Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-29-2007, 12:01 PM   #551
JHandley
High School Varsity

Can you elaborate on BK's wanting to lynch a player who might be converting being "a bit off"?

We have almost no information at all. Between the weekend and the no
lynch, we were no better off on Saturday than we were on Friday. BK's
play just makes sense to me. I thought it was early but justifiable.
JHandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:03 PM   #552
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
Let me give my reasons for my vote on Alan T today so I don't have to go back and do it all again later.

#1 he had the night 1 issue that may or may not be a conversion attempt. That alone is suspicion enough for me to get him out of the game.

#2 yesterdays voting snafu just smells bad to me. Alan is a far better player than that. He was the one tracking votes, he knew what was happening and chose to tie the game and let someone else make the decision? I don't buy it.

#3 After the vehemence that he went after BK with all day he votes to force a tie with neon, someone who only garnered votes at all because he was non-existant for two days. Alan doesn't waste votes. I've watced him play a number of games now and read some of the older ones. Thats not a typical Alan T maneuver at all.

My guts tell me that all this adds up to Alan and BK playing one against the other to keep suspicion floting back and forth enough that we never manage to nab either of them.

You are entirely out of your mind.

#1 I have never heard of a 3 day slow-conversion, and haven't received anything to make me think it was one. I have played in MANY games where someone had an action that could inhibit other people's night actions. If anything, you know I didn't kill JE. There is absolutely no reason to believe I was converted over any of the rest of the people. Its always a losing proposition to try to go after people who may or may not be converted before you go after people who started the game evil. Pushing people down this strategy is even worse than a no-lynch.

#2 You talk about me being smart enough to avoid a tie, yet you either refuse to read what was posted about it, or are purposely trying to ignore it. You causing a tie was far more deliberate than anything I did. My causing a tie was due to A) LSG voting at the same time as me B) Tanglewood voting for a third party... You causing a tie was due to your pre-meditated choice to. So for you to bring this nonsense up is only trying to hide yourself from your own actions.

#3 you obviously haven't read or watched enough games with me in it then. I always play by my gut and try to use analysis to tell me what that gut feeling is. Some time you should read the old games with Blade and me in it. I often would scream at him all day long and vote for someone else.

You are trying to throw everything at the wall and see what can stick.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:05 PM   #553
Telle
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHandley View Post
Can you elaborate on BK's wanting to lynch a player who might be converting being "a bit off"?

We have almost no information at all. Between the weekend and the no
lynch, we were no better off on Saturday than we were on Friday. BK's
play just makes sense to me. I thought it was early but justifiable.

He was pushing REALLY hard against Alan. And as I stated above, I didn't think it made sense to lynch Alan immediately rather than waiting a day or so.. and I found it odd that Barkeep wasn't thinking along those lines too. Add that to his uncharacteristic no-lynch vote from day 1.. things just didn't seem right with Barkeep.
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:06 PM   #554
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
I just got back from another long night out with my cousins. Thankfully, not as much to ready today as there was yesterday.

The scenario I thought might play out with votes switching from Neon Chaos did indeed come to fruition. Based on the suspicious plays, I'm now firmly in the camp that Alan T is a wolf. Not much else to go on for us except voting patterns.

I'm going to be out of pocket the next several hours, as I'm about to hit the road back to Austin. I should be back online sometime after 4pm.

VOTE ALAN T
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:09 PM   #555
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

I have a feeling you people aren't even reading the posts.
Old 07-29-2007, 12:17 PM   #556
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Well I'm going out for a bit, looks like you all are doing a bandwagon on me that won't teach you anything.

1) If I was a wolf, I never would have revealed what happened to me night 1.
2) A Run away vote tells you nothing. (Since I'm human it will let the wolves all just pile on and escape notice)

I can gurantuee what will happen now. You will lynch me, find I'm human then everyone will then go after Barkeep and lynch him and I'm guessing find he is human. Then you would have wasted 4 days now and gotten no where.

Watch the list of people who vote me today, I gurantuee you that some wolves will try to slide in there.

(4) Alan - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), Render (540), Cartman (554)
(1) Barkeep - Dodgerchick (531)
Old 07-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #557
Telle
College Starter

At this point, I'm still inclined to go after Barkeep before Alan.

