Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 03-22-2007, 09:07 AM   #501
bob
College Starter

yeah, Uncle Briggs, you are right. I sorta screwed that part up in my head.
bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:18 AM   #502
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

enough with the spoiler tags already
Old 03-22-2007, 09:41 AM   #503
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVick7 View Post
Yeah, I've really enjoyed the last three episodes. Last night's was very solid.

"

"...the better half of the Moores..." -cthomer5000
lordscarlet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:46 AM   #504
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

I agree, spoiler tags for spoilers, not for speculation.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:25 PM   #505
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
These aren't spoilers, they're speculation.

Well, some of it could be spoiler-ish for those who have not seen the episode yet (I watch it on abc.com the next day, others TiVo it, etc.). But then again, I would never come into the thread until I did watch the latest episode.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 03:28 PM   #506
Pyser
Pro Rookie

anyone notice how bens eyes keep changing colors?

maybe he's the black smoke monster.
Pyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:42 PM   #507
Rizon
Pro Starter

Locke teh cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suicane75 View Post
I don't think I'd stop even if I found a dick.
Rizon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:35 PM   #508
lordscarlet
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
Well, some of it could be spoiler-ish for those who have not seen the episode yet (I watch it on abc.com the next day, others TiVo it, etc.). But then again, I would never come into the thread until I did watch the latest episode.

We've gone over this 100 times, and I agree. You shouldn't be reading the thread if you haven't watched it and don't want spoilers.

Old 03-24-2007, 01:17 AM   #509
kingfc22
Head Coach

Finally an "Oh Shit" moment when Locke went flying outside a high rise building.

I'm not buying Ben saying that the hatch blowing up has caused the outside world from contacting them.

Ben and Locke make such a good team on screen. The drama and writing is usually very solid between them.
Old 03-24-2007, 03:59 AM   #510
Desmond
Banned

I said it elsewhere and I say it again here. As cool as Locke is, he's been wrong on everything he does and they need to have a payoff to his antics fairly soon. Nobody wants to see the hero (and thats what Jack and Locke are) get his ass kicked over and over and over. I dig his attitude, but at some point they have to get one over on the others.

And I don't want the others to be the good guys, I just dont.
Desmond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2007, 05:05 PM   #511
Easy Mac

So it seems that map in season 1 that Sayid was looking at showed a second... smaller island next to the main island. Damn those writers having no plan at all.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/03/27/a-...t-island-maps/
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:10 PM   #512
Thomkal
Head Coach

Man did this episode come out of left field or what? Gets my vote for worst episode of the series because it appears to have been completely unnecessary to the story.
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2007, 10:12 PM   #513
moriarty
College Starter

It completely blew. Especially following maybe the best episode in ages.

Only thing I can figure is that they somehow get out creating a future plot. Even then though, I'm like ... who really cares.
moriarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 12:04 AM   #514
Daimyo
College Starter

I think they wanted to have a clip show and this was the best they could come up without it actually being a clip show. Mildly interesting to see the past events from a different perspective, but a pretty big let down after how great the last few weeks were.
Daimyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 01:02 AM   #515
Rizon
Pro Starter

Another crappy filler episode with a useless flashback. :\

Great twist at the end, although it would have been effective if it were one of the main characters. And the chick had a nice rack, too.

PS: Where were these spiders the whole time?
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 02:55 AM   #516
Pyser
Pro Rookie

i thought it started horribly, and got better every minute. LOVED the ending.

pretty good green screen or whatever effects to put those 2 back in the original footage of the crash.

im totally on board this season, post hiatus. really enjoying the show again.
Old 03-29-2007, 10:03 AM   #517
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm largely in agreement with Pyser about this episode. I'm fine with a "filler' episode if it tells a good story and I thought this one did. Also, it was a reminder that anytime there is any scene in "Lost" that seems out of place (stuff in the hatch involving the two characters) it probably isn't.

Although I'm not sure why they introduced these two characters at the start of the year just to get rid of them this quickly.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:26 AM   #518
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post
Although I'm not sure why they introduced these two characters at the start of the year just to get rid of them this quickly.

