Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 11-12-2007, 09:03 PM   #501
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izulde View Post
I was actually fine with it, had a blast with the demo etc, until the bug that broke LLM happened.

Well, I usually play the MLS and also a franchise LLM in England.

MLS is broken, the AI is really kind of screwy and somethings don't work right.

I keep crashing when getting reports on players.

I will love it when it finally works correctly, it is just real buggy.

You know what is funny? If this was EA Sports they would be getting ripped to shreds right now. I mean just hammered. SI Games doesn't have any excuses about being an indy group anymore. They are bigtime and their quality control should be better then this.

Alot of the indy text sims have pretty smooth releases compared to this. Have you guys checked out the bug forums over there. All kinds of issues.

I love you SI, but you guys better pick it up a notch next year.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:05 PM   #502
cougarfreak
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrosfan64 View Post
Well, I usually play the MLS and also a franchise LLM in England.

MLS is broken, the AI is really kind of screwy and somethings don't work right.

I keep crashing when getting reports on players.

I will love it when it finally works correctly, it is just real buggy.

You know what is funny? If this was EA Sports they would be getting ripped to shreds right now. I mean just hammered. SI Games doesn't have any excuses about being an indy group anymore. They are bigtime and their quality control should be better then this.

Alot of the indy text sims have pretty smooth releases compared to this. Have you guys checked out the bug forums over there. All kinds of issues.

I love you SI, but you guys better pick it up a notch next year.

No, SI will fix the bugs. EA wouldn't.
cougarfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:06 PM   #503
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

the crashing when trying to get coach's reports on my own players is getting irritating
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:35 PM   #504
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
the crashing when trying to get coach's reports on my own players is getting irritating

Funny thing is some report this while others don't have any problems. I have not had one crash, using the beta for WSM DD (from boonty), whether on coach reports or anything else. I have played 3 matches and have not had the high scores\poor goalkeepers. My three games and been 2-2 draw, 2-0, and 1-0 wins. Playing with Cambridge City in the BSS.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 09:46 PM   #505
BYU 14
Coordinator

I have noticed the the long shot issue as well, but I have a couple of Players who are solid here, so it has benefitted me overall.

I think post patch you just have to be more spot on with individual instructions that fit your players strengths, as opposed to just a good overall tactic. I spent a lot of time tweaking indivdual instructions yesterday and after my 1 - 1 - 2 start have gone 10 - 2 -3 in my last 15 to move up to 4th in League one.

One strong example comes to mind in terms of the individual player tweaking. My starting AMC has high creativity, high passing and decisions and is slow as hell. I have him set at through balls often and passing mixed to allow him to make judgements on how to pass. I also have run with ball set to mixed and forward runs rarely. As a result he is usually pretty good at holding the ball above the area and picking the best option, in fact against fair to bad teams he is surgical in his passing.

I subbed him out leading the first place team 2 - nil, and put in a AMC that was better suited for forward runs and short passing. I didn't tweak him to see what would happen, and sure enough my attack went to hell. He gave the ball away repeatedly in the opponents half and sure enough the game ended in a 2-2 draw, due largely to my inability to create quality chances and allowing the other Team to hit me on the counter. So it may be that you just have to play closer attention to individual instructions in 2008, than in previous builds.

I have been able to build a team that fits my tactic well, so overall I am happy, as long as the closing down gets completely fixed and the long shots get toned down a little.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 11-12-2007 at 09:49 PM.
BYU 14 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:05 PM   #506
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweed View Post
Funny thing is some report this while others don't have any problems. I have not had one crash, using the beta for WSM DD (from boonty), whether on coach reports or anything else. I have played 3 matches and have not had the high scores\poor goalkeepers. My three games and been 2-2 draw, 2-0, and 1-0 wins. Playing with Cambridge City in the BSS.

I was getting this crash after installing the patch in a game that I had started pre-patch. I since quit and started over, and in my latest game, have not had the problem.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 10:21 PM   #507
BYU 14
Coordinator

One other thing I think is a bit high is the scoring off of corners. While I would like to think I have a pretty good set up, 12 goals in 20 games from corners seems like it may be a bit high. Anyone else noticed this?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:30 PM   #508
Coffee Warlord
Head Coach

You'n me both.

