Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-11-2006, 09:22 AM   #501
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
Ummm, thats not in '07 for some odd reason. At least, not in MY version of WSM '07. Which annoyed me quite a bit, but I think my current system of scouting is working pretty well for me so, oh well.

Whoops, sorry about the misinfo. I'm still playing '06, but I just assumed that would stay the same. My bad.
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:31 AM   #502
Shepp
High School Varsity

If a players draws a red card during a friendly does he still get suspended for a league game? I had this happen and don't remember having it happen before. To be honest, I don't think I ever got red carded in a friendly before. I haven't had much luck looking up the rules, so if anyone knows here I would appreciate it.
Shepp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:47 AM   #503
Scholes
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shepp View Post
If a players draws a red card during a friendly does he still get suspended for a league game? I had this happen and don't remember having it happen before. To be honest, I don't think I ever got red carded in a friendly before. I haven't had much luck looking up the rules, so if anyone knows here I would appreciate it.

It happened to Wayne Rooney IRL this season, I believe.

Edit: From Wikipedia: Rooney was sent off again for Manchester United in an Amsterdam Tournament game against FC Porto on 4 August 2006 for the alleged use of an elbow[16], and was subsequently handed a three-match ban by the FA following their receipt of a 23-page report from referee Ruud Bossen explaining why he felt it was necessary to send Rooney off in the aforementioned game[17]. This was viewed as surprising, as other players sent off in pre-season friendly matches were not so sanctioned, and Rooney wrote to the FA threatening to withdraw the FA's permission to use his image rights if the ban was not revoked[citation needed] - however the FA has no procedure to do so.

Last edited by Scholes : 12-11-2006 at 10:49 AM.
Scholes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 11:48 AM   #504
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crapshoot View Post
Thank you! I've been bitching about the defensive FK instructions in the FM 2006 thread forever, and no one else seemed to notice!

If you look me up on the FM boards I'm a broken record - defensive FK instructions, finances, defensive FK instructions, finances... I've only posted about 20-30 times in 3 years, but my guess is over half of these are on these two subjects... So happy that at least one is gone
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 01:36 PM   #505
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Is there a download mirror for the US version? I'm getting 7kb/s from SI, and that's gonna take more than 12 hours to finish.

Also, is it a full version, or just a demo?

Last edited by Toddzilla : 12-12-2006 at 01:39 PM.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 PM   #506
dacman
College Benchwarmer

WSM 2007 digital download version:

http://www.americansportsgamer.com/d...07elicense.exe

You'll need the patch too (the link above is the 7.0.0 version)

Here's that mirror again: http://files.filefront.com/WSM_701_U.../fileinfo.html

Last edited by dacman : 12-12-2006 at 03:07 PM.
dacman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #507
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Oy, so I just started a career in Northern Ireland (using 06). 3 subs named, 3 used? That's effin' crazy! Have any of you guys played with those rules? If so, how have you dealt with it? Or if not, how would you? I had three outfield subs, and no reserve keeper in my first match, and of course, my keeper got a green cross around the 50th minute. Since I didn't take him out, he is hurt for 2 weeks to a month. The good news, though, is that my 2nd division Dergview took down 1st division Bangor by the score of 8-0! It was 5-0 when the green cross came up -- I might as well have just put an outfield guy in goal. Ah, well. If my outfield keeps playing this well, I can live with my backup keeper for a few weeks.

Last edited by Passacaglia : 12-14-2006 at 08:55 AM.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #508
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dacman View Post
WSM 2007 digital download version:
TYVM!
Old 12-14-2006, 11:42 AM   #509
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Passacaglia View Post
Oy, so I just started a career in Northern Ireland (using 06). 3 subs named, 3 used? That's effin' crazy! Have any of you guys played with those rules? If so, how have you dealt with it? Or if not, how would you? I had three outfield subs, and no reserve keeper in my first match, and of course, my keeper got a green cross around the 50th minute. Since I didn't take him out, he is hurt for 2 weeks to a month. The good news, though, is that my 2nd division Dergview took down 1st division Bangor by the score of 8-0! It was 5-0 when the green cross came up -- I might as well have just put an outfield guy in goal. Ah, well. If my outfield keeps playing this well, I can live with my backup keeper for a few weeks.

Just be glad you aren't playing under old style rules. No subs, even if for injury (I think that was the rule up through the seventies)
Old 12-14-2006, 12:59 PM   #510
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie View Post
Just be glad you aren't playing under old style rules. No subs, even if for injury (I think that was the rule up through the seventies)

Interesting. Anyway, how does that help ME? Should I carry a reserve keeper, or what?
Old 12-14-2006, 01:02 PM   #511
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Interesting. Anyway, how does that help ME? Should I carry a reserve keeper, or what?
All signs point to "yes."
Old 12-14-2006, 02:35 PM   #512
BigDPW
College Prospect

Quote:

I wouldn't... I rarely carry a backup keeper and I play in the EPL with 3 subs and a 5 deep bench... I do carry a keeper when I play in a cup game or in europe simply because those carry more importance for me than the league...

Through all my years of CM/FM I have been burned by this about 5-10 times and considering how many games I have played that is not alot...

I prefer the flexibility of having a CB, Fullback, CM, Winger, and Striker on my bench. Though often times I will carry three midfielders and drop the CB or FB for a couple of games...

I know this is very unorthodox and no one does what I do in real-life but it doesn't bother me to give up a league game every year or so in order to have more flexibility on the bench. I guess if I had some really versatile subs that could play alot of positions it wouldn't matter so much to me.

Seems like I remember one time having a keeper going out around the half with me having a lead and I actually held on to it despite pulling a outfield player in to play keeper.
BigDPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 02:38 PM   #513
path12
Coordinator

I would lean towards 'no' also. If I was only carrying 3 subs a game I'd be willing to risk the odd game or so per season when my keeper gets hurt in favor of having a defender, midfielder and attacker in those spots.
Old 12-14-2006, 02:42 PM   #514
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I agree with the posts above. The chance of you actually needing your backup goalkeeper is much lower than the odds of needing a 3rd outfield player. Unless it is a one-off situation such as a cup tie or league decider, I wouldn't bother with it.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:09 PM   #515
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

mega-n00b question:

What is the file I have to delete/rename in order to get the real names for the competitions (ie UEFA)?
Old 12-14-2006, 03:32 PM   #516
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I guess I carry a backup keeper because I'm not shy about switching them out if one is having a bad game. I'm sure that keepers hate being pulled, but I keep them on a very short leash. Now that I think about it, my strikers always seem to love me, and my keepers always seem to hate me.
Old 12-14-2006, 03:34 PM   #517
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
mega-n00b question:

What is the file I have to delete/rename in order to get the real names for the competitions (ie UEFA)?

To get the Real Names you have to delete files in a directory then ADD a file.. I will look this up. But if you delete all the files in a certain directory (not home, so I can't say what that directory is now), you free up the German national team as well as the Japanese team names I believe
Old 12-14-2006, 04:48 PM   #518
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
I guess I carry a backup keeper because I'm not shy about switching them out if one is having a bad game. I'm sure that keepers hate being pulled, but I keep them on a very short leash. Now that I think about it, my strikers always seem to love me, and my keepers always seem to hate me.

I'm the total opposite -- barring a long bad run of form, my backup keeper is lucky to see any action all season.

I tend to run set lineups whenever I can, unless I've really got a solid platoon situation like a very talented youngster and a good but aging veteran.
Old 12-14-2006, 05:25 PM   #519
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i tend to carry a backup keeper in italy/spain or whatever, along with 2 strikers, a wing defender, a central defender, a central midfielder, and a wing midfielder.

i place a high value on versatility, so i have guys either playing or on the bench who can move around to facilitate replacing virtually any position on the pitch.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 05:36 PM   #520
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i place a high value on versatility, so i have guys either playing or on the bench who can move around to facilitate replacing virtually any position on the pitch.

I am forever looking for backup D RLC's, AM RL's and M RLC's.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:00 PM   #521
dacman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
mega-n00b question:

default location with 701 db:

C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Worldwide Soccer Manager 2007\data\db\701\lnc\all\fake.lnc
Old 12-14-2006, 06:14 PM   #522
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
mega-n00b question:

Here ya go...

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/index.php...le&fileid=2544
Old 12-14-2006, 06:15 PM   #523
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Oops...beat me to it. Looks like the one that I found is a little bit different file but it still works.
Old 12-14-2006, 06:34 PM   #524
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Gracias~!
Old 12-16-2006, 03:43 PM   #525
Critch
lolzcat

I've just seen the return of an annoying bug from old versions of the game.

I'm playing in the Norwegian League as Lillestrom, it's a league match at home to Rosenborg. Lillestrom get two early goals to go 2-0 up. When I go to the tactics screen at half time I notice that the score is showing as 2-1 to Lillestrom, but the main screen still says 2-0. Get into the second half and Lillestrom score again, the main screen says 3-0, the tactic screen still says 2-1. Late on Rosenborg score, then Lillestrom score straight from kickoff, main screen says 4-1, tactic screen still stuck at 2-1. Game finishes as 4-1.

When I end the game the press report says "Lillestrom Edge Out Opponents in Close Encounter" with the score given as 2-1, if I look at the result it's got a phantom Rosenborg goal in the 43rd minute included but no mention of the three second half goals I saw. If I watch the highlights it's got all the goal from the 4-1 version.

I know there was a problem in earlier versions when the result of a game could change, but I thought it was supposed to have been fixed. I'm using the download version of WSM with the latest patch.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:36 PM   #526
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
Utilities/add-ons normally work fine for WSM - when they don't its normally as simple as them looking for an exe called 'FM' instead of WSM and a work-around is normally possible (please note however that most utilities aren't created by SI and therefore the support is somewhat dependant on third-parties).

As far as purchasing goes - either Amazon or DD is great, main thing is to show a real presence in America as that will (hopefully) help us actually get into stores there properly one day.

Well, as far as I can fine there is a grand total of one editor out there and it will not work with WSM. Why are we not getting an official editor? I hate the way the North American customers always get screwed.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 05:43 PM   #527
Critch
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrantDawg View Post
Well, as far as I can fine there is a grand total of one editor out there and it will not work with WSM. Why are we not getting an official editor? I hate the way the North American customers always get screwed.

Is there something wrong with the one that comes with WSM? I've not used it to actually edit something, but it all looked ok when it opened the datafiles.
Critch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:50 PM   #528
GrantDawg
World Champion Mis-speller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post
Is there something wrong with the one that comes with WSM? I've not used it to actually edit something, but it all looked ok when it opened the datafiles.

I didn't see one. I now see that it didn't load into the start menu, but there is one in the program files.

Last edited by GrantDawg : 12-16-2006 at 09:50 PM.
GrantDawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:22 PM   #529
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Critch View Post

Quote:
I didn't see one. I now see that it didn't load into the start menu, but there is one in the program files.
pwn3d.

Old 12-17-2006, 01:56 AM   #530
Leonidas
College Benchwarmer

Just bought the game yesterday, was up far too late playing it with a Celtic dynasty. There seem to be some things missing from 06, like the fact you can't scroll to the next player on the roster from an individual player's screen. And why doesn't Nakamura have at least some proficiency as a striker? I've seen him play it. Oh well, I guess you can't get every position every player on earth can play right . All in all I'm greatly enjoying it, minor things missing aside.
Old 12-23-2006, 05:53 PM   #531
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

Never took the plunge to buy this before, but I did today. Should be interesting!
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 07:41 PM   #532
MrBug708
Head Coach

I had a defender score 4 goals in a ECC qualifier game...pretty cool. Took him 6 months to score another though...
MrBug708 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 07:43 AM   #533
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
Just bought the game yesterday, was up far too late playing it with a Celtic dynasty. There seem to be some things missing from 06, like the fact you can't scroll to the next player on the roster from an individual player's screen. And why doesn't Nakamura have at least some proficiency as a striker? I've seen him play it. Oh well, I guess you can't get every position every player on earth can play right . All in all I'm greatly enjoying it, minor things missing aside.

That's still there on FM, must just be a WSM thing I guess.

Still a couple of huge bugs IMHO - 5 year contracts for FA at lower levels, player histories disappearing after being sent on loan... Plus one I've not seen personally but many appear to at higher levels is chairman selling too many players from under you.

Edit: - I've just found that NAV was not set to ignore Sports Interactive folders... I could have sworn I had done that, but it appears not... Had a save game from between my final match of season 1 and the change to season 2, ran a quick holiday test and the loan histories were still there: as I'd only got to mid July (and was regretting selling my star left winger ) I'll rerun the first off season and keep the histories in place.
Edit 2 - it seems NAV has nothing to do with it - definitely a bug with the histories vanishing when a player is loaned out: it only comes in when the player is then transferred to a new club.

Other than these it's fun again though - SI have finally made up for the slow speed by having a much more active media, and although it's slow, the immersion is finally back again.

As a tip, if you're playing lower level, use the original patch rather than the latest - this doesn't have the 5-year contract problem, but does apparently have a problem of the game releasing players when reneogotiating their contracts... Again, I've not seen it myself, but am definitely saving before every renegotiation Have a couple of random CTDs as well, which is not cool.

Last edited by AlexB : 12-29-2006 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #534
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post

Still a couple of huge bugs IMHO - 5 year contracts for FA at lower levels, player histories disappearing after being sent on loan... Plus one I've not seen personally but many appear to at higher levels is chairman selling too many players from under you.

Other than these it's fun again though - SI have finally made up for the slow speed by having a much more active media, and although it's slow, the immersion is finally back again.

As a tip, if you're playing lower level, use the original patch rather than the latest - this doesn't have the 5-year contract problem, but does apparently have a problem of the game releasing players when reneogotiating their contracts... Again, I've not seen it myself, but am definitely saving before every renegotiation Have a couple of random CTDs as well, which is not cool.

With these issues still occurring, I'm a little concerned about the talk from SI about there not being any more patches. I can't see how they can justify waiting to fix these until next year and really hope they end up doing the right thing
Old 12-24-2006, 11:04 AM   #535
Shepp
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post

With these issues still occurring, I'm a little concerned about the talk from SI about there not being any more patches. I can't see how they can justify waiting to fix these until next year and really hope they end up doing the right thing
Old 12-28-2006, 03:16 PM   #536
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

QQ:

I'm managing Peterhead in the Scottish 1st division, and I've been asked to manage the USA National team. Can I hold both jobs at once, or will I have to quit Peterhead to manage USA?
Old 12-28-2006, 03:27 PM   #537
Passacaglia
Coordinator

You can have both.
Old 12-28-2006, 05:39 PM   #538
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

How common should training injuries be? I have my schedules set right on the line "medium" and don't think that they are too strenuous, but I get the bi-weekly injury to one of my guys...etc. Is this common or should you expect a training injury to be fairly rare?
Old 12-28-2006, 05:58 PM   #539
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
How common should training injuries be? I have my schedules set right on the line "medium" and don't think that they are too strenuous, but I get the bi-weekly injury to one of my guys...etc. Is this common or should you expect a training injury to be fairly rare?

How long is a piece of string? Difficult to say - I set my training one notch below heavy, and am generally not unhappy with the injury rate. I had one two or three week spell where I had about five players go down in training, but put it down to bad luck.

Certainly training injuries are not rare - when scouting players, treat the 'may be susceptible to injuries' comment as a big red flag
Old 12-31-2006, 06:11 PM   #540
SackAttack
Head Coach

I've noticed that my tax burden has gone up 50% from last season under 7.0.0., from $30m to almost $45m.

Anybody know, if I patch, do I need to start a new career, or will it resolve that issue in the existing one?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:20 PM   #541
Ramzavail
College Starter

good question, I came here to ask if it was smart to patch up to 7.0.1 - I having a great career at MK Dons/USA and I'd hate to screw it up.
Ramzavail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 08:45 PM   #542
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzavail View Post
good question, I came here to ask if it was smart to patch up to 7.0.1 - I having a great career at MK Dons/USA and I'd hate to screw it up.

I haven't noticed any real showstoppers, but I am having a much harder time winning than usual.
Old 01-03-2007, 09:42 PM   #543
Young Drachma
Dark Cloud

I've never owned it before, bought it recently and find it really fun and engrossing. Not as much as say, EHM is for me since I know hockey better and obviously not on a basebal level for me. But, it's fun and interesting enough to hold my attention for a long while. Good times.
Young Drachma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:43 AM   #544
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

"Move to Reserves... Until Match Fit"

I've been having trouble with this, though it may just be in my mind.

On the surface of it - this ability seems like a great idea. First Team player gets injured, send him to the Reserves "Until Match Fit" and don't have to worry about keeping tabs on him until he's ready to play again.

Only it doesn't seem to work all that well, for me. Maybe it's because I'm still managing minnows Queen's Park (got them to the Scottish First Division!) and my Reserves have a pretty sporadic match schedule, but it seems that sometimes the gap between a play recovering from injury, and then becoming match fit in the reserves, can last months.

Could this also be a function of Queen's Park still being Semi-Professional and thus all my players are still part-timers? Or is the function just a bit buggy?
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 12:44 PM   #545
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
Could this also be a function of Queen's Park still being Semi-Professional and thus all my players are still part-timers? Or is the function just a bit buggy?
I guess that could be a factor, along with the sporadic schedule. It seems like this year, guys can get to "match fit" a lot quicker than in years past.

I love this new function of being able to send guys down and have them sent back up automatically, it really saves time each week. Also, it makes it so you don't forget to bring them back up. And I really haven't found that when I send players down until "match fit" that they get lost that much at all.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:56 PM   #546
BigDPW
College Prospect

I typically at the beginning of each season make sure that I have my reserves play friendly matches when every there is a lull in their reserve league schedule. It is a pain in the *ss but after going through and creating about 20-30 friendlies for them I never have to much trouble with sending players down and getting them back fit...
Old 01-04-2007, 09:34 PM   #547
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by flere-imsaho View Post
"Move to Reserves... Until Match Fit"

I've been having trouble with this, though it may just be in my mind.

On the surface of it - this ability seems like a great idea. First Team player gets injured, send him to the Reserves "Until Match Fit" and don't have to worry about keeping tabs on him until he's ready to play again.

Only it doesn't seem to work all that well, for me. Maybe it's because I'm still managing minnows Queen's Park (got them to the Scottish First Division!) and my Reserves have a pretty sporadic match schedule, but it seems that sometimes the gap between a play recovering from injury, and then becoming match fit in the reserves, can last months.

i thought this was broken and hadn't been fixed in the last patch?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:30 AM   #548
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
i thought this was broken and hadn't been fixed in the last patch?

Works OK for me in the Conference, with the first build of the patch.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:19 AM   #549
BigDPW
College Prospect

I am certain it is working with the latest patch. I cannot speak to earlier builds though! I play with EPL team - Tottenham Hotspur...

Last edited by BigDPW : 01-05-2007 at 09:20 AM.
Old 01-05-2007, 09:26 AM   #550
flere-imsaho
Coordinator

Thanks for the advice folks. I'll try setting up more friendlies for my reserves to combat the issue.
flere-imsaho is offline   Reply With Quote