kingfc22
Head Coach

Final vote count:

St. Cronin (5) - tanglewood, qwikshot, lathum, blade, dubb
Barkeep (3) - path, tyrith, st. cronin
Tanglewood (2) - sndvls, schmidty
Dubb (1) - anxiety
Tyrith (1) - barkeep

Last edited by kingfc22 : 05-17-2006 at 08:40 PM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:38 PM   #502
Schmidty
Coordinator

Not sure what to say. Was this good, bad, or nuetral.

LALALALALLALA
Schmidty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #503
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmidty
Not sure what to say. Was this good, bad, or nuetral.

LALALALALLALA
He was a maniac/wolf/killer..thats good, no?
It's always darkest just before it goes pitch black.
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
http://www.despair.com/viewall.html
Blade6119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:40 PM   #504
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubb93
Was that your 1st time as a baddy?

yes

knives out
st.cronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #505
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
He was a maniac/wolf/killer..thats good, no?

"Michael Evans #111 (st. cronin) room is searched afterwards. You find a cup of water, a flashlight and some pills. These are not the same pills that were found in saldana's room however. As you look closer at them, you notice a "DW" stamped on the outside of them."

That doesn't seem very definitive to me.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #506
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
HELL YEAH!!!! Barkeep goes tomorrow, end of story. I'd love to hear his side of this.
It makes sense for a bad guy to be on the right side of an innocent.
Barkeep49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #507
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- I never said a nice word about him despite his steadfastly supporting me.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #508
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
"Michael Evans #111 (st. cronin) room is searched afterwards. You find a cup of water, a flashlight and some pills. These are not the same pills that were found in saldana's room however. As you look closer at them, you notice a "DW" stamped on the outside of them."

That doesn't seem very definitive to me.

DW = Dr. Widger? I eat croquet.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:51 PM   #509
Schmidty
Coordinator

Wait, Widger is the bad doctor. That makes it a bit more clear.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #510
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Wait, Widger is the bad doctor. That makes it a bit more clear.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
Dr. Widger
hes the head of the maniacs, aka the killers, aka cronins friends
Demotivation
Sometimes the best solution to morale problems is just to fire all of the unhappy people.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #511
Barkeep49
Coordinator

For further proof see, most recently, Hoops steadfastly supporting me that I was never converted because as a bad guy he knew I had never been converted.
Old 05-17-2006, 08:53 PM   #512
Schmidty
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
DW = Dr. Widger? I eat croquet.

That's a perfect example of why I tell people that I'm the worst WW player around.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:00 PM   #513
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingfc22
I don't want to list the possible roles that might be used in this game because that would ruin the whole reason to keep PM's secret.
I trust your making a good decision as a GM. But I just want to say that we've played TONS of games where every role was known. It was only with hoops game, Game XXI, in other words 5 games ago, that every role was a mystery. Before that there might be A surprise role, but it is a very recent trend that the mechanics of WW games are a mystery. Now it's clear that I write my rules from the perspective of a "rules lawyer" but I think that there is a level of announcing rules out there between what we've been doing and what I do. This is no rip on King, but there are plenty of ways to make WW exciting while still having all the major rules out there.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:03 PM   #514
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49
I trust your making a good decision as a GM. But I just want to say that we've played TONS of games where every role was known. It was only with hoops game, Game XXI, in other words 5 games ago, that every role was a mystery. Before that there might be A surprise role, but it is a very recent trend that the mechanics of WW games are a mystery. Now it's clear that I write my rules from the perspective of a "rules lawyer" but I think that there is a level of announcing rules out there between what we've been doing and what I do. This is no rip on King, but there are plenty of ways to make WW exciting while still having all the major rules out there.
I dont know any role outside of my own...the french role i just similar to another role i saw, so i make an mental leap to assume their the same...i have ideas what other roles could be out there, but so does everyone. I dont know for certain any role is in the game besides my weak ass one(which shouldnt be an issue after tonight, as it should be me, dubb, or the bodyguard tonight if dubb is good)
Demotivation
Old 05-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #515
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade6119
I dont know any role outside of my own...the french role i just similar to another role i saw, so i make an mental leap to assume their the same...i have ideas what other roles could be out there, but so does everyone. I dont know for certain any role is in the game besides my weak ass one(which shouldnt be an issue after tonight, as it should be me, dubb, or the bodyguard tonight if dubb is good)
Like I said I trust King to have made a good decision. My frustration is more about what has been going on as a trend. This really isn't against King, as I believe I've mentioned this in a couple other places. Just seemed like a good time to bring something up which I hope would recieve consideration after this game.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:11 PM   #516
Barkeep49
Coordinator

DOLA -- I also trust that you wouldn't be playing this game if you felt you had an incredibly unfair advantage over all of us, Blade.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:17 PM   #517
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Like I said I trust King to have made a good decision. My frustration is more about what has been going on as a trend. This really isn't against King, as I believe I've mentioned this in a couple other places. Just seemed like a good time to bring something up which I hope would recieve consideration after this game.

not to threadjack from the grave, but i can easily see your point...there was alot of confusion in the star wars game regarding what roles might be out there because i made the remark that it was a standard game of WW (which was meant to be a comparison to the treasure hunter game) but was construed to mean there were not any particularly bizarre roles out there. the fact that some people took it one way and others another i think created some problems for the jedi.
saldana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:19 PM   #518
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Since I'm pretty well resigned to my fate tonight I would atleast like some convo on Anxiety's role reveal which strikes me as complete BS.
dubb93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 09:20 PM   #519
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

DOLA:

And I think if any of us have to go it would be best for the group if it were me as my role doesn't help the team in any way and only serves to handi-cap me by taking away some of my free will.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:25 PM   #520
kingfc22
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by saldana
there was alot of confusion in the star wars game regarding what roles might be out there because i made the remark that it was a standard game of WW (which was meant to be a comparison to the treasure hunter game) but was construed to mean there were not any particularly bizarre roles out there. the fact that some people took it one way and others another i think created some problems for the jedi.

This being my first WW game. My remark about a standard game is similiar to what saldana has said here.

Sorry for any confusion it may have caused.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:27 PM   #521
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
not to threadjack from the grave, but i can easily see your point...there was alot of confusion in the star wars game regarding what roles might be out there because i made the remark that it was a standard game of WW (which was meant to be a comparison to the treasure hunter game) but was construed to mean there were not any particularly bizarre roles out there. the fact that some people took it one way and others another i think created some problems for the jedi.
I don't think the fact that the villagers have been losing and the roles have been hidden are unrelated, to kind of empasize a point.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:28 PM   #522
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
DOLA:

And I think if any of us have to go it would be best for the group if it were me as my role doesn't help the team in any way and only serves to handi-cap me by taking away some of my free will.
Dubb, i do belive we have roles quite similar to each other...not the same, but a similar situation i do believe
Demotivation
Old 05-17-2006, 09:30 PM   #523
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
I don't think the fact that the villagers have been losing and the roles have been hidden are unrelated, to kind of empasize a point.

wah wah wah ya big baby

knives out
Old 05-17-2006, 09:33 PM   #524
dubb93
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

Or it could be due to the fact that Hoops has been a bad guy alot recently.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:43 PM   #525
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:

winner, imo
Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #526
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
winner, imo
Here's why I disagree: There are any one of a half dozen players who could have done what he's done last couple of games. When little information is known it favors the wolves since they, by default, have more knowledge of mechanics in that situation then anyone else.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:44 PM   #527
path12
Coordinator

Quote:

I think that's a definite factor. As for this game, I don't think there's any problem or confusion (at least not on my part) with how King set it up -- I'm having a great time with it. I have been playing a lot of WW elsewhere lately though and totally understand Barkeep's point -- I've been in quite a few tense games where every role is documented ahead of time. It all depends on what you're trying to accomplish, but hidden roles don't necessarily make or break one way or the other -- it's just a different option, and isn't necessarily the standard.

Oh, and to dubb's point -- no, I don't put much stock at all in Anxiety's reveal. And I also ironically feel much better about Barkeep now that Cronin was found to be bad. Figures, the ONE time I don't vote for him......

/ooc

Crayons were once the rulers of Lichtenstein.
Old 05-17-2006, 09:52 PM   #528
hoopsguy
General Manager

I heart dubb93.

FWIW, in the next game I run (think 2-3 back on the list now) I do plan to publish the rules prior to the start of play. It is likely to be a superset of the roles (only 6 roles, but I might list 10-15) with a twist or two, but it won't be a "blind" game with just a theme announced.

The "blind" games also don't let the wolves know what roles the villagers have. And when you have different/creative villager roles that does become a disadvantage that cuts both ways.

One last item: samurai beat the ninjas so it hasn't been entirely one-sided for the wolves
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:10 PM   #529
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

I was thinking about the WW game I'll be doing soon. I scripted it to be a game set in the world of Ravnica (which Magic players would know) with magic and ghosts and spells and whatnot. However, would Total Recall be a better choice, with the Martian Resistance, mutations and whatnot?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 11:14 PM   #530
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anxiety
I was thinking about the WW game I'll be doing soon. I scripted it to be a game set in the world of Ravnica (which Magic players would know) with magic and ghosts and spells and whatnot. However, would Total Recall be a better choice, with the Martian Resistance, mutations and whatnot?

-Anxiety

I really think that just about any setting could be used for a WW game. Except possibly animal husbandry.
Old 05-17-2006, 11:27 PM   #531
saldana
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by path12
I really think that just about any setting could be used for a WW game. Except possibly animal husbandry.

back to the ol' drawin' board
Old 05-18-2006, 12:40 AM   #532
path12
Coordinator

Quote:
back to the ol' drawin' board

"I don't care if he's a werewolf or not, I ain't puttin' MY arm up there!"
Old 05-18-2006, 12:57 AM   #533
Blade6119
Coordinator

Well, in case i die tonight...my trust list is dubb and lathum...

suspects are qwikshot, barkeep, and my current #1 anxiety
Demotivation
Old 05-18-2006, 01:53 AM   #534
mckerney
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ardent enthusiast
Still, I am a crazy person, and crazy people have crazy thoughts.

Crazy? I went crazy once.

I was never crazy. I justed hated the french. Nothing crazy about that.
mckerney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 02:09 AM   #535
kingfc22
Head Coach

Night has fallen on the asylum once again. Tonight the weather is rather calm and most of you get a good night’s rest. It is even easier to sleep knowing that you “got one” during the day.

The night does not go easy for one of you. Especially if your name is Lance Cornejo #132 (path). Yes it is path who is found dead in his room with his neck slashed. According to hoopsguy, the so-called genius, he believes that the weapon that was used to attack path is the same that was used to attack saldana the night before.

The group peers into his room and finds some steroids and some weights.

DAY 4 HAS BEGUN

Deadline is 9:00 PM EST

Last edited by kingfc22 : 05-18-2006 at 02:10 AM.
kingfc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:07 AM   #536
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Just got back from reading some Avengers comics before i went to bed. I wanted to post my quick circle of trust, because that seems like the thing to do:

Lathum - the only person I completely trust

Blade, Barkeep - Are they clean? I thought they were today, based on the possibility of killing saldana to throw off the scent, but that was a flawed premise. I still think Barkeep is clean. I also feel that Blade is probably clean too, although I suspect the best strategy for me is to attack Blade and talk about all of the wierd things he did, since he wants me dead, I honestly don't at this time, beleive Blade is a bad guy.

Qwikshot - I don;t blame Qwik fo rthe late vote tomorrow and I take him at his word tha the was on the phone. However, he's been really quiet. In the WWs I read before participaiting in some, I know several things: quiet does not always equal good, and quiet when you are normally loud does not always equal good.

Also quiet are Schmidity, Tyrith, and Tanglewood. I don't know enough about any of them to think they are acting differently.

Right now, my vote is probably Qwikshot, but I don't have enough info yet. I'll check back in tomorrow in teh late mornin and see what has developed then. Maybe I'll have a better handle on stuff.

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 03:31 AM   #537
Blade6119
Coordinator

Quote:
Just got back from reading some Avengers comics before i went to bed. I wanted to post my quick circle of trust, because that seems like the thing to do:

Lathum - the only person I completely trust

Blade, Barkeep - Are they clean? I thought they were today, based on the possibility of killing saldana to throw off the scent, but that was a flawed premise. I still think Barkeep is clean. I also feel that Blade is probably clean too, although I suspect the best strategy for me is to attack Blade and talk about all of the wierd things he did, since he wants me dead, I honestly don't at this time, beleive Blade is a bad guy.

Qwikshot - I don;t blame Qwik fo rthe late vote tomorrow and I take him at his word tha the was on the phone. However, he's been really quiet. In the WWs I read before participaiting in some, I know several things: quiet does not always equal good, and quiet when you are normally loud does not always equal good.

Also quiet are Schmidity, Tyrith, and Tanglewood. I don't know enough about any of them to think they are acting differently.

Right now, my vote is probably Qwikshot, but I don't have enough info yet. I'll check back in tomorrow in teh late mornin and see what has developed then. Maybe I'll have a better handle on stuff.

-Anxiety
qwikshot is always quiet...the only reason i see to vote for him is one of cronins last comments...shortly before he died he said he wanted to swap to qwikshot...since it would be 99.9% sure he was dying no matter what, i feel that comment may have been an attempt to un-link cronin from his partner.

As for you, i had a big long post with quotes done, but it got deleted when my comp froze...ill do a very brief recap of what it was supposed to say, but right now your my #1
Demotivation
Old 05-18-2006, 05:45 AM   #538
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Vote Anxiety

I can state this with supreme confidence that I see Anxiety as:

I stand my ground that I believe Blade to be just a patient.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:18 AM   #539
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Quote:

-Anxiety
Did someone mention an obsianus golem?
Old 05-18-2006, 07:20 AM   #540
Poli
FOFC Survivor

Crazy? I went crazy once.
Old 05-18-2006, 07:51 AM   #541
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Okay, I am the seer. My 'illness' is that I am paranoid and always carry a glass orb everywhere with me otherwise I freak out. Every night I look into this orb and see visions of other souls.

The reason I am coming out now is because I am 90% sure that I now have got two maniacs.

Night 1 viewed Barkeep - Came back "you only see a reflection of the darkness in your room". I assumed this meant I saw nothing and he was clean, hence my very strong defense of barkeep on the Day 2 vote. This also fit in with his claim of having a simple, non-skilled role.

Night 2 viewed Blade - Blade came back clean. He also has a special role of some kind becasue there is something he is very afraid of, but I can't tell what. I was also now in two minds regarding the Barkeep view, as this PM said how I saw deep into Blade's soul, in the Barkeep view I got nothing at all.

Night 3 viewed Schmidty - Came back darknes again, only this time the PM said how I was frustraed that I could not get a read and that "this had never happened before". That, combines with the mounting evidence against Barkeep anyway, recast in my mind the day 1 viewing as well, so I am now as sure as one can be that both Schmidty and Barkeep are bad guys.

I will be happy to answer any questions people have. I am not sure if we now have the last two maniacs remaining, as they could've started with 4 or posssibly converted on night 1, but I felt it was too risky to delay a day when I have this info.

Vote Barkeep
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 07:54 AM   #542
tanglewood
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Night 3 viewed Schmidty - Came back darknes again, only this time the PM said how I was frustraed that I could not get a read and that "this had never happened before". That, combines with the mounting evidence against Barkeep anyway, recast in my mind the day 1 viewing as well, so I am now as sure as one can be that both Schmidty and Barkeep are bad guys.

Just to clarify, this refers to having two no reads "never happening before".

Also to clarify, Blade's view explicity stated that he was not a maniac. the other views did not. Another reason that I am very sure they are maniacs.
tanglewood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:15 AM   #543
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Tangle: You are saying that there were 3 starting bad guys in this small of a field and further you managed to hit upon 2 of them in your first three nights? Perhaps there is an alternative explanation, dealing with the fact that, you know, you're crazy?
Old 05-18-2006, 08:57 AM   #544
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Looks like a fun game
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 08:58 AM   #545
stevew
Hall Of Famer

Dola, these threads are great for the post count.
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #546
SnDvls
Pro Starter

well if tanglewood is telling the truth he blew all my thinking out of the water as I was pretty sure both Barkeep and Blade were good and he's got one of them bad. I'm still very lost in all this.
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:08 AM   #547
SnDvls
Pro Starter

dola - hopefully lathum can provide some more info today
SnDvls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2006, 09:36 AM   #548
st.cronin
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevew
Dola, these threads are great for the post count.

true dat

knives out
Old 05-18-2006, 09:41 AM   #549
Barkeep49
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanglewood
Also to clarify, Blade's view explicity stated that he was not a maniac. the other views did not.
I missed this when I first responded. So my expressing that I was a normal villager was not enough, which I did in post 547? Fine.
"I am not a maniac."
"I am not the ruler of Spain."
"I am not a professional baseball player."
"I am not a prescription pill."
"I am not a Sagitarius"

I would be happy, upon request, to state anything else I am not. I AM just a vanilla villager.

Last edited by Barkeep49 : 05-18-2006 at 09:42 AM.
Old 05-18-2006, 10:07 AM   #550
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

I'm telling you Barkeep and Blade are clean. Anxiety is bad, and Tangle is bad too.

This is my moment of lucidity.
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote