Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-21-2005, 10:26 AM   #501
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Too Bad Bruthaz have bought their own private jet now. We're getting various label offers from time to time, but we continue to turn them down. Too Bad Bruthaz don't NEED no stinkin' label.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:30 PM   #502
fflix
Mascot

How many days do people typically spend in the studio, when recording a single or album? The whole month? I'm planning on my first release and want to try to balance cost/quality.
fflix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:44 PM   #503
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fflix
How many days do people typically spend in the studio, when recording a single or album? The whole month? I'm planning on my first release and want to try to balance cost/quality.

No idea if I'm doing it right, but I've been doing roughly 10 days in the studio for singles, and I think I did about 15 for my only album, not sure on that.

I've ended up with all my singles and albums being about 10 points higher rated than the best song, so it's working but not sure if I could pump out more by spending more time.

I'll probably pump up the time in studio for the Pasty White Thighs new one, and see how much of a difference it makes.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 01:49 PM   #504
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

I spend maybe 5 or so days for a single and 15 for an album. No idea if that is correct or not.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:23 PM   #505
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I tend to spend 10 on recordings. Not sure whether that is good or bad but I wouldn't do any less.

SI

Janos: "Only America could produce an imbecile of your caliber!"
Freakazoid: "That's because we make lots of things better than other people!"

sterlingice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:28 PM   #506
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

14 days on singles, 21 on albums is what I use. Has worked out pretty well so far.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:31 PM   #507
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

dola

Things that affect release quality - band happiness, song knowledge, song quality, and amount of time spent in studio.

Believe a few of the musician skills do also, not sure which ones directly.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2005, 02:46 PM   #508
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Does familiarity with your songs affect recording quality? I would believe it affects touring as the more you know your songs the better of a show you give.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2005, 11:03 AM   #509
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Underworld Records, Inc. is looking for any heavier acts that need a label. We have plenty of slots and about 250k free to use for contracts, so if your looking feel free to apply.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:46 AM   #510
bosshogg23
College Benchwarmer

For anyone with a record label, how much do you normally offer a brand new band for a contract?
bosshogg23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 09:30 AM   #511
wade moore
lolzcat

So... no one can tell me what is up with the quality of my songs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #512
Franklinnoble
Banned

Wierd. My techno band, Turd Burglars, has been around longer and is selling more albums than my Teen Pop girl band, Finger Bang... yet Finger Bang has a shitload more money... they clean up on tour, it seems. And they don't even have enough songs to do a full set.

Clearly, Teen Pop is the place to make your money.
Franklinnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2005, 01:12 PM   #513
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade moore
So... no one can tell me what is up with the quality of my songs?

Could be that your band is getting jaded and talent drops.. have you thought about replacing 1 or more members?
Old 03-23-2005, 01:16 PM   #514
Coop
High School JV

My new label STD records has just been created..we currently have 3 bands. If you need a label give us a ring We take care of our bands.

Sometimes
Old 03-23-2005, 01:20 PM   #515
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Rising Hayabusa is glad to continue rocking on the best in Electronica with Elitist Records. Rumor has it that the Label wants to release at least 200,000 copies of their upcoming single, titled "Time Bomb Cage Match", which should be out before the end of the year.

The band recently hit the 200,000 sales mark with their debut album "Eiji Ezaki"

The first single after the album "Gannosuke Blues" recently sold out of its first printing of 250,000 singles.

Their 2nd post-album single release "Beautiful Dreamer" is in stores now.

Rumor has it that the Electronica's 2nd album will be entitled "In Rememberance of Fuyuki" and that the band is approaching 50% completion..
Old 03-23-2005, 02:46 PM   #516
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franklinnoble
Wierd. My techno band, Turd Burglars, has been around longer and is selling more albums than my Teen Pop girl band, Finger Bang... yet Finger Bang has a shitload more money... they clean up on tour, it seems. And they don't even have enough songs to do a full set.

Unless you've done the exact same thing, that's hard to tell.

I make money hand over fist in hard rock and it's much more attributable to the fact that I spent the first year touring and raising my popularity to stratospheric levels so the rest of the game is child's play.

SI

Old 03-23-2005, 02:47 PM   #517
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Why have you forsaken us, Foz

SI

Old 03-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #518
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

*blink blink*

Holy shit.. Swaggs stole Rising Hayabusa right under FO Records nose!

I was thinking of my other band, which is on Elitists Records when I saw the offer, I just automatically accepted it. My freaking bad..

(must be I have a greedy agent. They did offer $250K for the next single....

Looks like there's going to be a bidding war after this single is released.. )
Old 03-23-2005, 05:02 PM   #519
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

UWR, Inc. has contract offers out to four bands: 10 Kegs, Chrono Revolution, Iron Maiden, and Silenced Fixture.

If all those offers are accepted (doubt that they will be) then we'll still have about 100k free. So any up and coming bands in need of a medium sized, medium dollar deal please apply!
Old 03-23-2005, 05:03 PM   #520
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog
Too Bad Bruthaz have bought their own private jet now. We're getting various label offers from time to time, but we continue to turn them down. Too Bad Bruthaz don't NEED no stinkin' label.

I'm beginning to think the HNIC has the right idea...
Old 03-23-2005, 06:05 PM   #521
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

Quote:

Tell me who wouldn't rather see a bunch of hot chicks on stage?
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 07:20 AM   #522
wade moore
lolzcat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirFozzie
Could be that your band is getting jaded and talent drops.. have you thought about replacing 1 or more members?

Replaced one, I could try a few others..

Their happiness seems very good.....

meh...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 05:22 PM   #523
Franklinnoble
Banned

Patriot Records is open for business.

Only taking one band at a time right now. I want to be able to bankroll a decent album or two, not a bunch of small releases.
Old 03-24-2005, 05:28 PM   #524
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

Anyone know what increases intimidation, intensity, or charm?

I've tried just about every rest option and haven't seen those ratings increase.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 06:56 PM   #525
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Playing Music Maven increases intensity.

And from the "Idiocy: It's not just for breakfast anymore" file:

Date: 2007-09-01
Subject: Retard
Message: Why do you name your band Fascist Eagle when you do not support Fascism?! You support America and Anarchism, are you a big time dumbass that has no idea what Fascism stands for?!

SI

Old 03-24-2005, 07:14 PM   #526
Franklinnoble
Banned

That's some funny shit, SI...

Have you replied?
Old 03-24-2005, 07:21 PM   #527
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

I badly wanted to come up with a witty retort but had no luck coming up with anything. So I just sent back something like "Haha. You're so cute." which should just infuriate him futher and probably respond with a profanity laced tirade

SI

Old 03-24-2005, 07:45 PM   #528
Desnudo
Coordinator

Quote:
Patriot Records is open for business.

Only taking one band at a time right now. I want to be able to bankroll a decent album or two, not a bunch of small releases.

Does that mean that there's no interest in some down-home rockabilly licks combined with New Orleans flair and charm?

Last edited by Desnudo : 03-24-2005 at 07:45 PM.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2005, 08:27 PM   #529
ShovelMonkey
H.S. Freshman Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo
Does that mean that there's no interest in some down-home rockabilly licks combined with New Orleans flair and charm?

Apply to Underworld Records, Inc. We usually go for the heavier stuff, but we'll take you on. I've got a fistful of money burning a hole in the label pocket.
Old 03-24-2005, 08:37 PM   #530
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desnudo

Nah, we'll take anyone... just not a whole lot of anyones.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:23 PM   #531
kingfc22
Head Coach

WTF??? How did my album go out with no songs on it?

I want my producer DEAD!!!
Old 03-28-2005, 09:33 PM   #532
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
WTF??? How did my album go out with no songs on it?

I want my producer DEAD!!!

What's amazing is that you still managed to sell 8,300 copies of it.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:41 PM   #533
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
What's amazing is that you still managed to sell 8,300 copies of it.

Oh, c'mon. Like there aren't quite a few bands who if they put an AOL disk in their case would sell 8300 copies.

SI

Old 03-28-2005, 09:43 PM   #534
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingice
Oh, c'mon. Like there aren't quite a few bands who if they put an AOL disk in their case would sell 8300 copies.

SI

I dunno about that... but there are quite a few bands that would release better albums if they substituted AOL disks for actual music CD's.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:00 AM   #535
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Well, I can finally brag about something. My R&B band, Prickly Heat, has just realeased it's first semi-successful single. This single was called, A Litte Prickly Here and the songs are Soaring on a Seabreeze and Sexy Hairy Armpits.

What sucks is that I went for the first offer I could get for a record contract. I got 3 singles and 1 album and the record company is only allotting $6000 for each. I thought it might be okay at first until I recorded my first single, Teardrop of Soul and my quality was low.

But finally, today, I sold out after only purchasing 50,000 copies (since that is all I could afford). I could now afford that tour bus I always wanted and can enjoy it as my band crashes and burns. Sniffle. But today is a good day.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 02:25 AM   #536
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

You have a spot in Front Office Records when you get out of your contract. We seem to be flush with cash since no one has released much lately so no new contracts but we have a backlog of cash from earlier. Just drop Fascist Eagle an ingame message with who you are in FOFC so I know to accept you.

SI

Last edited by sterlingice : 03-29-2005 at 02:26 AM.
Old 03-29-2005, 02:55 AM   #537
Franklinnoble
Banned

Here's the thing about record contracts... you have to pay back the amount they front... so, you don't really want huge amounts of cash (in my experience). If you're a small band, the smaller deal is enough to get a release out there (just tour for a few months first - you'll have money to spare), and you'll net a larger profit.

When you want (and can sell) a larger release, you'll probably have the cash for it anyway. You don't need the loan from the label to get it out there. In fact, the game is really weak in this area - I wish labels could do more to promote albums and actually earn the 20% they're keeping. That'd be a great way to invest in the bands you have signed on your label, I think.
Old 03-29-2005, 05:28 AM   #538
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
... In fact, the game is really weak in this area - I wish labels could do more to promote albums and actually earn the 20% they're keeping. That'd be a great way to invest in the bands you have signed on your label, I think...

Good point. I wish the label could do a lot more as well. It would even be great if they had a reputation factor if their label cranks out a number of hits on a consistent basis. And the reputation could be built on how well the label advertises them as well as setting them up for tours. In fact, it would probably be more realistic if the label took on the role of promotions and touring. As it stands now, the label is just hourding money while the talent still has to do the majority of the work.
Antmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 12:13 PM   #539
Franklinnoble
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
Good point. I wish the label could do a lot more as well. It would even be great if they had a reputation factor if their label cranks out a number of hits on a consistent basis. And the reputation could be built on how well the label advertises them as well as setting them up for tours. In fact, it would probably be more realistic if the label took on the role of promotions and touring. As it stands now, the label is just hourding money while the talent still has to do the majority of the work.

Yep. All they do is loan money to the bands, which comes off the sales of the record anyway.

I have a label, and I really wish I could do more with it to make the bands I've signed more successful.
Old 03-29-2005, 12:26 PM   #540
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Rising Hayabusa thanks Elitist Records for supporting them, but the next four releases from the Electronica band will be at their original home, Front Office Records.

Rising Hayabusa's latest single "Rising Hayabusa Gets Plugged In" was a Top 20 single for the last month, selling over 182,000 copies in its debut, good for 13th place.

"Our agent told us that Elitist Records were offering more money up front.. but we felt he did Front Office Records wrong by not giving them a chance to reup us before.. so we're coming home to stay." stated Rising Hayabusa front man David Yellope.

The next album from Rising Hayabusa, "Time Bomb Cage Match"; now confirmed to be a Front Office Records release, will be in April or May.

The band's first album, "Eiji Ezaki" which also was a Front Office Records release, was the Electronica Album of 2007.
Old 03-29-2005, 09:14 PM   #541
oykib
College Starter

My hip-hop group, The 40 Acres has finally started to take off. We don't have a jet yet, though.

Our 1st album, Epiphany has sold 160.000 copies.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2005, 09:38 PM   #542
Calis
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister71
As it stands now, the label is just hourding money while the talent still has to do the majority of the work.

Seems fairly realistic.
Calis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:48 AM   #543
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Anyone else getting this today?

The game is currently being updated. No changes can be made at this time.
Old 03-30-2005, 05:08 AM   #544
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Ditto
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 05:09 AM   #545
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Dola, I thought it was weird. I sold 5,000 copies of my single two months ago (sold out), 10,000 copies of my single last month (sold out), and no copies this month. Hopefully I'll sell some more when the game is fully updated.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 07:13 AM   #546
sterlingice
Hall Of Famer

Game seems to be updated now.

SI

Old 03-30-2005, 08:42 AM   #547
oykib
College Starter

It's working for me.
oykib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 12:37 PM   #548
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Yeah the game didn't finish updating automatically last night (which must be related to the fact that I was out of town -these things always happen when I'm out of town). So I ran it manually this morning.

lighthousekeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:10 PM   #549
Desnudo
Coordinator

Patriot Record's Crawfish Pie are vigorously working on the release of their first single, "Don't you People Have Homes," due in stores next month.
Desnudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2005, 03:14 PM   #550
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Swaggs has a plan with Elitists. All you people that got fat off the Elistists cash stack, then bolted will pay. I'm hiring detectives right now and will hunt you all down, and boom, 1337 bullets for all.

Oh wait........this isn't omerta

Last edited by stevew : 03-30-2005 at 03:14 PM.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote