Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #5801
JediKooter
Coordinator

Crap!! I'm definitely fired then. I'm going to start packing my desk up.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
JediKooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #5802
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Why was George Lucas hanging out by my office? At least I'm not fired.

He was looking for Pumpy's Digits, needed someone to join his bowling league..
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #5803
JediKooter
Coordinator

Should I tell him to look for it in Outlook?

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 10-12-2011, 04:05 PM   #5804
Radii
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
better question: why are you watching sportscenter

That is a good question. I'd just woken up, fell asleep with the TV on and it was on ESPN. Yes, at 1pm, on a Wednesday.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 06:23 PM   #5805
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

One of my teammates tells me that he found a girl to join my bowling team, so I think I'm in good shape now. I hope she knows how to bowl.
Old 10-12-2011, 06:27 PM   #5806
JediKooter
Coordinator

That's what she said...

Old 10-12-2011, 07:02 PM   #5807
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

I don't think I've ever had a client more exhausting to deal with than the newest one we're currently working with. They'd probably be more palatable at the old standard 15% commission rather than the new 5% quasi-norm, but not by a whole lot.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:52 PM   #5808
Scoobz0202
Pro Rookie

Can somebody with PS3 and Networking knowledge tell me if my PS3 is compatible with this?

Amazon.com: ASUS (RT-N16) Wireless-N 300 Maximum Performance single band Gaming Router: Fast Gigabit Ethernet, support USB-Hard Drive and Printer and Open source DDWRT: Electronics
Scoobz0202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:49 PM   #5809
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Man, I'm way behind on the times probably, but I just found google news with the old newspapers. Love me some old newspapers. Granted, I'm 3 years late to the party, but.. can't catch everything on the internet.

My Dad was in a newspaper article back in 1962, it was a staged thing to make it look like a barn was falling and they were running for their lives. What I didn't know is that the article was picked up in Modesto, Sarasota and Hartford so.. thought that was kinda cool.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:08 AM   #5810
RainMaker
General Manager

Minka Kelly is perfection. There is no arguing this.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #5811
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radii View Post
Why the hell is Hulk Hogan on sportscenter? Why is he being interviewed about winning a title in on sportscenter!?

Apparently Hulk was on Colin Cowherd's show yesterday. It's a good thing I wasn't in the car at the time, or my radio might have blown up.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:40 AM   #5812
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

On my ride into work, I take some secondary roads to avoid traffic-- one section I miss a traffic light, another I miss passing directly in front of a school with parents dropping off their kids.

This morning, at 3 separate intersections, I passed a guy in a blue Jeep Liberty, using what I guess would be described as tertiary roads-- trying to make a short cut of the short cut.

It made me happy that at each intersection, I passed him, proving my method is better.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:12 AM   #5813
britrock88
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
On my ride into work, I take some secondary roads to avoid traffic-- one section I miss a traffic light, another I miss passing directly in front of a school with parents dropping off their kids.

This morning, at 3 separate intersections, I passed a guy in a blue Jeep Liberty, using what I guess would be described as tertiary roads-- trying to make a short cut of the short cut.

It made me happy that at each intersection, I passed him, proving my method is better.

But if you saw him at three different intersections, wouldn't that mean he's keeping pace with you? (Until the traffic light favors you at the last intersection, anyway...)
britrock88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 10:16 AM   #5814
Ksyrup

What you don't realize is that he stopped at Starbucks twice.

Occasionally, I'll take a different route just to keep moving, not necessarily because I think it will be faster. I can't stand to sit in traffic doing nothing. I'd rather feel like I'm going somewhere, even if it's not any faster.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-13-2011, 01:33 PM   #5815
Ksyrup

That new commercial where the family is singing Crazy Train, I want to see that fucking car/van/SUV wrap around a telephone pole.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:48 PM   #5816
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by britrock88 View Post
But if you saw him at three different intersections, wouldn't that mean he's keeping pace with you? (Until the traffic light favors you at the last intersection, anyway...)

