Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 01-12-2007, 02:56 PM   #551
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, so at what point can I stop re-training someone for a position? When he becomes "Accomplished" at it?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2007, 02:58 PM   #552
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
OK, so at what point can I stop re-training someone for a position? When he becomes "Accomplished" at it?

Best to keep them training on it for a while after they become accomplished - they tend to forget what they've learnt sometimes. Haven;t got a hard and fast rule for you, but unless you have some other plans, I'd just leave them on the new position for a while afterwards.

They will not get to be 'natural' at the position by definition - accomplished is as good as it gets.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2007, 09:02 PM   #553
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I had this semi-ridiculous goal of getting the Solomon Islands into the World Cup. I naturally had to do a bit of tinkering, because as it turns out..the team is pretty god awful. But...I made a few changes, the team still wasn't very good, but I talked to my Turkish roommate about tactics, since honestly, my understanding is rudimentary.

We managed to get to the OCE Final against Fiji and won 5-4 on aggregate.

We're still alive and we've shown up really well in friendlies against some pretty top sides, so...we'll just see what happens.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 09:11 PM   #554
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

I'm not sure if anyone here has posted it but there is an AMAZING graphical superpack that's out right now that pretty much includes everything you could possibly want for FM (over 72,000 files)

http://miguel.herve.free.fr/fm07/FMC..._Pack_V1.0.exe

I can't tell you how much this thing has added to my enjoyment of the game.

Downside...the thing is an incredible 950 MB. Here's the JB-inspired cut-and-paste:

------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents:
-----------

The FMC Graphic Pack V1.0 weighs nearly 950 Mb!
It gathers more than 72.500 graphic additions for FM2007!

1. Graphs match:

- Moral: Morals Dowry, Moral Rod, Moral Shot
- Nets: Rounded Nets, Public garden Nets
- Balloons: Roteiro, Adidas Black Final, Nike Total 90 Aerow Hi-Screw
- Flags: Shiny Flags, Rounded Flags, Floating Flags
- Players Kits: Kits Players Oval, Kits Players Round, Kits Players Public garden
- Icons of match: Arbitration Icons Black, Arbitration Icons Yellow

2. Shirts:

- 3D-WP: Clubs, Default, Nations (2,111)
- 3D Creased: Clubs, Default, Nations (3,113)

3. Logos:

- Rotated: Huge, Normal, Small (12,495)
- Standard: Huge, Normal, Small (6,543)
- Titlebars: Left, Right (1,999)

4. Faces:

. Small: (9,806)

- Germany: Bundesliga 1
- England: First League
- Argentina: Division 1
- Belgium: General
- Brazil: Series A
- Scotland: SPL
- Spain: Liga
- France: League 1, Ligue 2
- Italy: Series A, Series B
- The Netherlands: First League
- Russia: First League
- Turkey: Division 1

. Normal: (22,952)

- South Africa: General
- Germany: Bundelisga 1
- England: PL, L1, L2, Championship, Conf, Conf Northern, Conf Southern, Other
- Argentina: Division 1
- Australia: Division 1
- Belgium: General
- Brazil: Series A
- Bulgaria: Division 1
- Dannemark: Division 1
- Scotland: SPL
- Spain: Leagued, Division 2, Division 2B
- France: League 1, Ligue 2, National, CFA
- Greece: Division 1, Division 2, Division 3, Other
- Ireland: First League, Division 1
- Israel: General
- Italy: Series A, Series B, Other
- Mexico: General
- Ouzbekistan: General
- The Netherlands: First League, Division 1
- Wales: Division 1
- Poland: Division 1
- Portugal: Division 1, Division 2
- Qatar: General
- Tchéque Republic: Division 1
- Romania: Division 1
- Russia: First League
- Singapore: Division 1
- Sweden: First League
- Tunisia: Division 1
- Turkey: Division 1, Division 2, Other
- Ukraine: Division 1
- Uruguay: General
- The USA: MLS

5. Backgrounds:

. Stages: (783)

- Germany
- England
- Argentina
- Austria
- Belgium
- Brazil
- Scotland
- Spain
- France
- Georgia
- Greece
- Ireland
- Italy
- The Netherlands
- Wales
- Portugal
- Russia
- Sweden
- The USA

. Players: Background of players (934)

. Competitions: Background of competitions (22)

6. Skins:

- Graviti
- The Rolls
- Goal Skin
- Hellenic 2007
- Lightning2007
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2007, 10:11 PM   #555
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Neat. Thank god for GetRight
Old 01-21-2007, 11:02 AM   #556
path12
Coordinator

Has it slowed down your performance?
Old 01-21-2007, 01:23 PM   #557
NoSkillz
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Has it slowed down your performance?

