Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2005, 05:53 PM   #501
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards4ever
Thanks for the response, I'll look for it when I get to that then.

If you are in season, the easiest way is to simply flick through each state. (left d-pad on the PS2) Right beside the players location, it'll have pipeline written in ()
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 05:55 PM   #502
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead
Am I the only one throwing massive amounts of INTs? It seems like the defense is always playing zone and there is one guy I never see.

I've only thrown 3 with Leinart in 9 games, but I rarely throw into coverage.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:04 PM   #503
PSUColonel
Banned

Does anyone have some realistic sliders at this point?
PSUColonel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:27 PM   #504
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts
I've just spent half an hour reading th entire 10 pages of this thread, and it sounds like a typical EA release - initial wow factor, follwed by exasperation as serious flaws are gradually exposed in the game, which leads to a never ending quest to find a set of sliders that set the game as it should be...

Hopefully Madden will be different, but history suggests otherwise

the game has been rather disappointing, there's a good chance my copy will be on ebay before the night is over
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:35 PM   #505
jbmagic
Pro Starter

pancakes also makes it easier to recruit all the good offensive line players too in dynasty. because with pancakes your offensive line will be all american and recruits wants to come and play for you.

also all american awards you will get most of them from your offensive line because of pancakes.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:44 PM   #506
HerRealName
College Prospect

I've been getting some good results today with the following settings. They are based off of Jistic's set over on Operation Sports but with Knockdowns at a higher level. I haven't been keeping stats since I've mostly just been playing halves with random team but I'm comfortable enough with how it is playing to start my dynasty. I'm really enjoying 2006 after the debacle of 2005 last year.

Offense (Human Listed First)
ACC 80/85
PB 99/65
CAT 99/99
RB ABL 45/45
RUN BLK 20/50

Defense (Human Listed First)
AWR 50/50
KD 25/35
INT 5/10
BRK 55/30
TAK 50/60

S/T (Forgot the Category, Human listed first)
35/30
30/30
45/45
45/45
45/45

Penalties
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 06:54 PM   #507
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
CAT 99/99

Are we not looking for open men? Geez, I'm having good stats for myself on AA with it set at 60
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:14 PM   #508
HerRealName
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Are we not looking for open men? Geez, I'm having good stats for myself on AA with it set at 60

I know what you mean - I thought that was odd when I saw it as well. I have had some drops even with that 99 setting, once with Ted Ginn when he was open in the end zone and in the zone.

On default AA, I beat Miami (Oh) with Ohio State 87-14 in my first game on '06. With the sliders I beat them like 45-7 (I took the starters out in the 4th quarter both games). I was blowing out Texas at halftime on default AA, I was down 10-7 with the sliders at halftime when I was testing the sliders.

I also thought it strange to have Pass Block so high but Texas is able to get plenty of pressure even with that 99.
HerRealName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 07:31 PM   #509
TroyF
Coordinator

OK, just simming games week by week I got thrown on probation. Where am I supposed to look for the jack asses so I can suspend them? (PS2)

My copy won't be on EBay anytime soon FWIW.
Old 07-16-2005, 07:44 PM   #510
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Well I just had a great game against Cal which was ranked 7th in the nation going into the game. I threw 2 intercepetions early which spotted them a 10 point lead (I knew I shouldn't have jinxed myself by mentioning I had only thrown 3 all year.) There impact LB and SS totally shut down my running game. Perhaps, I lowered run blocking too low (I have it down at 30%) as they were constantly busting into my backfield. Reggie Bush only had 71 yards on 23 carries and that included one 32 yard run that he broke off. In any case, it was a fun game, but my heart fluttered when they threw 3 deep balls at the end. However, my defensive backs stopped them every time. In the end, I won 35-31
Old 07-16-2005, 08:26 PM   #511
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
i sim a season and i check season stats for all teams the highest anybody player got for pancake is 41.

it seems like pancake is high still no matter what you put for the run blk slider. your going to end up with way way more than 41 pancake for one player for a dynasty season.

this is going to cause problems with offensive line players for human progressing faster than cpu teams. its a problem if you play a dynasty.

I don't know how high they have to be to have a significant impact then. Going into my second season the only 2 returning players from my All American OL both improved 4 points max, and there wasn't very much improvement during the season so the high pancake numbers don't appear to have much effect at all.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:31 PM   #512
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
Well I just had a great game against Cal which was ranked 7th in the nation going into the game. I threw 2 intercepetions early which spotted them a 10 point lead (I knew I shouldn't have jinxed myself by mentioning I had only thrown 3 all year.) There impact LB and SS totally shut down my running game. Perhaps, I lowered run blocking too low (I have it down at 30%) as they were constantly busting into my backfield. Reggie Bush only had 71 yards on 23 carries and that included one 32 yard run that he broke off. In any case, it was a fun game, but my heart fluttered when they threw 3 deep balls at the end. However, my defensive backs stopped them every time. In the end, I won 35-31
It's pretty crazy! Sometimes Im blowing teams away and other times Im praying I dont make a mistake.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:38 PM   #513
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyF
If you are in season, the easiest way is to simply flick through each state. (left d-pad on the PS2) Right beside the players location, it'll have pipeline written in ()

Thanks for the tip. Why didn't they just put that on your coaching screen too? I'm betting that none of the guys I'm inseason recruiting have the pipeline.
Old 07-16-2005, 08:45 PM   #514
NoMyths
Poet in Residence

Quote:
There impact LB and SS totally shut down my running game.
THEIR!!! THEIR!!! You're a board-certified psychiatrist, for God's sake!!!
NoMyths is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:11 PM   #515
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

My Memphis Tigers visited Houston for a matchup against the Cougars.

That jackhole Lee Corso has picked Houston to win the game.

My Tigers have other ideas, though. We plan for today to be the DeAngelo Williams show (1.6mb)! Unfortunately, Houston doesn't agree as the Cougs strike early with a 69-yard touchdown bomb (7.0mb). Later, with the score 7-3, DeAngelo Williams comes through with an outside scamper (5.1mb) to give the Tigers their first lead of the game. The Cougars answer with under two minutes to go in the first half with another touchdown strike (2.9mb). It looks like the teams will head to the locker room with Houston nursing a small 4-point lead until Memphis WR Taz Knockum catches a laser (7.9mb) that finds it way over several bodies. Two plays later, DeAngelo finds the end zone for the second time (3.3mb) as he zips around the left side.

The Tigers and Cougars go to halftime with Memphis leading, 17-14. Eat THAT, Corso!

I've already finished the game and have the highlights cut for the second half. I'll post those in a little while.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:13 PM   #516
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Im concerned that AA difficulty is almost too easy, I guess I'll switch to Heisman in another year or twon (in game years).
Old 07-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #517
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMyths
THEIR!!! THEIR!!! You're a board-certified psychiatrist, for God's sake!!!

:o

Oops. I used to make that mistake many times. I had been watching it closely the last few months, but it still creeps back occasionally.

In regards to game impressions, I'm back to using almost no sliders. I've noticed that a 99 rating is vastly different than a 89 rating. For example, Lendell White has 89 stamina (I think.) On the other hand, Reggie Bush has a 99 stamina. Bush almost never tires, but after a few big runs or 8 or 9 shorter runs, White does become tired. I suspect that the large gradient between a 89 and a 99 is true for many other attributes as well.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:15 PM   #518
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
My Memphis Tigers visited Houston for a matchup against the Cougars.

That jackhole Lee Corso has picked Houston to win the game.

My Tigers have other ideas, though. We plan for today to be the DeAngelo Williams show (1.6mb)! Unfortunately, Houston doesn't agree as the Cougs strike early with a 69-yard touchdown bomb (7.0mb). Later, with the score 7-3, DeAngelo Williams comes through with an outside scamper (5.1mb) to give the Tigers their first lead of the game. The Cougars answer with under two minutes to go in the first half with another touchdown strike (2.9mb). It looks like the teams will head to the locker room with Houston nursing a small 4-point lead until Memphis WR Taz Knockum catches a laser (7.9mb) that finds it way over several bodies. Two plays later, DeAngelo finds the end zone for the second time (3.3mb) as he zips around the left side.

The Tigers and Cougars go to halftime with Memphis leading, 17-14. Eat THAT, Corso!

I've already finished the game and have the highlights cut for the second half. I'll post those in a little while.

Dola: It seems that they cut down the pre game stuff (almost important pre game scouting report) to see Corso put a Helmet, mask et ala on his head. I really didnt like the pre game stuff this year. gameplay wise I cant complain though.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:16 PM   #519
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Im concerned that AA difficulty is almost too easy, I guess I'll switch to Heisman in another year or twon (in game years).

I had started to think the same thing, but now I'm getting challenges on AA. Honestly, if the kick meter didn't go so damn fast on Heisman, I'd probably play it, but that's not the case.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:17 PM   #520
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:

Have you used any sliders yet? I've been fooling around with them some, and you can make the game very challenging on AA with some CPU slanted sliders, if you wish to do so.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:19 PM   #521
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors
I had started to think the same thing, but now I'm getting challenges on AA. Honestly, if the kick meter didn't go so damn fast on Heisman, I'd probably play it, but that's not the case.
I'll probably schedule an additional non MWC team the next few years to get a real fight. So far my UNLV dynasty has only had to fight off UNM 34-28 IN OT. The rest of the MWC, to my surprise are push overs.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:32 PM   #522
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dola: It seems that they cut down the pre game stuff (almost important pre game scouting report) to see Corso put a Helmet, mask et ala on his head. I really didnt like the pre game stuff this year. gameplay wise I cant complain though.

Yeah, I liked the players coming out of the tunnel much better than Corso putting on mascot helmets.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 09:33 PM   #523
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
:o

Oops. I used to make that mistake many times. I had been watching it closely the last few months, but it still creeps back occasionally.

In regards to game impressions, I'm back to using almost no sliders. I've noticed that a 99 rating is vastly different than a 89 rating. For example, Lendell White has 89 stamina (I think.) On the other hand, Reggie Bush has a 99 stamina. Bush almost never tires, but after a few big runs or 8 or 9 shorter runs, White does become tired. I suspect that the large gradient between a 89 and a 99 is true for many other attributes as well.

I've noticed that if you have an "impact" player, he won't tire much at all... and if he's "in the zone", he won't tire at all during that time.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:35 PM   #524
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I'm going to play on default AA until I go undefeated, then I'll move up to Heisman defaults. That could be awhile.
Old 07-16-2005, 09:36 PM   #525
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Less than a minute into the second half, the Tigers roar out of the gate with a 50-yard touchdown pass (3.1mb). Memphis leads, 24-14. Later, with the Memphis lead cut to 3, Houston tailback Anthony Evans takes over. He survives this big hit (2.2mb), converts a pivotal third-and-short (1.8mb), and then ignites his home crowd with a beautiful run (8.3mb) to give Houston a 31-24 lead. Things look bleak for the Tigers until the defense comes up big with a third-and-1 stop to get the ball back (4.1mb). Unfortunately, the wheels finally come off for Memphis as an ill-advised throw from QB Patrick Byrne gets picked off (3.4mb) and returned for the game-sealing touchdown. Houston wins, 38-24. Up yours, Corso.

Old 07-16-2005, 09:37 PM   #526
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I've noticed that if you have an "impact" player, he won't tire much at all... and if he's "in the zone", he won't tire at all during that time.

Ahh, that could be it.

In regards to your second post, I'm probably going to go undefeated, but I don't want to move up quite yet However, I'll probably try Heisman in 1 to 2 game years.
Old 07-16-2005, 10:50 PM   #527
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Ahh, that could be it.

In regards to your second post, I'm probably going to go undefeated, but I don't want to move up quite yet However, I'll probably try Heisman in 1 to 2 game years.

Well, to your defense, you are playing with USC.

I'm up 17-14 at half vs #20 Iowa St. I knocked out their impact HB in the first quarter so now the game takes a great turn for us. This would be a huge win, especially since my future QB hopeful is watching the game at home.

GO TIGERS!!! MIZZOURAH!!!!
Old 07-16-2005, 11:21 PM   #528
TroyF
Coordinator

Where can you find the NCAA's interest in your program and conduct your disciplinary action?
Old 07-16-2005, 11:40 PM   #529
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Where can you find the NCAA's interest in your program and conduct your disciplinary action?

Rosters/Playbooks > Rosters > Program Standards
Old 07-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #530
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Troy, you can find that when they ask if you want to take action with a player. You'll see it in the upper right of your screen.

On the whole, not a bad game, though to me it seems as though there too many returns for TDs on kickoff and punt returns. I say that not being a expert gamer, but I still do ok, I have Wyoming 8-2. I'll play it some more and see if it tops ESPN 2K5 for entertainment value.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:41 PM   #531
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:

Under rosters it should have a program standards section that should be it.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:43 PM   #532
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

They are correct, that is a much easier way to check it out.
Old 07-16-2005, 11:53 PM   #533
TroyF
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
Under rosters it should have a program standards section that should be it.

Thanks!! That was driving me nuts. I knew it was there somewhere. As CU I have enough attention on me already, I can't afford to sim a week through with a player who's breaking the rules. I'll be dead meat.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:14 AM   #534
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cards4ever
Troy, you can find that when they ask if you want to take action with a player. You'll see it in the upper right of your screen.

On the whole, not a bad game, though to me it seems as though there too many returns for TDs on kickoff and punt returns. I say that not being a expert gamer, but I still do ok, I have Wyoming 8-2. I'll play it some more and see if it tops ESPN 2K5 for entertainment value.

Weird. I'm 6 games into my franchise and I've never seen one.

Just beat #20 Iowa St. and home 27-17. I needed this game so bad. The one thing I've learned is by hitting "X" (ps2) on a roll out with my QB really helps me get some room to pass when needed. There were two long passes completed, one by me and one by the CPU... the rest were batted down or intercepted. I'm glad scores are lower when playing a similar team.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:23 AM   #535
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

dola,

The CPU also pulled off a fake punt TD on me last game. Damn them!!
Old 07-17-2005, 12:26 AM   #536
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
dola,

The CPU also pulled off a fake punt TD on me last game. Damn them!!

Sweet

As far as the TD on return issue, I think it is a bit high, but not too bad. I have 1 kickoff return with Reed and 4 punt return TD's with Reggie Bush but all except 1 of them came against vastly inferior teams in my non-conference schedule.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:37 AM   #537
Karlifornia
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Sweet

As far as the TD on return issue, I think it is a bit high, but not too bad. I have 1 kickoff return with Reed and 4 punt return TD's with Reggie Bush but all except 1 of them came against vastly inferior teams in my non-conference schedule.

Well, if it were anyone but Bush I'd be slightly concerned. I went to the Stanford/USC game last year (damn Teevens and his conservative second half play-calling..good riddance), and watching Bush return punts was a very harrowing experience.
Old 07-17-2005, 05:30 AM   #538
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat729
I don't know how high they have to be to have a significant impact then. Going into my second season the only 2 returning players from my All American OL both improved 4 points max, and there wasn't very much improvement during the season so the high pancake numbers don't appear to have much effect at all.

thats great news.

in the past pancakes wil make players progress fast.

it doesnt seem that bad from what your saying.

but did your offensive line players, all grab the All American Awards?

does that make recruiting easier to get all the great offensive line players to come to your team?
Old 07-17-2005, 05:38 AM   #539
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan, Todd and others:

are you playing with recruiting and discipline assistant on or off in coach options?

do you feel like this version of NCAA, the recruiting is more challenging then previous NCAA versions?

this game is so fun. i am very happy with it. i thinking of just getting sports games for the xbox instead of the pc. it great playing it on a 50" big screen tv with surround sound.

good luck Eaglefan when you play UCLA. UCLA's running back Drew is awesome.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:05 AM   #540
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

This game is a piece of shit compared to last year's version. Passing is impossible and rushing is far to easy. A typical game for me is 50 yards passing and 300 yrds rushing. Horrible balance. There's no point in even trying a pass in either single player or online.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:08 AM   #541
Flasch186
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
This game is a piece of shit compared to last year's version. Passing is impossible and rushing is far to easy. A typical game for me is 50 yards passing and 300 yrds rushing. Horrible balance. There's no point in even trying a pass in either single player or online.

wow....

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 08:53 AM   #542
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

It's like they wanted to beef up running so bad they screwed up everything else. Open field running is so powerful that there's a 50% chance your punts will be returned for TD, so you might as well put every kick out of bounds.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:54 AM   #543
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
thats great news.

in the past pancakes wil make players progress fast.

it doesnt seem that bad from what your saying.

but did your offensive line players, all grab the All American Awards?

does that make recruiting easier to get all the great offensive line players to come to your team?

Yes last season I had 5 first team All American players all of them were my offensive line, but I haven't seen where it has helped my recruiting at all.
Old 07-17-2005, 08:55 AM   #544
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:

I'm not so sure if I feel as strongly as you do, but I'm beginning to question the point in throwing the ball at all as well. With this game, if you run the ball 3 times, you should have a first down.
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:05 AM   #545
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Ugh...both NCAA 2004 & 2005 were games I could play for 7 months...this one lasted 3 days.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:10 AM   #546
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Ugh...both NCAA 2004 & 2005 were games I could play for 7 months...this one lasted 3 days.

Have you tried messing around with different slider configs?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:17 AM   #547
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Have you tried messing around with different slider configs?
There are no sliders in online play and that's the main reason I get the game. Over the last two years, I've played approx. 850 games online compared to about 50 single player.

Right now in online, the only options there are to have a successful offense is to either run it every play (if you have an 'impact player' as RB or scrambling QB, you should get 8 yards a run unless you're really bad), throw quick outs to get the ball to a reciever in the open field, or lob it 50 yards downfield with every pass. For whatever reason, it's virtually impossible to complete a mid range pass, but 50 yard lobs? 60-70% completion rate. At least that's what all the kids online seem to connect on those. At least in past versions, you could run a realistic offense and be successful...to win with this game, your gameplan shouldn't resemble real life in any way.

Last edited by VPI97 : 07-17-2005 at 09:18 AM.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:22 AM   #548
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I've read the best way to stop that 50-yard lob is to use half MtM and half Zone on the same play. Unfortunately, I've never seen that in my playbook, so I usually go with a nickel defense and double cover the wideouts. I've seen pretty good success with that - then again, I'm not playing online against a population that's 99% cheese.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 09:34 AM   #549
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

The other day I was 13/13 until I threw a pick with Tennessee, on mostly short passes. That was with sliders though.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2005, 10:29 AM   #550
Cards4ever
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Open field running is so powerful that there's a 50% chance your punts will be returned for TD, so you might as well put every kick out of bounds.

Yes, that is what I have found. I had 3 kicks returned for TD's in one game, it was impossible to track the guy down and tackle him. I don't think the game is too bad overall, just would like to tone down the kick returns.