Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-12-2009, 10:38 PM   #501
Izulde
Head Coach

Henne!!!

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:41 PM   #502
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

Where are alll the "Chad Henne sucks" people?
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #503
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

God damn Chad Henne is a muthafuckin pimp
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #504
Izulde
Head Coach

Come on Dolphins!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM   #505
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I'm Calling Henne to Bess to win the game.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #506
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

RONNIE BROWN IS A PIMP MOFO TOO!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #507
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #508
Izulde
Head Coach

RONNIE BROWN WILDCAT TD!!!

Old 10-12-2009, 10:43 PM   #509
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Amazing drive

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #510
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Yea, I agree with above, the Dolphins might be the funnest team to watch in the NFL when they are clicking.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #511
DataKing
Pro Rookie

WOOT!
Diablo III (BattleTag: DataKing#1685)
Allegiances:
Chicago Bears - Detroit Red Wings - Kansas Jayhawks
Awards:
2011 Golden Scribe - Other Sports Category (The Straight(away) and Narrow - A Forza Motorsport 3 Dynasty)
DataKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:44 PM   #512
miami_fan
Coordinator

OUTSTANDING!!!
"The blind soldier fought for me in this war. The least I can do now is fight for him. I have eyes. He hasn’t. I have a voice on the radio, he hasn’t. I was born a white man. And until a colored man is a full citizen, like me, I haven’t the leisure to enjoy the freedom that colored man risked his life to maintain for me. I don’t own what I have until he owns an equal share of it. Until somebody beats me and blinds me, I am in his debt."- Orson Welles August 11, 1946
miami_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #513
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Yea, I agree with above, the Dolphins might be the funnest team to watch in the NFL when they are clicking.

Yeha. I was totally rooting for them tonight. And not just because of Pat White, but a bit.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:45 PM   #514
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Chad Henne looks good at QB...addition via subtraction.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #515
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Sanchise is gonna have to wing it.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #516
TroyF
Coordinator

Henne is impressing the hell out of me.

The Jets on the other hand, aren't. I thought the defense was supposed to be good. 31 points and 400+ yards? Revis torched multiple times tonight? Up 4 with your defense out there to close the deal? I'm sorry. That D needs more work before you can book your Super Bowl tickets Rex.

One other thing: I think all of the stories on the death of the wildcat from early this year just might have been a bit premature.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #517
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Alright~! Dolphins baby!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #518
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

And Sanchez with the Pennington arm

Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #519
Radii
Head Coach

So this Jets defense held the Saints to 10 offensive points last week? Gotta love the NFL

Very impressive win for Miami, and yeah, they are fun to watch when playing well for sure.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:47 PM   #520
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF View Post
Henne is impressing the hell out of me.

The Jets on the other hand, aren't. I thought the defense was supposed to be good. 31 points and 400+ yards? Revis torched multiple times tonight? Up 4 with your defense out there to close the deal? I'm sorry. That D needs more work before you can book your Super Bowl tickets Rex.

One other thing: I think all of the stories on the death of the wildcat from early this year just might have been a bit premature.

Agreed, except I think the Jets D will be just fine this year.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM   #521
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Henne reminds me of another former Michigan QB who took over a team because of an injury and did really well. He really does. If Henne can even have half the success that Brady did than he will be a good QB for this team.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:49 PM   #522
Noop
Bonafide Seminole Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Henne reminds me of another former Michigan QB who took over a team because of an injury and did really well. He really does. If Henne can even have half the success that Brady did than he will be a good QB for this team.

This would make me happy.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #523
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Amazing.

This totally makes up for the Colts loss.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 PM   #524
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrymcg421 View Post
Amazing.

This totally makes up for the Colts loss.

That's exactly what I just told somebody.

Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 PM   #525
M GO BLUE!!!
Pro Starter

It just hit me... what if Miami had picked up Braylon Edwards? Woulda, shoulda, coulda...
M GO BLUE!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:55 PM   #526
larrymcg421
Head Coach

What an incredible game winning drive. Get the ball with 5:05 left. Score with :07 left. Doesn't get much better than that.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:42 PM   #527
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Football is awesome. So is Ronnie Brown. Maybe Chad Henne can be awesome too (yeah he's made two starts I know)? Ted Ginn didn't fuck up. I am so happy.

There's three tough games coming up in a row and this team really needs to improve the pass defense but what a great win tonight.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:49 AM   #528
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Miami has the personnel to run it. So many other teams are trying it with wrong personnel. The wildcat is more than just direct-snapping to the RB with the QB split wide, it has far more to do with having no clue if the guy getting the snap will direct run, pass, or hand off, and that means you have to watch all 11 guys, not just 10 and occasionally keep half an eye on the QB.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:52 AM   #529
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
If you've seen Russell play this year, you wouldn't have a second thought of putting him in the "worst QB's to ever start regularly" conversation.

That's what I was thinking when I brought up the worst QB ever issue. Whelihan has a special place in my heart as a bad QB, due to his facial expressions that conveyed a feeling of cluelessness I have never seen matched, but Russell has looked that bad this season. I think JaMarcus is too clueless to know he's clueless.

But, when looking at the numbers, I was stunned to see how average his second season was. Numbers wise, he was a long way from historical suckitude. And on a pretty bad team at that. Stunning, considering how high schoolish he has looked this year.

Last edited by Samdari : 10-13-2009 at 07:53 AM.
Samdari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:28 AM   #530
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
I think JaMarcus is too clueless to know he's clueless.

You may be on to something here. I think that JaMarcus believes he is a good QB, and that only makes his suckitude even more obvious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud
None of this shit is personal. It's the internet.
RomaGoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:56 AM   #531
Logan
Head Coach

Late to the party on the Dolphin jersey discussion, but tradition aside when you think about it, is orange really worse than teal?
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:14 AM   #532
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

I was never the biggest Chad Henne fan while he was at Michigan, but I'm very happy to see him play well. I always hope for the best for former fellow alumni.
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:18 AM   #533
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomaGoth View Post
You may be on to something here. I think that JaMarcus believes he is a good QB, and that only makes his suckitude even more obvious.
I can see why he'd believe it. Have any national commentators actually come out and said that he is not the answer? I always hear that it's Al Davis' fault or the offensive line's fault or the receivers' fault, but Jamarcus Russell has a big arm and can throw the ball into the Pacific Ocean from his knees while playing a road game at Kansas City. I mean, the kid just turned 24 a couple of months ago. I don't want all his confidence stripped away or anything, but he needs at least some dose of reality.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM   #534
Kodos
Resident Alien

Great game last night. I was happy to see the Fins pass out of the Wildcat a couple times. I think a variation where Pat White lines up as a viable WR would be pretty cool.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 AM   #535
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Have any national commentators actually come out and said that he is not the answer?

Uh, yeah. Pretty much anyone who comments on the Raiders. Anyone who has watched him play this season has drawn the conclusion that he's not an NFL QB. You could say "right now" too, given his obvious physical talents. But, with guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Sanchez all being a lot better than Russell right away, how long do most teams give someone to develop? It would be one thing if he was improving or showing signs of improvement, but if anything, he has regressed.

His play this season, and the resulting unwavering support from Cable clearly indicates to me that Al Davis still wants to be head coach. Kiffin's "insubordination" that got him fired was thinking that, as head coach, he got to determine the starting lineup, team strategies, etc. I'll bet he was fired midseason last year because he wanted to change QB's, against the wishes of the managing general partner. Cable got to keep his job because he had demonstrated he would be Davis' puppet. One thing I am sure of - any HC who felt he needed to win games to keep his job would be benching a QB with a 50 rating for whatever was on the bench. I think Cable's job depends on keeping Russell as the starter, or risk being fired for insubordination.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:58 AM   #536
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
One thing I am sure of - any HC who felt he needed to win games to keep his job would be benching a QB with a 50 rating for whatever was on the bench. I think Cable's job depends on keeping Russell as the starter, or risk being fired for insubordination.

So I wonder what sort of spell Mangini has over the Browns. He has said they are sticking with Derek Anderson, who currently has a QB rating of 39, and the rumor is that they are looking to move Brady Quinn.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:07 AM   #537
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Uh, yeah. Pretty much anyone who comments on the Raiders. Anyone who has watched him play this season has drawn the conclusion that he's not an NFL QB. You could say "right now" too, given his obvious physical talents. But, with guys like Ryan, Flacco, Stafford and Sanchez all being a lot better than Russell right away, how long do most teams give someone to develop? It would be one thing if he was improving or showing signs of improvement, but if anything, he has regressed.

His play this season, and the resulting unwavering support from Cable clearly indicates to me that Al Davis still wants to be head coach. Kiffin's "insubordination" that got him fired was thinking that, as head coach, he got to determine the starting lineup, team strategies, etc. I'll bet he was fired midseason last year because he wanted to change QB's, against the wishes of the managing general partner. Cable got to keep his job because he had demonstrated he would be Davis' puppet. One thing I am sure of - any HC who felt he needed to win games to keep his job would be benching a QB with a 50 rating for whatever was on the bench. I think Cable's job depends on keeping Russell as the starter, or risk being fired for insubordination.
Hm. I acknowledge that I must not have paid enough attention to the media this season. Perhaps I was thinking of how people say that he still has a lot of potential and still has room to grow. I don't recall hearing anyone say that he should just be benched or that he doesn't belong on an NFL field. So, yes, my perception is that people are only saying that he's not an NFL quarterback "right now." I haven't heard anyone in the media saying that he's not an NFL quarterback, period.

