Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 10-15-2003, 08:36 PM   #501
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Death Valley (17) at Kitty Hawk (30)

Arellano started off scoring with a bang, hitting a 57 yard FG.

Fritz' project Jefferson stepped up with 5 catches for 100 yards.

I did everything possible to gear us against the pass, but they still chucked it up 39 times for 311 yards. The good news is that we got 6 sacks on 'em.

Francis was only 18-40, but for 281 yards.

The running game did well, but not spectacular.

Mitchell got 1.5 sacks playing out of position as a DE. Perhaps Buzzbee was right about him needing to be on the field.
albionmoonlight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 08:37 PM   #502
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

I'll wait for scouting reports for the next game (though I must say that I am somewhat obsessed now with stopping the pass--I don't know how much I can change that for any particular team).

I simmed through the bye week and no one on our team got arrested.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:45 PM   #503
Buzzbee
College Starter

SCOUTING REPORT: Bermuda Barons

Offense
The Barons passing attack is a little below average and the running attack is average. Shaun Alexander directs the offense, but has struggled with his decision making. He has 5 TD's but 11 picks in only 6 games. He has knee tendinitis which has probably hampered his performance, but is listed as probable.

I'm guessing that the Barons haven't faced a tough run defense because they don't have much talent at RB and the offensive line is average. They have some strength on the left side of the line with LT Joe Zinn and LG Sammie Blades, but their age is beginning to show (16 and 13 years respectively). The right side of the line is actually pretty weak.

The receivers, FLHatley and SE Tisdale see about equal action, but neither is stellar.

Look for a passing attack, and watch out on 3rd down, as they lead the league in conversions. If we can hold their passing game in check, we should have a pretty good day defensively.

Defense
Teams try to rush against the Barons (219 attempts) but aren't very successful (13 in rushing yards allowed, 6th in YPC). Conversely, teams haven't tried passing (1st in pass attempts, pass completions, and pass yardage). One reason teams haven't tried to pass is LCB Reggie Cramer. He is a top notch corner who has developed nicely and still has a little room to grow. The opposing corner is pretty good, but not pro-bowl caliber like Cramer. One reason teams have tried to run, but have been unsuccessful is LDT Otis Polak. He's a hoss. We'll need to keep an eye on the injury report because Polak is currently out with a pulled quad. He should be full strength in 4 weeks. With Death Valley this week, a bye the following week, and Bermuda the third week, he very well may be back in the lineup. Without him, the D Line is average to above average. With him, they can be pretty nasty.

They have a very good group of linebackers across the board. The backup SLB, MLB, and WLB would start for a lot of teams in the league. The corners ar good, with the aforementioned Cramer being the class act. SS J. R. Pasricha is a Rookie who will be a thorn in opposing teams sides for years to come. He's that good. FS Deron Goga is no slouch either.

Let's hope Polak is out, because if that is the case, we have a chance to run a ball control offense and score a few points. Otherwise, this could be a frustrating game.
Old 10-15-2003, 08:46 PM   #504
Buzzbee
College Starter

I'll be working on the next report while you sim and review.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:03 PM   #505
Buzzbee
College Starter

SCOUTING REPORT: Ocean City Thrashers

This is a game we should win on talent. Overall, they are not that good, and have a 3-4 record because of a good turnover margin. If we can avoid picks and fumbles, we should be in good shape.

Offense
On first glance, we shouldn't have too much to worry about. They O Line is pretty weak, especially on their right side. The starting QB will most likely be out, but even if he isn't, shouldn't make a huge difference. They don't have a lot of talent on O. SE Lionel Booker is the best offensive weapon they have, and he is slowed with a sprained thumb.

They do like to go deep, but as a result are the worst in the league on 3rd down. They should be a good test for our pass D, but our talent SHOULD overcome.

Defense
The main thing that has kept them in ballgames and allowed them to manage a 3-4 record is their turnover margin (+9) and their run defense (4th in rushing yards allowed). However, they are susceptible to the pass.