This is what I don't understand. These 2 mean nothing to the main part of the story.

The only good they've served is to show us Ben and Juliet in the Pearl hatch plotting to kidnap Jack. They could have done this another way.
spleen1015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:45 AM   #519
Kodos
Resident Alien

An entertaining but throwaway episode.
Kodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 PM   #520
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoopsguy View Post

Remember when Paulo was burying the diamonds in the sand and John Locke said, "Nothing on this island stays buried". Foreshadowing perhaps?
Old 03-29-2007, 03:10 PM   #521
G-Man
High School JV

Thumbs down Did the spider's bite also stop your pulse?

I understand that the spider's bite paralyzed the two for 8 hours but even in paralysis doesn't your heart still beat and don't you have a pulse albeit slowed down?

Tho this episode was not boring (eye candy and interesting flash backs) I did find it a complete waste of an hour in season 3!

Maybe in a couple of weeks we will see an episode about Mike and Walt on a boat singing "row row row your boat gently down the stream"
Old 03-29-2007, 07:58 PM   #522
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
I understand that the spider's bite paralyzed the two for 8 hours but even in paralysis doesn't your heart still beat and don't you have a pulse albeit slowed down?

Tho this episode was not boring (eye candy and interesting flash backs) I did find it a complete waste of an hour in season 3!

Maybe in a couple of weeks we will see an episode about Mike and Walt on a boat singing "row row row your boat gently down the stream"

I thought I heard the titty chick say something about it slows the pulse down so slow not even a doctor could hear it. Or maybe I could be wrong.

I think if they had Charlie died instead of the 2 people at the end, it would have been much more of a shocker. I would have liked to see that instead. Bringing in new characters just to kill them off is getting kind of old.
Quote:
Old 03-29-2007, 08:08 PM   #523
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
I thought I heard the titty chick say something about it slows the pulse down so slow not even a doctor could hear it. Or maybe I could be wrong.

I remember that too.

Sort of conflicted on it. By itself, I did really like the episode. It almost had a Twilight Zone feel to it. It was a pretty good story.

But it feels so out of place with regards to the overall story line. Maybe they threw in this filler episode so that people wouldn't forget about Sawyer, Hurley, Sun and Jin since they haven't been in many episodes recently? They have all kind of disappeared for a few episodes as they focus on Kate, Locke, Sayid and Jack. They might go bye-bye again for a few more episodes.

I wonder if them being buried alive is going to be found out at some point. And you know Sun finding out about Charlie and Sawyer being the ones who kidnapped her is going to come up down the road. I wonder how that's going to play out.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:05 AM   #524
kingfc22
Head Coach

I agree with sab on this one. I liked the episode how it was written. It had a different feel to most Lost episodes.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:08 AM   #525
Ragone
Pro Rookie

That would have been a good episode.. last year
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 AM   #526
Lorena
Unregistered

Yeah, I wasn't crazy about this episode either... I mean they had a pulse right they weren't dead. They were probably broke the law and the writers decided to kill them off.

Well, looking forward to the chick fight next week, Kate is gonna beat whats her name's ass.
Lorena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:17 AM   #527
Lorena
Unregistered

dola,

not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a pretty good Lost podcast found here.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:29 AM   #528
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
Well, looking forward to the chick fight next week, Kate is gonna beat whats her name's ass.

I hope so. Kate is much better looking than evil blondie.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:04 AM   #529
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Given how big of a fan the producers are of Steven King, and vice-versa, I'd wager that this episode was an homage to King. Hell - I wouldn't be surprised if he either wrote or directed the episode. Very very Steven-King-ish feel last night.
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 12:11 PM   #530
hoopsguy
General Manager

I'm amused that this episode has generated more conversation than we've seen in the "Lost" thread in months. And by conversation I don't mean, "Lost is teh sux, hate the time slot, hate the break, they keep lying to us and never solve anything". Given that I missed the first season, and all the good conversation here around it, this is what I've been hoping to see break out again at some point.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:28 PM   #531
Pyser
Pro Rookie

heres what ive found about this show, and it really has helped me immensely:

dont watch the trailers for next week.

that was a big part of my anger towards the show...and as i understand it, theyve really stopped teasing the show in huge ways anyway...but ever since the "3 big answers" teaser, ive just stopped watching. made the show much more enjoyable, since i knew id watch anyway.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:32 PM   #532
Daimyo
College Starter

Maybe that's why I didn't get nearly as down on the show as others this season.... I never watch the previews.
Old 03-30-2007, 11:39 PM   #533
Lathum
Favored Bitch #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rizon View Post
Bringing in new characters just to kill them off is getting kind of old.

WINNER

the whole second season was all about bringong people in to kill them so they can tease you on the trailer.

We watched the whole episode with a "who cares if these two die" attitude. I am sure 15 episodes from now this storyline will be re hashed in some way.
Lathum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 07:37 PM   #534
TazFTW
Pro Rookie

The show needs more Billy Dee.

Fire Ron Lee.
TazFTW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 08:24 PM   #535
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazFTW View Post
The show needs more Billy Dee.

It needs more COWBELLS.
Quote:
Old 04-02-2007, 05:19 AM   #536
Lorena
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodgerchick View Post
dola,

not sure if this has been mentioned, but there's a pretty good Lost podcast found here.

I just finished listening to the official Lost Podcast found here: http://abc.go.com/primetime/lost/podcast

They answer viewer emails and interviewed the actress that plays Juliette (the blond girl). Good stuff... no spoilers, but teasers.

Next week they're interviewing Josh Holloway (aka Sawyer).
Old 04-05-2007, 11:13 AM   #537
Cork
H.S. Freshman Team

Last nights episode was pretty good. It looks like Lost is finally hitting it's stride again. It was nice to see the smoke monster show up again.

-Cork
Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 12:04 PM   #538
Daimyo
College Starter

I thought last night's episode was solid.

However, are we really supposed to believe that Sawyer has no clue about how to appeal to others when he is supposed to be a con man? (unless acting that way is part of some larger con he's working - but what would be the point?)
Old 04-05-2007, 12:13 PM   #539
Draft Dodger
Coordinator

I do with they'd stop with the flashback's - they were a strength in Season 1...now they are tired and far too intertwined.
Old 04-05-2007, 12:22 PM   #540
moriarty
College Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daimyo View Post
I thought last night's episode was solid.

However, are we really supposed to believe that Sawyer has no clue about how to appeal to others when he is supposed to be a con man? (unless acting that way is part of some larger con he's working - but what would be the point?)

Well if we can believe in a smoke monster, we can believe pretty much anything. But there's a lot of inconsistencies if you really want to look for them.

Regarding the flashbacks, I thought at least last night's flashbacks were pertinent. It showed Kates failed attempts to make things right in her previous life (killing her mom's husband) with her failed attempts to make things right on the island (rescuing Jack only to screw up his chance for escape).
Old 04-05-2007, 03:42 PM   #541
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I remember that too.

Sort of conflicted on it. By itself, I did really like the episode. It almost had a Twilight Zone feel to it. It was a pretty good story.

I had much the same thought about the episode. It very much had a Twilight Zone feel to it. I didn't really care if the characters died, but I was curious to hear what happened to put them in this position. It didn't necessarily advance the whole Lost story, but it was interesting on its own. Nice to see them reach out a little bit and tell a side story. Most shows do that and it seems to make the story drag out less than having every show be about the main plot but just move it ever so slightly forward.

All of the familiar flashbacks now containing the new characters was a bit of a distraction for me. Kind of like The Black Donnellys with the narrator character. To have people just suddenly appear is distracting.

I also found it odd that these characters were introduced early in the season apparently just to die in this episode. Their introduction seemed fairly forced at the time, but I assumed they would have a bigger role than this.
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 05:55 PM   #542
Easy Mac

In one of their podcasts, the producers made a comment about how they originally had planned for Ben (Michael Emerson) to have a short, 2-3 show arc, but he was so good in the role that they reworked some things to keep him on. They made an off-hand mention that if he had sucked, they would have had no problem cutting him loose, and wouldn't be against doing this. I have a feeling that such a thing happened to the Nicky and Paolo characters. They just weren't good actors (and were generally hated anyway), so they just cut them short when they saw it wasn't working, and just gave someone else their future island storyline.

Just my opinion, no actual facts for this.
Easy Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #543
spleen1015
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Easy Mac View Post
In one of their podcasts, the producers made a comment about how they originally had planned for Ben (Michael Emerson) to have a short, 2-3 show arc, but he was so good in the role that they reworked some things to keep him on. They made an off-hand mention that if he had sucked, they would have had no problem cutting him loose, and wouldn't be against doing this. I have a feeling that such a thing happened to the Nicky and Paolo characters. They just weren't good actors (and were generally hated anyway), so they just cut them short when they saw it wasn't working, and just gave someone else their future island storyline.

Just my opinion, no actual facts for this.

There wasn't much to use to determine if they sucked or not before they got killed. I don't know what they had in mind for these characters. If it was what we got, sheesh, there is no sense to them.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:43 PM   #544
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

I thought this episode was a disappointment, main reason being the flashbacks. Pointless, as always. It didn't tell us anything we should really care about, or that we already didn't know. It sucks your mom turned you in... big deal, don't tell me about it twice.

The island part of the episode was perfectly fine with the exception of a few things.. but like I said, the flashback is what didn't do it for me, that's for damn sure.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 08:21 PM   #545
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by spleen1015 View Post
I don't know what they had in mind for these characters.

I doubt they really had anything in mind for the characters. Nothing specific, anyway. As they were killing some characters, and stretching what characters they did have thin (some were held by the Others), you have to replace and repopulate your stock of available side characters. With the death of the 2 chicks, and the capture Jack, Kate and Sawyer, they needed a few more bodies at the camp. I'm guessing that's where these 2 came into existstance.

They didn't work out, the actors were dicks, they couldn't think of anything to do with them, anything could be the reason why they decided to kill them off. But I doubt they introduced them at the beginning of the season knowing they were going to off them midway through.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:36 PM   #546
thealmighty
Pro Starter

Maybe the real point of the whole flashback was that Sawyer is going to be a father. Maybe that will come into play...

...or maybe the flahbacks are just crappy filler to lengthen the show to however many years they want.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:39 PM   #547
Rizon
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Maybe the real point of the whole flashback was that Sawyer is going to be a father. Maybe that will come into play...

WAAAAAAAAAALT WALT! THEY TOOK MY BOY!!!!!
Quote:
Old 04-05-2007, 10:51 PM   #548
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by thealmighty View Post
Maybe the real point of the whole flashback was that Sawyer is going to be a father.

We already know that!

I think when it's all said and done, the connections between the characters is going to be very significant, and not just some "8 degress of seperation" game they've been playing, so they've been making sure to really tie all of the characters together. Just my speculation, though.
Old 04-05-2007, 10:54 PM   #549
Ragone
Pro Rookie

I had that same discussion with a buddy of mine at work tonight.. it seems no one on the island is more then 1 degree of seperation from anyone else..
Ragone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 10:05 AM   #550
spleen1015
Coordinator

The Others have abandoned their little village. On the way out, they left the door unlocked so that Kate and Juliet could get back in. Juliet has the key.

Is there still running water? Does the electricity still work? if Juliet knows the keycode for the fence, it is a safe assumption that she knows all of the details of this village.

Why not go back to the beach and let the rest of the Losties know about the village and move everyone out there. They could have running water and electricity. If the Others come back, they have the fence to keep them out unless the Others know of another way to get in.

Does anyone else think the Others abandoned their little village because of the conversation that happened between Locke and Benny Boy? If you believe in the island so much, why do you have the chicken in the frig? Why are you living in 'civilization'? Or whatever he said. Basically just questioning his belief in the island.