Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #551
pennywisesb
College Benchwarmer

I think this is self explanatory: Vote Blade

I read the fleet of foot action as being able to use it once per day. Its not just a one time feature as far as I can tell.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #552
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
On another note, does anyone find it odd or ironic or something that Vince voted for (accidentally at first) both of the two people who later would be the controversial discussions of today before the controversy happened?

I think my head is running a bit too suspicious right now. Now I'm wondering about Vince being a pirate getting an early vote in on a fellow pirate for later "proof of being good" and not sure which pirate to choose. Now I want to feel that Vince, Penny, Blade, Raiders are all pirates together. I think I'm getting a little ahead of myself now

Lets focus on just blade for now and take it from there. Time for me to get a drink, back later!
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #553
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

After quickly catching up on 5 pages of posts, I just wanted to say that I did not mention where I went because at the time people weren't posting where they went. I went to the jungle in the NW. I figured with my questions about the mountains that I should stay away from them in case a pirate decided to follow.

With Blade acting weirder than usual.

VOTE BLADE

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:45 PM   #554
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I hope you live long and prosper in this game if only to continue to provide the vote totals Unless, of course, you are playing a sneaky pirate game.

When I get home tonight I'll begin work on an initial trust list. I think it is going to be pretty hard to build this over the next couple of days because the pirate kill can rotate but if we are able to get role reveals then we can start to use voting records as part of the trust building process.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #555
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Thanks for the vote count. I'm comfortable keeping my vote on Schmidty since the person I thought needed to go to jail, blade, appears to be headed that way.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #556
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
But this argument does not make Blade the pirate killer.

I don't understand Blade right now, but I want him on my side. Since he is behaving erratic (even by Blade standards) I think we jail him and then pay for the reveal. As mentioned earlier, we can then determine the relative value of paying for his return to the fold.

To the best of our knowledge, men do not die in jail. So his morbid messages about sending post-game PMs to Raiders don't wash with me either.

Blade is always suspicious of me - every game - so telling people to watch me closely doesn't bother me in the least. If you are a treasure hunter please watch me dig. If you are a pirate please watch me hide.

I'd like to think he is also. But what keeps running through my head is that if someone else had been caught in a similar type of lie, Blade would be the first one yelling "Wolfie Wolfington from Wolftown, USA!"
Old 02-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #557
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, don't let me catch you with grog as your drink of choice ...

I'm definitely trying to work through scenarios right now if Blade is a pirate but I keep reminding myself that it doesn't make sense to go too far down that path quite yet. If he is a pirate then we should learn that quickly enough and then start constructing scenarios with better information.

Here is a question that I think could yield some interesting information:

Blade, Raiders - if you end up jailed tonight, who would you like to have as the treasure hunter to work with the police to validate your role?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #558
Vince
Pro Starter

Ok, final thought before I'm out for good -- whoever pays for the role-reveal is getting the information in a PM. Therefore, whoever does this is going to be inherently under suspicion anyways, since we can't corroborate the fact, and there really aren't any groups of trust out there. Also, it sounds like no one has enough gold to take it upon themselves to do this...how are we going to coordinate a role reveal and keep the revealer safe? Assume that the threat of having the person watched will keep the Pirates away from someone who has a decent amount of gold (for this early in the game, anyways)?
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #559
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
Ok, final thought before I'm out for good -- whoever pays for the role-reveal is getting the information in a PM. Therefore, whoever does this is going to be inherently under suspicion anyways, since we can't corroborate the fact, and there really aren't any groups of trust out there. Also, it sounds like no one has enough gold to take it upon themselves to do this...how are we going to coordinate a role reveal and keep the revealer safe? Assume that the threat of having the person watched will keep the Pirates away from someone who has a decent amount of gold (for this early in the game, anyways)?
We need to use Mike's messaging service to do this somewhat safely.

Player A tells player B he will give him x amount of gold.
Player B tells player C to watch him move to C4

Of course, how do we get 3 people who have the GP to make this happen is another story.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #560
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

It seems to me that it'd be the best role for the paranoid TH, since they know they're being watched and automatically hide after the first follow (if I understand correctly). Does that make sense?

But let me stress -- I don't think we need any more role reveals at this point. We're making it easy enough for the pirates as it is.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:56 PM   #561
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
We need to use Mike's messaging service to do this somewhat safely.

Player A tells player B he will give him x amount of gold.
Player B tells player C to watch him move to C4

Of course, how do we get 3 people who have the GP to make this happen is another story.

This works better than my above post. Never mind.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:59 PM   #562
Poli
FOFC Survivor

This vote is essentially useless, and has been on Schmidty long enough.

Unvote Schmidty
Old 02-22-2006, 05:00 PM   #563
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Don't we bribe/pay cops for stuff in the evening time when its safe? The person doing it would I assume get the PM by morning cycle and be able to state anything before they could possibly get killed.

At least I assumed the cop payments happened in the same turn buying everything else in town did?
Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #564
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Don't we bribe/pay cops for stuff in the evening time when its safe? The person doing it would I assume get the PM by morning cycle and be able to state anything before they could possibly get killed.

At least I assumed the cop payments happened in the same turn buying everything else in town did?
I assumed that all services had to be done in the morning.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #565
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I assumed that all services had to be done in the morning.

Time for me to reread the rules for the 73rd time!
Old 02-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #566
Poli
FOFC Survivor

You and me both.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:07 PM   #567
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

ok, dont see anything in the rules for when it is, but I need to run for real now. I'll be back later. Right now I have the vote total as: Blade 8, Raiders 3, King 1.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:08 PM   #568
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Ill be back late tonight, jail away...but it looks like we have a set of wolves developing against myself(and raiders...odd the same people called him out)....So when i die clean, go after people like hoops, kwhit, and path....and as of now i am really starting to trust alan and king....dont make a mistake, best of luck in the rest of the game. Toss me a PM when you die raiders, we can vent together
I'm not voting for you. What I don't understand is that if Blade is a pirate, then why would he back off of me when the heat was coming my way? His actions don't indicate that he's a bad guy.

If I were a pirate, I would've pushed hard for myself, and now it seems, Blade.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:10 PM   #569
Raiders Army
Coordinator

VOTE QWIKSHOT

Both he and Vince began the Blade vote, unvoted, voted me. They're suspicious in my mind.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:13 PM   #570
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiders Army
VOTE QWIKSHOT

Both he and Vince began the Blade vote, unvoted, voted me. They're suspicious in my mind.

You are so goin' down pirate...you and sporkhead in the same vicinity as deadboy...you guilty and you goin' down.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:14 PM   #571
Poli
FOFC Survivor

hmmm
Old 02-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #572
hoopsguy
General Manager

The buy action is listed with the other actions and indicates that you need to be in the proper location to use it. So it sounds like a daytime action to me.

Votes and auctions are night actions. We don't have any movement points at night, so I don't see how we could visit other squares. And I'm not sure that a bank would be open.

But only Barkeep knows how business runs on Blahoop.

Raiders, there was plenty of time to come back around on you later if you are playing the role of a pirate. The pirates have the luxury of sitting back if one of their own is not at risk. I don't know if Blade is or is not a pirate.

I'm open for other candidates, but I would want to have some basis for voting for them. If you have any reason to believe the story that Blade is putting out there I would like to hear it.

Remember, the person who gets the most votes today is not going to die. And there is a strong chance they will be back in the game if they are verified as a treasure hunter.

In the event that Blade is revealed to be a pirate, I'll be looking harder at the back half of the people voting for him than the front half. Assuming that it turns out to be a one-sided vote and not a close vote. If it is a close vote then the swing voters get more trust because of the pivotal nature of their votes.

I feel like we have more to work with on Day 1 (OK, this is Night 1) than we have had in quite some time.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #573
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Very true hoops. I can't help but think that Blade is a good guy because he was one of the first to believe me. If he were a pirate, then why would he believe me so easily?

Also I admit I have some of last game still in me, so I have a tendency to believe him, and it may be the same with him as well.

Qwik, on the other hand, didn't seem to want to accept the fact that I'm a treasure hunter. That leads me to believe that he's a pirate.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:39 PM   #574
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Very true hoops. I can't help but think that Blade is a good guy because he was one of the first to believe me. If he were a pirate, then why would he believe me so easily?

Also I admit I have some of last game still in me, so I have a tendency to believe him, and it may be the same with him as well.

Qwik, on the other hand, didn't seem to want to accept the fact that I'm a treasure hunter. That leads me to believe that he's a pirate.

Eh, Did I not unvote you? Wasn't my initial vote for Blade? Did I not catch you in a lie, several times, which brought forth distrust? Yea, you lash back and vote for me...ME, as a pirate...laughable...I wasn't near deadboy, I vouched for those greenhorns near me, I cannot vouch for you...then you go spillin beans, revealing your true job, yet you didn't witness deadboy or sporkman or the /third/ man.

Voting for me, just shows that you lack the capacity to figure things out, you 're off the hook fer now cos Sporkman is kooky and acting funnier than he usually was...

Y'u coulda voted for anyone, but you hit me, because I was the one to speak up, catch you in lies...ain't no one dead near me boy...pick yer poison, feel free to pick me if you like, but shows desperation, I can smell it...on y'u an sporky...
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-22-2006, 05:47 PM   #575
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot
Did I not catch you in a lie, several times, which brought forth distrust?
When did I lie? You're lying that I lied. I have not lied in this game whatsoever.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:50 PM   #576
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
When did I lie? You're lying that I lied. I have not lied in this game whatsoever.

That you used roads m'boy...you also stated the way you went, but then you said that Bar sent you diagonally...that's two, I'll check back and see if there are a few more...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:08 PM   #577
Desnudo
Coordinator

Which one is sporkboy again? Although I like the idea of butterknife in jail, I think you may have the perfect cover for a pirate, old man.

Has anyone else done the math that we can find out everyone's role for ~60 GP (4 GP * 15)? Other things equal, of course. The price will probably be much lower in the end. The only difficulty is establishing the trust in someone to be responsible for doing the viewing.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #578
Blade6119
Coordinator

Id reccomend you guys give the gold to king, i think he is quite trustworthy...or raiders, i believe him about his role. I can reccomend not giving it to hoops or path...and im off to dinner etc...anyone else need anything before you jail me? And he died in C6, not B6...but what do i know
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:13 PM   #579
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Which one is sporkboy again? Although I like the idea of butterknife in jail, I think you may have the perfect cover for a pirate, old man.

Has anyone else done the math that we can find out everyone's role for ~60 GP (4 GP * 15)? Other things equal, of course. The price will probably be much lower in the end. The only difficulty is establishing the trust in someone to be responsible for doing the viewing.

fine...be more than happy to donate to the figure out who's who fund...ain't no pirate...just a lot of stupids round these parts...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #580
Desnudo
Coordinator

Two things I think I think:

1. RA is clear. Why? Because if I were the real investigator I woud come forward at this point and nail him and path. Giving yourself up for one pirate is not worth it, but two at one time? Definitely.

2. I think we need to agree on a way to establish trust groups.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:15 PM   #581
Desnudo
Coordinator

Only hole in #1 is if Sndvls was the real investigator.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:16 PM   #582
Blade6119
Coordinator

Oh, i havent missed a vote in a long time, so as most likely my final act as a talented long distance runner

VOTE VINCE

With nods to hoops and kwhit, he was my vote this morning, he pushed raiders and i to reveal our roles, and then backed off a bit more then others...
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:18 PM   #583
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'd be happy to contribute to the cause to find out who's who.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #584
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Only hole in #1 is if Sndvls was the real investigator.

Well...why would the investigator reveal himself if he can be utilized later? And sporky seems to be playing the martyr card rather thick...but if you wanna vote me, go ahead...been in the brig b'fore for drunkeness...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:32 PM   #585
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
That you used roads m'boy...you also stated the way you went, but then you said that Bar sent you diagonally...that's two, I'll check back and see if there are a few more...
Why are you talking like a pirate?

Anyhow, I never lied. What I said was what I believed to be true...and how is that two lies?
Old 02-22-2006, 06:34 PM   #586
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Well...why would the investigator reveal himself if he can be utilized later? And sporky seems to be playing the martyr card rather thick...but if you wanna vote me, go ahead...been in the brig b'fore for drunkeness...
I already told you why I revealed myself. I seem to be repeating myself to you, so I'm almost out of patience talking to you. If you're going to come up with arguments, at least counter the statements I make instead of patently ignoring them.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #587
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Two things I think I think:

1. RA is clear. Why? Because if I were the real investigator I woud come forward at this point and nail him and path. Giving yourself up for one pirate is not worth it, but two at one time? Definitely.

2. I think we need to agree on a way to establish trust groups.

Um....just to clear up point 1, I believe you mean Penny, not path. I've already got Blade pointing at me since pointing out his lies......including the one that I was pushing on Raiders. Blade, if you go back you'll see that I never voted for or said anything other than I was going to wait and see on Raiders. But you go right ahead and continue to spout bullshit.......at least I know I went in the opposite way of you and Sun this morning.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #588
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
I already told you why I revealed myself. I seem to be repeating myself to you, so I'm almost out of patience talking to you. If you're going to come up with arguments, at least counter the statements I make instead of patently ignoring them.

Ignore them then...I could care less...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #589
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I'd be up for this also.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:42 PM   #590
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:

You revealed yourself after getting so mixed up that you had to, it still doesn't prove that you are who you say you are, and you basically wasted it anyway without ever making use of your skills if it is who you say you are...dead or alive you live another day out of the brig, make the most of it...attacking me ain't gonna help. Why don't you put yer'self to good use and find a real pirate over one that supposidly talks like a pirate, you must be an expert in pirate speak...
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #591
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:

Because we can catch two pirates on day/night/whatever this is one? RA and Penny (sorry Path). That would nearly guarantee a win for the THs. You'd be silly not to reveal yourself.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #592
Desnudo
Coordinator

If you meant RA, I have no idea.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:00 PM   #593
Desnudo
Coordinator

Ok

Vote Raiders Army

I think a confirmation here would help a lot towards building a trust group.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:03 PM   #594
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because we can catch two pirates on day/night/whatever this is one? RA and Penny (sorry Path). That would nearly guarantee a win for the THs. You'd be silly not to reveal yourself.

Blade is getting the brig tonight lest there be a change. Greenhornarmy just came outta nowhere 'cusin me of being pirate, then he's tired of d'fendin himself, yet...my vote is on Blade...so damned if I know, I find it amusing.

Here's what I know...

RaidersArmy, Blade, and Sundvls were all in the same vicinity SOUTHWEST...Blade states he saw 3 people, but no idea who.

Hoops, Vince, Kwhit, Des, king, path and myself were SOUTHEAST

AE and Saldana vouch for each other in the NORTHEAST

Penny and Alan T vouch for the NORTHWEST

Taz, Schmidy I don't recall...

Now the SE contigent doesn't mean were all clean, just means were not involved directly in Sun's death...I say start with those in the area of Sun...you go from there...
Old 02-22-2006, 07:04 PM   #595
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Shady comes in as the evening draws to a close and people are getting tired. 3 GP? What a steal. Path, you my man, are one lucky bloke. This necklace is going to impress all your friends and neighbors. Congrats.

Path now has a necklace as a small item.

Shortly after Shady slips out, perhaps even suspiciously so, the police arrive.

"So who is the murder?" Fingers point all which ways the police try to count but grow increasingly frustrated. "We'll have to have you write it down."

When they write it down the following has been established:
Raiders (4)
Qwik (1)
Vince (1)
Blade (8)
King (1)

"Well Mr. Blade, if that's your real name. Please come with us. Now that he's out of the way I'm sure all the suspicous activity on the island will cease. Please enjoy your time here."

Ok I am now officiallly late for my meeting. Had no time to do anything but count posts and answer 1 or 2 PMs. Any questions should be reposted if urgent. I will be around again in an hour or so.

Morning Cycle Deadline is 11 PM Eastern.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #596
hoopsguy
General Manager

Desnudo, do we want to spent 11 GP to get that trust and then free the investigator? Or take a shot at someone we think might be a pirate.

If we jail Blade, and he is a pirate, then we leave him in there. 4 GP spent to start generating a trust list - at least as much of one as we get with Raiders in the event of a runaway vote for either.

If we jail Blade and a reveal (4 GP) shows that he is the athlete, as he indicates, then we discuss the merits of freeing him for another 7 GP.

Or is the idea of a trust list intended to get information on Pennywise? Because I can buy this a little bit more ... except that he could have received the 2nd PM as a pirate just as easily as he could have as a TH. And that tying himself to the investigator, after the investigator gave him the opening, would be a terrific way to gain trust for a few days.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:06 PM   #597
Desnudo
Coordinator

Wasn't the deadline in an hour? Bling bling Path. So who should we nominate as the trust guy to get the skinny on Blade? I offer a 1 gp donation.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:11 PM   #598
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
Desnudo, do we want to spent 11 GP to get that trust and then free the investigator? Or take a shot at someone we think might be a pirate.

If we jail Blade, and he is a pirate, then we leave him in there. 4 GP spent to start generating a trust list - at least as much of one as we get with Raiders in the event of a runaway vote for either.

If we jail Blade and a reveal (4 GP) shows that he is the athlete, as he indicates, then we discuss the merits of freeing him for another 7 GP.

Or is the idea of a trust list intended to get information on Pennywise? Because I can buy this a little bit more ... except that he could have received the 2nd PM as a pirate just as easily as he could have as a TH. And that tying himself to the investigator, after the investigator gave him the opening, would be a terrific way to gain trust for a few days.

I felt we would get more info from validating RA than Blade. There was a lot of pushing and pulling going on with RA that would look interesting if he did turn out to be the investigator. I'm also not 100% convinced that Sundvls was not the investigator and the pirates chose to leverage what they learned after killing him.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #599
hoopsguy
General Manager

Yeah, I was hoping to do this during the evening cycle as stated in the rules. It is public knowledge who is passing money at that point in the game.

So going with Blade's responses to who he wants to view him:

Please View Me: King, Raiders

Keep Away: Hoops, Path

I'm obviously more comfortable with my own role than anyone else, but the same is true for every treasure hunter on the island. I've got half a mind to recommend someone who hasn't appeared even once in his posts as the person to view him just to avoid any kind of mind games he might be playing.

Taking myself off the list, here would be people that I would put out there as my top 3 to view Blade:
#1: Qwikshot - Blade mentioned him less than me, path, and KWhit
#2: Ardent Enthusiast - in the thread right now (as are my other two candidates), zero mention in Blade PMs today that I recall
#3: KWhit - vocal against Blade, don't think it was a two man act if Blade is pirate
Old 02-22-2006, 07:17 PM   #600
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I got 2 pieces I'd be willing to give up..