Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-17-2007, 09:12 AM   #551
Kodos
Resident Alien

I'm gonna try to go fetch mine at lunch. Stupid GameStop still hasn't called me...
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:59 AM   #552
Logan
Head Coach

I'm just looking forward to more potential opponents on XBL. It took me like 5 minutes to find someone to play against last night.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:10 AM   #553
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Sorry, MJ4H, I don't have a dynasty ready for you yet. I just kinda screwed around a bit in my first hour of play. The serious stuff doesn't start until tonight.

While I was messing around with the game, I played a quarter of Memphis vs. Southern Miss, and I set the weather to rain. The game seemed quite a bit choppy, to be honest. I don't know if that had anything to do with the rain effects on the screen or if it's actually a problem with my 360. I'm planning to play a lot tonight, so I'll try rain again and see how it goes. The choppiness I experienced last night wasn't enough to make me dislike the game, but I was a little disappointed.
Old 07-17-2007, 10:14 AM   #554
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm just looking forward to more potential opponents on XBL. It took me like 5 minutes to find someone to play against last night.

+1

I'm looking forward to this as well. I'm gonna bite the bullet and change my Xbox Live name from MoneyG to cartman-FOFC, since most of the folks on my list are from here.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 10:57 AM   #555
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Sorry, MJ4H, I don't have a dynasty ready for you yet. I just kinda screwed around a bit in my first hour of play. The serious stuff doesn't start until tonight.

While I was messing around with the game, I played a quarter of Memphis vs. Southern Miss, and I set the weather to rain. The game seemed quite a bit choppy, to be honest. I don't know if that had anything to do with the rain effects on the screen or if it's actually a problem with my 360. I'm planning to play a lot tonight, so I'll try rain again and see how it goes. The choppiness I experienced last night wasn't enough to make me dislike the game, but I was a little disappointed.

Just played an exhibition with CU vs. CSU in the rain. (set to high) and saw no lag or slowdown at all. Simming through a season for kicks. Then I'll start my slow sim through 4 years to get all fake names.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:04 AM   #556
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Just played an exhibition with CU vs. CSU in the rain. (set to high) and saw no lag or slowdown at all.
I'm not surprised. I really think that there's some type of mechanical problem with my 360, but I don't know for sure.
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM   #557
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
I'm not surprised. I really think that there's some type of mechanical problem with my 360, but I don't know for sure.

Get that shit fixed before the headset gets to your house and Pumpy Talk begins!
Old 07-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #558
RedKingGold
College Starter

Picked it up at Best Buy today. Only three more hours of work to go.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM   #559
TroyF
Coordinator

Simmed through the season. Hart won the Heisman. About 1800 yards and 20 TD's I think.

Nobody finish undefeated. LSU, USC, Michigan, Nebraska, Virginia Tech, West Virginia won confernces.

West Virginia and Virginia Tech played in the championship game. West Virginia won the game and took the title.

Other BCS games were - USC/Michigan, LSU/Ohio St., Nebraska/Florida St.

I think I'm missing one, but those were the big matchups.

I think I'm going to have to play a game just so I can get some highlights and pictures on my mural.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:20 PM   #560
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

My brother says he wants to get it. Otherwise, I'll be waiting at least a week.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:50 PM   #561
Phototropic
Mascot

I find myself taking videos of all the nice little incomplete passes, but that might be because I haven't scored a TD yet.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:53 PM   #562
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

anyone figure out how to medical redshirt yet? My starting QB went down for 9 weeks in the first game of the season .. seems like I should be able to redshirt him at that point.
Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 PM   #563
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mh2365 View Post
anyone figure out how to medical redshirt yet? My starting QB went down for 9 weeks in the first game of the season .. seems like I should be able to redshirt him at that point.

What version are you playing on?
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:59 PM   #564
Sublime 2
College Benchwarmer

Bought the last one at Wal-Mart this morning, and counting down till 4pm so I can play alllllllll night!
Sublime 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:06 PM   #565
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Ya know, this isn't going to have a huge impact on the game. I think once I get used to it, I'll be ok.

But WTF EA? Of all the things to change, they change something that was never broke? It's simple, tap for a lob, hold for a bullet. . . it has never been a difficult thing to grasp.

Strange, strage, strange freakin decision.

Been playing for a few days now and I'm still not used to this. It took me awhile to have it locked into my brain that sprinting is done from the back R button, but I am still not flicking up on the stick to lob it. It's a bullet everytime. I need some sort of therapy to control this.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:22 PM   #566
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

This is hardly scientific by any stretch, but it's somewhat interesting to see the number of replies to the OS "Impressions/Questions" threads for each console:

360 - 2094
PS3 - 184
PS2 - 132
XBox - 8
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:27 PM   #567
Kodos
Resident Alien

The 360 is where it's at, yo!
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #568
Emiliano
College Prospect

It turned out that my online store could actually pick up a copy of the game (Xbox version) just for me, and send it here with the FedEx 2-days shipping. Well, even without the supersim, I decided to get the 2008 version. It costed me only 40 € (I payed the US price of 39.95+shipping), and I wouldn't have played 2007 anyway. Plus, I realized I haven't actually bought a single game for my Xbox in more than a year... Yeah I know, I'm weak.

Ksyrup, what you're going to do? I saw your post on OS...
Old 07-17-2007, 01:31 PM   #569
spleen1015
Coordinator

That's really not that surprising.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:38 PM   #570
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
What version are you playing on?

Old 07-17-2007, 01:41 PM   #571
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
It turned out that my online store could actually pick up a copy of the game (Xbox version) just for me, and send it here with the FedEx 2-days shipping. Well, even without the supersim, I decided to get the 2008 version. It costed me only 40 € (I payed the US price of 39.95+shipping), and I wouldn't have played 2007 anyway. Plus, I realized I haven't actually bought a single game for my Xbox in more than a year... Yeah I know, I'm weak.

Ksyrup, what you're going to do? I saw your post on OS...

At the very least, I'm going to wait until the weekend. If I buy at BB, I'll get $5 off, which isn't a huge deal but since I am going to wait anyway, why not save a little money. However, I'm also thinking about firing up 2007 again and seeing if I can get back into that game with a new dynasty. If so, I may just stick with 2007. I didn't even get that game until Christmas last year, so I've really only played one dynasty and had a lot of fun with it. Not to mention, this was my first arcade football game in well over 15 years, so my standards are probably a lot lower than most people's. Then I could use the money I didn't spend on 2008 to buy GH 80s next week.

In fact, I might have just talked myself out of purchasing 2008.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-17-2007 at 01:42 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:48 PM   #572
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

I'm 90% sure that medical redshirt is one of the current features that didn't make it into the next gen versions. That and QB evade were the two biggest features that were exlcusive to the PS2/Xbox versions.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-17-2007 at 01:58 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:49 PM   #573
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

WTF?!?
Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 PM   #574
Ksyrup

Post whore.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #575
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
WTF?!?

Your stuttering problem is way out of control. You need to seek help immediately.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #576
Ksyrup

Quote:
I'm 1260% sure that medical redshirt is one of the current features that didn't make it into the next gen version.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 PM   #577
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm deleting them. Not sure how that happened.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:56 PM   #578
spleen1015
Coordinator

You'll catch Jebs in no time!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:08 PM   #579
sabotai
General Manager

I am not happy, but very not surprised, that the United State Postal Service could not deliver a package no more than two dozen miles within a single day (while UPS can get it to me from 500 miles away in a day - without "next day" or "2 day" shipping). Wonder what I have to do to make sure Amazon stops using the USPS for my orders. They always take forever to deliver something to me.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 02:11 PM   #580
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I am not happy, but very not surprised, that the United State Postal Service could not deliver a package no more than two dozen miles within a single day (while UPS can get it to me from 500 miles away in a day - without "next day" or "2 day" shipping). Wonder what I have to do to make sure Amazon stops using the USPS for my orders. They always take forever to deliver something to me.

If I want something on release day, I never order online. I always pre-order at a local store.
Old 07-17-2007, 02:42 PM   #581
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
If I want something on release day, I never order online. I always pre-order at a local store.

When I pre-ordered, I didn't think I'd get it on release day. I generally don't really care if I do. But I saw it was shipped from Philly, a city I can see from my house, Monday morning so I figured I would probably get it today and got my hopes up.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:03 PM   #582
dfisher
High School JV

Apparantly impact players still never get tired on the PS2. Just played against West Virginia online; he would just do the ole run the quarterback all over the field routine. Stop and throw from 20 yards behind the line of scrimmage across his body right on target. ALL GAME! My Dline was exhausted; his QB was ready as ever the next play. Guess I'm never playing against West Virginia again.
dfisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 03:15 PM   #583
Ksyrup

That probably explains why WVU won the title in Troy's sim.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:26 PM   #584
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
That probably explains why WVU won the title in Troy's sim.

I don't know about in simmed games, but by all accounts fatigue is very well done in played out games on the 360 and PS3.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:27 PM   #585
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

How many minutes per quarter are people playing? In the one quarter I played last night, I had it set to 9 minutes per quarter, and it seemed like an awful lot of plays were being run, but that could've just been perception.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:29 PM   #586
Ksyrup

Quote:
I don't know about in simmed games, but by all accounts fatigue is very well done in played out games on the 360 and PS3.

Ah yeah, I just noticed he said PS2. That's funny because the only game I lost in 5 or 6 years with Eastern Michigan was to WVU.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-17-2007 at 03:30 PM.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:30 PM   #587
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I plan on going with 8 my first game and going up to 9 if needed, but I've heard of people using anywhere between 7 and 10 get a realistic number of plays, depending upon how quickly they select plays. Only 1 more hour of work to go.
Old 07-17-2007, 03:40 PM   #588
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Dola -

From reports that I've read in both Campus Legend and dynasty games, Super Sim produces a high number of snaps if the minutes are too high. People are using 5 minute quarters for CL games and that is what I plan on trying in a test career. Also, if you plan on using Super Sim quite a bit to finish games, you might want to trend towards 6 or 7 minute quarters.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:40 PM   #589
Ironhead
College Prospect

Right now I think I am going to do a dynasty with Colorado State. There is some decent competition in the MWC. I also wanted to avoid being a team in California, Texas or Florida because I think it might make recruiting a tad too easy. I am going to go through and name all of the teams in the MWC, and then whenever I play a team outside of the conference I will just name them before I play them. That should get me started into a dynasty quicker.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #590
Phototropic
Mascot

Does anyone have a good resource for roster names? I've been using Rivals and ESPN but am still having trouble with a few guys.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:48 PM   #591
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phototropic View Post
Does anyone have a good resource for roster names? I've been using Rivals and ESPN but am still having trouble with a few guys.

Actual team websites are pretty helpful as well. Biggest issue is for incoming freshmen. Whenever I have a true freshman on the team I try and find the teams recruiting class by doing a search on Google.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-17-2007 at 05:49 PM.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 05:53 PM   #592
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Actual team websites are pretty helpful as well. Biggest issue is for incoming freshmen. Whenever I have a true freshman on the team I try and find the teams recruiting class by doing a search on Google.
Thanks. Marshall needs to get their site updated.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:24 PM   #593
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Well, I'm about ready to play. I just need to decide whether I want to wait for rosters from Fairdale Kings or if iI just want to auto-name rosters and go from there. I'll think about it for a little while.
Old 07-17-2007, 06:31 PM   #594
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm just starting playing now. I'm just going to mess around with exhibition games and maybe the beginning of a CL career tonight. FK has repeated that he will have rosters ready by "late tonight or more realistically Weds."
Old 07-17-2007, 06:36 PM   #595
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I'm about ready to play. I just need to decide whether I want to wait for rosters from Fairdale Kings or if iI just want to auto-name rosters and go from there. I'll think about it for a little while.

Just auto name. The Fairdale King's rosters going to change names in 4 years anyway.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 06:38 PM   #596
mh2365
H.S. Freshman Team

fkrosters.com seems to be down, everytime I try to go there it states "This account has been suspended"

Anyone else seeing that?

Also can't get on the board at psxsports.com

both sites are probably getting flooded

Last edited by mh2365 : 07-17-2007 at 06:39 PM.
mh2365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:15 PM   #597
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
fkrosters.com seems to be down, everytime I try to go there it states "This account has been suspended"

Anyone else seeing that?

Also can't get on the board at psxsports.com

both sites are probably getting flooded
FK's site probably just exceeded its allotted bandwidth. It should be back up and running soon, I would think.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:25 PM   #598
TroyF
Coordinator

Recruiting is fun, but REALLY tedious. Much more so than in past years. It's going to take me forever to get through the five years worth of sims to play. Yuk.
Old 07-17-2007, 07:36 PM   #599
Izulde
Head Coach

I started a campus legend dynasty and true to form, Park High is relying on their power running game against Oak Creek in the first round of the WIAA Division 1 playoffs.

In fact the starting RB had 63 yards in the 1st quarter alone.

Only problem? I'm the QB.

I'm doing okay, hitting some missing some, but Drew Williams is clearly the star of this Panthers team.

We're up 14-0 late in the second when the old ball coach decides to give me a few touches. Incompletion, followed by a big-time sack that has us at 3rd and long.

Coach calls for a HB Draw, figuring we can fake out the defense.

I call bullshit. Williams is great, but he's not -that- great.

So I audible out into a cross pattern. The Knights' DBs are caught offguard, but recover quickly on the jump.

I see a small opening for our FB and throw it to him. He catches it and then proceeds to show off his own athletic skills by splitting the two DBs on him and racing all the way down the sideline from our 25 where he first caught the pass, down, down down and into the end zone!

82 yard pass TD reception!

We're up 21-0 at half and suddenly I'm looking like a genius for my audible call and read of the defense.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Last edited by Izulde : 07-17-2007 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Edit: Turned out to be our FB when I looked at the replay :D
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:48 PM   #600
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Does anyone know if the rosters are up? I know the page is down but I am wondering if there is any confirmation they're up?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote