Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-25-2007, 09:00 PM   #501
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Get over yourself. OU has a great team, always do.. but we are right there with them this year for once.

I watched the game too, either team could have one that game, but it was our worst game of the season as far as I'm concerned.

Not just right there with us, ahead of us. I think it will be a hard-faught game and that either team can win it. It should come down to Missouri stopping the run and Oklahoma trying to play a solid bend, but don't break defense against the spread that worked the first time against you, but not against Texas Tech in a later matchup. Should be a good one...a lot more at stake for Mizzou, but OU will be playing for a 5th conference title under Stoops and I'm sure they'll be ready too.
sooner333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:01 PM   #502
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

It's a shame there has to be a winner next week, because I am already sick of both MU and OU fans from this thread alone.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #503
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I didnt remeber Smith having this good of numbers. Of course I could argue the senior/soph deal and 4 years in a sytem vs 2 etc.

Not that it really matters, but Urban Meyer only coached at Utah for 2 years. I think a lot of people don't realize that he only had 4 years of head coaching experience - 2 at Bowling Green and 2 at Utah - before he got the job at Florida.

As far as the actual argument - I do think the different versions of the spread can lead to some pretty crazy numbers. I mean, why should Tebow's numbers be considered totally legit and not Graham Harrell's, for example? Harrell is dismissed as a product of that system, but when you really look at it, Texas Tech's win over Oklahoma was more impressive than any of Florida's wins. Tennessee was the only team Florida beat all year that is currently in the top 25. (And yeah, I already know the whole "it's not a team award" angle, but I think if you're truly the best player in the country on a team stocked with talent, you should probably have more than 1 win over a ranked team.)

I'm really just kind of playing devil's advocate, though, as to me it's a toss-up between Tebow and McFadden.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:04 PM   #504
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
It sounds to me Brennan may have all day to throw but needs to take whats givin to him ( the underneath and short routes) and not force things.
Well, he'll likely have a number of deep routes open too if he's given time in the pocket for those routes to develop - Willie Tuitama was able to burn this secondary with them and so was Alex Brink.

The real key IMO is whether or not the Husky d-line can get some heat on Brennan. They haven't been awful in terms of pass rush, but they haven't been good enough. Daniel Te'o Nesheim, a Hawai'i kid from Kamuela provides the most consistent pressure from his DE position. The other DE, Greyson Gunheim, has the physical attributes (6'5", 260lbs, great speed) to be a beast but just hasn't produced consistently. Backup DE Ceasar Rayford is a tall, lanky kid that comes in on passing downs and provides some pass rush. Our DT's are OK - Jordan Reffett is a big guy (6'6", 295lbs) with a good motor, but not a good pass rusher. Wilson Afoa is the other main DT (another Hawai'i kid from Honolulu, St. Louis H.S.) - he's space filler.

If Hawaii plays in a lot of 4-5 WR sets, expect to see the Huskies play a lot of 3-man fronts with Gunheim and Rayford on the ends and Te'o Nesheim in the middle.

The Huskies will play mostly zone defense - again, if Brennan has time, he should find a lot of open seams to throw to. If the d-line is getting some heat and our secondary and LB's are playing disciplined zone though, they could fool Brennan into throwing some picks - that's a best-case scenario for the Husky defense.

The other key for the Huskies is to be able to establish a power-running game similar to what they did against Cal, when they went for 334 yards on the ground. Running the ball effectively and winning the time of possession battle will help the defense. Locker is the key man with his phenomenal running ability (he runs like a FB with 4.55 speed), but if the o-line is creating some gaps RB Louis Rankin could go off - he's got tremendous speed and has learned to quit dancing so much in the backfield and hit the holes hard.

Expect to see a fair amount of Locker in the shotgun with 1 or 2 backs and running a lot of zone/read option plays. One of their favorites is lining up FB Paul Homer with Locker in the backfield, Locker faking to Homer up the middle and following behind him.