The route we are both going wouldn't hit any lights. Just stop signs.

I am looking at it like this:

Intersection 1: Both have stop signs, I arrived first. I go straight. He would have been making a right to follow me, he continued straight.

The next 2 times I passed him, I am on a secondary road where I have to stop signs, he on the tertiary road, where he has a stop signs.

In theory, had he followed me at intersection 1, he'd already be on the secondary road, not waiting at a stop sign for someone to let him in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
What you don't realize is that he stopped at Starbucks twice.

Occasionally, I'll take a different route just to keep moving, not necessarily because I think it will be faster. I can't stand to sit in traffic doing nothing. I'd rather feel like I'm going somewhere, even if it's not any faster.

I do agree with the 'just keep moving' theory, I do the same. Exactly why I take the secondary roads.

I may need to Google Maps this later and do my best to flere-diagram it.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 01:51 PM   #5817
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

I love it when someone hauls ass to get past me, then I catch up to them at the light.
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:25 PM   #5818
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

This is me.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:45 PM   #5819
JediKooter
Coordinator

I've found out that an obsession that I had when I was a kid has crept back up. Star Wars figures. They now (actually for a while now) make the figures with the vintage packaging. Something about seeing that vintage packaging makes me want to buy them. I just bought 12 of them at lunch today. Since I no longer have a wife to keep this impulse in check, I don't foresee this habit being curbed any time soon.

Old 10-13-2011, 03:54 PM   #5820
PilotMan
Head Coach

I've been in an "everyone gets the finger kind" of mood lately. I think I might be heading into an early midlife crisis.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:55 PM   #5821
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilotMan View Post
I've been in an "everyone gets the finger kind" of mood lately. I think I might be heading into an early midlife crisis.

I have been too. Especially for higher ups for the school district I work for. I'm fucking fed up.
Old 10-14-2011, 11:37 AM   #5822
JediKooter
Coordinator

Don't know if anyone has heard the State Farm commercials on the radio lately. There's a series of 3 songs (I think it's 3) that kind of a mix of different music styles (bluegrassish, mariachi and something else). Anyway...long story short. There's a line in there that cracks me up every time I hear it: "A pet baboon with one robotic arm", why I find that hilarious, I have no idea.

Old 10-14-2011, 11:56 AM   #5823
TCY Junkie
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by M GO BLUE!!! View Post
I love it when someone hauls ass to get past me, then I catch up to them at the light.

Sometimes I act irritated I get caught at a light after flying by someone.

TCY Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:03 PM   #5824
JediKooter
Coordinator

Alrighty, The Thing is holding at a 7 rating on IMDB and 29% by critics on Rotten Tomatoes. However, on Rotten Tomatoes, the Audience gives it a 76% rating. There's a mall the next exit down off the freeway, debating if I should see it after work or wait until another day.

Old 10-14-2011, 12:23 PM   #5825
Rizon
Pro Starter

I feel like there are bugs crawling on me. My hair and arms are all itchy. Plus I just toked some sweet heron.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 12:26 PM   #5826
Ksyrup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I feel like there are bugs crawling on me. My hair and arms are all itchy. Plus I just toked some sweet heron.

Butt end, I presume?

Old 10-14-2011, 12:49 PM   #5827
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Butt end, I presume?

Exactly
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tzun485l.jpg (57.4 KB, 118 views)
Quote:
Old 10-14-2011, 07:16 PM   #5828
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I want to get dreadlocks, but I only want them if I can wear a football helmet all the time, because they look cooler under a helmet.
Old 10-14-2011, 07:17 PM   #5829
Passacaglia
Coordinator

But if you have dreadlocks under a football helmet, I can legally grab you by them and tackle you. Which is probably what you wanted in the first place.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #5830
JediKooter
Coordinator

Kinky

Old 10-14-2011, 07:20 PM   #5831
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Isn't that a bit cliche these days?

My wife, expert she is: "Is there some league rule that every player has to have someone who looks like the Predator now"?

