Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-12-2008, 10:34 PM   #501
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
Uhhh...is it just me or is this only the ACC?

There are tabs at the bottom for all of the other conferences.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM   #502
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Where does one find tabs in excel 2007? I remember them in 2003.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:56 PM   #503
Ironhead
College Prospect

I have never worked with Excel 2007 but try this?

"They show by default, but if you click on the Office Button (top left round office icon) then click on Excel Options, then click Advanced on the left, scroll down until you see the heading Display Options for This workbook, you can toggle (check/uncheck) Show Sheet Tabs."
Old 07-13-2008, 10:47 AM   #504
Icy
Pro Starter

I should stop to follow this thread for a while as every time i read it i feel the urge of getting the game. My "problem" this year is that i'm right now living in a new apartment i bought close to the beach, mainly for holidays, and as it's a new buildings area, i'm afraid of ordering the game online from USA/Canada (only way to get it in Spain) using this new adress, as the postman might not be able to find it.

I'll be here until early August that i'll be back home for a week or two so... should I order it using this holidays adress to get it a few days after release, at the risk of the postman not being able to find me, or should i wait to order it when i get back home, that will mean to play it around 4 weeks after release, while reading all you enjoying it...

Life puts us on really tought situations and decissions to take

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 11:33 AM   #505
Ironhead
College Prospect

Alright, seems we are already past the initial hype stage so I'll be the alarmist. Some people are reporting having a lot of fun with the game but there is already a lot of trouble brewing.

First issue seems to be surrounding rosters. People with the game are reporting that editing rosters and equipment is causing the game to freeze and teams to start disappearing. These teams appear to be the ones near the end of the database (i.e. teams starting with the letter "W"). This is leading people to believe that by editing information the roster file gets to big and starts removing teams from the game to compensate.

Some people have reported issues with online dynasty as well with menus freezing and the game refusing to advance to the next week.

The kick/punt return coverage problems have been documented by Bill Abner already.

The defensive pass rush in the game seems to be practically non-existent and slider editing doesn't seem to be helping.

There have been issues where linebackers and defensive backs have been in position to make plays and have run away from the ball, or even worse, just completely stopped moving.

For more information all I can say is wade through the info over at OS.

Last edited by Ironhead : 07-13-2008 at 11:34 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:59 AM   #506
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I just read a review/interview of the PS2 version, and it doesn't sound too bad. They added supersim and a couple of minor improvements elsewhere, in addition to some Wii-style "Family play" options. I might have to upgrade from 07 to 09 this year - the wife needs something to get me for my birthday in a month, and maybe by then we'll know if the PS2 version is really worth getting.

If anyone sees comments/reviews about the PS2 version once the game is released, please post here. Thanks.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:23 PM   #507
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Alright, seems we are already past the initial hype stage so I'll be the alarmist. Some people are reporting having a lot of fun with the game but there is already a lot of trouble brewing.

First issue seems to be surrounding rosters. People with the game are reporting that editing rosters and equipment is causing the game to freeze and teams to start disappearing. These teams appear to be the ones near the end of the database (i.e. teams starting with the letter "W"). This is leading people to believe that by editing information the roster file gets to big and starts removing teams from the game to compensate.

Some people have reported issues with online dynasty as well with menus freezing and the game refusing to advance to the next week.

The kick/punt return coverage problems have been documented by Bill Abner already.

The defensive pass rush in the game seems to be practically non-existent and slider editing doesn't seem to be helping.

There have been issues where linebackers and defensive backs have been in position to make plays and have run away from the ball, or even worse, just completely stopped moving.

For more information all I can say is wade through the info over at OS.

Were you able to snag an early copy?
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #508
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU 14 View Post
Were you able to snag an early copy?

No - I passed on the opportunity because it meant going into a rough area of North Jersey to get it.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:32 PM   #509
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

FWIW, the main developer has posted many times on OS today. One of his posts say that they are going to attempt to expedite a patch that fixes the roster editing issues. They also want to fix multiple gameplay issues. Here is his post and he laters says that anything that he lists in the "muy importante" category is going to be patched if possible.

Here is the thread:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...sponse-ea.html

Here is his first post on the matter:

Hey guys.

Just wanted to let you know there definitely are folks looking into the following gameplay issues - we will be able to let you know very soon if they are patch-able (and hopefully when):

Muy Importante
- DL pass rush
- CPU QB percentages
- DB "stand straight up" issue
- Kick / Punt Returns are too easy
- Players in pursuit often turn the wrong way (see LB's on swing passes?)

Will Investigate
- Delay CPU snapping a few seconds
- CPU deep ball
- Rocket catch
- More penalties
- Substitution sliders

As for the crashes and stats disappearing and roster editing stuff and the like...keep in contact with Adam (OMT) on their status.

I will respond to this thread as soon as I hear anything.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-13-2008 at 01:33 PM.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:54 PM   #510
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Got my copy, playing now. It's devine.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 01:59 PM   #511
korme
Go Reds

How did you get it so early????
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 02:04 PM   #512
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by korme View Post
How did you get it so early????

A lovely store in Bowling Green
Old 07-13-2008, 03:59 PM   #513
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Got my copy, playing now. It's devine.

Like Noel Devine?
kingnebwsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #514
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Simmed a full season for stat reasons .. just some info (these stats include bowls)

Five QBs threw for 4000 + yards, the leader (Daniels) throwing for 4624
IRL last year Six QB's did, the leader (Harrell) throwing for 5705

Nine QB's threw for 40 + TD's, the leader (Daniels) throwing for 50 (only 2 QB's threw over 45 TDs)
IRL last year three QB's threw for 40+ TD's, the leader (Harrell) throwing for 48

No QB's threw 20 INT's, the leader threw 19
IRL last year 1 QB threw 20 INT, four threw 19

Seven RB's ran for 1500 + yards, the leader rushing for 1810
IRL last year 15 RB ran for 1500 + yards

Those are just a couple things I noticed. QB completion is really high though, as Abner pointed out.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:52 PM   #515
DeToxRox
Head Coach

About to test out online play now. I am #11 Clemson vs #1 UGA.

Already the fact we're playing in a monsoon is a nice touch.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:35 PM   #516
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Good to see people already know ways to cheat. All he did was put a guy in motion until he got behind the center then hot route him deep. So annoying
Old 07-13-2008, 05:38 PM   #517
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:
Good to see people already know ways to cheat. All he did was put a guy in motion until he got behind the center then hot route him deep. So annoying

Don't worry. Logan and I won't need to do that to beat Colorado silly.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:40 PM   #518
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I lost 49-32 to #1 UGA. It was 28-21 after the first half, when he started running no huddle, motioning the same WR behind center and hot routing him deep or for an out so no one could pick him up on coverage. Every single play.
Old 07-13-2008, 05:48 PM   #519
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
I lost 49-32 to #1 UGA. It was 28-21 after the first half, when he started running no huddle, motioning the same WR behind center and hot routing him deep or for an out so no one could pick him up on coverage. Every single play.

That's why I've never gotten into the on-line play and am cautiously optimistic about the on-line dynasty league here. I figure most of us aren't idiots but we'll see.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:17 PM   #520
DeToxRox
Head Coach

There was no lag fyi. It played any game vs the computer but there are only 1500 people online when I played.
Old 07-13-2008, 06:29 PM   #521
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
That's why I've never gotten into the on-line play and am cautiously optimistic about the on-line dynasty league here. I figure most of us aren't idiots but we'll see.

This league will be fine. I mean, this board is for gamers that value realism over anything else.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:30 PM   #522
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Agreed. If somebody in the league starts motioning WR's behind center and hot routing them to exploit some weird bug, they will be booted faster than you can say "devine".
Old 07-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #523
Galaxy
Coordinator

I never could figure out how to motion receivers in last year's game (I didn't know you could, unless it was included in the play).
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:36 PM   #524
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:

That's why the FOFC games are a lot of fun.

Last edited by Galaxy : 07-19-2008 at 09:56 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:38 PM   #525
Logan
Head Coach

You had to hold B I believe (360) which allows you to control someone other than the QB. Then you use the d-pad to move to your desired receiver, and if he is eligible to be put in motion, his circle will have an arrow pointing in the direction he can motion. Press in that direction and then hold B again to get back to the QB.

Sounds complicated but it's not...not sure if there's an easier way.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 07:41 PM   #526
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am toying with sliders. Kickoff power HAS to be at 100 for both, it helps minimize returns. That is the only concrete thing I have seen.

INTs have yet to be a concern. I throw them from time to time but they are only on ill advised throws.

All American seems really easy so far though, Heisman may have to be toyed with.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #527
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Played six games today. Won 4, lost 2. One loss online. Basically, this game feels awesome. Very smooth. The running game is hard because you don't get that initial burst like previous versions, so you need a good lane, or be able to cut, then you crank up the speed and hit the hole.

Throwing the ball is easier now then last year, at least so far, which is something that needs to be tweaked with sliders. Returns are out of control unless kickoff power is jacked up, then it's about right as far as realisim is concerned.

The better players are noticable. I played as USC vs Florida, and Percy Harvin took a bubble screen to the house. He just burned past everyone, it was sick.

Anyway, those are the initial impressions. I plan on tinkering with sliders more soon.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:19 PM   #528
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

Glad you got the game early man

I think we're about at the point for an official NCAA 09 impressions thread (boyz). It would not be good to keep this same thread going since we're 11 pages into it.

Reading OS is never good. Today's reading really put me on the fence of buying the game (and lean toward renting it for a long time). I'll probably end up buying...but damn if I wish there was a way I could do it without supporting EA. If only there was a used copy for sale at midnight tomorrow
Old 07-13-2008, 11:03 PM   #529
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
No - I passed on the opportunity because it meant going into a rough area of North Jersey to get it.

I would have just asked him to drive the Van closer to my house

I reserved mine at Game Crazy today, though I am not at all happy about the roster issues on the PS 3 version. Hopefully that will be a top priority along with the DL and wrong way pursuit issues.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-13-2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old 07-13-2008, 11:05 PM   #530
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Played six games today. Won 4, lost 2. One loss online. Basically, this game feels awesome. Very smooth. The running game is hard because you don't get that initial burst like previous versions, so you need a good lane, or be able to cut, then you crank up the speed and hit the hole.

Throwing the ball is easier now then last year, at least so far, which is something that needs to be tweaked with sliders. Returns are out of control unless kickoff power is jacked up, then it's about right as far as realisim is concerned.

The better players are noticable. I played as USC vs Florida, and Percy Harvin took a bubble screen to the house. He just burned past everyone, it was sick.

Anyway, those are the initial impressions. I plan on tinkering with sliders more soon.

We need some video posted bro....
Old 07-14-2008, 07:34 AM   #531
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Is it safe to say Bill Abner will not be receiving a copy early next year?

Yeah, he posted some interesting videos in his latest post. RB jukes out of bounds with no one nearby. Also, a LB just runs straight out of bounds after an interception with no one even close to him. I'm guessing he had an intelligence rating of zero or something.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/2008/0...nfused-lb.html
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 02:16 PM   #532
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Couple more videos from Bill Abner. Yet another ghost juke in the first one.

http://nutweasel.blogspot.com/2008/0...a-09-vids.html
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 03:41 PM   #533
rowech
Pro Starter

For God's sake guys...buy the game or don't. It's just old at this point. Everyone knows what the game will be and what it won't be.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:00 PM   #534
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
For God's sake guys...buy the game or don't. It's just old at this point. Everyone knows what the game will be and what it won't be.

I disagree, seeing as the game isn't out yet.

Usually there is a honeymoon period of around two to three weeks before you see the flood of criticism.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 05:54 PM   #535
Galaxy
Coordinator

I wish it came out in hour or so at the local Wal-Mart. I'll be out of town until Wednesday evening.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:10 PM   #536
DeToxRox
Head Coach

The quick call in dynasty mode when recruiting is a god send.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:14 PM   #537
Groundhog
Coordinator

So, with it looking like EA gave Pasta the rosters (no one else can edit rosters without a crash, and "Pasta's" rosters contain apostrophes, which is impossible to do in-game), could they get in any trouble at all?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:27 PM   #538
Logan
Head Coach

I wouldn't think so, they're not selling the rosters.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:30 PM   #539
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

The rumor is that Pasta actually took it from someone's locker who worked for EA (who presumably had it up for their own enjoyment while they tested.) They have denied giving it to him.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 06:33 PM   #540
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am testing Heisman out in my dynasty with Syracuse, as I play PSU. There is a huge talent disparity, so I'll play it out and report my findings.
Old 07-14-2008, 06:48 PM   #541
Galaxy
Coordinator

Quote:
The quick call in dynasty mode when recruiting is a god send.

Why's that?
Old 07-14-2008, 06:52 PM   #542
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
Why's that?

You can hit quick call, select how long it'll last, and it points out all the info gained, rather then calling the normal way and trying each pitch. It saves so much time.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:08 PM   #543
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am getting murdered. It's 37-7 PSU with the 6 minutes to go in the third.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:16 PM   #544
Groundhog
Coordinator

Still waiting for play-asia to list this title as "in stock", but I've put through my pre-order.

Once again I'm reminded of how insane video game prices are in Australia. New PS3/360 titles cost anywhere from $99-$120 for big releases (all EA games are $120), yet for me to buy this game off play-asia and get the fastest shipping of 1-3 days, it costs me less than $80AU.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #545
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I was humbled 65-24 by Penn State. Not much to say other then talent makes a huge difference.

Stats:

QB Andrew Robinson: 21 - 38 for 188 yards, 1 TD - 4 INT
RB Curtis Brinkley: 28 carries for 137 yards, 1 TD
RB Curtis Brinkley: 8 carries for 63 yards, 1 TD
MLB Jake Flaherty: 9 tackles, 1 TFL

QB Daryll Clark: 18 for 22, 174 yards, 2 TD
QB Daryll Clark: 5 carries for 64 yards, 2 TD
WR Derrick Williams: 6 catches for 88 yards, 1 TD
LOLB Sean Lee: 11 tackles, 6 TFL
Old 07-14-2008, 07:28 PM   #546
kingnebwsu
College Benchwarmer

That's crazy man. You're committed though

I guess us Americans take for granted how plentiful & relatively cheap video games are compared to other parts of the world.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:29 PM   #547
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I am uploading two videos of my massacre, I'll post in a few.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:35 PM   #548
DeToxRox
Head Coach

My one shining moment.

Last edited by DeToxRox : 07-14-2008 at 07:35 PM.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:37 PM   #549
DeToxRox
Head Coach

This .. not so much.
Old 07-14-2008, 07:45 PM   #550
bhlloy
Coordinator

Quote:

Uh... why the hell do #5 and #45 decide to run away from the ball carrier at the most inopportune time? Not to rain on your parade, but that looks like hideous AI right there...
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote