Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 08-27-2010, 08:41 PM   #501
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Had one of my best games last night against #19 OU who came to Columbia to face the 5-1 Tigers. Their QB threw 3 picks and our backup QB had a great game as we managed a 41-31 win. No lead ever felt safe and the more I play NCAA, the more I can tell the gameplay has really improved.
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:01 PM   #502
Mike1409
High School Varsity

I blocked my first punt ever in my dynasty game today!! I don't know why the play was blown dead though.

Blocked Punt! | EA SPORTS

How do I get the video to show?

Last edited by Mike1409 : 08-28-2010 at 08:02 PM.
Mike1409 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:20 PM   #503
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike1409 View Post
I blocked my first punt ever in my dynasty game today!! I don't know why the play was blown dead though.

Blocked Punt! | EA SPORTS

How do I get the video to show?

Nice! To get the video to show you need to click on one of the icons in the lower right corner( sorry not sure which one I used to post my replay). You get a popup with different options one with code you can copy into this thread to view.

When was the play blown dead? Didn't the play count? I assumed it would have been after one of the players fell on the ball, correct? Did it end up a safety or a TD?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2010, 10:18 PM   #504
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

I just beat #12 Nebraska!!!

First play from scrimmage, they get a 78yd TD pass... I beat them 20-10 and they had 111 yards rushing.. this might be the best NCAA ever.

If you are a college football fan have an xbox 360 or a ps3 and do not have this game... you're missing out.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:19 PM   #505
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Yep, I am agree. This is the best football game to come out so far for next gen consoles.
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 06:41 AM   #506
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I've been messing around with the sliders because the team I'm playing is so poorly rated (New Mexico State, fresh off an 0-12, 120th ranked season) that the normal sliders make the game unplayable (too difficult). I probably have the user defense cranked up a bit too much, but I'm working on it.

Anyway, I just had an amazing game, and a first for me. I'm NMSU at Boise State (this is 2013 - I simmed 3 years and took over the worst team - so BSU is 3-1 but probably not as good as they were a year or 2 earlier in the game), and we have a scoreless game for 3 quarters. And only 1 INT for each team, no fumbles, so it was purely defense. My run game has been pretty good for the first 5 games of the season, but I couldn't do jack against BSU - 24 rushes, 17 yards (and only 1 sack, so those numbers are as bad as they look). So I ended up going to a lot of 5 WR sets and hitting short passes. Eventually I get to the goal line and punch it in on the 3rd try with about 6 minutes left. 7-0. I hold them, they punt, I get a few yards and punt them inside the 15 for the 4th time in the game, this time at the 2. I've got them...and then, 2nd play - 98 yard TD pass. 3 minutes left. FUCK!

And then they miss the EP!

I get it back, decide to fuck it and run the 5 WR set beccause I can't run the ball, and somehow run out the final 3 minutes. Great game, we win 7-6. Never had one scoreless for that long before.

A couple of questions:

1. If I get the tuning update loading when I start the game up, that's the latest tuning update and I should be good to go, right? I've noticed the superman DL/LB having a bigger impact than they should, and I thought that was toned down.

2. Fumbles - where are they? In 6 games, I think I've fumbled once and the opposition maybe 3 or 4 times, and I think they were all by QBs. I don't recall a single RB/WR fumble. Is anyone else noticing this? Any setting that will help make this a tad more realistic? Especially as poorly rated as my players are, they should be dropping the ball all over the field, I would think.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 09-01-2010 at 08:00 AM.
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:55 AM   #507
CleBrownsfan
Pro Rookie

Anybody want to buy NCAA 11 off me for $35 (I'll play for shipping)? I did use the online pass - if interested PM me.

EDIT: For the 360

dola EDIT: Sold

FOOL-X - Cleveland Naps
FOOL - Cleveland Cyclones
SLOP - Cuyahoga Spiders

Last edited by CleBrownsfan : 09-01-2010 at 11:09 AM.
CleBrownsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 08:54 AM   #508
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Yep, I am agree. This is the best football game to come out so far for next gen consoles.

Texas Tech is next for me and wow, do they have quite a passing offense.

I've already seen so many new animations/plays - the game just feels great on the field.
Old 09-01-2010, 09:54 AM   #509
whomario
Pro Starter

There´s a 3rd patch on the way btw, read it on the OS Front Page earlier today (which i can´t access right now ...)

Wonder what they´ll do, hope it´s only minor tweaks to gameplay (coverage mostly and cpu running backs not covering up the ball in open space) and some improvements to the CPUs recruiting and depth chart logic.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:52 AM   #510
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Any update on the Kicker issue?
Old 09-02-2010, 11:49 AM   #511
Balldog
Pro Rookie

In my Kentucky dynasty we dominated #15 Auburn in the first half with over 200 yards of offense but were unable to put it in the endzone but took a 12-0 lead into halftime. In the 2nd half they started to get an offense going, they cut they took the lead 13-12 then we added a field goal late in the 4th. Then they started driving again and this happened.

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyODM*NDU5Mjk*OTMmcHQ9MTI4MzQ*NTk*MDgxOSZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZvPTFjNWJkYzkyYzRhODQ3Y2I4NjNk/Zjc4YjAzZmJkMWJlJm9mPTA=.gif[/IMG]

EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Video

[IMG]http://counters.gigya.com/wildfire/IMP/CXNID=2000002.0NXC/bT*xJmx*PTEyODM*NDYxMjYxNjcmcHQ9MTI4MzQ*NjEzMjgzMCZwPTk1MDcxJmQ9Jmc9MSZvPTFjNWJkYzkyYzRhODQ3Y2I4NjNk/Zjc4YjAzZmJkMWJlJm9mPTA=.gif[/IMG]EA Sports: NCAA Football 11 Photo

Really liking this year's version!
Balldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 11:56 AM   #512
Sun Tzu
Pro Starter

Heartbreaker.
Old 09-03-2010, 07:34 PM   #513
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Here are the details on Patch # 3, should be available Sept 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS View Post
Title Update 3 (TU3)
  • The pump fake exploit was resolved. The entire defense will no longer rush the QB after a pump fake.
  • Resolved an issue with setting SS/ FS to QB Spy and then blitzing, virtually unblocked.
  • Increased the Overall rating for incoming freshman. This resulted in one and two star freshman coming in at a higher overall rating.
  • In Season Progression is back! Players once again have the ability to get a slight boost to their ratings during the season.
  • There was an issue with Hawaii's home schedule causing conflicts with particular teams. This has been resolved. In particular, teams in the Pac 10 and the WAC will now have the correct number of conference games.
  • Resolved an issue with the Rush Defense slider where they were only impacting defensive line special moves. They have been adjusted to also impact win/loss chances for blocking.
Live Tuning Pack 3 (LTP3)
  • Kick Power/Kick Accuracy progression for Kickers and Punters was adjusted to be in line with the new incoming freshmen. Kickers and punters will now progress in line with other players, but will start with a higher average overall due to the improved recruit ratings in the patch.
  • Increased Awareness progression for all positions.
  • Increased progression slightly for Elusiveness, Spin Move, and Juke Move for Wide Receivers.
  • Increased progression of the Tackle rating for Corner Backs to be in line with WR skill ratings (Juke, Spin, and Elusiveness).
  • Reduced the frequency of defenders successfully jumping the snap. Also adjusted how frequently they would jump early when the offense performed a fake snap.
  • Tuned Man Coverage so defenders will not jump in front of routes so early. They will still jump the route, but not as early, or frequently, as before.
  • Adjusted in season progression to be in line with higher rated incoming freshmen.
  • Tuned Incoming freshman to better match the spread on the default rosters.
  • Tuned team prestige progression to be in line with the changes to incoming freshmen.
Source - NCAA Football 11 Blog
Old 09-03-2010, 07:46 PM   #514
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

Yeah, really getting into my offline Dynasty for the first time in many years.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:09 PM   #515
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Is the kicker thing and all fixed now?
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 08:55 PM   #516
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyTorgo View Post
Is the kicker thing and all fixed now?

Looks like it will be, my main issue is the CPU Depth Charts now but there is speculation that the adjustments being made will fix that. We'll see, right now in my current offline dynasty Georgia has signed 5 MLBs...thought that kind of issue was addressed.
Old 09-04-2010, 03:19 AM   #517
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

wow, EA is really winning me over with all these updates and efforts to fix things. When did they get there head out of there ass?
Old 09-04-2010, 06:36 PM   #518
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

i'm close to picking this up...
Old 09-04-2010, 08:48 PM   #519
Groundhog
Coordinator

Quote:
i'm close to picking this up...

Me too... damn you all.
Old 09-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #520
ColtCrazy
College Starter

Since I now have Madden 11, I'm leaning to get this too. Basically have nothing invested in Madden....and I'm not sure it's that much better than 10, but if NCAA 11 is this good...it may sell me.

But I need to find out how the draft files do from NCAA to Madden. If those are decent, I'm in. Otherwise, I can hang on to 10 for a bit longer.
ColtCrazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 07:51 AM   #521
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

I'm really enjoying this game.

Question re recruiting - if I put someone on my board, throw some time at them, and they don't react one way or the other, does that mean they will never be interested? Or is it worth keeping them on the board in the off-chance they will eventually be interested?
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #522
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksyrup View Post
I'm really enjoying this game.

Question re recruiting - if I put someone on my board, throw some time at them, and they don't react one way or the other, does that mean they will never be interested? Or is it worth keeping them on the board in the off-chance they will eventually be interested?

Depends upon how much they are interested in other schools. If a school is way ahead and they are about equal in strength to mine or better, I drop the recruit. However, if it is a weaker school, I may keep pursuing as I've stolen a few recruits.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:04 PM   #523
Balldog
Pro Rookie

Of course I've found my sweet spot as far as sliders go and I'll have to do a reset tomorrow.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:58 PM   #524
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balldog View Post
Of course I've found my sweet spot as far as sliders go and I'll have to do a reset tomorrow.

Same here. Hopefully it will only take small tweaks to get back in the groove.
Old 09-07-2010, 12:33 PM   #525
Bigsmooth
College Prospect

The Patch isn't out yet? Figured it would be up pretty early.
Bigsmooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 12:52 PM   #526
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

ps3 patch and tuner are out. 360 is not but is supposed to be today sometime.

I have a ps3 and it took about 2 hours of trying to get a 26mb patch to d'load. I was pissed. Have it now and proceeded to my second season so my new draft class is post patch created.

The new class is more talented in their skills. Awareness still seems low with a cursory look (ie a c+ coming out of high school is still looking good). I'm thinking the fix is it progresses faster once they are in their college program.

Had to stop to eat before playing my first game. Bad thing is I'm highly rated Iowa playing a cupcake first game of the season to start out. Making something out of how things have changed may not be accurate unless said cupcake runs the ball down my throat
Old 09-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #527
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

dola

Here's what chaps my ass. They released the ps3 in the wee hours of the morning, first report on OS was 3:26 am central time. Why couldn't they release it Friday night before the weekend? Don't they always have someone on duty with the servers?

Maybe the 360 delayed it for everyone?
Old 09-11-2010, 03:03 PM   #528
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

So is this thing all fixed? development and all that sort of stuff? cuz i think one of my local gamestops had a pre-owned copy for like $47...

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-11-2010 at 03:04 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:40 PM   #529
FF
Mascot

Quote:
So is this thing all fixed? development and all that sort of stuff? cuz i think one of my local gamestops had a pre-owned copy for like $47...

keep in mind that ncaa requires a code to play online which has more than likely been used with used copy from gamestop
Old 09-11-2010, 03:44 PM   #530
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF View Post
keep in mind that ncaa requires a code to play online which has more than likely been used with used copy from gamestop

true. i'm not a big online player though. more solo dynasty-style play.
Old 09-11-2010, 03:55 PM   #531
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

Quote:
true. i'm not a big online player though. more solo dynasty-style play.

Also can't use team builder, or download teams, and I don't think you can even download rosters without the online pass? and what about patches as well? I'm unsure
Old 09-11-2010, 04:17 PM   #532
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0ruptr View Post
Also can't use team builder, or download teams, and I don't think you can even download rosters without the online pass? and what about patches as well? I'm unsure

I believer you can d'load rosters, and I know you can patches. The big one is you can't d'load the tuner file. Patched game without tuner is crap.
Old 09-11-2010, 05:20 PM   #533
Mota
College Benchwarmer

Basically with any of the EA games, used copies are complete rubbish. Whether you actually play online or not, so many features are disabled that you're basically getting 50% of the game.
Mota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 05:43 PM   #534
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh. well is it fixed anyways, so i should consider buying it new?

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2010, 06:24 PM   #535
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

it seems really really solid now with patch #3 and tuner #3, great fkn game
Old 09-11-2010, 06:26 PM   #536
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

sweet
Old 09-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #537
bhlloy
Coordinator

The most fun I'm having is with recruiting, really intuitive and well-done system that just makes sense. If you win or lose a guy, you'll know exactly why and you'll have chances to sway him along the way. Nothing more satisfying than going head to head with a team over a certain area, really working on it and winning out in the end.

The product on the field is pretty solid, and most of the obvious Madden/NCAA flaws either have been fixed or aren't as glaringly obvious. QB's do miss throws on a more regular basis without leading to INT's, I haven't seen too many cheat interceptions and the running game is a million times better.

Also you can purchase another online pass at anytime, I think it's around 800 Xbox live points. I bought mine from Clebrownsfan and the pass was already used, and the first thing the game did when I booted it up was ask if I wanted to use my points for a new one.

Last edited by bhlloy : 09-11-2010 at 06:52 PM.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:03 PM   #538
RainMaker
General Manager

These early weeks make me wish that they had the FCS schools in the game. Just to add authenticity and be able to schedule some local schools on a season-by-season basis. But I know it's a little much to ask for a feature to be added to the next-gen 5 or 6 versions in.
RainMaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 09:05 PM   #539
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Madden's starting to irritate me. There's so many audio-glitches in this damn game. I just did the "Extra Point" preview thing for the week and it was talking about Maroney leading the RAVENS rushing attack (despite the fact he's leading the Patriots rushing). And all the audio glitches on penalties.

Yes, they can be ignored, but it's just lazy that they're in there.

recruiting was always where i had the most fun in ncaa...you're weaking my resolve!!

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-11-2010 at 09:05 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 11:15 AM   #540
rowech
Pro Starter

Can someone give me an idea how online dynasty works? If I want to make it a private deal where I can just let people in that I know, can I do something like that? Can more than one person participate one one console? Are there preset amounts of time that different stages of the game take?

Any links to a primer of some sort?
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #541
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Can someone give me an idea how online dynasty works? If I want to make it a private deal where I can just let people in that I know, can I do something like that? Can more than one person participate one one console? Are there preset amounts of time that different stages of the game take?

Any links to a primer of some sort?

You invite in whoever you want if you are the commish. It can be just a few friends up to 12. Only 1 person per console I think, although if you had 2 Xbox ID's on 1 console, maybe that would work, but you wouldn't be able to play head-to-head for those 2 people. The commish decides on how much time each stage takes. A stage can take as long as the commish wants until he hits the advance stage button.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:14 PM   #542
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
You invite in whoever you want if you are the commish. It can be just a few friends up to 12. Only 1 person per console I think, although if you had 2 Xbox ID's on 1 console, maybe that would work, but you wouldn't be able to play head-to-head for those 2 people. The commish decides on how much time each stage takes. A stage can take as long as the commish wants until he hits the advance stage button.

1. Do all teams have to be in the same conference?

2. What my brothers and I were thinking was that I would create it and then they join. The issue is that only one of them has a PS3. The other doesn't so we were wondering if he could still use my brother's console to do all of his recruiting/playing. Doesn't sound like it.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #543
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

1. No, you can have teams in any conference. Obviously, being in one conference allows for more Human vs Human games though.

2. I think that would cause you problems.
Old 09-12-2010, 12:30 PM   #544
FF
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
1. Do all teams have to be in the same conference?

2. What my brothers and I were thinking was that I would create it and then they join. The issue is that only one of them has a PS3. The other doesn't so we were wondering if he could still use my brother's console to do all of his recruiting/playing. Doesn't sound like it.

I think #2 is possible, honestly. and the game allows for head-to-head offline play for online dynasty i believe
Old 09-12-2010, 07:19 PM   #545
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

Couple questions - yes I just took the plunge after finding it on-sale for $47 new.

1) Is there a way when I'm calling positional audibles (say hot routes or linebacker coverage) to have what the options are pop up on the screen, or am i just expected to memorize it?

2) I presume that there's somebody somewhere who's done the work of real-names conversion for the existing rosters in the game? If so, how do I load that in?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:08 PM   #546
bhlloy
Coordinator

DT - if you are on 360 just search by user and then enter "FAIRDALE KINGS"... unless somebody knows of a better roster out there.

I'd also like to know the answer to #1, it's annoying the hell out of me.
bhlloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:11 PM   #547
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

I'm on a PS3 bhlloy - but I see that seems to be how it's done. If anybody on a PS3 has a roster suggestion, let me know?
Old 09-12-2010, 08:51 PM   #548
nZane
n00b

Quote:
Couple questions - yes I just took the plunge after finding it on-sale for $47 new.

1) Is there a way when I'm calling positional audibles (say hot routes or linebacker coverage) to have what the options are pop up on the screen, or am i just expected to memorize it?
Are you pressing R3 before calling the audible? R3 brings up the little overlay that shows you what the various audible types are (play, coverage, etc). From there, it will show you what each individual button-press does. I'd guess it's similar on the 360.

Quote:
2) I presume that there's somebody somewhere who's done the work of real-names conversion for the existing rosters in the game? If so, how do I load that in?
luvtotha9s

I can't vouch for any ratings changes that may have been done, but the names and most everything seems pretty good. Seem pretty highly regarded on OS as well.
nZane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 09:01 PM   #549
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

R3 - nice - thanks nzane.

yeah - i see luvtotha9's seems to be the choice for rosters, and playmakers for a starting slider set (although of course i'll have to spend a week or so getting those tweaked to my custom ability level)

thanks man!

will try this all after entourage season finale

Last edited by DaddyTorgo : 09-12-2010 at 09:01 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 02:52 AM   #550
whomario
Pro Starter

I personally went away from playmakers sliders as they (in combination with playing the game on slow) seemed to artificial for me, kind of like the result is more important than the way leading to it.
The CPU getting more rushing yards is fine, but please not by breaking a million tackles.

I am now playing on all american and fast with adjustments mainly to run blocking (up to 65 for both), RB ability (up to 65 for both again) and QB accuracy (down for both, have settled at 30 for now) while rush defense goes down to 35 with everything else near default. (excluding kicking and punting, their i adjust acording to the other teams rating there)

Having tons of fun playing that way.
“The only people for me are the mad ones, the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn, like fabulous yellow roman candles exploding like spiders across the stars and in the middle you see the blue centerlight pop and everybody goes "Awww!”

Last edited by whomario : 09-13-2010 at 02:55 AM.
whomario is offline   Reply With Quote