VOTE BARKEEP49
Telle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 12:40 PM   #558
KWhit
Coordinator

I don't know what to think about Alan yet. At this point, I'm inclined to think he's a villager. He's got a big spotlight on him already because of the PM, so he's a likely target for a seer scan. It probably makes sense to play wait and see on him.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:28 PM   #559
Barkeep49
Coordinator

So I decided to put together a time line of votes, which has been done separately in a couple of places but I like to see it all together. I included times for the ones at the end, as DT's vote was an hour an a half, I believe, before deadline.

282 - Path votes for Render (Render 1)
318 - Neon votes for DT (Render 1, DT 1)
320 – BK votes for Neon (Render 1, DT 1, Neon 1)
326 – DC votes for Lathum (Render 1, DT 1, Neon 1, Lathum 1)
328 – BK unvotes for Neon, votes for Alan (Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Alan 1)
344 – Kwhit votes for Neon (Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Alan 1, Neon 1)
348 – Render votes for Neon (Neon 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Alan 1)
349 – Lathum votes for BK (Neon 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Alan 1, BK 1)
356 – Gonzo votes for Alan (Neon 2, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, BK 1)
388 – JH votes for Neon (Neon 3, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, BK 1)
393 – Schmidty votes for Neon (Neon 4, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, BK 1)
395 – CR votes for Ant (Neon 4, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, BK 1, Ant 1)
397 – Ant votes for BK (Neon 4, Alan 2, BK 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
402 – Cartman votes for Neon (Neon 5, Alan 2, BK 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
405 – DT votes for BK (Neon 5, BK 3, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
417 (9:54) – Telle votes for BK (Neon 5, BK 4, Alan 2, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
419 (9:55) – BK unvotes Alan, votes Neon (Neon 6, BK 4, Alan 1, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
421 (9:57) Render unvotes Neon, votes BK (Neon 5, BK 5, Alan 1, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
423 (9:57) LSG votes for BK (BK 6, Neon 5, Alan 1, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
424 (9:58) Alan votes Neon (BK 6, Neon 6, Alan 1, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
426 (9:59) Tangle votes for Alan (BK 6, Neon 6, Alan 1, Render 1, DT 1, Lathum 1, Ant 1)
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:32 PM   #560
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
At this point, I'm still inclined to go after Barkeep before Alan.

VOTE BARKEEP49
Remind me of the reasons against me?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:39 PM   #561
JHandley
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
Tangle, why did you vote for Alan?
Which should actually be phrased: Tangle, why did you throw away your vote?
Old 07-29-2007, 01:53 PM   #562
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm okay with alan. And I think odds are barkeep is good also and we have the old "2 villagers poking at each other" thing going here.

With all of the analysis that's been done while I slept all the day...I'm leaning towards RendeR. But I think we absolutely need a lynch.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:11 PM   #563
Gonzo
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Once again, if you people honestly think as a wolf, I would set myself up to try to be scanned and on the line in the first 2 days, you are absolutely out of your mind.

If I was a wolf, I wouldn't have revealed my night 1 PM.
If I was a wolf, I wouldn't have brought that much heat onto myself.
If I was a wolf, I definitly wouldn't be putting myself on the lynch line because of trying to vote for my gut or trying to manipulate the vote at the end of deadline.

This all makes great sense, apart from the fact that in all probability you thought you were a human and still think you are a human. If we're dealing with some sort of slow conversion, this defense doesn't really work.
Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:22 PM   #564
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzo View Post
This all makes great sense, apart from the fact that in all probability you thought you were a human and still think you are a human. If we're dealing with some sort of slow conversion, this defense doesn't really work.

Ok, since you are so hung up on the slow conversion angle.. Please list me every WW game we've had here that has had slow conversion without a doctor role.

In return, I'll list every game that has had someone with the ability to prevent someone else from a night action.

In the end, I bet my list will be much much longer than yours, if you even have a list.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:23 PM   #565
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Dola,

And how long does this slow conversion take? 1 day? 2 days? a week and a half?

are they supposed to put me on at 450 degrees and let me boil for a month?
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #566
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Cronin can you give the final vote tally?

