Go Back   Front Office Football Central > Main Forums > Off Topic
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read Statistics

Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #5301
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surtt View Post
Does it use DirectX8?
I was assuming DirectX5 or so. Considering when he started to work on it and how it looked, assumed he was using the technology from that era and never updated along the way.

I don't know which version of DirectX he was using, just saying if he went from one DirectX to another, and that's all he did, it's not a "new" engine in any sense of the word, it would just be an upgrade. He's including Shaders so he may have rewrote most of the engine and redeisgned it's architecture some, and in that case it would be a "new" engine. Somehow I doubt that's what he did.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:42 PM   #5302
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

*whips out credit card*
cthomer5000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:46 PM   #5303
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by cthomer5000 View Post
*whips out credit card*

Because tossing it like a frisbee is more fun than playing Maximum Football?

Franchise Portfolio Draft Winner
Fictional Character Draft Winner
Television Family Draft Winner
Build Your Own Hollywood Studio Draft Winner
larrymcg421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:53 PM   #5304
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabotai View Post
I don't know which version of DirectX he was using, just saying if he went from one DirectX to another, and that's all he did, it's not a "new" engine in any sense of the word, it would just be an upgrade. He's including Shaders so he may have rewrote most of the engine and redeisgned it's architecture some, and in that case it would be a "new" engine. Somehow I doubt that's what he did.

From what I have gathered a redeisgne and rewrite would be needed to fix some of the problems. But with the amount of time it took to do the original work, I can not imagin David would be able to do it in less then a couple of years. So, who knows.

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:10 PM   #5305
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Well, the heralded 1.5 release is still being developed. But fear not M-F fans, Daivd has given us a glimpse of what is coming:

OMFG!!!! INFLATABLE HELMETS WITH THE HOME TEAM LOGO FOR THE PLAYERS TO EMERGE FROM!!!!!

I wish I wasn't joking.

http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1535778
So I dig deeper but still comin' up with lint
cartman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:13 PM   #5306
Bee
Pro Starter

The inflatable helmets along with the beer tent make this a must-have game for all football fans.
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:15 PM   #5307
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee View Post
The inflatable helmets along with the beer tent make this a must-have game for all football fans.

how do you blow them up? you have to press A and B really fast like Track and Field?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:20 PM   #5308
Bee
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmsuf View Post
how do you blow them up? you have to press A and B really fast like Track and Field?

Unless you have a wii...
Bee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:37 PM   #5309
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

Old 08-13-2007, 12:38 PM   #5310
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

In the immortal words of R. Kelly... OH SHIT.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #5311
BrianD
Grizzled Veteran

At least they do look nice...
BrianD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:39 PM   #5312
MikeVic
Head Coach

Whoa, where's the blue tunnel connected to? Some underground room?
MikeVic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #5313
MikeVic
Head Coach

And why is the bottom left of the helmet all black?
Old 08-13-2007, 12:40 PM   #5314
MikeVic
Head Coach

Oh, and I heard that you can turn off ineligible receivers. Is this true? This is a selling point of the game for me.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #5315
Toddzilla
Pro Starter

Seems the Hokies and Cavaliers are burning up the recruiting trail up in Canada, eh?
Toddzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:41 PM   #5316
rkmsuf
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVic View Post
And why is the bottom left of the helmet all black?

that's the beer tent shadow, fool.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #5317
cthomer5000
Strategy Moderator

And again I don't really understand posting images on their site using professional and college helemts. VT and Virginia obviously jump out, as well as the defunt Barcelona Dragons of NFL Europe.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #5318
MikeVic
Head Coach

Is that blue thing the beer tent?? I haven't been following this game very closely.
Old 08-13-2007, 12:42 PM   #5319
Mustang
Grizzled Veteran

Nice.... quote from the board.

"Thanks david and mmleague about imfo on the large helmets . Definately look forward to the new patch . Got to start save for a new vid card to see those great effects."

Unfortunately, not the only person talking about needing to upgrade to play this.
You, you will regret what you have done this day. I will make you regret ever being born. Your going to wish you never left your mothers womb, where it was warm and safe... and wet. i am going to show you pain you never knew existed, you are going to see a whole new spectrum of pain, like a Rainboooow. But! This rainbow is not just like any other rainbow, its...
Mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 12:43 PM   #5320
MikeVic
Head Coach

"Please hurry guys....I tried playing NCAA Football 08 and it is yet another big disappointment."

Heh. I haven't played NCAA, but this can't be better....
Old 08-13-2007, 12:44 PM   #5321
rkmsuf
Head Coach

"please hurry"

triple lol
Old 08-13-2007, 12:46 PM   #5322
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Georgia Tech's gonna sue over the use of that bulldog.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:08 PM   #5323
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpy Tudors View Post
Georgia Tech's gonna sue over the use of that bulldog.

Pumpy, you should be ashamed. I see your WOOF inflatable in that game. Don't try and act like you ain't all up into this game!
Old 08-13-2007, 01:12 PM   #5324
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
And again I don't really understand posting images on their site using professional and college helemts. VT and Virginia obviously jump out, as well as the defunt Barcelona Dragons of NFL Europe.

C'mon man. Those are the Vanilla Tech and Virgin Islands helmets.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:14 PM   #5325
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antmeister View Post
Pumpy, you should be ashamed. I see your WOOF inflatable in that game. Don't try and act like you ain't all up into this game!
:o
Old 08-13-2007, 01:23 PM   #5326
Surtt
College Benchwarmer

Wow this is only one step down from Madden's "Create-a-Fan."

United States Supreme Court Justice
Louis D. Brandeis
Surtt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:47 PM   #5327
Bonegavel
Awaiting Further Instructions...

Seriously, why would you waste 30 seconds on inflatible helmets from which to emerge when the game is in Suckville, population 1. That thing looks like a mutant beetle.

Also, did he forget to program the hair or is that in the directX 10 version?

Bonegavel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:48 PM   #5328
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post
Seriously, why would you waste 30 seconds on inflatible helmets from which to emerge when the game is in Suckville, population 1. That thing looks like a mutant beetle.

Also, did he forget to program the hair or is that in the directX 10 version?

Everyone's bald.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 PM   #5329
rkmsuf
Head Coach

A bounce house for the cheerleaders would have been a much better choice.
Old 08-13-2007, 01:57 PM   #5330
digamma
Torchbearer

This truly is the thread that keeps on giving.
digamma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 01:58 PM   #5331
sabotai
General Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonegavel View Post

Because this isn't a real game, it is Daivd's testing program that he uses to learn how to do "neat" things. He wanted to learn about shaders and mess around with them, so he put them in his testing program. He wanted to do large inflatable helmets and have players runs through them because it would be neat to do, so he used this testing program to test it out. He's having fun learning how to do some neat things, and he wants us to pay for the privilege of watching him learn how to do neat things.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:02 PM   #5332
albionmoonlight
Head Coach

Quote:

What you need to do is buy the game and, if you are not satisfied, write a letter to Virginia Tech expressing your disapointment in them for having lent their name to such a shoddy product. You used to expect the Virginia Tech brand to mean something . . . but no more.
albionmoonlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 02:03 PM   #5333
MikeVic
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post
What you need to do is buy the game and, if you are not satisfied, write a letter to Virginia Tech expressing your disapointment in them for having lent their name to such a shoddy product. You used to expect the Virginia Tech brand to mean something . . . but no more.

And then say this game has the Virginia Tech Dog Bowl. Your letter will be read.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:52 PM   #5334
Eaglesfan27
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by albionmoonlight View Post

Brilliant! I'm tempted to buy the game just to do this.
Eaglesfan27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:26 PM   #5335
johneh
Mascot

BREAKING NEWS....
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1555867

Greetings.

As some of you may know, the next version of the game is closing in on release. While my policy is to not give release dates or estimated release dates, I think it's safe to say we're close.

There has been a slight change in plan and I thought I'd take this time to update everyone as to what that is.

