Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-23-2007, 10:32 PM   #501
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
You jumped on my vote on hoops quickly. Which put him WAY out on the lead at the time. Then you unvoted and went to me. It was more the quick jump onto hoops that I found suspicious.

oh yah. I did vote for Hoops early, didn't I
Lathum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:35 PM   #502
path12
Coordinator

Humbug.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #503
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I was referring less to that than the idea that the Titans know which Olympians are in the game and can fake reveal accordingly.

Ah. We don;t know that's what AlanT was referring to, but its a good guess. That makes all reveals suspect, and I'm not sure I buy that.

To be fair, Ares seems like a pretty major god to not be in teh game at all.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:36 PM   #504
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Bed is calling soon.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:37 PM   #505
Schmidty
Coordinator

Holy crap. When I left at like 5:45, there was only 6 pages.
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:42 PM   #506
RendeR
Coordinator

OK, we have a lot of weird shit going down here. I'm gonna open myself up to scrutiny by listing out the people I trust in the groupings/order that I trust them:

Most trusted:
Barkeep
Daddytorgo
Anxiety - Aries

Sortof trusted, no bad vibes yet:
St Cronin
Lathum
Schmidty
Hoopsguy

Very Suspiciousmostly gut feelings, perhaps some voting isues)
Racer - nothing firm, but the whole be nice to the newbie on day 1 thing really pinged my radar today and its still singing when I ponder him atm.

Anyone else is pretty neutral, Ardent is always someone to consider, he's been real quiet this game, but thats not a huge issue to me. Raiders got pretty defensive when I called his name early day 1, so he may be hiding something too. Then of course there is always Telle. She's a pretty good wol, so she may well be a titan in hiding. (love you honey)

thats what I got atm.
RendeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:50 PM   #507
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty View Post
Holy crap. When I left at like 5:45, there was only 6 pages.

yeah we sorta went ape-shit crazy posting abck and forth.
Old 10-23-2007, 10:52 PM   #508
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

How on earth can you semi trust me with the great case barkeep made against me?
Old 10-23-2007, 11:43 PM   #509
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
How on earth can you semi trust me with the great case barkeep made against me?

Well, to be honest, its too easy of a case to jump on. You're never that obvious about anything. You defended path, but I also understand why you did, you believe in not killing off quality villagers on the first day for no good reason.

Also, while you were on the opposite side as barkeep, you had a valid point and you stuck with it. Most players as olves tend to see their argument getting ignored/beaten down and look for something else, you didn't, you stuck with your guns.

Now does that mean I trust you absolutely? NO.

Does that mean I can see another side of your possible game decisions? yes.

I figure at worst you're a monster or perhaps even a human in league with the titans.

My gut tells me yer safe though so I'll hold off judgement on you for now.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:08 AM   #510
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys/gals, out for the night. We got a Titan and no first day seer loss, so all in all, not too bad.

Am I the only one a little concerned at the loss of the goddess of Wisdom? The idea that Athena has seer like abilities seems very possible.
ntndeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 01:32 AM   #511
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
So the big question is: Why am I alive and path is dead? Clearly I threw 5 points at path. But that ought not to have been enough. DT is now claiming to have thrown some, which surprises me since he'd given no indication all day he was open to the idea. Were the Titans so arrogant as to assume that the vote count would be accurate? Or were the Titans not around? Seems to me like a line of discussion.

Well, now that I have seen what happened, I will be the first to admit I must be wrong about Barkeep. No way a Titan leads a mad charge at Cronus less than 100 posts before deadline. So BK, you are on my trust list now, for what that's worth. I give similar good support for Render, Neon (duh, obviously attacked anyway) and DaddyTorgo, since they also moved to path late.

But my vote, and I am guessing many others there for Barkeep, was a Day One vote, with little to go on. Not to say there aren't Titans there. The numbers alone say there are (not too many other places to go with their votes). But I suspect Barkeep and Neon were much more a Day One target for most, with a handful of Titans using them as cover. So I would say Titans are in those two voting groups, but there will be Olympians there as well. We have to regard the whole group as suspicious (including myself, I acknowledge) until proven otherwise, but hopefully we will see other indications as to which are actual Titans and which are just your usual poorly guided Day One votes.

I have some thoughts on how the Barkeep versus path12 vote brokedown, which I will get to in a second.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 02:04 AM   #512
Chief Rum
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
Woops, I found an error, this should be the final vote count I mean:

Barkeep - Ntndeacon (159), lathum (210), Chief Rum (261), Arlington (277), passacaglia (324), path (352), telle (376)
neon chaos - purduebrad (135), Ardent Enthusiast (316), St.cronin (370), hoopsguy (375)
Path - Barkeep (315), render (324), daddytorgo (328), neon chaos (330)
anxiety - anxiety (132), Raiders Army (140), schmidty (201)
Hoopsguy - racer (208)

Okay, here is the final vote.

Barkeep has claimed 4 points on path (of course, since this was the reason I voted for him), and I have no reason to doubt him. Given path was lynched, I have no reason to doubt DT's 4 point reveal either. So at limit, we have at least 10 voting points on path. Neon said earlier today he would be maximizing his ability (which, I guess, still didn't work out so well, or perhaps he was petrified before he got to use his AP points), so I would guess he put on just the one point. Render, did you put down just one point?

I think most people put down 1 point, unless stated otherwise, in order to maximize their abilities (we all have them, I would guess). So I'm going to assume right now that 10 points were on path.

That means that 10 points is the limit Barkeep received from seven players, and it was likely less, 7-9. So most votes on BK had to be of the one point variety. path was in that group, too, so you would guess he didn't just put one point down (unless he was overconfident, not sure). Passacaglia, an Olympian, was also a voter (I would guess one point).

So BK voters around at deadline have to be looked at it with at least somewhat a more positive view, because if they were Titans, they would certainly have increased their points on BK to ensure path gets saved. Not a clear by any means, of course, just food for thought.

I used posting within 15 minutes of deadline as my standard.

Of the seven BK voters, Telle and Lathum both posted just a few minutes before deadline. So that proves to me they were around at the deadline. The other BK voters without "proof" they were around are myself (I last posted around 6 p.m. PDT, an hour before deadline), ntndeacon and Arlington Colt. So I would look at Telle and Lathum with less suspicion right now then the latter three (if I were not me; I, of course, trust me completely).

As for myself, I was online and in the thread reading along until a half hour after deadline (but before Alan posted results). Unfortunately, I didn't post after my 6 p.m. post, just reading along, so I can't prove that. Don;t know if anyone saw me in the thread. Read into that what you will, though. I was around to "up" my points on Barkeep to save path if I was a Titan, but I did not, using but the one point. But I acknowledge that does nothing to clear me (nor should it).

One other thing that occurred to me--Neon had a lot of his voters around at deadline (Purdue, cronin and hoops), so does that clear them or not? Not sure it does so much, because there were less votes on Neon. You could argue with 7 BK votes that a couple Titans in the mix could likely put it away with that many individual votes. Not so much with Neon voters. Even if every Neon voter had 2 points on his vote, eight points is unlikely to beat out Barkeep's votes. So Titans on Neon were unlikely to up their points. If we assume the Titans split their votes, I would guess we have at most a couple (including path) on Barkeep, and maybe as much as two on Neon as well.

Just throwing this all out there to be considered while I am away tomorrow, although I should be back again in the late afternoon like I was today.
Chief Rum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:41 AM   #513
Barkeep49
Coordinator

CR: Good anlaysis except that I put 5 votes, not 4 on path. I'm not sure from DT's message if he put 4 on path or 5. So it moves up, slightly, the amount of possible votes on path. This makes it somewhat likely that a titan could have bumped up the votes on me, while still doing some other action.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:23 AM   #514
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I agree we need to look at the voters for BK. I'm certain there is a wolf in there somewhere.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM   #515
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

well that was a slow overnight...

I'll be out most of the day FWIW.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:25 AM   #516
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
One other thing that occurred to me--Neon had a lot of his voters around at deadline (Purdue, cronin and hoops), so does that clear them or not? Not sure it does so much, because there were less votes on Neon. You could argue with 7 BK votes that a couple Titans in the mix could likely put it away with that many individual votes. Not so much with Neon voters. Even if every Neon voter had 2 points on his vote, eight points is unlikely to beat out Barkeep's votes. So Titans on Neon were unlikely to up their points. If we assume the Titans split their votes, I would guess we have at most a couple (including path) on Barkeep, and maybe as much as two on Neon as well.

CR, good analysis. I already admitted to throwing three points on Neon_Chaos although it does sound like everybody else only threw one on him. If there is a Titan on Neon, it isn't me but I'm certainly as worthy of suspicion as anyone else there.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #517
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i put 4pts on Path because that was the maximum that Alan said I could put on him (1 pt to be reserved for actions, even if you don't use it).

the reason i did this: i didn't feel that D1 was a good day to use my action, although I maintain that I could have up until I saw things suspicious with path and thought that saving Neon and Barkeep was the stronger play
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:34 AM   #518
Raiders Army
Coordinator

I'll go first today as I might not be in later. Getting bad vibes from ArlingtonColt so...

VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 08:35 AM   #519
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

love love CR's analysis. particularly because it's not self-serving and an attempt to clear himself.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #520
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

hi thomkal - more playing from you please!
Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 AM   #521
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

RendeR - what are your feelings on Neon Chaos? Are you inclined to trust him as much as Barkeep given that the two were in similar situations yesterday?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:46 AM   #522
RendeR
Coordinator

I've got the sinus head cold death infection from hell, so I'll be in and out in short spurts (even if I apear to be here I may not be.)

I put 2 points on Path12.

Barkeep - Ntndeacon (159), lathum (210), Chief Rum (261), Arlington (277), passacaglia (324), path (352), telle (376)

Of these voters for barkeep I'm pretty sure we can trust Lathum and Pass is dead. I'd bet by collection of greek tragedies that there is at least 1 more Titan on the remaining list of:

Chief Rum
NtnDeacon
Arlington Colt
Telle

Chief put in some real good analysis there and I'm interested to hear what the others have to say. So lets here some commentary from them.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:48 AM   #523
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
RendeR - what are your feelings on Neon Chaos? Are you inclined to trust him as much as Barkeep given that the two were in similar situations yesterday?

I don't have a reason to trust or distrut him at this point. he offered to reveal his role to gain trust, which, personally, seems like a desperate attempt at hiding in plain sight, though I could be wrong.

At this point I wouldn't vote for Neon, but I probably wouldn't move a vote to save him either.

I'm assuming Medusa is in the game since Neon is now a rather sad little statue of himself.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:51 AM   #524
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

DT, I know you are asking RendeR about Neon, but my feeling is (unless making a fairly gutsy play) that Neon is good which means I was wrong all day yesterday. So back to the drawing board for me.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:59 AM   #525
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntndeacon View Post
Am I the only one a little concerned at the loss of the goddess of Wisdom? The idea that Athena has seer like abilities seems very possible.

It is possible although I'm not necessarily sure that powers are tied to the role as they were in previous games. If we think that is the case though, Ares is probably important as well given the role of God of War.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 AM   #526
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Purdue - Thanks. Always interested in other's insights too. Should have made that a more general question.

I think it's fairly clear that powers are in some ways tied to characters, both from knowing what my power is, as well as from seeing Neon turned to stone (an odd choice unless medusa is in the game, which in turn means medusa is in the game IMO).
Old 10-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #527
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Okay, then the verification is good because mine isn't really tied into mine. It's a rather strange connection actually. That being said though, I should've figured out that most are related with Medusa and Neon's situation.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #528
RendeR
Coordinator

My ability matches my role exactly. I'm not sure Athena would specifially be a seer type character. I'm thinking that the abilities that most of us have fit in well with the character we were given and the seer/BG/etc etc are add-ons to those abilities.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 AM   #529
Thomkal
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
hi thomkal - more playing from you please!

heya DT. That's three "votes" asking me to play. I may have to do it now.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 09:36 AM   #530
RendeR
Coordinator

Always good to have more people thomkal! I'll need at least 18 for my gaqme so feel free to join up for the next one!
Old 10-24-2007, 09:42 AM   #531
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by RendeR View Post
My ability matches my role exactly. I'm not sure Athena would specifially be a seer type character. I'm thinking that the abilities that most of us have fit in well with the character we were given and the seer/BG/etc etc are add-ons to those abilities.
That seems weird to me. I would agree that Athena isn't necessarily the seer (I can think of another God who I think would, based on their abilities make more sense as a seer) but I think Athena certainly had some ability tied to her role, whether it was wisdom or battle.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:57 AM   #532
st.cronin
General Manager

Barkeep, I think the maximum APs you can put on a vote is 4.

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 10:21 AM   #533
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

If Athena isn't the seer then great. Still the idea of losing wisdom is not a pleasant one.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:28 AM   #534
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I've got the sinus head cold death infection from hell, so I'll be in and out in short spurts (even if I apear to be here I may not be.)

I put 2 points on Path12.

Of these voters for barkeep I'm pretty sure we can trust Lathum and Pass is dead. I'd bet by collection of greek tragedies that there is at least 1 more Titan on the remaining list of:

Chief Rum
NtnDeacon
Arlington Colt
Telle

Chief put in some real good analysis there and I'm interested to hear what the others have to say. So lets here some commentary from them.

I'm not sure Lathum is trusted. I'm also not sure I trust RendeR. But I'll probably vote for one of those players, anyway, as it seems like a good place to start.

knives out
Old 10-24-2007, 10:36 AM   #535
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

I will say that I was not near a computer from about 5:30 until after the deadline. So I was unable to affect my points after that point in any way.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #536
ntndeacon
Pro Starter

in terms of insights A lot of what I think currently goes along with what several have said. (I realize that isn't a big help, but i will say it regardless) The path voters are more trusted now. (not completely trusted mind you. I know I was even the convicting vote for a wolf in one game when I was a wolf...But trusted enough though.)
I suspect that the wolves split up thier votes. So I am more apt to vote for someone who voted for someone besides Barkeep and path.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:47 AM   #537
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by st.cronin View Post
Barkeep, I think the maximum APs you can put on a vote is 4.
This keeps getting floated around. Where are people seeing this? I must be wrong, I just don't see it in the rules as we get 5 APs have to use 1 to vote. WE're then limited to place 3 of our remaining 4 APs on powering up the vote?
Old 10-24-2007, 10:49 AM   #538
st.cronin
General Manager

Alan has posted that 1 AP is reserved for voting, and 1 AP is reserved for action. The other 3 can be used to strengthen either action. So the maximum APs for an action is 4, and the maximum APs for a vote is also 4.

That's my understanding.

knives out
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #539
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I told Alan I wanted to use 4AP last night in my action. I wasn't told that was impossible.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:52 AM   #540
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Nevermind. That doesn't fit with what you're saying, does it.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:59 AM   #541
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
This keeps getting floated around. Where are people seeing this? I must be wrong, I just don't see it in the rules as we get 5 APs have to use 1 to vote. WE're then limited to place 3 of our remaining 4 APs on powering up the vote?

Its mentioned briefly in the rules, but I also posted this clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T View Post
This is correct. You have 5 total APs each day (unless your role says otherwise). You MUST use 1 AP on a vote for that day or be penalized. You have 1 AP reserved for an action (which is optional and does not have to be performed if you do not choose). The remaining 3 AP can be spent either on strengthening your vote or strengthening your Action, or just left unused.

Anyone who sends in a PM stating a vote of 5 AP will be assumed to be 4 AP on the vote and the 1 AP for the action left unused/wasted. Anyone who votes but does not send in a PM will be assumed to spend 1 AP on the vote and leaving 4 AP unused/wasted.

Unless your role says otherwise, you are capped at 4AP for the vote regardless if you use an action or not. Anyone who submitted a 5AP vote yesterday will have been capped at 4AP for their vote with 1 wasted point regardless if they got a PM or not, unless their role dictates otherwise.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #542
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Thanks Alan.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:09 AM   #543
Poli
FOFC Survivor

I'll get this out of the way quick.

VOTE LATHUM

(currently 1 AP)
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM   #544
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I agree with Chief Rum's really good analysis, which points to ntndeacon, CR himself, or AC as good votes. I'll be looking this way today probably.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:03 PM   #545
ArlingtonColt
H.S. Freshman Team

I agree on the good analysis... I know I am an Olympian and I'm against revealing, but I will if i have to save myself. I only put1 point on my vote last night, because really it was a random day 1 vote and I had nothing to base it on (except lathum's theory).
ArlingtonColt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:26 PM   #546
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

wow, hit and run by Ardent...
Old 10-24-2007, 12:29 PM   #547
RendeR
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lathum View Post
wow, hit and run by Ardent...

Its weird, when I can't possibly trust you, everyone else does, when I do trust you even a little, no one else does.

Just weird.
Old 10-24-2007, 12:37 PM   #548
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Its weird, when I can't possibly trust you, everyone else does, when I do trust you even a little, no one else does.

Just weird.

that's my game
Old 10-24-2007, 12:38 PM   #549
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

VOTE ARLINGTONCOLT
Old 10-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #550
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Hit and run? I've been here all day.