The Huskies WR's drop too many passes and don't play up to their ability. Combined with the fact that Locker came from a H.S. program that ran a wing-T offense, expect to see Locker struggle some in the passing game. He's got a fantastic arm - very, very strong and he throws a tight spiral - but his accuracy is spotty. That said, WR Marcel Reese is a physical specimen. He's 6'3", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 40. WR Anthony Russo is our most consistent WR. He's a smaller guy, 5'11", 190 lbs and not a speedster, but he runs good routes and gets himself open and has pretty good hands. Our TE's are basically non-factors - just not very good at all.

Hawaii will have big edges in coaching and motivation.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:06 PM   #505
Soleo
n00b

Thumbs up best hockey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgD0KcFjkFU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzF9t3Y4pXg
Soleo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:07 PM   #506
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Let's be honest here. New week, same type of fan. I don't mind hearing all of this talk about OU's team. They'll be just as quiet as the Jayhawk fans were at the end of last night when it's all said and done.

A) I don't think we're going to blow you out and any Sooner fan who thinks that will be the case is probably on something. I think we'll win, but won't be entirely surprised if you guys even up the season series and play for the NC. We're not as good as people thought we were earlier in the season...although Bradford has only lost one game this season.

B) Oklahoma fans have more reason to talk since Oklahoma is 1-0 in the series this season.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:08 PM   #507
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Think you got the wrong thread here, although I admit I haven't looked at the second youtube video yet.

I would rather be wrong...Than live in the shadows of your song...My mind is open wide...And now I'm ready to start...You're not sure...You open the door...And step out into the dark...Now I'm ready.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #508
Suburban Rhythm
Pro Starter

I know this is just how it is in college football, but I can't understand why Kansas' loss to then #4 Missouri is more damaging than WVU's loss to then #18 USF, because it happened 7 weeks later, or more importantly, 1 week from the end of the regular season.

That sums up why I can enjoy the football being played, and interest in terms of pro prospects, but can't really care about college football.
Suburban Rhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:15 PM   #509
dawgfan
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
Does the Dline have speed on the edge? If so, then they could cause problems because Hawaii's tackles have been horrible the last three games against speed rushers.
Gunheim has decent speed. Rayford, who comes in on passing downs also has pretty good speed. Te'o Nesheim isn't as quick is those guys, but seems to have better moves and energy because he's been our best DE.

Quote:
The corners playing off or playing zone and Hawaii will dink and dunk them to death.
Yeah, and I think our defensive coordinator will be OK with that. He's very conservative with this group and seems to prefer forcing a team to have to make 7-8 10 yard completions than risk giving up 1 or 2 very long ones. I expect Brennan will throw 60+ times because the Huskies secondary will be conceding underneath routes.
dawgfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #510
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Well, he'll likely have a number of deep routes open too if he's given time in the pocket for those routes to develop - Willie Tuitama was able to burn this secondary with them and so was Alex Brink.

The real key IMO is whether or not the Husky d-line can get some heat on Brennan. They haven't been awful in terms of pass rush, but they haven't been good enough. Daniel Te'o Nesheim, a Hawai'i kid from Kamuela provides the most consistent pressure from his DE position. The other DE, Greyson Gunheim, has the physical attributes (6'5", 260lbs, great speed) to be a beast but just hasn't produced consistently. Backup DE Ceasar Rayford is a tall, lanky kid that comes in on passing downs and provides some pass rush. Our DT's are OK - Jordan Reffett is a big guy (6'6", 295lbs) with a good motor, but not a good pass rusher. Wilson Afoa is the other main DT (another Hawai'i kid from Honolulu, St. Louis H.S.) - he's space filler.

If Hawaii plays in a lot of 4-5 WR sets, expect to see the Huskies play a lot of 3-man fronts with Gunheim and Rayford on the ends and Te'o Nesheim in the middle.

The Huskies will play mostly zone defense - again, if Brennan has time, he should find a lot of open seams to throw to. If the d-line is getting some heat and our secondary and LB's are playing disciplined zone though, they could fool Brennan into throwing some picks - that's a best-case scenario for the Husky defense.

The other key for the Huskies is to be able to establish a power-running game similar to what they did against Cal, when they went for 334 yards on the ground. Running the ball effectively and winning the time of possession battle will help the defense. Locker is the key man with his phenomenal running ability (he runs like a FB with 4.55 speed), but if the o-line is creating some gaps RB Louis Rankin could go off - he's got tremendous speed and has learned to quit dancing so much in the backfield and hit the holes hard.

Expect to see a fair amount of Locker in the shotgun with 1 or 2 backs and running a lot of zone/read option plays. One of their favorites is lining up FB Paul Homer with Locker in the backfield, Locker faking to Homer up the middle and following behind him.

The Huskies WR's drop too many passes and don't play up to their ability. Combined with the fact that Locker came from a H.S. program that ran a wing-T offense, expect to see Locker struggle some in the passing game. He's got a fantastic arm - very, very strong and he throws a tight spiral - but his accuracy is spotty. That said, WR Marcel Reese is a physical specimen. He's 6'3", 240 lbs and runs a 4.5 40. WR Anthony Russo is our most consistent WR. He's a smaller guy, 5'11", 190 lbs and not a speedster, but he runs good routes and gets himself open and has pretty good hands. Our TE's are basically non-factors - just not very good at all.

Hawaii will have big edges in coaching and motivation.

Brennen is pretty mobile in the pocket and usually has good awareness as to where the rush is coming from, that said Taz is right, our tackles have been the weakness of our offense this season. If they can rush off the edge then UW advantage there. if they try to rush up the middle, I don't see it happening at all.

I know the 2 Hawaii kids, and I hope they have a good game, gotta root for the Local boys. Te'o as we call him, hes a stud imo, wish he woulda stayed home, but I'm not sure Hawaii recruited him all that hard. He is from the Island where I grew up, so I really enjoy seeing him do well. Afoa came from the most prestigious HS here in Hawaii, infact they are playing for the championship again here come friday night.

If you guys can get the pressure on Brennan, I do expect a couple picks, but probably more dumpoffs or bubble screens to the outside guys Hawthorne and Rivers.

as far as Hawaiis defense, they are very good against the run, but can give up the big plays. We rotate a ton on the Dline and always have fresh people in. I really do expect Locker to have a pretty big game on the ground, but not so much through the air. Our secondary is better then average. Safety #31 Patek is a roamer and has a great feel for the game. The linebackers are solid against the run and the pass, but they arn't used to the Running QB.

Hawaii rarely runs a 5 wr set, but 90% of the time it is 4 wr's and a RB. Goaline situations they will put Colt under center, and a lot of times run the option in that situation. I can see us running a lot of trips on side with the RB on the opposite side against UW.

its too bad about the TE's being non factors for UW, Hawaii has a very hard time defending against TE's.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 PM   #511
MJ4H
Coordinator

Eh, until a college football season is essentially a 12 round swiss system tournament it is just a crapshoot anyway. I'm sick of trying to second guess this BCS nonsense. There is only one way to do it right and it will never happen because of stupid money nonsense, so there it is.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:30 PM   #512
timmynausea
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban Rhythm View Post
I know this is just how it is in college football, but I can't understand why Kansas' loss to then #4 Missouri is more damaging than WVU's loss to then #18 USF, because it happened 7 weeks later, or more importantly, 1 week from the end of the regular season.

That sums up why I can enjoy the football being played, and interest in terms of pro prospects, but can't really care about college football.

I do understand your point about late losses mattering more, but I don't think it is the only factor in this scenario. Kansas played one ranked team all year, so I think most people had the attitude that if they blow that one, that's it. West Virginia played 5 teams currently in the top 40 in the BCS, including wins over top 25 teams the past two weeks. When they have the same record, I think it makes sense that the team with the better wins and schedule is ranked ahead no matter when their losses occurred. The computers all rank WVU ahead of Kansas, and they don't factor the time of the loss in at all.

I also think WVU's cause is helped some by the fact that their QB was out for more than half of the game, they turned it over 6 times and still only lost by 8 to a pretty good team.
timmynausea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:51 PM   #513
Atocep
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CU Tiger View Post
I'm not offended by analysis, and personally could not care less for Tebow or Florida. But at first blush your statement seems ridiculous, so I am going to post some research and see how accurate you are.