Day 2 official final vote

6 - Neon Chaos - KWhit (344), JHandley (388), Schmidty (393), cartman (402), Barkeep49 (419), Alan T (424)
6 - Barkeep49 - Lathum (349), Antmeister (397), DaddyTorgo (405), Telle (417), RendeR (421), LoneStarGirl (423)
1 - Alan T - Gonzo (356), tanglewood (426)
1 - RendeR - path12 (282)
1 - Lathum - Dodgerchick (326)
1 - Antmeister - Chief Rum (395)
1 - DaddyTorgo - Neon_Chaos (xxx)

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:39 PM   #567
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Dola,

And how long does this slow conversion take? 1 day? 2 days? a week and a half?

are they supposed to put me on at 450 degrees and let me boil for a month?
I would suggest 2-3 days. We're now on Day 2. For me, it'll either be by the end of Day 3 or never. And if someone doesn't have a similar experience to yours by tomorrow I think that only adds to the evidence against you.
Old 07-29-2007, 02:46 PM   #568
Barkeep49
Coordinator

FTR, I'm holding off on my vote until I see how a few people vote. A couple who I think I might trust, and a couple of whom I am suspicious about. I wish there was another candidate besides myself and Alan to chose from, to make things more interesting, someone like Render. I'm still fine in voting off Alan, though in some ways at this point I'd rather wait until tomorrow when we'll find out if he turned into a wolf for sure, or if this was just a false lead. Because at this point it could be either way and so if he turns up human, I would still say it's 50/50 that he was in the process of converting.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:06 PM   #569
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telle View Post
Oh, and to answer another comment of yours.. RendeR and I have separate computers.

Heh heh wasn't sure.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 03:11 PM   #570
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
We do indeed have seperate computers, though we generally sit about 5 feet apart most of the time =)

lol, I'll bet it would be fun to be a fly on the wall if you guys are crossposting at deadline in a WW game, especially if either of you are a wolf (not saying, BTW, just think the image is funny).
Old 07-29-2007, 03:15 PM   #571
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Not really a topic for this thread, but on a related note, I would love to hear how hard/easy it is being a wolf when in the same game as a villager Significant other. I'm not sure if any of our couples have had that happen or not, but I would wonder how you would get away with the communications with other wolves without being noticed in RL.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:20 PM   #572
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Some time you should read the old games with Blade and me in it. I often would scream at him all day long and vote for someone else.

Isn't that MO for everyone playing Blade?
Old 07-29-2007, 03:23 PM   #573
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Isn't that MO for everyone playing Blade?

Well from the last few games, I've gotten the impression that everyone feels that way about me too.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:35 PM   #574
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Okay, I may be around later to change this, but I'm going to vote now and not get caught up in deadline voting unless I have to. Especially with two two-job days coming up after today (where I almost certainly will be checking in at or near deadline).

There are too many gut things to me that say Alan is not a wolf for me to ignore. The most plausible theory I have heard that he is a wolf is the one where he and BK are playing off of one another. It would be an amazing play, but those two are good enough and confident enough in themselves to try it.

But that's a low percentage shot, IMO. It's far more likely one or the other is a wolf. I don't think Alan is a wolf right now.

But I don't really like the BK angle either. There is more "evidence" against Alan than BK, IMO. With BK, it's all circumstantial, and strangely enough we have had this sort of evidence come up with BK before, too, and have it end up he was a villager (I am thinking two games ago, Alan's game). So I'm not leaning toward Barkeep right now either.

The group think seems to be to let Neon go because it's the weekend, and I would certainly turn away from "the useless villager" theory in favor of going after a wolf if we have that option. Neon gets a short leash, though, if we return from the weekend and he's just as unhelpful.

I can buy Alan's crossposting list of events for the deadline, so I won't vote to lynch tangle right now. Plus, I want to hear more from him about last night. But definitely someone I am keeping an eye on. Keep in mind, even if he failed to see LSG and Alan's final votes, he was still working with a tie between BK and Neon. LSG and Alan voted opposite of one another in the final tally.

I'm going to go with Render for now. His anticipating Alan's move still doesn't settle with me right. I believe there has to be a wolf in that group somewhere (at least one, if not more), so I'm going to go off my gut for now.

VOTE RENDER
Old 07-29-2007, 03:36 PM   #575
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Well from the last few games, I've gotten the impression that everyone feels that way about me too.

Not really, from my perspective. After spending all day yelling at you, I vote for you.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:51 PM   #576
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
Okay, I may be around later to change this, but I'm going to vote now and not get caught up in deadline voting unless I have to. Especially with two two-job days coming up after today (where I almost certainly will be checking in at or near deadline).

There are too many gut things to me that say Alan is not a wolf for me to ignore. The most plausible theory I have heard that he is a wolf is the one where he and BK are playing off of one another. It would be an amazing play, but those two are good enough and confident enough in themselves to try it.

But that's a low percentage shot, IMO. It's far more likely one or the other is a wolf. I don't think Alan is a wolf right now.

But I don't really like the BK angle either. There is more "evidence" against Alan than BK, IMO. With BK, it's all circumstantial, and strangely enough we have had this sort of evidence come up with BK before, too, and have it end up he was a villager (I am thinking two games ago, Alan's game). So I'm not leaning toward Barkeep right now either.

The group think seems to be to let Neon go because it's the weekend, and I would certainly turn away from "the useless villager" theory in favor of going after a wolf if we have that option. Neon gets a short leash, though, if we return from the weekend and he's just as unhelpful.

I can buy Alan's crossposting list of events for the deadline, so I won't vote to lynch tangle right now. Plus, I want to hear more from him about last night. But definitely someone I am keeping an eye on. Keep in mind, even if he failed to see LSG and Alan's final votes, he was still working with a tie between BK and Neon. LSG and Alan voted opposite of one another in the final tally.

I'm going to go with Render for now. His anticipating Alan's move still doesn't settle with me right. I believe there has to be a wolf in that group somewhere (at least one, if not more), so I'm going to go off my gut for now.

VOTE RENDER

well said. And as I said, I was leaning towards RendeR also, as I think with BK & Alan we have "villager on villager" likely. I also think Neon would be a good target, if just for his quietness, but as I stated earlier, I just think we need a lynch of some damm sort, and I was leaning towards RendeR based on his play so far.

I don't have the inclination to go back and dig up specific posts at this point, as that's not a huge part of my "style."

VOTE RendeR
Old 07-29-2007, 04:10 PM   #577
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Well, since I suggested I woud be open to it, I too will vote for someone who causes a tie with two minutes to go, especially as that person is (to me) a known villager). Seems like it might be wolfish, though tangle's deadline voting more so. Anyhow I like having another person around for today's consideration. I'm going to cast, very open to change, a vote against Render therefore.

VOTE RENDER
Old 07-29-2007, 04:22 PM   #578
path12
Coordinator

I'm a little surprised that Tangle isn't getting more attention. I'm obviously suspicious of Render by my vote for him yesterday, and if nobody follows me here I'll likely switch, but although Alan's vote was really not one of his better ones (and that I still wonder about that n1 PM), I think the reasons for him not being a wolf are better than either Tangle or Render.

I had Tangle flagged for making what I considered some reaching arguments about Barkeep yesterday (not up to finding the exact quotes right now), but I also agreed with a couple of his points, so was wondering how to read him.

But there was no excuse for his vote at the end.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD
Old 07-29-2007, 04:23 PM   #579
st.cronin
General Manager

vote count:

4 - Alan T - Gonzo (474), Neon_Chaos (512), RendeR (540), Cartman (554)
3 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), DaddyTorgo (576), Barkeep49 (577)
2 - Barkeep49 - Dodgerchick (531), Telle (557)

do please let me know if I have made an error

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 04:36 PM   #580
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12 View Post
I'm a little surprised that Tangle isn't getting more attention. I'm obviously suspicious of Render by my vote for him yesterday, and if nobody follows me here I'll likely switch, but although Alan's vote was really not one of his better ones (and that I still wonder about that n1 PM), I think the reasons for him not being a wolf are better than either Tangle or Render.

I had Tangle flagged for making what I considered some reaching arguments about Barkeep yesterday (not up to finding the exact quotes right now), but I also agreed with a couple of his points, so was wondering how to read him.

But there was no excuse for his vote at the end.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

As I noted above, he is definitely on my shortlist as well. But I am giving him a little leeway to respond to what has been coming at him, especially knowing he's well out of time zone with us here. If I wasn't satisfied with his response, I likely would vote him instead of Render.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:37 PM   #581
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
vote count:

3 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), DaddyTorgo (576), Barkeep49 (577)

do please let me know if I have made an error

Well, path12 just voted, but my guess is he did that while you were compiling these votes.
Old 07-29-2007, 04:38 PM   #582
JHandley
High School Varsity

I'm trying to choose between Tangle, RendeR and Alan. I am going to try to get near a computer at the deadline to see how this one shakes out, but this is where I'm at right now.

There aren't enough people with no lives to verify or contradict Alan's story. I don't think we hurt ourselves giving him more time.

RendeR's tying up of the vote yesterday, particuarly taking it off Neon and putting it on BK is noteworthy. However, I can lend some believability to the idea of taking the vote off a inactive and putting it on an active, even if I don't believe BK was acting wolfish.

