Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2020, 03:15 PM   #5551
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
Woohoo for the Federal Court rejecting the Texas lawsuit! I had seen that they were already geared up to locate those voters today if judge had thrown out the votes. Glad they don't have to do it now.

There were some other important nuggets from the case

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

Old 11-02-2020, 03:33 PM   #5552
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Judge Hanan has been known for being a pretty partisan judge. So... it's a good thing that he's basically saying early voting drive thru voting is protected and telling folks to not do it on election day because they may have problems. He could have just not said that part and let people get surprised who voted on election day.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:40 PM   #5553
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Spoiler: that's only because the USPS didn't deliver any of your mail

SI

GASP!
Old 11-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #5554
Thomkal
Head Coach

Yeah I mean I won't be surprised if the Republicans try again in Texas, but I think they are unlikely to succeed given this ruling
Old 11-02-2020, 04:05 PM   #5555
JPhillips
Hall Of Famer

GA African American 65+ is already at 124% of 2016 total.

Turnout is going to be crazy in some states.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:32 PM   #5556
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

FL is at 69% Biden. It hasn't been that high previously, has it?
Old 11-02-2020, 04:44 PM   #5557
Ben E Lou

OK, so I wasn't crazy. It was 61% a few days ago...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
Biden has a number of reasonable paths to victory--some that don't include PA. Here's on where he loses PA (85% win per 538), FL (61), GA (50), IA (50), and AZ (66), but still wins.
Also from this post....

PA: 85-->85
FL: 61-->69
GA: 50-->56
IA: 50-->39
AZ: 66-->68

Also pretty sure NC has gone up from a few days ago. It's at 65% now. Definite upward Biden trend in the southeast. Related to black voter turnout perhaps?
Old 11-02-2020, 04:50 PM   #5558
RainMaker
Hall Of Famer

I saw that turnout in red counties in Florida was way up too so not sure if Biden can count on sheer volume there. Plus we know Florida is going to do some wonky shit.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:51 PM   #5559
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Also pretty sure NC has gone up from a few days ago. It's at 65% now. Definite upward Biden trend in the southeast. Related to black voter turnout perhaps?

I assumed their model was just polling. If it doesn't include turnout, the massive black voter turnout (esp older black folk) is going to really help Biden a ton in NC and GA.
Old 11-02-2020, 04:55 PM   #5560
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
I assumed their model was just polling. If it doesn't include turnout, the massive black voter turnout (esp older black folk) is going to really help Biden a ton in NC and GA.

I'm not sure offhand what makes up the fundamentals they use, but they've been taken out by now and it's pretty much just state level polling right now.

The only good poll that hasn't been in Biden's favor in Florida recently is an ABC/WA Post poll that has Trump up 2.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:02 PM   #5561
bhlloy
Coordinator

Closer it gets to the election it becomes pure polling rather than weighting by incumbency and other factors (e.g. economic) IIRC... so this would be expected assuming Biden's poll #'s haven't taken a dive.

I actually am a lot less bullish on FL, TX and NC than I was a week ago, but maybe that's just the nerves talking. 2016 it was pretty clear early on from PA numbers that Clinton was in serious trouble and I expect it to be the same this year... should be relatively simple to extrapolate from what has been counted and when in PA if this will be a laugher or if it's going to play out in the courts. I can't see any inbetween.
Old 11-02-2020, 05:13 PM   #5562
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

The fact that the Republican Speaker of the House in Texas argued against the case, as well as Ben Ginsburg, a former speaker filed a brief against the suit tells you how much they no shot of winning.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Old 11-02-2020, 06:13 PM   #5563
Ben E Lou

Ok, I giggled.

Old 11-02-2020, 06:49 PM   #5564
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Aubrey been Huffin' something, alright. Although it's amazing how many Trumpists believe this is going to be a landslide for Trump.

M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-02-2020, 07:11 PM   #5565
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

I'm back from my final honk and wave plus guerilla sign posting plus dinner at skyline.

So....I did a lot of little honk and wave rallies. Some in burb Sharonville. like 3 but mostly NE in Mason in Warren County which is more of a solid red county and HEAVILY gerymandered so that half of blue hamilton has to be in the same place as mostly red warren county. Yes VERY stupid.

One thing I noticed is that at at least 4 of the honk and waves that I did, there was at least one asshole trumper that showed up with a trump flag. This is not coincidence. They have been given marching orders to be full on obxnoxious and go aftger any biden groups. I never saw ONE trump honk and wave or anything. Like...why don't they sread their own positive message somewhere. Oh yeah because all they do is bully. We need to vote that sentiment out of this country.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:38 PM   #5566
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
Aubrey been Huffin' something, alright. Although it's amazing how many Trumpists believe this is going to be a landslide for Trump.

hey! that's like mine only a differnt color! She copied my idea!~ I'm suing!
Old 11-02-2020, 07:42 PM   #5567
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonFox View Post
hey! that's like mine only a differnt color! She copied my idea!~ I'm suing!

It is a guy. Played baseball for the giants and he is certifiably insane. His twitter feed is legit frightening.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:44 PM   #5568
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
It is a guy. Played baseball for the giants and he is certifiably insane. His twitter feed is legit frightening.

No I really think it is a little girl
Old 11-02-2020, 07:47 PM   #5569
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:

He's a great example of a shy Trump voter.
Old 11-02-2020, 07:48 PM   #5570
kingfc22
Head Coach

He’s a certifiable asshole
Old 11-02-2020, 07:55 PM   #5571
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
He's a great example of a shy Trump voter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22 View Post
He’s a certifiable asshole

Sometimes things just line up perfectly, doncha think?
Old 11-02-2020, 08:01 PM   #5572
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

A shy trump voter is the kind that says things like "Both sides spread misinformation"
like my bitch of a sister
Old 11-02-2020, 08:18 PM   #5573
GrantDawg

James Carville is saying it is going to be over by 10pm. He predicts a Biden landslide. The Good Lord knows I hope he is right.

Old 11-02-2020, 08:31 PM   #5574
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
James Carville is saying it is going to be over by 10pm. He predicts a Biden landslide. The Good Lord knows I hope he is right.

Heard this today. I think he said Biden is going to win NC and FL and it will be over early
Old 11-02-2020, 08:39 PM   #5575
Thomkal
Head Coach

So Aubrey, the one state Trump has railed against the most ever since 2016, where his advice for the forest fires there was to rake the forests, and he turned down (I think) the Governor's request for disaster aid for the latest fires is suddenly going to join the Trump cult?

Man I can't wait to see your twitter feed tomorrow
Old 11-02-2020, 08:45 PM   #5576
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomkal View Post
So Aubrey, the one state Trump has railed against the most ever since 2016, where his advice for the forest fires there was to rake the forests, and he turned down (I think) the Governor's request for disaster aid for the latest fires is suddenly going to join the Trump cult?

Man I can't wait to see your twitter feed tomorrow

We will see the word rigged a lot
Old 11-02-2020, 09:54 PM   #5577
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Old 11-02-2020, 10:04 PM   #5578
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

https://www.facebook.com/matt.lovell...25359111830102
Old 11-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #5579
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

Aubrey Huff is a world class douche bag, I would love to give him a free BJJ lesson!
Old 11-02-2020, 10:36 PM   #5580
JediKooter
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Aubrey Huff is a world class douche bag, I would love to give him a free BJJ lesson!

I was about to say, whoa there tiger, but, then I saw the second 'j'.

Coming this summer to a movie theater near you: The Adventures of Jedikooter: Part 4
Old 11-02-2020, 10:39 PM   #5581
bhlloy
Coordinator

Tonight feels very much like the calm before the storm... maybe it's the meds I'm taking for my back. I hope I'm wrong but feels like the next month+ is going to be written about in history books no matter what happens.
Old 11-02-2020, 10:56 PM   #5582
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediKooter View Post
I was about to say, whoa there tiger, but, then I saw the second 'j'.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:12 AM   #5583
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

Quote:
OK, so I wasn't crazy. It was 61% a few days ago...Also from this post....

PA: 85-->85
FL: 61-->69
GA: 50-->56
IA: 50-->39
AZ: 66-->68

see this is what I never understood. How both Louisiana and Mississippi and like all these deep south states are always red when I thought they had quite a heavy african american and probably latino population. Am I wrong?
Have I watched too much TV?
Old 11-03-2020, 12:23 AM   #5584
CrimsonFox
Head Coach

so like have all democrats voted already? Is all that's left are republicans and old people that don't want to drive anywhere to the early voting polling stations and didn't trust mailin?
Old 11-03-2020, 12:54 AM   #5585
wustin
College Prospect

So these southeast spikes for biden is why all of a sudden these black and/or hip hop artists have started announcing their endorsements for trump? Trump is that desperate?
Old 11-03-2020, 01:59 AM   #5586
QuikSand
lolzcat

Honestly, I think they throw out a variety of flim flam in the last throes of an election cycle -- especially the stuff that they know really doesn't hold any water. The "Hunter Biden's laptop(s)" stuff is pretty clearly bullshit, so you don't unroll that in July when it can get picked apart and debunked -- you use it as a classic October Surprise, trying to get mileage of the same sort the "Comey letter" granted in the final days of the 2016 election. A sort of final argument that XXX is important, in case you're still trying to decide.

That said...I fully expect the Republican Party (whatever that even means now) to shift gears in its approach to minority communities, and try to reframe their policies as "pro-success." You connect with someone like, say, Lil' Wayne (to the extent there's any logic there i cannot translate) and you can get him behind you based on his thinking that he's primarily a millionaire rather than primarily a black man. He's not going to get pulled over by one of the right-empowered thug cops, he's not going to lose out on an educational opportunity due to a conservative court's elimination of diversity programs, he's not going to have his Section 8 housing voucher limited to rotten neighborhoods ... but he is going to enjoy a fat tax cut for the super rich, and he is going to appreciate more legal ways to make even more money off his lowest-paid underlings.

Cynicism aside, I think this is a productive line for a party that really doesn't advance traditional "minority issues." If Democrats are going to remain the party of government handouts (and they are), the downside is that exudes a future pinned to those programs. Republicans have a lane to argue to minority communities that they are about promoting opportunity and success... damn right they're the party of millionaires, don't you want to be one?
Old 11-03-2020, 05:16 AM   #5587
Ben E Lou

My map prediction. (I think Biden actually wins GA, but shenanigans prevail.)

Click the map to create your own at 270toWin.com

And yeah, there seems to be a fairly solid chance that NC and FL are called for Biden tonight, and that's that.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:31 AM   #5588
Racer
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
My map prediction. (I think Biden actually wins GA, but shenanigans prevail.)

Click the map to create your own at 270toWin.com

And yeah, there seems to be a fairly solid chance that NC and FL are called for Biden tonight, and that's that.

That's my prediction map as well minus Maine-2 going to Biden.

Last edited by Racer : 11-03-2020 at 05:32 AM.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:45 AM   #5589
Ben E Lou

Just re-ran the maps based on what's likely to be reported tonight. It's reasonable that Biden could get to 283 or 284 tonight (needs FL + either GA or NC to do that.) Trump's 11/3 ceiling looks like 248 from where I'm sitting, and that would mean him winning NC, FL, GA, TX, and OH tonight, then we'd probably have to wait on AZ (sounds like Wed morning,) and then whenever MI and PA finish. In that scenario, it's 243-238 Trump tonight, and 2 outta 3 wins the election for either side.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:53 AM   #5590
Kodos
Resident Alien

On Morning Joe, they seemed to think Texas is really in play for Democrats. We’ll see.
Old 11-03-2020, 05:55 AM   #5591
Ben E Lou

So, here's a fun thought: it's not out of the realm of possibility that the FAKE NEWS ends the night with the race uncalled, but OANN calls it for Trump and he claims victory based on that.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:12 AM   #5592
GrantDawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuikSand View Post
Honestly, I think they throw out a variety of flim flam in the last throes of an election cycle -- especially the stuff that they know really doesn't hold any water. The "Hunter Biden's laptop(s)" stuff is pretty clearly bullshit, so you don't unroll that in July when it can get picked apart and debunked -- you use it as a classic October Surprise, trying to get mileage of the same sort the "Comey letter" granted in the final days of the 2016 election. A sort of final argument that XXX is important, in case you're still trying to decide.
They definitely had a big plan for October, which included the lap top and the Durham report, along with an early vaccine announcement. The lap top and a damning report from Durham along with what they hoped would be an indictment would put them over the top.
Of course the problem was Durham found nothing Durham Investigation: How Trump’s October Surprise Went Bust. Then the FDA and the CDC made clear they were definitely not approving an early vaccine candidate. All they had left was the laptop. I am sure they were still surprised they couldn't get any traction from the main stream media on the story.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:19 AM   #5593
GrantDawg

Ummmmm....what?
Old 11-03-2020, 06:29 AM   #5594
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Ummmmm....what?

Assuming they are for possible violence, seems prudent to me.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:31 AM   #5595
Edward64
Head Coach

I just want to say "thank the gods that this f*cking day is finally here".
Old 11-03-2020, 06:45 AM   #5596
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

So my GOP friends/co-workers who feel confident Trump is going to win are pointing to RealClearPolitics poll averages, which have the races way tighter than any of the poll averages I've seen anywhere else. I don't have much context for RCP - are they a GOP lean site, are they averaging in crappy polls that others leave out? What gives?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Old 11-03-2020, 06:46 AM   #5597
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Speaking of October Surprises that never arose, my "Will Obama face charges before Nov. 3" bet on PredictIt finally resolved to NO at midnight.

At 3c, I thought it was worth betting on Trump to be just petty enough to do it.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:47 AM   #5598
Butter
Coordinator

I was reading something yesterday that referred to RCP as a right-leaning site, but I could've been reading it on a left-leaning site. So.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:57 AM   #5599
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post
I was reading something yesterday that referred to RCP as a right-leaning site, but I could've been reading it on a left-leaning site. So.

RCP has always been right leaning but credible.

That has apparently changed.

If you click this tweet, he goes on to explain

Last edited by albionmoonlight : 11-03-2020 at 06:58 AM.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:59 AM   #5600
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola:

I guess RCP might have made the (probably correct) financial decision that there's more clicks to be had as part of the right-wing media ecosystem than the mainstream media.
Closed Thread