I can't detect any difference in the processing speed. Obviously, I don't have all of those leagues running anyway but I do have 16 countries and 26 leagues running and speed isn't an issue at all.
NoSkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 01:53 PM   #558
WSUCougar
Rider Of Rohan

Stupid little question, I know, but is there a way to activate player numbers in WSM2007 so that you can select them like in previous versions?
Old 01-24-2007, 09:31 AM   #559
Ramzavail
College Starter

Last night, as the USA manager, I won the World Cup in 2010

Had a tough group, Italy, Sweden, Morocco - all top 25 teams and obviously the previous winner. We were ranked 28th.

Got lit up by Italy, but manage wins against Sweden and Morocco, and make it to the next round vs. Czech Republic, who is ranked 12th.

down 2-3 at halftime, one of my best players (playing with fake players but I have a feeling this player is actually Clint Dempsey renamed Derek Williams, still haven't figured out if when playing with fake players its MOSTLY fake players with some real player ratings and pictures sprinkled in just with fake names(ie. Dempsey and Adu) or its ALL real player ratings just with fake names..well regardless) get a red card at the 75th minute headbutting somebody Zidane style. I sub out a dman and put in a striker with a man down and tie it up at the 85th minute. Goes to overtime, and the US score 3 unanswered goals, 6-3 US.

Next we play Mali, not sure how they made it this far or what country that actually is, but they were 19th ranked, we beat them 2-0

Next, Mexico, 17th ranked, in the semis, our archnemesis, the game points out that we are 0-1-2 in our last three games including a 3-0 thrashing during qualifiers. 0-0 all the way through even though Freddie Adu aka Chad Kelly is pounding them with shots. Goes to penalties and we take it 5-4, at this point I am doing the "eagle" around my apartment.

The Finals is against Switzerland, another top 15 team, I think they were 14th, and we handle them easily 3-0.

Freddie Adu aka Chad Kelly gets the World Cup MVP and I am enshrined into the USA Hall of Fame.

Didn't play one powerhouse team, but it was interesting nonetheless, when I get home from work, I am going to check out how France, Brazil,Italy lost.

Mexico took 3rd place.

Its amazing how this game can suck you in and make you celebrate watching dots on a screen, my g/f (who was watching the State of the Union) was embarassed for me

Last edited by Ramzavail : 01-24-2007 at 09:32 AM.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 10:24 AM   #560
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

So, any thoughts on patching? I'm still running 7.0 vanilla, and have a great career going that I'd hate to lose. I haven't run into any real problems, but I'd like to patch if it's thought necessary. What are people's recommendations?
Old 02-12-2007, 10:45 AM   #561
Shepp
High School Varsity

If you've waited this long to patch the game I would wait until the next update comes out. Now that the transfer window is closed it really could be out any day now.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:19 AM   #562
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
So, any thoughts on patching? I'm still running 7.0 vanilla, and have a great career going that I'd hate to lose. I haven't run into any real problems, but I'd like to patch if it's thought necessary. What are people's recommendations?

The patches are backward compatible so you won't lose anything don't worry - in case of panic back up your save game first just in case, but you should be fine.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2007, 11:22 AM   #563
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by WSUCougar View Post
Stupid little question, I know, but is there a way to activate player numbers in WSM2007 so that you can select them like in previous versions?

There isn't any difference between WMS2007 and FM2007 - these should be present and correct already HOWEVER please bear in mind that not all leagues have player numbers and its possible your division just simply doesn't ...
Old 02-12-2007, 11:32 AM   #564
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The patches are backward compatible so you won't lose anything don't worry - in case of panic back up your save game first just in case, but you should be fine.