Tangle voting for Alan at the end was just mind-boggling. If you didn't want to vote for BK, vote for Neon to give us something to go on. I know it fractures the vote even more, but I gotta vote for Tanglewood here.

VOTE TANGLEWOOD

Old 07-29-2007, 05:27 PM   #583
RendeR
Coordinator

Interesting that I get a grouping of votes all in a very short time (bout 30 minutes or so)

Jhandley makes a very good point here again about tanglewood's vote. While I can still be utterly mystified that Alan, after spending an entire day going after barkeep for whatever reason doesn't vote for him.. I have to be extremely suspicious of tangle's vote as he had the opportunity to lynch one or the other of Neon Chaos and barkeep.

I'm sorely tempted to follow Jhandley and path and move my vote to tangle but I'll hold off for now to see what happens closer to deadline.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:39 PM   #584
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
If I realised it was a tie I would have broken it, but I missed JHandley's vote for NeonChaos on page 8 in my quick tally. Sorry guys.

Posted that a couple of minutes after the votes were counted. At the time I thought Barkeep was ahead and was going to be lynched. I posted my vote, saw Alan had not voted for Neon Chaos so quoted him with much suprise, then dashed through the thread quickly to tot up the votes with literally a few seconds left and got the addition wrong. Just a miscount. I definitley would have broken it, and probably voted for Barkeep, if I had known it was a tie. Lame excuse? Yes, but it's honest. I don't think a wolf would be quite so dumb to do that anyway.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 06:46 PM   #585
KWhit
Coordinator

The late votes last night don't make a whole lot of sense, and to me the most suspicious one was from RendeR.

For now, I'm voting for him:

VOTE RENDER

I know I'm tying it up with that, but there's still over an hour left.

I HUMBLY SUGGEST THAT PEOPLE DON'T WAIT UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE TO VOTE UNLESS YOU'RE A WOLF. IT'S JUST TOO RISKY WITH THE VOTE SO CLOSE AND WE NEED A LYNCH TONIGHT!
Old 07-29-2007, 06:48 PM   #586
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

One player I would like to hear more from is DaddyTorgo. Firstly he voted for No Lynch on day one, then voted for Barkeep on day two. That is an interesting combination already, as the main criticism of Barkeep on day two was he was acting out of character, particulary in pressing for a no lynch, thus inferring the logic of no lynch was flawed. So why agree with him on day one then not on day two?

Then he posts this just before on this page:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
well said. And as I said, I was leaning towards RendeR also, as I think with BK & Alan we have "villager on villager" likely.

Changed his mind there awfully quickly.

Quote:
I also think Neon would be a good target, if just for his quietness, but as I stated earlier, I just think we need a lynch of some damm sort, and I was leaning towards RendeR based on his play so far.

Now thinks Neon Chaos is a good target, but didn't vote for him yesterday. And also complains about not having a lynch, despite voting for no lynch on day one.

Quote:
I don't have the inclination to go back and dig up specific posts at this point, as that's not a huge part of my "style."

VOTE RendeR

A typical wolf tactic is to latch onto long posts by villagers and then state "I agree" or as much in a more verbose manner and vote with them. An easy way to escape having to provide analysis whilst looking like contributing to discussion. Here DT quoted a long Chief Rum post and essentially stated "I agree" and voted with him.

Not to say all of this automatically paints DT a wolf. Lots of times villagers change their mind the next day and often a villager will quote a long post and agree with it. But I would like to hear his explaination in change of thinking from No lynch->voting for barkeep and no lynch->need lynch and barkeep->neon chaos.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #587
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Two other players also voted for No lynch on day one and then for Barkeep on day two: Telle and Antmeister. I'll dig up their reasoning in just a minute.
Old 07-29-2007, 06:51 PM   #588
KWhit
Coordinator

Here the vote count I have:

4 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), DaddyTorgo (576), Barkeep49 (577), KWhit (585)
2 - Tanglewood - path12 (578), JHandley (582)
Old 07-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #589
Antmeister
Pro Starter

The way I currently see it is that Neon Chaos was possibly a wolf and there was a last minute barrage to turn the vote elsewhere. I am glad that AlanT illustrated all the votes that came within that short window of time, because I am becoming really suspicious.

Vote Neon Chaos.

Damn it, he has to at least be a mad scientist.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #590
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Hmmm, not a lot really to go on so far today. Not sure if it is due to it being Sunday, and folks aren't around, or if there is just a general sense of confusion/lack of insight.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #591
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I actually think, upon further reflection, I agree with Ant. What do we learn from a lynch from Render that we don't learn from Neon? If Neon is a wolf I think we'll be able to untangle who might have saved him, such as Render. And if he's a villager there's no reason a wolf would have tried to save him over me.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:13 PM   #592
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood View Post
One player I would like to hear more from is DaddyTorgo.

