Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 09-12-2006, 03:24 PM   #501
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Phone records show Art Shell has received a call from St. Louis. The wiretap transcript reads as follows:

"Art, this is Jim Haslett. You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until that bitch starts fumbling. Good luck!"
Old 09-12-2006, 03:27 PM   #502
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Damnit! All is not well in Steeler land either then! What's Porter doing at the Raiders' practice!

I typed the wrong Porter. . . or maybe Jerry changed his name to Joey in hopes of having an impact on a game again.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:35 PM   #503
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Phone records show Art Shell has received a call from St. Louis. The wiretap transcript reads as follows:

"Art, this is Jim Haslett. You ain't seen nothin' yet. Wait until that bitch starts fumbling. Good luck!"

Aggg. . . you reminded me. Prior to the Raider fumble on their second to last possession and the final drive, I was thinking that this could possibly be the worst offensive performence without a turnover in the history of the league.

Prior to those two drives the Raiders had ran 37 plays and gained 47 yards.

Alas, the darned fumble and then the big finishing drive put them out of reach for complete ineptitude. Sad really.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 03:51 PM   #504
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Love this stat of the week from the TMQ:

The Oakland Raiders had as many sacks (9) and punts (9) as first downs (9).
Old 09-13-2006, 03:09 AM   #505
AlexB
Pro Starter

Was it just me or did the 'whooshing' and clicking noises everytime Fox's down/yardage or menu bar changed really piss people off. It actually destroyed the first half of the Atlanta/Carolina game for me as I kept getting wound up by the 'ffffftttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzppp' noise in particular....
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 07:15 AM   #506
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Was it just me or did the 'whooshing' and clicking noises everytime Fox's down/yardage or menu bar changed really piss people off. It actually destroyed the first half of the Atlanta/Carolina game for me as I kept getting wound up by the 'ffffftttttttzzzzzzzzzzzzzzppp' noise in particular....
They've been doing this stuff for two or three years now. Sadly, I've gotten used to it.
Old 09-13-2006, 07:28 AM   #507
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

What I'm getting sick of is messing with the mix of the crowd noise and announcers. There were a couple of games where I could barely hear the announcers underneath a way-too-loud crowd. It's mostly Fox games. Either have an announcing crew or don't, but if you're going to have them, don't bury them in the mix so that I have to hear a loud, screaming crowd just to figure out what the announcers are saying.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote