Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-07-2005, 02:36 AM   #501
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Overall this is the worse I've seen stores/ game company botch a release of a game. This is also the worse I've seen people act about a game.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:39 AM   #502
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Dola: Also saw the commercial for Ncaa 06, seemed ok to me.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:18 AM   #503
Super Ugly
High School JV

Quote:
I AM HERE AT THIS MOTHERFUCKIN' DUMP YOU CALL BABBAGES FOR MY NAACP 2006

NAACP 2006? That sounds like a far more entertaining game.
Super Ugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:19 AM   #504
Ragone
Pro Rookie

wow.. naacp 2006.. with authentic suing action
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:13 AM   #505
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

My power just came back on after being out for 26 hours, but yesterday I was SO close to getting this game early.

I went to a bunch of stores, basically, the same ones that Pumpy has gone to recently because it was hot as heck in my home with power out (from Tropical Storm Cindy) and when I arrived at Toys R Us I saw 6 copies on the shelf behind the counter for both Xbox and PS2. So, I spent 10 minutes scouting out which clerk appeared less knowledgable and approached her. Sure enough, she got it for me and started to ring it up. But, the register wouldn't let her check it out She called over her manager, and this lady told me, "That isn't a copy of the game. It is an empty box. This game isn't on sale until... uhmmm.. August I think."

I was rather annoyed because I don't think the clerk was stupid enough to try to sell me an empty box (I'm sure she would have realized the weight difference) and I wish the manager wouldn't have lied to me. Oh well. At least my power is back on now. After suffering with no AC in New Orleans for more than 24 hours, the game doesn't seem as important anymore.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:49 AM   #506
General Mike
Pro Starter

Sorry to hear about the power outage Eaglesfan27. I hope that was the worst of the worries for our New Orleans area FOFCers.

As for NCAA, if anybody wants ratings info, go here:

http://www.maddenwars.com/ncaarosters/bigeast.php
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:59 AM   #507
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHEMICAL SOLDIER
Overall this is the worse I've seen stores/ game company botch a release of a game. This is also the worse I've seen people act about a game.

Agreed, Chemical. It's amazing how all civility goes out the window for a flipping game. The level of satisfaction from the writers of the posts where they detail how they chew out people who are just trying to do their job makes me sick. It's almost a mob mentality as other posts cheer on the original jerk.
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:04 AM   #508
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
Sorry to hear about the power outage Eaglesfan27. I hope that was the worst of the worries for our New Orleans area FOFCers.

Too bad, looks like no Atlantic 10 yet... most don't care about IAA as much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:37 AM   #509
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
My power just came back on after being out for 26 hours, but yesterday I was SO close to getting this game early.

I went to a bunch of stores, basically, the same ones that Pumpy has gone to recently because it was hot as heck in my home with power out (from Tropical Storm Cindy) and when I arrived at Toys R Us I saw 6 copies on the shelf behind the counter for both Xbox and PS2. So, I spent 10 minutes scouting out which clerk appeared less knowledgable and approached her. Sure enough, she got it for me and started to ring it up. But, the register wouldn't let her check it out She called over her manager, and this lady told me, "That isn't a copy of the game. It is an empty box. This game isn't on sale until... uhmmm.. August I think."

I was rather annoyed because I don't think the clerk was stupid enough to try to sell me an empty box (I'm sure she would have realized the weight difference) and I wish the manager wouldn't have lied to me. Oh well. At least my power is back on now. After suffering with no AC in New Orleans for more than 24 hours, the game doesn't seem as important anymore.
That's a great story! Funny stuff.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 09:41 AM   #510
Philliesfan980
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Agreed, Chemical. It's amazing how all civility goes out the window for a flipping game. The level of satisfaction from the writers of the posts where they detail how they chew out people who are just trying to do their job makes me sick. It's almost a mob mentality as other posts cheer on the original jerk.

Agreed. I really wouldn't want to be a BestBuy, Circuit City, EB, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, CompUsa , etc etc etc. Just imagine how many times they have to answer the same question each day? It's really absurd if you ask me. If they could sell it, they obviously would.

Its the summertime people! Go outside. Catch a game. Take a walk with your spouse/gf/bf. Throw a BBQ. Go to the Beach. Are you telling me that 7 days really makes a difference?
Philliesfan980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:01 AM   #511
korme
Go Reds

It seems like surprisingly Toys R' Us is the most commonly selling store right now for NAACP football. Haha. But seriously, on MaddenMania it seems alot of people got the game through Toys R' Us. Too bad there isn't one close to me for 25 minutes.
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:08 AM   #512
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27

You're looking for somebody clueless enough about games to risk getting in trouble by violating company policy in selling it to you early, and yet you expect her to be savvy enough to tell the difference between a legit copy and an empty box when the weight difference is no more than an ounce or two?
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:09 AM   #513
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliesfan980
Agreed. I really wouldn't want to be a BestBuy, Circuit City, EB, Gamestop, Target, Walmart, CompUsa , etc etc etc. Just imagine how many times they have to answer the same question each day? It's really absurd if you ask me. If they could sell it, they obviously would.

Its the summertime people! Go outside. Catch a game. Take a walk with your spouse/gf/bf. Throw a BBQ. Go to the Beach. Are you telling me that 7 days really makes a difference?

I agree. I was going to go to Dorney Park on Sunday but it was way too crowded, and then last night went to a concert at the CAA.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-07-2005, 10:17 AM   #514
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragone
I got you beat todd, i was about to buy it when some jackass told the kid ringing it up they'd be fined if they sold it to me (the jackass wasn't a employee there.. probably was bitter i got the last copy)

So i'm fairly hacked off right now.. off to play some grand theft auto

At least I'm not alone!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 10:43 AM   #515
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shorty3281
It seems like surprisingly Toys R' Us is the most commonly selling store right now for NAACP football. Haha. But seriously, on MaddenMania it seems alot of people got the game through Toys R' Us. Too bad there isn't one close to me for 25 minutes.

You wouldn't drive 25 minutes? Shame on you!
how do you know?

Old 07-07-2005, 11:38 AM   #516
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike

does the game use real names or fictional names?

looks like the game only shows there # only?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:43 AM   #517
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic

NCAA doesn't allow the real names.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 11:47 AM   #518
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:

I think there's an option where you can generate random names ala ESPN games.
Old 07-07-2005, 11:55 AM   #519
JeeberD
General Manager

And rosters will be released on-line shorly after the game is available...

I solemnly swear to never cheer for TO
JeeberD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:09 PM   #520
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
And rosters will be released on-line shorly after the game is available...
Hopefully sooner than last year since this game has been out (sort of) for a while. I think it took them about a week or two to get the rosters out.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:13 PM   #521
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Actually - I've seen some rosters out already - but you'll need Action Replay or something in order to get them in your system.
how do you know?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:14 PM   #522
JeeberD
General Manager

Are they complete rosters, Craig? Link?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:15 PM   #523
digamma
Torchbearer

Does that kid in Oregon or whereever still load rosters onto people's memory cards for $5 or something? I think there were all sorts of allegations that he was stealing other people's rosters and then selling them, but who knows...
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 12:20 PM   #524
mrsimperless
College Prospect

Most of the ones you see on eBay weren't originally created by the person selling them. You can download the rosters for free. You just have to buy something (Action Replay I think?) that will let you then put the downloaded file onto a memory card for your system.
Old 07-07-2005, 12:24 PM   #525
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeeberD
Are they complete rosters, Craig? Link?

The one I saw is by some guy named Fairdale Kings - www.fkrosters.com is his address. They're XBOX only, but free. He said they'd be available after release.
how do you know?

Old 07-07-2005, 12:57 PM   #526
markprior22
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by digamma
Does that kid in Oregon or whereever still load rosters onto people's memory cards for $5 or something? I think there were all sorts of allegations that he was stealing other people's rosters and then selling them, but who knows...

You're thinking of this guy I believe....

http://www.psxsports.com/forums/index.php?act=idx
markprior22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:12 PM   #527
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

HTF do they find the time to type all those names?
Old 07-07-2005, 01:30 PM   #528
korme
Go Reds

Quote:
You wouldn't drive 25 minutes? Shame on you!

Not on blind luck!
korme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 01:32 PM   #529
Emiliano
College Prospect

Quote:
The one I saw is by some guy named Fairdale Kings - www.fkrosters.com is his address. They're XBOX only, but free. He said they'd be available after release.

Fairdale King is the best. This year, I'm gonna donate some money to him. I used his rosters last year also.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:47 PM   #530
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emiliano
Fairdale King is the best. This year, I'm gonna donate some money to him. I used his rosters last year also.
DT Linder is just as if not better. I've used his every year and never had any issues. He does great work.

I was happy about the fictional roster generator, but I just might pick up a Max Drive to get Linder's rosters - which are due on release day.

Last edited by MizzouRah : 07-07-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-07-2005, 01:48 PM   #531
JeeberD
General Manager

Quote:

Sweet, thanks Craig. I think that's the guy I used last time...

Old 07-07-2005, 02:00 PM   #532
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

You could also get the rosters from www.geekrosters.com possibly. I know they did them last year and they were excellent, it doesn't look too promising on their site as of now though. No indication of 2006 for some reason??
Old 07-07-2005, 02:11 PM   #533
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7
You could also get the rosters from www.geekrosters.com possibly. I know they did them last year and they were excellent, it doesn't look too promising on their site as of now though. No indication of 2006 for some reason??

it shows ncaa 2006

http://www.geekrosters.com/ncaafootball.htm
Old 07-07-2005, 02:13 PM   #534
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah
DT Linder is just as if not better. I've used his every year and never had any issues. He does great work.

I was happy about the fictional roster generator, but I just might pick up a Max Drive to get Linder's rosters - which are due on release day.

is this for playstation 2 only?

what his web site? is it free?

what you need to get for playstation 2 to download roster to it?
Old 07-07-2005, 02:18 PM   #535
mrsimperless
College Prospect

I keep reading this stupid thread every time it is updated hoping that someone has info on an early release. But everyone wants to talk about rosters now... Stop playing with my emoticons!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:24 PM   #536
FBPro
College Starter

Just went to EB today and slammed down my $$ to pre-order both of these
GM Tennessee Titans FOWL 2020-2025
FBPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 02:27 PM   #537
General Mike
Pro Starter

Some of the rosters in this game are so FUBAR it boggles the mind. Every single player on Rutgers has the wrong eligibility year, and half of them have the wrong weight.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-07-2005, 02:37 PM   #538
bronconick
College Starter

Quote:
HTF do they find the time to type all those names?

I actually did it for myself (and then "sold" the rosters to 5-6 people I knew around here for $5 each) for NCAA 2004. Basically, I just did about 3 teams at a time before I'd go to bed or waiting for something (leaving for the bar in 30 minutes, etc.)

Took about 3 weeks, maybe about 20 hours of actual work. The hardest part wasn't actually putting the names in, since I stuck a USB keyboard in the PS2 for it. The hardest part is convincing yourself to not start a dynasty for those 3 weeks. Got two years out of them (didn't buy '05) and my SharkPort had died two weeks before the game had come out, so I wasn't going to spend the money on a new one.

Haven't decided what to do this year. Still don't have something to download to the PS2 with, but I don't really think I want to spend 20 hours doing that again.
bronconick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:11 PM   #539
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Linder is the one they mentioned before about stealing rosters and selling them...
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 03:34 PM   #540
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
Linder is the one they mentioned before about stealing rosters and selling them...

Yeah, yeah.. I believe it's all bs. The guy started this awhile back, became big.. and a few people alleged he stole them. People get so worked up about these NCAA rosters.

I sent Linder my card two times, never had an issue. To each his own.. there are plenty of users who do them now.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:37 PM   #541
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
is this for playstation 2 only?

what his web site? is it free?

what you need to get for playstation 2 to download roster to it?

He does ps2 and I believe someone else on his site does Xbox.

http://www.psxsports.com/

It's free to download, $4 if you mail him your memory card.

You need this: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1089891320291

To download them yourself and install them into your ps2.
Old 07-07-2005, 03:41 PM   #542
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Yeah, yeah.. I believe it's all bs. The guy started this awhile back, became big.. and a few people alleged he stole them. People get so worked up about these NCAA rosters.

I sent Linder my card two times, never had an issue. To each his own.. there are plenty of users who do them now.

It was legit, I remember when it all went down.

Blacklover released his rosters, then DT Linder took them and started calling them his own and selling them. Blacklover changed some scrub's apparel for some shit team and that is how everyone knew Linder stole them.
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:57 PM   #543
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack
You're looking for somebody clueless enough about games to risk getting in trouble by violating company policy in selling it to you early, and yet you expect her to be savvy enough to tell the difference between a legit copy and an empty box when the weight difference is no more than an ounce or two?

Good point. However, the boxes had price tags on them and looked like actual game boxes not just advertisements like the manager was trying to pass them off.

In any case, it doesn't matter. I'm just so happy to have power, AC, and internet access again. The 26 hour power outage was the only significant problem for us from the storm, however, a VERY large tree branch did fall about 50 feet from my car and home! I'm glad we weren't one of the unlucky ones, and praying that Dennis stays far away from us.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:46 PM   #544
illinifan999
Pro Rookie

Just imagine if you had the game and right before you put it in you got the 26 hour power outage.
illinifan999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 07:26 PM   #545
CHEMICAL SOLDIER
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by illinifan999
Just imagine if you had the game and right before you put it in you got the 26 hour power outage.
Dah! That would be so cruel.
Buckle up boys a few days left.
Old 07-07-2005, 07:27 PM   #546
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Dah! That would be so cruel.
Buckle up boys a few days left.

Yep, it's getting close now.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:28 PM   #547
TargetPractice6
College Benchwarmer

This will be the first NCAA game I get since 2002, and I really would like to do it right and download some real rosters. However I'm going to be kind of short on cash after spending $50 on the game and I'm not sure how I should go about getting them. It would be nice to have a Max Drive, but spending $30 so I can download rosters? Seems a bit steep. Also, I only have one memory card so I would be able to do much playing if I sent it off... Would the least expensive option for me be to buy the cheapest used memory card I can find and send that off?
TargetPractice6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 08:32 PM   #548
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog
It was legit, I remember when it all went down.

Blacklover released his rosters, then DT Linder took them and started calling them his own and selling them. Blacklover changed some scrub's apparel for some shit team and that is how everyone knew Linder stole them.

So BL says. Anyhow, I really don't care.. I'll d/l from Linder's site just like last year. "The roster wars" have no effect on me whatsoever. They are just EA's roster with player names added. Heck, anyone who can sit there and input these names is a better man than I.
Old 07-07-2005, 08:33 PM   #549
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6
This will be the first NCAA game I get since 2002, and I really would like to do it right and download some real rosters. However I'm going to be kind of short on cash after spending $50 on the game and I'm not sure how I should go about getting them. It would be nice to have a Max Drive, but spending $30 so I can download rosters? Seems a bit steep. Also, I only have one memory card so I would be able to do much playing if I sent it off... Would the least expensive option for me be to buy the cheapest used memory card I can find and send that off?

I bought the rosters in an ebay auction for XBox Rosters that had two options: $3+$2 shipping, if you sent him a memory card, or $30 total and he'll buy a Memory Card and ship it to you with the rosters on it
Old 07-07-2005, 08:38 PM   #550
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetPractice6

When I used to send mine off (thanks to OT, I just bought a Max drive today), it was a pretty quick turn around and was well worth the $8 or so to get them.. it's not like you're going to save any franchise info anyway if you're wanting to use the real names.