I do admit that people may be saying it, but I'm just not hearing it.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:16 AM   #538
molson
General Manager

Quote:
Even die hard fans like me had this team at 5-11.

In the NFL predictions thread I thought they'd have a better record than the Bears. I don't follow the Broncos super-closely but why was everyone so negative? Was it just Cutler leaving? I think Cutler is overrated, and that people were WAY to fast to write them off based on that trade, so they were an easy "over" pick for me in wins, especially considering that division.

Anyway, I pull for the Broncos every week this season except when they played the Pats, because I think Cutler is a giant douche, and I've love to see the team succeed without him.
molson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:27 AM   #539
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by molson View Post
In the NFL predictions thread I thought they'd have a better record than the Bears. I don't follow the Broncos super-closely but why was everyone so negative?

A lot of it had to do with them having a horrendous defense for the past X years (I really don't know how long) and not really bringing in much new personnel to fix it. Their defense this season is much more a revelation than their offense - which kept at least a competent QB and very good personnel pretty much everywhere else.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 AM   #540
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Hm. I acknowledge that I must not have paid enough attention to the media this season. Perhaps I was thinking of how people say that he still has a lot of potential and still has room to grow. I don't recall hearing anyone say that he should just be benched or that he doesn't belong on an NFL field. So, yes, my perception is that people are only saying that he's not an NFL quarterback "right now." I haven't heard anyone in the media saying that he's not an NFL quarterback, period.

I do admit that people may be saying it, but I'm just not hearing it.

Cowherd has said it, as have Trent Dilfer and Mike Golic. Not that what any of these guys say usually matters, but they have pointed out how terrible Russell is and that he should not be starting for the Raiders.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 10:41 AM   #541
Matthean
Grizzled Veteran

I wonder if the Browns will now trade for Chad Pennington to help with their QB woes.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #542
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
So I wonder what sort of spell Mangini has over the Browns. He has said they are sticking with Derek Anderson, who currently has a QB rating of 39, and the rumor is that they are looking to move Brady Quinn.

2-17, 23 yards, 0 TD, 1 INT against the Bills in a 6-3 win. Wow. Just wow.

Quote:
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #543
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

All Derek Anderson does is win.

Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:57 AM   #544
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

I'm looking forward to that week 16 matchup with Oakland coming to Cleveland, but with my luck Anderson will be hurt and Russell will be benched by that time.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #545
RomaGoth
Favored Bitch #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729 View Post
I'm looking forward to that week 16 matchup with Oakland coming to Cleveland, but with my luck Anderson will be hurt and Russell will be benched by that time.

Could be a battle for the #2 pick.

Quote:

Last edited by RomaGoth : 10-13-2009 at 11:40 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 11:36 AM   #546
gstelmack
Pro Starter

Quote:

Maybe he's tanking for the #1 pick so he can get HIS quarterback in there next year?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:43 AM   #547
Kodos
Resident Alien

At which point, Mangini will already be gone.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:27 PM   #548
Travis
Pro Rookie

Probably a good thing for Quinn if he gets moved. Depending on the price tag I can't say I'd be terribly disappointed if Seattle picks him up. That said, I'm guessing at this point the price would still be more than I'd like to see them invest.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:55 PM   #549
Samdari
Roster Filler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Probably a good thing for Quinn if he gets moved. Depending on the price tag I can't say I'd be terribly disappointed if Seattle picks him up. That said, I'm guessing at this point the price would still be more than I'd like to see them invest.

His trade value in the offseason would be at best a conditional 2011 7th, the condition being him making the final 53 man roster.

You cannot tell the world on one hand that Derek Anderson (39/84, 46.4%, 4.6ypa, 1/5 TD/INT 39.0 rating) gives you the best chance to win, and on the other demand a price for Quinn.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:09 PM   #550
Travis
Pro Rookie

Quote:
His trade value in the offseason would be at best a conditional 2011 7th, the condition being him making the final 53 man roster.

You cannot tell the world on one hand that Derek Anderson (39/84, 46.4%, 4.6ypa, 1/5 TD/INT 39.0 rating) gives you the best chance to win, and on the other demand a price for Quinn.

Fair enough and obviously for that price I'd be completely on board.

That said, I'd be amazed if that's all they get in return for him. Not saying your logic doesn't make sense but I do tend to be way off in what I think will happen as far as trade compensation