a given that he's gone. Especially after a particular rotten performance. Score of 59.

9. Bo. Never would I have thought that Bo could sound like s---. He tried an up-tempo song. It had loud accompanyment. He was trying to hide the fact that he didn't like the song he was doing. It was a train wreck. He's gone from fighting it out with Carrie for first place to mediocre last week to dead last this week. Score of 53.

Anyhow, I'm expecting Scott to go. I'd be equally happy if Nikko, Anwar or Anthony went instead. Hopefully all four of them will go in order the next four weeks.

Great post. I agree with the ranking for the most part (I would have switched Bo and Scott at the bottom.) Also, it was very funny.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:23 PM   #576
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm just bummed they didn't do the puppet commercial again.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:32 PM   #577
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecismic

Jim, Jim, Jim ...........

For the first time we don't agree.

Vonzell was on key 99% of the song and showed amazing range. Her low notes were very good. The high note at the end was a little week, but other than that she is my #1.

1. Vonzell - Wow !!!!! Range and power. Has shown the most versatility.
2. Anwar - Showed that he can sing a full song. Great range. Lower register was good (Sorry Jim).
3. Carrie - Has the second best voice but just will not sing a song to show her power. Given a song to show her strengths, she could vault to #1.
4. Constantine - Excellent R&B arraigement really helped him. Voice still is a little week.
5. Nadia - She has good range and did well with the song.
6. Scott - Kind of boring, but has Nikko, Bo and Anthony to thank
7. Nikko - To many riffs, but has Bo and Anthony to thank.
8. Bo - Atleast he admitted his was out of his element. Still has Anthony to thank.
9. Anthony - Didn't even realize he was singing. He sang very low. He only has himself to thank.

Overall

1. Vonzell
2. Carrie
3. Bo
4. Nikko
5. Anwar
6. Scott
7. Nadia
8. Constantine
9. Anthony

This week the bottom three will be: Anthony, Scott, Nadia

Bye Bye Anthony
Old 04-05-2005, 10:48 PM   #578
Schmidty
Coordinator

Modern R & B is to true blues as bling-bling is to modern Rap. I'm not sure that explains what I mean to say, but that's the only thing I can think of. I HATE modern R & B, and I HATE the whole "bling" factor in modern rap.

Bleh.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:55 PM   #579
Schmidty
Coordinator

Dola.

BTW, I just watched Idol (West Coast), and I must say that Jim was totally wrong about Bo. I thought he did great (second only to the cyborg). Everything else was spot-on though.
Old 04-05-2005, 10:57 PM   #580
mtolson
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Modern R & B is to true blues as bling-bling is to modern Rap. I'm not sure that explains what I mean to say, but that's the only thing I can think of. I HATE modern R & B, and I HATE the whole "bling" factor in modern rap.

Bleh.

Huh !!!!

Schmidly, you got to explain that again in different words. I think I feel you but please reiterate. I think you may be referring to Hip-Hop in the context of todays Modern R&B, which I too do not have a high tolerance for. There are some good R&B acts still around, but the days of the bands (except Mint Condition) are pretty much gone.
Old 04-05-2005, 11:48 PM   #581
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Paula seems a little loopy again... how does she keep her job?

That's what she is there for. The other two are record execs. She's the singer.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:50 PM   #582
jbmagic
Pro Starter

"NEW YORK (AP) - "American Idol" finalist Scott Savol was once arrested after a confrontation with his son's mother — but it won't cost the singer his shot at stardom."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...2627680812_12/
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 12:03 AM   #583
ShaqFu
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
"NEW YORK (AP) - "American Idol" finalist Scott Savol was once arrested after a confrontation with his son's mother — but it won't cost the singer his shot at stardom."

http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNew...2627680812_12/

He disclosed this on his application. Previously arrested candidates didn't. That's not to say it won't cost him votes.
ShaqFu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:26 AM   #584
Thomkal
Head Coach

I generally agree with Jim's rankings with Constantine (I can't believe I'm saying this) being my 1st choice and Scott coming in last. But this was generally a miserable week for performances, the second down week in a row.

I think Scott goes this week based on his domestic violence past. I think it would have taken the best performance ever in AI history to save him after that, and he didn't come close. I'm torn about Anthony this week. He sounded awkward as usual, but I appreciate that he put a modern twist on Climb Every Mountain, a song I dislike, and I actually liked it better than the original. I appreciated that Nikko and Constantine also "modernized" their song.

The person I'm really worried about this week is Bo. He's done a great job of picking songs in the past, and admitting that he just closed his eyes and pointed at a song was just colossaly stupid. We've seen one bad performance take out an otherwise good singer (Tamyra Gray), and I'm worried this could happen to Bo this week. Probably has enough of a fan club after previous performances, but wouldn't surprise me to see him in the Bottom 3 this week. Surely he could have taken the time to find a more popular song than the one he picked at random.

I would have liked to have seen more modern musicals (like Cats or Phantom of the Opera), but sounds like they had to choose from older ones.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:45 AM   #585
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

I think it will be Scott and Anthony at the bottom. I haven't heard Anthony sound good once throughout the entire competition. Scott on the other hand, I haven't seen look "non-high" throughout the competition. If I had to say who was going, it would definitely be Anthony "No relations to Sergei" Federov.

When they said it was Musical night, I automatically thought that Constantine (who seems to be 9 foot 8) and Bo would do horribly. I think Bo may be in the bottom 3 but definitely not going home. I think it will be interesting when the pick an R&B night how they will do as well.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 06:49 AM   #586
Ksyrup

I agree with Schmidty on the modern R&B thing (not that I really understand the nuances between old-school rap and modern rap, but still, I know what he's saying...). That must explain why I can't stand Nikko...besides the fact that the guy continues to be out of tune. Once again, Simon nailed it - most of the guys are singing horribly for 1:50, then hitting a crowd-pleasing big note for the last 10 seconds and thinking they did well. Some of us (the minority, apparently) actually remember the first 95% of the song. Not good.

I thought Bo did fairly well, given his style and the crap he had to pick from. I was hoping someone, somewhere had done an obscure musical about Lynard Skynard, which would have given him an out, but I guess not. I was also hoping, for QS' sake (although I doubt he watches), that Bo would pick a Billy Joel song from the Movin' Out (I think that's the name) musical.

Anthony was the clear loser tonight, with Scott continuing to give blah/poor performances. And although Anwar sung well last night, he continues to pull out songs only my grandparents would get into (and they've all been gone since 1988).

Paula...I don't know what in the hell has gotten into her. She's always been Ms. Positive, the cheerleader of the group, but the last few weeks, she's ratcheted up the BS to the point where she's not even remotely useful. She should be backstage giving those kinds of speeches privately, not on national TV telling Scott his performance was incredible, when it clearly was not. "Good" would have been an overstatement in Scott's case, let alone what she said. And the bad thing is, her comments are blowing any chance for Simon to be entertaining as well. He either has too little time to say anything after she's done gushing about a tepid performance, or he has to go completely opposite of her and 100% slam the person just to give Paula's comments some perspective, when in some cases, I don't think Simon really thought the person did that poorly. But because of Paula, he has to take the exact opposite extreme position. It's basically becoming Crossfire. And Randy isn't funny enough to be John Stewart.
Old 04-06-2005, 06:52 AM   #587
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottimd
When they said it was Musical night, I automatically thought that Constantine (who seems to be 9 foot 8) and Bo would do horribly. I think Bo may be in the bottom 3 but definitely not going home. I think it will be interesting when the pick an R&B night how they will do as well.

The truth is out about Constantine - and really, it has been for a couple of weeks. He's a performer who likes hard rock. He's not a "rocker." The guy's done musicals before, so this was actually a pretty good category for him. And now that the judges are telling him to embrace that side, I don't think you'll see the Bo vs. Constantine rock-off that they've been touting for months now.

How tall is he, anyway? He makes Seacrest look like a munchkin (which he is, in the non-physical sense).
Old 04-06-2005, 12:37 PM   #588
Joe
Pro Starter

Quote:
The truth is out about Constantine - and really, it has been for a couple of weeks. He's a performer who likes hard rock. He's not a "rocker." The guy's done musicals before, so this was actually a pretty good category for him. And now that the judges are telling him to embrace that side, I don't think you'll see the Bo vs. Constantine rock-off that they've been touting for months now.

How tall is he, anyway? He makes Seacrest look like a munchkin (which he is, in the non-physical sense).

he's said to be 6'3"
Old 04-06-2005, 12:41 PM   #589
gottimd
Dearly Missed
(9/25/77-12/23/08)

Quote:
he's said to be 6'3"
not 9'8"? I was way off.
In memory of Gavin Anthony: 7/22/08-7/26/08
gottimd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:11 PM   #590
Joe
Pro Starter

wow... Fantasia is still horrible. how the fuck did she win?
Old 04-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #591
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I can't believe Scott avoided elimination.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:34 PM   #592
Cuckoo
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

Agreed. Although I'm not real sorry to see Nikko go. I'm one of the ones who has not thought he gets better each week. I thought he did the same exact thing each and every week, and I wasn't impressed. When it got down to Scott and Nikko, I didn't really care which one got eliminated.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #593
TLK
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
I don't mind Scott staying, but I wish it was at the expense of Anthony....
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #594
Schmidty
Coordinator

I liked Fantasia last season. Haven't seen her this year (west coast), but I suspect that I'll like her now too.

She was different and had great control and emotion. I'm sure a lot of people dislike her because she isn't:

A) A good looking white woman (with nice tits).

B) Is Non- non-threatening (she's lived life and has some soul to her).

C) Has a voice that has character and is non-robotic (Like Carrie and every other recent R & B star).

Last edited by Schmidty : 04-06-2005 at 08:36 PM.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #595
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
I liked Fantasia last season. Haven't seen her this year (west coast), but I suspect that I'll like her now too.

She was different and had great control and emotion. I'm sure a lot of people dislike her because she isn't:

A) A good looking white woman (with nice tits).

B) Is Non- non-threatening (she's lived life and has some soul to her).

C) Has a voice that has character and is non-robotic (Like Carrie and every other recent R & B star).

I'm sure a lot of people dislike her because she:

A) Sounds like a wounded raccoon when singing sometimes.

B) Looks like she is singing while trying to keep her balance in a rowboat.

C) Sounds like a charging rhinoceros when singing the rest of the time.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:47 PM   #596
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

Pretty much sums it up for me except I disagree with #1. To me, she sounds more like a cat being slowly tortured than a wounded racoon. But that's just my opinion.
Old 04-06-2005, 09:05 PM   #597
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Geezzz... I thought Scott was toast.

I can't believe Scott and/or Anthony is still around.

Todd
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:23 PM   #598
Easy Mac

Is it sad that there is a good possibility this thread may end up with more posts than the last hockey thread?
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:27 PM   #599
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman

No doubt, I concur. Want to leave the room when she is on.
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:34 PM   #600
FBPro
College Starter

Quote:
wow... Fantasia is still horrible. how the fuck did she win?
Hehe, yep......agreed. On a different note, HOW was Vonzell in the bottom 3? She did an unreal job last night and has the last few weeks. What are they listening to?
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote