Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-02-2011, 10:41 PM   #5601
kcchief19
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacroGuru View Post
BYU has BYUtv, which yes, has had a ton of money thrown at it and it used for things other than sports, but I don't know why this is such an issue? Texas worked towards the agreement for 3rd tier, it should be theirs...if you want your own 3rd tier money, create a network.
Texas did work toward the agreement for third tier rights to include a school-specific network ... last year, amidst the conference turmoil, Texas put a gun to the head of the Big 12 and say give us the rights to start a school network or we are gone. The conference wanted to stay together and capitulated.

Honestly the other schools greatly underestimated how far Texas was in already creating the network. Texas beat everyone to the punch. It's a big reason why A&M left ... Texas outflanked them and made it impossible for an A&M network to fly or make the same money as the Longhorn Network.

Texas negotiated for the right to make more money off their third tier rights ... and now some other schools are negotiating to limit that. It's the same negotiation that took place last summer, it's just now that the rest of the Big 12 schools are more organized and have more leverage than they did a year ago. If Texas doesn't like what they other 8 remaining schools want ... there's the door.

I'm somewhat firmly convinced my school's leadership will fuck this up. If I'm Missouri, I'm telling Texas and the rest of the Big 12 you have until noon Tuesday to get third tier rights under control or we're gone. Based on the news out of the Big East today, it sounds like the discussion about picking off some Big East schools was an idle threat.

On the subject of BYU, BYU-TV is a great example of why the Big 12 would be good for BYU. The Big 12 is the only conference where BYU could put their games on their network, which would certainly help get the network in more cable homes. If you guys want to join the Big 12, go for it. Just make sure you know that Texas will always try to screw you.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:45 AM   #5602
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
Texas negotiated for the right to make more money off their third tier rights ... and now some other schools are negotiating to limit that. It's the same negotiation that took place last summer, it's just now that the rest of the Big 12 schools are more organized and have more leverage than they did a year ago. If Texas doesn't like what they other 8 remaining schools want ... there's the door.
Hmm.... without any inside sources I don't think that's what's happening. I think Texas is going forward with the (contractually allowed) Longhorn Network, hopefully with a Big-XII in place, but willing to go independent if necessary. If Mizzou (or any other school) wants to leave, the door is there and they just need to jump through it... but so far only Nebraska and aTm have gone, which indicates they're the only ones that have actually been given a committable offer elsewhere. Mizzou is in a pretty good position medium-term because they definitely have a spot if it goes to 4 16-team super conferences, and short-term there is a 1 in 3 chance the SEC will take them to avoid having uneven numbers, but let's not pretend that Mizzou (or Kansas/K-State/ISU/Baylor/the Oklahoma's) is in a position to demand concessions from Texas.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 10-03-2011 at 01:46 AM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:07 AM   #5603
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Let me ask an honest question...what is stopping every other school in the Big 12 from creating their own network? Honestly? If that is such a pressing issue here, why not take your money, partner up and get one going?

The other schools are already starting that. K-State has an internet-based network that just started this fall. OU is in the planning stages. Mizzou is also in the process.

With that said, it's pretty obvious that the biggest money for everyone in the conference is when you pool resources and create a conference network rather than doing it in pieces. The LHN is the first national network within a conference. Honestly, it probably would have worked fine had UT not got greedy with the move to add additional conference games to the network (which takes games out of the conference contract) and the move towards HS games/highlights.

Judging from what the KC Star is reporting today, it sounds like Mizzou is playing hardball in regard to the 3rd tier rights. If Mizzou can get the concessions out of UT, then there's no reason not to stay. But given UT's track record thus far in that regard, I'm not holding my breath.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:15 AM   #5604
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by BishopMVP View Post
Hmm.... without any inside sources I don't think that's what's happening. I think Texas is going forward with the (contractually allowed) Longhorn Network, hopefully with a Big-XII in place, but willing to go independent if necessary. If Mizzou (or any other school) wants to leave, the door is there and they just need to jump through it... but so far only Nebraska and aTm have gone, which indicates they're the only ones that have actually been given a committable offer elsewhere. Mizzou is in a pretty good position medium-term because they definitely have a spot if it goes to 4 16-team super conferences, and short-term there is a 1 in 3 chance the SEC will take them to avoid having uneven numbers, but let's not pretend that Mizzou (or Kansas/K-State/ISU/Baylor/the Oklahoma's) is in a position to demand concessions from Texas.

1. I do believe Colorado left as well (to be fair, you probably weren't the only one to not notice).

2. Mizzou is in a great position to demand concessions from Texas. They're the third most influential of the schools remaining in the B12 and have a SEC offer on the table. If Mizzou leaves, the conference takes a hit by losing portions of two top-30 national media markets. They can't afford to do that with a likely renegotiation soon to come.

We'll find out tomorrow after the Mizzou BOC meeting. If the BOC votes to give Deaton power to move forward with other options, we're likely out. If they stay pat, it means we can expect to see announcement from Deaton (as B12 chairman) announcing some major changes in how 3rd tier rights are handled.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:27 AM   #5605
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
They're the third most influential of the schools remaining in the B12

Strikes me as akin to being the third most influential nation in the Warsaw Pact.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:33 AM   #5606
miked
College Starter

Let's say Mizzou leaves for the SEC (since they've apparently had an invite for the past few weeks they are pondering). How does this hurt Texas financially? Are they not able to add 2-3 teams (say, SMU, TCU, something of that sort) and keep going on? Why is this some big Texas conspiracy when their fate has little to do with these lesser teams in the conference?
Old 10-03-2011, 09:47 AM   #5607
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post
Strikes me as akin to being the third most influential nation in the Warsaw Pact.

Sounds like a fair comparison to me. But with that said, the leaders need those areas to hold their power. If a revolution occurs, that power is weakened and gives others similar thoughts as we have seen with the NU, A&M, and CU defections.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:49 AM   #5608
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked View Post
Let's say Mizzou leaves for the SEC (since they've apparently had an invite for the past few weeks they are pondering). How does this hurt Texas financially? Are they not able to add 2-3 teams (say, SMU, TCU, something of that sort) and keep going on? Why is this some big Texas conspiracy when their fate has little to do with these lesser teams in the conference?

I think you're absolutely right in regards to Texas. They just pick up a few lesser schools who are more willing to deal with the warts as long as they see increases in budget, something that Mizzou isn't willing to agree with moving forward.
Old 10-03-2011, 10:23 AM   #5609
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

PeteThamelNYT Pete Thamel
It remains to be seen what LHN agreements have been made. RT @vgregorian: Accordingly, Mizzou curators expected to meet tomorrow

31 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

The Big 12 grant of rights, when agreed to, will be for "at least six years." A message to BYU and others: "We're not dysfunctional."

32 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

That said, I doubt that Neinas and Big 12 announce this without having Mizzou on board. This was a key step in luring them back.

33 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

When each school votes on agreeing to the grant of rights, the Big 12 will effectively be saved. But, that still needs to happen.

35 minutes ago FavoriteRetweetReply

Big 12 announces equal distribution, which will happen after each school puts in its grant of rights.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:06 AM   #5610
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swaggs View Post
Sounds like the BYU part of that equation is close to happening (or has happened).

Makes sense for BYU. They are never going to get into the Pac XX, so this is really their only shot to ever get into a BCS conference. If it doesn't work out, they can always go back to the independent route.

Why does the PAC not want BYU? Seems like a quality school with good sports programs and a dedicated national fanbase.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #5611
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Why does the PAC not want BYU? Seems like a quality school with good sports programs and a dedicated national fanbase.

SI

the religious componet of the school is what is not desired. Baylor was in the same boat last year when the 1st Pac-16 proposal happened.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 12:17 PM   #5612
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:

SI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post
the religious componet of the school is what is not desired. Baylor was in the same boat last year when the 1st Pac-16 proposal happened.

SnDvls has it right...but if you ask them, its about academics.

BYU will never get an invite to the PAC ever...There is just to much of a gap in differences and honestly, I am not that big on this but religious bigotry on both sides of the ball for this to ever work.

It's not to say we aren't wanted by the AD's and coaches, that has been brought up many times that we were wanted in the conference because of revenue and competition, but the schools presidents have shot us down repeatedly, especially Cal and Stanford.....
Old 10-03-2011, 12:19 PM   #5613
I. J. Reilly
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnDvls View Post

It's not religion per se, obviusly Notre Dame would have no problem. But the short answer of why not BYU is because of this:

Academic freedom at Brigham Young University - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
I. J. Reilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 01:47 PM   #5614
Ksyrup

I could be - and most certain am - wrong about this, but the fact that the Big 12 has apparently come to a handshake agreement over Tier 1 & 2 rights, the Mizzou curators are meeting tomorrow, and there's not any kind of smoke out there about Mizzou leaving the Big 12, suggests to me that they are staying.

They're going to have to make a move very shortly, because the TV rights agreement will have to be signed pretty quickly to really mean anything and make BYU and/or other schools confident enough to move forward with joining, so Mizzou needs to move now or stay put. And I haven't heard anything but the same ol' rumors out about them moving.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 10-03-2011, 01:59 PM   #5615
bronconick
College Starter

Huh. A rights agreement actually makes the ACC the more attractive spot to grab #14 again, unless they go back to West Virginia.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 02:21 PM   #5616
SnDvls
Pro Starter

Quote:
SnDvls has it right...but if you ask them, its about academics.

BYU will never get an invite to the PAC ever...There is just to much of a gap in differences and honestly, I am not that big on this but religious bigotry on both sides of the ball for this to ever work.

It's not to say we aren't wanted by the AD's and coaches, that has been brought up many times that we were wanted in the conference because of revenue and competition, but the schools presidents have shot us down repeatedly, especially Cal and Stanford.....

everyone knows it's Cal & Stanford that don't want BYU. I think both AZ schools would love to have them given the large LDS populations in AZ, but we don't have the power or pull that the other two have. I think the Sunday thing is really blown up too much. Really as the Pac-10 the only sports played on Sundays were baseball anyhow.

Colorado had a long standing invite to the Pac-10 for years (along with Texas) and finally took them up on it as their alumni base is mostly in Cali. (outside of CO of course). So that wasn't a suprise to see them here.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #5617
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I could be - and most certain am - wrong about this, but the fact that the Big 12 has apparently come to a handshake agreement over Tier 1 & 2 rights, the Mizzou curators are meeting tomorrow, and there's not any kind of smoke out there about Mizzou leaving the Big 12, suggests to me that they are staying.

They're going to have to make a move very shortly, because the TV rights agreement will have to be signed pretty quickly to really mean anything and make BYU and/or other schools confident enough to move forward with joining, so Mizzou needs to move now or stay put. And I haven't heard anything but the same ol' rumors out about them moving.

The Tier 1 and 2 equal sharing has been agreed upon for awhile. That happened when OU considered a move. The tier 3 rights are the battleground that OU started pushing and now MU is still pushing. There's no reason for a BOC meeting if they're staying for sure

The TV rights in the SEC are already under negotiation. Slive has said that publicly. There's multiple options on the table that depend on whether or not a 14th, 15th, and/or 16th member is added.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-03-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #5618
kcchief19
Pro Starter

I expect one of two scenarios to come out of tomorrow's curators meeting:

1. Missouri says it's interested in staying in the Big 12 and will commit its first and second tier rights for 6 years under certain conditions; or
2. Missouri will give Chancellor Deaton authority to explore realignment and make a decision on his own.

I sincerely doubt we announce we're going the SEC tomorrow, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Everyone is looking for special insight. The fact that the curators meeting is in St. Louis tomorrow is particularly odd. One conspiracy theory is that they want some distance from the Columbia media and that St. Louis is more pro-SEC than Kansas City is. If Missouri announces it's going to the SEC tomorrow, the media fury in St. Louis will be much more celebratory. Columbia would be just as celebratory, but it's closer to KC and there's no place to hide in Columbia from all the media.

Missouri fans in KC are just as pro-SEC as other Missouri fans, but the KC media would fixate on the impact on the Big 12 tournament leaving town and the Border War rivalry.
kcchief19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 07:39 PM   #5619
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuervo72 View Post

This was quite good.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 09:30 PM   #5620
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcchief19 View Post
I expect one of two scenarios to come out of tomorrow's curators meeting:

1. Missouri says it's interested in staying in the Big 12 and will commit its first and second tier rights for 6 years under certain conditions; or
2. Missouri will give Chancellor Deaton authority to explore realignment and make a decision on his own.

I sincerely doubt we announce we're going the SEC tomorrow, but it's certainly not out of the realm of possibility.

Everyone is looking for special insight. The fact that the curators meeting is in St. Louis tomorrow is particularly odd. One conspiracy theory is that they want some distance from the Columbia media and that St. Louis is more pro-SEC than Kansas City is. If Missouri announces it's going to the SEC tomorrow, the media fury in St. Louis will be much more celebratory. Columbia would be just as celebratory, but it's closer to KC and there's no place to hide in Columbia from all the media.

Missouri fans in KC are just as pro-SEC as other Missouri fans, but the KC media would fixate on the impact on the Big 12 tournament leaving town and the Border War rivalry.

Have heard that Mizzou is pushing for sharing of 3rd tier rights and a 10 year commit from all schools. This whole buyout thing just reeks of instability. While the B12 teams talk of large buyouts to increase 'stability', the SEC has a buyout of $0. That's stability, not this forced 'stability' under a heavy-handed buyout.
Old 10-03-2011, 09:45 PM   #5621
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Dola......

This should make for an interesting meeting. Sounds like the athletic department may win the battle with the academics. This poster gets info from the football staff. Also have heard that the high level donors are ready to pledge enough money for the buyout and also give around $150-160M towards a football stadium expansion if the SEC move happens...........

Missouri Tigers Athletics :: Mizzou College Sports :: TigerBoard.com :: What I know

Quote:
What I know

The SEC is on the docket for tomorrow. Strongly opposed by some members in the admin. However, there is a faction that will get this done. Most of the academics are opposed due to the fact of the financial support the football program will need to remain competitive in the SEC. The new revenues will need to be dumped directly back into the football program, and the academics already dont like how much we are spending in this arena or how much GP is making. Football staff is firmly on board and leading charge. Alden is on board. Deaton sides with the academic faction. Per my source, there is enough leverage in the pro SEC faction to make the move. Deaton was working feverishly to get concessions that would appease the pro SEC faction. Not attainable. Texas wont budge. No fear of litigation, and "buyout" fees are already lined up per boosters.

All signs point SEC unless Deaton can pull a rabbit out of his hat, and at this point looks highly unlikely. Intention will be clear after BOC meeting.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:23 PM   #5622
DeToxRox
Head Coach

GoldAndBlueZone Gold And Blue Zone
I'm nervous until papers are signed, but to say things look good would be a huge understatement! #wvutosec #wvu #sec

valleyshook Paul Katt
A great rumbling from the North, and the Moonshine beacon is being lit (or just exploded.) Word is the Mountain folk are making a move.

Mountaineer ✔ WV Mountaineer
Patience everyone.... THE source of all sources is reporting a done deal. Which media outlet will get the leak first?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2011, 11:28 PM   #5623
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

So, is the SEC going for 14 or 16?
Old 10-03-2011, 11:39 PM   #5624
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
GoldAndBlueZone Gold And Blue Zone
I'm nervous until papers are signed, but to say things look good would be a huge understatement! #wvutosec #wvu #sec

valleyshook Paul Katt
A great rumbling from the North, and the Moonshine beacon is being lit (or just exploded.) Word is the Mountain folk are making a move.

Mountaineer ✔ WV Mountaineer
Patience everyone.... THE source of all sources is reporting a done deal. Which media outlet will get the leak first?

Everything I've seen is that WVU gets a spot regardless of what Mizzou decides if they want it.
Old 10-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #5625
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Everything I've seen is that WVU gets a spot regardless of what Mizzou decides if they want it.

Most likely correct. WVU people are hearing Mizzou is staying, but it's not decided for certain yet. If Mizzou decides to go to the SEC then the SEC likely goes after an ACC team to pair with them.

News about WVU should start coming out tomorrow or Wednesday. WVU media hasn't been very interested in this story so it's been slow to get out.

I'm still in the "I can't believe this is happening" stage and probably will be until it's officially announced.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:55 AM   #5626
MacroGuru
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Most likely correct. WVU people are hearing Mizzou is staying, but it's not decided for certain yet. If Mizzou decides to go to the SEC then the SEC likely goes after an ACC team to pair with them.

News about WVU should start coming out tomorrow or Wednesday. WVU media hasn't been very interested in this story so it's been slow to get out.

I'm still in the "I can't believe this is happening" stage and probably will be until it's officially announced.

This combined with the rumors of a presser from BYU that is supposed to happen Wednesday, makes it all interesting to me..
Old 10-04-2011, 06:52 AM   #5627
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Guys I haven't had time to really check this thread the last few weeks... does Mizzou still hold all the cards?
Old 10-04-2011, 06:57 AM   #5628
Ksyrup

Mizzou will officially announce this afternoon that they are moving to the BigPac10ACC12SEC16 on the first app developed exclusively for the iPhone5.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 AM   #5629
miked
College Starter

The addition of WVU should greatly improve SEC academics.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:31 AM   #5630
Swaggs
Coordinator

I'm not sure if many folks care, but the Big East seems to be looking to add Navy and Air Force as football only members. There are also a handful of articles suggesting that Temple, UCF, and SMU are on the radar.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 08:34 AM   #5631
Ksyrup

Didn't USF's president come out and declare that the Big East would not accept schools from states where they already had members? I don't know if that was edict from the league that they had agreed to, or a way to try to shut down the UCF rumors.

Last edited by Ksyrup : 10-04-2011 at 08:34 AM.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:39 AM   #5632
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Reports this morning on local radio.

1. Chuck Neinas flew into St. Louis this morning to meet with Deaton before the Board of Curators meeting. Pretty unorthodox move by a commish if you're 'sure they're staying'.

2. Mike Alden will be in the BOC meeting today. Very rare to see that. Usually just Deaton. Given that Alden is the AD, there are thoughts that the athletic department feels they will get a positive move towards the SEC today.
Old 10-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #5633
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

dola

MU BOC meeting is complete. Reporters are expecting comments shortly. Press conference will be streamed on local Columbia website when it begins.

Streaming Newscast

Edit: TV feed is getting hammered. www.810whb.com might be a better option for good feed.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-04-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:28 PM   #5634
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

From Jake Trotter (covers OU on ESPN).....

Quote:
Have no idea what Missouri is about to announce. But I have been told that Sunday's call among Big 12 presidents "did not go well."

Also, someone posted the media call-in number for the press conference on Tigerboard.com. As a result, a bunch of idiots are now on the call chanting 'SEC! SEC! SEC!'.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:44 PM   #5635
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
From Jake Trotter (covers OU on ESPN).....

Also, someone posted the media call-in number for the press conference on Tigerboard.com. As a result, a bunch of idiots are now on the call chanting 'SEC! SEC! SEC!'.

What is your handle over on tigerboard?
panerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #5636
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by panerd View Post
What is your handle over on tigerboard?

I'm not involved in all that if that's what you're asking.

Don't post much there anymore, though I do watch it quite a bit.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-04-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #5637
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I'm not involved in all that if that's what you're asking.

Don't post much there anymore, though I do watch it quite a bit.

I was just wondering. Have never seen Mizzou Basketball Fan post and didn't know if you went by something else. I have been a member there since the days of AOL but find the crowd a bit irrational sometimes. I got mob voted once for saying how good a couple of the 1980's Tiger teams were. Don't really understand the crowd there sometimes.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:37 PM   #5638
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A view of the LHN from an Oklahoma perspective:

Big 12 administrators should blame Longhorn Network mess on themselves | NewsOK.com
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:06 PM   #5639
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Mizzou is all but gone. Permission to consider other conferences granted by board.

Last edited by Mizzou B-ball fan : 10-04-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #5640
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

MU Chancellor Deaton steps down as chairman of the Big 12 board of directors.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #5641
MJ4H
Coordinator

lol at waiting all that time for a press conference to announce they are "exploring their options"
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:10 PM   #5642
digamma
Torchbearer

So the Mizzou announcement was like a tree falling in the woods? Or the Cardinals are playing? Or it didn't happen? Or they have a Big Ten game this weekend? Or what?
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:12 PM   #5643
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ4H View Post
lol at waiting all that time for a press conference to announce they are "exploring their options"

This is a drastic turn by the MU staff. They have repeated the 'proud members' mantra for some time now. Most have said that anything but a 'proud members' comment means that Mizzou is leaving the conference.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #5644
MJ4H
Coordinator

Great. FOR WHERE? They'd be total idiots to stay in that dumpster fire conference.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #5645
panerd
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Well I agree with them. They basically said fuck you to OU, OSU, Texas, TTech who tried to leave to Pac-12 and then wanted everyone to pledge to Big 12 once they were rejected. Specifically mentioned in press conference.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:14 PM   #5646
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Great. FOR WHERE? They'd be total idiots to stay in that dumpster fire conference.

The offer is from the SEC.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:15 PM   #5647
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Missouri Curators Vote to Explore Leaving Big 12 - ABC News
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #5648
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:
The offer is from the SEC.

So they are going to the SEC? Why did they not say that? What are they waiting for?
Old 10-04-2011, 07:23 PM   #5649
digamma
Torchbearer

If that happens, it's totally going to tip the balance of power in the SEC from an even split with the Bulldogs to the Tigers.

Watch out Fresno State, Gonzaga, Yale, The Citadel, South Carolina State and Butler...Georgia and Mississippi state need you!
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #5650
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
So they are going to the SEC? Why did they not say that? What are they waiting for?

The entire process will take several days. They have to leave the B12, apply to the SEC, be accepted into the SEC, and they officially accept. It's the same process that A&M went through, though it should be much shorter now that the litigation threats shouldn't crop back up.