Tebow (2007)
Passing
217/317 68.5% 3132 9.9ypa 29/6 177.8
Rushing
194 838 4.3ypc 22

Smith (2004)
Passing
214/317 67.5% 9.31ypa 32/4 176.5 (Ok I'll admit VERY similar here)
Rushing
135 631 4.7ypc 10

Ill admit. Im a lil surprised these 2 are closer than I would have thought. I didnt remeber Smith having this good of numbers. Of course I could argue the senior/soph deal and 4 years in a sytem vs 2 etc. And of course the diff between tebow having a long run of 70 vs. Tebow's long of 25 (net effect on YPC) etc. But all in all I will give you your due.

Smith had comparable numbers.

Alex Smith was actually a Junior with 2 years in the Urban Meyer system (He went pro when he was 20 and is still the youngest QB to start a game this year). The numbers are incredibly similar, but I don't completely write off Tebow because of it. The main idea was to point out that 1.) the offense is built to give a QB great stats and 2.) How we look at QBs in the offense will be something to keep an eye on over the next couple years.

Fair or unfair, I think Tebow's pro success will play a role in how Heisman voters look at the Urban Meyer spread offense in the future. The run and shoot lost a lot of credibility when Andre Ware and David Klinger both bombed at the next level. Combine that with the fact that we've become kind of numb to the big numbers that come out of that offense and Heisman voters haven't really taken run and shoot QBs seriously because they're now seen as "system quarterbacks".

With all of that, I'd still have a top 3 of Tebow, McFadden, and Daniel.
Atocep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:10 PM   #514
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
http://cfn.scout.com/2/705199.html

12th!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to the 'bows

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:14 PM   #515
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
Congrats to the 'bows

SI

Thanks still gotta take care of business on Saturday.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:15 PM   #516
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atocep View Post
Combine that with the fact that we've become kind of numb to the big numbers that come out of that offense and Heisman voters haven't really taken run and shoot QBs seriously because they're now seen as "system quarterbacks".

Yep, as alluded to before, Harrell's numbers at Texas Tech are completely discounted. As, really, is Crabtree's recieving numbers, which is a shame, IMO.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:16 PM   #517
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
It's a shame there has to be a winner next week, because I am already sick of both MU and OU fans from this thread alone.

I would ask- is it all Mizzou fans or just one in particular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizzou B-ball fan View Post
Let's be honest here. New week, same type of fan. I don't mind hearing all of this talk about OU's team. They'll be just as quiet as the Jayhawk fans were at the end of last night when it's all said and done.

Yes, yes, as we were blustering before the fact (whoops, nope) and we've been completely silent after (whoops, nope again). Jeez...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
Considering they are the only team to beat Missouri this year, that's not hard to believe. Who really cares at this point? All that matters is a win over OU puts us in the National Championship.

Agreed and I'll be your biggest non-Mizzou fan next week (not that I have anything against OU) because a win likely gets us in the Fiesta Bowl and that would be absolutely awesome

SI

Old 11-25-2007, 10:21 PM   #518
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui View Post
Yep, as alluded to before, Harrell's numbers at Texas Tech are completely discounted. As, really, is Crabtree's recieving numbers, which is a shame, IMO.

It's a shame, too, as he has crazy video game stats. 338 yards for a season low. Only 2 games with under 400 yards and only 2 games with under 3 TDs.

Stat Overview Passing
YEAR CMP ATT YDS CMP% YPA LNG TD INT SACK RAT
2005 37 55 422 67.3 7.67 44 3 0 2 149.73
2006 412 617 4555 66.8 7.38 76 38 11 18 145.54
2007 468 644 5298 72.7 8.23 75 45 14 13 160.49
Projected 468 644 5298 72.7 8.23 75 45 14 13 160.49
2007 Game LogPassingRushing
DATEOPPRESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD
9/3@Southern MethodistW 49-9 44 59 419 74.6 49 4 0 156.61 1 1 1.0 1 1
9/8UTEPW 45-31 48 64 484 75.0 39 4 1 156.03 3 -8 -2.7 2 0
9/15@RiceW 59-24 28 37 414 75.7 74 6 1 217.77 4 -12 -3.0 1 0
9/22@Oklahoma StateL 49-45 46 67 646 68.7 75 5 0 174.28 3 -3 -1.0 8 0
9/29Northwestern StateW 75-7 26 40 338 65.0 34 5 0 177.23 1 7 7.0 7 0
10/6Iowa StateW 42-17 36 43 425 83.7 58 4 1 192.79 4 -10 -2.5 4 1
10/13Texas A&MW 35-7 30 37 425 81.1 54 3 0 204.32 3 -6 -2.0 3 1
10/20@MissouriL 41-10 44 69 397 63.8 68 1 4 105.29 5 -39 -7.8 2 0
10/27ColoradoL 31-26 46 62 431 74.2 34 3 4 135.65 6 0 0.0 7 0
11/3@BaylorW 38-7 37 46 433 80.4 37 3 0 181.03 1 2 2.0 2 0
11/10@TexasL 59-43 36 48 466 75.0 69 5 1 186.76 1 -7 -7.0 0 0
11/17OklahomaW 34-27 47 72 420 65.3 60 2 2 117.89 2 12 6.0 11 1

SI

Old 11-25-2007, 10:31 PM   #519
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

I think he had a great season sure, but i am more partial to these stats

406/559 5549 72.6% 9.93 YPA 58 TDS 12 ints 185.96 rating
366 yards rushing and 5 tds

but that didnt even get an invite, why should Harrell?
Old 11-25-2007, 10:50 PM   #520
Galaxy
Coordinator

The local news station is saying that UB head coach Turner Gill is to interview for the Nebraska job in the next few days.
Galaxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 10:51 PM   #521
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Well, I think the argument that some people have against say Detmer, Ware, Klinger, etc, is that Tebow has done it against great competition, being in a BCS conference, and arguably the best one. Harrell takes away some of that argument, by being in a BCS Conference himself, even if the Big XII isn't held to the same esteem as some of the others.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:03 PM   #522
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Well, I think the argument that some people have against say Detmer, Ware, Klinger, etc, is that Tebow has done it against great competition, being in a BCS conference, and arguably the best one. Harrell takes away some of that argument, by being in a BCS Conference himself, even if the Big XII isn't held to the same esteem as some of the others.

I totally agree that Tebow may be in a system , but he does it against great opponents. He should win the Heisman. I don't think Harrell should be there, but I do think Crabtree should.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:06 PM   #523
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy View Post
The local news station is saying that UB head coach Turner Gill is to interview for the Nebraska job in the next few days.

Jeez. Nebraska really is going the OU route of head coaches. Legend retires (Switzer/Osborne), long-time assistant does all right but doesn't live up to the former expectations (Gibbs/Solich), try to make a splashy hire outside of the program (Schnellenberger/Callahan), go back to the "tradition" of the program with a former player (Blake/Gill?). Gill at least has head coaching experience though, unlike Blake who was a good recruiter but an absolute failure as a coach (in 1998 OUran the wishbone all spring and used it for half a game before scrapping it and also played five qb's in the season, starting four).
Old 11-25-2007, 11:07 PM   #524
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Harrell did have to play against Oklahoma, Texas, and Mizzou and put up great numbers against all of them. Some would consider that "great opponents" .
Old 11-25-2007, 11:18 PM   #525
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Read: SEC

Never mind that 1, 5, 9, and 20 all play there (and that is without taking into account that a certain other conference gets hugely inflated rankings for 2 and 3 loss teams based solely on reputation but we've already tread down that road before)

SI

Old 11-25-2007, 11:32 PM   #526
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Harrell did have to play against Oklahoma, Texas, and Mizzou and put up great numbers against all of them. Some would consider that "great opponents" .

I can totally see great numbers vs oklahoma and texas, but against Mizzou he had a 59.9 QB rating. Now he did throw for almost 400 yards, but also 4 picks. and only 1 td. Also his lowest YPA this year,

Last edited by k0ruptr : 11-25-2007 at 11:32 PM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #527
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

also against OU he had a 78.5 qb rating, which isnt exactly great.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:42 PM   #528
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Quote:
Originally Posted by dawgfan View Post
Well, a few reasons:
but the UW is still an upper-tier job

Washington was 1-10 when he took the job. It's not upper-tier and everyone knew that. It's why he was offered the gig, because it wasn't a mess many people wanted to clean up.

And that was just two years ago.

College football has changed a lot since UW was a power in the Pac-10. And even if it hadn't, I think the program is on the rise. Or does he not get credit for that?
Old 11-25-2007, 11:52 PM   #529
sooner333
College Starter

Quote:
I can totally see great numbers vs oklahoma and texas, but against Mizzou he had a 59.9 QB rating. Now he did throw for almost 400 yards, but also 4 picks. and only 1 td. Also his lowest YPA this year,

That must be a pro rating...the stats above show Harrell with 105 rating for the game as far as college stats are concerned. Brennan's rating from last year that you stated wouldn't even be possible with that calculation. Just trying to be fair.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:54 PM   #530
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooner333 View Post
That must be a pro rating...the stats above show Harrell with 105 rating for the game as far as college stats are concerned. Brennan's rating from last year that you stated wouldn't even be possible with that calculation. Just trying to be fair.

sorry , could be my bad, just went with the stats from espn.com
Old 11-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #531
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Brennans stats were from Yahoo sports to be fair.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:57 PM   #532
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

although i just checked espn, they are the same for brennans stats, if im wrong im sorry. I was just pointing out what I was seeing.
Old 11-25-2007, 11:59 PM   #533
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

woah thats weird. I see the stats you are seeing now.

the reason I posted the other stats, was cause I clicked on the gamelog link, they show different stats check it out. as far as QB rating goes that is.

Last edited by k0ruptr : 11-26-2007 at 12:00 AM.
k0ruptr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:22 AM   #534
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Because the Thanksgiving Turkey Day games around town here probably featured more natural talent than half of Hawaii's opponents?

Old 11-26-2007, 01:23 AM   #535
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
Because the Thanksgiving Turkey Day games around town here probably featured more natural talent than half of Hawaii's opponents?

Oh snap, I hope that Dorrell remains head coach for 10 years now.
Old 11-26-2007, 01:27 AM   #536
Mike1409
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
A team's record doesn't, and shouldn't, have anything to do with the Heisman. It's not an MVP. All the people who drop guys out of the race because a guy's team gets their 1st, 2nd, 3rd loss have their head up their asses.

Tebow will win because he's having the best season out of anyone in the country, and it's not even close.

+1

I admit to being a Florida fan and stats can be made to say whatever you want them to. So in reference to Harrells stats I think Tebow would do the same if he threw that much.

COMP ATT YDS YPComp YPerATT
Harrell 468 644 5298 11.32 8.22
Tebow 217 317 3132 14.43 9.88

Last edited by Mike1409 : 11-26-2007 at 01:56 AM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 01:35 AM   #537
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Oh snap, I hope that Dorrell remains head coach for 10 years now.

lol...that's just mean!

Old 11-26-2007, 04:50 AM   #538
JeeberD
General Manager

Mike Sherman is the new head coach for A&M?!? Seems like an odd choice to me...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5328187.html

A&M taps Texans' Sherman as head coach
Texans assistant the top choice from beginning

By TERRANCE HARRIS
Copyright 2007 Houston Chronicle

COLLEGE STATION — Texas A&M has scheduled a news conference for 11 a.m. today to introduce Mike Sherman as the school's new head football coach, replacing Dennis Franchione, who resigned after the Aggies beat archrival Texas on Friday.

The Chronicle reported in Sunday's editions that Sherman, 52, had emerged as A&M's leading candidate and that an announcement could come as early as today.

Sherman, who served as head coach of the Green Bay Packers from 2000-05, has the head coaching experience A&M athletic director Billy Byrne has been seeking. Sherman was 59-43 during his time in Green Bay.

He also served two stints at A&M as an assistant under former head coach R.C. Slocum, from 1989-93 and 1995-96.

Sherman declined to discuss the opening Sunday with reporters following the Texans' loss at Cleveland, and his agent, Bob LaMonte, did not return repeated phone calls seeking comment.

But people familiar with the situation from both sides said Sherman is the Aggies' choice.

Sherman, who has been with the Texans the past two seasons, comes with the support of several big-time A&M boosters as well as former players such as Texans coach Gary Kubiak.

Auburn's Tommy Tuberville, California's Jeff Tedford, Boise State's Chris Petersen and West Virginia's Rich Rodriguez were mentioned in connection with the A&M job, but indications are Sherman was A&M's top choice and really the only coach pursued.

But Sherman is not expected to begin his job immediately. He likely will remain with the Texans until the NFL season is complete before returning to campus full-time.

In the meantime, A&M announced Saturday that defensive coordinator Gary Darnell will serve as interim head coach and will coach the Aggies in their bowl.

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:16 AM   #539
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice View Post
I would ask- is it all Mizzou fans or just one in particular

Yes, yes, as we were blustering before the fact (whoops, nope) and we've been completely silent after (whoops, nope again). Jeez...

You're in Lawrence where all is blissful. In KC, we seem to have the KU outcasts who just learned that football is a sport. I had KU fans in my section claiming a false start when a flag was thrown even though the play wasn't whistled dead. My wife doesn't even pay that much attention to football, but even she knows that the play is whistled dead on a false start.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 07:51 AM   #540
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Cloud View Post
Washington was 1-10 when he took the job. It's not upper-tier and everyone knew that. It's why he was offered the gig, because it wasn't a mess many people wanted to clean up.

And that was just two years ago.

College football has changed a lot since UW was a power in the Pac-10. And even if it hadn't, I think the program is on the rise. Or does he not get credit for that?

Of course not. Someone will come in and have some early success until Locker leaves, then things will implode again and it will all get blamed on Ty's recruiting.

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:07 AM   #541
Butter
Coordinator

Let's go Oklahoma!
Old 11-26-2007, 08:37 AM   #542
RedKingGold
College Starter

Quote:

Bah, but the three Hawaii fans are worse.
RedKingGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #543
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedKingGold View Post
Bah, but the three Hawaii fans are worse.

But they're isolated to an island, so no concerns there.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:04 AM   #544
Double A
n00b

...Cards win World Series...check...

...Mizzou (football) number one...unbelievably, check...

...Blues win Cup...hmmm...

Best Signs in KC:

"Talib knows where Osama is"

"Holtz for Prethadent"

We're just the guys to do it.
Double A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:17 AM   #545
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD View Post
Mike Sherman is the new head coach for A&M?!? Seems like an odd choice to me...

My Aggie friends are not happy with this choice. Their reaction was that the hiring, subsequent extension, and then the severance of Franchione broke the bank, and they didn't have the cash to go after one of the big name coaches.

The key in college is recruiting, and it will be a huge test for Sherman to see how he does in his first college stint going up against Stoops, Brown, Leach, Miles (or whoever is at LSU if he goes to Michigan) for those top Texas recruits. That is one facet where Franchione failed miserably. Texas and Oklahoma got the lion's share of 5 star guys, while A&M was left fighting for the scraps.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:18 AM   #546
bob
College Starter

And Gailey is gone at Georgia Tech.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127998
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:21 AM   #547
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob View Post
And Gailey is gone at Georgia Tech.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3127998

Reports also that Ted Roof is out at Duke
(I wouldn't be terribly surprised if he ended up at GT in some capacity)
Old 11-26-2007, 10:25 AM   #548
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

All I ask for Christmas is that someone hire Jay Paterno as their Head Coach...please!
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:56 AM   #549
Celeval
Pro Starter

*sigh* Put me down as thinking that firing Gailey is a mistake. Here's hoping for Paul Johnson.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:59 AM   #550
Celeval
Pro Starter

Dola... a left-field candidate would also be Randy Edsall - he's done a hell of a job at Connecticut, and was the Defensive Coordinator at Georgia Tech back in '98.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote