Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 12-17-2009, 10:00 AM   #501
MikeVic
Head Coach

Would you guys start Bowe (coming back from suspension and their coach says he's kept his conditioning up) over Crabtree or Rice? I also have Manningham on the bench.
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #502
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
Would you guys start Bowe (coming back from suspension and their coach says he's kept his conditioning up) over Crabtree or Rice? I also have Manningham on the bench.

No. I never start guys coming off more than a week of missed time when you have guys that have been performing.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:35 AM   #503
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang View Post
No. I never start guys coming off more than a week of missed time when you have guys that have been performing.

Crabtree at Philly? bad idea.

Rice may be a better option in Carolina, especially since Harvin may be a no-go again.

Bowe may be rusty but it's against Cleveland right?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Qwikshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #504
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

So big game this week to get me into the money...

His team:
Manning, Peyton IND QB
Charles, Jamaal KCC RB
Jones-Drew, Maurice JAC RB
Holmes, Santonio PIT WR
Sims-Walker, Mike JAC WR
Smith, Steve CAR WR
Olsen, Greg CHI TE
Prater, Matt DEN PK
Broncos, Denver DEN Def

My team:
Schaub, Matt HOU QB
Gore, Frank SFO RB
Johnson, Chris TEN RB
Williams, Carnell TBB RB
Henderson, Devery NOS WR
White, Roddy ATL WR
Gates, Antonio SDC TE
Tynes, Lawrence NYG PK
Saints, New Orleans NOS Def

I'm weak at receiver but I have a lot of options with this team...
Other QB is Favre
Other RB is Jason Snelling
WRs- Lee Evans, Steve Breaston, Johnnie Knox, Eddie Royal, Mike Wallace
Backup D - Steelers

I think I have the best lineup but can watch to see who is inactive on Sunday and make some changes, any advice- anyone think I should make some changes in my lineup?
Doug5984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 10:41 AM   #505
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Dola to add- Fantasy Sharks says I go with Snelling over Williams
and Breaston & Knox as my 2 WRs
Old 12-17-2009, 10:44 AM   #506
Doug5984
College Benchwarmer

Double dola- there are some quality guys on the FA wire...
Crayton, Bowe, Cribbs, Jenkins, Louis Murphy, Devin Thomas, Malcolm Floyd...

Not sure what I'll end up doing as they all seem to have about the same risk / reward
Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 AM   #507
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwikshot View Post
Crabtree at Philly? bad idea.

Rice may be a better option in Carolina, especially since Harvin may be a no-go again.

Bowe may be rusty but it's against Cleveland right?

That's exactly what I was thinking. Rice is a start, and who between Bowe/Crabtree? If Bowe wasn't playing a bad team, I wouldn't consider him... but now, I'm not sure.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:28 AM   #508
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Hey guys, point per reception:

Mendenall vs. Green Bay or Forsett vs. Tampa Bay?
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:37 AM   #509
cmp
Pro Rookie

Need some help with a few decisions. Big playoff game this week.

First off, I have Rodgers and Schaub at QB. I've been starting Rodgers all year, should I stick with him or go with Schaub this week against the Rams.

And then for my RB/WR flex spot. I have very weak depth at RB after my top two, S. Jackson and Moreno, so I am going to start a WR at the flex spot. I am loaded at WR and am having a hard time figuring out what to do. I have 5 options. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Brandon Marshall, Vincent Jackson, and DeSean Jackson. Which three do I start?

Last edited by cmp : 12-17-2009 at 11:38 AM.
cmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 11:43 AM   #510
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurdueBrad View Post
Hey guys, point per reception:

Mendenall vs. Green Bay or Forsett vs. Tampa Bay?

Forsett. Mendenall taking over 3rd down back duties should help, but who knows how much. Plus, Forsett has a better matchup.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Old 12-17-2009, 11:44 AM   #511
claphamsa
Grizzled Veteran

im gonna start chris henry in all my leagues!

GIT R DUN!!!
claphamsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:39 PM   #512
AlexB
Pro Starter

Joseph Addai (v. JAX) or Laurence Maroney (V. BUF) or Ryan Grant (v. PIT) to play alongside Chris Johnson. Points for receptions & 1st downs.

Last edited by AlexB : 12-17-2009 at 01:40 PM.
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 01:47 PM   #513
PurdueBrad
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jari Rantanen's Shorts View Post
Joseph Addai (v. JAX) or Laurence Maroney (V. BUF) or Ryan Grant (v. PIT) to play alongside Chris Johnson. Points for receptions & 1st downs.

Definitely start Johnson.

A lot of predictions are saying Maroney since Buffalo has a good pass D but the Pats are so damn unpredictable with when they do or don't run and who does or doesn't get it that I would go for something steady like Joseph Addai tonight vs. Jacksonville. He's been a very steady performer all year.
PurdueBrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #514
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Need some advice:

RB:
Knowshon Moreno (v. Oak) (possible injury?) or Steven Jackson (v. Hou) (possible injury?)

QB:
Favre (v. Car) or McNabb (v. SF)
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:31 PM   #515
MikeVic
Head Coach

Would you pick up Garcon and start him with Rice (instead of Crabtree or Bowe)?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:32 PM   #516
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Need some advice:

RB:
Knowshon Moreno (v. Oak) (possible injury?) or Steven Jackson (v. Hou) (possible injury?)

QB:

I think Moreno has a greater chance for TDs, so if it's a TD-heavy league I'd pick him. And I'd go with Favre still there.
Old 12-17-2009, 06:26 PM   #517
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by claphamsa View Post
im gonna start chris henry in all my leagues!

I wouldn't. Yahoo has him listed in the "avoid pickup" category.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:15 PM   #518
stevew
Hall Of Famer

LoL
stevew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 08:08 PM   #519
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

Ryan Grant @Pittsburgh
Pierre Thomas vs Dallas
Ryan Moats @St. Louis
Brandon Jacobs @Washington
Marshawn Lynch vs New England

I can start two. I'm leaning towards Grant and Thomas, but Jacobs looks tempting off the bench.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:01 AM   #520
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samdari View Post
I know what you're saying about Grant, but clearcut #1 RBs are becoming more rare every year. Grant is that, and it seems there are no thoughts in Green Bay to change that. As much as he's up and down, he's the most consistent back on your team.

Thomas is less so, with Bush (rightly) the primary recieving back, Thomas already gets no receiving yards, but with both healthy, also shares the rushing load with Bell.
I just hate Grant because it seems like every game I focus on him (which usually means SNF or MNF) he seems to end up with 22 yards on 14 carries or something. He's clearly getting points somewhere, it just never seems to be when I'm paying attention.
Quote:
How do the keepers work? Does it cost draft picks? Is there any benefit to not keeping them? If you don't keep either of those guys and in the end you end up getting a few picks before everyone else, because everyone spent their 1st through 4th rounds on keepers, I wouldn't keep either then. If you don't get any benefit, then I'd keep them.
No benefit/early draft picks. 4 keepers from everyone then worst team picks 1st (unless a trade has occurred). I'll see if I can package something in the offseason - I was offering 2 of the 3 and/or some of my WR depth to try and get an elite RB (Johnson, Peterson, Rice, etc) but didn't want to overpay when I had the chance to win this year. At least I don't have to decide on keepers until near the draft, so I can see if Thomas/Addai are still in line to be a feature back. (Part of the reason why I'm overthinking the decision is that I kept Addai/Grant last year over Desean Jackson.)
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #521
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Well, playoff quandary has arisen:

12 team league, every team has 2 QB, you play 1.

I have Flacco and Ryan right now. Ryan is out for Sunday and Flacco is potentially playing a ton of snow, although I tend to think snow is somewhat overrated in regards to passing. That said, Ravens are a run first team and Baltimore WR's are fairly banged up.

The problem is the FA pool is fairly shallow, with the most attractive guys left being Vince Young, Chad Henne, Mark Sanchez, Matt Moore and Brady Quinn.

I might just stick with Flacco because I am leery of VY's hamstring but he has the most potential. I already have Chris Johnson but I don't relly care about that.

So what should I go with?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:14 AM   #522
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

I dont mind Matt Moore against the Vikings. Its so tough to run on them so they will be forced to pass more than usual. Also Steve Smith is a type of WR that can give them problems.
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 09:23 AM   #523
jbergey22
Grizzled Veteran

PPR league

Forte @ Balt
Forsett TB
Ganther NYG
Bradshaw @ Wash
Chris Brown @ St Louis

need 2 or 3 depending on what I use for my flex
WRs are
Jennings @ Balt
Houshmandzadeh TB
Ward GB
Crotchery Atl
Harvin @ Car
Bowe Cle
start 3 WRs and possibly 1 more depending on what I use for a flex

Rodgers/Favre are my QBs(6 per passing TD league) start 2.

My RB's and WRs are a mess and have bad matchups. Out of that group anyone have a solid play?
jbergey22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #524
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Finley or Celek at TE?
"General Woundwort's body was never found. It could be that he still lives his fierce life somewhere else, but from that day on, mother rabbits would tell their kittens that if they did not do as they were told, the General would get them. Such was Woundwort's monument, and perhaps it would not have displeased him." Watership Down, Richard Adams
Old 12-20-2009, 09:21 PM   #525
henry296
College Starter

I need somewhere to vent and this is the best place. All year long I've been torn between starting McNabb or Roethlisberger and I swear more often than not I picked the wrong one. Well today, or course, I start McNab and I'm going to lose my semi-final game afer have the #1 seed and most points in the regular season. Now I wasn't helped by none of my WR / RB / TE getting in the end zone. The worst part, is I'm a Steelers fan and didn't trust the QB of my favorite team.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:51 AM   #526
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry296 View Post
I need somewhere to vent and this is the best place. All year long I've been torn between starting McNabb or Roethlisberger and I swear more often than not I picked the wrong one. Well today, or course, I start McNab and I'm going to lose my semi-final game afer have the #1 seed and most points in the regular season. Now I wasn't helped by none of my WR / RB / TE getting in the end zone. The worst part, is I'm a Steelers fan and didn't trust the QB of my favorite team.

Well, the thing is, you pick your QB and stick with it. I ran with Schaub all season, and I got Alex Smith sitting against Detroit in what could be the title game (see below). You cannot second guess on this.

Now I only have the Giants kicker and 9 points standing in my way from the championship, the top seeded team is also just 9 points away from the title match (the #4 seed has Brandon Jacobs tonight), so it makes for a very exciting Monday night in which both top ranked teams could be upset. Even bigger, if both teams tie, the underdogs lead in the tiebreakers (most TDs for the week).

Needless to say, I wish it wasn't as exciting, I'd rather be done and going forward. (btw-hindsight 20/20 shouldn't have dropped Harrison last week).

My only saving grace is that should the season end for me, I start next season with Chris Johnson, Ray Rice and Matt Schaub, which isn't too bad.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:00 AM   #527
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Championship Game.. need some serious help.

A. Smith v Detroit or Schaub v Miami (guy I'm playing has A. Johnson if that matters)

RB.. which I have an issue with. I have J. Charles and then I need 1 of the following. D' Williams, J. Addai, J. Forsett, M. Turner OR I dig into the waiver wire and pull out Harrison v. Oakland.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:06 AM   #528
Honolulu_Blue
Hockey Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honolulu_Blue View Post
Need some advice:

RB:

QB:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
I think Moreno has a greater chance for TDs, so if it's a TD-heavy league I'd pick him. And I'd go with Favre still there.

Well, sadly the decision to go with Moreno over Jackson cost me the win. I ended up going with McNabb, which was the wiser choice.

This is a teachable moment. It teaches us to: "Never listen to MikeVic when it comes to fantasy football."
Steve Yzerman: 1,755 points in 1,514 regular season games. 185 points in 196 postseason games. A First-Team All-Star, Conn Smythe Trophy winner, Selke Trophy winner, Masterton Trophy winner, member of the Hockey Hall of Fame, Olympic gold medallist, and a three-time Stanley Cup Champion. Longest serving captain of one team in the history of the NHL (19 seasons).
Honolulu_Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:10 AM   #529
Qwikshot
Pro Starter

Lost the tiebraker, done competitively for the season.

Last edited by Qwikshot : 12-22-2009 at 10:10 AM.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:12 AM   #530
rowech
Pro Starter

Well...somehow I got into my championship game. Need to decide whether to start Mendenhall versus the Ravens or pickup:

Harrison (CLE) home against Oakland
Wells (ARI) home against St. Louis

The person I play against will have first dibs so I need to know how you would rank all three of those guys.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:14 AM   #531
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
Well...somehow I got into my championship game. Need to decide whether to start Mendenhall versus the Ravens or pickup:

Harrison (CLE) home against Oakland
Wells (ARI) home against St. Louis

The person I play against will have first dibs so I need to know how you would rank all three of those guys.

1. Harrison (he has had 2 out of 3 decent weeks and Oakland's run D is pretty bad)

2. Wells

3. Mendenhall
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 AM   #532
DanGarion
Coordinator

I won with 5+ points from Lawrence Tynes last night! One win away from a perfect undefeated season and the championship in my keeper league!

As of now this is how my team stands after limping into the playoffs.

QB Drew Brees
WR Vincent Jackson
WR Roddy White
WR Mike Sims-Walker
RB Chris Johnson
RB Justin Forsett
TE Vernon Davis
BN Kevin Smith
BN Ronnie Brown
BN Mike Wallace
BN Matthew Stafford
BN Kenny Britt
BN Jerious Norwood
BN Maurice Morris
K Lawrence Tynes
DEF Baltimore
DanGarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 10:27 AM   #533
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

I wouldn't start Forsett this week vs Green Bay
Old 12-22-2009, 10:33 AM   #534
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
I wouldn't start Forsett this week vs Green Bay
I wouldn't start him normally unless I had to, but he's a better play than Brown and Smith...
Old 12-22-2009, 10:45 AM   #535
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGarion View Post
I wouldn't start him normally unless I had to, but he's a better play than Brown and Smith...

You have Morris too on the bench.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 AM   #536
DanGarion
Coordinator

Quote:
You have Morris too on the bench.

I know, I actually just picked him up this morning...
Old 12-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #537
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Dallas Clark or Fred Davis? How long does Clark go?

No thought to benching Benson or Peterson for Harrison vs. OAK, right?

Mason @PIT or White vs. BUF?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:01 PM   #538
Travis
Pro Rookie

Peyton or Matt Ryan? I'm certainly leaning towards Peyton even if he only plays a half, but is there any chance he'll be a series and done?
Old 12-22-2009, 02:31 PM   #539
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronnie Dobbs2 View Post
No thought to benching Benson or Peterson for Harrison vs. OAK, right?

There are going to be alot of people looking like geniuses for starting Harrison this week or complete idiots. Guess I'll find out what I call myself in a few days.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:42 PM   #540
Ronnie Dobbs2
Pro Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis View Post
Peyton or Matt Ryan? I'm certainly leaning towards Peyton even if he only plays a half, but is there any chance he'll be a series and done?

Line yesterday was IND -7. Today IND -5.5. Read into that what Vegas thinks.
Old 12-22-2009, 02:52 PM   #541
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
There are going to be alot of people looking like geniuses for starting Harrison this week or complete idiots. Guess I'll find out what I call myself in a few days.

It just feels like he's the bandwagon pick after last week. I know he had done decently before that but I worry that people are going ga-ga over this guy and that typically doesn't end well for fantasy purposes. I'm going to pick either him or Wells up depending on which one might slide to me but there's a strong part of me that says to go with Mendenhall because he's simply part of what got me this far anyway. IN the past, I've micromanaged some of my teams to the point of exhaustion. Can't help but wonder if I should let it be.
Old 12-25-2009, 03:45 PM   #542
k0ruptr
Pro Starter

First time I've needed a bit of help this season. I need weather advice. I've got David Garrard @ the pats (snow?) Jason Campbell at home in DC (snow?) and Matt Moore at the NY Giants (snow? lol) I have no idea what or who to start.

please help.

ps. normally I'd go with Campbell as he has had the better season, and Garrard is absolutely dreadful on the road, in fact Im 90% sure he hasn't thrown a single td on the road this season. but I really don't have any idea what to do.
Old 12-25-2009, 11:29 PM   #543
Solecismic
Solecismic Software

Somehow, I made it to the third seed. One of those rare leagues that still begins playoffs in week 16.

Twelve teams, QRRWWWTKD. I've been starting seven waiver players, truly horrible draft. I haven't yet released Forte, that's how bad I drafted.

So, I picked up Alex Smith and Jason Snelling off of waivers to start this week, because Favre and Palmer aren't playing all that well lately and Smith is at home against Detroit. I had also ridden Forsett as far as he's going to get ridden. Thinking about picking up Hakeem Nicks to start over Crabtree, just to hedge bets a little.

I think my only chance is if my opponent doesn't notice DeAngelo Williams is badly dinged, and reinserts Benson.

Anyway, my options:

QB: Alex Smith (DET), Favre (CHI) or Palmer (KCY)?
RB: Forte (MIN) or Snelling (BUF)? Rice (PIT) is starting.
WR: Roy Williams (WAS), Crabtree (DET) or Nicks (CAR)? Austin (WAS) and Jennings (SEA) are starting.
D: PIT (BAL), SFO (DET) or CLE (OAK)?

Last edited by Solecismic : 12-25-2009 at 11:30 PM.
Solecismic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 11:51 PM   #544
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Smith, Snelling and Crabtree. SFO D.

Hate to go SF heavy but Crabtree is going to do damage vs the Lions secondary sadly. You'll double up with Smith for a ton of points.

Snelling is a must start at RB. Buffalo is awful vs the run, and Snelling is the Falcons only healthy RB.

On D, the Niners face Drew Stanton, Maurice Morris and Calvin Johnson. Johnson is good but he's been ineffective because of awful QB play, and I don't see it stopping this week.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:05 AM   #545
Thomkal
Head Coach

<----smacks Vincent Jackson after seeing he somehow didn't score a TD(s) for me in a 42-17 rout. Needed a great game out of him if I'm going to beat my brother I think in the "Super Bowl"
Thomkal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 11:07 AM   #546
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I need to pick a TE this week in a PPR league:

Dallas Clark or Jermichael Finley.

Obviously Clark would get the nod every week but considering that how long Clark plays is in question and Finley has been on fire I am leaning towards Finley.

Thoughts?
Old 12-26-2009, 02:27 PM   #547
Vince, Pt. II
Pro Starter

So I've been strongly resisting the urge to sit Peyton for my championship game, but I'm starting to get cold feet...I don't have very good backup options though.

Orton @Philly
Garrard vs NE
Cassel @ Cinci

I think I have to stick with Peyton.
Vince, Pt. II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009, 02:35 PM   #548
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince, Pt. II View Post
So I've been strongly resisting the urge to sit Peyton for my championship game, but I'm starting to get cold feet...I don't have very good backup options though.

Orton @Philly
Garrard vs NE
Cassel @ Cinci

I think I have to stick with Peyton.

Peyton could score in a half what any of those other guys score in the whole game.
Old 12-26-2009, 03:31 PM   #549
MikeVic
Head Coach

Reggie Wayne or Sidney Rice? I think this week it's finally time to sit Wayne?
Old 12-27-2009, 10:01 AM   #550
B & B
College Benchwarmer

Location: A sports era long ago when everything didnt require a Nike logo
Both bad choices. Wayne b/c of matchup and PT, Rice b/c of the weather and possible run heavy scheme. Tough.

2 questions.

Championship game PPR league
Ive had serious hardship at RB with injuries/platoon/etc. Shouldnt be here, going against the best team in the league and have little to no chance. Would really just like to put my highest scoring team out there and pray to the FF gods.

Start 2 of these 4.'
Fred Jackson vs ATL
Jason Snelling vs BUF
Felix Jones vs WSH
Michael Bush vs CLE

Pick 1 WR, again pt per recep.
Donnie Avery vs ARI
Santana Moss vs DAL
James Jones vs SEA
Michael Jenkins vs BUF