As you're all aware (or at least many are probably aware), we've all been refereeing to the upcoming version as Version 1.5

After discussions with David Heath of Matrix, we've decided to change that. This version will officially be called Maximum-Football 2.0.

I understand that this name change, so close to release, is very unorthodox and is probably not something you'd see many game companies do, however our reason for this change is pretty simple. Keeping the game named Maximum-Football 1.5 would simply be seen as a patch. What you'll be getting is far, far more than just a patch. It is, for all practical purposes, a brand new game. We felt that leaving the game named in a 'patch' way, would undermine the great efforts put forth by everyone involved.

The area of concern for me is that this name change could lead to some misunderstandings on feature set. So, I'd like to clear those up before they get started.

For about a year now (maybe more), I have been stating that the 'next version' of the game would have some additional features asked for by the playing community. Some of those features involve AI trades, salary caps, online game play, etc.. Those of you that frequent the board probably know what I'm talking about. As I said, I've been saying that 'the next version will have those'. We'll, this is being advertised now as 'the next version', but I'm afraid those features I just mentioned will not be included. And that is why, Maximum-Football 2.0 is still going to be a free update to anyone that has purchased any flavour of version 1.

What you will be getting is a better graphics experience, better game play, and better animations. Along with a few new features requested by the game community.

Along with the release of Maximum-Football 2.0, Matrix will be making printed manuals available. I'll ask someone from Matrix to post a reply here to explain the process of obtaining a printed manual.

The official Maximum-Football website (http://www.maximum-football.com) has been updated to reflect the name change.

So, I hope this rather unusual name change will not throw too much confusion into the mix.

thanks again,
David Winter
johneh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #5336
cartman
Death Herald

Location: Le stelle la notte sono grandi e luminose nel cuore profondo del Texas
Sweet Lord baby Jeebus, all 7 pounds 11 ounces of him wrapped in swaddling, this release had better be the second coming of our lord and savior Tom Landry, or so help me Vince Lombardi, I will find Daivd Winter and slap him silly where he stands, CFL rules allowing or not.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #5337
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Putting this in the Babel Fish language translator. Setting: "Bullshit to English."

Quote:
Originally Posted by johneh View Post
BREAKING NEWS....
http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=1555867

Greetings.

As some of you may know, the next version of the game is closing in on release. While my policy is to not give release dates or estimated release dates, I think it's safe to say we're close.

I have absolutely no fucking clue when the next version will be released, but I decided to talk about it anyways.

Quote:
There has been a slight change in plan and I thought I'd take this time to update everyone as to what that is.

All that stuff I've been telling you guys? Yeah, it was a bunch of horseshit.

Quote:
As you're all aware (or at least many are probably aware), we've all been refereeing to the upcoming version as Version 1.5

After discussions with David Heath of Matrix, we've decided to change that. This version will officially be called Maximum-Football 2.0.

This game is so fucked up that when we make improvements, it's hard to determine if those improvements constitude an update or a whole new version. We're calling it 2.0 to swindle all you suckers into thinking it's a whole new game.

Quote:
I understand that this name change, so close to release, is very unorthodox and is probably not something you'd see many game companies do, however our reason for this change is pretty simple. Keeping the game named Maximum-Football 1.5 would simply be seen as a patch. What you'll be getting is far, far more than just a patch. It is, for all practical purposes, a brand new game. We felt that leaving the game named in a 'patch' way, would undermine the great efforts put forth by everyone involved.

We spent way too much time arguing over this instead of working on new features for the game.

Quote:
The area of concern for me is that this name change could lead to some misunderstandings on feature set. So, I'd like to clear those up before they get started.

Please don't throw stuff at me, but I'm about to piss you off.

Quote:
For about a year now (maybe more), I have been stating that the 'next version' of the game would have some additional features asked for by the playing community. Some of those features involve AI trades, salary caps, online game play, etc.. Those of you that frequent the board probably know what I'm talking about. As I said, I've been saying that 'the next version will have those'. We'll, this is being advertised now as 'the next version', but I'm afraid those features I just mentioned will not be included. And that is why, Maximum-Football 2.0 is still going to be a free update to anyone that has purchased any flavour of version 1.

Even though we decided to call this a whole new version, we're adding fewer features than we promised when it was only gonna be 1.5. No, that doesn't make any sense, but this version is such a shitty deal that we're not going to even try and sell it to the suckers who were stupid enough to buy it the first time around.

Quote:
What you will be getting is a better graphics experience, better game play, and better animations. Along with a few new features requested by the game community.

You'll be dazzled by the new graphics, the improved game play, and uh, new graphics! No I did not at all repeat two of the improvements.

Quote:
Along with the release of Maximum-Football 2.0, Matrix will be making printed manuals available. I'll ask someone from Matrix to post a reply here to explain the process of obtaining a printed manual.

You guys need toilet paper? Let me know and I can send you some.

Quote:
The official Maximum-Football website (http://www.maximum-football.com) has been updated to reflect the name change.

So, I hope this rather unusual name change will not throw too much confusion into the mix.

thanks again,
David Winter

Hope you idiots can still find the website.

Last edited by larrymcg421 : 08-31-2007 at 09:48 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:44 PM   #5338
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

oh sweet jesus. Here we go again
DaddyTorgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 PM   #5339
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

did anyone else scratch their head at this point?

Quote:

Keeping the game named Maximum-Football 1.5 would simply be seen as a patch. What you'll be getting is far, far more than just a patch. It is, for all practical purposes, a brand new game. We felt that leaving the game named in a 'patch' way, would undermine the great efforts put forth by everyone involved.

so wtf? you want to call it a "new game" but not include the feature set you were going to include so you're going to call it a patch? but you want to have everyone refer to it as a new game?

that's just...maximum footballish
Old 08-31-2007, 09:47 PM   #5340
KWhit
Coordinator

The version number is maximumly customizable!
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:49 PM   #5341
DaddyTorgo
Hall Of Famer

just when you think this thread is close to dead...we could get another 5k posts out of version 2.0!!!
Old 08-31-2007, 09:50 PM   #5342
KWhit
Coordinator

He should have just called it version 1.9999999999999
KWhit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #5343
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Uh....what? So they are calling it 2.0 for what reason? And they are going to profit by calling it 2.0 for what reason?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:56 PM   #5344
larrymcg421
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by KWhit View Post
He should have just called it version 1.9999999999999

Actually version 0.5 would be best.

"We're throwing out the shitty features already in the game!"

Old 08-31-2007, 09:58 PM   #5345
cartman
Death Herald

AAAAAAGHHHHH stpuid marthafokkkerssss@@@ Why couln't you lrt a DE lead the leagfue in padding???? AAAGHHH@!
Old 08-31-2007, 10:00 PM   #5346
ShaneTheMaster
High School JV

Eagerly waiting for the all new franchise reports... Who do you think will be the one to get -20934.9473254112 yards passing?
Ex-GM, Cincinatti Bengals, (Replicated NFL)
Ex-GM, Tampa Bay Surge, (WLAF)
ShaneTheMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:01 PM   #5347
Passacaglia
Coordinator

I can't believe he spelled well as we'll
Passacaglia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #5348
cartman
Death Herald

OnLookupFailed 55 1.....

SCREW YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cartman : 08-31-2007 at 10:04 PM.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM   #5349
Yossarian
High School Varsity

Quote:
The version number is maximumly customizable!

hahaha
Yossarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 10:07 PM   #5350
Antmeister
Pro Starter

Quote:
Yeah, we don't want to confuse those who have purchased the game. We just want to confuse the people who haven't bought the game.

Quote:
So the game doesn't actually have the features to warrant calling it 2.0, but since he didn't make the deadline to add all the features he wanted (Oh yeah, he did these simple things in the early 90's. You know, drafting, trading, salary caps, etc.), he had no choice but to call it 2.0 to please his publisher. At least that is my assumption right now.