Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Werewolf Games
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 02-22-2006, 04:00 PM   #501
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince
The only thing I can come up with (outside of him being a pirate) is that Blade is the Paranoid Treasure Hunter, and Barkeep asked him if he wanted to do anything about it after realizing someone was watching him.
Look at paths post...you can follow his actions or not, but he mentioned my role...No one noticed my hint about running earlier?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:01 PM   #502
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Why not stop beating around the bush and throw out the name of the person who killed SunDvls?
i dont know who killed sun, and if i had revealed my actual AP totals wolfs would have come after me quickly. I dont expect the other athletes to role reveal for fun either
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #503
Vince
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit
Good strategy.

But I want to point out again, that I don't think mines replenish. First, it doesn't make sense because gold mines don't just grow more gold overnight. But based on the wording of the rules, I think that a mine will produce the same amount of gold on every dig to every player until the gold runs out and then it will be dead for the remainder of the game.

I could be wrong, but that's how I read it.

I think people just keep mis-using the word replenish (though Alan was using it correctly the first time). I think King means "if the site still has gold left."

Might be worth it to throw in a conditional set of orders if you find one of those 'gold mines:'

AP1-6: Dig -- if return 0 gold at any point, move XX-XX, Dig.

It would suck to waste all your APs digging on a site that is spent, and Barkeep already confirmed for me that conditional orders are allowed.

At this point, the only thing that is keeping my vote from Blade is the fact that I'm still undecided as to whether it's better to have RA in or out of jail.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Vince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:02 PM   #504
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
The only thing I can come up with (outside of him being a pirate) is that Blade is the Paranoid Treasure Hunter, and Barkeep asked him if he wanted to do anything about it after realizing someone was watching him.

The problem is , with the way Blade is playing he is leaving it up to us to "trust him" or not without any proof or any future plan of proof. Blade has already lied to us twice this game (1 time about dig amounts and 1 time saying he was a standard treasure hunter when he now is saying he isnt), and it isnt even past evening 1 yet.

My biggest issue right now is that I don't trust anyone at this point. I don't know if I believe Raiders & Penny right now, but Penny has given aparently truthful answers the two times I sent questions his way.. I think for now I'm going to

UNVOTE Raiders Army
VOTE Blade

Keep in mind, we aren't killing you or removing you from the game, but maybe some jail time will help you think about things
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #505
hoopsguy
General Manager

Alan, I don't have a trusted group. I just have a list that I trust did not kill SnDvls last night.

And as far as creating some type of linkage between you and Blade, I wanted to put that out there as a reminder that you had brought up the idea of the square replentishing, which I had not seen anywhere else. Nor do I see it in the square you are listing.

When stories start to spin beyond my understanding of the facts, that sends up a red flag. The fact that you triggered a red flag while providing a story for Blade is where I drew the linkage. This doesn't mean that there really is any reason for the linkage, but that is what I saw at the time. And that I will probably be a little more sensitive going forward to play where the two of you seem to align, just as I would with Penny and Raiders.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #506
Vince
Pro Starter

Blade, every single game we play in, you confuse me

Josh, screw you for sweeping me in the DKBL this morning.
Every time a Dodger scores a run, an angel has its wings ripped off by a demon, and is forced to tearfully beg the demon to cauterize the wounds.The demon will refuse, and the sobbing angel will lie in a puddle of angel blood and feathers for eternity, wondering why the Dodgers are allowed to score runs.That’s not me talking: that’s science. McCoveyChronicles.com.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #507
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan T
Keep in mind, we aren't killing you or removing you from the game, but maybe some jail time will help you think about things
My time in jail will only give me more time to recognize who the pirates are...i already have 3 suspects above the rest, with a 4th rising
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 04:04 PM   #508
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
Look at paths post...you can follow his actions or not, but he mentioned my role...No one noticed my hint about running earlier?

So now you are hinting to be the athlete?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #509
Vince
Pro Starter

Well, I have to get ready for work -- I'm comfortable with jailing either Blade or RA, and as it seems that those are the two that are under the gun right now (does anyone have an updated vote tally? I'm running out of time, or I'd do it), I'm ok with leaving my vote on RA and bowing out.

Good luck tonight guys.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:06 PM   #510
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
So now you are hinting to be the athlete?

More than hinting, it seems to me. But all the pirates have the same trait (fleet of foot).
Old 02-22-2006, 04:08 PM   #511
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
i dont know who killed sun, and if i had revealed my actual AP totals wolfs would have come after me quickly. I dont expect the other athletes to role reveal for fun either

Ummm.... Being an athlete doesn't explain what you did yesterday. If you had 5 AP, you were lying about 2 actions that are unnaccounted for in your earlier post. But if you're the athlete, you actually have 3 unnaccounted for actions, so it just makes your lie bigger.

Vote Blade6119.
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #512
Poli
FOFC Survivor

My thoughts:

Raiders Army, pennywisesb are gold in my mind. I don't get what all RA is saying, but the PM verification seals it for me. I think it's way too early for a wolf/pirate/whatever to vouch for another. It's a setup for failure if that's the case.

Saldana is on my good side, as are the others such as kwhit et al. that vouched for each other. I'm trying not to hold silence against anyone. The rules of the game are definitely restraining me. I still don't feel I have a good foothold on what I'm doing.

While my obligatory vote for Schmidty stands, I do think Blade is hiding something. I try not to factor previous games into the mix, though I do factor in experience in these games. Blade took a role that was designed to be independent and went completely into left field with it in the last game. I have no idea what he's up to, but it seems to me every time he does this kind of stuff (being shady, shifty, whatever), he's been a villager (or whatever title we have at the time). Last game he wasn't even a survivor and still felt compelled to help them.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:09 PM   #513
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
More than hinting, it seems to me. But all the pirates have the same trait (fleet of foot).

Well the reason this seems puzzling to me is... he only dug once apparently, he didn't travel far, yet now claims to be able to move faster/further than the rest of us.

So now its not 2 movement AP that are uncounted for, but instead its 3? I think in some ways, that just makes it worse.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #514
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ummm.... Being an athlete doesn't explain what you did yesterday. If you had 5 AP, you were lying about 2 actions that are unnaccounted for in your earlier post. But if you're the athlete, you actually have 3 unnaccounted for actions, so it just makes your lie bigger.

Vote Blade6119.

You beat me to my arguement that I was trying to drag out!
Old 02-22-2006, 04:10 PM   #515
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
wow, so first i picked a square adjacent to his death scene, and claim to know where he actually died and not where it says he did...then i hint that im an athlete, the only role that shares traits with pirates....sweet jesus, do you think me a complete idiot? I know i messed up with the digs, sorry to lie....but if you look at past games i do it quite often, regardless of alliance
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 04:11 PM   #516
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Blade screwed up again. He posted the athlete reveal in order to explain something that we didn't even know about!! We had no idea that he could move an extra space or get an extra AP, but he came out with a reveal that explains it - but doesn't explain what he did in the 2 APs that he lied about before.

I'm almost positive he's a pirate at this point.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #517
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:

Vote Blade6119.
I did not use my fleet of foot yesterday,
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 04:12 PM   #518
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:
I'm pretty sure Blade screwed up again. He posted the athlete reveal in order to explain something that we didn't even know about!! We had no idea that he could move an extra space or get an extra AP, but he came out with a reveal that explains it - but doesn't explain what he did in the 2 APs that he lied about before.

I'm almost positive he's a pirate at this point.
My head's starting to hurt again. I'm going to have to read up on blade it looks like.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:13 PM   #519
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I think people just keep mis-using the word replenish (though Alan was using it correctly the first time). I think King means "if the site still has gold left."

Might be worth it to throw in a conditional set of orders if you find one of those 'gold mines:'

AP1-6: Dig -- if return 0 gold at any point, move XX-XX, Dig.

It would suck to waste all your APs digging on a site that is spent, and Barkeep already confirmed for me that conditional orders are allowed.

At this point, the only thing that is keeping my vote from Blade is the fact that I'm still undecided as to whether it's better to have RA in or out of jail.
Great idea about the conditional orders. Also, I'm playing my plan under the assumption that at least a few of these squares are LOADED. Especially since Barkeep set the bar at 100 and 125 for the Pirates.

As far as prison goes, let's just say we don't lock up a pirate. It will cost us 11 gp to find out his role and free him. Seems like a steep cost and right now are two main supects are players who supposedly have roles on our side. So not only will we not be locking up a pirate today, but we will be losing 10% of what we need to win.

I'm leaning more and more to having a few people watch and while the rest dig. The trick is how to do this effectively and I think I already mentioned how to do this.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:14 PM   #520
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
wow, so first i picked a square adjacent to his death scene, and claim to know where he actually died and not where it says he did...then i hint that im an athlete, the only role that shares traits with pirates....sweet jesus, do you think me a complete idiot? I know i messed up with the digs, sorry to lie....but if you look at past games i do it quite often, regardless of alliance

Your not being vouched for somewhere else is what put you on my initial target list of 6-8 people. Your story about how you used your turns and then coming out later as being found out in a lie convinced me it was enough to move a vote to you from Raiders. Your coming out of a role after saying you wern't going to role reveal this early didn't help me any. Coming out with a role that really doesn't tell me what you did makes it worse.. but its the 2 (or now 3) uncounted for APs that convince me you are the right vote for today.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #521
kingfc22
Head Coach

dola just read Blade's latest post and I'm not sure he is good anymore.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #522
hoopsguy
General Manager

VOTE BLADE6119

I think that he is a more likely wolf than Raiders. I would expect that we will spend the 4 GP to verify his role.

Also, just putting out a friendly reminder for people to put money into the bank and create wills in the event of something happening this evening. I don't want the pirates picking up on a villager who has found a good spot (have a couple of ideas on this already, but I don't see a reason to expand on this) contribute too much to the pirate fund.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:15 PM   #523
Blade6119
Coordinator

Ill be back late tonight, jail away...but it looks like we have a set of wolves developing against myself(and raiders...odd the same people called him out)....So when i die clean, go after people like hoops, kwhit, and path....and as of now i am really starting to trust alan and king....dont make a mistake, best of luck in the rest of the game. Toss me a PM when you die raiders, we can vent together
Demotivation
Old 02-22-2006, 04:16 PM   #524
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Great idea about the conditional orders. Also, I'm playing my plan under the assumption that at least a few of these squares are LOADED. Especially since Barkeep set the bar at 100 and 125 for the Pirates.

As far as prison goes, let's just say we don't lock up a pirate. It will cost us 11 gp to find out his role and free him. Seems like a steep cost and right now are two main supects are players who supposedly have roles on our side. So not only will we not be locking up a pirate today, but we will be losing 10% of what we need to win.

I'm leaning more and more to having a few people watch and while the rest dig. The trick is how to do this effectively and I think I already mentioned how to do this.

I'm tossing ideas in my head at what the most effective method of handling this is.. I think the role reveals are more important to me than the bailing out. Finding out if someone lied or not about their role helps create trust circles which can also sometimes clear or incriminate others. it can also help us decide who is best to approach about developing a monopoly. Just because we find out that we mistakenly jailed a fellow miner, does not mean they have to be bailed out that very turn if for some reason we can't/do not want.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #525
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy
VOTE BLADE6119

I think that he is a more likely wolf than Raiders. I would expect that we will spend the 4 GP to verify his role.

Also, just putting out a friendly reminder for people to put money into the bank and create wills in the event of something happening this evening. I don't want the pirates picking up on a villager who has found a good spot (have a couple of ideas on this already, but I don't see a reason to expand on this) contribute too much to the pirate fund.

I asked barkeep earlier, but he hasnt responded. Do you know if we can put money in the bank during the evening without using a turn? or can that only be done as a turn in the morning?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:17 PM   #526
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I did not use my fleet of foot yesterday,

Why would you not use it? It doesn't run out after two uses or anything like that. Why would you not take advantage of what amounts to an extra AP?????
Old 02-22-2006, 04:18 PM   #527
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ill be back late tonight, jail away...but it looks like we have a set of wolves developing against myself(and raiders...odd the same people called him out)....So when i die clean, go after people like hoops, kwhit, and path....and as of now i am really starting to trust alan and king....dont make a mistake, best of luck in the rest of the game. Toss me a PM when you die raiders, we can vent together

Just out of curiosity why do you trust me and not kwhit, or vice versa? Since we said basically the exact same things at about the same time almost the entire day? Now I feel like you are trying to throw a smoke screen.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:19 PM   #528
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Why would you not use it? It doesn't run out after two uses or anything like that. Why would you not take advantage of what amounts to an extra AP?????

I can think of a reason.

Can someone come up with how many APs it would take to go out there, kill Sndvls and get back to C-5 to dig?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #529
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I love it. You're caught in a lie. You haven't given us any reason to think you're a TH and yet the people who are pushing for jailing you are prime suspects? No, we're just going after the ONLY person who has done ANYTHING suspicious at this point.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #530
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Athlete (Treasure Hunter)
Fleet of Foot Trait: Once per Morning Cycle this player may move the equivalent of two AP with one move action

Is it me or is fleet of foot a one time thing....?

Blade and RA in the same region, with lies and damn lies....curious...I would assume that the pirate would have to be in the vicinity of Sndvls to kill him.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #531
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I asked barkeep earlier, but he hasnt responded. Do you know if we can put money in the bank during the evening without using a turn? or can that only be done as a turn in the morning?
I think we have to travel (1 AP) to the bank. I would hope that we would not waste the trip this early in the game especially if you only have 1 or 2 GP's. I think that AP has better uses at this point in the game. Also, if the Pirates can kill us on D5 I think it would be a bad idea to make such a predictable move.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:22 PM   #532
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot

Blade and RA in the same region, with lies and damn lies....curious...I would assume that the pirate would have to be in the vicinity of Sndvls to kill him.

Its once per morning period. That says to me its reusable every day.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #533
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:

I read it as fleet of foot can be used once a day every day.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #534
kingfc22
Head Coach

VOTE BLADE

I just don't buy it. Now we just have to figure out how to get someone 4 GP and safely to D4 with someone watching as well.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #535
KWhit
Coordinator

Alan - You and I are like the same person in this thread.

Kind of scary. I hope you're a TH.

Old 02-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #536
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Once per morning...why not say /every/ morning...I mean...you can only go out in mornings anyway, unless you camp out....
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 02-22-2006, 04:25 PM   #537
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
VOTE BLADE

I just don't buy it. Now we just have to figure out how to get someone 4 GP and safely to D4 with someone watching as well.

Didnt we all return to D4?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:26 PM   #538
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
I can think of a reason.

Can someone come up with how many APs it would take to go out there, kill Sndvls and get back to C-5 to dig?

One possible movement possibility would be:

AP1: Watch Sndvls (according to rules you auto-follow them?) moves him from D4 -> C5
AP2: Watch Sndvls again, moves him from C5-> B6
AP3: kill action
AP4: move B6 -> C5
AP5: Dig.

If he does have fleet of foot, he could also do a hide between AP3 and AP4.

I think Blade had the opportunity to do the crime, and has some evidence against him. Enough for a warrant at least.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #539
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
I can think of a reason.

AP 1: Move to C5
AP 2: Move to B6 (since that's sndvls was found)
AP 3: Kill Sndvls
AP 4: Move to C5
AP 5: Dig

But we don't even know that he dug for sure, right? And he could have used Fleet of Foot and just be lying about it.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #540
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

My understanding is unless you camp out, you return to D4 after every morning.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:27 PM   #541
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

Typical. We vote for you, so that means we're pirates, even though it's you who are lying and STILL not coming clean with us as to what the hell was going on.

Blade, I respect your ability in these games and have learned a lot from you in the short time I've been playing, but it comes down to this -- if you're going to be evasive and not help the treasure hunters, you're too damn good at this to leave out of jail.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #542
KWhit
Coordinator

Heh.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:28 PM   #543
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Alan - You and I are like the same person in this thread.

Kind of scary. I hope you're a TH.

Well its making me feel a bit more trust for you as it seems you are following the same lines of thought as I have been so far.. Which I think is a decent one for THs to follow.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #544
KWhit
Coordinator

Quote:
Well its making me feel a bit more trust for you as it seems you are following the same lines of thought as I have been so far.. Which I think is a decent one for THs to follow.

Carry the torch for me while I'm gone. I gotta run, but will be back in a few hours.

Later, guys.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 PM   #545
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Anyone got a vote count?
Old 02-22-2006, 04:31 PM   #546
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Sorry, meant C4 (police station)
Old 02-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #547
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
I just don't buy it. Now we just have to figure out how to get someone 4 GP and safely to C4 with someone watching as well.
This is how my post should have read. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:37 PM   #548
hoopsguy
General Manager

Move (1)
Move (2)
Hide (3)
Kill (4)
Dig (5)

But this argument does not make Blade the pirate killer.

I don't understand Blade right now, but I want him on my side. Since he is behaving erratic (even by Blade standards) I think we jail him and then pay for the reveal. As mentioned earlier, we can then determine the relative value of paying for his return to the fold.

To the best of our knowledge, men do not die in jail. So his morbid messages about sending post-game PMs to Raiders don't wash with me either.

Blade is always suspicious of me - every game - so telling people to watch me closely doesn't bother me in the least. If you are a treasure hunter please watch me dig. If you are a pirate please watch me hide.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:38 PM   #549
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

unvote Raiders
vote Blade

Makes sense to me...but I think we should continue to keep an eye on GreenhornArmy
Old 02-22-2006, 04:41 PM   #550
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Anyone got a vote count?
(300) Grammaticus Votes king (1)
(302) Vince votes blade (1)
(304) Vince UNVOTES blade (0)
(304) Vince votes Raiders army (1)
(315) Qwikshot votes Blade (1)
(333) ardent votes Schmidty (1)
(334) Alan votes Raiders army (2)
(351) Penny votes Raiders Army (3)
(352) Hoops votes Raiders army (4)
(353) Saldana votes Raiders army (5)
(354) Qwikshot UNVOTES Blade (0)
(354) Qwikshot votes Raiders Army (6)
(357) Kwhit votes Raiders Army (7)
(363) Schmidty votes Raiders Army (8)
(366) Kwhite UNVOTES Raiders Army (7)
(374) penny UNVOTES Raiders Army (6)
(447) Hoops UNVOTES Raiders Army (5)
(500) path votes Blade (1)
(504) Alan UNVOTES Raiders Army (4)
(504) Alan votes Blade (2)
(511) Kwhit votes Blade (3)
(522) hoops votes Blade (4)
(534) King votes Blade (5)

Which by my count makes it Blade 5, Raiders 4, Schmidty 1, King 1

On another note, does anyone find it odd or ironic or something that Vince voted for (accidentally at first) both of the two people who later would be the controversial discussions of today before the controversy happened?