Thanks!

Another facet of my question was, however, whether the current latest patch still had some major outstanding issues (such as the "under-soil heating" bug I've heard about), or if they're pretty much cleared up by now.

Since I'm using fictional rosters, I'm not concerned about the data update aspect of a patch.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:16 AM   #565
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Here's the 7.0.1 changelist so you can check if your 'favourite' bug was squashed in that patch:
http://www.sigames.com/static/changelist.txt

The 7.0.1 patch mopped up the vast majority of 'major' issues (and a lot of minor ones) - I'd always suggest running a patched version if possible ....
Old 02-13-2007, 10:49 AM   #566
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, I'm going to patch.

BTW, I went to sigames.com to get the patch and noticed Marc's Hints & Tips for FM2007 (PC) are out! Yay! Maybe I can stop sucking now!
Old 02-14-2007, 10:34 AM   #567
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

OK, so I updated to 7.0.1, and things look good... but....

I'm using fictional rosters, but I immediately noticed that the attributes for a good number of my players (and staff) had changed. For instance, one of my strikers, who previously frustrated me with a finishing rating of 5, now has a finishing rating of 16. Woo!

But anyway, why would this happen? If I was using real rosters, I'd understand the attribute updates (even though this is 2016 and I'd expect a fair number of players to be regens), but these are fictional rosters. Surely nothing should change this way?

On a related note, my club (Oxford United - I moved from Queen's Park a few seasons ago), added about 200,000 pounds in debt with the patch, which was annoying.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:57 AM   #568
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

The balance of some in-game attributes was incorrect in the released version of the game - it didn't make the game unplayable as it was global (ie. affected both human and cpu teams equally) and was only really noticable if you knew about it and looked for it ... but it WAS something which we wanted fixed.

This means that when you patch up the game runs around and 'repairs' the balance of any players it considers to be 'wrong' for some reason - this can mean a few players jumping up in levels in some areas ...

PS> This is mentioned in the changelist I believe.

Last edited by Marc Vaughan : 02-14-2007 at 10:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2007, 10:59 AM   #569
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i guess i should mention my FM 07 should arrive tomorow
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 11:03 AM   #570
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
This means that when you patch up the game runs around and 'repairs' the balance of any players it considers to be 'wrong' for some reason - this can mean a few players jumping up in levels in some areas ...

OK, that definitely makes sense. That's more the answer I was hoping for, so... On this particular team, the changes to the attributes I saw certainly make logical sense, so it's all good. Thanks!

Quote:
PS> This is mentioned in the changelist I believe.

Changelist = TL,DR

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
i guess i should mention my FM 07 should arrive tomorow

Say good-bye to your life - it's a great game. FM2007 has been a godsend for me for the 8+ hours I spend on a plane/waiting for a plane each week.
Old 02-14-2007, 11:35 AM   #571
SunDevil
College Prospect

Quote:
OK, that definitely makes sense. That's more the answer I was hoping for, so... On this particular team, the changes to the attributes I saw certainly make logical sense, so it's all good. Thanks!

Changelist = TL,DR

Say good-bye to your life - it's a great game. FM2007 has been a godsend for me for the 8+ hours I spend on a plane/waiting for a plane each week.

How many batteries do you carry around? I do not fly that much, but whenever I am at the airport I never see a electrical outlet to use.
That's a double whammy and I hate you.
SunDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 12:00 PM   #572
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunDevil View Post
How many batteries do you carry around? I do not fly that much, but whenever I am at the airport I never see a electrical outlet to use.

My flight is usually around 4 hours (Chicago - San Francisco), and my laptop has just enough juice to make the entire flight.

When I'm waiting for the flight, I'm usually doing it in the comfort of a Business Lounge, so no trouble with outlets there. One of the "perks" of travelling so much.
Old 02-14-2007, 12:54 PM   #573
henry296
College Starter

I only wish i had my personal laptop with my instead of my work laptop. I've been stuck in Boston since last night and would love to continue my Boston Utd career, but alas I can't have FM on the work computer.
Old 02-14-2007, 02:36 PM   #574
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
If like me you don't have the luxury of the business lounge then scope out around the inactive desks - there's normally an outlet plug left unguarded which you can plug into ...

(my flight back from florida after xmas was delayed for 6 hours - 2 of those saw me plugged into a mains socket after my laptop battery flaked out)

Disclaimer - no ones ever told me off for doing this, but that doesn't mean its big or clever and if you get hit with a large stick by someone from security then its at your own risk.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:56 PM   #575
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

can anyone confirm if the "move to reserve squad until match fit" option works now?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:59 PM   #576
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman View Post

*Salutes*
Old 02-15-2007, 08:18 PM   #577
henry296
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
can anyone confirm if the "move to reserve squad until match fit" option works now?

yes it does. I use it all the time.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #578
tucker rocky
Pro Rookie

If I were to purchase this today, does the download come already updated with latest patches?
tucker rocky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #579
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

ok i have a question for Marc Vaughn.

in previous FM games you could sign non EU players to your squad if they had 170+ PA, they would get a WP after an appeal.

in my current game i had a very promising youngster get his wp turned down even though he has over 170 PA (dont ask how i know, but i know). can a player in FM07 get an exceptional athlete wp like it was in previous versions? or should i try to resign him but give him a bigger statues in the squad to get him a WP?

and 1 more question: if i have a feeder club in say another european country, can i sign someone who wont get a WP but send him to my feeder team whom doesnt have wp issues? im asking this because every time a wp gets turned down the player transaction doesnt go down and he stays at his current team.

thanks in advance
Old 02-20-2007, 09:51 AM   #580
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
in my current game i had a very promising youngster get his wp turned down even though he has over 170 PA (dont ask how i know, but i know). can a player in FM07 get an exceptional athlete wp like it was in previous versions? or should i try to resign him but give him a bigger statues in the squad to get him a WP?
Yes you can get a player because of the 'exceptional athlete' clause as irl - however the 'world' has to judge him to be an exceptional althlete so if he's wholly unknown he might not qualify despite having sufficient 'potential' behind the scenes (oh and stop cheating ).

PS> Yes of course you can use feeder club in this way (presuming thats the type of 'agreement' you have with the club) - thats one of the main reasons for clubs having them irl.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:33 AM   #581
samifan24
Pro Starter

IIRC, someone posted about managing a tiny nation towards the World Cup somewhere in this thread. Can someone please tell me how to gain access to manage small nations in the game? Even when I set the database to "large," I only have access to nations like England, Germany, the Netherlands, etc. Is there a way I can manage a tiny country like St. Vincent for example?
Old 02-20-2007, 11:42 AM   #582
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

You have to "Keep all players" from that nation, and I don't think st vincent has enough to do so even with that.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:37 PM   #583
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yes you can get a player because of the 'exceptional athlete' clause as irl - however the 'world' has to judge him to be an exceptional althlete so if he's wholly unknown he might not qualify despite having sufficient 'potential' behind the scenes (oh and stop cheating ).

PS> Yes of course you can use feeder club in this way (presuming thats the type of 'agreement' you have with the club) - thats one of the main reasons for clubs having them irl.

thanks Marc. ohh and im not cheating.... no... im just scouting.. yea thats it.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:38 PM   #584
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

btw does anyone know what countries require the fewest years to get a nationality from them? is it Holland or Belguim?
Old 02-20-2007, 03:39 PM   #585
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Here's the 7.0.1 changelist so you can check if your 'favourite' bug was squashed in that patch:
http://www.sigames.com/static/changelist.txt

The 7.0.1 patch mopped up the vast majority of 'major' issues (and a lot of minor ones) - I'd always suggest running a patched version if possible ....

When did this last patch get released? I downloaded one back in December and when I tried to follow the link above it appeared to be the same file. Is it?
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 03:43 PM   #586
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

i think there is only 1 patch out now
Old 02-20-2007, 03:44 PM   #587
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulletsponge View Post
btw does anyone know what countries require the fewest years to get a nationality from them? is it Holland or Belguim?

Belgium and Poland -- 2 years.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:51 PM   #588
samifan24
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
You have to "Keep all players" from that nation, and I don't think st vincent has enough to do so even with that.

Yeah, I did that already so I guess the answer is that there is no way to do so. I wonder how someone took control of a tiny country and then posted about it earlier in this thread?
Old 02-20-2007, 08:46 PM   #589
henry296
College Starter

Quick question. I loaded too many leagues and my game is bit slower than I would like. Is there anything that I can do to reverse the situation. I'm in season 5 and attached to my team. We were promoted to League 1 in the second year and just missed a playoff spot in year 4.

Also, a couple of years ago signed a nice young left back for 10,000. He played 17 games for me. In the next off season my chairman accepted on offer that was too good to pass up, about 1.2Mm. The next offseason he moved to Chelsea for 22.5MM. During the July 1st move, I got a notice about receiving 5MM. I didn't remember that there was a 20% of next sale clause. My original 10,000 turned into over 6MM. Woohoo!!
Old 02-21-2007, 02:45 AM   #590
daedalus
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Spain, I believe is also 2 years. But you should have a relatively easy time getting a feeder club in Belgium. When I was testing out the Arse in the Demo, most of the feeder applicants were clubs from Belgium.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 02:48 AM   #591
daedalus
Pro Rookie

As an aside and, of course, relating very little to this thread, '06 seems to load okay in Vista. I'm still in the process of downloading the patch so I have not seen how it runs yet.

Something I had not paid attention to, though, is that my save file is at 550mb and I am about to start the '20-'21 season. Without any factual evidence to back me up and just off the top of my head, this seems to be a HUGE improvement over previous versions. I can only assume that SI has continued this impressive work with '07. Kudos folks.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 03:41 AM   #592
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
Spain, I believe is also 2 years. But you should have a relatively easy time getting a feeder club in Belgium. When I was testing out the Arse in the Demo, most of the feeder applicants were clubs from Belgium.

When a board draw up a shortlist for feeder clubs they take into account situations and prioritise them accordingly - for instance smaller clubs are less likely to purchase foreign players and so will tend to find larger clubs from whom they can loan players, similarly if you're in a nation where work-permits at a big issue (and large enough to buy from abroad) then the board will look at ways around these problems ... (just common sense really).
Old 02-21-2007, 08:43 AM   #593
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
Quick question. I loaded too many leagues and my game is bit slower than I would like. Is there anything that I can do to reverse the situation. I'm in season 5 and attached to my team. We were promoted to League 1 in the second year and just missed a playoff spot in year 4.

You could try adjusting the detail level in the options menu, lowering how many matches are in full detail.
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:20 AM   #594
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I broke down...I purchased this last night...damn you all, damn you all to hell.

"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams

Last edited by Qwikshot : 02-21-2007 at 09:24 AM.
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #595
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
I broke down...I purchased this last night...damn you all, damn you all to hell.

yes.. give in to the dark side
Old 02-21-2007, 09:45 AM   #596
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:

im glad i added belgium into the playable leagues
Old 02-21-2007, 11:54 AM   #597
FrogMan
Hattrick Moderator

while I'm not playing the game much at this moment, I just saw that the data update with patch 7.0.2 have just been released over at www.sigames.com.

Here's the changelist:
Quote:
Football Manager 2007 v7.0.2
----------------------------

General
=======
- Fixed bug where Australian youth player was being given English nationality only and thus not being eligible to play as he had no work permit.
- Fixed bug with player fines not getting processed properly at various times in the season.
- Fixed bug where lots of virtual players were added for a team.
- Fixed future human manager transfer bug - some data wasn't being updated properly in some situations.
- Fixed humans being offered countless players by German and Spanish teams in particular
- Fixed bug when training and youth facilities are upgraded simultaneously, only training facilities would actually upgrade.
- Fixed bug where teams who have already accepted friendlies for a tour accept again when a replacement team is picked.
- Fixed bug where sometimes fixtures would be played at the old stadium when a team moves to a new stadium.
- Fixed stadium expansion bug where seats were sometimes being added immediately after the expansion is announced.
- Fixed bug where national team managers were not sent news sometimes about players being injured when playing for the national team.
- Fixed bug where blank entries were shown in players history when they had not made any appearances.
- Confederations Cup now takes place in host country of next World Cup.
- International friendly instructions now cleared down after matches.
- When scout assignments are removed, the user can now re-assign to the same nation/region without having to leave the screen and come back.
- Fixed a crash in a scout report news item.
- Fixed a crash which would sometimes occur when playing a friendly competition which clashes with other matches.
- Fixed issues where some sweepers would have no DC ability
- Fixed a transfer promotion clause crash caused by edited data.
- Teams which are promoted from lower divisions without a stadium get one generated.
- Fixed crash when retiring an unemployed manager
- Fixed a rare crash when arranging a friendly match.
- Fixed a crash when calling up multiple players to a national pool.
- Fixed a crash which might occur if a human manager builds up a squad of over 200 players.
- When a player on loan is transferred to a third team, his stats are now cleared down properly.
- Fixed a manager being fired unreasonably in finish league due to some teams having a next division set as a lower division
- Fixed a game freeze when going to a scout's list of scouted players.

Match Engine Version History
============================

Match v551
----------

- Reduced number of off ball violent offences slightly.

Match v552
----------

- Further violent conduct tweak

Match v553
----------

- Even further violent conduct tweak

Interface
=========
- If a user navigates away from a job contract offer from a different team and goes back, the screen will show the correct team that the contract offer is from instead of showing the user's current team.
- Aggregate goals now shown correctly on a competition's fixtures/results section for 2nd leg matches.
- User can now only select one team as their feeder club at any one time from the news item.
- Fixed issue where the contract offer screen was showing old contract offers.
- Fixed a match commentary issue where a team name would sometimes not display properly.
- Home/away stats on the match screen now appear properly after viewing team tactics and going back.
- Fixed bug where sub gk changes to an outfield kit when a tactics change is made.
- Fixed bug where match preview panel was missing out goalscorers included from reserve teams.

Contracts
=========
- Stopped lower level free agent and older players asking for 5 year deals
- Lowered players expectations when negotiating a new contract.
- Fixed bug where user could switch section from the contract offer screen and cause the offering team of the contract offer to be the player's current team instead of the human's team.
- Fixed bug where human managers couldn't offer new contracts to certain players.
- Fixed bug where player going out on loan would be given a normal contract instead of a loan contract.
- Fixed in some cases whereby player were demanding extortionate appearance fees.
- Stopped managers from being allowed to sign players who fail work permit checks on youth contract terms.

Media
=====
- Agents now won't recommend players who are out on loan.

Newgens/Youth Players
=====================
- Changed a lot of second nationality players and added some more nationality youngsters via feedback from forums.
- Made more newgens two footed than before
- Fewer newgens for nations which are running in "View Only" mode.

Scouting
========
- Reduced the amount of results returned for lower league teams when assigning a scout to a nation/region.
- Fixed scouts stopping performing assignments

Training
========
- Fixed bug where player attributes can fluctuate slightly albeit temporarily in cycles.

Transfers
=========

- Reduced asking prices slightly outside top echelons
- Fixed "mad chairmen" selling players over managers heads too often at reasonably sized rich clubs
- Clubs more willing to spend on obviously quality players at lower/middling levels
- Slightly more foreign interest in well performing players in smaller leagues
- Fixed bug where monthly installment money was not be given to a team with a next sale percentage clause.

Network Game
============
- Fixed game freeze problem when joining a game which uses a password and the wrong password is entered.
- Fixed client crash after being banned from a network game.
- Fixed client crash when host exited a game and client was on the tactic screen.

Awards
======
- Stopped unknown players winning World Player awards.

Competitions
============
- Highest average rating records now update if the player has played more games, and equalled the record rating.
- Improved selection of Caribbean and Central American nations for qualification to the Gold Cup.
- 2008 African Cup of Nations is held in Ghana.
- Royal League now with only one leg for Quarter Final and Semi-Final.

South America
=============
- Correct losing Semi Finalist is selected to play in the World Club Championship if two Mexican teams reach the Copa Libertadores final.
- First placed teams in the group stage of the Libertadores are now able to make changes to their squads for the knockout rounds

Argentina
=========
- Stopped transfer window news appearing for the Free Transfer window.

Brazil
======
- Added Brazilian Cup 2007 participants.

China
=========
- Fixed some promotion/relegation issues.

Denmark
=======
- Fixed winter break not working for Danish U18 Cup.
- Some improvements to Premier league scheduling so that postponed games are not scheduled in between or past last two rounds.

England
=======
- Conference North and South teams now enter the FA Trophy at the 3rd Qualifying Round.
- Johnstone's Trophy Final now played at Wembley from the 2007/08 season.
- Conference North and South Playoff finals now played at more appropriate stadiums.
- English finals are played at the Millennium stadium in the first season and then Wembley from the 2007/08 season.

Finland
=======
- Finnish League Cup groups now correct for 2007

Germany
=======
- Matches are now shown on TV

Greece
=======
- Greek Cup 4th round now goes to a replay if scores are level.

Holland
=======
- Dutch Cup format changed
- Dutch Premier Division teams always have teams entered in the Reserve and Youth league

Hong Kong (China PR)
====================
- Fixed Hong kong Football Club not participating in continental competitions.

Israel
======
- Added correct suspension method for the Toto Cup

Italy
======
- Reggina points deduction now 11 points.

Mexico
======
- Fixed bug where winner of First Division A playoff would not be promoted if it was a Second Division team.

Northern Ireland
================
- Stopped the same team been used twice in the Second Division Relegation playoff

Norway
======
- Correct teams now qualify for the Royal League

Poland
======
- Polish Legaue Cup added.

Portugal
========
- Portuguese Cup Final is now played at the National Stadium

Singapore
=========

- Added some restrictions for 2 clubs playing in Singaporean league ( one Chinese and one South Korean).

Slovenia
========
- Fixed wrong teams getting promoted when running the Slovenian First Division only.

USA
=====
- Transfer budget on news item now matches up with budget on the team finances screen.

Wales
=====
- Corrected Welsh disciplinary system

Data Editor v7.0.2
==================
- Added B/C team editing.
- Added continent regional strength field.
- Added nation UEFA coefficients and FIFA ranking.
- Added nation languages.
- Added international friendlies.
- Added average match and season ticket price fields.
- Added club UEFA coefficients.
- Added club regional divisions.
- Added club tactical attributes.
- Added club records.
- Added club history.
- Added stadium capacity changes.
- Added stadium moves.
- Added award colours.
- Added award history.
- Added city latitude & longitude.
- Added competition colours.
- Added injury occurence ratio.
- Added club next division.
- Added retired person editing.
- Added nation famous players (Media Comparison).
- Fixed bug that could cause problems when changing the name of a person.
- Fixed dupliacte entry in city inhabitants range drop down.
- Made player and non player only jobs available to Player/Non Players.
- Fixed sorting in club staff & player lists.

Football Manager 2007 v7.0.1 Build 92685
----------------------------------------

General
=======
- Fixed wrong player listed in international Set Friendly Instructions for replacement players.
- Fixed a display bug with the teams table on MLS manager’s achievements screen.
- Fixed player milestones declaring that a player was about to make a landmark appearance (e.g. 50th league appearance) for a club when in fact it was his debut.
- Fixed When you move a player to your reserve squad for

FM
Old 02-21-2007, 12:08 PM   #598
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

I'm still playing '06 and having a fun time with it. What is new in '07 that would entice me to buy it? Feeder clubs sound interesting, anything else?
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:10 PM   #599
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth View Post
I'm still playing '06 and having a fun time with it. What is new in '07 that would entice me to buy it? Feeder clubs sound interesting, anything else?

It is a lot faster...I'm stunned by that.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:15 PM   #600
MrBigglesworth
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
It is a lot faster...I'm stunned by that.
Really? I expected it to be slower...that would be a huge reason to buy it.
MrBigglesworth is offline   Reply With Quote