Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-18-2006, 05:53 PM   #501
GoSeahawks
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Eek - do you have the intercooler? I've heard the majority of problems happen because of overheating. When did you get the 360?
I bought the 360 on March 25, 2006. I know that because I posted about it on FOFC.

After I posted about the lock up I pulled the game out and noticed a deep circular scratch on the back. I thought that may have been the culprit, so I went back and exchanged it for a new one. I put the new game in and it locked up in the first quarter.

I ordered the intercooler, so hopefully that works. Thanks for the tip.
GoSeahawks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:59 PM   #502
DeToxRox
Head Coach

On PS2 the outside runs there but it depends on the guy you use. I was using Michigan w/ Mike Hart whos not very fast, against a quick Ohio State. I broke some outside runs but their D was snuffing it out.

So quickly I went back to the inside run and found my most success, much like would be the case in real life.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:11 PM   #503
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoSeahawks
I bought the 360 on March 25, 2006. I know that because I posted about it on FOFC.

After I posted about the lock up I pulled the game out and noticed a deep circular scratch on the back. I thought that may have been the culprit, so I went back and exchanged it for a new one. I put the new game in and it locked up in the first quarter.

I ordered the intercooler, so hopefully that works. Thanks for the tip.

I have the intercooler, so that helps. However, I also keep my 360 inside my entertainment unit - one of those ones where the components are inside cabinets and each cabinet has glass on the outside. When I play with the 360, I open the glass door - I've found it helps tremendously in keeping the temperatures down.

Hope the intercooler works for you...
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:13 PM   #504
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Woot! Super fun . I'm on the 360, I picked "Rutgers" as my team and saw some cool background stuff than fired up RU v. UConn on Varsity (I'm not that good.. to say the least) and ended up winning 21-14 . I'm loving the game and both the passing game and running game seem fun.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:20 PM   #505
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Woot! Super fun . I'm on the 360, I picked "Rutgers" as my team and saw some cool background stuff than fired up RU v. UConn on Varsity (I'm not that good.. to say the least) and ended up winning 21-14 . I'm loving the game and both the passing game and running game seem fun.

Rutgers really aren't that bad in the game -- I think they're got most of the ratings for the teams spot on, since I think Rutgers will have a good year in real life.

WVUFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #506
duff88
College Prospect

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
On PS2 the outside runs there but it depends on the guy you use. I was using Michigan w/ Mike Hart whos not very fast, against a quick Ohio State. I broke some outside runs but their D was snuffing it out.

So quickly I went back to the inside run and found my most success, much like would be the case in real life.

Personally, I think it would be great but the problem is that following your fullback while he's blocking is useless because he just runs in front of you without blocking any players. It was costly before I noticed that it was happening most of the time cause I was expecting him to at least attempt a block and I was tackled most of the time...
duff88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:22 PM   #507
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Btw, I also played a bit with WVU and Louisville in the Mini-Games... Man, WVU is a fuuuuuun team to be . Though it is funny to see how much more accurate the QBs at WVU and Louisville are.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #508
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigSca
Yeah guys - be clear which NCAA you're talking about. I have the 360 and the PSP version and they are vastly different in gameplay.

what are the gameplay difference on PSP and 360?
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:24 PM   #509
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISiddiqui
Btw, I also played a bit with WVU and Louisville in the Mini-Games... Man, WVU is a fuuuuuun team to be . Though it is funny to see how much more accurate the QBs at WVU and Louisville are.

Honestly, they have Pat White (WVU QB); passing accuracy rating too high -- he's not that great of a passer. His strength is his speed.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:27 PM   #510
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVUFAN
Honestly, they have Pat White (WVU QB); passing accuracy rating too high -- he's not that great of a passer. His strength is his speed.

I know, I saw plenty of WVU. Maybe they were impacted by the SPANKING of Georgia in the Bowl .
Old 07-18-2006, 06:31 PM   #511
General Mike
Pro Starter

I know its pointless to talk about, but these PS2 ratings are ridiculous. How the hell does Temple have an 80 overall freshman RB?
General Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:33 PM   #512
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
what are the gameplay difference on PSP and 360?

The PSP seems like a scaled-down port of the PS2 version I've been playing for years. The 360 version is an entirely different beast altogether...in a good way. The 360 felt "new" and the animations and gameplay felt like I was playing an entirely different game. My first inclination was to say "entirely different and superior", but I've only played one game thus far, so I'll hold off. However, I will say the 360 version just felt more intelligent - the opposing QB sliced and diced his way through me (as did their rushing attack), and the deep ball on the offensive side was as difficult as RL. Mind you, I'm not an NCAA professional - so I don't sit there and play the game for 24 hours straight looking to find any and all exploits (like others seem to do), but the 360 version felt easy where it was supposed to be and difficult where it's supposed to be. Superior gameplay and super graphics = a heck of a lot of fun.
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-18-2006 at 06:33 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:39 PM   #513
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Mike
I know its pointless to talk about, but these PS2 ratings are ridiculous. How the hell does Temple have an 80 overall freshman RB?

Overall, I thought the PS2 ratings were pretty accurate. I don't know alot about Temple's recruiting, but it's not so hard to believe they didn't manage to recruit someone with that rating.

Old 07-18-2006, 06:45 PM   #514
Greyroofoo
Pro Starter

I never did like the rating system in the NCAA/Madden games.

I like FOF's system a lot better because they use virtually all the numbers 1-100. In Madden/NCAA there's never anyone being rated below 50.
Greyroofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:47 PM   #515
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

From FoxSports:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5575364

Quote:
Leading rusher Umar Ferguson is gone along with number two man Michael Billops, but the situation might turn out to be better with the return of Tim Brown after missing last year due to academic issues. Jason Harper is a great recruit who'll see plenty of time right away as a true freshman. Josh Bundy and Mike Neal are big backs who should create a good fullback tandem.

Maybe he is that good?

Edit:

Apparently he is the Daily Record's (Morris County, NJ) Player of the Year:

http://www.dailyrecord.com/sports/al...all-player.htm

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-18-2006 at 06:51 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:48 PM   #516
wade moore
lolzcat

I'm not having any trouble running ata ll based on my limited playing. If anything, I think it may be easier since I can run just as well as last year without adjusting sliders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby
Maybe I am just getting old though, but I am learning to not let perfect be the enemy of the very good...
wade moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:50 PM   #517
Celeval
Pro Starter

Quote:

Jason Harper - NJ All-State and set a bunch of records in 2004 (2995 yards, 35 TDs), then went to a military academy in VA in 2005 before transferring to Temple. Fox Sports has him as the "Unsung star on the rise" at Temple in their college fb preview.
Celeval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:54 PM   #518
Raiders Army
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27
You playing on AA or Heisman? I'm reconsidering the idea of starting on Heisman as I was never that good at the game.
AA and I had my ass handed to me. I played one game on Varsity and it seemed too easy. I'll probably stay at All American for a bit until I can dominate the computer and then bump up.
Raiders Army is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:55 PM   #519
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celeval
Jason Harper - NJ All-State and set a bunch of records in 2004 (2995 yards, 35 TDs), then went to a military academy in VA in 2005 before transferring to Temple. Fox Sports has him as the "Unsung star on the rise" at Temple in their college fb preview.

Well Harper may be good, but he shouldn't be rated higher than a guy who had 1120 yards as a true frosh in the Big East and had a higher YPC than Steve Slaton.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-18-2006, 06:58 PM   #520
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Well Harper may be good, but he shouldn't be rated higher than a guy who had 1120 yards as a true frosh in the Big East and had a higher YPC than Steve Slaton.

Who is that?

Edit: You must be talking about Rice. Yeah, he's good. What do they have him rated?

Last edited by WVUFAN : 07-18-2006 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #521
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Ah, I see... it all comes back to Rutgers. Get over yourself . Or.. your school.

Besides Rice is rated a 79... ain't exactly a big difference there.

Last edited by ISiddiqui : 07-18-2006 at 07:04 PM.
ISiddiqui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 06:59 PM   #522
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Who is that?

Guess which school .

I give you one guess..
Old 07-18-2006, 08:03 PM   #523
RPI-Fan
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyroofoo
I never did like the rating system in the NCAA/Madden games.

I like FOF's system a lot better because they use virtually all the numbers 1-100. In Madden/NCAA there's never anyone being rated below 50.

Amen, I always have felt this way. Also feel this way for figure skating, etc. any sports where they don't use nearly all of the "scoring range".
Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM   #524
General Mike
Pro Starter

I suck at this game.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:06 PM   #525
spleen1015
Coordinator

Someone pick the team that I will use in my dynasty.

Please.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-18-2006 at 08:07 PM.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:07 PM   #526
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
I suck at this game.

I think I do too. I played as Air Force against Army and won 14-13 because of the option, mostly.

Last edited by spleen1015 : 07-18-2006 at 08:08 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:08 PM   #527
rexallllsc
Banned

Does anyone have the 360 rosters up yet?
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:13 PM   #528
ISiddiqui
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015

Please.

Wyoming .
Old 07-18-2006, 08:14 PM   #529
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:

Please.

Tulsa.

Old 07-18-2006, 08:15 PM   #530
ice4277
Pro Rookie

Quote:

Please.

Arkansas St.
ice4277 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #531
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Tulsa.

I'll go with Tulsa.

I was going to go with Air Force, but they're really bad. Wyoming is just as bad.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:16 PM   #532
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Does the cpu teams run often enough?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:17 PM   #533
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

I played my first game as Memphis vs. Troy. I lost 59-34, even though I dominated time of possession, and I ran twice as many plays as the Trojans. Turnovers killed me. I played with 8-minute quarters on All-American difficulty. The only slider I had adjusted was WR catching (from 50 up to 55, although I'm going to raise it to 60 for next game). No major problems jumped out for me except for the safeties being out of position more than I had expected. They sometimes turned their backs to the ball when it was coming toward them. It was awkward for sure, and that's also the reason that Troy managed two or three long touchdown passes against me.

Still, considering that I'm still learning defense and had to spend much of the second half playing catch-up, I think things came out pretty well. The only feature I'm really missing from last year's game is the match-up stick. I know who my best players are, but there's no quick and easy way to compare my players against my opposition. Otherwise, I love everything in the game so far.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #534
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

God firkin dang it, stupid ass customer kept me at work for another hour, which kept me from getting to GameStup intime to purchase the game (got there at 9:03 PM).

One of several reasons I hope this customer gets attacked by rabid wolverines.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:27 PM   #535
General Mike
Pro Starter

Quote:
Who is that?

Edit: You must be talking about Rice. Yeah, he's good. What do they have him rated?

Rice isn't the only guy that bugs me tho. It's Meekins (DT #60) that has an even more ridiculous rating. Guy had 9 sacks and 15 TFLs last year and he's only a 70? WTF.
Nebraska Coach FOFC-BBCF
Rutgers & Washington coach Bowl Bound-BBCF
Old 07-18-2006, 08:31 PM   #536
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

I picked it up today and my first game was a 91-0 win (to be fair, it was VT vs. Northeastern...our real life opener ). I hate playing against the CPU, but EA has gone and screwed up by having the online servers down on release day.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:35 PM   #537
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97
I picked it up today and my first game was a 91-0 win (to be fair, it was VT vs. Northeastern...our real life opener ). I hate playing against the CPU, but EA has gone and screwed up by having the online servers down on release day.

wow

What level were you playing?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:36 PM   #538
WVUFAN
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPI97

Damn. You're obviously a better player than me. I'm playing 5 minute Quarters as my first game, WVU vs Marshall, and only managed to beat Marshall by 28 points (35-7)

91-0? Sheesh. What difficulty did you play on?

Old 07-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #539
VPI97
Hokie, Hokie, Hokie, Hi

Quote:
What difficulty did you play on?
I play on Heisman...but that score is deceiving because a) Northeastern sucks and b) I have a lot of practice. I usually login about 350-300 online games per version...I just wish I could get online tonight.
VPI97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:45 PM   #540
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I'm really enjoying the 360 version so far. The new man coverage, zone coverage ratings really makes me think much more about the defenses that I call now. Heisman level CRUSHED me even though I was using USC and I played a game against Arkansas. I think it is going to be All American for me for a good while. Even that is giving me a good challenge as I barely squeaked by ND in a play now game. I'm also finding the mini-games surprisingly addictive. Overall, very fun so far.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 08:54 PM   #541
General Mike
Pro Starter

I lost my first game to Temple, 23-7 on Varsity, but came back with an 18-9 win.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:11 PM   #542
rexallllsc
Banned

Quote:
I'm really enjoying the 360 version so far. The new man coverage, zone coverage ratings really makes me think much more about the defenses that I call now. Heisman level CRUSHED me even though I was using USC and I played a game against Arkansas. I think it is going to be All American for me for a good while. Even that is giving me a good challenge as I barely squeaked by ND in a play now game. I'm also finding the mini-games surprisingly addictive. Overall, very fun so far.

Option dash is awesome.
rexallllsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 PM   #543
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

I really like them all. Bowling is my favorite, but they are all good. Now, I'm at halftime of a classic defensive struggle with ND (I'm USC of course.) I've never seen such good defensive football on AA, and without cheap drops. I'm seeing some drops, but it is because of the QB throwing it behind the receiver and such or a really hard hit. I love some of the animations where you can see the guy sliding down and trying to reach behind him. Power running inside with a big back is great fun too. So far, my stats seem well within the realm of believability. Both sides are hitting some deep balls, but not nearly as frequent as last year's version.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:29 PM   #544
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Oh yeah, I love that very good CPU QB's on AA can be effective even against a very good defense. Despite the fact that this is a defensive struggle (10-7 at the half we lead) Brady Quinn is 9 of 14 for 96 yards with a TD.

Meanwhile, my QB is 10 of 15 for 144 yards thanks to a long bomb to Jarrett.

Edited to add: I'm playing with no sliders except penalties. I might increase kicking distance, but I don't see myself needing many sliders so far.

Last edited by Eaglesfan27 : 07-18-2006 at 09:30 PM.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:42 PM   #545
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Eaglefan27

Are you happy with the pancakes so far?
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #546
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRoxDVHStyle
One thing I like for sure after my first game:

When the QB gets drilled trying to throw, it's more likely to be a fumble.
Lost a close one to my brother through this. Momentum for my O just went south after that and I was never able to recover.
biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:48 PM   #547
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

I went up to All American difficulty and beat Texas 38-14. Barely made a 51 yard FG that hit the cross bar and rolled over. Texas QB threw 4 INT but was 13-24 for 283 yards and 1 TD.

I've been having a blast with the game on the 360 so far.
Bearcat729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:51 PM   #548
biological warrior
High School Varsity

Quote:
Oh yeah, I love that very good CPU QB's on AA can be effective even against a very good defense. Despite the fact that this is a defensive struggle (10-7 at the half we lead) Brady Quinn is 9 of 14 for 96 yards with a TD.

Meanwhile, my QB is 10 of 15 for 144 yards thanks to a long bomb to Jarrett.

Edited to add: I'm playing with no sliders except penalties. I might increase kicking distance, but I don't see myself needing many sliders so far.
Updates and stats on the game pls, thxs.
biological warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:58 PM   #549
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Jbmagic, I haven't even found where to see pancakes in an individual game. Anyone know where to look?

Also, I wish there was a way to set Autosub in/out, I can't seem to find it. My HB is getting appropriately fatigued as I pound the rock, but I'm having to use the spell HB Package to get him some rest.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:09 PM   #550
Bearcat729
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Jbmagic, I haven't even found where to see pancakes in an individual game. Anyone know where to look?

Also, I wish there was a way to set Autosub in/out, I can't seem to find it. My HB is getting appropriately fatigued as I pound the rock, but I'm having to use the spell HB Package to get him some rest.

The only way to see Pancakes is in the season stats. I've not seen them in the game stats.