My stud striker has made a living off near post flicks. It seems a bit high to me, even though my tactic on corners I feel is pretty spot on.
Coffee Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:43 AM   #509
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

certain things bug me about this game. Currently managing Solihull Moors, I feel like I'm in a black hole:

1. my club hasn't been been invited to play in the FA Cup after 2 seasons, which should be open to all teams in Conference N/S and up (I think).
2. despite trying constantly over the past 2 years, i haven't been able to get 1 player to come to my team on loan. Even when I do a search for players listed for loan and check off 'Filter out unrealistic targets', it's never listed anyone. The teams always accept the loan offer, but the players never do. (I even routinely get passed over for unplayable teams!)
3. Despite playing for 2 full seasons, and getting my squad to the Conf. North playoffs in both seasons, my manager reputation continues to be 'unknown'. (Only two other managers in the game are also listed as 'unknown')
4. When viewing the report listing of Club Net Worth for all clubs in England, my team is drastically the lowest. (my squad's net worth is $40K, nearest clubs is $90K) Which I find to be odd since I've placed in 3rd and 5th in Conference North the past 2 years.

I just feel like perhaps becuase the Solihull Moors FC have only been in existence for 2 years, that the team isn't fully implemented in the game....
Old 11-13-2007, 05:41 AM   #510
Icy
Pro Starter

The reported bugs in SI forums discouraged me to start a game until the final patch is out, and the impatience is killing me as i really want to start to play this game that i bought almost a moth ago already and that i have not yet installed. I play only with small teams that i enjoy rebuilding, and some reported bugs seems gamekilling for it, like the team board and fans expectations not working as it should.

I really hope the patch will be released soon and will fix most of these reported bugs as i'm dying to play this game, but when i do, i'm fully dedicated to it, expending tons of hours just analyzing my team, players to sign, developing tactics etc and i don't want to do it all now to later start again from zero once the patch is released (I know the patches are save game compatible, but it's always recommended to start from zero).

Icy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:05 PM   #511
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by lighthousekeeper View Post
*shrug* Even if it's true, it's not bothering me too much. I've only conceded 38 goals through 35 games.

Sorry, but when the only missed shots are those that are either over the bar or shanked, I call that a problem. *shrug*

Ah well, I'll just shelve it till the final patch comes out. More CK and FOF 2K7, then.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:19 PM   #512
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

They should call the long range keeper bug the "Paul Robinson".
Old 11-13-2007, 01:04 PM   #513
Mizzou B-ball fan
General Manager

I'm glad to read about the long shot bug and that it's being fixed. I started a couple of dynasties and noticed that my goalie was giving up a lot of 30+ yard shots. I embarrassed the poor chap repeatedly in the media only to now find out that it wasn't his fault.

I will say that I'm finding it much more difficult in this version to move up the divisions that I did in the '06 version that I've played over the past couple of years.
Mizzou B-ball fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #514
Passacaglia
Coordinator

Has anyone tried taking a bunch of long shots themselves? Maybe that will make these games more like 11-11 instead of 11-1.
Passacaglia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 03:04 PM   #515
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

The long shot problem can't be as widespread as some are making it out to be. Last season, the most goals I score or were scored on me was 5 and that only happened once. After 2 full seasons, the highest scoring league game I had was 5-3.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:57 PM   #516
samifan24
Pro Starter

Wow I was going to upgrade from WWSM '07 but after reading all these comments about the bugs in '08 I'm going to hold off. It really sounds like SI dropped the ball with this year's release.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:26 PM   #517
ice4277
Pro Rookie

I haven't noticed the long shot bug either. I've played about a dozen or so matches in League One, and have not noticed a high number of long shots going in. I don't think I've had a game with more than 4 goals total.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:02 PM   #518
msf518
n00b

Quote:
certain things bug me about this game. Currently managing Solihull Moors, I feel like I'm in a black hole:

1. my club hasn't been been invited to play in the FA Cup after 2 seasons, which should be open to all teams in Conference N/S and up (I think).
2. despite trying constantly over the past 2 years, i haven't been able to get 1 player to come to my team on loan. Even when I do a search for players listed for loan and check off 'Filter out unrealistic targets', it's never listed anyone. The teams always accept the loan offer, but the players never do. (I even routinely get passed over for unplayable teams!)
3. Despite playing for 2 full seasons, and getting my squad to the Conf. North playoffs in both seasons, my manager reputation continues to be 'unknown'. (Only two other managers in the game are also listed as 'unknown')
4. When viewing the report listing of Club Net Worth for all clubs in England, my team is drastically the lowest. (my squad's net worth is $40K, nearest clubs is $90K) Which I find to be odd since I've placed in 3rd and 5th in Conference North the past 2 years.

I just feel like perhaps becuase the Solihull Moors FC have only been in existence for 2 years, that the team isn't fully implemented in the game....

1. Teams need to be in existence for 3 years to be invited to the FA Cup. In 09-10, they will start to play in that competition( I play with them too and have seen it 1st hand) and it works perfectly.

2. I have also had troubles with loaning in players as well. I got a bunch from my parent club (Aston Villa) my 1st 2 years, but my last 2 years I haven't been able to bring in anyone.

3. It seems to me it took 2 full seasons before I got a manager rating. It started at local, now it is at regional, so there is progression possible there for Moors managers.

4. My teams' net worth seems almost directly correlated to my bank balance, give or take a small amount. This may be the case for you as well.
msf518 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:04 PM   #519
Big Fo
Pro Rookie

People that are giving up a lot of long shots, how are your central midfielders configured? I might have given up a handful of goals if that from outside the box in a full season of Serie C1-A. (lower league, though still way above where some of you prefer to play of course)

My center mids are slow and lack stamina so they have a more defensive mentality and mixed forward runs because I don't want to tire them out, so maybe that could help? They do score quite a few from distance though, I prefer to think of it as superior tactics rather than a flawed match engine, regardless of the truth.
Big Fo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 07:07 PM   #520
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
If you're a semi-pro club then you need to look at geographical suitability for moves - players won't be interested in travelling across country to play for a part-time club.

The type of player you're looking for is a minor player at a team who is obviously on the way out (preferably transfer listed) - anyone with prospects at a professional team is unlikely to want to drop down to a semi-pro club.
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 08:58 PM   #521
highfiveoh
Banned

lol

highfiveoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:04 PM   #522
astrosfan64
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by highfiveoh View Post
lol

What makes it so funny is the brittish accent.
astrosfan64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM   #523
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
lol

oh sweet jesus...i just peed my pants.
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:01 PM   #524
daedalus
Pro Rookie

THAT was badass.
daedalus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 11:24 PM   #525
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffee Warlord View Post
You'n me both.

My stud striker has made a living off near post flicks. It seems a bit high to me, even though my tactic on corners I feel is pretty spot on.

Intersting, most of mine have ceom from near post flicks as well, with my best Header positioned there......Maybe we are just tactical geniuses
Old 11-14-2007, 06:04 AM   #526
Izulde
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Fo View Post
People that are giving up a lot of long shots, how are your central midfielders configured? I might have given up a handful of goals if that from outside the box in a full season of Serie C1-A. (lower league, though still way above where some of you prefer to play of course)

My center mids are slow and lack stamina so they have a more defensive mentality and mixed forward runs because I don't want to tire them out, so maybe that could help? They do score quite a few from distance though, I prefer to think of it as superior tactics rather than a flawed match engine, regardless of the truth.

Wasn't doing anything special with them. Just the basic 4-4-2 formation. Then I did a little tactical research and went something more suited to the teams I was tinkering with, hence the 7-2 defeat rather than 11-0.

And yeah, I think a lot of it is that I'm playing English Conference North/South as well as tinkering with the scrubbiest leagues in Sweden and Scotland, as they're like the definition of LLM.

Still, if it wasn't for the fact that I've not seen a goalie make even one stop in about 20-25 games across these various leagues, I'd say it was possibly me.

But the fact that no goalie's made a stop tells me it's a bug.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:08 PM   #527
bulletsponge
Pro Starter

Quote:
lol

OMG so f**kin funny!
bulletsponge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 PM   #528
SackAttack
Head Coach

So, uh, is there any way to keep the game from raping you on staff members when you first start a new game as a lower-level club?

I offered my scout a new deal to keep him on-board - with a signing bonus of $50k - and he took it. Two days later, he signed with another club for a lower salary.

I really, really wish the game would just let you be on staff for the first year instead of bending you over, taking your best staff, and then saying "Well, but you can sign a guy to replace him who isn't half as good!"

If you want to cause a challenge, put in a damn difficulty level. This is just bullshit.
SackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 05:37 PM   #529
SackAttack
Head Coach

SI ought to be awfully glad I'm not writing a review, because this would be the kind of thing that would knock it instantly to a 5 at best.

I pay $30 for a game, I sit down to play it, and I can't even enjoy it because right off the game is hamstringing me before I can even play a match? I understand that a Premiership side is more attractive to a staff member than a team in the Championship, but Jesus Christ. Let a guy get acclimated to the game before you start ripping his team apart.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:50 PM   #530
daedalus
Pro Rookie

you can't really do that without artificially hamstringing the game (a la FOF starting AFTER the primary offseason actions).
Old 11-15-2007, 12:11 AM   #531
klayman
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SackAttack View Post
SI ought to be awfully glad I'm not writing a review, because this would be the kind of thing that would knock it instantly to a 5 at best.

I pay $30 for a game, I sit down to play it, and I can't even enjoy it because right off the game is hamstringing me before I can even play a match? I understand that a Premiership side is more attractive to a staff member than a team in the Championship, but Jesus Christ. Let a guy get acclimated to the game before you start ripping his team apart.

The effect of staff members during your first couple of seasons is negligible at best, especially for a Championship team. You are unlikely to have any 'wonderkid' youngsters that need to reach their high potential, you are unlikely to be able to purchase any said youngsters, and if you did or are lucky to have one at start, you would certainly be unable to keep them at your team while your coaches developed their talent. That is just the realities of football.

The only other effect staff have is providing information about your team, and if you load the database and include all players from the nation you are playing with (obviously England in your case), you shouldn't have any problem finding any number of suitable candidates for a Championship team. The game is hardly 'hamstringing' you. If you wish not to be in such a position, may I sugest you play with a Premiership team instead?
klayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:08 AM   #532
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
So, uh, is there any way to keep the game from raping you on staff members when you first start a new game as a lower-level club?

I offered my scout a new deal to keep him on-board - with a signing bonus of $50k - and he took it. Two days later, he signed with another club for a lower salary.

I really, really wish the game would just let you be on staff for the first year instead of bending you over, taking your best staff, and then saying "Well, but you can sign a guy to replace him who isn't half as good!"

If you want to cause a challenge, put in a damn difficulty level. This is just bullshit.

I really don't understand the problem your having. I've been able to sign staff and pay them very low wages and still field a winning team while managing in LLM.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:11 AM   #533
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
If you're a semi-pro club then you need to look at geographical suitability for moves - players won't be interested in travelling across country to play for a part-time club.

The type of player you're looking for is a minor player at a team who is obviously on the way out (preferably transfer listed) - anyone with prospects at a professional team is unlikely to want to drop down to a semi-pro club.

If what your saying is true, then at least when I do a player search and ask it to display all players in England who are listed for loan yet 'filter out unrealistic targets', the filter result should display at least 1 player (who I guess would be geographically nearby). But right now there are 0.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:17 AM   #534
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
I really don't understand the problem your having. I've been able to sign staff and pay them very low wages and still field a winning team while managing in LLM.

The problem is not winning.

I'm not looking for a team to start dominating. I just really don't like having the game rip my staff apart before I've had a chance to even acclimate myself to the squad and (perhaps) to the game's new features. It's like "Pick a team. Okay, cool. Unless you picked a major Premiership side (or like equivalent), we're going to rip your staff apart, so the first thing you have to do is try to build a new one before the season starts."

I mean, even THAT wouldn't bother me so much, only I'll successfully fend off a challenge by offering my scout or coach a new contract, and then two days later he'll take another contract at basically the same value he just rejected to stay with me!

It's frustrating, and it immediately jerks me out of any immersion I might be settling into, because I have absolutely no control over it.

I told an FOFCer earlier, I wish the game would just say "Okay, first season is your honeymoon/training wheels/whatever. We'll let you get settled in before you have to start dealing with rapacious AI." Let me feel like I'm part of the universe, not some angry schlob clicking buttons because I have to, dammit.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:47 AM   #535
daedalus
Pro Rookie

strangely, that (the game not having a hand holding period) makes me feel a part of the (game) universe more (than the hand holding period i get from FOF). one of my biggest thing with CM/FM is the sense i get that i am just a part of the football universe where i get the sense that the (american) football world revolves around me in FOF. i honestly would probably lose interest in CM/FM if the "honeymoon period"/hand holding ever got integrated.

are you losing your whole complete staff? or are you losing a specific "star" staffer?
Old 11-15-2007, 06:45 AM   #536
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post
strangely, that (the game not having a hand holding period) makes me feel a part of the (game) universe more (than the hand holding period i get from FOF). one of my biggest thing with CM/FM is the sense i get that i am just a part of the football universe where i get the sense that the (american) football world revolves around me in FOF. i honestly would probably lose interest in CM/FM if the "honeymoon period"/hand holding ever got integrated.

I actually think something like this (though maybe unintentionally) makes it more realistic. When you pick a club to manage, that club essentially is firing its previous manager to give you the job. Its quite possible that such a move IRL would make any current staff rethink their situation and be more apt to move on quickly.

I do think it is harder to get quality staff in lower leagues this time around, but thats probably because it was always too easy to target a coach with 15-20 ratings in a certain category and get him on your club.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:22 AM   #537
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ice4277 View Post
I actually think something like this (though maybe unintentionally) makes it more realistic. When you pick a club to manage, that club essentially is firing its previous manager to give you the job. Its quite possible that such a move IRL would make any current staff rethink their situation and be more apt to move on quickly.
Thai is *definitely* the case, and it is done quite intentionally I believe. When you take over a new club, you can offer all staff members "mutual termination" of their contract and they will accept it every single time. This is to simulate a new manager taking over for a fired manager who is going to be brining in new staff.

At the very least, for the staff that I don't shitcan, I sign to new contracts so if they leave I'll get compensated.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 10:34 PM   #538
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

Just came across this video trailer for WWSM2008 on amazon.

(When you get to that screen, click on the WWSM2008 box)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/mpd/permali...m2N7HBJM62FRAR
Old 11-16-2007, 12:57 PM   #539
wbatl1
High School Varsity

OK, quick question:

I downloaded a facepack and logo pack from the great folks at sortitoutsi, but cannot for the life of me figure out where to extract the files...I have never had a problem finding the folder to extract to with any previous version. I am on XP, if that matters.

Thanks for any help you can provide! (Which I fully understand may be very limited as you guys did not create the game or the facepacks)
Old 11-16-2007, 01:13 PM   #540
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedalus View Post

are you losing your whole complete staff? or are you losing a specific "star" staffer?

I'm one match into the regular season, and I've lost my fitness coach and had 100% scout turnover.

It's mostly the scouts that bother me, because it amounts to an automatic reduction in scouting ability just for picking that team. I mean, granted I don't see all the news for things that happen to AI sides, but I don't recall ever seeing an AI team just get raided like that at the start of a new career.

Also, it just bothers me that a guy would accept a new contract from me, and then two days later go somewhere else entirely.
Old 11-16-2007, 01:47 PM   #541
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Also, it just bothers me that a guy would accept a new contract from me, and then two days later go somewhere else entirely.

Hmmm I would view this as like winning the lottery.

I thought when staff leaves while under contract, the new team must pay the old team compensation to basically "buy out" the remainder of the contract. So you've got an entire contract that you can pocket now, and then just go sign another $85/wk free agent scout.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:13 PM   #542
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatl1 View Post
OK, quick question:

I downloaded a facepack and logo pack from the great folks at sortitoutsi, but cannot for the life of me figure out where to extract the files...I have never had a problem finding the folder to extract to with any previous version. I am on XP, if that matters.

Thanks for any help you can provide! (Which I fully understand may be very limited as you guys did not create the game or the facepacks)

I think graphic downloads for this version go under the Sports Interactive folder in My Documents. I know I put a skin in there, but for a facepack I'm not sure if there is a specific folder for it or if it goes into 'graphics'. I can check when I get home tonight.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #543
SackAttack
Head Coach

Quote:
Hmmm I would view this as like winning the lottery.

I thought when staff leaves while under contract, the new team must pay the old team compensation to basically "buy out" the remainder of the contract. So you've got an entire contract that you can pocket now, and then just go sign another $85/wk free agent scout.

We were due compensation anyway. I was trying to keep him, so I gave him a raise and a generous signing bonus. So I lost the bonus, got the compensation I was going to get anyway, and then had to go find a new fitness coach.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:53 PM   #544
MikeVick7
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbatl1 View Post
OK, quick question:

You can just throw it in the SI 2008 folder in My Documents. And you can actually create new folders within that folder to organize your facepacks, logos, kits, etc.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:02 PM   #545
wbatl1
High School Varsity

Thanks for the help MikeVick and path!
Old 11-17-2007, 12:31 AM   #546
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
We were due compensation anyway. I was trying to keep him, so I gave him a raise and a generous signing bonus. So I lost the bonus, got the compensation I was going to get anyway, and then had to go find a new fitness coach.

I see. It would be nice if you could put in a stipulation that if you offer an up-front signing bonus, that the staff could not leave or would at least need to forfeit a pro-rated portion of it.
Old 11-17-2007, 06:37 PM   #547
Marc Vaughan
SI Games

Quote:
If what your saying is true, then at least when I do a player search and ask it to display all players in England who are listed for loan yet 'filter out unrealistic targets', the filter result should display at least 1 player (who I guess would be geographically nearby). But right now there are 0.

The players listed for loan are frequently those who a team think are likely to 'make it' and looking to gain experience - those unfortunately aren't the ones you're likely to land as a minor team.

What you're looking for are those kids for whom their current team KNOW they aren't going to make the grade and have let the player know it (by transfer listing them) but who are waiting out the players contract expiry.

Those players MIGHT be interested in joining you - its a life line for their fledgling career although most are already aware that few come back from dropping into non-league football.

(if you doubt this check out the last 5 seasons for so of moves from Brighton, frequently our under 18 players who aren't cutting the mustard will go on loan to Hastings and similar places in their final season - its the clubs way of trying to let them find a footballing home before they are released ... should the loaning club show an interest they generally join them, our better kids are retained and often get some first team football)
Marc Vaughan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2007, 08:41 PM   #548
lighthousekeeper
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc Vaughan View Post
The players listed for loan are frequently those who a team think are likely to 'make it' and looking to gain experience - those unfortunately aren't the ones you're likely to land as a minor team.

What you're looking for are those kids for whom their current team KNOW they aren't going to make the grade and have let the player know it (by transfer listing them) but who are waiting out the players contract expiry.

Those players MIGHT be interested in joining you - its a life line for their fledgling career although most are already aware that few come back from dropping into non-league football.

(if you doubt this check out the last 5 seasons for so of moves from Brighton, frequently our under 18 players who aren't cutting the mustard will go on loan to Hastings and similar places in their final season - its the clubs way of trying to let them find a footballing home before they are released ... should the loaning club show an interest they generally join them, our better kids are retained and often get some first team football)

I see - makes sense, although most of the other Conference North teams I'm playing against have many players loaned in from higher-up clubs. And they are not always coming in from a Parent/Feeder club relationship.

Side Note: now in season 3, I finally did get 1 player to show up in the filter list when searching for "Players Listed for Loan; Filter Out Unrealistic Targets". So I feel good that finally a player showed up on the list, hopefully indicating the my squad's reputation is slowly increasing.
Old 11-18-2007, 03:14 AM   #549
bhlloy
Coordinator

I have the most success in LLM in loaning guys who are transfer listed by Championship/League 1 teams. That follows from what Marc says, because these are presumably the guys that have been told by the team that they aren't needed, and they just want to play anywhere to try and keep their career going.

I almost never have anyone that is listed for loan interested in me either except a few guys from the amateur leagues in Northern Ireland & Scotland.

One thing that does frustrate me is that right now, it's pointless for me to have a parent club. The only guys they offer me are already listed for loan and usually accept a loan bid from a much bigger club. In 2 seasons I haven't got a single guy from my parent club because of this.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 07:54 AM   #550
Flasch186
Coordinator

any graphics packs for this yet for team logos and such?

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote