Front Office Football Central  

Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Archives > FOFC Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #501
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Has it even been established that this PAT bug is a frequent thing, or is it still just one guy over on OS who's seeing it "all the time"?

Exactly. ODogg over there has put huge amounts of time into the game already and he hasn't posted about seeing it at all. Until I see more than 1 poster talk about it or until I see it with my own eyes tomorrow, I'm not worried.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #502
rowech
Pro Starter

I think I count 4 guys who mention it. One who says it's happened a lot, two of the others mention it in the demo, and one other guy in the real version. The other guy who mentions it in the real version does only have one post at the forums. Maybe it isn't as bad as it might seem.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:07 PM   #503
CraigSca
Pro Starter

Well, it was copy/pasted by jbmagic. What more do you want?
how do you know?

Last edited by CraigSca : 07-16-2007 at 03:08 PM.
CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:26 PM   #504
MJ4H
Coordinator

Could you guys please make sure and start lots of dynasties using the uploading replays feature? It will be the only way I get to enjoy this game. I'm a Wii only guy now (and I'm not buying a watered down version of the game for my old PS2. I just refuse on principle). I demand immediate dynasties. Thanks in advance.
MJ4H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:34 PM   #505
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattJones4Heisman View Post
Could you guys please make sure and start lots of dynasties using the uploading replays feature? It will be the only way I get to enjoy this game. I'm a Wii only guy now (and I'm not buying a watered down version of the game for my old PS2. I just refuse on principle). I demand immediate dynasties. Thanks in advance.
Someone needs to do it. I might. I remember I started on one a couple of years ago, and it was a pain in the ass to record/edit/encode/upload the video. It looks like that's a thing of the past now.
Old 07-16-2007, 03:43 PM   #506
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
A couple of questions on the uploading of videos. First, are you locked in to only uploading to EA/Xbox Live? If not, is the limit of five videos applicable across all sites?
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 03:48 PM   #507
Phototropic
Mascot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post
I think I count 4 guys who mention it. One who says it's happened a lot, two of the others mention it in the demo, and one other guy in the real version. The other guy who mentions it in the real version does only have one post at the forums. Maybe it isn't as bad as it might seem.
I was one of the demo guys. I'm not going to worry too much until we all get the game, but from the sound of it your holder gets up and changes position before the snap. If that's always true we can at least take a delay of game or something.

Last edited by Phototropic : 07-16-2007 at 03:49 PM.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:06 PM   #508
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
A couple of questions on the uploading of videos. First, are you locked in to only uploading to EA/Xbox Live?

I would imagine that you are. But as someone said, once you upload it to EA's site, you (and everyone else) can download it as a .FLV file. What I plan on doing is uploading 5 videos per game, downloading them and then reuploading them to a site and linking them that way in my dynasty. I already tried YouTube, but they don't recognize the .FLV file format for uploads (which is weird since the videos you see while watching YouTube are .FLV)
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:45 PM   #509
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I would imagine that you are. But as someone said, once you upload it to EA's site, you (and everyone else) can download it as a .FLV file. What I plan on doing is uploading 5 videos per game, downloading them and then reuploading them to a site and linking them that way in my dynasty. I already tried YouTube, but they don't recognize the .FLV file format for uploads (which is weird since the videos you see while watching YouTube are .FLV)

Ah, that should work. I didn't know how EA stored the vids.

As for YouTube, most of their stuff is being re-encoded, so it won't be flash dependent. I'm pretty sure that the native FLV format can't be encoded in H.264, which is the new codec that YouTube (at the prodding of Apple) is moving to.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:50 PM   #510
Ironhead
College Prospect

Quote:

Try the following website:

hxxp://www.brightcove.com/

That is what I plan to use.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #511
DeToxRox
Head Coach

I haven't kept up with every page so I am curious again, how does one get the videos from the game?
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 05:51 PM   #512
MJ4H
Coordinator

Whatever whatever where are the dynasties lets go.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #513
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironhead View Post
Try the following website:

hxxp://www.brightcove.com/

That is what I plan to use.

Testing...

Old 07-16-2007, 06:10 PM   #514
sabotai
General Manager

sweet....
Old 07-16-2007, 06:17 PM   #515
sabotai
General Manager

Question, do you have to wait until you are done playing a game before you upload a video or can you upload while you are in the middle of a game?
Old 07-16-2007, 06:28 PM   #516
MJ4H
Coordinator

I think I'm more excited about this than you guys are and I'm not even going to play it.
Old 07-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #517
jbmagic
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowech View Post

ODogg over there has put huge amounts of time into the retail game already and has seen only a very few deep passes.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #518
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic View Post
ODogg over there has put huge amounts of time into the retail game already and has seen only a very few deep passes.

Actually, if you read his posts, he says there are few deep passes if you play a lot of cover 2 or 3 deep zone. He says there is more when you play bump and run or M2M. The computer passes well in the short and intermediate game which allows them to move the ball well. Shrug. Only about 22 hours til I'll be home and seeing these things for myself
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:01 PM   #519
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:

Good. Teams don't throw 30+ yard bombs in real life nearly as many times as they have in NCAA and Madden (and not nearly as many times as a lot of people seem to think they do). In playing the demo, the AI team hasn't gone really deep on me except when they catch me single covering the WR going deep, just like in real football. That's a positive, not a negative.

Last edited by sabotai : 07-16-2007 at 07:01 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 07:08 PM   #520
jbmagic
Pro Starter

I getting the game tomorrow at Circuit City after work. That $10 gift card you get is pretty cool deal with it.

Overall the game looks impressive. Some flaws but not as many like last season first impressions. The positive posts out does the negative by a wide margin so far.
jbmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:20 PM   #521
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eaglesfan27 View Post
Hilarious. I'm reading the NCAA impressions thread over at OS, and I see this post from jbmagic. It is word for word exactly the same post that I put in a questions thread in Madden's Community Day on their forum:

07-13-2007, 01:31 AM #662
jbmagic
Rookie

Re: *OFFICIAL* NCAA Impressions/Questions Thread

Is there still too many DE's taken in the 1st round?

Will teams draft more intelligently and consider their own rosters (For example will a team with a young potential star QB still take a QB in the first round or two?)

Quote:
yep

I didn't see it get answer where you posted it at, so I posted that great question in the NCAA Impressions Forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouRah View Post
The cut and paste master!

cpmagic?
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:26 PM   #522
Logan
Head Coach

Just played a great online game, as Rutgers vs Miami. Unfortunately I lost, 45-42, after getting out to a quick 21-0 lead. I just couldn't keep up with them in pass coverage, and their pass rush was too much for my OL (COMPLETELY unrealistic -- we're still getting screwed by EA ).

Let me ask you guys something...was this Weather Channel Online Feed thing that's used to choose the weather in last year's game? Very cool.

Last edited by Logan : 07-16-2007 at 07:27 PM.
Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:33 PM   #523
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

has anyone used supersim yet? it sounds like its running 10 plays in 30 seconds. I hope not I dont want to sim a 4th quarter blowout and have 120 plays run.

edit this may be just campus legend mode

Last edited by ageofquarrel : 07-16-2007 at 07:34 PM.
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 07:47 PM   #524
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Let me ask you guys something...was this Weather Channel Online Feed thing that's used to choose the weather in last year's game? Very cool.

Nope, that's a new feature. I can't wait for hurricane season to try and play a game in an actual hurricane!
Old 07-16-2007, 08:04 PM   #525
Ironhead
College Prospect

Anyone have any suggestions for a fun build 'em up college to do a dynasty with? I would like to start with someone who isn't in a major conference but could realistically move into one at some point.
Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 08:05 PM   #526
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel View Post
has anyone used supersim yet? it sounds like its running 10 plays in 30 seconds. I hope not I dont want to sim a 4th quarter blowout and have 120 plays run.

I'll test it out in a real game soon and get back to you.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:07 PM   #527
Logan
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartman View Post
Nope, that's a new feature. I can't wait for hurricane season to try and play a game in an actual hurricane!

"No, Mr. FEMA guy...I'm not evacuating. I've been waiting MONTHS for this!"
Old 07-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #528
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ageofquarrel View Post

That sounds like the superstar mode in last year's Madden. You'd think that the clock would run a little more realistically in the sim, but I guess not. I'm going to try the campus legend mode when I get back home after midnight, and I'll see how that works out.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #529
cartman
Death Herald

Quote:
Testing...

Dat boy run so good...

He might turn SkyDog into a 'faggoty joystick jockey'!

Old 07-16-2007, 08:25 PM   #530
Logan
Head Coach

Okay, I was playing Cal, was down 14 with just over 4 minutes left in the 4th, and threw a pick so figured that was a good time to give the supersim a shot for you.

Cal took over possession, up 28-14 with 4:13 remaining. Two rushes for short losses, a 31 yard completion, and a 5 yard rushing TD. Extra point good at 3:40.

Kick return took 12 seconds off the clock to 3:28. Dropped pass, 20 yard completion, incomplete pass, pass thrown away, 27 yard completion, incomplete, intercepted. Call takes the ball over at 2:36.

Short rushing loss, short rushing loss, defensive penalty, short rushing loss, punt (timeouts used on this drive?). Rutgers ball at 2:07.

4 yard rush (by a non-scrambling QB so that was probably with a lot of pressure), short completion, 12 yard completion, incomplete pass, dropped pass, 16 yard completion, 28 yard completion, dropped pass, 14 yard TD catch. Extra point good at 1:02. Cal 35-21.

Onside kick recovered by Cal at 0:56. 12 yard run, 6 yard run, 5 yard run, 4 yard run, 7 yard run, fumble - recovered by Rutgers at 0:09.

Incomplete pass, 2 yard QB scramble. Game over.

First glance...everything looks fine with the number of plays run. I guess you can question the constant running by Cal on the last possession, when taking a knee would have ended it sooner.

Last edited by Logan : 07-16-2007 at 08:26 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:30 PM   #531
Logan
Head Coach

Messing around with the uploading highlights feature. Saved my first highlight during the above-mentioned Cal game. I also snapped some pics of one of my LBs separating a guy from the ball in mid-air. One thing I noticed, as I hit the main menu (oh, sabotai...you can only upload things from the main menu...not in the game) and am in my "shrine," my one video highlight is playing on the screen in the background, and my pics are being cycled on screens to the side of the video like a slideshow. Very cool.

Okay, a message for all you defenders out there...don't fuck with Kenny Britt.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-990/HOME/565

And some pics (taken from some different angles to be fancy):

Last edited by Logan : 07-16-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 07-16-2007, 08:37 PM   #532
ageofquarrel
H.S. Freshman Team

thanks guys. I really want to play this game. but my 360 needs to be repaired. Im actually considering buying a ps3 tomorrow and ncaa 08 so i can play
ageofquarrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:18 PM   #533
TroyF
Coordinator

Just surfing through the video site a little bit. Some of the plays are amazing to watch. I can't wait to pick this thing up tomorrow.
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #534
rowech
Pro Starter

Quote:
Anyone have any suggestions for a fun build 'em up college to do a dynasty with? I would like to start with someone who isn't in a major conference but could realistically move into one at some point.

Any school in the MAC. It's a small scale Big 10 as they get the castoffs in the midwest with the occasional stud.
rowech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:45 PM   #535
BYU 14
Coordinator

Quote:

San Diego State in the MWC. To me it would be the perfect place to play College Football, but they have to compete against USC, UCLA and Cal for talent and always seem to underachieve. I would think if you can build them into a power the Pac 10 could be a possibility.

Last edited by BYU 14 : 07-16-2007 at 09:45 PM.
BYU 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:52 PM   #536
DeToxRox
Head Coach

Kentucky or Miss State is a challenge in the SEC.
DeToxRox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:19 PM   #537
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Whee! I'm leaving the house in about 15 minutes. It's almost time!
Old 07-16-2007, 10:22 PM   #538
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeToxRox View Post
Kentucky or Miss State is a challenge in the SEC.

I'm going to take on UK...most likely on the 2007 version, though.

As I detailed in the 2007 thread, I had a futile time trying to take Eastern Michigan to the title game. No matter how well I stacked my schedule or how bad I blew everyone out, I never made it.

Oh, and for those who are waiting a few days to buy, BB is running one of those weekend sales with the 10% coupons for Reward Zone members. So that's $5 off the game if you wait until Friday.
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."

Last edited by Ksyrup : 07-16-2007 at 10:22 PM.
Ksyrup is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:23 PM   #539
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:

I hate you. 90 minutes for me.
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:35 PM   #540
MJ4H
Coordinator

Quote:

I expect a dynasty when I wake up in the morning. I am not joking.
Old 07-16-2007, 10:36 PM   #541
TroyF
Coordinator

Very nice play.

http://www.easportsworld.com/#video-967/HOME/560
TroyF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 11:53 PM   #542
sabotai
General Manager

I pre-ordered from Amazon and it shipped this morning from Philly, so I should have it when I get home from work. Some kind of dynasty will be started (even if it is to test out formats and such for a real dynasty)
Old 07-17-2007, 12:07 AM   #543
INDalltheway
College Benchwarmer

I got it, but not sure how much play I can get tomorrow.. We will see though.
INDalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 12:09 AM   #544
vex
Grizzled Veteran

Got it
vex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 01:52 AM   #545
Phototropic
Mascot

Got it. Lost 3-9. Haven't been able to upload my videos tonight unfortunately.
Phototropic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:00 AM   #546
Bee
Pro Starter

I'm interested in hearing more impressions on the game and particularly the campus legend mode. I liked the concept last year on Madden, but there were a lot of little "nagging" issues IMO.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:40 AM   #547
Dr. Sak
Grizzled Veteran

I want to buy it but I'm not sure I want to settle for the PS2 version. I have been thinking about getting an XBox, but not sure I can pull it off just yet.
Dr. Sak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 07:56 AM   #548
CraigSca
Pro Starter

I'll be heading out within the hour (I just can't do the midnight thing), but I've been summoned to a customer site, so my "release day" will be later this afternoon and tonight - bleeh. I hate when Christmas gets delayed .
how do you know?

CraigSca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 08:59 AM   #549
mauchow
Grizzled Veteran

Ah, my wife will hate me if I get it.
mauchow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2007, 09:10 AM   #550
MizzouRah
Hall Of Famer

Tonight, tonight!!!!
MizzouRah is offline   Reply With Quote