TEXT AND QUOTES IN THE MIDDLE

Not to say all of this automatically paints DT a wolf. Lots of times villagers change their mind the next day and often a villager will quote a long post and agree with it. But I would like to hear his explaination in change of thinking from No lynch->voting for barkeep and no lynch->need lynch and barkeep->neon chaos.

I will only dig deep and throw out long posts with tons of analysis when I have a reason to do so, like if I have a particuarly strong reason for feeling one way or another.

in terms of change of thinking:

1) No lynch on D1 seemed sensible, given that it was almost like a Night Zero.
2) My vote for for barkeep was based on his extreme pressure on Alan and feeling that that was suspicious and also noting that Barkeep arguing for no-lynch was very out of character for him.
3) As for why Barkeep vs. Neon Chaos...I felt that Neon Chaos deserved at least a little more leash as a newer player before we axed him, and as I stated, I felt Barkeep was acting suspiciously.
4) My thinking has evolved now to the point (due to the tie and all) to think that with Barkeep & Alan we are likely seeing the same-old villager-on-villager thing that we see EVERY DAMM GAME and that we get sucked into EVERY DAMM GAME.
5) Right now I'm focused on the late-voters last night, the RendeR and Tangle votes particularly. I think it's highly likely that one of those two is a wolf...doubtful that both are.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:15 PM   #593
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I actually think, upon further reflection, I agree with Ant. What do we learn from a lynch from Render that we don't learn from Neon? If Neon is a wolf I think we'll be able to untangle who might have saved him, such as Render. And if he's a villager there's no reason a wolf would have tried to save him over me.

interesting point and way to look at it.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:17 PM   #594
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Neon's also got the 2nd vote on Alan today...not that that means anything in particular.

I could certainly support a Neon vote, as long as we can be sure that we get a lynch. another day of no-lynch and we're really screwed

barkeep+kwit? if the 3 of us move that that will put neon on 4 along with alan

UNVOTE RendeR
Old 07-29-2007, 07:21 PM   #595
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
I felt that Neon Chaos deserved at least a little more leash as a newer player

Neon hosted some of the earliest games we have on FOFC. In fact, I think he's close below me for all time most hosted games. Granted he hasn't been playing lately, but Neon is no WW naif. He's been around to see most of the WW maneuvers around.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:22 PM   #596
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Neon's also got the 2nd vote on Alan today...not that that means anything in particular.

I could certainly support a Neon vote, as long as we can be sure that we get a lynch. another day of no-lynch and we're really screwed

barkeep+kwit? if the 3 of us move that that will put neon on 4 along with alan

UNVOTE RendeR
Ok I'll move to Neon as well. I agree we can't afford another no lynch.

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE NEON

I do feel bad that the game started early and put him in a bad position. I think it's unfortunate that lynching him trumps my meta-game sympathy to how he's played this game so far.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:25 PM   #597
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Here's what I have for a vote count:

3 - Neon Chaos - Ant (589), DT (594), Barkeep (596)
2 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), KWhit (585)

No votes: Lonestargirl, Schmidty, Alan T, Gonzo, Tangle
Old 07-29-2007, 07:26 PM   #598
Barkeep49
Coordinator

I would expect that tangle and Alan would vote for sure, meaning that 4 should be enough to ensure that we don't no lynch based on non-voters.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #599
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Ok I'll move to Neon as well. I agree we can't afford another no lynch.

UNVOTE RENDER
VOTE NEON

I do feel bad that the game started early and put him in a bad position. I think it's unfortunate that lynching him trumps my meta-game sympathy to how he's played this game so far.

If we can't avoif another no lynch why are you voting for someone who currently has 1 vote? Even if the other two who have agreed to switch do so it still only ties it up at 4 each with Alan and Render with 3. Some way of guarenteeing a lynch.
Old 07-29-2007, 07:27 PM   #600
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Here's what I have for a vote count:

3 - Neon Chaos - Ant (589), DT (594), Barkeep (596)
2 - RendeR - Chief Rum (574), KWhit (585)

No votes: Lonestargirl, Schmidty, Alan T, Gonzo, Tangle

That's not right. DT didn't vote for Neon. He just unvoted in 594.