They have some talented youth, but are a few years away from being a good defensive unit. The D Line is average, the linebackers weak, and the corners are pretty good. The star of the D is SS Junior "Ask a Nazi" Eskenazi. The two corners are pretty good too.

Last edited by Buzzbee : 10-15-2003 at 09:04 PM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:06 PM   #506
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by Buzzbee
If we can hold their passing game in check, we should have a pretty good day defensively.

The story of our D this year. . .
Old 10-15-2003, 09:14 PM   #507
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Gosh Dang it... Bermuda (34) at Kitty Hawk (31) in OT.

They won in OT, and they got one touchdown from an interception return, and one from a punt return. We should have had this game.

We ran 20 more plays and had 100 more yards. We also held them to 3/14 on third down (and they were the best team in the league in that catagory). They averaged over 10 yards to go on third down.

Francis put up good numbers, but he was sacked 4 times. We did not force a turnover--not a good sign for an attacking defense.

Finley was 14-58; Harden 8-22.

Song had 6 catches for 100 yards (is it just me, or do we have a lot of receivers hit 100 on the nose?)

I think we win this game 8 out of ten times we play it. They just got a couple of good returns.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:17 PM   #508
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

FWIW, I notice that our $10 million man Martin has eight tackles and two sacks this year. That man is almost as overpaid as the host of Around the Horn. Almost.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:19 PM   #509
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Jefferson is banged up (not out) with a hip pointer. I have Carr as our other starting WR now, but Jefferson will still be in the mix.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:30 PM   #510
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kitty Hawk(16) at Ocean City(13)

We won this with a clutch FG with 15 seconds left in regulation. Our O was clutch when it needed to be. After Ocean City tied the game, we had holding on the ensuing kick return. We took over with 5 minutes left from our own five yard line and proceeded to march down the field and get a field goal with almost no time left on the clock. That was a playoff caliber moment.

It was nice to hold someone under 15 points.

Otis Mitchell had half a sack and a fumble return for a TD--again, I am glad that injuries gave him a chance to get on the field.

Middleton got 2 sacks, bringing him to 12.5 for the year, 2nd in the league.

Finley was 25-80.

Daniels is OUT with a separated shoulder. He should be back for the playoffs (knock on wood), but it will be a shame that this injury will knock him out of the running for some leaguewide awards.

Harden was 10-42.

Carr had 4 catches for 51 yards, leading the team in both catagories.

Francis had 2 picks and no TD's, but marched us down the field when it counted.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:31 PM   #511
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

FWIW, Bermuda tied, so we have a 1/2 game lead on them.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:34 PM   #512
Buzzbee
College Starter

SCOUTING REPORT: Sault Ste. Marie Lockmasters

Offense
The Lockmasters offense took a big blow when superstar SE Edward McCarter went down last season with a shredded ACL. It happened in the 9th game of last season, but he is still expected to miss 23 more weeks. Journeyman SE Johnnie Hall has filled in and has done a pretty good job. That is probably because the other member of the "terrible tandem", FL Courtney Adderly has drawn double coverage.

The offensive line is very good with no real weaknesses. They are the reason that sub-parQB Jon Clayton has been able to put up slightly above average numbers. The Lockmasters have been pretty bad at running, but if they had a decent back could put up good numbers behind this line.

Defense
The Lockmasters haven't been good against the run, and have been even worse against the pass. We're the only thing keeping them out of the basement. The bright spots for the Lockmasters - Defensive End. They have two EXCELLENT bookends. LDE Tom Lewis is a better DE than Jerald Terry. The only reason Lewis hasn't been all league is because his last full season was in 2015. As is the norm, he is injured. Unfortunately his broken clavicle is nearly mended and, barring other injury, he should be back against us.

They other bright spot for SSM LM? LCB Jumbo Myers. He is a player. Unfortunately he doesn't have a lot of support.

Again, we SHOULD win this one on talent.

Last edited by Buzzbee : 10-15-2003 at 09:37 PM.
Buzzbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 09:36 PM   #513
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Oh--I forgot to comment earlier--can you imagine a player whose actual nickname was "Ask a Nazi?" That may be just a little problematic in this PC world.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:38 PM   #514
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Percy Rapp has tackled well (13.8) when he has played this year, so he gets the job of replacing Daniels in the middle. I toyed with putting Mills there, but I think he still works best when he is off the field on third and long.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:43 PM   #515
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by albionmoonlight
Oh--I forgot to comment earlier--can you imagine a player whose actual nickname was "Ask a Nazi?" That may be just a little problematic in this PC world.

Know what's funny? He is Idolized by the Ocean City fans. He's one of those crazy snow-boarder types from Aspen, Colorado. I think he won a silver in the winter X-Games in the half-pipe freestyle.

Or was that the water-pipe? Or maybe the Freebase?
Old 10-15-2003, 09:45 PM   #516
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Kitty Hawk (37) at SSM (6)

Middleton stepped it up in Daniels absence--7 tackles, 1.5 sacks and an int.

It looks like we called off the dogs after building a 27-3 halftime lead.

Francis threw three touchdowns and averaged 9.9 yards per attempt.

Rushing wise, we went to the THREE headed attack:

Finley 10-72
Harden 10-35
Rubble 9-45

We got seven sacks on them in total.

Just a great game all around.

I'll send the files back--it looks like there are injuries on both sides of the ball. I'll patch up the D and send it on.

Fritz, you will probably want to check your depth charts relative to injuries, etc. when I send it on.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:49 PM   #517
Buzzbee
College Starter

8-4 with 4 games to go. Not bad. I'm guessing that will put us in good shape for a playoff run.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:54 PM   #518
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

gt3a
Old 10-15-2003, 09:55 PM   #519
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

gt3b
Old 10-15-2003, 09:56 PM   #520
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
8-4 with 4 games to go. Not bad. I'm guessing that will put us in good shape for a playoff run.

Yes. We have only lost one game since we switched to Francis and began blitzing a little more crazy. I don't know which change has had a bigger effect, but I don't think that we will be changing back to either any time soon.
Old 10-15-2003, 09:58 PM   #521
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

FYI--

The guys on D who are inactive are gone for the year EXCEPT for Daniels. I want to rest him until the playoffs. However, if it looks like our last game will be a must win, you may want to check to see if he can strap them on. If so, just put him in at MLB instead of Rapp--you won't need to make any more changes.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:29 PM   #522
Buzzbee
College Starter

I noticed that RG Jerry Johnson is pretty unhappy with his playing time. Considering he is under contract for the next two seasons, and considering he is at least comparable to Rufus Peterson I'd like to offer up to OC Fritz a request to get him a little more playing time. Perhaps in a starting role. Since Peterson seems to have maxed out and Johnson has some room to develop, it might not hurt to give him a trial by fire for a couple of games.
Old 10-15-2003, 11:20 PM   #523
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
I noticed that RG Jerry Johnson is pretty unhappy with his playing time. Considering he is under contract for the next two seasons, and considering he is at least comparable to Rufus Peterson I'd like to offer up to OC Fritz a request to get him a little more playing time. Perhaps in a starting role. Since Peterson seems to have maxed out and Johnson has some room to develop, it might not hurt to give him a trial by fire for a couple of games.

I pointed out Johnson's unhappiness earlier today. Is Boyd still unhappy too, or has he gotten some playing time?
cuervo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2003, 11:25 PM   #524
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
Guys, I am hearing you about play time. I just wanted to hold off until I simmed and we had a soft or impossible game.

Thanks for catching it, I always forget to check that until I have pissed off a player beyond repair.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:10 AM   #525
Buzzbee
College Starter

SCOUTING REPORT: Lake Erie Monsters

Offense
They are a passing team (452 pass attempts{30th} to 271 rushing attempts {7th}). They are 3rd in the league in passing yards. However, when the do run the ball, they can run it effectively (8th in YPC). Starting QB Victor Flynn has been battling knee tendinitis, but has started all 12 games and managed a 61% completion rate and 3,000+ yards passing. His big knock is that he has thrown 13 TD's, but 18 INT's. Of course that could be because he has been sacked 41 times (6th worst). Flynn isn't a good QB, and his receivers aren't anything special either. His success has come in spreading the ball around. FL Donny Elkins leads the receivers with 721 receiving yards. FL Zack Baulig has 574, FL McCormick 366, SE Rheams 372, and TE Meadows 329.

The offensive line is geared toward stopping the pass, especially on the left side. The right side is a little weak and we might be able to get some good rushes on the QB. As mentioned above, the line has given up 41 sacks.

This game will be a test for our pass defense (as most usually are). How they respond may determine the outcome. We have far more talent on the defensive side of the ball than they do on the O, but they do match up well against our weaknesses.

Defense
The defensive line is banged up, which could become a factor late in the game, as they are left pretty thin. The biggest blow for them is losing LDE Jerry DeLoach for the season in the first game. However, LDT Karl "The Mountain" Buntain[/b] is healthy and is a force to be reckoned with. He can stop the run and get to the QB and has been named All-League the past 3 years. RDTMarshall Jacome is also out which leaves them very weak at RDT.

The linebackers are stout. Defensive Player of the Year for 2019, Anthony Manning patrols the strong side and has 76 tackles for the year. MLB Brent Kennedy is another quality player and has racked up 74 tackles and 3 sacks. WLB [b]Maurice "Reecey" Reese is nothing to sneeze at either with 48 tackles and 4 sacks. They are all good at stopping the run.

They have two good cover corners, a very good SS, and and average FS.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:14 AM   #526
Buzzbee
College Starter

Key Injury Report - Otis Polak is out for 42 weeks. No other significant injuries.

Copy of report from earlier in the year.

Quote:
SCOUTING REPORT: Bermuda Barons

Offense
The Barons passing attack is a little below average and the running attack is average. Shaun Alexander directs the offense, but has struggled with his decision making. He has 5 TD's but 11 picks in only 6 games. He has knee tendinitis which has probably hampered his performance, but is listed as probable.

I'm guessing that the Barons haven't faced a tough run defense because they don't have much talent at RB and the offensive line is average. They have some strength on the left side of the line with LT Joe Zinn and LG Sammie Blades, but their age is beginning to show (16 and 13 years respectively). The right side of the line is actually pretty weak.

The receivers, FLHatley and SE Tisdale see about equal action, but neither is stellar.

Look for a passing attack, and watch out on 3rd down, as they lead the league in conversions. If we can hold their passing game in check, we should have a pretty good day defensively.

Defense
Teams try to rush against the Barons (219 attempts) but aren't very successful (13 in rushing yards allowed, 6th in YPC). Conversely, teams haven't tried passing (1st in pass attempts, pass completions, and pass yardage). One reason teams haven't tried to pass is LCB Reggie Cramer. He is a top notch corner who has developed nicely and still has a little room to grow. The opposing corner is pretty good, but not pro-bowl caliber like Cramer. One reason teams have tried to run, but have been unsuccessful is LDT Otis Polak. He's a hoss. We'll need to keep an eye on the injury report because Polak is currently out with a pulled quad. He should be full strength in 4 weeks. With Death Valley this week, a bye the following week, and Bermuda the third week, he very well may be back in the lineup. Without him, the D Line is average to above average. With him, they can be pretty nasty.

They have a very good group of linebackers across the board. The backup SLB, MLB, and WLB would start for a lot of teams in the league. The corners ar good, with the aforementioned Cramer being the class act. SS J. R. Pasricha is a Rookie who will be a thorn in opposing teams sides for years to come. He's that good. FS Deron Goga is no slouch either.

Let's hope Polak is out, because if that is the case, we have a chance to run a ball control offense and score a few points. Otherwise, this could be a frustrating game.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:41 AM   #527
QuikSand
lolzcat

I realize that we haven't used him all that much to date, but would Oscar Plank be a better fit for us at MLB, while Russell Daniels recovers?

In current ratings, compared to Rapp, Plank is significantly better in the two things I consider the top priorities:

Run D +21
Zone D +12

I like the young guy Rapp fine, and he does have more upside potential... but I thought this was worth throwing out. Rapp is certainly a better pass rusher, but Plank might be better suited to start at MLB right now.
QuikSand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 07:42 AM   #528
QuikSand
lolzcat

Code:
Front Office Football: The Fourth Edition 2022 Summary for Kitty Hawk Flyers Record: 8-4 Winning Pct.: .666 Kitty Hawk Flyers Team Rank Rushes 406 1 Rushing Yards 1701 1 Yards Per Carry 4.18 1 Pass Attempts 349 32 Completions 192 32 Passing Yards 2584 23 Yards Per Attempt 7.40 5 3rd Down Conversions 46.4 2 Points Per Game 27.3 1 Turnovers 17 5 (T) Turnover Margin +6 6 (T) Opponents Team Rank Rushes 290 2 (T) Rushing Yards 1073 5 Yards Per Carry 3.70 14 (T) Pass Attempts 443 26 Completions 276 30 Passing Yards 3191 30 Yards Per Attempt 7.20 28 3rd Down Conversions 35.6 7 (T) Points Per Game 19.1 11 Turnovers 23 10 (T) Week Team Versus Oppnt 1 34 MAZ 19 2 17 at LVL 24 3 17 HWK 19 4 21 SAC 27 5 24 at MEM 19 6 27 at PS 24 7 52 ATH 10 8 22 at MAZ 18 9 30 DVY 17 11 31 BER 34 12 16 at OCY 13 13 37 at SSM 6 14 LKE 15 at BER 16 WHE 17 at ATH Passing Pos Att Comp Yards Y/Att TD Int 8 Francis QB 220 121 1698 7.71 13 7 18 Sparks QB 120 66 835 6.95 7 7 **Team --- 349 192 2584 7.40 21 14 Rushing Pos Att Yards Y/Att TD 20 Finley RB 216 876 4.05 7 47 Harden RB 107 454 4.24 5 39 Rubble FB 52 283 5.44 1 **Team --- 406 1701 4.18 13 Receiving Pos Targ Catch Yards Y/Ctc YAC TD 84 Song WR 95 39 670 17.1 95 7 81 Carr WR 55 28 378 13.5 43 5 39 Rubble FB 38 27 207 7.6 64 3 20 Finley RB 32 21 252 12.0 47 1 87 Jefferson WR 25 15 189 12.6 23 3 47 Harden RB 21 13 178 13.6 71 0 83 Sanderson WR 19 10 142 14.2 13 0 86 Wylie TE 18 12 211 17.5 29 0 80 Diana TE 17 8 117 14.6 9 0 **Team --- 349 192 2584 13.4 425 21 Defense Pos Tack Asst Sack Hurr Ints Defn 33 Hawkins S 71 15 1.0 2 0 8 96 Daniels ILB 70 28 5.5 4 3 8 98 Middleton OLB 61 13 14.0 12 2 3 30 Reynolds S 60 22 2.0 0 3 5 29 Bordano CB 51 12 1.0 1 1 18 42 Henderson CB 40 11 1.0 1 2 10 45 McNair S 40 5 1.0 0 0 4 77 Littlejohn DT 39 14 4.0 7 0 1 50 Mills OLB 28 15 0.0 1 0 4 90 Sinclair DE 27 7 6.5 4 0 0 97 Rapp OLB 22 8 0.5 0 0 3 93 Manning DE 16 6 3.5 5 0 0 70 Peters DT 14 11 0.0 6 0 1 55 Mitchell OLB 14 4 4.5 3 0 0 91 Guthrie DT 13 7 1.5 0 0 1 **Team --- 661 191 51.0 50 11 68
Old 10-16-2003, 07:55 AM   #529
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

We can give Plank a shot and see how he does. However, the MLB does blitz a bit in this scheme, so if his #s there are close to zero (I can't remember), then Rapp may make more sense.

This is, however, a chance to try out some new blood, so go ahead and plug in Plank for the next few games.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:13 AM   #530
QuikSand
lolzcat

Here are the two possible MLB starters, and their relevant ratings:

Code:
PLANK RAPP Run D 39/49 18/33 Zone D 38/56 26/47 PR Tech 63/75 35/60 PR Str 27 30 Punishing 24 75

Rapp had a pretty good effort in our last game, where he started – 6+2 tackles, half a sack. I don’t have particularly strong feelings – in part because I really don’t know what the function of the “punishing hitter” rating really amounts to in the game.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:20 AM   #531
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

From Profootballweekly.com:

Though he is raw and undersized, the play of OLB Otis Mitchell at DE for the Flyers has been a nice suprise for team insiders. The way we hear it, however, one of the hidden bonuses of his play is that it has allowed the team to move DEs J.C. Sinclair and Sam Upshaw onto the interior of the line on passing downs, keeping the team's line fresh late into the fourth quarter.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:11 AM   #532
Buzzbee
College Starter

Guys, I wasn't able to scout the Wheeling Dealers or the Athens Argonauts this morning. However, if I recall, Wheeling is 2-10 this season. Athens currently has the worst power rating I think, and we beat them 52-10 earlier in the season without a scouting report. I think we'll do just fine without my commentary if Fritz wants to go ahead and sim.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:21 AM   #533
cuervo72
Head Coach

Give Howie Boyd some work against Wheeling and Athens then, he's another of our malcontents and looks to be a pretty solid LB, I'm not sure why we haven't gotten him in the rotation.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:28 AM   #534
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally posted by cuervo72
Give Howie Boyd some work against Wheeling and Athens then, he's another of our malcontents and looks to be a pretty solid LB, I'm not sure why we haven't gotten him in the rotation.

I concur. Much like Fritz, I tend not to notice malcontents. I saw that he was upset from this thread, and I planned to work him in somewhere, then I just forgot.

How would he do at MLB for a few games? How does he compare to Rapp and Plank?

Might he be able to replace Mitchell at DE for a couple of games? Perhaps he could be the pass rushing DE in Mitchell's spot? Will that cure his "I never get to play" blues?

Actually--as you can see, we already sub out our DTs on passing downs. What about a system where we also sub for our $10 million man (who has done nothing all year) and for Mitchell on passing downs with Plank/Rapp and Boyd? That would give us an eight man rotation on the D line. Pretty cool.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:29 AM   #535
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

The big issue is what level of playing time will make Boyd happy. Does he need to start, or will being a pass rushing DE be enough?
Old 10-16-2003, 09:34 AM   #536
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Location: hello kitty found my wallet at a big tent revival and returned it with all the cash missing
What a great tem effort. Albionmoonlight's plan and players are clicking.

Kudos to all involved on the step up on def.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:41 AM   #537
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
The big issue is what level of playing time will make Boyd happy. Does he need to start, or will being a pass rushing DE be enough?

This I don't know - he's disgruntled, so whatever comes with that. Here are Boyd's stats:

Run 32/64, PRT 11/22, MTM 11/36, Zone 47/89, B&R 58/67, PRS 49, Diagnosis 24/53, Punish 67, END 35/42, ST 76/88. 36/56 overall. He was our 3rd rounder in 2021, and is tied up for the next two years. He's 5-11 225, so DE wouldn't be a possibility (at least not a great one). Better at just about everything than Rapp except for pass rush technique and man-to-man. FWIW, Rapp was the 7th rounder from the same draft. Plank is a little better at the run (not much) and is a lot better at pass rush technique, but worse at everything else.

Boyd probably deserves to be pissed

Mitchell is currently the backup at 3 positions

Last edited by cuervo72 : 10-16-2003 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #538
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

OK then. If this is not too hard to follow:

Put Boyd in as starting MLB.

Sub Plank in for one DE on passing downs.

Sub Rapp in for another DE on passing downs.

Sim away and see what we get.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:44 AM   #539
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
What a great tem effort. Albionmoonlight's plan and players are clicking.

Kudos to all involved on the step up on def.

Ditto.

And kudos to the offense who is top ranked in rushing and in scoring. Nice job Fritz!
Old 10-16-2003, 09:47 AM   #540
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:

I'm not sure, but I think disgruntled is usually a lot easier to quell than unhappy. From past expericne is SEEMS that ususally a start with quality minutes will satisfy a disgruntled player. Unhappy seems to take a couple of games, and still may not heal the wound.
Old 10-16-2003, 09:53 AM   #541
cuervo72
Head Coach

Quote:
OK then. If this is not too hard to follow:

Put Boyd in as starting MLB.

Sub Plank in for one DE on passing downs.

Sub Rapp in for another DE on passing downs.

Sim away and see what we get.

A lot of runs off the ends on passing downs Sounds good enough to me. If the defense explodes, we can change it back.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:02 AM   #542
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Lake Erie 16 at Kitty Hawk 21

Another good run game for us and poor for them. Again we turn to a multiheaded monster. RUbble makes the most of his limited carries.

On the playtime I set the PT of all the starters down. Now only Johnson in unhappy. He is begging for a start.

The worst problem to hit club happend on the flight home from the game. Daniel Finley stopped to give a kid an autograph. The kid gave him something in return, a wicked flu. The bug has ripped through many players and some of the staff. We are going to be playing weak for a little while.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:11 AM   #543
Buzzbee
College Starter

Quote:
Originally posted by Fritz
On the playtime I set the PT of all the starters down. Now only Johnson in unhappy. He is begging for a start.

I say give him the start. Let him put up or shut up.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #544
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Kitty Hawk 21 at Bermuda 24

WORST LOSS EVER

bad time to have a sick team

We opend the game with a 19 yard run from Harden and they replied with with 21 points in the second quarter before we could reply witha 4 yard Finley run (PAT failed). An 8 yard pass to Song in 4th brought us to within 2 and a Francis to Finley play for the conversion tied the game with 12 tense scoreless minutes of give and take us into OT. The IV laced Kitty Hawk team played stout defense in the brawl, but 19 yard field goal from K Fuller with 8 min on the clock finally closed the game out. What a loss. We are now 1 1/2 games down.

Manning broke his tibula and will be out for a while. Howie Boyd begged for a shot on the edge. All them defensive players look alike to me, and DC albionmoonlight is still on fluids and bedrest. What the heck.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:24 AM   #545
cuervo72
Head Coach

That Manning is a punk-ass. Sign him up for the rest home.

I still think Boyd is too small to start at DE but should be in the chart at linebacker, but Sinclair can step in for Manning and really should have been in there anyway.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:26 AM   #546
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Wheeling 10 at Kitty Hawk 38 (we were favored by 12)

6 players carried the ball for 174 yards.

Bordano went nuts with 9 Tackels and 2 ints.

Newly elevated starter Johnson had 4 KRB out of 6 and allowed 0 sacks.

We now lead the division, but Francis is a bit dinged up and will sit.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:29 AM   #547
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Manning= Worst. Free. Agent. Ever.

Put Sinclair in for Manning.

Keep, however, Plank or Rapp subbing in for Sinclair on passing downs because Sinclair moves to DT on passing downs.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:31 AM   #548
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

dola--

or just do what you did against Wheeling.
Old 10-16-2003, 10:33 AM   #549
Fritz
Lethargic Hooligan

Kitty Hawk 31 at Athens 21 (we were favored by 9)

A still sick Finley carried the ball 23 times for 115 yards.

Sparks played heads up ball passing for just over 300 yards with 2 TDs and an INT.

As albionmoonlight return to action, I implore him to undo the mess I have made by letting Boyd (0T, 1 Assist, 0 sacks) play DE.

TE Wylie is OUT with a strained abductor mussel.

LB Middleton is OUT with a Strained Deltoid Muscle.

We are beat up folks.

files to follow
Old 10-16-2003, 10:34 AM   #550
Buzzbee
College Starter

That is TWO overtime losses to Bermuda this year. Bastards.