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 02:02 AM   #5832
molson
General Manager

It was hard to watch Artie Lange on Letterman tonight. Lange is still broken. Howard Stern is smart to keep him the hell away.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 11:21 AM   #5833
terpkristin
Grizzled Veteran

For the Maryland homecoming tailgate today, we're doing Krispy Kreme burgers. Can't wait!

/tk
terpkristin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:36 PM   #5834
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Don't drink too much of the new green Mt Dew GameFuel. It will turn your poop a diseased shade. I thought I might be dying the other night but remembered the Dew.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 12:38 PM   #5835
DataKing
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
Don't drink too much of the new green Mt Dew GameFuel. It will turn your poop a diseased shade. I thought I might be dying the other night but remembered the Dew.

A diet consisting entirely of Fruit Loops will do the same thing. Don't ask how I know that...
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 03:26 PM   #5836
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Quote:
I want to get dreadlocks, but I only want them if I can wear a football helmet all the time, because they look cooler under a helmet.

M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:12 AM   #5837
stevew
Hall Of Famer

There's this pretty hot looking deaf girl in one of my classes. I wonder how you'd hit on her. You'd have to have a good text game I would imagine.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:22 AM   #5838
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

Going through a 5th round of major layoffs at my company in my 10 years...we'll see if I survive this one. (if the economy was better I'd probably perfer to be released so I could get another job and not have to worry about repaying the company for my master's degree)

Note: I was actually fired in the first one 8 years ago, but then then in the exit interview they decided to move me to another department on a trial bases...I guess I passed that trial...
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:34 AM   #5839
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew View Post
There's this pretty hot looking deaf girl in one of my classes. I wonder how you'd hit on her. You'd have to have a good text game I would imagine.

Much like most girls, she'd want you to be good with your hands and fingers.
Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 11:35 AM   #5840
MJ4H
Coordinator

pics
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:36 AM   #5841
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Ask Pumpy about using Outlook.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #5842
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

i'm a man i'm 40

(spoiler alert i'm not really 40)
Old 10-18-2011, 12:44 PM   #5843
JediKooter
Coordinator

Just got back from getting a root canal. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but, there were some touch and go moments where, the 'fight or flight' instinct was almost triggered...well, flight more than anything.

Now I get to go back Monday to finish the job. Thank you vicodin...

Last edited by JediKooter : 10-18-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:09 PM   #5844
Ksyrup

Quote:
i'm a man i'm 40

(spoiler alert i'm not really 40)

I'm both!

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-18-2011 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-18-2011, 01:15 PM   #5845
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
I'm both!
mister big stuff who do you think you are oh yeah
Old 10-18-2011, 01:18 PM   #5846
Ksyrup

I've only got another 10 months to gloat about it.
Old 10-18-2011, 02:23 PM   #5847
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
Just got back from getting a root canal. Not as bad as I thought it would be, but, there were some touch and go moments where, the 'fight or flight' instinct was almost triggered...well, flight more than anything.

Now I get to go back Monday to finish the job. Thank you vicodin...

I had one a few months ago and got the gas, was awesome stuff.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #5848
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
I had one a few months ago and got the gas, was awesome stuff.

I totally would have gone with the gas, but, gas was unfortunately, not an option. He said he could refer me to a periodontist (which I assume would have had it), but, when I heard that word, I saw visions of dollar signs with wings, flying away from my bank account.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:18 PM   #5849
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

So, 10 years ago my Mom gave out some things of hers that she didn't want that were her mom's and her grandmas. One brother got some silverware. A year ago, my mom loaned that brother some money against my advice. A year later, he hadn't paid her back so.. what she decided to do today was to call the police and claim my brother stole the silverware from her and $500 when we were moving her... I'm just completely dumbfounded..

Taking him to small claims court, ok, I can understand that. Claiming someone did a felony. Umm... ya, different.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 10:20 PM   #5850
Radii
Head Coach

Wow mustang, that makes my family seem kinda sane.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote