Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-13-2009, 09:13 AM   #501
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
OMG someone say something!

No doubt - I'm not sure what has been going on this game in terms of the non-posting by a bunch of players but it has been pretty strange.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 09:16 AM   #502
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

VOTE DT

I think there's a chance DT and lerriuqs are both wolves personally.
JAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

a wolf? who's a wolf?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:13 AM   #504
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm also not sure what to make of the fact that both Lerriuqs and DT were involved in a close vote yesterday yet neither one of them has posted since the Scotty event yesterday. You would think that if they had some kind of role that they might choose to reveal that info rather than have us go down the path towards lynching them again today.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:14 AM   #505
hoopsguy
General Manager

I stand corrected, DT has now posted while I was in the middle of crafting post #504.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:24 AM   #506
hoopsguy
General Manager

OK, time to work up a trust list. Mainly to work through my own thoughts, but I won't mind if it gets at least a little bit of conversation going in this thread. This is an interesting exercise without any meaningful voting records so far.

Absolute trust - me (duh)

Some trust:
1. JAG - he brought up Scotty issue in thread earlier, does not seem like it makes sense for wolves to advertise what they might do later. Also did not seem locked into KWhit vs Hoops on Day 2, when wolves would have been happy to have two non-wolves in the vote showdown.
2. Jackal - seems to have been more trusting of me than the average bear. I suppose this could be read multiple ways since the wolves know I'm a villager, but for today I'm giving him a pass in terms of critical review.
3. Schmidty - claimed vanilla villager early on, so far all of the others who have done so and died have in fact been vanilla villagers. Along same lines of Jackal, I just think there are better candidates for today.

Some distrust:
1. Darth Vilus - KWhit voted for me over him on Day 2, and KWhit knows the wolves. My impressions of DV as a villager is that he has an agenda, but his posts up to this point don't seem like he is, to paraphrase OJ, "looking for the real killers"
2. Dubb - I get the sense that he really does not have time for this. Low post count, lack of visibility in thread make him tougher than normal to analyze.

Major distrust:
1. DT/Lerriuqs - KWhit voter theory that I've discussed over and over again.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:25 AM   #507
hoopsguy
General Manager

I missed Clap in the earlier list. I would have him in the some distrust theory, but the reasons for distrusting him are somewhat metagamish and I'm going to hold off on exploring them any further for now. Barring a seer call-out, he is not the person I'm looking to vote for today.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #508
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

what about everyone else hoops?

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 10:31 AM   #509
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
I missed Clap in the earlier list. I would have him in the some distrust theory, but the reasons for distrusting him are somewhat metagamish and I'm going to hold off on exploring them any further for now. Barring a seer call-out, he is not the person I'm looking to vote for today.
u dont trust me for metagame reasons? :'(

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 10:34 AM   #510
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm just busy at work. And I don't really have much to say...the noose is tightening around my neck.

I think you should all vote for lerriuqs, but that's primarily to save my own skin.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:37 AM   #511
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
OK, time to work up a trust list. Mainly to work through my own thoughts, but I won't mind if it gets at least a little bit of conversation going in this thread. This is an interesting exercise without any meaningful voting records so far.

Absolute trust - me (duh)

Some trust:
1. JAG - he brought up Scotty issue in thread earlier, does not seem like it makes sense for wolves to advertise what they might do later. Also did not seem locked into KWhit vs Hoops on Day 2, when wolves would have been happy to have two non-wolves in the vote showdown.
2. Jackal - seems to have been more trusting of me than the average bear. I suppose this could be read multiple ways since the wolves know I'm a villager, but for today I'm giving him a pass in terms of critical review.
3. Schmidty - claimed vanilla villager early on, so far all of the others who have done so and died have in fact been vanilla villagers. Along same lines of Jackal, I just think there are better candidates for today.

Some distrust:
1. Darth Vilus - KWhit voted for me over him on Day 2, and KWhit knows the wolves. My impressions of DV as a villager is that he has an agenda, but his posts up to this point don't seem like he is, to paraphrase OJ, "looking for the real killers"
2. Dubb - I get the sense that he really does not have time for this. Low post count, lack of visibility in thread make him tougher than normal to analyze.

Major distrust:
1. DT/Lerriuqs - KWhit voter theory that I've discussed over and over again.

My list is basically the same, with the following exceptions:

1. Swap myself for you
2. Entry for hoops - If he's a wolf, then there must be some odd reason we're reading almost everything this game the same way.
3. Schmidty is on top of the neutral list above clap (basically he hasn't done much this game to prove himself one way or another). If Darth is not a wolf, I think there is an excellent chance clap is because of how the D1 voting went (as I've explained ad nauseum).
4. I switch dubb and Darth, not really based on anything more than feelings about their posts at this point. If one of DT / lerriuqs is not a wolf, I would feel worse about dubb.
Old 11-13-2009, 11:24 AM   #512
The Jackal
Coordinator

I'm going to make my vote fairly early today because I'm going to be working from 4-11 without internet access.
The Jackal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:59 AM   #513
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
I'm also not sure what to make of the fact that both Lerriuqs and DT were involved in a close vote yesterday yet neither one of them has posted since the Scotty event yesterday. You would think that if they had some kind of role that they might choose to reveal that info rather than have us go down the path towards lynching them again today.

Well, I've been waffling over a reveal for a day or two now, but if it helps. I'm Evil McCoy. Haven't had much luck saving anyone but I've been trying...
lerriuqs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 12:12 PM   #514
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

With that said. I think DT's a wolf.

Vote DT
Old 11-13-2009, 12:22 PM   #515
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post
Well, I've been waffling over a reveal for a day or two now, but if it helps. I'm Evil McCoy. Haven't had much luck saving anyone but I've been trying...

It's useful if:

1. You're telling the truth (of course)
2. If the Evil Nurse Chapel is in the game since that role would now know any of your previous statements should come back true.

In fact, I wonder if some of the reason for the lack of posts is that wolves are afraid that role is in the game and making too many statements that could be truth / false'd would leave them in danger of being revealed.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:26 PM   #516
Schmidty
Coordinator

UNVOTE LLERIUQS

VOTE DT
Old 11-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #517
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

who me? bahhh
Old 11-13-2009, 12:33 PM   #518
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
If the seer does happen to be on at the deadline I would seriously consider a post at one minute after the deadline in the event that they are getting taken out tonight.

I think this advice hold true even more strongly today with the diminishing group of players and the likelihood that the wolves have a good percent chance to take down the seer today with the combination of Good Kirk scanning for roles and NK'ing players that Kirk has yet to scan.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:35 PM   #519
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Add to that the possibility that DT could be a brutal which would give them an extra shot at hitting the seer.
Old 11-13-2009, 12:37 PM   #520
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

who says i'm even a wolf?
Old 11-13-2009, 12:43 PM   #521
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

hoops, I have a question re: your post 476, just because one part of it bugs me:

Quote:
2.) If you have scanned me, then hopefully you trust me by now. If you have not scanned me I would think it is probably a good idea to do so to build a trust list unless you have a very strong feeling on a wolf

Why does this make sense?

1. It's far better if the seer finds us a wolf, no?
2. If they scanned anyone that wasn't a wolf, wouldn't they be building a trust list?
Old 11-13-2009, 01:06 PM   #522
hoopsguy
General Manager

1. I'm absolutely fine with the seer scanning anyone else, as they have a much higher % chance of finding a wolf than they do when they scan me. But if the seer has not scanned me and does not trust my intentions in offering suggestions, I'm guessing they will want to get around to scanning me at some point in time.

2. Yep, but if you are picking villagers to scan (obviously the seer is picking targets, not knowing villager/wolf) then I think I make a fair amount of sense. I'm one of the KWhit voters and I've been advocating the theory on why we should go after that group. So the seer could determine my loyalties and not have misgivings about plans that I'm offering in the thread.

I would feel the same way for a scan on any villager that I thought was a thought leader in the thread, for what it is worth. Although those have been kind of hard to come by in a game that is on day 4 with just over 500 posts ...

Anyway, the post was not some kind of "cunning wolf" ploy to get scanned, although I can now see how it may have read like that in the context you have quoted. It was just an attempt to rationalize what I thought would be the best seer actions at the time.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:23 PM   #523
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Anyway, the post was not some kind of "cunning wolf" ploy to get scanned, although I can now see how it may have read like that in the context you have quoted. It was just an attempt to rationalize what I thought would be the best seer actions at the time.

I think that's exactly what it was based on my knowledge.

VOTE HOOPSGUY
Old 11-13-2009, 01:34 PM   #524
The Jackal
Coordinator

FYI JAG - the rules say Nurse Chapel wouldn't be able to correctly determine if McCoy was lying.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:42 PM   #525
hoopsguy
General Manager

Sure, DT. We'll see how that thought looks after the lynch today.

VOTE DADDYTORGO
Old 11-13-2009, 01:51 PM   #526
hoopsguy
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by lerriuqs View Post

Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of this reveal for a couple of reasons:
1.) It overlaps with the bodyguard role, to some extent. And we already know that the bodyguard was in the game.
2.) The authenticity of the reveal cannot be challenged by the Nurse, assuming that role is in the game.

Barring the role actually being in the game, it is a really good role for the wolves to bluff.

That does not mean you are lying, just that it is a little tougher to trust you at face value.
Old 11-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #527
JAG
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
FYI JAG - the rules say Nurse Chapel wouldn't be able to correctly determine if McCoy was lying.

Understood, which was what I implied:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
2. If the Evil Nurse Chapel is in the game since that role would now know any of your previous statements should come back true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rules re: Nursel Chapel
This ability will not work if used on a post by either the villager or wolf role of Doctor McCoy, as, good or evil, she is convinced McCoy is an honorable man and will not believe herself if she sees he is lying and will only report he told the truth.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:04 PM   #528
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Sure, DT. We'll see how that thought looks after the lynch today.

VOTE DADDYTORGO

we might
Old 11-13-2009, 02:37 PM   #529
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Quote:
Hmm, I'm not sure what to make of this reveal for a couple of reasons:
1.) It overlaps with the bodyguard role, to some extent. And we already know that the bodyguard was in the game.
2.) The authenticity of the reveal cannot be challenged by the Nurse, assuming that role is in the game.

Barring the role actually being in the game, it is a really good role for the wolves to bluff.

That does not mean you are lying, just that it is a little tougher to trust you at face value.

At this point in the game, why would I lie? The seer is still out there. I'm under suspicion. It'd be stupid to lie about it.
Old 11-13-2009, 02:38 PM   #530
lerriuqs
High School Varsity

Just another note, I'm likely out in about two to 2.5 hours for the day. I'll try to check in once or twice before then to see if anything else comes up...
Old 11-13-2009, 02:44 PM   #531
The Jackal
Coordinator

Alright, I have to go to work.

VOTE DT
Old 11-13-2009, 03:08 PM   #532
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

so we gonna have a runooff today or just go ahead and waste DT? I'm fine either way as long as DT is gone today, that sabotage was very unfortunate yesterday

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Darth Vilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:17 PM   #533
hoopsguy
General Manager

It pretty much looks like we are going to see DT removed, barring some major reversal over the last few hours. That kind of stuff is pretty rare late Friday afternoon/evening, but I suppose it could happen.
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #534
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

alrighty

VOTE DADDYTORGO

adios, you better be a wolf or hoops is shooting straight up my radar

"Tell me what you regard as your greatest strength, so I will know how best to undermine you; tell me of your greatest fear, so I will know which I must force you to face; tell me what you cherish most, so I will know what to take from you; and tell me what you crave, so that I might deny you…"
―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-13-2009, 03:19 PM   #535
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

time to bone up on my star trek knowledge

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-13-2009, 03:27 PM   #536
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

vote lerriqus

just dont want a runaway!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:28 PM   #537
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vilus View Post
time to bone up on my star trek knowledge

you do that and i'll bone something else
Old 11-13-2009, 03:30 PM   #538
Darth Vilus
College Benchwarmer

we'll see

―Darth Plagueis the Wise
Old 11-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #539
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

Cheif... send me the answer before you post the question... you know me! ill still get it wrong!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:31 PM   #540
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

I am getting the trivia question set now...

It's going to be slightly harder (but still not that hard).

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:33 PM   #541
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

*twiddling thumbs*
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #542
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

the answer is..... the only reason anyone ever watched startrek!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #543
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

the question... Deanna Troys rack!

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #544
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

All right, here is today's Trivia Question...

Name the two feature length movies in which the Enterprise was destroyed.

PM me your answer. First to get me the correct answer will receive the captain's access card.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 03:34 PM   #545
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
the answer is..... the only reason anyone ever watched startrek!

Jadzia Dax
Old 11-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #546
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

never heard of her...

and i submited the only 2 star trek movies i even knew had names....

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:37 PM   #547
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

bingo. done
Old 11-13-2009, 03:38 PM   #548
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

The answers:

Star Trek III: The Search for Spock
Star Trek: Generations
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #549
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

rly? i got one

i thought it blew up in empire strikes back?

GIT R DUN!!!
Old 11-13-2009, 03:39 PM   #550
hoopsguy
General Manager

Taking home one last prize for the wolves, DT?